PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Pages : 1 [2] 3

silverfoxy
9th June 2009, 05:14 PM
@ getting money - I think Zone is easier than before the update as the steering is a bit "crisper" particularly at higher Zones. Makes it a lot easier to do perfect zones and repair damage to your craft. Practice also helps a lot to get used to the different lines you need at different speeds.

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 05:58 PM
See here for detailed explanation from king zone himself (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6078&highlight=zone)

gettinmoney662
10th June 2009, 05:23 AM
Wooo, I just read that thread and it seems like it makes getting the Zone trophies much more feasible to me because I completely suck at Zone. I'm not one to complain about a trophy's difficulty and I'd rather developers didn't make their games easier just because people are complaining, but if I can take advantage of those fixes, I won't be upset.

leungbok
10th June 2009, 11:56 PM
Maybe late because many zoners have already won this trophy, but here a video showing different methods to beat zico ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mn8hVOwG8

djKyoto
11th June 2009, 01:58 AM
Can't remember if i've linked this or not, but it should help.

http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18438

Glaciuscreations
12th June 2009, 08:35 PM
anyone want to help out with the Assasin 50 ppl online trophy im serisouly having problems wiht it as i cant kill anyone lol =(

my psn in " Glaciuscreations " like we can do turns in killing each others, hope anyone is up for it cheers

glac

Darkdrium777
12th June 2009, 08:56 PM
Eh, I guess I could help. Send a message to "Mistywing", I need to get it done for that other account.

Spece2goin
23rd June 2009, 04:06 PM
i have a question

AI is f***ing weird, and so scandalous sometimes.
what do i need to get arcade perfect?
in french the trophy is described like i have to win all races at phantom on each track, with elite AI on a TOURNAMENT!! o_O

but the english description does not mention a tournament, so
can i win them separately?
cause damn, i beated my best time, but there was always a piranha or a EG-X at first place, which can arrive with a time that could be ranked under #100
and i could win even being slower (got Elite legend)

so? hope it's not a tournament, i can't have 100% success over AI...

tug_14
23rd June 2009, 04:25 PM
come on arena espèce de ......
U'll find what u looking for .
No need to race in tounament , win each race at phantom class is enough .

Reezy
23rd June 2009, 05:17 PM
For arcade perfect, EG-X works alot better than Feisar on the tricky reverse courses (Chenghou, Sebenco, Sol 2).

sny
27th June 2009, 09:19 PM
A tip for y'all who might be struggling with the 8-race phantom tournament in the middle cell of the Meltdown grid (8th campaign event) on Elite difficulty: I was having a lot of trouble getting enough points to win this for quite a while, but in the end what worked for me was to get some more practice in speed lap mode on tracks I was already good at, just not consistently finishing at the top (or second) spot. So even though I finished 6th-8th on some tracks I'm bad at, winning Vineta K, Metropia and Ubermall and finishing second on Moa Therma was enough to get me the last gold medal I needed for Elite Campaign Legend (I even got first spot on Sol 2 by a stroke of luck in the form of 2 Auto-pilots, but in the end it wasn't needed :D).

Handmadelion
2nd July 2009, 09:22 PM
This game's trophy list is actually quite strategical now that I think about it. As a lot of other users here will agree, SL tries to get you to clock time on all the tracks, and all the crafts, to get completion. I just went back and did the meltdown tournament and I remember pulling my eyes out on that one, but this go-around, I sailed through it. Just a matter of following lines, and for everything else, I'm assuming you "know" the tracks, thus knowing your lines in the first place. ;)

bik3rluke
10th July 2009, 02:59 AM
I'm sure most of you know, but side-stepping mid-corner works very well for getting round corners quickly. I only recently found this out, but now I use it more often than I don't.

Touring Mars
10th July 2009, 08:28 AM
I've seen one or two people saying "take a break", "clear your head and come back at it later", and always thought that it was a bit true, but not entirely true... I stand corrected!

After playing WipEout HD for a while in the last week or so, I decided last night was the time to "Beat Zico" once and for all. I must have done 500 laps, and had atleast 200 "hot laps" (probably alot more :frown: ) and just couldn't beat the time. I got very close (30.95), but that was the exception rather than the rule. I only managed 3 other laps under 31.4 all night, including two very late on at 31.3, at which point I knew I was beaten.

Anyway, I had to try it quickly before I left for work this morning, and I did it :P After a few attempts (about 20 laps or so), I restarted and did what would turn out to be a 12 lap session (including just 5 actual "hot laps") and scored my 3rd fastest lap ever, closely followed by my 1st :lol

Granted, I doubt that would have happened without the 5 hour session last night, but it lends alot of weight to the theory that "taking a break" really helps!

blackwiggle
10th July 2009, 09:17 AM
You probably dreamt your way around the track during your sleep,then subconsciously knew what you were doing wrong previously,so as soon as you hit it in the morning it all clicked.

I use that as a way of solving previously unsolvable problems.

Works a treat,just ask yourself the problem as you go to sleep,remarkable how often you get a result in the morning,especially if it is something that might of previously been causing stress.

Wake up stress free and nail it.

zeeZ
12th July 2009, 03:16 PM
I have heard that you can get arcade perfect in two-player racebox races too, and that the elite AI is MUCH easier on you there :frown:

diddymal
14th July 2009, 09:13 AM
The AI is never made easier by changing modes, I can't say for sure but I assume 2 player mode will still earn you the trophy. I guess if you have 2 players it means there's one less opponent you have to worry about.

sny
14th July 2009, 03:02 PM
Actually, there is some catch-up system in place that's used by the AI when the player starts lagging behind badly. This is most noticable when you know you have no chance to catch up to even the last AI ship and start fooling around for the remainder of the race... the AI ships actually finish with times that are considerably worse than their usual.

TaroBarkhan
14th July 2009, 06:12 PM
I saw something like what you describe on the internet. Don't know, if it's true. Haven't tried it out yet.

I personally think this is cheating. And it spoils the fun for me, knowing that some people might have gotten this trophy in such a cheap way. :frown:

I worked myself through track by track and actually once I completed the Campaign Elite trophy, the Arcade trophy wasn't that hard (Except that :turd Sebenco Climb fwd)

@sny: If you want to check it out, I will let you know the details of what I saw. I just don't want to write any public statement, so that this doesn't get promoted any further. I don't think the WOZ members would use that exploit, but if I write it here anyone in the world could read it.

sny
14th July 2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I removed the description of the exploitable idea from my previous post, to prevent some passer-by on the forums getting the bright idea to publish it all over the intarwebs.

OBH
14th July 2009, 10:38 PM
Zico in a nutshell ---- This is a pretty standard method and has no doubt has been mentioned many times before...

Boost before start finish line
Use your next boost after the first corner, just before the 3 boost pads --- on the left side of the track is a small bump, if you pitch down, then up, then boost, you gain enough air to hit a BR, but IMPORTANTLY, carry enough speed to hit a BR off the hill as well
To BR onto the bridge - line your ship up so its going to fly off to the right side of the bridge, just before the bridge airbrake left to re-align yourself. DO NOT TURN LEFT, as it doesnt give you enough air time land the BR.
BR off the bridge onto the speed pads below and coast to the finish.

We got Zico on mine, my bro's, and his friends account in about 5 mins :)

Hope this helps someone out there.

Hellfire_WZ
14th July 2009, 10:42 PM
That's the exact method I use here :)

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Wipeout_HD_Beat_Zico_Tutorial/

diddymal
15th July 2009, 06:46 AM
You don't have to side shift on the second last BR for Zico, on that little bridge with multiple boost pads there's two black strips that run on the outside edges. If you line up with the right hand one and BR off the jump you should have plenty of time without having to make any steering adjustments.

leungbok
15th July 2009, 07:09 AM
Nice job Charly :clap:beer

diddymal
16th July 2009, 04:12 AM
Nevermind....

jimsin
19th July 2009, 12:58 PM
After reading all the way through this thread, I can see loads of discussion on beat zico, and a fair bit on the Zone trophies.

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount on the elite phantom race trophies though - I got to 0.1 second short of beating Zico in an evening, but after a week of trying I'm still unable to get so much as a bronze medal at the elite phantom Chenghou Project race. Would love to hear more tips on beating the AI - I'd really like to know more about how that works .. seems to behave really strangely - if you go off the track at Chenghou or Sol 2 then the other craft seem to almost wait for you to catch up with them again - but at Sebenco Climb you never see them again for dust.

Anyway - more discussion on those final elite races would be very welcome - was also wondering if somebody could direct me to a discussion on the finer points of side shifting - I'm reading that during Beat Zico forinstance, that people use side shift going through corners - but when I do it, I just find it jumps me right off whatever line I was taking - I have to take corrective action, and my whole lap is ruined from that point. I feel like I'm really missing something on how to incorporate side shifts into cornering, and would love to hear a detailed description on how it's done by the uber-expert pilots.

Edit: also relating to the AI - I have a sneaking suspicion that damaging an AI craft doesn't so much just slow down that particular craft, but somehow slows them all slightly - almost feels that the AI craft are there to give the illusion of being in a race, as opposed to playing multiplayer online where the positions of the other players is actually relative to what they are doing. (I know the whole thing is an illusion, but I mean it feels as if the AI is handled as a group instead of each individual craft acting independantly) - Any thoughts on that?

diddymal
20th July 2009, 03:32 AM
Jimsim what ship are you using? Using ships with best handling characteristics is your only option. Speed and thrust don't really matter.

Other than that it comes down to a fair bit of luck on what items you and the enemies get. For example if you get an autopilot, save it for the beginning of the track and use it just as you cross the start line, that will get you around the first bend and hairpin super fast. Barrel rolls are not really the best choice on this level either, personally I wouldn't do one unless my health was above 65, it's just too risky.

jimsin
20th July 2009, 03:58 AM
Thanks Didymal - I've been using the Icaras. Changed to AG-Systems tonight and it seems to have helped a bit, because I finally got a bronze ... think you're right about the barrel rolls - I only seem to finish about one in six races - will try to ignore the temptation to roll and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

blackwiggle
20th July 2009, 04:08 AM
Ship choice is/can be a major factor when you have yet to beat the elite AI.
They are always traveling at autopilot speed,which is roughly 10-15% faster than you are [can't remember who first posted this,either Dardkdrium or Colin]

Fiesar would be the ship of choice for Chenghou ,both forward and reverse.

