PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the craft

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 03:46 PM
So, maybe it's a little early for this, but how would everyone rank the craft so far. Is Piranha still going to be the top tier machine, or is another team moving up the ranks.

Which team do you think will dominate the leaderboards?

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 03:50 PM
I'm gonna make a bold statement here by predicting that AG-SYSTEMS will dominate the Tables at Phantom speeds. Yes, AG-SYSTEMS.

Flashback Jack
26th September 2008, 03:50 PM
Interesting prediction, Habib. Suppose we'll see.

- F

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 03:51 PM
:eek
Care to back that up with a reason for your bold claim?

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 03:52 PM
well, because acceleration is EVERYTHING in phantom.

Flashback Jack
26th September 2008, 03:54 PM
:eek
Care to back that up with a reason for your bold claim?

I am one of those reasons. :)

- F

RJ O'Connell
26th September 2008, 03:54 PM
With how much acceleration is weighted I'm actually shocked most people aren't picking Goteki 45 as the potential "ruler of all ships"! o_o'

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 03:59 PM
because it's ass-heavy!

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 04:00 PM
Hmmm, I only played with Piranha last night (only got around 3 hours to play) looks like I need to play with some other craft.

RJ O'Connell
26th September 2008, 04:03 PM
because it's ass-heavy!
Good point. Thrust and Handling matter the most, but I'd like to think that a craft's overall performance is much, much, much too lenient towards those two attributes since Fusion.

Axel
26th September 2008, 04:08 PM
I was playing with ColdRem earlier and his acceleration was so getting on my nerves. Especially on the tight tracks lol. AG-system does seem like a nice craft for TT.

Darkdrium777
26th September 2008, 05:02 PM
I am using Goteki, I have had troubles on the reverse tracks on Phantom because I did not know them, but I've played the forwards on Single Race with Elite AI and since that AI really pushes you to the max well AFAIK I'm at the top for these tracks with G45.
The acceleration of Goteki is almost instantaneous, the only times you will slow down is because of a bomb, rockets in a sharp turn or missile in a sharp turn. You have to get used to the handling though, but once you are there's no more need for those panels on the sides of the tracks. ;)

Lance
26th September 2008, 05:45 PM
I am one of those reasons. :)

- F

Mike, I'm concerned that you may lack sufficient self-confidence. ;)

fusionfrenzy
27th September 2008, 12:11 AM
I'm using Goteki. I love Goteki and the moment I saw it, I knew it'd be my most used team. What a craft, ive been destroying newbies online in my yellow wondercraft.

Icaras gives me a fuzzy feeling too, the speed is phenomenal.

It might just be the Wipeout 3 nostalgia of course. But those are definitely my favourites.

Ota
27th September 2008, 12:34 AM
because it's ass-heavy!
Not a bad thing to be. Hares are "ass-heavy" as well. Thats why they excel in tight turns.

Sugar_from_OTW
27th September 2008, 12:58 AM
I like the egx 'cos it's pretty, but its pretty much the harimau with worse sheild.

Ota
27th September 2008, 01:38 AM
ag-sys and piranha were my fav's back then, yet assegai seems still a bit imba.

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 08:06 AM
I've been knocking out TT and Speed Laps for gold no problem with my buddy Qirex!

metalpancake
27th September 2008, 09:13 AM
You guys won't beleive this, but I have taken to flying Triakis online, and it's not just because I'm from Australia! The ship seems to handle better than it used to, and the sheild is of coarse as you would expect excellent.

I was using AG systems, but I found that everytime I did a barrel roll in phantom (or any other speed class) The low energy warning came on.:redface:

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 09:15 AM
Uhm, the shield on Icaras is way lower than the shield on AG-SYSTEMS...

Somehow I don't like the way the Qirex feels at all... it feels so slow :?
I really like the new Auricom, though, very good for high-action multiplayer.

metalpancake
27th September 2008, 09:19 AM
Does anyone else feel the same way I do about Mirage? It Just seems to oversteer at everything....

