PDA

View Full Version : neGcon support for WOHD PS3

Wip3ou7
28th September 2008, 04:41 PM
SL, what are the chances that you can impliment support for the neGcon into WOHD, if we say, had a PS2 to PS3 adapter (with a PSHOME button on it) such as THIS ONE (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/11/review-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-controller-adapter/)?

captain howdy
28th September 2008, 04:44 PM
i don't understand why someone would want this. you can't afford a dualshock 3?

Wip3ou7
28th September 2008, 04:48 PM
Wow did you even read my post? Obviously not, that or you have no idea what a neGcon is.

captain howdy
28th September 2008, 04:50 PM
i sure did, skipper.

EDIT: "or you have no idea what a neGcon is."

^this. i'm assuming it's a pre-PS3 playstation controller. but again... i don't see the problem with using the dualshock.

RE: EDIT: okay, i looked it up. it's missing three buttons. looks awkward.

Wip3ou7
28th September 2008, 04:56 PM
There's no "problem" with the dual shock, its just that many of the OG-W'O"ers would perfer to use the neGcon if it were possible.

captain howdy
28th September 2008, 04:58 PM
i'd like to see someone playing a game with it. it's an interesting design, to say the least.

EDIT: and after youtubing, it looks kind of cool.

Lance
28th September 2008, 05:35 PM
We neGcon lovers are quite fanatic. And, I believe, justifiably so.

Wip3ou7
28th September 2008, 08:44 PM
I'm suprised that this thread hasn't shown more of a response... Am I the only one that thinks this should be possible? Wtfz! Now that they make PS2 to PS3 adapters that actually have a PS button on them, WHY NOT?! EH? Seriously, I'd like to hear from Colin or anyone else from SL about weather they have considered this or not, and what the conclusion was and why?

Flashback Jack
28th September 2008, 09:09 PM
it's an interesting design, to say the least.

Yes, and as it concerns games that require fine analog control, the Negcon is unrivalled in its precision. Nobody could count on setting world record times in Wipeout, WOXL, WO3 or Wipeout Fusion unless that person uses one. Such would also be the case in HD I imagine; not even motion-based control could potentially match it.

For driving games that support it, the Negcon is equal to or better than the best driving wheels -- that's why there's a demand for the device not only in Wipeout, but for the full range of games on the PS3 platform.

- F

phl0w
28th September 2008, 09:32 PM
I'm suprised that this thread hasn't shown more of a responseBecause that "Will we be ever able to use a negcon with PS3" topic has been brought up numerous times since a WO(HD) for PS3 has been confirmed. I guess it goes without saying that everybody, except maybe for those "level-playing-field-radicals" would love to use their Negcon with PS3, or PSP for that matter.

Skvall
28th September 2008, 09:43 PM
I want it! Patch plz. =P

Rapier Racer
28th September 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm sure there was a response something along the lines of SL will not support a controller when Namco itself no longer supports it. Was the controller not seen as a failure in the eyes of many? I remember seeing it branded the worst peripheral ever by some gaming site with that in mind...

They (SL) would be spending time which costs money to implement support for a redundant controller that the majority of people arn't going to use on a PS3 the expression keep on dreaming comes to mind.

Personally I find the motion sensing features of the DualShock 3 excellent for controlling pitch and I appreciate the fact that I don't have to sit there twisting the pad round, which makes my arm sore after a while.

Also how come so many we want a Neggie for PS3 threads are tolerated and not locked in this forum?

infoxicated
28th September 2008, 10:13 PM
Beats me.