Even then you will get races where the elite AI will post seemingly impossible times,it's just as much luck with pick up's as piloting skills.
Sometimes it is just better to absorb anything that doesn't make you go faster,just try to weave your way through them and keep you shields as close to max as you can.

Your other option is to adjust air brake sensitivity down to 70%-good starting point [or less,but craft can get progressively more twitchy the lower you go] on the current craft you are using.

A low % means the controls are more responsive,something not everybody understands.

It's sure made my lap times drop since I began changing from the default 100% settings

diddymal
20th July 2009, 05:30 AM
Ah man, no wonder you were getting owned, Icarus is a terrible ship choice for that level. I did the exact same thing, having used Icarus the whole campaign with no problems until Meltdown. I couldn't pass it until I changed to Assegai and then just managed to scrape .03 infront for a win, so lucky.

Speaking of Chenghou, you know that curving left hander where the track slopes down to the right? What's the best way to take it? I usually hug the left hand side but I still get tossed around and the AI always muscles me out of the way easily.

mic-dk
20th July 2009, 05:31 AM
Regarding sideshifts. Now, I'm by no means a top pilot, but I am able to beat the elite AI - even on Chengou.

I primarely use sideshifts when I don't/can't quite hit the apex of a turn (wiz. first lefthander on Sebenco (F)/thight lefthander on Chengou (F)/the "Piranha lefthander" on Anulpha (R)). If you're going a bit wide it can help you back on the line when you're fully turned in (remeber pitch!)

On Chengou it helps you line up for the speedpad over the double jump. My usual tactic against the AI is pretty much absorb everything but turbos, shields and autopilots and then BR like a madman :)

Others have a different style - YMMV

Oh, and I too usually slam the wall when I try to correct my craft in a straight line with sideshifts :)

Darkdrium777
20th July 2009, 07:57 AM
Chengou Project: Elite, an example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4594jgcGJE). Make sure you check out the description. ;)

AFAIK blackwiggle nobody said that the AI was 10-15% faster than you, I certainly didn't.

Some tips:
1. Acceleration sensitivity to 10%. I have airbrake also on 10 and Motion pitch on 100% (This time it actually means higher sensitivity, weird huh), but acceleration should be at 10%, as there's nowhere you need to let go of the X button.
2. I don't do it in my video, but at first when you try to beat them for the first time: speed is key. Choose speed pad over weapon always. Choose weapon when only you need shield energy, or it's on a speed pad line. Barrel roll and turbo = very important. You can also use the two "shortcuts" I show in the video, I explain how to do them in the description.
3. Most important: you have to be able to do near perfect laps in Speed lap or Time Trial on the track(s). Hit the walls sure, though probably a little less than in my video :) Practise a lot in speed lap.

After, you can become more "aggressive" and toy with the AI, once you master it and understand how the AI works, you can really take the weapon pad line and blast them to hell and back. These make for very poor race times but what the heck, I enjoy killing other ships :D

jimsin
21st July 2009, 03:15 PM
Huge thanks for all these tips.

Haven't replied properly because I'm too busy trying to implement them - have found myself in the lead on a couple of occasions now, so sooner or later I'll get it right I'm sure.

Things that seem to have improved my lap times the most at Chenghou are

A) Ensuring that nose is pointing down and left when landing after the two short jumps after the hairpin - then keeping the pitch down throughout the long left hand corner.

B) After the big drop, making sure I keep the left hand side of the track - makes it much easier to line up the chicane, and am getting the double zip pads at the start of the straight more frequently.

AG Systems is definitely better for me than the Icaras was, and the AI tips are helping too - is all very much appreciated.

diddymal
21st July 2009, 04:05 PM
Jimsin, on that last chicane if you keep right, you can zoom through and airbrake hard right at the last second to get around the corner and line up the boosts easily. If you aim to just hit that edge, you'll sort of drift around the corner and miss it, even though you're turning to the right. That way you can hit the boost before it too.

I find it's the best way when there's alot of other racers around you, since everyone else seems to hug the right hand side you can edge them out and into the oppisite wall as you turn.

_Rubbernuke_
21st July 2009, 10:22 PM
I've decided to go for transcendence but I've hit a big, ice cube shaped snag in the form of Seb Climb Elite Phantom....its an absolute nightmare! Other than through sheer luck is there a way to win this? It seems the AI goes mental on this track, the last race I had four other ships were eliminated-is that normal? Beating Zico seems easy compared to this!

mic-dk
22nd July 2009, 05:15 AM
I'll admit I needed a couple of turbos to win that one, but good lines and pitch will get you far. 2-3 BRs pr lap will keep you competitive.

The norm is a couple of eliminations - at least for the AI residing in my PS ;)

Darkdrium777
22nd July 2009, 06:55 AM
The AI isn't as good on all tracks. Fortunately, Sebenco is one of the tracks they happen to be worse at.
I'll see if I can make a quick video tomorrow of Forward to complement my Reverse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gqbuuSkB4).

Or just make Forward and Reverse like the Chengou in a new vid, as I've improved a bit since then I think. :)

But this will have to wait after gardening ;)

blackwiggle
22nd July 2009, 07:24 AM
Best to use a craft with high thrust stats on Sebenco .

Mastering side shifts really help on this track,so does adjusting the sensitivity of your air brakes

If you can master the BR without using a turbo at the point where you exit the tunnel [you should be able to do it with just a nose up] you will most likely overtake a few craft there,then save your turbo for going down the start/finish straight immediately after straighten up on to it ,otherwise if you use it too late you tend to be traveling to fast to take the sharp first left.

_Rubbernuke_
22nd July 2009, 07:50 AM
Cheers for the tips guys, its the only track I need to do to get Elite Campaign Legend (although I'll have to do it again for Arcade Perfect-:eek)- it will be mine! I guess I'm going to have to dust off my Goteki 45 for this one!

Out of interest, If I install Fury, do I have to get those trophies too before I get Trancendence?

blackwiggle
22nd July 2009, 08:19 AM
No,if you have a look at the HD trophies the wording of them has been changed.

sny
22nd July 2009, 10:38 AM
Sebenco is one of the tracks they happen to be worse at.

This was my impression as well. In truth, I'm very surprised that people call this the hardest track to beat the AI on... I had infinitely more trouble on either Chenghou Project or even Sol 2.

I beat Seb in both directions within around 5 attempts when I was going for arcade perfect with both Goteki 45 and Harimau... it must've taken 30 or even more attempts on Chenghou using Goteki 45, on the other hand. :?

jimsin
22nd July 2009, 01:32 PM
Big thanks Diddymal for chicane tip - I'll try it now.

For Elite Campaign Legend I'm just stuck on Chenghou and Sebenco - it's quite distressing to read that people are managing them on 5 attempts - I reckon I've tried more than 500 times!! (and now have a blister on my thumb:( )

No trouble at all with time trials or speed laps - just the races. Not giving up though, and hopefully with all this helpful advice it won't take another 500 attempts to do it.

blackwiggle
22nd July 2009, 02:03 PM
You will have a sore thumb but a BIG grin on your face once you beat it.

You'll do it if you persist.

That's 50% of the Trophy "Persistence" they should of called it.:rock

_Rubbernuke_
22nd July 2009, 05:07 PM
Hey, just completed Elite Phantom Chenghou and Seb, and nailed them all in racebox all in the space of two hours....all Ive got left is Zone Zeus....:cold If I can do it, anyone can!

sny
22nd July 2009, 07:14 PM
If I can do it, anyone can!

Nope. That's the point of it. If you do it, you can be proud and pleased knowing you've achieved something over 90% who bought the game will never see. :)

jimsin
22nd July 2009, 07:34 PM
"two hours?" - you must be gifted .... I'm shuddering to think how many hours I've been trying for.

I think my copy of Wipeout HD is faulty, and somehow the AI managed to get a little bit smarter than everybody else's during the download process!!!

I'll definitely have a big grin if I get those last two elite golds (3 inc the tournament) - in fact I'll be screaming so loud that the neighbours will probably phone the police!

Aeroracer
22nd July 2009, 08:08 PM
Dont give up. you will get there in the end, just as a few other have.maybe i will but not for a while i think :)

Nunalho
23rd July 2009, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know how to get onto the Amphiseum shortcut? I never knew such shortcut even existed :nod

PS; i know where it is, i just dont know how to get there...

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 01:17 AM
It didn't exist in Pulse because of the ECS.
Just use a turbo and aim for the door.
Land the BR and :rock

Thanks SL, that shortcut is probably the best one in the game yet, as it doesn't even feel "cheated" the slightest (Not that the others do, but this one has a sign saying: "Hey, I'm a shortcut!" while the others don't.)

Nunalho
24th July 2009, 02:14 AM
I tried to turbo onto it, but since there isnt any lump i still cant get there :?

PS: The shortcut is also in Pulse, i ve just checked it :nod

IxDELTAxI
24th July 2009, 03:14 AM
Where is the shortcut is it at the point where the track has the anti grav and it has the small little bumps that then lead to a jump? Also does anyone know the best track to get the trophy for not shooting a round in detonation.

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 04:30 AM
Video demonstration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9zo524HUw&fmt=22) of the shortcut.

Danterich
24th July 2009, 10:02 AM
I wonder how exactly to get the "Stats Life" trophy? Do i have to get every online badge(included new ones) of the game or what?

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 10:18 AM
No. Just open the stats menu and you should have it instantly. :lol Provided you've been playing HD for some time and have something in every field of every statistic.

Danterich
24th July 2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Darkdrium, i just got the info that i have to obtain more gold medals of the fury campaign to fill the stats...workin on it

Nunalho
24th July 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks on the input Dark, good video, i ll try later.

