PDA

View Full Version : Single button airbrake/sideshift support?

Frances_Penfold
26th September 2008, 01:44 AM
Sorry in advance to contribute to the overall chaos of this board.

There are many options for configuring the controller in WOHD-- much appreciated, BTW-- but I can't figure out how to make WOHD play with single button airbrake/sideshift.

Anybody else figure this out? Or is single button control now extinct in Wipeout?! :|

cybrpnk
26th September 2008, 01:46 AM
you could maybe make left and right airbrake R1 and R2 respectively...so you only need two fingers on the one hand to airbrake...maybe that won't work now that I think about it...cause pressing both airbrakes will bring you to stop...hmmm

Frances_Penfold
26th September 2008, 05:22 AM
I don't want to de-volve this thread into a control discussion, as there is already a thread for that topic.

But in Pure/Pulse, there is a single button airbrake/sideshift option, in which one button (usually a shoulder button) plus direction is used for a airbrake, while another button (usually the other shoulder button) plus direction is used for side shift.

Most folks use the traditional control scheme (shoulder button pressed once is airbrake, twice is side-shift) but for a few of us, the single button method is the norm.

I can't find a way to enable single button airbrake/sideshift, so it's very frustrating to play WOHD-- my normal button use pattern crashes me into walls left and right.

Anything I am missing? :(

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that option doesn't exist... it was called into life for the PSP version, for lack of ergonomics, but I don't think it's available in HD. You'll just have to learn it the 'normal' way!

phl0w
26th September 2008, 09:39 AM
What the hell is "single button airbrake"?

Asayyeah
1st October 2008, 09:21 AM
Actually phlOw in pulse you had 2 different setup for airbrakes : the original one ( simply double tapping on one airbrake gives you a sideshift) but there's another one you need to press an airbrake + the left or right arrow to do the sideshift : i haven't heard any of my friends who did this : feel so unatural and useless

Frances_Penfold
1st October 2008, 08:54 PM
Heh, it probably *is* unnatural and useless but somehow, that is how I learned to play both Pure and Pulse :D

If you do lots of sideshifting in your racing, I think the single button method may be preferable, because you can do it with a single button press. I have achieved some pretty decent times with single button control (though obviously not as good as Asayyeah/Mad-Ice/Kandang/Flashback) and would continue to use it in WOHD, if I could...

But I can't, unless Studio Liverpool releases a patch. Probably not gonna happen, given the relatively small number of folks that learned to use single button controls with Pure/Pulse. But I can dream ;)

Learning to use the more traditional control scheme in WOHD has been pretty hard for me, because I had to over-ride my natural instincts for controlling the game. I'm still not there fully yet though am getting better. I'm trying to play Pure and Pulse at the same time so I don't loose my single button sideshifting abilities while adding a more traditional control approach to my toolbox.

Lance
2nd October 2008, 05:59 AM
"I had to over-ride my natural instincts for controlling the game."

Natural instincts or pre-learned responses?

Asayyeah
2nd October 2008, 12:25 PM
Post Epileptic HD Red/eyes Disorder disabled Nerves impulse :dizzy

Gonna we all die? :eek