PDA

View Full Version : Thank you soooo much SL !

alka16r
25th September 2008, 08:41 PM
I think it's never too early to be grathfull, so as I know that some of you guys of SL post in this forum (Egg, Colin) please accept my unfinite sympathy for givin us this present 3 months before Xmas..you are definitely my Santa Claus !

blackwiggle
25th September 2008, 08:56 PM
I have to agree with that....this game will go down in history...and once you all have played it you would have to agree.

A new gaming benchmark has just been set.

kz_
26th September 2008, 12:49 AM
thank you.

Thank you.

Thank You.

THANK YOU!

SL, you've outdone yourselves. I can barely bring myself to say this, after how long it's been... but...

Wipeout HD was worth the wait.

/Andrew

cybrpnk
26th September 2008, 12:57 AM
*bows down before home-made Studio Liverpool shrine*

chants..."O thank you great gods of WipEout, I shall name my first-born...quake disruptor"...erhem...

Anyway...seriously, thank you for the new WipEout...it shows that you guys and gals take a lot of love, pride and dedication in what you do, and it reflects in this final product...a lot of developers should learn from what you have achieved here...no corners cut, no holds barred, all out the very best from you guys in terms of time and effort... It's great to see that the visions that we had for WipEout...from a developers standpoint and from the fans point of view have reached an extremely beautiful middle ground...

I am loving it...WipEout HD that is...

now go take a well-deserved holiday...:)

and then continue the love with some wicked DLC

SouthendRage
26th September 2008, 05:02 AM
Brilliant job SL, I will be playing this game for a long time, you guys have done an especially brilliant job with the online, so much better than many games.

You guys deserve 1 Billion Cookies!

taqili
26th September 2008, 06:29 AM
vouch.

the game is brilliant and, aside from my PS3 not connecting to the game server, every complaint I have is some minor thing that probably doesn't matter to anyone else (like not being able to cycle through the music from start to finish to start)

you really ramped up the difficulty of the Elite mode, so I'm excited about the fresh challenge from AI and not just from Asa and his minions of slaughter.

Chill
26th September 2008, 06:50 AM
Elite mode is now harder?!!! Wow that's awesome news!! :D

Even though I don't have the game yet, I know that it could very easily seem that I don't respect SL enough, but I do very very VERY MUCH!! As without them, Wipeout would no longer exist... THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! :+ :+

Wip3ou7
26th September 2008, 06:50 AM
Amazing game, nearly flawless execution. Just please fix the 50 friends bug tomorrow.

Asayyeah
26th September 2008, 08:34 AM
tomorrow? and why not today or why not immediately now :g

Come on : they gonna work on it pretty soon so be patient and think to others who don't any own any ps3.

back on topic : i just wanted to say a fckin' WOW to SL that is unbelievable the way you did it : i did half of the grids and i am still looking and acting like a kid who get his BEST gift before Xmas :hyper:hyper

I also wanted to create a '****in WOW :O ' thread where pilots could have only posted a 'WOW!' message in order to thank SL team for that amazing game they offered to us ( yeah at 18 euros it's offered )

kanar
26th September 2008, 08:49 AM
Yeah it's awesome, I just can say wooooow, exactly. I'm at work now after a 9 hd hour trip last night. Can't wait to ride my fish more!!!!!

Mad-Ice
26th September 2008, 09:08 AM
I only did three hours or so and this game rocks for sure! Thanks SL for doing the job so nicely!:+ I have to find out more about the game today.

leungbok
26th September 2008, 09:12 AM
Oh, mates, it's a torture to read your posts:frown:. I made all my possible to get the ps3 on time (i performed that !). But when time comes to download the game, the playstation store was unable to fill my account with money, he can't update my credit card. Well, i hope the problem will be quickly solved, allowing me to fight you for awesome races. To be on topic, i thanks SL for the great work they seems to have produced on HD, but i don't thanks sony for their ****ing paying system:bomb

flashbax
26th September 2008, 09:25 AM
I've said it once i'll say it again..u guys r gold and i love u all, even tho your scousers :twisted

metalpancake
26th September 2008, 09:26 AM
I'm downloading mine right now! I Just got a ps3 80gb for my birthday on tuesday, and the suspense is killing me! FINISH DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!:D

PS: are there many people playing online? that was the problem with pulse. not enough online players.

