PDA

View Full Version : So Is This just Pure On PS3???

Dav657
26th September 2008, 03:01 AM
Saw some previews and thats pretty much what it looked liked. Am not going to buy this game because i dont own and never will own a ps3. Please come to 360!!!

TheFrostE
26th September 2008, 03:02 AM
its not coming out for 360, and its not pure for ps3 :). its amazing

mclarensmps
26th September 2008, 04:05 AM
What exactly is your point here?

Darkdrium777
26th September 2008, 04:38 AM
Well really it's too bad for you.

stin
26th September 2008, 05:45 AM
PURE!!!!

You live in a slightly different planet here!,

Try and play HD`s Zone!!!, it`s outstanding!

stevie:)

Asayyeah
26th September 2008, 08:23 AM
Stevie i fully agree with U !

Dav, trust me, it's not pure even it's based on Pure tracks mostly but the look of them, the gameplay, the new features implemented in here is simply AMAZING

Trade your 360 for a black monolith cause you ll NEVER see a Wipeout onto the 'Red circle of the Death-machine' :green

Ota
26th September 2008, 12:55 PM
Please come to 360!!!
Hmmm, I think "not even after hell froze over" would be a quite fitting description. ;)

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 12:59 PM
There's Pure and Pulse tracks, yes, but it doesn't feel like I'm playing either of those at all. Before HD I wasn't yet convinced of how much graphics can make a difference, but once again a WipEout game made me change my mind! ;)

Kb0nEZ
26th September 2008, 01:07 PM
So, I know there are tracks from both Pure and Pulse, but what about the handling mechanics? Are they more responsive like Pulse's, a little floatier like Pure's, just perfect like 2097, or a beast all their own?

I know the graphics are great and all people but I want to know about the gameplay! :D :+

Fascia
26th September 2008, 01:46 PM
The best way to describe them would be half way between pure and pulse, floaty like pure, responsive like pulse, and bounce like 2097.

Skvall
26th September 2008, 01:46 PM
I would say its not as good as 1,2097 and 3 (its less floaty). And that its more like Pulse than Pure, but not exactly like pulse either.
I like it more than Pure and Pulse and less than 1,2097,3. =P

Ota
26th September 2008, 05:57 PM
Agreed. No Wipeout after ever had that sim feeling again. Still HD is great. Gotta train the tracks alot now. Never got warm with Pulse or Pure regrettably.

Dogg Thang
26th September 2008, 06:08 PM
To me, this feels like Pulse rather than Pure, albeit with mostly Pure tracks and a far more pleasing front-end. I guess whether that is a good thing or bad thing would come down to personal preference.

Lance
26th September 2008, 06:08 PM
Sounds like the person who started the thread has not been paying attention lately. It is better to ask informed questions and to make informed statements.

Rapier Racer
26th September 2008, 06:48 PM
The 360 couldn't handle this.. run along now.

Fascia
26th September 2008, 07:17 PM
I'm one of those people who wish WipEout HD was on every platform, with cross-platform multiplayer. I know that the license is now owned by sony, but the more people who have access to WipEout, the better in my opinion.

Ota
26th September 2008, 07:20 PM
Thats like asking for Zelda on a Non-tendo platform. :)

Lance
26th September 2008, 07:24 PM
It is a near-certainty that WipEout will never again be seen on a console not manufactured by and/or marketed by Sony.

metalpancake
27th September 2008, 09:39 AM
Thats like asking for Zelda on a Non-tendo platform. :)

Or pokemon on a playstation:D

G'Kyl
27th September 2008, 09:46 AM
It is a near-certainty that WipEout will never again be seen on a console not manufactured by and/or marketed by Sony.

Just like Sonic would never run on a Nintendo console? ;-)

Axel
27th September 2008, 10:09 AM
Hahahaha so true. We can never say never. Anything can happen in this Industry. but there is always a chance that SL could break away and take their IP's with them (Sony willing). But thats unlikely :)

Lance
27th September 2008, 10:25 PM
Just like Sonic would never run on a Nintendo console? ;-)

That only happened because SEGA went out of the console business, and had to start making games for other people's consoles in order to survive. This is highly unlikely to happen to Sony. :D

------

Axel, how is SL going to break away when Sony owns them 100 percent? They're not a contract house. And Sony owns the IP, too.