:beer

Danterich
24th July 2009, 11:52 AM
I just had to race all of the new tracks to fill up the laps per tracks stats , now i´ve got the "Stats Life" trophy and "The Pure Four" :)

IxDELTAxI
24th July 2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the video dark it helped alot.

Reezy
24th July 2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks alot for that vid Darkdrium. Would never have found that by myself.

jameskkelly
24th July 2009, 07:17 PM
Got all the new trophies except for all gold in fury campaign which I'm workin' on at the mo. Pretty easy to be honest, now, back to getting the original gold ones :( (life consuming)

TaroBarkhan
24th July 2009, 09:02 PM
I just had to race all of the new tracks to fill up the laps per tracks stats , now i´ve got the "Stats Life" trophy and "The Pure Four" :)

Oh, now I get it. I was wondering myself. :)

Hellfire_WZ
25th July 2009, 10:43 AM
If anyone still needs to get Zone Zeus, give Syncopia a try. Seems easier than Anulpha Pass, just done it in the campaign and hit Zone 73 on my first go.

djKyoto
25th July 2009, 03:43 PM
Video demonstration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9zo524HUw&fmt=22) of the shortcut.

Whats interesting that you did the shortcut, but you landed back on the normal bit of the track. I have yet to get up or see anyone land up on that random broken peice of track that's just above the start of the right hander (Reverse direction). Is it just for show or is it just really hard to do it?

silverfoxy
25th July 2009, 04:18 PM
For anyone struggling to get the Hold Your Fire trophy try doing it on Corridon12 (the zone track that splits in 2 at the start). I took the right hand side every time and did it first time after plenty of tries on AP (for and rev).

okam
25th July 2009, 05:47 PM
I just had a go at the "Hold Your Fire"-trophy on Corridon 12, right hand side, as suggested. Piece of cake, got it on the first attempt as most of the track is wide open and it's also very short. And I can confirm that you CAN fire your EMP and still get the trophy. It's also quite easy to recharge it on this track, so... go get it :D

Since it's so short it's probably also the most practical track for "Da Bomb", I would assume. Will have a go at that tomorrow.

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 05:50 PM
And I'll confirm Okam on the EMP. It's a go.

https://secure.eu.playstation.com/static/furn/portal/common/icon_trophy_bronze.gif
Hold Your Fire
Reach stage 10 without firing on any track, in any Detonator event.

Just got it myself, and I am embarrassed as crap since you got yours on your first attempt. Mine took me like, three whole album sit-throughs. I was on Syncopia, and even though you guys might not want any tips from my horribility (see the HML dictionary :guitar ) My only suggestion is remember sideshift, and keep your track clean with EMP.

okam
25th July 2009, 06:55 PM
Aww, well you did it on a harder/longer track, don't be embarrased :P Maybe you even deserve it more than I do, heh.

Hellfire_WZ
25th July 2009, 08:01 PM
Actually, Coridon 12 isn't any good for Da Bomb, as the bomb can spawn down either branch. Choose the wrong branch and you're screwed.

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 08:03 PM
Anyone have any ideas on getting Just passing through? Make the AI too smart and they'll reach the target score before you can go through the barriers. And what exactly does going through the barriers mean? Can you just, crash into them or do they want you going through them with the shield on? I would imagine the latter.

Edit: Just landed myself a bronze trophy on AP forward Zone Battle Novice AI. I gave myself a comfortable lead on my favorite zone track and just waited for them to create barriers for me to shield through and that was precisely how I got it. Target zone 55 so I have the max amount of time, and I had about 10 zones left to go when I got it.

okam
25th July 2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I just noticed about the bombs on Corridon 12. Could have sworn I saw 10 in a row on the right hand side when I did the other trophy tho. Ah well, got it in the first attempt on Syncopia, easy peasy :D

As for "Just Passing Through", make sure you do an elite event, because at novice or skilled the AI doesnt throw up a lot of barriers, plus they tend to run through them leaving none for you. Use your bar for shields, and just putter around the track looking for barriers, actually the slower you go around the better as it makes it easier to aim for the barriers (you have to hit them smack dab in the middle).

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 08:45 PM
And what do I get Okam when I try to replicate that? 13 bombs and I fly past the 14th and then die on a mine. :brickwall

okam
25th July 2009, 09:40 PM
*snicker* Better luck next time!

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 02:18 PM
Please help me.
Im still new to ps3, wipeout..basically everything.

I dont know how to find out what tropheys i have got and what i need. I found my trophey box but it just says how many silver gold i got not what they are and i dont know what the pictures mean.:?:?:?

IxDELTAxI
26th July 2009, 02:27 PM
Hit the PS button and go to the games tab and scroll up to find trophy list then push X then push X on wipeout HD it should show the percent of trophies you have then scroll down and look at all the trophies.

Handmadelion
26th July 2009, 02:27 PM
Here's a list of the trophies new to Fury. To view your trophies you can compare yours or just hit your PS button and go to trophy collection. There, if you see a greyed out picture of a padlock beside the corresponding trophy, that means you do not have it.

https://secure.eu.playstation.com/static/furn/portal/common/icon_trophy_bronze.gif
Hold Your Fire
Reach stage 10 without firing on any track, in any Detonator event.
Sharpshooter
Score a hit with every round in an entire cannon clip in any Detonator event.
Da Bomb
Destroy all 14 bombs in any Detonator event.
Zone Battles Legend
Win a single player, Racebox, Zone Battle event with a target of 40 on Talons Junction (Forward)
Just Passing Through
Pass through 15 Zone Barriers in any Zone Battle event.
Zen Evasion
Win any single player Zone Battle event with a minimum target of 25 without absorbing.
Elimin18
Eliminate 18 opponents in a single player Eliminator event.
Cannon and on
Hit 5 different opponents with rounds from the same Cannon clip in a single player Eliminator event.
Stay on Target
Stay locked onto an opponent with a Missile or Leech Beam for 30 seconds in a single player Eliminator event.
The Pure Four
Obtain 50.000 points on each of the following tracks in Zone Mode - Pro Tozo, Mallavol, Corridon 12 and Syncopia.
Stats Life
Attain and view every stat in the game.

Aeroracer
26th July 2009, 02:55 PM
thx for the help..:)

yeldar2097
26th July 2009, 09:53 PM
My only suggestion is remember sideshift, and keep your track clean with EMP.

what?! you were allowed to use emp? i didn't know that!
grrrr

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2009, 11:02 PM
In some cases though it may be better to hold off the EMP. As Paul said in another thread, mines stay where they are if they're not shot, meaning you can memorise their location. If you clear a load of them, they'll all respawn next lap in new locations.

yeldar2097
27th July 2009, 12:26 AM
i'm not clever enough to memorise anything. i managed it first time around but it was probs luck. i'm pretty good at missing mines, especially when i'm shooting at them. detonator - 14 laps complete, not even a bronze... bastard mines :twisted

TheDukeZip
27th July 2009, 01:13 AM
If anyone is trying to set up a bling brigade match please feel free to add me as a friend. The only trophy that you really need to depend on others to get... And now that fury is out less people may be using campaign ships that before. I wonder if the fury campaign ships count?

okam
27th July 2009, 01:24 AM
There is a separate thread for Bling Brigade hookups, se here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5329

Didn't that use to be stickied? Was on 2nd page now (oh noes).

TheDukeZip
27th July 2009, 01:40 AM
Ah yes thank you, sorry bout the unnecessary post.

MAMUTH
27th July 2009, 09:06 AM
any tips for just passing through trophy? do I need to Use chield when hitting the barriers or can I just slam into them? also which track and difficulty is best for this?

Darkdrium777
27th July 2009, 09:46 AM
Use shield to pass through unharmed, difficulty on novice and zone target to the highest (55). Preferably choose a track without too many nasty turns, like Syncopia. You won't be accelerating, just pass over the pads and head for the next barrier while activating a shield. You should get the trophy when the AI in first place is around 40 zones.

chalovak
27th July 2009, 09:55 AM
For "just passing through" i used two player mode, without AI ships. Place barriers for 2 laps then start passing them through with shield. Forget about another player, let it be. Use wide tracks, like Syncopia.

Hemicrania
27th July 2009, 11:59 AM
wow, haha thats smart! :p

okam
27th July 2009, 01:31 PM
I did it on elite setting, as the AI throws up a lot more barriers and they don't crash into them - leaving plenty for you. I don't think you have to be shielded for it to count.

Rubix42
27th July 2009, 01:35 PM
I was doing online zone battle. I just kept using my boost for shielding. Put myself in last place in the race, but got the trophy no problem.

I then played the next to my full ability and won. Needed to get the taste of last place out of my mouth...

sny
27th July 2009, 06:04 PM
I used splitscreen for 'Just Passing Through' on Corridon 12. Placed 2 barriers in the straight section near the finish line, then another bunch of laps to get shields and go through them.

For 'Da Bomb', my recommendation is a straightforward track you know well enough not to damage yourself with wall hits AND bombs at higher stages. Also, make sure you don't pick a track that splits at any point. There's nothing more annoying than blowing up 13 bombs only to find that the 14th spawned on the other path. I got this trophy on Anulpha Pass reverse, though it's probably easier to do it on Mallavol or Syncopia, but I haven't learned those tracks quite well enough yet.

For 'Hold your Fire', Mallavol or Syncopia is the ideal choice once again, but it might take a few restarts before the first round of mines are placed favourably for you to navigate through them. It took about 6-7 restarts for me on Mallavol to get this.

Rubix42
27th July 2009, 06:20 PM
Got hold your fire on the first attempt on Syncopia. That track is so large it's hard to hit mines!

Handmadelion
27th July 2009, 11:54 PM
I did it on elite setting, as the AI throws up a lot more barriers and they don't crash into them - leaving plenty for you. I don't think you have to be shielded for it to count.

I ended up doing it on Skilled AI because you're right with everything on the Elite AI except that they reach the target zones a lot faster.

okam
28th July 2009, 12:05 AM
Did you set target score to 55? When I got mine, the AI had only reached the mid 30s, maybe I just got lucky?

