PDA

View Full Version : How many races makes up a tournament?

jweaver
26th September 2008, 08:27 AM
When I read the reviews I was disheartened to learn that the online mode consisted of a "single race" or a "12 Race Tournament".. This was quite disheartening, as whilst I would like to play a Tournament on-line, 12 races are too many.

Last night I looked at the Tournament feature and there are indeed 12 races.. But do there have to be?

The format is a 'list' of 12 races, which by default are set to "None". You can then set a track against each race... So does this mean that you can set tracks against the first 4 and leave the remaining 8 at 'none', so that you only have a 4 race tournament?

I am assuming that this is the case.. But this brings me onto my next question..

If you are going to "join" a tournament, how can you see the number of races? I was looking around last night and found several 'tournaments' but there was no way of knowing whether they were 1 or 12 races long?

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Jon

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 08:31 AM
You can set up a tournament with UP TO twelve races, doesn't have to be twelve. Once you joined a lobby, you can see in the lower left part of the lobby screen, what tracks are gonna be part of the tourney.

Skvall
26th September 2008, 08:48 AM
Yes I noticed this too. They really should have the number of tracks in the list where you are searching for games. Having to join them to see that is just stupid.

jweaver
26th September 2008, 08:56 AM
You can set up a tournament with UP TO twelve races, doesn't have to be twelve. Once you joined a lobby, you can see in the lower left part of the lobby screen, what tracks are gonna be part of the tourney.

So you CAN see the number of races? I went into a tournement and could see the 'next' race, but scanned around the screen and didn't see any mention of the number of races, or the tracks which were going to be played.

I will look again later.

Cheers

Jon

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 09:47 AM
I just checked, and you can see all the tracks played even outside the lobby, from the list.

Skvall
26th September 2008, 10:32 AM
You can? I didnt see it, maybe because I was searching for a number. But thats good. :) would be nice with a number too though, if I didnt miss that one also.

jweaver
26th September 2008, 11:03 AM
Me too.. I shows the number of players ( i.e 5/8 ) and I assumed that it would say number of events too...

I am still sceptical.. I looked long and hard to see anything different between a 'tournment' and 'single race' and couldn't see it, so I am expecting this to be REALLY obvious :)

Out of interest, are all of the tournements shown ones which havn't started yet.. Or do they appear in the lobby after each race? What I am asking is whether you can join a tournement which is already running and, for example already on the 3rd race,?

Jon

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 12:42 PM
look at the BOTTOM of the screen... :rolleyes:

jweaver
26th September 2008, 12:56 PM
Popped home for lunch and had a look.. I can see it now.. Tiny writing just above the big icons..

This confirms my other question.. It seems that in between races the tournement re-appears in the Lobby.. So it is possible to join an Tournement part way through!

Jon

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 03:26 PM
What I find frustrating is that you can jump into a game thinking you're playing Moa Therma on Rapier, and then out of nowhere the host changes it to say Ubermall on Phantom and starts the match right away.

Not that I can't hang, but I want to try and finish the campaign and get more practice in before I hit Phantom class online.