PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Pages : [1] 2 3

Keenan
27th September 2008, 02:42 PM
Had a search about and couldn't find any threads on actually helping with any of the trophies.

I've made this as a one stop thread where you can keep all trophy related questions in. Please use the descriptions below when asking for help, this way people can search for help rather than asking questions that have already been answered http://images.pesfan.com/smilies/smile.gif

I will be updating each trophy with how to achieve them.

Trophy List

Source - http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/wipeout-hd/trophies

Uplift - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Uplift
Warped - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Warped
Frenzy - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Frenzy
Vertigo - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Vertigo
Head Rush - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Head Rush
Speed Freak - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Speed Freak
Dropzone - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Dropzone
Meltdown - Bronze Trophy - Obtain a medal for every cell in Meltdown
Flatland Flyer - Bronze Trophy - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma
Own the Zone - Bronze Trophy - Get 20 consecutive perfect zones in a single Zone Mode event
Double Kill - Bronze Trophy - Eliminate at least two opponents in any race
Endurance - Bronze Trophy - Finish an online 12 race tournament
Connected 1 - Bronze Trophy - Finish 10 online races
Campaign Legend - Silver Trophy - Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign
Airbraker - Silver Trophy - Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be turned off.
Tournament Ace - Silver Trophy - Win every race of an 8 stage Racebox tournament on Skilled or Elite difficulty.

Tournament Ace trophy Tip.
This is for newbies,so please don't flame me.

This is a tip so you can get this one out of the way really quickly, and then get on with the much hard parts of the game.....WO Purists look away.

Go into Racebox.
1]Select Tournament
2]Select AI at Skilled.
3]Select weapons off.
4]Select Vineta K...for all 8 of of the tournament races.
5]Select Venom speed.,why do 8 more laps than you need to by choosing Flash.

Then all you have to do is keep getting perfect laps and coming first for all 8 races.
It's so simple on Vineta K....even a Nascar driver could do it.

Connected 2 - Silver Trophy - Win 10 online races.
Lapped Out - Silver Trophy - Complete 99 laps in a single Racebox, Speed Lap session
AG Assassin - Silver Trophy - Eliminate 50 online opponents
WipEout Disciple - Silver Trophy - Obtain 100,000 loyalty points for any team.
Zone Zues - Gold Trophy - In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track
Arcade Perfect - Gold Trophy - Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty.
Beat Zico - Gold Trophy - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.
Elite Campaign Legend - Gold Trophy - Obtain a gold medal in every cell in Race Campaign on Elite Difficulty.

Video on how to beat it >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O877da7BrTs&fmt=18

Livery Liberation - Gold Trophy - Unlock every ship skin in the game.
Transcendence - Platinum Trophy - Earn all the trophies in the game

Secret Trophies

Smile Please - Bronze Trophy - Use Photo Mode to take a photo
Rookie Reward - Bronze Trophy - Win any race with Pilot Assist on.
1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go... - Bronze Trophy - Obtain your first gold medal
Happy Accident? - Bronze Trophy - Execute your first successful barrel roll
Keep Rollin' - Bronze Trophy - Execute 100 successful barrel rolls
Gemini - Bronze Trophy - Complete 20 two-player, split-screen races.
Sponge - Bronze Trophy - Absorb 500 items.
Bling Brigade - Bronze Trophy - Finish an eight player online race with all players using ships that are displaying Campaign Skins.
Mercenary - Bronze Trophy - Get at least 500 loyalty points for each team.
Motion Master - Bronze Trophy - Win a Campaign or Racebox race with the motion sensor option set to 'pitch and steering'. Directional buttons, Left Stick & Pilot Assist cannot be used to obtain this trophy.
Thanks for the Memory - Bronze Trophy - Win a Campaign, Racebox or Online race using each HUD style variation.
Deadly Momentum - Bronze Trophy - Get eliminated in a race on Novice difficulty

Note by Lance: For clarity, please give your posts a subject title that is the name of the trophy you're giving tips for/discussing.

Keenan
27th September 2008, 02:44 PM
Well I'll get it up and running :)

# Beat Zico - Gold Trophy - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.

Any tips on how this is done as myself and a few friends have been trying it and can only get 32.08.

stin
27th September 2008, 02:55 PM
I want to know who done 30.82?!!

stevie:)

Keenan
27th September 2008, 02:58 PM
Zico is one of the staff at SL.

Trying to find the answer on the internet but no joy so far.

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 03:13 PM
My best is 31.29 so far (tried it for 99 laps ;)) - how?
- don't miss a speed Pad (obviously)
- use the boost when jumping up to the narrow straight, and do a BR (tricky landing)
- jump off the narrow strip after the last speed pad. jump to the left, do a BR and catch the speed pad on the lower strip.

I am 99% sure that's how 'Zico' did it - my 31.29 was done that way, but it wasn't absolutely perfect, some turns could have been cut tighter, so shaving about 3/4 of a second off that line is definitely possible.

Keenan
27th September 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm down to 32.18 now with that speed boost up to ramp tip, missed 2 of the pads aswell. Cheers.

EDIT: My friend Mark thinks he's worked it out. Will get back when he does beat it.

Darkdrium777
27th September 2008, 03:56 PM
I think I did around the same time as eLhabib, but it's still isn't close. I didn't use the same strategy though. What I did: keep one turbo and fire it off before the finish line, hit all the speed pads, when coming up the hill before the narrow section, turbo again and do the BR there (Watch out, fall off and you respawn), then hit all the pads, go up the narrow section and when coming back down do another BR.

Keenan
27th September 2008, 03:59 PM
That appears to be what my friends doing. He hasn't tried it again since he said he worked it out,but said he will be able to do it later on. Hope hes right :D

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 04:16 PM
You can BR after the first turn on the dip by nosing down and then nosing up if you time it right. Do that on an angle and hit the 3 speed pads, wow! I've only been able to do it once so far though.

I think I would have had it that time if I didn't miss the BR dropping off the narrow.

You can earn double kill in a race against the AI, did that one by accident with one Quake last night.

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 04:17 PM
Here's some tips on approaching the Zone trophies.

-)do your attempts on Anulpha Pass (forward) - clearly the easiest track at insane speeds
-)turn off the music! seroiusly, it makes racing at zones 40+ a lot easier! (i know that's not the way it was intended, but hey, TROPHIES! :P)
-)maybe the most valuable tip: concentrate solely on the lines on the track. on the higher speeds (supersonic, mach, etc.) the track is mostly dark and the walls are hard to make out. however, every track has glowing lines on the floor. just fix your eyes on those and you should be cruising!

I've made it up to 60 so far, but 75 now definitely feels do-able, although I'm not quite there yet. Also just got the Own the Zone - Bronze Trophy.

EDIT: @above post: really?! I tried a couple of times to do a BR there, but no luck so far. Didn't think of nosing down first, though! Okay now, with that additional boost, Zico's time seems quite beatable. Thanks for the tip!

Keenan
27th September 2008, 04:19 PM
I can't seem to do it at all. Theres just not enough time to get the button presses in http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3073/confusedmm3.gif

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 04:26 PM
I said it was pretty tough, I've only pulled it off once, but I am confident that it is a key to getting this trophy. Also, if you use the boost on the turn leading to the hop onto the narrow straight, you save a ton of time because of all the speed you lose making the turn.

@Elhabib--Good call on the music, I never thought about that, but I bet it would help my concentration, it gets way distraction on the high speeds. Subsonic made my eyes go all googly.

Colin Berry
27th September 2008, 04:35 PM
The Beat Zico trophy is one of the hardest if not the hardest, you need the right tactic and then execute it as perfectly as you can

And no

I'm not going to say who how where :D

But the Zico time is beatable by half a second.... (least thats what we've seen so far)

Keenan
27th September 2008, 04:49 PM
I'll will hunt you down if you don't tell me http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5377/ninja2fm3.gif

At least a clue would be great :D

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 05:00 PM
No way, what fun is it if you don't work it out? We know it's doable, so let's just go do it. The journey is the fun part, reaching the destination is just icing.

Ok, that's enough waxing philosohpic from me.

Anyone have tips for beating the Elite AI? I was doing fine, but seem to be stuck now on the harder tracks. Should I maybe drop down to skilled and practice some more, or are there any good tricks that seem to work well.

Sausehuhn
27th September 2008, 05:02 PM
For zone mode, I find it easier to race a perfect line when I'm concentrating on the the farther track sections. This really makes a difference for me.
Propably because you're focussed on what's next and you now can prepare for it.

Maybe that's what everyone's doing anyway, but I found myself not doing it everytime (so that I had to remind myself several times in a race to do it).

Keenan
27th September 2008, 05:07 PM
No way, what fun is it if you don't work it out? We know it's doable, so let's just go do it. The journey is the fun part, reaching the destination is just icing.

Ok, that's enough waxing philosohpic from me.

You'll be begging by tomorrow http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/3108/laughae0.gif

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 05:16 PM
I take it that 'no' from Colin is the answer to me being 99% sure that Zico used the line I described. Hm, interesting... must find new turbo point... ;)

Sausehuhn
27th September 2008, 05:45 PM
Without testing here are three more ideas I just had:
1. Do not use the turbo for an entire lap, then, just before you cross the finish line, use the turbo so you can take the speed for the next lap.
2. There are three speed pads in an ^-position once (on the huge turn, before the track splits), you can take two of them with a nice shift.
3. Try making a BR when you make the jump to the narrow track section by flying as much to the right side as possible to gain enough height.

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 05:49 PM
Can you do the BR without a turbo? This needs some experimentation me'thinks.

Maybe this should be renamed the Beat Zico thread as that is all we're talking about.

Keenan
27th September 2008, 05:57 PM
Well it's a Trophy help thread. No ones stopping you from asking another question, it's just that the discussion is around that just now.

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 06:15 PM
Yes, Max, of course you start the lap with a turbo just before the finish line - I took that as a given, sorry if some of you didn't know that one yet.
I've managed a 31.15 now, same strategy as described before. Max, you say you can pull off a BR on the split without boost?

Sausehuhn
27th September 2008, 06:24 PM
As I don't have the game and only played it once at a friend's house I only tried it with WOPure and, yes, I was able to do a BR when I jumped on the narrow track section when the track splits.
Of course that also needs an exact landing, because you will easily fall off the track.
Other things (that should be taken for granted anyway): Do use as less airbraking as possible, fly near to the track panels in curves, always try to not steer if not really needed.
You can also sideshift over the three speed pads at the first straight so you do not have to actually turn the craft or even use airbrakes.

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 06:31 PM
Looks like I have the added challenge of learning how to play in external view, I keep missing the narrow strip trying to BR on using internal, cause the whole screen flips.:dizzy

The Gracer
27th September 2008, 09:03 PM
32.16 is my best so far. Phew...its a tricky one!

taqili
27th September 2008, 09:17 PM
I can't do the flatland flier :( I know where I can do the BR, I just haven't figured out how to do that consistently like I did in Pulse days of yore.

