PDA

View Full Version : Chenghou Project Tips

Rubix42
30th September 2008, 03:38 PM
So I'm having a spot of trouble on Chenghou. I can take the hairpin fine, but have all kinds of trouble on Phantom with the off angle sweeping left that is right after it.

Normally when I have trouble with a spot on a track, I save an autopilot and see what the computer shows me, but the autopilot on this portion of the track just bounces around worse than I do.

I sometimes have success nosing down and taking it high, but I have also been passed on the outside while doing this. Just wanted to see if anyone had a real clean line for this section of the track.

Flashback Jack
30th September 2008, 03:41 PM
Going by my Pure experience here, but try taking the turn leading from outside to the inside, using pitch control (up and left on your controller) to pin down the resulting float.

- F

eLhabib
30th September 2008, 03:41 PM
I always try to go as far on the outside as possible. Just softly add some airbraking, and you should be able to clear the whole bend in one smooth sweep. If your ship gets carried outwards, don't press harder on the airbrake, this will only make your rear swing out and touch the banking. Instead, do a qick sideshift to the inside, and continue with the same radius as before.
Hope that helps. :)

Rubix42
30th September 2008, 03:47 PM
Aha! That explains it. When I try to take the outside and drift to the right, I do normally hit the airbrake harder, funny you should mention it.

darkfaerytales
30th September 2008, 03:50 PM
i have unlock chenghou yesterday afternoon and with my serious surprise i have to admit that i did not expected a track so hard and tricky... that has been a very surprise

i have destroyed billions of ships yesterday in that track...

Axel
30th September 2008, 03:50 PM
Basically what El said. Too behonest this is where Assagai is so good with it's handling. It feels good to airbreak gently around that corner side ways :)

PILOT-B
1st October 2008, 02:06 PM
Any advice getting an Icaras around that hairpin, fellas?

eLhabib
1st October 2008, 02:29 PM
Approach it from the outside (right), cut in as soon as possible with heavy airbraking (try pressing the brake button really hard, maybe your sensitivity setting is so high that you haven't pressed up to 100% braking effect yet). At the last part of the turn, make a sideshift to the left - you should be clear.

Axel
1st October 2008, 02:39 PM
What is the best setting to have for break sensitivity? 100% or lower?

Rubix42
1st October 2008, 02:56 PM
The higher the sensitivity, the more finesse you can use. Basically youcan barely push on the button for a little line correction, or mash it down to take a hairpin.

If you drop it to 10%, no matter how hard you press it, you get a full airbrake. I find that about 50% works great for me. I can tap for easy corrections, and I can press down for hard corners.

Sausehuhn
1st October 2008, 03:29 PM
Pitch the craft's nose up for a short moment before you enter a 90° turn. Then leave the pitch untouched again. That makes those turns a lot easier.
Works great with the motion sensor.