PDA

View Full Version : distinctive engine sounds

Lion
26th September 2008, 09:40 AM
so the ships each make their own special sound.. anyone else found themselves getting uptight and getting a feeling of dread when they hear the didgeridoo sound from the triakis?

nice that the ship from the outfit with it's headquarters in australia has an engine sound that reflects it :)

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 09:48 AM
I'm more concerned with Qirex sounding like a shaver! :P
Icaras sounds cool though, like a huge propeller engine!

Wip3ou7
26th September 2008, 09:49 AM
I havent really noticed the difference under normal gameplay.

SouthendRage
26th September 2008, 10:06 AM
Cool, i'll have to trun the music down and see how the Pirahna sounds.

Funny how the Triakis sounds :D

chri5
26th September 2008, 10:23 AM
I love the sound you get if you release the power then hit it again 8)

Casshern1981
26th September 2008, 11:04 AM
Is it me or there is kind of a turbo/exhaust sound when you slow down then go back to full speed ? cool sound though... i didn't notice that in pure or pulse...or any other wipeout game...

HydrogLox
26th September 2008, 12:31 PM
I love the sound you get if you release the power then hit it again
Like a large gas furnace being lit; whoosh-bang, more of the latter, less of the former.

Flashback Jack
26th September 2008, 02:31 PM
so the ships each make their own special sound..

Probably due to all my complaining over the last year about the generic ship sounds in Pulse and the desire to have the game come alive in symphonic, podracer-like glory (probably an issue of resource conservation considering Pulse pushed the PSP to its limits), but hey, I can pretend to take credit, eh? :)

- F

Asayyeah
1st October 2008, 09:27 AM
i also love this sound feature a lot : each ships with different 'vocals' that is truly a brilliant idea like those 'custom sounds SFX' with your music playlist if you select it : entering a tunnel and feel like an echo with your own music track is simply amazing and reenforce the immersive feeling.

fusionfrenzy
1st October 2008, 12:54 PM
The Icaras sounds amazing. Someone in some other thread said "lawnmower", but that couldnt be more wrong. It sounds like a stealth jet fighter diving towards earth, or something from War Of The Worlds approaching over the horizon harbouring imminent death. It's awesome!

Lance
1st October 2008, 03:27 PM
¿Or like the V1 flying "buzz bomb" of World War II?