Hellfire_WZ
27th September 2008, 10:03 PM
I'm on 31.90 for Beat Zico, and I'm tearing my hair out trying to think of a way to shave a whole second off my time...

stin
27th September 2008, 10:33 PM
I`m on 31.55 atm!! but I think I`m mis-calculated on where is the spot!!!:bomb

stevie:l

Hellfire_WZ
27th September 2008, 10:55 PM
Managed to lower it to 31.78, but really struggling now. At least I got the Lapped Out trophy and the first Piranha skin while doing it ;) Here's what I did:

1 - Boost over the line from previous lap
2 - Hit three speed pads on the curve
3 - Hit three speed pads in a line on the straight
4 - Boost over the peak and barrel roll, ideally landing on the speed pad in the narrow section.
5 - Follow the track round, hitting the lone speed pad on the apex of the right curve.
6 - Swing the craft into the sharp left, hitting two of the three speed pads
7 - Barrel roll onto the upper ramp (it is possible as Max said, but requires a precise approach)
8 - Hit all speed pads on the ramp
9 - Drop off of the ramp to the left when you see the last two speed pads. Barrel roll and land on them.

That got me a 31.78. How did your route differ Stevie?

Sausehuhn
27th September 2008, 11:35 PM
Are you sure it's worth the drop for the last two speed pads? I can imagine that there's no huge difference in just following the track and then making a BR on the finish line compared to do the drop, BR and hit the speed pads.

Because these speed pads would only compensate the "detour" you take when you leave the narrow track.

That, by the way, can really make faster times in general: You do not have to hit every speed pad possible on every track to get the best times.
At least that was the case for WOPure (though I do believe that speed pads in WOPulse and WOHD offer a greater boost). Sometimes the speed pads are at places that do not give you any advantage if you pass them.

Darkdrium777
28th September 2008, 01:21 AM
Deadly Momentum - You have to be eliminated by the AI. Taking Icaras on a Venom novice race and barrell rolling towards the wall under the second jump at Vineta K and again when it flies up in the air until you have 0 energy and then crashing in a wall doesn't work. (Of course I knew doing that wasn't going to work :P)

For 'Bling Brigade' we must make arrangements on when to host the race.

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 02:54 AM
if you sideshift off the high road instead of turning to jump off, you don't lose any time AND you hit 1 more speed pad than going straight down at the end.

haven't managed to execute a BR at the jump up without boost. Neither on the little wobble hill after the first turn.

blackwiggle
28th September 2008, 04:16 AM
RE: Trophy List.....there are 37 trophies listed on the head post.

1 more has been added since then,now there is 38.....have a look at trophies available when you play again......I'll let you guys pick it out.....It's a very hard one.:coffee:dizzy

TheFrostE
28th September 2008, 04:22 AM
hmm ive been doing all my zones on moa therma....never even thought of anulpha...guess im too used to pulse zone haha!

stin
28th September 2008, 09:00 AM
I`m exactly on that route where your lines are!! but a barrel roll on a ramp!:eek

Number 4, is depending where the spot is and try to keep a ship`s nose down much as possible (to keep it low as possible while flying after a turbo boost) which creates a great boost after landed on a speed pad.

I hope you understand this:redface:

stevie

EDIT, Sorry, I didn`t realise there was more post to come! That is for Hellfire (Charlie)

Wip3ou7
28th September 2008, 05:04 PM
Since we now have respawning in WOHD, maybe they should add this trophy;

Jesus - Get Eliminated 3 Times In 1 Race

lol =D

bakkufu
28th September 2008, 05:12 PM
I can't do the flatland flier :( I know where I can do the BR, I just haven't figured out how to do that consistently like I did in Pulse days of yore.

do a speed lap session and as you make the last left turn towards the finish line, use your speed boost and you should get anough air to barrell roll :)

captain howdy
28th September 2008, 05:14 PM
the "beat zico" trophy is ridiculously difficult. the least i could get was 32-something. but i haven't pulled off any of these tricks you guys are talking about (barrelling onto the upper platform, boosting+barrelling before getting to the platform).

Hellfire_WZ
28th September 2008, 05:42 PM
YES!!! 30.71!! :g:g:g

I'm gonna hold off posting the method until I get the okay as I don't want to spoil it for everyone, but I should thank a member of GameFAQs for providing the last piece of the puzzle ;)

Keenan
28th September 2008, 05:48 PM
PM Please :D Obviously once you've had time to sort out the explanation :p

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 05:51 PM
Wow, congrats Charlie! Don't you dare telling me how you pulled it off! :clap

Sumimasen
28th September 2008, 06:01 PM
I have managed to get a 32.20 so far. Pretty pleased with that (what with my 'dad' hands, and all!)

I reckon I have a way to get the trophy, but don't think I have the skill to pull it off. I'll keep trying though...

Here's my theory... Which may be old news, or a load of old poop...

Save a boost for the start of a new lap, then boost over the first pad. Hit the next three in the first turn, then set up to go diagonal over the three further on. This is all pretty straight forward, so I'll skip to the end... As you approach the raised track section, take the high line, then boost and barrel roll onto the track, hit 4 speed pads on this section, then drop off onto the main track on the left, barrel rolling. You should land and hit another speed pad when you land. Speed pads hit - 17, 2 x boost and 2 x barrel roll.

That's my theory. This is how I got my fastest lap, so I'm going to try to perfect it now.

Shame the online records system is a shoddy load of old shite, as these fast laps appear to be for nothing... :brickwall

Wip3ou7
28th September 2008, 06:03 PM
My time right now is 31.8x, grrrrr!

Cortez
28th September 2008, 06:23 PM
Going to have to give "Beat Zico" a go soon! Sounds like a right challenge!!

For anyone struggling with Flatland Flyer here is a video on one of the places to do it - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv4o6A8h7kc

Lance
28th September 2008, 06:57 PM
Note to all posters in this thread:
Please give a subject title to your posts that is the name of the trophy or trophy type that you're giving tips for or discussing. This would make it a lot easier for people to keep track of the ones they're trying to get at the time.

Rubix42
28th September 2008, 07:30 PM
Anyone have any tips for beating Elite on Phantom? I can handle Elite on Venom, Flash and Rapier no problem. Is it just sticking to a tight line the whole way?

Darkdrium777
28th September 2008, 07:40 PM
Ok guys seriously this is a bronze trophy. Need seven other players with unlocked skins (Not the default ones) to meet up with me at some time and do just one race. So come on, it isn't that hard.

Sumimasen
28th September 2008, 07:45 PM
I can be online in a minute, if you need another racer. As long as we race on venom or flash... :redface:

I'm just a bit pants today - been a stressful weekend, and as this will be my first online race, you'll need to go easy on me!

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 08:03 PM
Anyone have any tips for beating Elite on Phantom? I can handle Elite on Venom, Flash and Rapier no problem. Is it just sticking to a tight line the whole way?

Basically, yes. That, and luck with weapon pickups.

Roz
28th September 2008, 10:30 PM
Phew... 30.58 for Zico on lap 98! 2nd place in boards, Nº1 is a 30.57 :bomb

And it was not a perfect run, there was room for improvement! Yay!

Rapier Racer
28th September 2008, 10:36 PM

I'm finding it depends on the track, if you don't use pitch control properly on Chenghou for example they will beat your ass back to the stone age.

Darkdrium777
28th September 2008, 11:40 PM
Found the way to beat him, and I did (30.72). It's even a video. :O
Come on guys, search a little, and you'll find it. :)

taqili
29th September 2008, 12:14 AM
Ok guys seriously this is a bronze trophy. Need seven other players with unlocked skins (Not the default ones) to meet up with me at some time and do just one race. So come on, it isn't that hard.

we're already friends...I can do it with Icaras (only skin I have unlocked, Icaras loyal!) and will be on tonight whenever you want.

leungbok
29th September 2008, 12:15 AM
I will try that in a 99 fast lap mode and go at the end, with luck i'll have enough laps to beat zico & earn two trophies in a row :g

Roz
29th September 2008, 12:19 AM
That's exactly what I did leungbok, it's not that hard! Just need patience!

leungbok
29th September 2008, 12:27 AM
Sure roz, not the most fearing's trophies, to me ;) (the most boring, maybe :g)

SouthendRage
29th September 2008, 06:18 AM
Woo Hoo! I finally beat it! Just. 30.81, but I discovered by accident that it is possible to do 5 Barrel rolls in one lap. I got 30.81 by doing 4 BUT....I didn't manage to do the barrel onto the thin track!

I'll give you some help tho. I used motion control for pitch, to keep the nose pointing up. It is possible to do three barrel rolls after the first turn and over the hill. Then the last two on and off the thin track.

All you need to do to get the three rolls is keep that nose pointed up! Boost off the second small hill. Just hit the boosts on the track right and do the rolls as fast as you can.

Even if you knew the complete method you will still find it very hard.

It takes time to learn how to do the three rolls correctly.
EDIT: Just got 30.67 by doing 5 Rolls. Must be the way to do it then!
I hope the Leaderboards update soon.
By the way knowing the right way to do this will NOT make it any easier. It is still very hard to do and it will take you a while to do it.

RoguE
29th September 2008, 08:52 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone has gotten or know of anyone who has gotten the Zone Zues trophy yet. I got mine yesterday, but seeings how the leaderboards arent working right Im not even on there :brickwall

rushin
29th September 2008, 10:52 AM
re the 5 BR's to beat Zico..

I am not a big barrel roll hater, but it's stuff like this that makes me :( i think if you could exectute them only when you get big air then perfect, but when it becomes possible to get so technical and frantically do LRL's over every tiny jump then they lose their appeal and start to break the game.

Having on big jumps great, just adds excitement. having all over the place ruins the concept of racing. you dont need to race well to win, you need to perfectly line up a jump to just about manage a BR and forget about racing. dont like this.

Roz
29th September 2008, 10:57 AM
The only BR I think is quite desperate is the narrow path one. But that would risky to perform in races since it's kinda dangerous to do it. If you miss you go out of the track or you don't do it all and must regain control of the ship, so I think this BR is only really needed for this challenge. As for the others, the hill BR's seem perfectly natural for me, since I'm taking advantage of the boosts :)

EDIT: Just got 30.67 by doing 5 Rolls. Must be the way to do it then!

I did 30.58 with 4 BR's and 13 pads! Maybe that extra roll isn't that good?

eLhabib
29th September 2008, 11:19 AM
MEH! :( I was really hoping there would be a clever racing line involved, not ****ing BRs :-

Keenan
29th September 2008, 11:32 AM
re the 5 BR's to beat Zico..

I am not a big barrel roll hater, but it's stuff like this that makes me :( i think if you could exectute them only when you get big air then perfect, but when it becomes possible to get so technical and frantically do LRL's over every tiny jump then they lose their appeal and start to break the game.

Having on big jumps great, just adds excitement. having all over the place ruins the concept of racing. you dont need to race well to win, you need to perfectly line up a jump to just about manage a BR and forget about racing. dont like this.

QIA

I believe the challenge loses alot of it's appeal due to this :(

BaldyCurly
29th September 2008, 01:12 PM
All you need to do to get the three rolls is keep that nose pointed up! Boost off the second small hill. Just hit the boosts on the track right and do the rolls as fast as you can.

