PDA

View Full Version : Résumé Circuit ?? Menu translations.

Yome NetSan
29th September 2008, 01:28 PM
Hi there !

Am I the only one who figure out a BIG translation mistake in wipEout HD ? :-

I'm french, so my PS3 is in french and so is wipEout HD.
In the Audio option menu there is this item : "Résumé Circuit", which can be translate by "Track description" for example (I thought it would be something like the Pulse track description). I enabled it before my first play and forgot it.

Several plays later, I've seen no track description but noticed that the music I was listening to keeps playing from when it stoped at the following track (I mean racing track, not music track).:dizzy
And that's the point !
I didn't check the spelling in english but I guess this option must be "Resume Track" and being in the Audio menu, it make sense !

I was used to translation mystake in Castlevania or other Konami games (inverting "Buy" and "Sell" :dizzy )but not in wipEout !! :D

Skvall
29th September 2008, 01:30 PM
Maybe not worth an own thread? =P

And its french, who cares. :D ;)

Shozovulnai
29th September 2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, it's Resume Track in English and it confused me too a bit, since track could mean racetrack or music track, but it being in the audio department must mean that it's the latter. Never used it though.

Skvall
29th September 2008, 01:33 PM
"Never used it though."

:o I love it

Shozovulnai
29th September 2008, 01:37 PM
To me it feels kinda weird if the music track suddenly continues right where it ended in the previous race. But to each his own. Then again those 8-9 minute tracks can never be completed in a normal single race or time trial. Speed Lap and Zone is a whole different matter, I had fun with Venetian Snares' Szycag which started to go really insanely noisy in Zen.

Darkdrium777
29th September 2008, 02:23 PM
Why are you playing WipEout in French anyways? It's much better in English (And my first language is French ;)) It will make you practice.

Yome NetSan
29th September 2008, 02:33 PM
Do you mean I don't speack well englsih ??!! ;)
I agree about the english practicing. Unfortunatly, I share my PS3 with my wife and a friend who are not very good in english so...