YouAreFubar
28th July 2009, 12:27 AM
I found Syncopia to be the easiest course to get the Detonator and Zone Battle trophies on as its wide, theres no splits and there isnt really any nasty corners.

If you fail first time with Hold Your Fire, try again as the pattern the mines are spread seem to change every game so next time they may be more manageable. For Da Bomb, it may be worth saving your EMP specifically to take the bomb out, so you dont miss it if its not in your firing/racing line.

For the sharpshooter trophy, wait a few laps so the mines have built up a bit before blasting away, and make sure you pick a big group to fire at. Make sure you tap when you press the fire button, not hold. As your bullets keep going through a mine when you take it out, if your rapid firing some bullets will most likely miss. In fact this is a good tip generally as youll find you take a lot more mines firing this way.

superpj1
28th July 2009, 06:02 AM
I've just earnt the "Hold Your Fire" trophy. I've found it it easier on Corridon 12 than Synocopia.

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2009, 09:57 AM
Makes sense, that's what I did it on. Half the distance to travel and half the mines spawn down the other branch.

Haywire_Guy
28th July 2009, 10:21 AM
Hi,

If you have already downloaded Wipeout Fury, do you have to unlock all of the additional Fury ships to unlock the "Livery Liberation" trophy?

Or do you have to only have HD, unlock all the ships to get the trophy, THEN install Fury. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks to all in advance =D.

okam
28th July 2009, 10:41 AM
You only need to unlock the ones from the original campaign, not the fury ones. As a rule, you never have to do DLC content to get a platinum in any game, just the original game content.

sny
28th July 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm completely baffled as to why so many people even think of using EMP when going for the 'Hold your Fire' trophy... like Paul said (in another thread, I think), you're actually making things harder if you use EMP, since the familiar layout of the mines from the first and second laps will be gone, and at higher speeds you'll have less time to react to a new one that suddenly popped up behind a corner. This trophy is by FAR easier if you leave the old mines be, trust me on this. If you're having trouble keeping a steady racing line navigating past a certain mine repeatedly from lap to lap, purposefully run into it and hope that the new one spawning won't be in an even worse position (it probably won't).

superpj1
28th July 2009, 02:50 PM
Makes sense, that's what I did it on. Half the distance to travel and half the mines spawn down the other branch.

I agree :clap. Some say "Hold Your Fire" is a piece of quake on Syncopia because the track is large. However I've found that it's so large that there are much more mines than on Corridon so it's not necessarily easier.

xtriko
28th July 2009, 08:46 PM
Btw guys, I just beated zico on my japanese account to test if we could do it with the new Fury Piranha. Guess what :) for those who are still having problems with the Zico Trophy, you can do it now with an extra help ;) Just ripped off a 30.52 on my 4th lap :) good luck to our mates who are still on this odissey :)

chalovak
29th July 2009, 02:47 PM
haha. lol. a little cheating here..
but I'm gonna try it. :evil :P

stever
29th July 2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone know if the fury platinum/campaign skins can be used for bling brigade or does it have to be the orginal platinum skins?

Rubix42
29th July 2009, 08:32 PM
Don't know, but I would recommend using the original in any effort put in. Hard enough to coordinate a group to do it in the first place.

superpj1
29th July 2009, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, which track(s) did you choose for the "Sharpshooter" and "Da Bomb" trophies ? I can't get these trophies :( thanks ;)

Darkdrium777
29th July 2009, 09:53 PM
Da Bomb: I recommend Moa Therma, though I didn't do it there. Syncopia is good too, but has more blind corners and sometimes the bomb spawns behind them.
Sharpshooter: There's no track, just count your shots and tap the button instead of holding it down. Done properly, you can get it with the very first Cannon clip you have. You can get it on Moa Therma while doing Da Bomb.

superpj1
29th July 2009, 10:26 PM

superpj1
29th July 2009, 10:35 PM
I did it I got the Sharpshooter trophy :eek in fact I failed because I was holding the button too long :naughty
Now Da Bomb :robot

Vartazian
29th July 2009, 10:44 PM
Sharpshooter is even easier in Ubermall because it has the split

All you have to do is go right the entire race then on Round 12/14 go to the left, hold fire and enjoy ;)

Darkdrium777
30th July 2009, 04:17 AM
Except most people can't get to stage 12-14? (For now)
Just count your shots guys. Tap fire very lightly to fire one bullet/salvo. Aim carefully. Repeat until every bullet/salvo in the clip is expended. Do what I do in the beginning of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irpyTm-rlzE) (15 chain bonus with the first clip.)

jimsin
30th July 2009, 08:59 PM
Eureka!!!!!

Once again, many thanks to you Darkdrium777 for that video.

I had read your posts about the combos etc - but my mistake was in thinking you must be hitting almost every mine on the track ... watching your video, I swiftly established that when you're likely to miss one, then you don't veer off course to try and get it.

This - coupled with the earlier advice about chains/combos has finally helped me to achieve my first elite detonator gold.

Perhaps I'll be able to finish Fury on Elite after all - thanks lots!!!

superpj1
31st July 2009, 12:05 AM
At last I got the Platinum 100% yeah :rock MANY thanks to Darkdrium :p

For the "Da Bomb" trophy I chose Syncopia though. My advice is to shoot as few mines as possible in the first rounds so that they don't respawn a lot. Then when speed grows you can shoot as you like. Also watch carefuly the Bomb hint under your score as it says when you're approching a bomb (don't rely on the girl who says "Bomb Ahead" because she sometimes forgets lol).

jimsin
1st August 2009, 08:02 PM
Ahhh! Such an achievement! Congratulations!!!!!!! :D

(One day I hope to be able to say the same - but I fear it may take many months!!)

SabinSlash
2nd August 2009, 08:52 PM
Here's a nice tip for anyone looking to get the "Hold your fire" Trophy...

Even though i didn't have much trouble getting it myself.

Play the detonator on Anulpha pass forward, most of the mines can be avoided by riding the ship between the wall and the Border line and when you get to the Straight away - short cut part all the mines seem to spawn dead center so its easy to ride the edge of the platform and whiz by those mines.

here's a nifty diagram: the arrow is you, the "O" is the now harmless mine :)

| o ^|

Hope it helps someone.

Peace.

- LL

Oh, i guess the above only helps if you not allowed to use your EMP while trying to get this trophy.

I wasn't sure so i did it without the EMP.

okam
2nd August 2009, 10:30 PM
You can use the EMP, I did and I got the trophy (on Corridon 12).

SabinSlash
2nd August 2009, 10:34 PM
Then i guess the above tip would be for really bad racers... i didn't know you could use EMP...

sny
3rd August 2009, 07:27 AM
EMP is your enemy when going for 'Hold your Fire'. I've said it before and I'll... uh... link to it (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140688&postcount=348) again. :p

silverfoxy
3rd August 2009, 08:36 AM
Another little tip but sure most people will have got this trophy already

If anyone still needs Airbraker trophy then Syncopia is the place for you. 1st time I tried it on AP I just got to zone 50 before crashing. Think I had about 95% energy left when tried it on Syncopia.

Winner !!
:nod

CJS
3rd August 2009, 08:52 AM
-deleted-

I want to kill that Zico guy... I just got 30.85 in the Fury Piranha!

I've gotten every Fury trophy except Da Bomb and Stats Life. The only 2 hidden trophies I don't have are Bling Brigade and Gemini... but I don't exactly need any help with those. Oh, and I'm on Zone 69 on Moa... AP just won't let me get past 56 (but I did get Own the Zone and Airbraker on AP... oh well)

I just remembered that I need SERIOUS HELP WITH ARCADE PERFECT! The reverse tracks are killing me... so is Chenghou... Is it easier with weapons on or off?

For Just Passing Through, make sure it's Vineta K (Forward) Elite, and always set the target to 55. Only boost once (I don't know if it helps or not, this is what I did) just keep listening for that dumb "barrier" warning to press O. And watch for Triakis, they usually get there first. Remember- you respawn if you blow up, so no worries :nod

okam
3rd August 2009, 11:37 AM
EMP is your enemy when going for 'Hold your Fire'. I've said it before and I'll... uh... link to it (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140688&postcount=348) again. :p

Since it's so easy to fill up your EMP bar, just fill it all the way up, use the EMP and it clears a large section of the track for you. Grab all the pads from the cleared area ahead of you, and use the EMP when you start seeing mines again.

That's what I did, and I got the trophy on my first try. No evading of mines necessary, you can just cruise the middle of the track and chillax :D

GeminiEntity
6th August 2009, 06:32 AM

blackwiggle
6th August 2009, 07:38 AM
Sharpshooter is even easier on Anulpa Pass reverse.
The mines just line up perfectly to be shot at.

superpj1
12th August 2009, 04:33 AM
Personaly I found Sharpshooter to be extremely easy on any track. In the beginning I was failing because I tried to shoot as fast as possible, thinking that my gun would auto-reload. But in fact it never does unless it's empty, so just take your time. For example you can shoot every 5 seconds to be sure to hit the target, it works ;) also being hit won't prevent you from getting the trophy !

CJS
12th August 2009, 06:35 AM
Got Connected 1 and 2 last night, going for AG Assasin today... just checking, do Eliminator kills count? PSN - cjs2370 -

okam
12th August 2009, 10:09 AM
Yes, Eliminator kills count towards AG assassin kills (but ofcourse they must be online, not against the AI).

TALooN
12th August 2009, 11:27 PM
Elite Campaign Legend!!!

I HATE this one!

Any good tips on how I can get this? Apart from the usual "Keep trying" I really don't think that I'm going to get this... I'm up to cell 7 and the speed and difficulty at which those ships race at is just insane.

Also Zone Zeus and Bling Brigade are the only ones I have left and I can add myself to the Transcendant's List!