I am right in thinking you have to chain BR's together then, so left right left, then another left right left before you land = 2 BR boosts and so on??

Shame, I perfer racing to rolling but if is how it has to be then so be it.

Sausehuhn
29th September 2008, 01:23 PM
Well... actually... that are old news.
BRs distract from the racing. I have no problem to one once in a while, but TT is just no fun if you know you're good at racing and that it's just total irrelevant because there's always someone who will find this or that jump to execute a BR.

The worst thing about it is the fact that tracks itself are misused just to get another BR. I mean: the panels at Sol2 for example - they can be used as a ramp to do another BR, even though they're actually not made for it. And that's just one of dozens of track sections that can be used for BR. Track sections that were supposed to be track sections and not BR sections.

Darkdrium777
29th September 2008, 02:38 PM
So I guess the secret's out. Here's the video that shows where to do the barrell rolls. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTmo2EMWQ8)

taqili
29th September 2008, 03:07 PM
Regarding the 16 gold medal at phantom level trophy -- can I do them @ Elite difficulty in the final grid and the rest in Racebox to count, or do I have to do them all in Racebox?

SouthendRage
29th September 2008, 03:20 PM
See you guys are annoyed about the rolls. It is a bit of a shame yes. It still take some precision to do it right, like if you boost at the wrong time you go too high, don't land both rolls on the boosts, and you fail.

Anulpha pass isn't a very technical track, what did you expect?

By the way in that youtube vid, he only does two barrels after the first straight. You can do three, because if you keep the nose sticking up, boost at the second bump, you should go pretty far, land the first quite a bit before the boosts at the top of the hill (the boosts at 0.16 secs in the vid above) you should bounce and have enough time to do another barrel, land and bounce again and do another, then land on the boost in the narrow bit at bottom of the hill. That is THREE rolls! Also when you land a roll on a boost, you seem to go much faster.

Let me make myself clear: You can do 5 Barrel rolls in one lap

This is why you can beat the Zico time by half a second and get 30.32.
As long as you do the five rolls perfect, get the lines right, this should easily be possible.

With all these rolls: :dizzy :D

Oh yes, the reason why I only got 30.62 with 5 rolls, and some of you got faster with 4 rolls. Lets just say it wasn't as clean as it could have been >< But I think the reason the SL guys say they can beat it by half a second is because they have done a good 5 roll lap.

Darkdrium777
29th September 2008, 03:52 PM
Whats the point of doing five rolls anyways? With four you get rid of the most stupid trophy ever (Perfect racing line my ***, more like perfect roll line). Seriously, four rolls, yay :/ Five is just too much annoyance. With only four it is quite easy so five it just takes more practise for almost the same result, and when you've done two 99 laps sessions trying to beat the time, you don't want to do anymore, trust me.

SouthendRage
29th September 2008, 04:09 PM
I know, I done three full sessions before beating it ><.

I was just saying that if anyone wants to go purely for the WR, they might wanna do 5 rolls, since it must be a bit faster if you do it right.

May do it one day, but no more thumb cramps for me :P

eLhabib
29th September 2008, 05:57 PM
This is RIDICULOUS. I'm glad I got the Beat Zico Trophy now, and I am proud to have achieved this with only 2 (TWO) barrel rolls. Same line as I described in an earlier post, just perfected it (sideshift over the diagonal 3 speed pads, instead of turning, sideshifting into the apex of turns, finding exactly the right moment to turbo boost off the ramp, etc.)

This trophy has lost it's appeal completely to me, due to the fact that you can achieve it with a **** racing line, as long as you do 4 BRs.

Rob, I surrender. You were right all the way. BRs are destroying the game (in parts). :( Guess I will only be competitive in the long run on tracks that don't allow stupid BR exploits, since I still can't consistently pull them off...

Rubix42
29th September 2008, 06:01 PM
I may never achieve the Beat Zico trophy. Playing with the internal cam makes doing too many BR's stupidly hard.:bomb

Congrats to those who pulled it off.

Colin Berry
29th September 2008, 06:13 PM
Oh yes, the reason why I only got 30.62 with 5 rolls, and some of you got faster with 4 rolls. Lets just say it wasn't as clean as it could have been >< But I think the reason the SL guys say they can beat it by half a second is because they have done a good 5 roll lap.

Actually the time was set with 3, and beaten (by us) by half a second using 3BRs, not 4 or 5.

I do think it raises an idea though of some challenges for future that require a time to be beaten without BRs, which I'll mention to those still working on things
Perhaps in future we could see some BR challenges and some none BR ones, though I cant promise anything

Roz
29th September 2008, 06:13 PM
This trophy has lost it's appeal completely to me, due to the fact that you can achieve it with a **** racing line, as long as you do 4 BRs.

**** racing line? Hardly. Even with 4 BR's if you don't get the trajectories right, you won't get the trophy. Sure, it may not be the PERFECT racing line but you can't zig-zag all the way and win with just BR's.

It must be good a combination of all techniques.

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 06:25 PM
I may never achieve the Beat Zico trophy. Playing with the internal cam makes doing too many BR's stupidly hard.:bomb

It sounds as if you don't want to part, even temporarily, with the "stupidly hard." Set your view to external and give it another go.

- F

Then, to be frank, one could suppose the record was **** to begin with, because barrel rolls and ideal racing lines aren't necesarily mutually exclusive. In fact, true world record times cannot be achieved without a combination of both. Case in point, I challenge anyone to score a lap below 17.50 on Metropia White (Phantom, Pulse) with anything but razor sharp, wall-fornicating lines, and with the three barrel rolls and one boost needed to do it.

Having said that, one could imagine Zico's record being beaten by more than the average half second everyone is creaming it by -- perhaps a lot more if lines are run as optimally as possible.

Rob, I surrender. You were right all the way. BRs are destroying the game (in parts). :( Guess I will only be competitive in the long run on tracks that don't allow stupid BR exploits, since I still can't consistently pull them off...

If we took a quick poll of those that share this point of view, in your estimation, what percentage of people who could consistently pull them off would agree with you? What's clear is that there's a clear correlation between those that don't mind them and their ability to execute them consistently and repeatedly, vice versa. And I imagine it's those that can't consistently pull them off who are driving the changes to the barrel roll system, starting with the Pure-esque re-nerfing of them in HD.

- F

eLhabib
29th September 2008, 08:12 PM
That's simply not true, sorry. If you need proof that the Zico time is possible with a **** racing line and 4 BRs, go check youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTmo2EMWQ8). He even scraped a wall... tssshhh :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just realised that in this video, he does not actually beat the time, just show how to do it. Still, if you do 4 BRs, there's enough leeway for even missing a speed pad.

SouthendRage
29th September 2008, 08:48 PM
Hell! You SL guys done that time with 3 rolls? How is that possible. Oh well good for you, I can't imagine how perfect that lap must have been! :O

Roz
29th September 2008, 08:52 PM
So I guess a **** racing line for you is everything NOT perfect? My racing line was not perfect but I sure as hell tried it to be.

And it's not like Zico's times is the uber time or any world record to praise on. From what I can tell it was meant to be a difficult trophy not impossible.

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 08:57 PM
If you need proof that the Zico time is possible with a **** racing line and 4 BRs, go check..

I've seen the video, and we can conclude the trophy was a benchmark meant to be fast and tough to achieve, but clearly not set to the level of perfection we're accustomed to. That said, why not claim the mantle of perfection for yourself? Wring out the lap, set an uncatchably fast time and go down in HD history. Do it with a Piranha too, land all five barrel rolls and tie your lines so tight that they threaten to cut off anyone's circulation -- then everyone will be wanting to "beat Elhabib" instead. :)

- F

eLhabib
29th September 2008, 09:00 PM
@SouthendRage: If you had read my post thoroughly, you would have learned that I did it with TWO. 30.70 to be precise.
@Jack: maybe in the future, yes, but right now I can't be bothered with trying 5 BRs per lap. It just ain't fun... (and I ain't that great of a TT pilot anyway, more the multiplayer type ;))

EDIT: and if you need to 'beat eLhabib', come over to my house in Vienna, that's the easiest way to do it :P
...alright enough of the smacktalk :paperbag

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 09:02 PM
Well okay, but Zico is now an afterthought. Plenty have defeated him with their chosen number of barrel rolls, so whoever holds the bottom line fastest time is now king of the hill, so that's the man to beat.

Can't wait to get HD installed on my PS3 to see what this Zico thing is all about.

- F

TearsToShreds
29th September 2008, 10:13 PM
This is RIDICULOUS. I'm glad I got the Beat Zico Trophy now, and I am proud to have achieved this with only 2 (TWO) barrel rolls. Same line as I described in an earlier post, just perfected it (sideshift over the diagonal 3 speed pads, instead of turning, sideshifting into the apex of turns, finding exactly the right moment to turbo boost off the ramp, etc.)

I must say I unfortunately agree. :( I was having a lot of fun today doing speedlaps on Moa Therma (Phantom), which I thought was one of the only tracks without BR's. I kept perfecting my racing line and beating my own records, and then I discovered the BR at the end of the track (and got a trophy for it! :o). Fun was immediately gone.

That said, I haven't beaten the Zico challenge yet. I got a lap time of about 31.70 using two BR's (the only pretty obvious ones). I might try turboing in the section after the first turn (where the 3 speedpads are) to get 3 and beat the time like that, soon, though.

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 10:17 PM
I discovered the BR at the end of the (Moa Therma) track (and got a trophy for it! :o). Fun was immediately gone.

Now we're reaching about these barrel rolls.

You completed an objective, Flatland Flyer to be precise, and won a trophy for it. Was that not fun?

- F

TearsToShreds
29th September 2008, 10:22 PM
I was just disappointed that after all that practice I could easily break my old record by doing that barrel roll, there. It just takes the challenge away for me. :)

RoguE
29th September 2008, 11:46 PM
I guess Im the only one here that plays zones. :rolleyes:

conrad
30th September 2008, 12:03 AM
All this barrel roll hating just baffles me; I find them great fun and adds an extra layer of handling and technical skill.

Claiming that barrel rolls are killing the game and compromising its realism is absurd; it is afterall an arcade racing game based on floaty ships in the future. All the tracks are from pure and pulse and where designed with barrel roll opportunities in mind and they are an integral part of modern wipeout gameplay.

Above all it makes excellent trophies such as beat zico possible, which not only requires the player to devise a strategy but also requires skill to follow it through and beat the challenge making it one of the better trophies/achievements out there!

Wip3ou7
30th September 2008, 12:30 AM
for the life of me i cant pull off that BR from the ramp to the highway... not enough air and not enough time, and if i take it from as far right as possible then i never land on the highway! it takes me way too long to do a BR to get one in that little gap.

EDIT: Dammit! For the life of me I can't seem to do this! My time now is 31.24 and it's driving me nuts! I save the turbo from the previous lap, use it right before the start line, hit all the arrows on the left hand bank, go over the hump and boost+BR, land and go up the big hill and BR, and then take all the following corners as straight as possible, hit TWO arrows on the left turn before the jump, jump to the highway (and even finally pulled off that BR) then hit all the arrows, drop off the left and BR+boostpad, and STILL 0.42 off... wtfz.

zerojay
30th September 2008, 03:25 AM
All this barrel roll hating just baffles me; I find them great fun and adds an extra layer of handling and technical skill.

