PDA

View Full Version : "My Ranking" features appears to be broken

jweaver
25th September 2008, 10:42 PM
Has anyone else looked at the 'Records'?

When you do a GLOBAL view, the square button is ment to take you to "My Ranking", but it doesn't work.

If I choose a track and do a PERSONAL view, I can see that I have times, but if I go to the GLOBAL view, it starts at position 1, and I can go to "my ranking".

Interestingly, after playing around, i have found that for the track "VINETA K" the list auto sorts to my rank (which is currently a disappointing 2597).. If I scroll up/down and then hit "square" it takes me back to my rank.. So, the feature kind of works.

But for other tracks, my rank isn't shown!

Jon

Edit: After playing with the records some more, I think the problem is on the server, rather than with the game itself.. If I look at another track (i.e ANULPHA PASS) my personal best is 1:56.75.. If I then scroll down the GLOBAL rankings and get to 1:56.75 I am not shown.

I notice, at the end of the leaderboards, there are 100s of players with times showing -:--.- and nothing against 'team' or 'speed pads'.

I wonder if the server is simpy processing 1000s of stats and hasn't entered them into the leaderboard yet? Or worse.. Perhaps there is a problem with the stats and these times are lost?

Task
25th September 2008, 11:16 PM
I would take a wild guess that the boards where you don't see the time are created on a regular time interval (every hour or something) and haven't been re-generated recently. Check again tomorrow, see if it's up then.

Mad-Ice
26th September 2008, 07:42 AM
Yeah so strange, after the first few races I did it gave me the possibility to hit square and see my record compared to the worldrecords. After a break of 10 min. starting the game again this feature was gone!

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 07:46 AM
You just have to make sure you connect to the servers by clicking on 'online' before you start playing campaign.

Mad-Ice
26th September 2008, 08:54 AM
The first time I fired up the game I didn't press online and eventhough I had this option with square! I will try it this afternoon. Thanks.

Skvall
26th September 2008, 08:58 AM
I have the same problem after finishing a race in campaign. Sometimes I can see global highscore with the squarebutton, and sometimes i cant. Mostly it works though.. seems random.

jweaver
26th September 2008, 09:00 AM
That might make sense..

Last night, I played the campaign mode, then looked at records and I was not ranked.

I then went online and had a few games then switched off.. When I came back, I played 'campaign' some more, but didn't go online and after this noticed that my records now showed a rank against the first track.

I have a feeling that the rank its giving me now, is the result of my first session BEFORE I went online.... I will go online again later and see if my 'times' are updated.

Seems a bit of an oversight for them not to send your times automatically without the need to go 'online'.

Jon

Axel
26th September 2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah, maybe synchronize your times when the game loads up. Have it detect for a Internet connection first before doing so.

TheFrostE
26th September 2008, 07:39 PM
ive tried everything and nothing REALLY works. heres what i did. played zone in campaign and racebox in moa therma, AFTER selecting "online" and logging in, got about 96000 the first run, and 104000 something the second run, according to that i should be in first on the global boards for that, but im not on them at all. i also did more runs last night, testing out restarting HD and the ps3 and logging in again, and nothing still on boards, and i have finished first for grids and played plenty online....kinda sucks, but oh well, its wipeout HD!!!!
---
so i've heard apparently if you select the "records" tab something comes up that says "synchronizing records"? because mine doesn't do that...what am i missing?

Jack-L92
26th September 2008, 10:58 PM
ok so your time gets submitted to the leaderboards when you do a single race online - however when you do a tourny the races dont get put on the leaderboards, pretty sucky right?

the_Admiral
26th September 2008, 11:09 PM
It's not just me then!

I should have quite a few times in the Global Board for various race types, but none of them have shown up yet. A mate of mine bought and played the game after me, but his scores are posting.

Ie I have a Speed Lap for Vineta K on Rapier Speed at 24:40, which currently should put me in 2nd place globally after 24:23 in 1st and before 25:83 which is the current 2nd.

Other than this issue, the stuttering custom music and the text being a little too small on an SD TV, so far Wipeout HD is a really good game...

