PDA

View Full Version : How high can you go?!

Jambo
30th September 2008, 10:34 AM
Yesterday I was playing online with one of my friends.

We were racing on Sol 2 and he attacked me with a missile, I started to slide off the track slowly and as I had a boost I used this to try to stay on the track.

Well by the time I had pressed square the back end of my AG-Sys had slid off and the craft was pointing skyward. This meant insted of returning to the track I shot straight up in a vertical take off, passing through the clouds to blue sky on the other side, before returning to, and totally missing the track.

I lost the race but it was amazing! I was using skype to talk to my friend at the same time and he saw this all, said he just saw my shoot straight into the clouds!

Anyone else had something similar or something else unexpected happen to them?

Roz
30th September 2008, 11:18 AM
No photos??? Awww! :pirate

eLhabib
30th September 2008, 12:36 PM
next time you do that, TAKE A GODDAMN PICTURE! ;)

Tekkenizer
30th September 2008, 12:53 PM
damn that sounds awesome! A colonial Viper taking off lol:D

Virtical
30th September 2008, 12:55 PM
Photo mode next time xD
nice flight?

SouthendRage
30th September 2008, 01:09 PM
Wow! I'm gonna try that when I get home, if I am successful i'll post a pic!

Pirahna rocket ready for take off! :dizzy

Axel
30th September 2008, 01:10 PM
Sounds brilliant, was you able to control the direction a little when you was coming back down again? Shame you was playing multiplayer since screen shots are not available :(

karmacoma01
30th September 2008, 02:04 PM
Very cool! It happens a lot of crazy stuff sometimes. I hope they patch in a replay function in the future.

wirehang
30th September 2008, 02:27 PM
I've managed to jump off the hill, bounc off the shopping mall and back onto the track in Ubermall

And in Sebenco Climb you can get pretty high just before the tunnel, but the icicle stops you landing in the tunnel

zerojay
30th September 2008, 02:53 PM
Yesterday, I fell straight through the middle of the track 5 times. I also scrapped a wall and found my entire craft stopped on a dime and jumped straight up while still sitting horizontally. I also got 10 shields in one race.

SouthendRage
30th September 2008, 03:13 PM
Seems like a Glitch-A-Thon for your Wipeout lol :eek (Comment on previous post)

AG-wolf
30th September 2008, 04:03 PM
Ah Sol 2, when FrostE and I were playing on Sunday, I managed to launch off one of the feathered wings where the track is suspended... the weird thing was that I managed to do a barrel roll while resting ON the wing, and when the BR completed, it launched me skyward too :P

Jambo
30th September 2008, 04:43 PM
Hey sorry have been in lectures since I posted. Is photomode possible online? Anyway if it happens to you be prepared to search for the track!

Am guessing it will happen some of you sooner or later!

Darkdrium777
30th September 2008, 10:12 PM
Well to take a picture you just have to reproduce the event offline. I'll see if I can, it would be a beauty to be able to see Sol 2 suspended in the air in it's entirety. :D

Jambo
30th September 2008, 11:43 PM
Ok good news, went to do speed laps at Sol 2 to attempt this again and it worked on the first lap. I have 4 photos of it that, once I work out how to upload to net, will post a link to!

Didn't take long too work out! This isn't quite as impressive as the first time but good nonetheless!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jmccaughern/FlyingHighInHD#

Enjoy!

eLhabib
1st October 2008, 07:28 AM
WOW! The first picture is seriously awesome!

Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
No, it's AG-SYSTEMS!

rdmx
1st October 2008, 07:50 AM
This just happened to me in an online race :eek Needless to say I lost.

Virtical
1st October 2008, 11:18 AM
Hahahah, nice work man, awesome pics :D

Jambo
1st October 2008, 11:52 AM
The trick is finding the track again afterwards, needless to say this has not happened yet!

mdhay
1st October 2008, 05:59 PM
This High.

captain howdy
2nd October 2008, 04:27 PM
I reached a height similar to the one in those Sol 2 pictures. This was on the reverse Metropia track. I was boosting in a weird place and I slammed into a billboard-type thing at a weird angle and my ship just blasted straight into the air. It had gone so high; I was suprised it wasn't resetting to the track. I was sure I was screwed.

But it just reached an apex and starting falling, so I did a barrel roll and, amazingly, landed perfectly and kept on in the race.

I think I ended up finishing second.

Task
3rd October 2008, 06:20 AM
... Wow.

Be awesome to have a saved replay of that, wouldn't it?

Even better, a ghost!
Distribute the ghost with "try and follow me!", then someone's following you on the track, then suddenly "where'd he go?!?" 8 )