Claiming that barrel rolls are killing the game and compromising its realism is absurd; it is afterall an arcade racing game based on floaty ships in the future. All the tracks are from pure and pulse and where designed with barrel roll opportunities in mind and they are an integral part of modern wipeout gameplay.

Above all it makes excellent trophies such as beat zico possible, which not only requires the player to devise a strategy but also requires skill to follow it through and beat the challenge making it one of the better trophies/achievements out there!

The problem is that after three games with barrel rolls, it's still almost impossible to pull them off at will.

Darkdrium777
30th September 2008, 04:00 AM
They are much easier to do in HD than in Pure or Pulse, but still, sometimes, they don't work. :-

Anyways, there's a barrel roll thread somewhere.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:A1DE7kEHJ8mgcM:http://www.victorystore.com/signs/osha/photoluminescent/images/photoluminescent_exit_sign.jpg

SouthendRage
30th September 2008, 06:58 AM
I find it weird how you guys talk about 'Pefect racing lines' And 'no BR's' The thing is, if you combine Perfect Racing Lines, and BR's it takes MORE skill and MORE precision if you do it all perfect, anyways BR's are a part of the game, and if you don't like it go play A PS1 Wipeout........

BaldyCurly
30th September 2008, 08:40 AM
I have got down to 31.73 with just two BR's. I guess I am too old for 3+ BR's these's days, been wiping out since the very first version back in the day when I was clubing every weekend and then caning wipeout until the sun came up. I have caned all versions with many freinds on here ever since.

I can't get the air to get the BR's in past that first corner but then I still play "tap tap" with the d-pad cos I am old school/stuck in my ways I guess.

I am sure I can do this(nico) time with only 2 BR's so thats what I am going to stick too.

I am not saying BR's are bad, just that for me they don't sit well as I am more used to out and out fast lines without trying to squeeze in these left right left actions every couple of seconds thats all.

Roz
30th September 2008, 11:25 AM
EDIT: Dammit! For the life of me I can't seem to do this! My time now is 31.24 and it's driving me nuts! I save the turbo from the previous lap, use it right before the start line, hit all the arrows on the left hand bank, go over the hump and boost+BR, land and go up the big hill and BR, and then take all the following corners as straight as possible, hit TWO arrows on the left turn before the jump, jump to the highway (and even finally pulled off that BR) then hit all the arrows, drop off the left and BR+boostpad, and STILL 0.42 off... wtfz.

That's odd. I did exactly the same thing and ended up with 30.58. When doing the second BR, try to nail the pad before the straight narrow one. It's a pad that near another pad in the downhill. I don't now if that's necessary but it'll help I think, although it's pretty hard to actually time the boost and BR's and land straight on top of it.

Anyway, I would say to improve your racing line but the majority of people here in WZ are quite experienced and don't need trajectory tips, so, keep trying and GL =)

It just seems that even with 4 BR's you can't beat the record. Bad racing line or not... :cowboy

conrad
30th September 2008, 12:37 PM
Barrel rolls aren't the only factor; you need to make good use of the sideshifting to shave more time off your lap

TenzyXIII
30th September 2008, 12:41 PM
Being to lazy to go back through the whole thread, how on earth are people catching 4 or 5 BR's?

eLhabib
30th September 2008, 12:49 PM
You're gonna have to read the thread, I'm afraid :P

Axel
30th September 2008, 01:09 PM
LOL I was gonna say the same thing. I tell you one thing, it's a good thing i'm not bothered about the trophies. Sounds like people are having headache fun lol. I'll probably get serious with the trophies a month down the line.

Keenan
30th September 2008, 05:22 PM
When I get home, I'll update the first post with the numerous techniques posted :)

Glaciuscreations
30th September 2008, 08:30 PM
hey fellas, here it is the VIDEO that shows how to beat him :D

ENJOY

CLICK " WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY" to see it better

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O877da7BrTs&fmt=18

glac

cheers

Flashback Jack
30th September 2008, 08:47 PM
Nice run, though I think you killed off the effect of the initial boost by crossing the first speed pad. You likely could have gone faster if you avoided it altogether.

- F

Glaciuscreations
30th September 2008, 08:48 PM
yeah i know, i did thought about that to , thats why im gonna do a better run this weekend ;)

cheers

Nunalho
30th September 2008, 09:33 PM
Well, first of all this is my first post in these forums.

I ve been a Wipeout fan since the first one came out, and its still my favorite racing game of all time.

I ve been trying to do all the trophies but some of them seem really hard, one of them WAS zico, yeah i did it today with 30.73...took me days to do it but i finnaly got that guys mug (chinese it seems) on my trophy list!

Shozovulnai
30th September 2008, 11:30 PM
Zico trophy's been bugging me for a while now and the best I've gotten is 31.16 which should be maybe one BR away from the ever-elusive 30.82. I just can't perform BR fast and precise enough in that shortcut entrance... Oh well, gotta just get it when I nail the rest well enough. I hate the very first curve, getting all pads with a superb turning is annoying and I wonder if airbrake use is precise enough. And that 3-in-a-row BR stuff is near impossible to pull off. Sigh, I'm gonna get the trophy somehow...

Glaciuscreations
30th September 2008, 11:54 PM
try this ;)

ENJOY

glac

Nunalho
1st October 2008, 02:03 AM
Airbraker - Silver Trophy - Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be turned off.

Did anyone get this one yet? I dont get it, how can one get to Zone 50 with no D-pad and only brakes...?

Darkdrium777
1st October 2008, 02:56 AM
I got it. Took me some time, I got frustrated some times (Because of me being stupid and crashing in the wall hard on a perfectly straight line), but it's possible. The airbrakes' effect on steering increases as the speed goes up. ;)
Do it on Anulpha, it's much easier than other tracks.
Now I have to get Zone 75. :O

blackwiggle
1st October 2008, 04:00 AM
Tournament Ace trophy Tip.
This is for newbies,so please don't flame me.

This is a tip so you can get this one out of the way really quickly, and then get on with the much hard parts of the game.....WO Purists look away.

Go into Racebox.
1]Select Tournament
2]Select AI at Skilled.
3]Select weapons off.
4]Select Vineta K...for all 8 of of the tournament races.
5]Select Venom speed.,why do 8 more laps than you need to by choosing Flash.

Then all you have to do is keep getting perfect laps and coming first for all 8 races.
It's so simple on Vineta K....even a Nascar driver could do it.

SouthendRage
1st October 2008, 05:17 AM
try this ;)

ENJOY

glac

Thats exactly what I did! Except I was faster :P 5 Rolls, count 'em :+

captain howdy
1st October 2008, 07:08 AM
i'm only .06 seconds away from beating zico

this is driving me insane

Nunalho
1st October 2008, 11:55 AM
I got it. Took me some time, I got frustrated some times (Because of me being stupid and crashing in the wall hard on a perfectly straight line), but it's possible. The airbrakes' effect on steering increases as the speed goes up. ;)
Do it on Anulpha, it's much easier than other tracks.
Now I have to get Zone 75. :O

I ll try mate, its just that without the D pad the ship doesnt seem to turn those sharp turns...glad anulpha pass dont have them :brickwall

eLhabib
1st October 2008, 01:07 PM
I frickin' died 4 times in a row on Zone 49, using airbrakes only! :bomb
I always get too nervous when the track goes dark on subsonic...

Rubix42
1st October 2008, 01:16 PM
I reached zone 47 last night.

What worked great for me was turning the airbrake sensitivity all the way up, so when you get to higher speeds, a tap is just a slight adjustment of the line. I'll have this one soon.

Cygnuz
1st October 2008, 02:21 PM
I frickin' died 4 times in a row on Zone 49, using airbrakes only! :bomb
I always get too nervous when the track goes dark on subsonic...

Ouch that sucks, im gonna try to get this achievement later today, are you doing it in Anulpha Pass?

eLhabib
1st October 2008, 02:27 PM
Yes. Definitely the easiest track to do it.

sw1tch
1st October 2008, 02:29 PM
finally got zico trophy, almost had the 50 zone one but died at 47 ;(.
Anyone got the arcade perfect? I always fail miserably at chenghou project/sebenco climb..god I hate those race at elite difficulty.

eLhabib
1st October 2008, 02:34 PM
I got Arcade Perfect, it was a real chore to get. As you said, Chenghou (reverse) and Sebenco (both ways) were really tough. Just try to perfect your racing line and pray for the right weapon pickups ;)

Nunalho
1st October 2008, 05:23 PM
YES! I finnaly got both Airbraker and Own the ZOne! Really hard man...i cant believe i actually did it, those damn nerves were making me crazy.

I wonder if i will ever get to Zone 75 though.

What´s the best ship to race against ELITE/Phantom?

Hellfire_WZ
1st October 2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, Zone Zeus is the last real clincher for me too. My highest is Zone 62

Got Arcade Perfect last night, Sebenco Reverse was the last one for me. Nightmare of a track. Currently on the last grid for Elite Campaign Legend too :)

The most reliable craft for Elite/Phantom would be anything with good handling and high thrust. I used Mirage for the Arcade Perfect, but something like AG-Systems, Assegai or Harimau are equally good.

Nunalho
1st October 2008, 06:25 PM
Tks for the advice :+

Shozovulnai
1st October 2008, 06:47 PM
Oh the irony, my Zico time is now 30.89 but the interesting fact is that I got it without the shortcut entrance barrel roll. So, three barrel rolls was needed for that and now I just gotta shave those pesky .07 seconds away with slightly better turns and maybe the turbo-BR-hill-BR combo could use some improvement too. But I give up with the shortcut entrance barrel roll, such a chore to try to pull it off and utterly fail 19 times out of 20. This trophy is addictive in a way more sick and violent than I could even describe. But I'm gonna nail it! So close!

Darkdrium777
1st October 2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, the 'Super Zen' color scheme of Anulpha Pass is quite annoying. It was hard for me too to concentrate. But once you reach 'Supersonic' everything is better because you can see the walls again.

Hellfire_WZ
1st October 2008, 09:28 PM
I find Super Zen quite manageable, it's Mach 1 that screws me over! Hit Zone 66 tonight so slowly creeping towards that Zone Zeus trophy :)

TearsToShreds
1st October 2008, 10:13 PM
Argh! Got to zone 69 tonight on Anulpha Pass and had quite some shield left but then I ****ed up on the bridge, fell down and boom. :(

Keenan
1st October 2008, 10:59 PM
So close but....

http://wwefan.biz/forum/image.php?u=22&dateline=1220891959

But seriously, I haven't even broke 50 yet (Been concentrating on Own the Zone, just finally got it) I'd be gutted if I got that close http://images.pesfan.com/smilies/sad.gif Hopefully you'll do it tomorrow http://images.pesfan.com/smilies/cool.gif

PFC_Piranha
1st October 2008, 11:21 PM
WTF. The Airbreaker trophy, I've reached zone 50+ numerous times and it still hasn't given me it.