[tries to envision SL buying itself back] hmm... I can't see it.

cybrpnk
27th September 2008, 11:31 PM
*pictures Colin, Egg, Crob, captaingrim and the SL gang in Kutaragi's office*

"Cmon Ken...please...pretty please???...pretty pretty please with a cherry on top???...how bout I race you for it???"...*cracks out SIXAXIS and fires up HD*

HydrogLox
27th September 2008, 11:51 PM
how is SL going to break away when Sony owns them 100 percent? They're not a contract house. And Sony owns the IP, too.

Remember Curly Monsters Ltd.? Just because it can't be called Wipeout doesn't mean it can't embody its spirit, all legalities aside. It's a question of timing, the will to navigate the legal minefield and most importantly having a large enough (genre) audience (which seems to be pre-dominantly in the European region).

cybrpnk
27th September 2008, 11:55 PM
My exact thoughts on a Rollcage Resurrection...but then...I'm wandering off topic here...*hits airbrake, does a barrel roll, and steers back onto track*

Crob
27th September 2008, 11:58 PM
Remember Curly Monsters Ltd.?

sure do... if only they were still making wipeout-type games ;)

Lance
28th September 2008, 12:05 AM
HydrogLox, of course I remember Curly Monsters, but that was a new company, not one owned by Sony. Nick Burcombe, co-creator of the original WipEout plus a few other members who had worked at SL back in the old days, started an entirely new company. The game they created was not WipEout nor could it be called WipEout and that is the only reason why it was on another console. SL and Wipeout are firmly in the 'hands' of Sony.

Crob
28th September 2008, 12:10 AM
SL and Wipeout are firmly in the 'hands' of Sony.

and so are curly monsters for that matter :)

Lance
28th September 2008, 12:23 AM
Well, at least Nick is working for SL again. :) How locked-in he is would be another matter. :D

Crob
28th September 2008, 12:33 AM
Curly was founded by Andy Satterthwaite, Nick B, Lee Carus, Neil Thompson, Martin Linklater and Chris Roberts (a programming legend by all accounts :nod).

The last 5 are all back at Liverpool and you'll find them all (except Andy who's in NZ at Sidhe) in the credits for HD.

edit: Except for Nick, who you won't find actually...

Darkdrium777
28th September 2008, 12:33 AM
To answer the poster's question, since the mods and the devs have done a good job of getting away from it (:P), this is not just PurE on PS3. This is much more than PurE. So much more that it is indescribable, you have to try it out for yourself to understand, and that means you have to get a PS3 ;)

Last edited by Lance; Today at 09:00 PM. Reason: USELESS QUOTATION ELIMINATED. READ THE GUIDELINES AND FOLLOW THEM <<= it's just getting funny IMHO :lol

Crob
28th September 2008, 01:02 AM
...and I was about to say, only Linky worked on Pure, so of course they're very different in that respect. :P

(see I was on topic, you just didn't let me finish...)

Lance
28th September 2008, 04:45 PM
Your admirable humility is noted, Mr. Roberts. :twisted ;)

And thanks for the detail. :+

[I wish CM had survived. You guys were doing excellent things. N`Gen Racing included.]

Shozovulnai
28th September 2008, 09:21 PM
N-Gen Racing... now that brings back memories. It was very awesome back then, the lesser part of the futuristic weapon racing game trinity of WipEout, Rollcage and N-Gen on PSOne. N-Gen was one unique game and back then I liked the soundtrack, although my tastes might've changed over the years. Some tracks were addicting (Cook Islands and its massive shortcut) while some were terrible (Kohn Lake Raceway, never liked it). And SR-71 was THE aircraft!

Oh, sorry about the offtopic, I was just reminiscentin'.

RJ O'Connell
29th September 2008, 03:19 AM
I wanted to see what would come of Quantum Redshift Solaris. Especially on the Three-Six-Oh.

It was a fun game with a good concept ruined by cutscenes that were tragically bad. (Maybe a comic book style would suit it best.)

Oh well.

The first post is a trolling attempt, right? Please tell me it is. -_-

Harvai
29th September 2008, 07:58 AM
If that first post was a trolling attempt, then I'd say succesful troll was sucessful!

I'd love to play HD, but, like a few other people here, can't afford/justify buying a PS3 for one game. Most of the other games I'd want I already own on my xbawks. (Although I'd get UT3 again, pretty good no user content there, microsoft...)

I've seen a few screenshots and...and...it looks beautiful! I might see if my local Gametraders store has it on their PS3. (****, I'd never leave...)