But yea if I can't get Elite Campaign Legend then I'm screwed! :(

Darkdrium777
13th August 2009, 01:14 AM
The trick is unfortunately to keep trying and to practise, there's no secret.
The thing to do is go in Speed Lap, do the tracks you have troubles with at the appropriate speed until you're doing near perfect laps (one or two walls hits is ok, and with hits I mean really crashing into it, just scraping doesn't slow you down so much unless you do it a lot and often) without ever releasing the accelerator (there's no need to, ever.)
Go for speed over offense always, do the Barrel rolls, turbo at the appropriate spots (Save your turbo for a whole lap if you have to), use shortcuts if possible.
Check out the HD video thread for some videos of the best players like the fourbe frenchmen xD
For starters you can check out my videos for Chengou Project (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4594jgcGJE&fmt=22) and Ubermall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y4V2OXGAw&fmt=22) where I use some good techniques that can help you beat the Elite Ai faster if you're able to do them.

TALooN
13th August 2009, 02:24 AM
From the looks of your racing style, you use mostly air brakes am I right?

Looks like I'm going to need to put a lot more practice into each track before I'm going to beat it!

Also do you use D-Pad or Analogue?

Darkdrium777
13th August 2009, 03:08 AM
No, I use mostly steering. What you see for the airbrakes is wrong as I have the sensitivity at 10% so they are almost digital-like in responsiveness. Therefore even the lightest/shortest of presses on the button makes them activate at 100%.

You should not change your steering control for something you are uncomfortable with. I use D-Pad + Motion pitch at sensitivity 100%, airbrake sensitivity and thrust sensitivity at 10%. I also switched the airbrakes to L1/R1. The rest is default controls.

CJS
14th August 2009, 06:45 AM
Just realized that I only have 4 trophies left: Bling Brigade, Zico, Arcade Perfect and... err... Endurance. How do you keep people's interest in the last one? Everyone always seems to ditch by the 6th race. :?

LemmingCounciler
14th August 2009, 11:32 PM
Just realized that I only have 4 trophies left: Bling Brigade, Zico, Arcade Perfect and... err... Endurance. How do you keep people's interest in the last one? Everyone always seems to ditch by the 6th race. :?

it was one of the first ones I got. as long as two of you are still racing, you'll get the trophy.

It's just unlucky if EVERYONE ditches after the sixth race...what were they doing joining a tournament in the first place? :lol

xtriko
17th August 2009, 08:17 AM
Some people don't like to lose. and the act like babies and run to their parents crying... "Wipeoutzone pilots were kicking me hard :'( "
if someone needs help with bling brigade or endurance, send a message to me at psn or here and I can help :) and I promess I won't leave and go cry to my parents place lol

KGB
24th August 2009, 07:48 PM
Just to clarify.
Do you need to have your shield on when flying through the zone barriers for the 'just passing through' trophy, or can you just smash into them like a lunatic?

okam
24th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Doesn't matter if you are shielded or not. I probably just crashed into at least half of the barriers when I did mine, doesn't even matter if you "die" since you just lose a couple of zones and some speed.

Rattles
29th August 2009, 10:12 AM
Hi guys sorry if someones already spilled the beans on this one, but if you race split-screen with elite AI they will slow down if you leave player2 at the start line.

Just make sure you can get around the track with relative ease.

diddymal
30th August 2009, 08:08 AM
Hi guys sorry if someones already spilled the beans on this one, but if you race split-screen with elite AI they will slow down if you leave player2 at the start line.

Just make sure you can get around the track with relative ease.

Also known as a cheat, what's the point?

MrBrinkles
30th August 2009, 08:09 PM
Some people don't like to lose. and the act like babies and run to their parents crying... "Wipeoutzone pilots were kicking me hard :'( "
if someone needs help with bling brigade or endurance, send a message to me at psn or here and I can help :) and I promess I won't leave and go cry to my parents place lol

I actually need help with the Bling Brigade Trophy :D So if some other people here want to help me to get that trophy that would be great!

tileon
7th September 2009, 01:33 AM
I hate trophies that require you to suck like Endurance or whatever that Battle Zone trophy is called... It's hard for me. 8)

catashtrophe
25th September 2009, 02:56 PM
How do I get the “Stats Life” trophy?

I’ve gone into the stats screen and gone through all the screens in there but I get no trophy? Am I supposed to stay in there for a certain length of time or is it to do with having certain stats etc?

Anyone help?

thanks

CJS
25th September 2009, 03:03 PM
@catashtrophe:
Just do EVERYTHING that the stats page records, i.e. online eliminations, Phantom Elite wins, etc., then look at the Stats page, you should get it after a couple of seconds.
P.S. Hi again people, haven't been playing WipEout for a LONG time... waiting for a new expansion, I guess... seeing how many there are for GT5: Prologue, me want the Ascention league tracks! And Tigron & Van Uber! And the Zone ship in normal races! And maybe DIY custom paint jobs! :eek

Razorbak86
25th September 2009, 03:17 PM
How do I get the “Stats Life” trophy?

I’ve gone into the stats screen and gone through all the screens in there but I get no trophy? Am I supposed to stay in there for a certain length of time or is it to do with having certain stats etc?

Anyone help?

thanks

The "Stats Life" trophy has nothing to do with time spent looking at the stats pages. Ever stats bar on all of the stats pages (6?) needs to have data populated. Nothing should be missing or grayed out. This means you need to have recorded usage of all the teams (loyalty) and tracks (forward & reverse) in the game.

FWIW, I was having similar problems as you, and couldn't find one of the tracks listed on the tracks bar of the Stats page. I finally found that track in one of the Zone events in Racebox. I think it was one of the new Zone tracks added from Pulse or Pure, but I can't recall the specific name. I probably would have eventually run across it in the Campaign mode of the Fury download pack, but I was able to access it through Racebox mode. Once I ran that particular track a single time, the "Stats Life" trophy unlocked for me.

Hope this helps.

G-Hob
21st October 2009, 08:08 PM
It took a 5 and a half hour session of playing the Phantom Tournament over and over again, but I finally got the last Elite Gold medal I was missing.

I almost did it a few times with Assegai, but eventually I won the tournament with Icaras.

Zitrax
30th October 2009, 09:25 PM
Argh, I hate this zico trophy :mad:. Seems just like I can't do it, I know where I should barrel roll (I have seen the videos) but my rate of success is just too low. I have tried about 250 laps in total and my best so far is 31:59. Only got 3 laps under 32:00. I usually play with the analog stick, but tried like half of the laps with the dpad and it seemed a bit easier, but at the same time frustrating because I am so used to the stick.

Tell me some secret tips ? :)

Zitrax
31st October 2009, 03:10 PM
Just to clarify.
Do you need to have your shield on when flying through the zone barriers for the 'just passing through' trophy, or can you just smash into them like a lunatic?

Doesn't matter if you are shielded or not. I probably just crashed into at least half of the barriers when I did mine, doesn't even matter if you "die" since you just lose a couple of zones and some speed.

This does not seem correct to me, I crashed into 18 or 19 barriers and I did not get the trophy. When I used the shield instead I got it.

KGB
31st October 2009, 04:28 PM
The first time I tried this I went through 16 and I didn't get the trophy, which is why I posted the question. I did it again with a mixture of crashing into them and flying through them with a shield and it worked. Maybe just glitch.

leungbok
31st October 2009, 09:54 PM
Well i did it using the shield and went through all the barriers. I selected off course the biggest amount of zones (55) and set the AI on elite, more aggressive = more barriers to hit. To win this trophy you have to voluntary lose your race which made it totally stupid :blarg

Vartazian
31st October 2009, 09:59 PM
You need to shield. I smashed into 25 and it didnt work. Use Shield.

G-Hob
4th November 2009, 08:26 PM
I got up to Zone 52 on Syncopia but didn't get the Airbraker Trophy.

Motion Controls were turned off, as they have been since I first played the game, so I don't know why I didn't get the trophy.

ProblemSolver
4th November 2009, 10:01 PM
The Airbraker trophy requires you to use only the airbrakes to steer the craft.

G-Hob
12th November 2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks.

Every time I try to do a 12-race Tournament everyone else has left by the 7th race. Such a waste of time.

ACE-FLO
1st December 2009, 05:24 PM
i'm up for 12 race tourneys mate, add me and we'll get going :)

fragje
2nd December 2009, 05:52 PM
so i keep hearing people talking about zone zeus and zico being the hardest trophies... i got them quite some time ago but i'm struggling with elite/phantom.. am i the only one finding these (arcade perfect, campaign legend) considerably more difficult than zico and zeus?

QjonPL
2nd December 2009, 06:49 PM
am i the only one finding these (arcade perfect, campaign legend) considerably more difficult than zico and zeus?
Probably you don't know the Arcade Perfect AI glitch (feature?) ;)

fragje
2nd December 2009, 06:54 PM
additional info required on this. so, no i dont know but i'M willing to start abusing glitches, i tried on this for too long..

abukii
2nd December 2009, 06:54 PM
Hold that thought...am I the only one having massive ammounts of difficulties with Elite Campaign Legend??

fragje
2nd December 2009, 06:59 PM
no ure not. everything went fine till chapter8. in chapter 8 time trials/speed laps were easy. then races started. i've done a good 50 attempts at sol2/chengou (the only ones im still missing) and approx 10 tries at the tournament.. no success so far..

so yeah QjonPL, enlighten me

SaturnReturn
2nd December 2009, 07:22 PM
Plenty have had trouble with it. Zico and Zeus were my last two, but the Elite campaign was still tough. Have you tried Harimau? For some reason a lot of people (well at least a notable few) found that it was easier in Harimau, myself included. I have vivid memories of Chenghou Project taking me a loooong time, until I went with Harimau. It should be even better with Fury Harimau.

fragje
2nd December 2009, 07:24 PM
i went with the furymau before but i didnt like the 'double jump'. i changed to ag sys now which goes over both ramps in one jump. my results have gotten a lot better ever since :P

SaturnReturn
2nd December 2009, 07:26 PM
You should be able to do clear the second ramp in any ship I think. Just pitch up a little if you need to. I always like to just clip the edge of the second ramp if I can. That way the boost from the barrel roll kicks in earlier and you get more out of it before having to slow for the corner. At least, that's my theory.

fragje
2nd December 2009, 07:31 PM
ye ive sorta been trying to do that, since my theory was similar, but my pitching skills aren't too great. i'm a d-padder and whenever i change to motion pitch i tend to forget about it and either fly nose-up or nose-down all the time :P
anyhow. any hints on the arcade perfect glitch?