Or maybe it's just my driving....:D

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 09:34 AM
I like Mirage, it's a pretty agile ship, actually. I am only bothered by how wide it is...

metalpancake
27th September 2008, 10:12 AM
It looks like the wipEout equivelent of the VW beetle!:eek

Jambo
27th September 2008, 02:33 PM
Traditionally I have always used Qirex but, well don't think they are as good now. Been using a mixture of Qirex, Assegai, Icarus and AG Sys. basically I can't decide!

bakkufu
27th September 2008, 02:40 PM
I've always been an AG 5Y5 player myself, was chatting with El earlier and the accelleration over speed pads can also be quite an advantage, especially on high speed tracks.

The thing i'm finding tough ( apart from getting mines when I need forward firing weapons ) though is the initial "rumble" after the first few weapon pads, if I can break away or stay near the front I can usually do well, but weapons fire and getting rammed seem to be a lot harder to recover from.

Jambo
27th September 2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah I have noticed with the ships with lower shield that it is very easy to spend your time and items recharging your shield if you get mired in the pack from the start. Online I have noticed that if you get away you can stay away though.

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 03:18 PM
As bakkufu already said, AG-SYSTEM gets an INSANE boost on speed pads. I was observing that on Anulpha, on the narrow straight - with every speed pad he was getting a little further away from my Assegai! No chance to catch him!
In terms of acceleration, AG-SYS is definitely the uber-ship so far (seeing as top speed doesn't really matter all that much... :(), only downside is that it is quite flimsy. If you hit it hard, it stumbles A LOT. However, I was surprised to find that AG-SYS has shield stats 8/10!!! Isn't it supposed to be one of the lightest, if not THE lightest (save for Icaras) ship???

bakkufu
27th September 2008, 04:29 PM
it stumbles more than a lot lol, spent 7/8 races out of an online tournament mid table, trying to dodge between the sides of the track and weapons fire, it was only on Anulpha that I could confidently open the taps and move up the pack, but was a great feeling doing so, a feeling ive always had from flying 5Y5!

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 04:31 PM
Icaras is just fine online if you make it to the front ain't no one going to catch you. I think I was still catching mostly scrubs, but I won about 15+ races in a row with it last night on Rapier and phantom class.

Mad-Ice
28th September 2008, 09:34 AM
I hear some of you talk a lot about the thrust of AG-Systems, that it is the fastest! But what about the thrust from the Goteki45? Shouldn't the thrust from the G45 be better than AGs'?

flashbax
28th September 2008, 11:43 AM
Do some of you guys use one ship for say speed lap, another for tourniment ect??? Or even based on the track your gonna be racing??? I've found my self swopping between Assegai for the twisty tracks and AG for the more flowing...Not come across any one yet off here was hoping to get some races in with some of u guys...

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 02:41 PM
Of course! I mainly use Icaras and AG-SYS for TT and Speed Lap (Icaras for straight tracks, AG for twisty ones), Assegai or Auricom online (depending on how heavy I think the resistance will be ;)), and any team I still need loyalty points for in Zone :D

captain howdy
28th September 2008, 03:38 PM
I've only spent time with the first four or five ships (Feisar, Qirex, Piranha, AG-Systems, and Triakis) and AG is definitely my favorite one. It's more or less the only ship I use in online mode now.

Axel
28th September 2008, 03:49 PM
I have been using Assegai solidly apart from the one time I accidentally chose Feisar for a online game. Still won :). Feisar seems to have a very nice balance to the craft I see.

ColdRem'S
28th September 2008, 04:02 PM
As Axel said a few post before, I'm an AG-Sys pilot, I love this team since the 1rst Wipe. I always use an AG-Sys for online and offline racing in Phantom for its fantastic thrust, however, just like eLhabib said, I like the Icaras for TT. I may also give the Assegai a try even if I really don't like its design.

Wip3ou7
28th September 2008, 05:07 PM
Actually I was playing G45 last night and I was quite impressed. Same stats as AG-SYS for speed and shield, but it has max thrust and one step down on the handling, which actually just makes it feel more civilized and less twitchy... I am an AG-SYS fan, but G45 may be growing on me.

Renegäde
28th September 2008, 07:17 PM
Ive been using AGS through most of the Wipeout series and I started off the same in this but after unlocking the Icarus craft, I havent left it alone! I love the looks (big fan of the single hull craft) and have had plenty of online wins with it. Long as I get the boost start and get away smoothly its just a case of keeping it clean. That said, the craft that excell in acceleration seem to be the pace setters across the game modes.