Axel
26th September 2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah I guess you can't go by the Global scores as well. I'm sure many people have beaten the scores on there. I'm sure SL will sort things out on Monday. For the weekend, they can relax for a good days work :)

Colin Berry
26th September 2008, 11:12 PM
The ranking tables are slowly starting to catch up afaik

But it will take a few days for the inital server surge to sort itself out

Most times I got last night have now appeared on the tables

the_Admiral
26th September 2008, 11:33 PM
I haven't seen any of my times from last night on the Global list.

Hopefully it's not an issue with my game install, but just the server as you say taking its time cos the game is just too popular and hence overloading the infrastructure...

Colin Berry
26th September 2008, 11:44 PM
Well I cant guarantee it, but times have been appearing thoughout the day, its taken nearly 20hrs for my times to start coming through in that time some friends have seen their times go up quicker. I think things will settle down soon enough.

Regarding any other potential issues, such as the freezing some folk had yesterday, some info is seemingly being given out here

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_G_Driving_wipeout&thread.id=323&view=by_date_ascending&page=15

Such as

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Right then guys - an update for you!

The issue revolves around your friends list - if you have 50 or more friendsthen Wipeout will crash when you attempt to move from one menu to another. Dont worry - this is not an issue with the PlayStation Network! It will likely require a minor software update.

The Gaming Team and Studio Liverpool have been notified, and are working very hard to bring you such an update.

In the mean time, there are some work-arounds I'd like to confirm for you:

Firstly, you can play the game with no problems offline. To do this, you can either disconnect your console from the internet, or neglect to sign-in when you start up your PS3.

Second, if you do wish to play online and are having these issues - try creating an alternative account. Be sure to keep that account's friends list under 50 though.

Finally, you can reduce the number of friends you have to below 50.

My personal recommendation is that you create an alternate account, and let your buddies know your new PSN via the Wipeout forum. I wouldn't want you all to go deleting your buddies!!!! I will set up a thread for this if you like - let me know here.

Once again, we're working solidly to get this sorted!!! I'll keep you updated - thanks to you all for being so patient.
MB
>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

I'm not sure what the turn around time will be on a potential fix, the sooner the better I hope (obviously). I know when I left work today there were guys working on it so fingers crossed it will be solved and tested asap

TheFrostE
27th September 2008, 01:00 AM
hey colin, thanks for the post, only thing about my issue is people say that it tells you that it is synchronizing your records when you select the records tab...mine doesn't say anything at all ever since last night, would that still fall under the category of the servers being overloaded

Keenan
27th September 2008, 12:48 PM
I can't see any of my times online at all, even after I've been online then went and played some racebox http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3073/confusedmm3.gif

Annoying because I had a 20.12 time on Phantom - Vineta K. (I actually hit a 19.98 but the electricity in my house turned off ><) And that would have put me top of the (small) leaderboard for that speed lap.

BaldyCurly
27th September 2008, 01:26 PM
Cheers Colin, will all local times hit the leadboards in the end then? Some of my online listed times are shamful compares to my improvements that only appear on personal/local.

Rubix42
27th September 2008, 04:14 PM
Hopefully my zone score on Anulpha sticks. If it updated my score right now, I'd be #9 on the leaderboard. The hard thing about this is that I think I'm doing well, but how many other people haven't uploaded that have done better.

Ah well, sounds like it will work itself out in a few days.

mangaroo
27th September 2008, 06:07 PM
hey colin, thanks for the post, only thing about my issue is people say that it tells you that it is synchronizing your records when you select the records tab...mine doesn't say anything at all ever since last night, would that still fall under the category of the servers being overloaded

The only time mine did that was when when i had previously manually disconnected from PSN and the next time i loaded up wipeout HD (after 1-2 days of not playing (was away :P ) ) it showed that message. But i've had it update without showing that message too, (and it didn't even update EVERYTHING when that message DID show). So i wouldn't worry too much!

Egg
27th September 2008, 06:16 PM
Finally, you can reduce the number of friends you have to below 50.

I've read in a few places today, that most people have had equal success by reducing their friend lists to 60.

TearsToShreds
27th September 2008, 09:30 PM
Meh, just got to zone 60 on Moa Therma (mach 1 speed, wooooah) and got around 11000 points but it's not updated on the time tables. :( Still, that was an awesome experience!