SaturnReturn
2nd December 2009, 07:49 PM
I don't think there is a glitch. I'm assuming that was a joke. I use d-pad too, but for Chenghou I actually think it's better than stick in some places. Some tracks stick definitely has the edge though.

Maybe you should try Time Trial instead for practice, and then blow them away with your speed. At the same time you would improve your TT times. It would be a better way to get the trophy and improve than just doing the same thing over and over. It would also be more rewarding I think, and definitely better than looking for a glitch.

leungbok
2nd December 2009, 07:55 PM
If you improve your racing lines practicing TT, you'll find it even easier to beat the AI without weapons (weapons off = less cheats from the bots ;))

fragje
2nd December 2009, 07:59 PM
damn it, this sounds like work :P
i already started working my way through speedlaps (all speed classes starting with venom, i am halfway done with rapier now, racing every track forward/backward) to get a better hang of the tracks.
chengou was horrible just a few minutes ago. i managed being first place at the end of lap 4, managed not to **** up some random turn and went all 'haha only thing that could stop me now is a quake' just as the anouncer said 'quake'.. rolled off the track, came in 4th :(
if i still didnt get the trophies once im done with all the speed laps, i'll change to time trials to get some more consistency...
its just weird. i'd basically call myself a trophy whore and i want to transcend so badly that i dont mind not having gotten any trophy for the last at least 100 hours of gaming...
anyhow, more practise tomorrow.. ... . -.-

QjonPL
2nd December 2009, 08:01 PM
any hints on the arcade perfect glitch?
I was talking about that method:
Plug in any usb gamepad you have (if you don't have second Sixaxis, of course ;) ), go to Racebox, set 2 players split screen, AI diff. Elite, choose track, start the game and put away Player 1 controller. Start the race playing on the second pad as a second player, EASILY win with the *cough* Elite AI (it's so easy because bots adjust their speed and skill to match P1's racing, but obviously Player 1 is not moving, so they're veeery slow :D ), repeat on all stages ;)

djKyoto
24th December 2009, 08:42 AM
My guide went official on the PS3T site if anyone needs help. Has Fury stuff in it also.

http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43990

KGB
24th December 2009, 09:01 AM
Great guide, well done. :+

kanar
24th December 2009, 12:06 PM
My guide went official on the PS3T site if anyone needs help. Has Fury stuff in it also.

oh oh congratulation mate, for sure I'll have a look as soon as I could. Nice job!

Z°ⁿε
30th January 2010, 11:44 PM

great guide, i got some trophies that were bugin' me. thanks.

MiguelX69
14th March 2010, 10:46 AM

4 stars for elite and 5 for zone zeus? I think it's the other way around... But it's only my opinion...

Connavar
14th March 2010, 03:28 PM
djKyoto: you advised to pick a wide open track to destroy the 14 bombs?
I had trouble getting this trophy, but then I realized I was hitting a lot of mines
in very narrow tracks such as Vineta-K, because you can just shoot randomly
in the turns, and because the track is narrow, there is a higher probability that
your bullets hit the mines (or the bomb) even when you don't see it.

OveReAction
5th May 2010, 01:23 PM
Dude, i just got Pure Four. :D

Kaede
13th May 2010, 05:20 PM
I've got the "Da bomb" trophy today and I noticed something strange (sorry if that's been mentionned before) : I'm pretty sure sometimes, the announcer doesn't announce the bomb. It happened to me, like, 1 time per try. I don't know if it's a bug, or due to the announcer being busy saying something else, though.

blackwiggle
16th May 2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah that happens, you'll also find that depending on the track, you will get a bomb place somewhere "Unshootable", off track.
The first time I had this was on Anulpha Pass forward, I was coming around the bend that leads to the bridge and noticed that the bomb had been placed on a ledge way up on the left, pity I never took a photo, it was a classic WTF :eek moment.

G-Hob
16th June 2010, 03:26 AM
I was just looking at my Trophies on the Playstation website, and for some reason Wipeout HD isn't on my list of games.

Anyone else having this problem? This is my PSN name if anyone wants to check it for me:

Curufinwe5503

[EDIT] It seems this bug only affects the American version of playstation.com since Wipeout HD is there on my Trophies page if I sign into eu.playsation.com instead of us.playsation.com where I usually go to.

Super_Rocket_Pigeon
18th June 2010, 01:25 PM
is BEAT ZICO trophy possible to get? I keep trying and failing. Its not possible with a Piranha I dont think. I see the videos on youtube and try to copy the moves but I cant do it. big downer.

Dark-Twisted
18th June 2010, 01:52 PM
It certainly is a tricky one... personally, I found this very helpful > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66VL_K7kXt8 . A step-by-step guide, if you follow what he says and keep practising you'll get it eventually... it's a tricky one, Zico...

leungbok
9th September 2010, 06:58 PM
A fast method to get arcade perfect and tournament ace at once (you can even respawn, lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3reYQ3jJA&feature=PlayList&p=425053DFDA2B48FE&index=0&playnext=1

Seraphim1982
23rd September 2010, 03:12 PM
Ok so I'm finally digging in and going to get the last couple of trophies on this game. All I've got left to get are Airbraker Zone Zeus and Elite campaign legend. I know elite will just take practise and some grinding away until I get lucky but can anyone recommend any tips for the zone ones? I can't get above zone 45 with normal steering never mind just airbrakes and sideshifting.

DreamyElf
23rd September 2010, 05:07 PM
for the 3 zone trophies use Syncopia.
its the easiest track.

for Airbraker turn off the motion sensor from options, and DONT touch the d-pad or analog stick or you'll never get it.
i know it seems impossible at first but keep practicing and you'll get better everytime.
some tips: never try too many times in a row. i find it much easier if you take a break and try later ;)
putting your fav music or turning off music helps too.
also if it starting to get frustrating stop and try later when you feel better.
to do well in Zone you must feel good, if u aren't concentrated you'll crash all the time.
and remember the secret of wipeout: practice is the key... :)

Seraphim1982
23rd September 2010, 05:53 PM
Grrrr I got as far as zone 44 on Syncopia, all seems to go well up until super phantom then the little mistakes start creeping in, by the time I get to Zen certain sections of the track are bouncing me around like a pinball. I'm starting to get that twitchy feeling like when I first started playing wipeout lol.

__________________________________________________ ___________
Airbraker in the bag :rock

Jav
24th September 2010, 01:52 PM
Zone is ALL about practice. Try again, again, and hey, again. If you really want this trophy accept the fact it's gonna be hours of work mate. Die, try again, repeat.

blackwiggle
25th September 2010, 12:45 AM
Maybe Syncopia isn't the easiest track for you, it wasn't for me.
Mind you I had just managed to get Zone Zeus before Fury was released, so it wasn't a option for me at the time, but it still rings true.
Try Anulpha forward instead, most people seem to have got it on this track, mainly due to the none zone practice you get by normal racing, you just tend to know it better and how to adjust your lines on it at any given moment.

Jav
25th September 2010, 12:24 PM
Yep, did it on Anulpha Pass too. Didn't have Fury either though. Still, I would probably play AP if I had to beat it again. Although I get 120-130s on AP nowadays so it wouldn't really be a problem anyway. Not showing off, just saying that practice does really pay off. Do people truly expect to get Zone Zeus in a few races?

wirehang
26th September 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi folks,

I've just got another PS3 having sold my old one about 18 months ago. First thing I did was redownload Wipeout HD. :)

So my problem is that the trophies I earned way back are in my profile, but they are not unlocked in the game. Do I have to do anything to get them to appear?

Cheers,
matt

blackwiggle
26th September 2010, 09:47 AM
Trophies are linked to your PSN ID, unless you have changed your user name they should appear when you look in trophies.
Did you backup your data from the old PS3 and put it on the new?
You need the Wipeout game save data from your old console to be put on the new one to have everything back the way it was, otherwise the game will treat you as a new player and you will have to play through again to open everything up.

wirehang
26th September 2010, 10:06 AM
The trophies show up outside of the game, but not in game. Sadly I no longer have my old save data.

I hoped it would be like GTi Club+ where the game was clever enough to adjust it's menus to show unlock status based on your trophy record if a save didn't exist.

Ah, well, never mind. I don't have the time to replay it all so I'll just jump into Fury.

wirehang
30th September 2010, 05:26 PM
Sadly I no longer have my old save data.
I found my save data on an old 128MB(!) USB stick. So happy! :)

Colonel
23rd November 2010, 08:10 PM
Can somebody answer me this please - what is the trophy immediately beneath "Elite Campaign Legend" in the trophy list. Most people seem to have it but it appears as a hidden trophy to me. I have a feeling it's something pretty easy to get.

Cheers.

yeldar2097
23rd November 2010, 08:22 PM
It's Deadly Momentum isn't it? Get elim'd in a Single Race against Novice AI. That one.

Check if you have it, that might be the one:)

Colonel
24th November 2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks Yeldar. I was perhaps being a bit lazy, after I'd posted I looked at the first page of this thread and was sure that was the only hidden I didn't recognize.

Actually I'm quite chuffed I don't have it :g

F.E.I.S.A.R
25th November 2010, 01:46 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before on this thread,but...
If you have the Fury Expansion pack,you can get Gemini by selecting Player 1's ship,then reassign controller to Player 2,then choose Player 2's ship.
To get it the short and efficient way(I feel cheap),set the track and target as follows:
Track:Anulpha Pass Forward
Zone Target:15
Fill Player 1's boost to max twice to win.Repeat until that notification pops up.

blackwiggle
26th November 2010, 12:43 PM
You can get Gemini by just having two controllers, set at Venom in racebox, race pilot one till just before the finish line of the 3rd lap, leave stationary.
Pick up second controller, race pilot 2 and finish the race.
Then pick up pilot one controller straight afterwards and trickle over the line.
Trophy is yours

jeegee
29th November 2010, 08:22 PM
If you have kids then you can just pop pilot assist on player 2 and race against them. Or with multiple kids let them race it out themselves. Gets you the trophy AND keeps your nipper(s) entertained for half an hour. 2 birds with one stone :). My 2 yr old lad got a 1st place on novice/venom/vineta k last week using pilot assist, my 4 yr old lass came 7th lol. Pilot assist has a lot to answer for.

