PDA

View Full Version : Races with weapons off.

Mad-Ice
28th September 2008, 10:23 AM
Friday night I was doing a race online with weapons off in phantom. This race was on Chenghou Project, within 2 laps my shield was critical because of all the BRs possible. Luckely I was able to do 3 perfect laps and survive the race. But later on I was thinking maybe I just should have let myself explode and get new energy for more BRs and be faster.

If this will be the way to be faster in races with weapons off, then it will suck big time. Does any of you tried this out yet? Otherwise we'll have to experiment with it to find out what is faster! I hope to be faster without exploding because otherwise there is no challenge in racing with weapons off.

Here is hoping for a good outcome for all our Avalon lovers out there.

The Gracer
28th September 2008, 10:33 AM
Sorry to be totally ignorant - Avalon?

Flashback Jack
28th September 2008, 10:35 AM
Non-weapon hotlap parties invented and generally hosted by Kanar. The operating principle is to be "the fastest, ever."

- F

The Gracer
28th September 2008, 10:39 AM
I gathered the fastest ever part from a quick forum search but i couldnt find any detailed info on it, thanks for that flash.

I feel like some sort of unsanctioned, underground rebel league has formed within our ranks! :P And slipped right under my nose in the process.

lunar
28th September 2008, 01:53 PM
"Underground rebel league" :lol Very much so, but peace-loving rebels too, and therefore not likely to win the war in the end. ;)

Mad, I`m not sure if this is going to be a problem as when you respawn it`s only with 30% energy, I think - so maybe two or three more BRs and you would be dead again. I don`t think you would quite make up the time lost from dying, but we should test it I think.

Rapier Racer
28th September 2008, 01:56 PM
The operating principle is to be "the fastest, ever.

How ironic then that someone with weapons on could pick up turbos and flatten these fastest ever records.

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 02:30 PM
Mad-Ice, don't worry mate, getting eliminated sets you back A LOT, no way in catching up all that time, even if you had full shields after respawn.

kanar
28th September 2008, 04:43 PM
Hi guys,

Back from the lab (f----n' floaty fish)

Just noticed that thread, ok elhabib so no probs for online TTs good news. If I may; just wanted with that avalon thing to federate all the beat-music + TT/SL lovers. That's all. Peace Rapier LOL

Anyway I'm obliged to use these guns in my HD gold quest!

Autechom
13th October 2011, 10:02 AM
Hm, I guess I can use this forgotten thread for it. So, if anyone is interested in Phantom races without weapons, feel free to add me. Maybe we can gather enough people to meet more or less reguarly and play a nice tournament withount boom-boom. C u on the track!

LJtheZombie
13th October 2011, 11:09 AM
Funny, I'd been meaning to create a thread for exactly that purpose. I'm not really any good at Phantom speed, but if anyone's interested in non-weapon races in Rapier class (or below), go ahead and add me as well.

trackripper
15th October 2011, 05:35 PM
Yup, count me in for non-wep Rapier races too. :)

feisar rocket
22nd October 2011, 04:13 PM
I would join! When?

And add me for Endurance Races, every Friday-Sunday! More the marrier! (Weps are off too!)
PSN: shamarskii

D_1998_BR
6th November 2011, 05:49 PM
Too bad many people leave when I choose weapons off or zone battle...Most people i play today aren't good pilots,they win because of the accuracy with plasmas and rockets (I'm quite good shooting rockets on corners,but i'm not a freak like some people around the game...
>.>
<.<
O.O

Flint Fandango
6th November 2011, 06:29 PM
Sad but true. Recently, I hosted a single race "weps on"; A freak raced in front of me, just to fall behind all of a sudden and shoot my rear end. Or passing me to wait at the following corner and shoot rockets right into my face...this happened 2 races in a row. The whole time! :brickwall WTF? It´s not an eliminator - it´s a damn single race!

I turned into weps off, and guess what: The freak left the room, sending me a message sayin´: German Coward.
Man, I totally unlatched and gave her massive retaliation. No remorse, serves her right.

D_1998_BR
6th November 2011, 06:41 PM
Sad but true. Recently, I hosted a single race "weps on"; A freak raced in front of me, just to fall behind all of a sudden and shoot my rear end. Or passing me to wait at the following corner and shoot rockets right into my face...this happened 2 races in a row. The whole time! :brickwall WTF? It´s not an eliminator - it´s a damn single race!

I turned into weps off, and guess what: The freak left the room, sending me a message sayin´: German Coward.
Man, I totally unlatched and gave her massive retaliation. No remorse, serves her right.

Let me guess,her name is U_Love_Sheepgirl?

Yeah,she always does that,I race her really often,seems like she follows me,and I win most of the times...She started doing this to me yesterday,and I sent her a message: "U_Hate_Me?"