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 03:21 AM
Can anyone tell me why my game doesn't seem to synch with the ranking tables anymore? It used to do so everytime I went to the records section on thursday, but not anymore, even though I have tons of new records since... :(

TheFrostE
28th September 2008, 04:26 AM
hey el, not sure if this helps, but you had mentioned something about the game telling you when the records sync...mine never says anyhting like that, but my times and what not are uploading on their own. i think it just boils down to what colin said, the servers need to play catch up

Rubix42
28th September 2008, 04:27 AM
It synched up some of my scores, and it's none of my good ones, that is for sure.

I have a high score over 100k on Anulpha zone, and it gave me the 55k one?

Roz
28th September 2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I also have some times here that don't get uploaded to the boards. Actually, I don't think any of my scores are uploaded although I have the internets on... :(

Jambo
28th September 2008, 02:05 PM
I think its a case of them all updating but at a long time after it was set.

Roz
28th September 2008, 08:59 PM
OK, today when I entered the "Records" menu a synchronizing notice appeared to me. It was the first time it did, so I thought "Cool, finally my records can go on-line".

Well, they didn't... example: I have 1.36.82 in Single Race Vineta K Venom, so I should be 4th place behind the 1.36.33. Instead, I'm at the bottom of the list with not time at all!

Sumimasen
29th September 2008, 05:50 AM
I have been gradually whittling down my Venom/Anulpha Pass time trial, er... time, but none of my recent times have been sync'd. In fact, only my very first attempt (using the Assegai) has been logged. And that one is rubbish, as I got gold on my first lap, so the session ended there and then.

Looking through, only my first attempt for ANY record has been uploaded!

This is a pretty big flaw in an otherwise supreme game!

Is there any chance of getting it sorted?

Axel
29th September 2008, 07:22 AM
It's been noted by Colin in another post that they are looking into the issue, Basically the servers are playing catch up at the moment. They are taking around 2-3 days to update. Hopefully this should become instant over the week.

Roz
29th September 2008, 11:03 AM
This is weird. It finally synched one of my times but it wasn't even the best time I had on the track. Why bother synching when it wont post the best time I have? Weird!

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 01:36 PM
I had a 20.12 time on Phantom - Vineta K. (I actually hit a 19.98 but the electricity in my house turned off..

What ship was that record made with?

- F

sw1tch
29th September 2008, 03:36 PM
It have been 2 days now since my record didn't update...
They better be not lost ;x

G'Kyl
29th September 2008, 05:46 PM
They're still on your hard drive, so if all goes wrong there can always be an update which grabs all the data from all HD players' hard drives and throws it online. ;) Given the fact that Sony's got suffiicient sever capacity...

Colin Berry
29th September 2008, 06:59 PM
Someone server side (ie not our fault this one ! :P) needs to throw another Gerbil or ten on the wheel things should, catch up, eventually

Flashback Jack
29th September 2008, 11:16 PM
While you're there Colin, can you ask Tony to reset the Pulse server if it'll give the wipeout-game.com ranking tables a kick enough to force updates more recent than about three weeks ago? We'd appreciate it. :)

- F

Syntek
30th September 2008, 07:21 AM
this is weird. so my rank hasn't been updated at all yet, however i'm being pushed down to a lower rank.

:dizzy

when will this be fixed?

bakkufu
30th September 2008, 08:05 AM
here's hoping future updates will sort this as I'd really like to see what times people have come up with against my current one on Anulpha Pass :D

Axel
30th September 2008, 11:16 AM
Anulplha pass will be the TT track of choice for sure. People are shaving off mili seconds from what i can see so far :)

eLhabib
30th September 2008, 12:37 PM
I think that's only because of the Zico Trophy that this track is seeing so much activity right now... certainly won't be my first choice for TT (Ubermall...)

Axel
30th September 2008, 12:50 PM
Oh yes, Ubermall is a dream track. So smooth and fast with only 2 places I know to pull BR's. But TT is going the way of F-zero GX TT records. Yep, the snaking incident.....

Skvall
30th September 2008, 12:59 PM
I played Pulse but just barely touched Pure. So I had never played Ubermall before. But I really love that one. My favourite in the game without doubt. :)

Syntek
30th September 2008, 03:49 PM
I think that's only because of the Zico Trophy that this track is seeing so much activity right now... certainly won't be my first choice for TT (Ubermall...)

probably, but my record is in zone mode.