DjM1zw1z
4th December 2010, 09:14 AM
With Just Passing Thorugh (fury) Pick a ship for player 1,
then hold PS button go to controller settings and put the controller to number 2 then go back pick a ship and then go to back to controller 1 and then make tons of barriers and then pass through them with shield activated

Colonel
6th December 2010, 04:51 PM
My 2 yr old lad got a 1st place on novice/venom/vineta k last week using pilot assist
:clap Child prodigy, what's he gonna be like when he's five?!?

TNitaliano
26th January 2011, 01:19 PM
Good grief! I have hit a literal and figurative wall with Zone Zeus. I got to zone 68 SIX TIMES yesterday, and zone 71 twice! I get to zone 60 with 100 health, and just collapse for some reason. It's beyond frustrating, considering I know many of you managed to get Zone Zeus rather easily.

I know it's only a matter of practice, patience, and remaining calm, but goodness...this is brutal.

Temet
26th January 2011, 02:12 PM
Well, I'm not proud of it... but I got Zeus on Syncopia. It's really easier compared to Anulpha...
Once I got Zeus, I got Airbreaker on first attempt.

TNitaliano
26th January 2011, 02:15 PM
Considering how well I know Anulpha now, I'd hate to give up and start learning Synopia. I purchased FURY, but I haven't played it at all yet. I'm working my way through the normal game, and I've been determined to do it on Anulpha.

One more night like last night, however, (with 4+ hours of trying without success), and I may just do it.

blackwiggle
26th January 2011, 02:34 PM
Are you attempting it with near, far or cockpit view?
On Anulpha you should basically be able to get Zone Zeus just using air brakes for much of the 75 zones needed.
Have you tried adjusting you air brake sensitivity?
A lower percentage = Higher sensitivity in Wipeout, a lot of use race with 70% or less, and have air brakes re-mapped to L1R1 instead of L2R2.

TNitaliano
26th January 2011, 02:59 PM
I do have them mapped to L1 and R1, with a sensitivity of about 80% I believe. I race in far view, and I did try the other cameras but never felt quite comfortable. I just seem to tense up and pinball once I get going too long in Mach 1. I don't know what else to do except keep trying.

The fact that you can make it to 75 with just airbrakes damn near makes me wanna give up. Here I thought I was getting good at the game, but it seems I'm still an amateur :blarg

blackwiggle
26th January 2011, 07:15 PM
A lot of people turn their music either right down or off and the HUD effect off when attempting Zone Zeus, as both are a distraction.
It's best to attempt getting it in 1 hour blocks, then give it a rest, do something else for about 20 minutes, then have another shot at it.

It's frustrating, but you'll get there, just try to do as many perfect laps as you can, which sounds obvious, but that's exactly what needs to be done.

Well since you have already remapped your air brakes and have hit a dead end, maybe try mapping your air brakes back to L2R2 just for this [I'm pretty sure that's what I did as you don't need to touch any other controls when attempting it], there is finer control with L2R2, but like a lot of others I don't like using the default for normal racing.

TNitaliano
27th January 2011, 12:28 AM
Got It! Managed to get to zone 78 just now. It just clicked all of a sudden and Mach 1 seemed to slow down quite a bit. I got to it with 100 health again, and didn't take damage for the first 5 zones in. Pretty proud. :rock

CPROSICK
27th January 2011, 02:49 AM
sometimes the music slow down the processing while playing 'zone'mode

the Sycopia track seemed easiest for me...Anulpha pass has that crazy split and narrow section...took a while...

Internal view i've got almost 80 I think,,,I noticed some on the Leaderboards 140,150!!???:rock probably not internal view

I've been flying lousy lately,,,need REDBULL maybe
~C

Colonel
27th January 2011, 05:41 PM
On Anulpha you should basically be able to get Zone Zeus just using air brakes for much of the 75 zones needed.
Have you tried adjusting you air brake sensitivity?
A lower percentage = Higher sensitivity in Wipeout, a lot of use race with 70% or less, and have air brakes re-mapped to L1R1 instead of L2R2.

Granted I've not played with the controller configuration (always stuck with the default settings) but that seems wildly optimistic. I've done about 3,000 laps of Anulpha and only recently been getting to Supersonic. Maybe I'm just sh*t though :lol

TNitaliano, good effort. The practice paid off.

Eloï
27th January 2011, 05:51 PM
Edit: wrong thread.

TNitaliano
27th January 2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks, Colonel. All the success you guys have at this game just drives me to get better. I paused the game to take a pic as soon as I hit 75. I'll have to post it.

feisar rocket
21st March 2011, 11:15 PM
I can't get " beat zico" ( if thats how you spell or if thats what it's called) Tips please...?

blackwiggle
21st March 2011, 11:20 PM
All the help you need is available if you look at this link, there is even a video that breaks down beating Zico section by section.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7882&highlight=beat+zico+tutorial

feisar rocket
12th April 2011, 10:28 PM
I got Zone Zeus on AP! It was hard (blew up 5 times at zone 74) but, I got it on my 6th try.

Setup: A distraction (talking on the phone), HUD effects, music on (music made game slowed around zone 57)
Airbrakes: circle and square.
Accel: R2
That is it!

trackripper
17th August 2011, 09:31 PM
Wooo! Beat Zico today, 30.79, just :P

Tips: Sideshift over speed pads. It's not noticeable normally, but when running with a ghost which didn't sideshift over speed pads, the difference is enormous, especially when every tenth of a second counts.

Oh and I feel the Piranha HD is better for this than the Furyanha, it feels lighter and seems to get air more easily IMO.

Colonel
30th September 2011, 08:35 AM
Finally finished editing and uploading the "Elite Campaign Legend" videos, thank God. It's hardly exhibition stuff to be honest, by the time I got to Meltdown I couldn't really be arsed to be honest. Seemed like a good idea when I started it :lol

Anyway, here they are...

Uplift (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWeZtYPWLT8)

Warped (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WxXnuMhX_8)

Frenzy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHs9H951Rwk)
Frenzy (Part 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zGTtk9RPhA)

Vertigo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYMbCjHZ78)
Vertigo (Part 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KyHyDHI9_w)

Head Rush (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3n3DJN3xMc)
Head Rush (Part 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Bn6QSdTZM)

Speed Freak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB1rnF49h28)
Speed Freak (Part 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moi_EvxjXOk)

Dropzone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qVC45O3aPs)
Dropzone (Part 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WLRoRz_2Cs)
Dropzone (Part 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pcrNpoYF8)

Meltdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBKJj1cfxgk)
Meltdown (Part 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpLRm5kgleM)
Meltdown (Part 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MfhKreTg98)

Channel Page (http://www.youtube.com/user/GaddafiColonel)

D_1998_BR
3rd November 2011, 01:01 PM
Beat Zico is easier than it seems,try side-shifting through corners and making them as close to the wall as possible,don't miss a barrel roll opportunity or your done,in straight parts keep on a straight line.My best so far is 29.54 (Number 28 global,but the leaderboards didn't update yet).After some tries you will surely do it.After some more tries you will beat him on your 2nd lap easily :)

Zone Zeus is quite hard,as i did it only once when i was bored (anulpha pass zen-cruising relaxes me).Got to zone 70 and magically i stopped hitting walls then got to zone 89...My average zone is 73,i never got to supersonic again...

Elite Campaign Legend is by far the hardest trophy in the game for me.Takes way too long to beat those Elite Phantom AIs at Meltdown (You will get angry on that single race on chengou project).Tournaments are quite fair,since you just need to get 2nd or 3rd everytime to snatch that gold medal.Speed laps,zones and Time Trials are easy,the problem is the AI-based games.

With some effort you will get Transcendent when your less expecting it :g

~D~

james1976
5th November 2011, 08:12 PM
I skimmed the first 31 pages of this thread and didn't see the question so I'm gonna ask it.

Here's the one I'm having trouble with.

"Flatland Flyer - Bronze Trophy - Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma"

How do you get enough air to even do a barrel roll on this track? There aren't any jumps. :|

trackripper
5th November 2011, 09:57 PM
Last hairpin corner, take the speed pad on the exit, then airbrake left and aim for the track, which should give you just enough air to BR as there is a little ridge on the left hander.

See Hellfire's video tutorials or any video of forum members on Moa Therma for clarification :)

james1976
7th November 2011, 05:19 PM
^ Thanks for the tip. I might get it yet.

Archon
14th November 2011, 05:52 AM
I lack a second Dualshock 3. Is there any way to finagle split-screen races using only one controller so I can earn "Gemini?"

amplificated
14th November 2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/109648-gemini-trophy-one-controller.html

Archon
15th November 2011, 05:17 AM
Got it! I ran Venom time trials on TDR reverse, finished with 1st player, then barrel rolled 2nd player off the bridge and into the mountains until he blew. Da Bomb is next. I think I'm going to try Vineta K or Mallavol to avoid the bombs spawning in unreachable places. Then it's on to the hardest of all... Stats Life--er I mean, Zone Zeus!

Colonel
19th November 2011, 10:29 AM
Well I finally finished my trophy videos. They've taken much longer than I planned, real life has got in the way sadly. Anyway here they are. I hope they're of use to someone, I know there are many great vids out there, but here's my humble contribution...