Motion sensor is turned off on both pads :brickwall

Has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers :+

T_Scarface_M
1st October 2008, 11:28 PM
Check your analogs and make sure there both straight. Im attempting that just now my best is 48 im getting close. :D

Argh! Got to zone 69 tonight on Anulpha Pass and had quite some shield left but then I ****ed up on the bridge, fell down and boom. :(

Unlucky m8, I have only started concentrating on zone tonight and got 56 second attempt. :D

PFC_Piranha
1st October 2008, 11:43 PM
Aye? Surely if motion sensor is off and you reach zone 50 it would unlock.

In the controls mo sen is off. Do I need to adjust the setings below aswell?

I got to zone 58 on anulpha pass (130064) blew up, sat there on the verge of having a seizure. Waited for the trophy to pop up.. waited some more.. and more.. nothing?!?!

I want my trophy! :D

T_Scarface_M
1st October 2008, 11:49 PM
ur analog is the only thing I can think of. Unlucky is all I can say. :?

oggob
1st October 2008, 11:54 PM
Just to make sure he does understand it completely...

@ PFC_Piranha - You can't use the Analogue Stick at all... so if your Analogue is off centre, then it could be registering this as a turn...

Turn via Airbreaks ONLY...

PFC_Piranha
2nd October 2008, 12:02 AM
WOW..

My bad. I've been reading the description wrong. To much smoke :dizzy

Jesus! So you can only use the airbrakes/sideshift? You can't steer your ship at all!? This is gonna be a nightmare :bomb

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

oggob
2nd October 2008, 12:05 AM
No problem... :D

T_Scarface_M
2nd October 2008, 12:07 AM
WOW..

My bad. I've been reading the description wrong. To much smoke :dizzy

Jesus! So you can only use the airbrakes/sideshift? You can't steer your ship at all!? This is gonna be a nightmare :bomb

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

LMFAO, I cant believe this. Gd luck. :+ I just crashed on 49 AAAAAAARGH! :bomb

--------

Just broke 50 there. Thank god im so happy.

captain howdy
2nd October 2008, 03:58 AM
Okay, I've gotten 30.86 on Beat Zico twice now.

It's the barrel roll to the bridge that keeps messing me up. I either end up rolling too late or not rolling at all. The analog stick input seems really fussy as to whether it'll pull off a roll or not. I'm hearing from a few sources that the D-pad works better, but I've tried it a couple of times and I'm just not used to it at all.

Either way, I've spent something like 6 hours on this by now and I'm about ready to lose my ****.

EDIT: after another 30-60 minutes of trying to accomplish this, i made 30.82 exactly. luckily, the trophy criteria is "equal or beat the lap time 30.82 seconds", so it gave me the trophy. so i didn't beat zico, but i tied him.

christ, i never want to play anulpha pass again.

Rubix42
2nd October 2008, 06:13 AM
Took down Zico tonight, and the BR onto the pass that everyone talks about is not necessary. Probably would have been easier, but not necessary. Just hold a tight clean line.

Also knocked out Airbraker. Tried playing zone afterwards and it felt weird steering. Did it on Anulpha pass, as I'm sure most people will.

captain howdy
2nd October 2008, 11:40 AM
I just crashed on 49 AAAAAAARGH! :bomb
This just happened to me as well.

TearsToShreds
2nd October 2008, 01:18 PM
Zone 72... arg so close!!! My head is spinning.

T_Scarface_M
2nd October 2008, 01:25 PM
Well done m8, im sure you will get it soon enough. :D

Rubix42
2nd October 2008, 01:55 PM
@The Muse

I can't seem to crack 60 so far, any pointers to avoid ping ponging like crazy once you hit subsonic, or is it just a matter of practice?

T_Scarface_M
2nd October 2008, 02:02 PM
practice m8, It makes you a lot better on zone and as u get higher you when to take the turns as it gets faster.

TearsToShreds
2nd October 2008, 02:38 PM
Yes, it's all about practice, really. Once you make a mistake it's really hard not to start ping-ponging, so practice until you can still do PL's at sub-sonic. My biggest problem is falling off the bridge. :p

T_Scarface_M
2nd October 2008, 02:45 PM
I hate that, lol. I find that when you reach subsonic you will hit the big thing hanging down at the end of the overpass. I just fall off it before I get to the end.

TearsToShreds
2nd October 2008, 02:47 PM
Keep that nose down.;)

T_Scarface_M
2nd October 2008, 02:49 PM
I will, you broke 72 yet m8? :dizzy

TearsToShreds
2nd October 2008, 03:24 PM
YES, Zone 76!!!!! Got so excited that I screwed up straight away. Phew.

T_Scarface_M
2nd October 2008, 03:27 PM
wow, well done mate. Big Congratulations. :cowboy:+:eek:D

eLhabib
2nd October 2008, 05:02 PM
Hot damn, I finally got the Airbraker Trophy - crashed as soon as I saw the Trophy Message :D I don't know, I get really nervous once my shield drops under 40%, and then I just mess up. Zone Zeus is still a loooong way off for me, I'm just pinballing after the first bend on everything above 60...

PFC_Piranha
2nd October 2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats m8. I tried last night (the proper way lol) and got to zone 38 :?

I think it's going to take a while....

bakkufu
2nd October 2008, 09:40 PM
Thats exactly what I did! Except I was faster :P 5 Rolls, count 'em :+

I can't seem to get the roll onto the shortcut right, I either miss the side of the track ( lets face it, LRL or RLR while trying to hit a thin strip of track is always going to be like having the off button for your computer at the bottom of the toaster ) or i get the energy deducted, but no roll :(

eLhabib
2nd October 2008, 10:02 PM
Same here. I wish I could do the BR by pressing the left and right airbrakes in sequence - that would also cancel out the stupid occasions where I just wanna correct my line of flight a little, and all of a sudden I pop out a BR when I don't want to. :(

Rubix42
2nd October 2008, 10:38 PM
The way I got it that finally worked consistently for me was to go from the inside bottom of the corner to the very furthest right of the track, almost touching.

Nose up just before you launch for hang time and squeek the BR quickly.

I am so happy I finished that and don't have to deal with it anymore. I am not a fan of Venom.

trk_rkd
3rd October 2008, 11:42 AM
This was asked earlier by someone else but not answered... Do the elite golds accumulated in the race campaign go towards the total required for the arcade perfect trophy? I got elite gold race campaign last night and i'm doing the reverse tracks in racebox now, it doesn't really indicate in the racebox screen whether or not the golds from campaign count or not. it has your best time but that's it. it doesn't even mention that you came first in the campaign, a bit annoying.

(OT: this is only my second post here, i'm new... nice to meet you all)

eLhabib
3rd October 2008, 01:19 PM
Campaign golds do NOT count towards Arcade Perfect. As the Trophy name suggests, you have to do them all in Arcade (read: Racebox) mode.

trk_rkd
3rd October 2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks elhabib... what does that name mean anyway? is it like habibi, darling?

On a related note: DAMN the reverse courses are difficult. I got through the last racebox no probs and was expecting to knock off all eight reverse tracks tonight, only got halfway through though. Anulpha pass was brutal, pitch had to be *perfect* going round those hairpins, pretty tricky with half the world shooting at you. Respect to those that have polished all eight off already.

Shozovulnai
4th October 2008, 12:12 AM
Yesss, finally whooped the floor with Zico's time after hours of practicing, swearing and practicing swearing. It was tedious to get 30.85 with that narrow gap but ultimately I got 30.67 with only three BRs (two at the bump-turbo-jump-crash-momentumjump section and the last when jumping off the shortcut onto a speed pad). Now I'm really relieved, it had bugged me for days no.

trk_rkd
4th October 2008, 06:02 AM
Great to hear you did it without the jump onto the bridge. I sort of wonder how much you gain from that br... You have to move up to the very top (right) of the course, which even if you do with sideshifting so as not to lose forward momentum still takes you far off the ideal non-br racing line. then to actually do the br you have to direct your momentum skywards and to the right... by the time you land it you've spent a good third of a second just preparing for it and pulling it off. by staying near the bottom (left) of the course as you approach the jump and then just sideshifting up to the right at the last moment so that you just land on the lip of the bridge you can race a much much nicer line. I've yet to seriously sit down and do ziko's but i've had a few trial runs. i've pulled off all the requisite jumps but stringing them together in a single perfect run looks tough indeed.

Hellfire_WZ
4th October 2008, 08:43 PM
Oh for CRYING out loud!

THREE times now I've come within a couple of zones of getting Zone Zeus. And I know exactly the reason why I've been robbed each time. Because at some point during the run, while I've been trying to make quick adjustments in the air to stop me twatting a wall... the ****ing thing barrel rolls and robs me of 15 valuable energy! It's gotten to the point where I'm so close to the trophy that I know if that hadn't happened I would definitely have got there!

Sorry, but why the hell have barrel rolls not been disabled in Zone mode when they have absolutely no purpose?:evil

mdhay
4th October 2008, 08:56 PM
Charlie, I feel your pain.;(:?

Hellfire_WZ
4th October 2008, 09:05 PM
Never mind, just got it :)

Only two left!

mdhay
4th October 2008, 09:14 PM
I've got 18 or 19 trophies, still can't get the motion, Zone or the Zico trophy.:(

Sausehuhn
4th October 2008, 10:22 PM
Charlie, nontheless the left-righ-left/right-left-right=BR-thing is a pain in the arse for everyone who wants to correct his racing line very fast.

TheFrostE
4th October 2008, 10:30 PM
i grabbed zone zeus today as well hellfire! i got some sick screenies of it too...once i get my flash drive ill upload them so you can see...unfortunately it was in a qirex and not feisar...due to working on the livery liberation trophy at the same time :p

BaldyCurly
4th October 2008, 11:32 PM
I've got 18 or 19 trophies, still can't get the motion, Zone or the Zico trophy.:(

I pretty much blagged the motion using airbrakes only on a slow race.

Hopewell
5th October 2008, 10:54 AM
Just managed to get the Zico tropy, so I can resume trying anything else :D

30.67 =D

Gavin_
5th October 2008, 11:10 AM
The 50 online kills will be the hardest trophy for me. Most of the time I'm in front of the pack (I won't slow down, it's WipEout!) and item absorption is managed way better online than AI does.

Rubix42
5th October 2008, 01:38 PM
I was thinking about the 50 online kills trophy. Seems like if you really want it, jumping into a race and intentionally going after people is the only way to make it happen.

At the same time, I don't really want to discourage new players of the game by intentionally hunting them down. Seems a bit of a dilemma.

eLhabib
5th October 2008, 02:12 PM
I don't see what the trouble with this trophy is, it's not like you really have to concentrate to make it happen - I just continue playing normally, and the trophy will come eventually. At the current rate I get about 2-3 eliminations a day, so it won't be too long. Easy going, really.

Gavin_
5th October 2008, 02:43 PM
I have only made one kill since the release (and i'm actually not sure about that either). So it will take me a year or so to reach 50. :D

blackwiggle
6th October 2008, 05:55 AM
Well I got 100,000 loyalty points for one craft,and,it did not open up all the other skins for the other craft as has been reported in other threads.

