PDA

View Full Version : (Little) Custom Soundtrack problem

ColdRem'S
25th September 2008, 09:56 PM
Well Wo HD is GREAT but a small detail is disturbing me: when we choose to listen to a custom soundtrack in the option menu, we can't hear the Wo HD songs anymore! I'm disappointed cause I wanted to have a mix of ALL the WipE games!(my custom soundtrack is of course made of all the best wipeout titles)

Is there a way to solve this little problem, I mean except finding Pulse OST and add it to the custom soundtrack?

Shozovulnai
25th September 2008, 10:00 PM
I was rather disappointed with the fact that HD can only read mp3 and AAC files. Not a biggie, since only couple of tracks needed to be converted from wma to mp3.

And speaking of music, all those funny changes in sound during different situations (flying, being shielded etc.) are very brilliant.

GFunk
25th September 2008, 11:37 PM
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster!

I just had the exact same issue, I want to mix my favourite wipeout titles with wipeout HD but I can only pick one or the other, so bump.

Loving HD though, brilliant!

synapticflow
26th September 2008, 03:41 AM
So the music in the soundtrack changes like for example gets muffled when you have a shield on? That sounds interesting but maybe kind of annoying to.

karmacoma01
26th September 2008, 04:48 AM
Works great, but there´s an option to turn it off if you don´t like it. :+

Asayyeah
26th September 2008, 08:19 AM
sound effect of our own music when you enter a tunnel or change from color through the zone mode or jump is COMPLETELY INSANE :O

Definitly an incredible feature :+

Skvall
26th September 2008, 09:07 AM
Just pop in the wipeout hd disc into the ps3 and rip the tracks to.. oh wait.

Axel
26th September 2008, 11:55 AM
Ok for some reason the game wont recognize some of my tracks but others. the only difference is the bit rate of the mp3's. Can anybody shed some light into this?

EDIT: Issue resolved. It seems the bit rate was too high. I converted the mps's to 128 from 320 bitrate.

synapticflow
26th September 2008, 03:39 PM
That's sad that it can't handle 320kbps. I at least have to have 192.

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 03:44 PM
uhm, all my mp3s are 320, and they work fine...

Axel
26th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Really? can't work it out. What is the size of your mp3's? My ones were ranging from 10mb upwards.

PILOT-B
26th September 2008, 06:12 PM
So I didn't mess with the custom soundtracks too long, but is there anyway it plays your songs randomly?

It seemed that if I wanted to listen to a custom song, I would manually choose it, but if i wanted to keep the same song from consecutively playing I would have to go in and change it again manually myself. Run on, I know..

This seemed rather lame especially considering if you were in an online tournament and do not have time to pause and change the song.

Please someone fill me in if I'm wrong. Thanks

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 07:20 PM
you have to create a playlist in your XMB. then, in HD, select the playlist, choose random - there you go!

PILOT-B
26th September 2008, 07:42 PM
thank you sir!

Axel
26th September 2008, 08:31 PM
Or make a folder on your computer, dump the music in there and then copy it onto your PS3. HD sees it as a play list as well :)

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 10:41 PM
I'm not very computer savvy, so please bear with this noobish question, but if I just rip CD's onto the hard drive, will it be in the correct format for the game to recognize?

Axel
26th September 2008, 11:04 PM
Not necessarily. The program should give you a choice of which format to convert to. MP3 is the most popular option.

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 11:11 PM
Thank you for letting me know.

Fiznu
26th September 2008, 11:14 PM
That's sad that it can't handle 320kbps. I at least have to have 192.

It can handle 320kbps just fine, all of my music is in 320kbps MP3 and no problems at all.

As a side note, I now rip ALL of my music in MP3...while its not the best format, EVERYTHING works with MP3, the same can not be said for any other format. Everything from an iPod (god forbid I ever buy ANYTHING from that company) to media servers to car players with usb support will accept mp3 for playback, and guess what? NO DRM!!! :)

mdhay
27th September 2008, 07:06 AM
I'm not very computer savvy, so please bear with this noobish question, but if I just rip CD's onto the hard drive, will it be in the correct format for the game to recognize?

Are you talking about ripping onto a PC?

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 09:21 AM
No, he's talking about importing audio CDs to the PS3.
You have to set your import settings (in Music settings) to MP3, 320kbps, and then just slide in your CD and press Triangle > import.

Skvall
27th September 2008, 10:17 AM
AAC works too right? I think my music is all AAC on the Ps3.
(and are a more optimized compression format then mp3)

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 11:17 AM
dunno, haven't tried...

Task
27th September 2008, 04:35 PM
AAC works too right? I think my music is all AAC on the Ps3.

I was rather disappointed with the fact that HD can only read mp3 and AAC files.
Read the whole thread, man! 8 )