She replied,I replied,she replied,I replied...

Then she said I was no competition for her,even after beating the :turd outta her :lol

Olivario
6th November 2011, 07:13 PM
I love Weps off races, just give me a shout if you want to play :)

SoA_Booney
6th November 2011, 08:20 PM
yeah U_Love_Sheepgirl does that alot, many times she/he has sent me messages like that, its really pathetic and the way she/he plays is just not fun at all :L just ignore it really, its what i do :P

trackripper
6th November 2011, 08:22 PM
Let me guess,her name is U_Love_Sheepgirl?

Yeah,she always does that,I race her really often,seems like she follows me,and I win most of the times...She started doing this to me yesterday,and I sent her a message: "U_Hate_Me?"

She replied,I replied,she replied,I replied...

Then she said I was no competition for her,even after beating the :turd outta her :lol

The technique with her is not to appear angry in your messages, then she gradually just gives up :P She beat me in a 1v1 12 race tourney using that technique and I freaked her out 'cause I was perfectly calm at the end of it :P

P_Denton
6th November 2011, 09:12 PM
Warning, not for the the faint hearted :
http://www.google.fr/search?tbm=isch&q=sheepgirl

Dunno where he got that alias, but his racing/messages seem awfully normal after seeing that *pukes* I shan't question sheepgirl's motives again for they are unfathomable...

D_1998_BR
7th November 2011, 10:32 AM
I did the same search too,P_Denton...

That's the exact same results i had (of course,same search,same results,:lol )
I freaked her out some days ago since i had lots of shields and autopilots (after getting hit,use the autopilot,it will make it so that the hit never happened)

Then I started playing her game,i kept on side-shifting into her ship when she stopped,she couldn't shoot me and eventually left...Some time later she joined again and I made zone battle.She also plays the aggressive person in it too :lol

Aaaanyway,i haven't heard any news about her for some time,maybe she give up "attacking" me...she saves the weapons she gets to hit the 1st place,anybody ever noticed?

Flint Fandango
7th November 2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, that´s her...U_Love_Sheepgirl or sweet_sheepgirl. Well, I would have ignored the message if it were only about the "coward" - but regarding the "German" it´s no fun at all, it´s down on a personal level!
I gave her "German", you bet. :twisted

In my opinion, you´ve to accept the hosts choices or leave the lobby. Fair enough. If you wanna do an eliminator race - no problem, go for it. But please, try to keep a level head and something like dignity during a single race/tournament!

FirstDave
7th November 2011, 05:34 PM
I have had some nasty messages off go-sheepgirl before.Just one of lifes Morons.:P

Dave.

Dark_Phantom_89
7th November 2011, 06:40 PM
Who is this sheepgirl anyway? I've never seen or heard of this person in any of the rooms that I frequent. Do they stay away from Phantom speed or something?

Archon
8th November 2011, 05:45 AM
U_Love_Sheepgirl... I can't believe we're discussing that person. I'll say honestly, I don't think I'm playing the same game as some of these kids who race online (and I use the term "race" lightly).

They stay away from Phantom rooms, alright. They stay away from any room that isn't Flash, Weapons On, BRs off, 8-player shim-sham.

D_1998_BR
8th November 2011, 10:42 AM
Anyone know how many sheepgirls are there? I've seen 3 of them...

I like messing with her sometimes,but if you guys are those who can't take some offensive messages,here is a tip:

1.Go to messages box
2.Press Triangle on one of her messages
3.Add her to Blocked List
4.Done! She won't bother you anymore :)

Flint Fandango
8th November 2011, 08:15 PM
Huh? There´s a blocked list?? That´s fantastic, I´ll try it immediately! :D
Thanks, mate! Now, the discussion about the sheep-freak is over, I guess.

LJtheZombie
8th November 2011, 09:47 PM
They've been at if for a good couple of years at least; they were around when I started playing, although they raced under the name 'feel_the_weapon' at the time. Honestly, I don't really have a problem with other people using stop+shoot tactics like that, I just start doing it back if I see it! I just see it as a different style of play - if you can pull it off, go for it.

D_1998_BR
10th November 2011, 10:52 AM
They've been at if for a good couple of years at least; they were around when I started playing, although they raced under the name 'feel_the_weapon' at the time. Honestly, I don't really have a problem with other people using stop+shoot tactics like that, I just start doing it back if I see it! I just see it as a different style of play - if you can pull it off, go for it.

Also played against go_weapon_girl? Also very annoying person

SoA_Booney
10th November 2011, 05:42 PM
Also played against go_weapon_girl? Also very annoying person

same person xD

D_1998_BR
11th November 2011, 10:04 AM
same person xD

Ohz,alrite,I kind of thought it was the same person,as sheepgirl also speaks of her in 3rd person :lol