So here's a tip on how to get the Livery Liberation Trophy which requires all skins for all craft to be opened,you can do this while doing something else, and it saves you countless hours of playing with craft that are not ones you would normally use.

1]Select Racebox
2]Select Speed Lap
3]Select Phantom Speed
4]Select Vineta K as your track
5]Select Pilot Assist ON
6]Select which craft you need the loyalty points for.

Start the race and tape down the X button,the craft will fly around the track by itself,it usually takes around 44-45 minutes for it to do the 99 laps and you have to let it finish the whole 99,otherwise you don't get the around 3000 points each time you do this.

You would probably have to do this at least twice for each craft to have sufficient points to open up both of the available the skins that can be acquired solely with Loyalty points,the last skin for all craft [the chrome one]is only gotten by getting at least one medal in all cells of all grids.

Then the Livery Liberation Trophy is yours.

eLhabib
6th October 2008, 07:22 AM
This is not how we do things. :(

I've been working on the livery liberation trophy for the last few days (means actually racing with each ship, online), and while I initially felt it was a chore to have to race with every ship for about 30 races, with time I really appreciated this trophy for what it is. It really makes you get familiar with every ship, learn the subtle differences in handling, the advantages and disadvantages of each craft. I highly recommend you do this trophy the way it was meant - not because I consider your way cheating (which I do, btw), but because you might learn a lot about the game this way, and might even have a new favorite ship when you're through.

Speaking of: why isn't Harimau unlocked right from the beginning? It's really THE surpreme ship when it comes to handling, hence very beginner-friendly.

leungbok
6th October 2008, 07:36 AM
An other way to get loyalty points with the ships you don't generally use, is to select those ships for the zone contests. Zone ships have all the same handling.

blackwiggle
6th October 2008, 07:55 AM
While I see, and actually agree with you, about it being better to get this trophy the way it was intended.

This is the 8th WO game I've played,so craft familiarity is not something I'm left wanting in.

I have,already,tried all the different craft in HD and have not found them differing in handling by any great amount from the last 3 WO's...with maybe the possible exception of Qirex.

The Livery Liberation Tip....or Easy Loyalty points tip,whichever way you want to call it,has only been shared for those who find that it's a chore to unlock those skins.

eLhabib
6th October 2008, 08:55 AM
Your post shows clearly that you haven't really tested out the different crafts yet. I've played nearly all the previous wipEouts, and still I learned lots of new character traits about each ship in HD. I can only recommend it.

And don't get me wrong, if you wanna get the trophy by taping down X and using PA for 99 laps (which actually takes longer, in play time), I'm absolutely fine with you doing that - I just wanted to point out it might be well worth taking the time doing it for real :)

Rubix42
6th October 2008, 01:13 PM
I'm with el on this one. Racing the ships themselves is really a great idea. I never would have tried out Mirage if it wasn't for this trophy, but it quickly became my favorite ship because of it!

blackwiggle
6th October 2008, 01:27 PM
Well my whole way of looking at the WO trophies in general is to get the niggly little ones that are of no real consequence [requiring skill] out of the way.

The main goal is to get the Transcendence Trophy,meaning ,as you know getting all of the trophies in the game.

Presumably for future added content,I counted the amount of vacant cells spread over the 8 grids,there are 129 of them.

If when added content [tracks/craft] becomes available I can see this raising the difficulty of achieving the Transcendence trophy quite a bit,so you would want to get this niggly little one out of the way ASAP.
That leaves you to concentrate on getting both the Campaign Legend and Elite Campaign Legend,and ultimately the Transcendence before the goal posts have been moved,so to speak.

Avenger2197
6th October 2008, 02:56 PM
I am also going to have to agree with El and Rubix on this one. Using all of the ships has opened my eyes to seeing that my favorites were not what i was expecting them to be. I've found new love for EG-X that was absent in pulse. The same could be said for a lot of members here I'm sure. To each their own sure, but in my eyes I can now better judge which ship I should use for which course and can give reasons why.

BTW, thanks to Rubix for bearing with me on that Endurance trophy. :)

Edit: I'm not certain, but I think the trophies are kind of set in stone. If a new trophy is added I think said trophie(s) will be inconsequential to getting the Trancendence trophy.

Rubix42
6th October 2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome, too bad everyone else in the game dropped by the 8th race. Seems like people don't want to get beat by 10+seconds every race for some reason.

Back on topic.

Gotta say that the Elite gold medals are proving to be a big time challenge. And I agree with many who say that it is pretty luck based. Sometimes I start and get hit by 3 weapons in 3 turns, other times I go the whole race without anything being fired at me.

trk_rkd
6th October 2008, 07:05 PM
Hi guys,

I'm having some serious trouble with the zone zeus trophy. I got the airbreaker trophy real easy but now im stuck on this one. i seem to do fine up until zone 50ish and then just lose it almost immediately. What's worse is that despite a whole evening of practice I haven't really made the slightest bit of progress, i'm really stuck.

The people who've completed this trophy:
*did you use dpad or analogue stick?
*motion for pitch perhaps?
*R1 & L1 or R2 & L2 for airbreaks?
*What sensitivity did you have the airb's set to?
*Internal, close or far view?
*assuming you're racing anulpha (fair assumption!), do you always try to take the shortcut bridge?

And yes, I've got the music off :)

Thankyou all for help, very kind of you.

eLhabib
6th October 2008, 07:45 PM
Same here, I'm cruising above 90% up to zone 60, but then it all goes wrong. I get really stressed once I have the first couple of hard hits, and when the shield drops below 40, I just mess up frightened!

Carlos
6th October 2008, 07:46 PM
How long does it take for your trophies to propagate into the PSN system?

Do I have to save the game? If so, where? :?

I got some trophies, but its not showing in my profile! :(

Rubix42
6th October 2008, 07:50 PM
@TRk_rkd and El

It's all about the practice. 3 days ago I couldn't keep control at subsonic. Now I consistently get through subsonic with multiple perfect laps up through zen.

I think the hardest part is that it takes so long to get to subsonic/mach1, etc so we rarely get a chance to practice it and get better.

I definitely use analog for zone as a slight movement has huge results at high speeds. I also take the skill cut as often as possible, way easier to get perfect on there.

Hellfire_WZ
6th October 2008, 09:57 PM
I used the d-pad, had airbrakes set to L1/R1 at 100% sensitivity, and took the shortcut only as far as Zone 50. Too risky after that.

blackwiggle
7th October 2008, 01:26 AM
How long does it take for your trophies to propagate into the PSN system?

Do I have to save the game? If so, where? :?

I got some trophies, but its not showing in my profile! :(

I had the same happen to me.
The way to sort that is to exit the game and then start it up again,then your trophies will be in your profile.

icechai
7th October 2008, 03:11 AM
thanks for posting your experiences all, I finally got the Beat Zico trophy (was stuck at 30.88 for a bit) with a final time of 30.63 (4 barrel roll method). :)

trk_rkd
7th October 2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks heaps for posting your experiences guys. What camera view were you using? I use internal but it seems like a lot of the youtube zone vids are using external... is it worth making the switch and spending some time adapting?

Thanks again.

taqili
7th October 2008, 05:06 AM
I used the d-pad, had airbrakes set to L1/R1 at 100% sensitivity, and took the shortcut only as far as Zone 50. Too risky after that.

I haven't mastered it yet, but this is what I do, too. I expect I'll hit Zone Zeus by the end of the week!

Amorbis
7th October 2008, 04:11 PM
On Zone I would say that if you do the Anulpha Pass shortcut by falling off just before the end it is safe enough for Sub Sonic and even Mach 1. The tricky part is getting onto the bridge without hitting the near invisible sign post.

'AG Assassin' was the worst for me. I lost so many races trying to pick on poor individual pilots just for eliminations >_<

I have my Platinum now so I'm happy! :D

trk_rkd
7th October 2008, 06:12 PM
Well done amorbis! That's very impressive. I'm going to lay off the wipeout until mid november when university semester finishes (HD will not help my marks, oddly enough) but after that I'm going to be straight back into it, I wanna get me a platinum too... something like AG assassin will happen over time for me so I'm not in a hurry to get it. I'm just worried about zone zeus and beat ziko... having said that i've made it up to 71 on zone so I'm within spitting distance.

RE: the bridge... I think I'll keep giving it a miss. Although I usually have a scrape or two going through the low road on mach 1 it's nothing compared to the mess i make up on the bridge... fall off, hit the top of the tunnel, accidentally barrel roll, slam into the wall... ouch. I guess I'm just not that good :)

I think I might try and find a white noise mp3 with lots of compression so the course is constantly lit up but without all the equaliser visual effects (awesome though they are)... i find the pulsing visuals distracting but for me at least I NEED to have some music selected so the course is at least illuminated on mach 1, otherwise it's black walls and black track... slam!

Thanks for the advice and congratulations again!

PFC_Piranha
7th October 2008, 07:37 PM
I finally got the air-breaker trophy today!

I was shittin bricks though, zone 49 damage critical. I just went all ninja reflexes and scraped through to the 50th zone then BOOM!

Big thanks to all the folk who participated in the bling brigade trophy about 10 mins ago aswell and to MrOrbital for organizing it :clap

Darkdrium777
10th October 2008, 02:19 AM
Zone 70 is a psychological barrier I cannot break. :'(
I did Zone 69 multiple times, and quite well too, but for some reason, when I'm nearing Zone 70, no matter what I do I just die... :/ :frown:

Asayyeah
10th October 2008, 09:09 AM
My 2 cents about zone mode ( zeus + airbraker) the hardest is to accutumate our eyes to the different shemes of color ( i found it hard racing with the dark ground of the track and the fade-light backgrounds.)
After your eyes are ok with those different colors especially mach1 you can definitly pass that zone 75.
When you got the trophy try immediately the airbraker one : i did passed it on the 1st attempt finishing at zone 63. I haven't using a lot of sideshift here to obtain that trophy i just alternated by ultra quick tapping on airbrakes and long time ( 1 or 2 sec ) maintening 1 airbrake with this technique you can even turn better at high speed i.e : on the 1st left curve, right after the start.

So no need to try the airbraker before the zeus : just do it immediately after you got zeus.

TenzyXIII
10th October 2008, 11:45 PM
I had the same happen to me.
The way to sort that is to exit the game and then start it up again,then your trophies will be in your profile.

I just had this, quit the game and restarted it an now when I go to trophies I get Error Code - 80022d1a

Any ideas?

LordOmega
20th October 2008, 07:33 PM
Great Thread , thanks ^^.
After FAILING "Zeus Zone" attempt (dying at the Zone 74), I've finally got the gold trophy (76 zones)!! **** yeah!

Now the next trophy I wanna take is the last secret one, which I need to play with 7 online players, all of us with Campaign Color...>_>

Also I need to get the "Double Kill"...WTF I have the Zeus Zone and not that Bronze one LMAO!

captain howdy
21st October 2008, 04:29 AM
I'm still missing the following:
- Gemini
- AG Assassin
- Zone Zeus
- Elite Campaign Legend
- Arcade Perfect

I'm on the Meltdown run of Elite Campaign Legend now. I'm almost starting to lose hope... I can't even seem to place above 5th in any of these phantom races. Which, of course, would mean I won't be able to do Arcade Perfect, either. I don't even want to think about Zones...