Flatland Flyer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogT351obkFg)
Motion Master (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF8k_O0zyu8)
Amphi-scenic route (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhi0R9o8qdg)
Sharp Shooter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb8tdiVFg3s)
Stay On Target (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTFoyM3ko6Y)
Cannon and On (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YeoshywHW0)
Da Bomb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OscsPpkAzA0)
Elimin18 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-4UZddLiEA)
Hold Your Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGuFl6AVrtI)
Just Passing Through (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qqsqqHz4U)
Zen Evasion / Zone Battle Legend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20AC8FMifBc)
Airbraker / Zone Zeus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AUqqmgsPmM)
Tournament Ace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bClgByzXOd0)
Beat Zico (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhq3qEfOkrE)
Arcade Perfect - Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC2KnlqKnaw)
Arcade Perfect - Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5jxEnFYhbg)

Channel Page (http://www.youtube.com/user/GaddafiColonel)

Cheers,

Adam :)

Azurooth
20th November 2011, 03:15 PM
Truly well done on the videos Gadam. =)

docfo4r
17th February 2012, 06:35 AM
I have a question for you guys. I am heading for the "Elite Campaign Legend" throphy, actually the second last thropy missing for me...
Actually everything was pretty easy or good to handle until Meltdown.
I already finished most of the events, including the speed laps and time trials. But I stuck at winning races on Chenghou Project, Sol 2 or Sebenco Climb. Especially on Chenghou Project I am happy [well, rather fortunate] if I can finish the race without destroying my ship. I finish on the last place most of the time, even the field is directly infront of me.
I am desperate... How is it possible to win this race??? I have to admit I even tried that pilot assistance system but that's utter crap... Steers you away from one wall directly into the opposite wall.
Is there a special trick where to use turbo and what else to do? I was not even close to win it after 1 week of trying...

zdravkelja
17th February 2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah, Chengou is the most anoying one. It took me more than 20 tries to win that race. Than i switched to Feisar and got it on the 3rd try. I have the impression they are slower when I use Feisar and it's great ship for the Meltdown races.
Keep trying and stay focused. For hard places: use sideshift on the first 90 turn, barrel roll on both jumps. Than on that wide bend pitch nose of the ship down so you have more control. Else should not be so hard. Absorb everything except when you are 2nd and you can use rocket to overtake the leader or if you have shield and are in the middle of the pack. Use turbo after the 90 turn, after the wide bend or after the last pair of bends. Ideally you can overtake the leader after 3 or 4 laps.
Sol 2, I got it on the first try with Feisar, I was probably a little bit lucky, I got turbo in every lap.
Sebenco was one of the easier, but I love that track and I'm good on it. Sideshift every bend and hit speedpads on every. If you hit speed pad after the 4th, barrel roll on the big straight fall before the tunel. Tunel exit is ideal place for turbo.

docfo4r
17th February 2012, 02:26 PM
Thank you for your tips. I will keep that in mind and keep on practicing.

I won Sol 2 forward in a single race [for the "perfect pilot" thropy] with Feisar pretty easy surprisingly... But in the campaign I somehow can't make it. And I used Feisar everytime for every race so now I switched to Piranha on Chenghou. Will post a video from today of my failure as soon YouTube is ready with the upload. Maybe you guys find I am doing something wrong :P

And thanks for the tips on Sebenco, *sigh* I have a free weekend infront of me, so I hope I can win at least one of these races.

Oh btw: I won the Ubermall race on difficult & phantom in the campaign but in the stats it didn't get added to the list to optain the perfect pilot thropy. Campaign races do not count?

DreamyElf
17th February 2012, 02:39 PM
Oh btw: I won the Ubermall race on difficult & phantom in the campaign but in the stats it didn't get added to the list to optain the perfect pilot thropy. Campaign races do not count?

If I remember correctly and you are reffering to the arcade perfect trophy, you need to win the 8 main tracks in single races both the fwd and the rev versions. Do this by selecting single race/Phantom/Elite from the main menu.
So to answer your question, no, I don't think campaign wins count towards the trophy.

docfo4r
17th February 2012, 02:41 PM
Alright then, makes sense now! Thanks

EDIT: I won the race! Unbelieveable! I picked the normal HD Feisar instead of the Fury Piranha. And before I picked the Fury Piranha I always raced with the Fury Feisar. Was it really a matter of the choice of the race craft??
Anyway: Here is my noobish Piranha fail video from this morning. Even I won the race now, I am not so happy because I think I still don't have enough skill to repeat wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fz7CCwjgk50

zdravkelja
17th February 2012, 04:41 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that even though I had Fury, I played HD campaign with HD crafts.

Judging by that video, you have to learn the track a little bit better and learn sideshifts. Seriously. I have played so long without them. And then, month ago, I picked the game again, finally learned to use them properly and it drastically improved my results. Suffice to say that since I got into the game again, I won probably more than 80% of races I entered online.

docfo4r
17th February 2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I know. You're right. I actually never used sideshift in WHD except for the Zico thropy. For me it's difficult to launch a sideshift. I tried it, it won't happen while steering, is that the same for you? I always have to leave the left analog stick straight for making a sideshift.

zdravkelja
17th February 2012, 06:33 PM
I have never used analog stick but it should work. For examle, Chengou 90 degree turn, steer left, one long, two short airbrake taps and you shold be able to hit speedpad on the left.

Liod19
25th May 2012, 05:29 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get the double kill-trophy?
First I thought I would get this automatically just by racing against the AI, but was never lucky. And after a hundreds of races deliberately shooting the AI I still don't have it.
So can anyone tell me which track, speed class or ship is best to shoot them? (I guess it's Triakis) And is it better to set them on Novice or Elite?

docfo4r
25th May 2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I can't recall how exactly I did it. All I know is that I used Feisar and raced on Moa Therma fwd.

I'd say, use novice and slow speed since you will have more time to aim correctly and you won't waste too much time catching up with the field. Make out one enemy and shot him only, then go to the next one...
But on the other hand, on novice you will only have 3 laps to go... You need to find a balance for yourself and practice. That's how I did it :)

Liod19
25th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Ok, thanks for the help anyway. I'll try it again and again and again... God, I'm so annoyed by this trophy already <.<

docfo4r
25th May 2012, 07:06 PM
I felt the same way. Sorry I can't come up with an universal solution :( Maybe someone else figured an easy way...

Liod19
26th May 2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I got it. I used Triakis and raced on Moa Therma.
Along with some other nice trophies like Beat Zico and Elite Campaign Legend.
Now it's only three more trophies to got for Platinum: Zone Zeus, Airbraker and Perfect Pilot. :D

docfo4r
26th May 2012, 11:05 PM
Congrats!!!

Airbraker... This one is actually pretty easy I think. I got that one on Syncopia after the second attempt. If you got your airbrakes on R2 L2, you can always make sensible movements in the corners.
Good luck with your last 3 trophies ;)

Liod19
30th May 2012, 12:13 AM
Yes! Finally got Zone Zeus. This was included with so much swearing on my side, not only due to the fact that you can't see a f***ing thing on Mach1.
I managed to get Perfect Pilot a few days ago, so only Airbreaker's left for my Plat. Hope you're right on this one, doc. I can't stand this bloody zone thing much longer ;)

docfo4r
30th May 2012, 04:51 AM
Needs a little bit of practice at first and beware, if you press the button too hard or too fast, you will end up in the wall... If you see you are about to scratch the wall, better scratch it instead of an overpowered countersterring which makes you fully crash.
After getting Zone Zeus, I am sure you will beat this one aswell soon :)

Liod19
30th May 2012, 08:49 AM
Got it on first attempt. Was a piece of cake, as you said. And thanks for your advice.
And now... Transcendence! Yeeeaaah! Took me exactly 4 months to accomplish it.

docfo4r
30th May 2012, 02:34 PM
Congrats Liod19!!!!

Liod19
30th May 2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks, doc :)

amjw
1st July 2012, 10:37 PM
i now only need 'bling brigade' and 'deadly momentum', the latter actually being rather hard to get.

edit: just got deadly momentum. bling brigade left and that's it! :)

Defjukie16
15th September 2012, 03:03 PM
I just recently beat Zico and the best way to win is the turn the pilot assist off first and don't put the analog stick down to put off a ground barrel roll unless you're really advanced. Use the boost from the lap before when coming into the next lap and when you're turning into the first turn, in the speed pad on the other side of the track instead of the one in the middle, so hit the first speed pad on the right, then the one on the left then the last one on the right, then side shift to the left side of the track. Then don't hold up on the analog stick in the dip, just hold the analog stick down when you come the the bump after the dip. Then barrel roll and land only to come into a second barrel roll in the turn BUT DON'T HOLD DOWN ON THE SECOND BARREL ROLL, if you do, you'll over shoot the speed pads and you need the one on the left to pass through and have that speed and also the barrel roll. Make sure you hit two out of the three speed pads on the up coming turn then stay to the left side of the track only to gradually go to the right side and barrel roll on to the top track WHICH IS THE HARDEST ONE! Then stay on the top track only to fall on to the speed pad to your left below to barrel roll one last time onto the speed pad and finish the lap. If you find more barrel rolls spots or/and cut time on your turns, you should win.

Defjukie16
15th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Add JeNNy_OskaR and add her with a bling brigade mentioned in the friend request. More details are here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?5329-quot-Bling-Brigade-quot-Volunteers/page300

PaulFro
30th March 2013, 02:29 PM
I have found two ways two barrel roll on Moa Therma. the second way is after the serptel overpass go off the speed pad to the right and use your turbo to BR over the giant rock. *this is only possible with a turbo*

leungbok
31st March 2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivHNXTxlUM 15/2/2009 ;)

PaulFro
31st March 2013, 07:32 PM
problem is how much you airbrake though.

leungbok
1st April 2013, 08:34 AM
problem for what ??? :eek

PaulFro
1st April 2013, 08:23 PM
if you airbrake too much you will either go flying into the tower or crash into the wall.either way its loses valuable seconds.

leungbok
1st April 2013, 08:59 PM
thanks for advice, but you can check my ranking for phantom speedlap moa therma, you'll see that i don't lose that much seconds even when i airbrake ;)

JFthebestJan
2nd April 2013, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ0yauG4AHI

PaulFro
2nd April 2013, 06:56 PM
its true what you say. no problem. btw i think i saw that same phantom moa therma video from i guess the same username "badtesterz". i was wondering thats you, right?

leungbok
2nd April 2013, 07:24 PM
Badtesterz is my youtube account. ;)