Rubix42
30th September 2008, 07:23 PM
I just can't wait to see what times are up on Sol, Uber and Sebenco once this is all sorted out. I'm constantly seeing my name in the top 10 when I finish a race or TT or whatever, but I know that is in no way going to stand up.

Sch@dows
30th September 2008, 09:42 PM
Indeed the feature is broken because I got the 7th on a time attack on metropia (frenzy capain) ^_~

Pretty proud of myself tough since I've got to see eLhabib name and I am (was ?) the first Assegai ship in ranking.

So I hope it is working ;รพ

Nunalho
30th September 2008, 09:44 PM
I wonder when will they fix it...i am looking at my records and they are 4 days old.

Insanor
30th September 2008, 11:16 PM
Hmm, I have some number one rank times - it's been 24 hours since, and I'm not on the boards yet. :(

rushin
30th September 2008, 11:24 PM
yeah still waiting for sundays times.. i had a 3rd place speed lap then, probably 3003 by now :dizzy

someone needs to kick the server harder :)

the thing is pretty much everyone who posts here will be quite relaxed about this, and to a certain extent the >50 friends problem. but to the hoards posting on the US and EU PS forums the situation is different, would be good to have some Sony PR happening there before ppl either get fed up and stop playing, or read the many ZOMG wipeout crashes threads and never bother trying it in the first place. which is bad for all of us..

Jambo
30th September 2008, 11:28 PM
Hehe the most obvious thing that says it isn't working is that some of my times (not uploaded yet) are faster than the fastest. And that's not going to happen!

Colin Berry
1st October 2008, 12:46 AM
I've been told that the records tables are being worked on, the issue is that more times are being recorded per day than was expected.... a lot more
I've no idea when it will catch up with itself, but I've been assured people are looking into it.
I am no longer directly on the project but I do enquire about some things :D

Jambo
1st October 2008, 12:48 AM
Great good to hear.

Thanks

Syntek
1st October 2008, 03:57 AM
I've been told that the records tables are being worked on, the issue is that more times are being recorded per day than was expected.... a lot more
I've no idea when it will catch up with itself, but I've been assured people are looking into it.
I am no longer directly on the project but I do enquire about some things :D

Thats good though! shows that people are really dedicated to this game. I know I am.

eLhabib
1st October 2008, 07:22 AM
I was just gonna say: lots more people than you expected? That's very good news, innit? Now bring on the DLC! ;)

ColdRem'S
1st October 2008, 08:32 AM
+1 with eL! Good news for you and for us!:+

Amon
1st October 2008, 09:14 AM
I've been told that the records tables are being worked on, the issue is that more times are being recorded per day than was expected.... a lot more:D

Or the game is selling more then expected, or the people who bought it are playing much more than expected.

Hope it's the first, of course.

On the other hand, this is not the first time we see leaderboards in a console game, but AFAIK it's the first time i see the having these kind of problems.....

Nunalho
1st October 2008, 11:57 AM
I know some people that bought the game because of its visuals now dont play it at all becaue they find it to punishing :P

Axel
1st October 2008, 12:10 PM
Tell them to put PA on and keep on playing. I need more DLC Gawd dammit!!! Also it's good to know that they wasn't expecting this much traffic. Must mean the game is doing well so far.

I'm hoping they do fix the ranking issue as it's a bit annoying seeing my old times up there from 4 days ago :(

Nunalho
3rd October 2008, 12:40 AM
Well today all the records disappeared...what happened? My online records were not updated in days and now, even old, they are all gone from the leaderboards.

I got a message saying they are fixing problems online, will our stats be back? I am the only one having this problem?

Rubix42
3rd October 2008, 04:18 AM
All my online stats are gone as well, they must be in the works on something. I'm sure it will work soon enough. Until then, I'm going to enjoy being in the top 10 on every board I try:D

Asayyeah
3rd October 2008, 08:25 AM
At least for me it's a no-change, lol, my name never came up into the ranking last weekend and since i didn't have ps3 online access here i ll have to wait till this afternoon to check if i am present or not