I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I saw that platinum trophy. ):

Rubix42
21st October 2008, 01:09 PM
The trick to beating Elite on phantom especially is using your weapons to slow the computer down.

Well, and flying almost perfect lines, but I assume that goes without saying. But using well placed cannon fire, rockets, missiles is the key to obtaining first place.

trentdf
26th October 2008, 09:33 AM
A very weak tip: to get the motion sensor one just go to anulpha on novice setting in venom, and then just use the airbrakes. not much of a tip, but i wanted to contribute:D

ok i got a 31.2 attempting to beat zico, but missed one speed pad (after dropping off the shortcut). would one speed pad make up 0.4??? i have a feeling it won't, which means a lot more laps :brickwall
i'm actually not that fussed about getting trophies, but this one seems special.

Darkdrium777
26th October 2008, 04:32 PM
Are you doing the four BRs? They are a must if you wish to beat the time, unfortunately... :( But you should hit that last speed pad when dropping down as well, it will take off some time.

TearsToShreds
26th October 2008, 05:49 PM
I think some of the devs did it with 3 BR's. I personally haven't tried beating yet. I'm not a big fan of trophies (unless there'd be rewards for them, besides a bigger e-penis).

LordOmega
26th October 2008, 08:21 PM
I can't believe I beat Zico today! Epic!
I got a time of 30,71 (I have a screen ^^). I like how the trophy looks like LOL.
Now the only hard trophy I have to do is the Perfect Campaign (Elite), and I'll get it soon. My last trophies are :

- Elite Campaign Legend
- AG Assassin
- 100,000 loyality points
- Platinum xD...
- Blind Brigade (can anyone help me to get it =P?)

And that's it. These days I won't be able to play more than 1 hour, but I hope I'll get some of those trophies next week ^^.

mdhay
27th October 2008, 10:37 AM
I think some of the devs did it with 3 BR's. I personally haven't tried beating yet. I'm not a big fan of trophies (unless there'd be rewards for them, besides a bigger e-penis).

Haha!

There's something - rewards. Why haven't we got any?

Lance
27th October 2008, 03:39 PM
I was thinking that Colin said that the Beat Zico challenge time was done with only 2 barrel rolls, but I'm not at all sure of that. Was it 2 or 3?

TenzyXIII
27th October 2008, 03:46 PM
I beat the Zico time a few weeks weeks back but it hasn't given me my trophy yet, wtf is that about?

maelgrim
29th October 2008, 07:09 AM
Did you use Piranah on Venom ?

trentdf
29th October 2008, 07:52 AM
i could understand 3, because you still hit the triple speed pad. I can't understand how it's possible with 2:dizzy

Nadia Elenova
29th October 2008, 08:39 AM
-Blind Brigade (can anyone help me to get it =P?)

Count on me on this one, anyone else joins? :P

SuperNova
29th October 2008, 09:52 AM
Zico, Why art thou so cruel!

I got 30.87 on my 97th lap :(

:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Nunalho
30th October 2008, 12:26 AM
I only lack one trophy and i am close to giving up...

I need the Arcade 16 tracks on Elite/phantom.

SuperNova
30th October 2008, 07:38 AM
HAHA, Eat it Zico!, i Got 30.52 , I counted all the laps, i beat zico in 220 laps

Rapier Racer
31st October 2008, 03:35 PM
Eh! 220 laps! At Venom :cold that didn't bore the life out of you no?

SuperNova
1st November 2008, 02:16 AM
Hehe, damm right.....at least i got some 10,000 loyalty for my Piranha
Really now, it should be 110 official "Attempt laps" the other 110 using the boost at the line

well...at least i gave zico a good whopping...although that 30.87 really put my morale down :(

LordOmega
1st November 2008, 08:58 AM
Good work Nova, just think that you've beaten him, forget all the other things xD.

Great, yesterday was epic, I got in 2 hours:

- Campaign Legend (Elite)
- AG Assasin
- 100,000 loyal points with my Feisar =D

Now I just need people to get the Blind Brigade...what a stupid last trophy, isn't it?

trentdf
2nd November 2008, 04:29 AM
SuperNova, i see your 30.87 and raise you 30.85 :blarg

But, finally, 20 Laps later... 30.68!!!!!!!

How sweet it is :rock8):P:D

blackwiggle
2nd November 2008, 06:35 AM
RE:Lance's last post in this thread

Colin said ZICO did it with 3 B/R's and elhabib said he managed it with 2....which 2 B/R's and where I don't think he ever mentioned.

With getting the frustratingly difficult Elite Campaign Legend trophy, I found on Meltdown - [phantom] that it was best to attack only up to 5th place by the third lap,otherwise the AI comes out of nowhere if you manage to find yourself any further ahead and just creams you....then you will find the front running AI will separate from the rest and it is just a matter of catch up [and luck on pick ups]absorb anything that doesn't make you go faster or autopilot.

Again on Meltdown ECL ,on C/Project and Sol 2 you basically NEED to use Feisar to get gold,just absorb as much as you can to keep your shields up and follow the advice above.
And don't B/R over the jump on the first lap of C/Project,you lose too much shield for far too little gain position wise in a 5 lap race IMHO.
Sebenco can be done with AG Systems as well,you just have to use a high thrust craft for that one,I actually found getting the Rapier ECL in Vertigo harder than the Phantom one in Meltdown.

The hardest one of all,the 8 race phantom tournament Elite in Meltdown.
You want to place first in the first 3 races and third or better in the next 3 to stand a chance of getting gold.....if you haven't then you might as well start again because the AI will get you on SOL 2...you want it so that you have enough points ahead at the start of SOL 2 that if you come 5th or better on SOL 2 you'll win the tournament,it will count back to previous races if you have equal points with another craft at the end of the tournament,another reason for the need for 1st's at the tournaments start.

mdhay
2nd November 2008, 07:27 AM
Why art thou so cruel!
The path of the Piranha is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil Zico. shielded is he who autopilots the Icaras through the Anulpha of darkness, for he is truely his records keeper,and the finder of lost racing lines. And I will strike down upon thee with great rockets and furious missile, those who attempt to leech and eliminate my brothers.And you will know my name is Mirage, when I lay my quakes upon you.

leungbok
2nd November 2008, 08:11 AM
Aaaaamen ;)

mdhay
2nd November 2008, 08:29 AM
I can't even begin to say how many times I had to watch Pulp Fiction to remember that.;)
-----------
My advice to anyone is don't try to get them and turn notification messages off - treat it like The Game.
Crap.;)

chboing
7th November 2008, 01:13 PM
ok, so now i own wipeout since 7 october, 1 month
just miss the "Zone Zues" trophy ... i can only get to zone 60 for the moment ...

i miss the AG assassins one too but this one is just spending time online ...

damn mach1 is fast ! :)

b4p
8th November 2008, 10:32 PM
i'm having a lot of trouble on the ag assassins one. is there some trick i dont know about? I am stuck on 0 kills after a few nights of playing :/

Hellfire_WZ
8th November 2008, 10:51 PM
It really is all down to either patience, or setting up an eliminator-style race. The latter was how I eventually managed to get it.

b4p
8th November 2008, 11:18 PM
is anyone still organizing those races? i would love to join one sometime.

edit: i finally got the zico trophy. i tied him at 30.82

edit2: i finally got the AG Assassins trophy. Thanks Bendok.

Constrictor
11th December 2008, 07:29 AM
Hi, maybe a really stupid question: How do I obtain the gemini trophy without buying a 2nd controller - and maybe hiring a 2nd player ?

btw, even that I'm not playing that much I seem to get physically handicapped by playing W'O" for too long. My right thump is feeling numb from continuously pressing (too) hard on X and O *sic*. I don't know how many laps I flew in Phanton elite race on S/Climb - the only Gold I'm missing for Campaign Elite ... I'm down to < 2:10 but never got it better than 3rd place.

Danterich
11th December 2008, 09:32 AM
For Gemini I used my old PS2-Controller with Speedlink-PS2-USB-Adapter(only difference is Vibration doesn´t work), but it was annoying to fly against myself this way over and over.

multibodydynamics
11th December 2008, 11:08 AM
Hi, maybe a really stupid question: How do I obtain the gemini trophy without buying a 2nd controller - and maybe hiring a 2nd player ?

btw, even that I'm not playing that much I seem to get physically handicapped by playing W'O" for too long. My right thump is feeling numb from continuously pressing (too) hard on X and O *sic*. I don't know how many laps I flew in Phanton elite race on S/Climb - the only Gold I'm missing for Campaign Elite ... I'm down to < 2:10 but never got it better than 3rd place.

You can obtain the gemini trophy by continuously remapping the DS3 controller between channel 1 and 2 (just press the PS-button) when selecting ship for player 2. It feels a bit silly but hey it's one more trophy completed!
I managed to get that campaign elite trophy and I actually think that Sebenco Climb forward was the most difficult one of all 16. Absorb everything except turbo, autopilot and quake! Sideshift a lot in the beginning of the lap! Don't make to many barrell rolls, you'll get blown to pieces before you know it. Barrell roll over the crest if your shield allows it. If you have a turbo, you can boost over the chikanes in the end of the lap saving a lot of time! First lap is really important. If you get hit by rockets or mines you're smoked, just start a new race. I used AG sys or Goteki 45. You'll need that acceleration!
Good luck, you'll make it eventually!

Constrictor
12th December 2008, 09:41 AM
Thx! Tried the PS2 controller USB adapter version - rented from my neighbor - and it worked.

@mbd: THX for the S/C hints. I used Feisar for my attempts - handles very well for the 90 deg turns. Will try AG after my thump is feeling better ...

detto
13th December 2008, 01:09 PM
Hey there everybody!

I'm trying to get this assassin trophy. If there's anybody out who needs that too or just want to help out,... pleeeaaaase contact me via PM or directly in PSN, nick: Finn_87

H3avyM3tal
16th December 2008, 03:50 PM
Well, after watching several videos of Beat Zico, I am certain that it is not that hard. After 3 tries I am down to 31:00, so getting from there to 30:82 is easy if I just don't grind walls and such. It is tricky only because of the BR you have to do when you get on the overpass. 31:00 after oh 150 laps (half of which is making a lap just to get the speed boost, so technically, its 75 laps. Good music and some food is yer best friend here).

So what I'm saying, after a friend of mine quit trying to beat Zico is: Don't fret! I know it looks impossible, but people are still doing it, and none of them is superhuman. Hell, if I let such a small thing stop me from playing, I would've stopped playing racers when Gran Turismo came out!

Have faith racers!

H3avyM3tal
26th December 2008, 10:07 AM
And to back it up: I beat Zico with 30.63! Do not fret!

Dwb_SWE
4th January 2009, 12:55 AM
I just won my Flatland Flyer Bronze Trophy Moa Therma! I don't know how many nights I've tried this in frustration! I chose Piranha in Racerbox at Phantom speed and when i got to the curb i just punched off my turbo... And bam i was flying up high in the sky. I wish that i had this on film, It's a beautiful view up there. :)

So to you trying for this trophy, just chill and don't try to hard! That's what i did and with a simple Turbo Boost - not a too fast left-right-left-right maneuver i came through with a perfect BR. And if i can do this so can you. Don't ever give up! :P

Happy about my new trophy :)

Happy New year to all of you great people in here! <3

Connavar
4th January 2009, 05:03 AM
Well, after watching several videos of Beat Zico, I am certain that it is not that hard. After 3 tries I am down to 31:00, so getting from there to 30:82 is easy if I just don't grind walls and such. It is tricky only because of the BR you have to do when you get on the overpass. 31:00 after oh 150 laps (half of which is making a lap just to get the speed boost, so technically, its 75 laps. Good music and some food is yer best friend here).

So what I'm saying, after a friend of mine quit trying to beat Zico is: Don't fret! I know it looks impossible, but people are still doing it, and none of them is superhuman. Hell, if I let such a small thing stop me from playing, I would've stopped playing racers when Gran Turismo came out!

Have faith racers!
Hi, I remember when I thought Zico was sooo hard, and today I tried like 40 laps
on AP venom (with Icaras), and correctly executed the BR onto the overpass maybe
34-35 times!!

I was expecting a much lower success-rate, but I'm glad, obviously.
Whenever it failed, it was because my ship wasn't sufficiently on the right
before the jump, or because I wasn't coming in a diagonal (left => right) before
the jump.

A month ago I would do a successful BR out of 3... so what has changed?
I think I wasn't really feeling BRs, I knew I had to put the ship to the right,
pitch it up and do a left-right-left combination, and land it more to the right
of the overpass, but I was always thinking too much of how to do it, instead of
just doing it like now... (Nike: just do it.) hehe.

stin
24th January 2009, 10:31 AM
Well, I have managed to beat Zico last night!:banzai, to be honest, that was so bloody hard!

Before, I have tried anything without somebody`s ghost, took me just under 800 laps and got to 30.01. I was getting demented by it.

After, I decided to try their ghost through El`s website, I did tried Rubix42`s ghost, but wrong type of codex and lastly I went for Armobis`s ghost 30.72.

And now, just under 200 laps later, alot of really close times stupid BRs and eventually done it! Hooraay!!

My time is now 30.56 and a trophy!

here is my link as proof! ---->http://cid-abbbe002add06a0b.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Zico/Zico%20003.JPG

FrenkyV
24th January 2009, 11:48 AM
Nice

I managed not to beat him but get exactly the same time :D 30.82 , but its enough for the trophy

First i got like 100 laps till get to 31.00. Then another 100 to get me to 30.86 (!)
Finally i got it, and got the trophy, but i don't think i ever can go faster then 80.82 :D

abukii
26th January 2009, 07:08 PM
Beat Zico- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTmo2EMWQ8
You guys are right...it is difficult. Ive only been ably to get a low 31.

Flatland Flier and Lapped Out- Go into Racebox
Select Speed Lap (99 laps)
Select Moa Therma
Select your ship and run it!

It only takes 30-40 minutes.

The second to last bend on the track elevates in the turn. You want to boost while going up. Its somewhat of a tricky landing, but you have 99 laps to figure it out. 2 tropies:cake

yeldar2097
26th January 2009, 07:44 PM
The second to last bend on the track elevates in the turn. You want to boost while going up.
can be done without boost so you can just do it in a race, but then again; two birds, one stone. just a tippie. but to be honest, most people will almost certainly do 99 laps trying to beat zico, i know i did ;)

machiasu
3rd February 2009, 10:35 PM
Just to clarify: for the Arcade Perfect trophy, both Tournament races and Single races in Racebox will count. I've seen people saying that only Single races will count, but that's not the case. I just got the trophy myself :D, and I've won the races in tournament mode.

Darkdrium777
15th March 2009, 09:29 PM
Them Youtube comments always give me a good chuckle :D

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0171/ZicoTubeComments.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/0171/ZicoTubeComments.png)

stinkleroy
15th March 2009, 11:07 PM
Haha "I want to shoot his dog and his family". Gotta love youtube :D

Seraphim1982
25th April 2009, 07:48 PM
Ok I've manged to nail all four BR's on this God forsaken task and my lap time is 30.83!!!!!!

Will I get the trophy if I hunt Zico down and literally beat him to death with a rubber chicken?

Failing that does anyone have any tips? I've hit all the BR's according to the YouTube videos but im still 1/100th of a second off.

leungbok
25th April 2009, 07:58 PM
lines are more important than br in wipeout. If you can perform all the br, just concentrate on the best lines and you'll leave zico behind soon, for sure ;)
Ah, also when you boost/br don't fly too high, the lowest you fly, the fastest you go !

Drizzit
25th April 2009, 08:01 PM
I haven't beaten Zico myself yet (32.51 atm with three barrel rolls) but anyway:
- make sure you hit all speedpads in the first corner
- after the second barrel roll you should land on the left speed pad for some extra boost
- optimize your racing line ;)

Seraphim1982
25th April 2009, 08:20 PM
Maybe thats why I'm just slightly off then, I've put the motion control onto pitch and when ive been taking off ive been practically throwing the controller over my head to get as much air as possible.

I'm about ready to throw my console out if the window, I get the feeling that I would have done this by now if I'd gone for it pre update.

:turd

zeeZ
25th April 2009, 09:14 PM
I must have done well over 700 laps, didn't even get the barrel roll on a tenth of that. Thanks to the update you can now retry the next lap and don't have to waste time doing another lap just for the start boost.

I was chasing after Amorbis' ghost (http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com) to improve my line - up the the point I managed to be always ahead of it... except for that <insert hefty language here> overpass barrel roll

Seraphim1982
25th April 2009, 09:30 PM
I got it!!!!! 30.67, my girlfriend has left me but it was worth it lol.

Amorbis
25th April 2009, 11:41 PM
I can't agree with Zeez enough about the use of ghosts for beating Zico. They show you the best lines without having to refer to videos. You can chase them in game, learn their racing line, learn shortcuts, learn where to barrel roll and eventually overtake them.

You can download my ghost here (http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com/download.php?ghost=28).http://www.wipeouthd-ghosts.com/index.php.

The overpass barrel roll is very finicky so the only advice I can really give is to pull up and go as far as you can to the right before the jump so you get the most height. Keep pressing left, right very fast if you're like me and are useless at barrel rolls ;).

Seraphim1982
26th April 2009, 08:58 AM
I appreciate the offer but I got it now, strange thing is I felt that my own ghost was putting me off. I was getting so irritated when I overtook myself after the first bend then it pulling ahead of me just before the jump to the thin track so I switched the ghost off.

Daft thing is I almost didn't realise I had beaten the time. Best advice I can give is know where the barrel rolls are and once you got that just try to perfect the racing line through the corners. It takes so long to get it all right on one lap though, so often did I miss the second or third BR's.

Drizzit
26th April 2009, 12:21 PM
I tried to beat Zico this morning.......after 50 Laps I was at 32:08, still a long way to go :(
Is it even possible to beat the time with 3 Barrel Rolls? Would be great since I can't seem to get the one on the overpass right.

Hopefully Amorbis' ghost will help me a bit :)

edit:
now at 31:75 with 3 BR

zeeZ
26th April 2009, 12:25 PM
I managed to get it down to 31:04 without the overpass roll. I think it's possible. Doesn't mean it's gonna be easy though ;)

silverfoxy
26th April 2009, 01:25 PM
I think I've read on this site that Zico actually did it with only 2 BRs. I know people have done it with only 3 BRs so it is possible. Use sideshifting as much as possible instead of steering as this slows the craft down less. Get as little air as poss when using the boost, just enough to do the BR. The higher you go the more you slow !!

It should be a lot less frustrating to try now that you can undo using the speed boost by pressing select. That was one of the most annoying parts of beating Zico was only being able to try it every other lap. That and the BR onto the bridge. For that keep as close to the left round the corner and then go as far to the right and turn your craft 45 degrees so it is pointing towards the overpass. Pull back as much as poss and then hope. You may need to use a little bit of airbraking just to correct yourself to land on the bridge. Make sure you sideshift off the overpass as well rather than turning off.

Good luck with it though

KGB
27th April 2009, 10:11 AM
I recently beat Zico, I did it with 3 BR's. ;)

Leading up to the good lap i managed to Br onto the overpass constantly, but on the good lap I failed but still managed to equal zico's time.

Make sure you take all the corners tight, but the place where you can really make time up is with a very good line on the first BR: Turbo up the small bump, BR and aim for the right hand side of the track, if you can keep in a straight line from the first BR into the next one then it could be the deciding factor.

EDIT: Don't know if it is just me, but it seemed easier to do since the update and Zeus!

Seraphim1982
27th April 2009, 01:02 PM
Ha! I'm working on Zeus and Airbraker now and they don't seem easier at all, having said that I don't play zone at all so it's probably just practice needed for me.

silverfoxy
27th April 2009, 01:11 PM
Zone is definitely a lot easier on the later zones (IMO) since the update.

Not sure about Airbraking as once I got that trophy I never tried it again.

Zones do need a lot of practice though but just set yourself the target of beating where you got to last time and beating the number of perfect laps and zones that you did. Anulpha forward or reverse are the easiest to do it on.

Glaciuscreations
8th June 2009, 09:20 AM
got Arcade , endurance , 2kills ,Livery Liberation ,,WipEout Disciple ,10wins,

all in this weekend, pretty happy with that just when i did Zone Zeus , i got the zone 74,8 ! it made me so madi was 2 sec away and then it would have been mine but i didt make it =( but now i know i can get there :D

glac

gettinmoney662
8th June 2009, 10:38 PM
Zone is definitely a lot easier on the later zones (IMO) since the update.

Not sure about Airbraking as once I got that trophy I never tried it again.

Zones do need a lot of practice though but just set yourself the target of beating where you got to last time and beating the number of perfect laps and zones that you did. Anulpha forward or reverse are the easiest to do it on.

How did the update make Zone mode easier? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just wonderin.

Thegide
9th June 2009, 03:32 AM
I tried to beat Zico this morning.......after 50 Laps I was at 32:08, still a long way to go :(
Is it even possible to beat the time with 3 Barrel Rolls? Would be great since I can't seem to get the one on the overpass right.

Use sideshifting as much as possible instead of steering as this slows the craft down less.

I recently beat Zico, I did it with 3 BR's. ;)

Leading up to the good lap i managed to Br onto the overpass constantly, but on the good lap I failed but still managed to equal zico's time.

Make sure you take all the corners tight, but the place where you can really make time up is with a very good line on the first BR: Turbo up the small bump, BR and aim for the right hand side of the track, if you can keep in a straight line from the first BR into the next one then it could be the deciding factor.

Also did it with 3BR, failing the one onto the overpass. The key is a tight line, and sideshift while crossing speed pads, where appropriate. This includes two of the three pads at the start, the one after the tunnel, and the pair of pads as you make the sharp left before the bridge. SS on top of pads rewards you with extra speed.