ColdRem'S
26th September 2008, 09:33 AM
THANK YOU guys, you v'e done one hell of a job!:+
Hope the wipEout saga is not over yet!

Wip3ou7
26th September 2008, 09:35 AM
wipeout will never die!

I think this is what the franchise needed to revitalize it with the masses

*ahhem* now if they just fix the 50 friends online bug it will be perfect... dammit i still have not been able to play online

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 09:49 AM
Cheers to all you guys at SL. I hope this sells a well as you are all hoping!

emwu23
26th September 2008, 10:00 AM
Ive been racing till 3am and Iam at work now - zombie.
When I will back - 20.30 shower and back to HD again.
That game is awesome.

alka16r
26th September 2008, 10:18 AM
To eLhabib : I must be wrong, you'll tell me but come on mate ! we all know how big fan you're and you don't say much more...strange...any disappointement that you're hidding ?

fusionfrenzy
26th September 2008, 10:21 AM
This is probably, no, is the best Wipeout Studio Liverpool have ever made, and really shows off their talents as developers. The smoothness, the speed, the unbelievable attention to detail, is all stunning and creates the most immersive Wipeout world since Wipeout 3.

I played until 2am last night, lay in bed wide-eyed for hours then got straight back to playing this morning!

The Gracer
26th September 2008, 10:33 AM
Colin, Egg, and all the other SL peoples we dont see:

Well done. Awesome work. Im blown away, awestruck, astonished at how awesomely astonishing this game is.

Zone hurts my eyes. I love it. The explosions in single race obscure my path as i race amongst a firefight. I Love it. The environments are busy, digital billboard wonderlands, full of neon. I LOVE IT.

I JUST LOVE IT.

Bloody well done.

Casshern1981
26th September 2008, 11:02 AM
great game, it actually got released 1 week before my birthday,Thx SL !, now a wipeout 1 & 2097 dlc pack please...

Tekkenizer
26th September 2008, 11:52 AM
the price is unbeatable for that work :D

zonemode ownz me:dizzy
i love it

- great menu design
- very smooth
- individual ranking system is great
- sound / music at its best

Egg
26th September 2008, 12:04 PM
Colin, Egg, and all the other SL peoples we dont see:

Well done.

I'm taking no credit here ... just the odd job guy.

'Additional Artist' in fact :)

metalpancake
26th September 2008, 12:16 PM
absolutely amazing, once you get used to it!

The Gracer
26th September 2008, 12:19 PM
All those odd jobs you did helped with the final product, didn't they, Egg? ;)

Once again, bravo. Phenomenal work.

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 12:29 PM
Wow, this game is miles beyond Pure and Pulse in terms of quality and on its own a spectacular piece of work. Everything is just right, the ships, their feel, the tracks, the difficulty. The graphics are over-the-top but just the right amount.

Finally unlocked my Icaras now. The time trials can be pretty hard, I'm glad they're a bit harder to beat than the ones in Pulse! Also, Zone is incredible. I tested it out straight away on Moa Therma and Anulpha Pass. Those two are perfect for zone racing. Now it's on to beating my old Therma record of 74 zones and see if there's something beyond super-zen. Ridiculous!

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 12:34 PM
To eLhabib : I must be wrong, you'll tell me but come on mate ! we all know how big fan you're and you don't say much more...strange...any disappointement that you're hidding ?

I'm not hiding anything! I know the game is absolutely phenomenal, but how much of an arse would I have been a week ago, telling you this is the greatest game ever woohooo when you can't have it yet! Didn't wanna make your teeth any longer, y'know? Now that everyone has it (almost), I can tell you straight up: wipEout HD is AWESOME! There you have it ;)

Axel
26th September 2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks SL. This game is simply amazing! Now i need to get a HD TV for my bedroom and then I'm sorted!! :)

EDIT: Elhabib your records are stupendous. Is Icarus that good of a craft? Well flying the flag for Assegai so far. We got some fantastic talents out there with fantastic records.

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 01:01 PM
BTW, the retro HUD's = awesomeness.

leungbok
26th September 2008, 01:43 PM
Problem solved, the game is at 10% downloading. LEUNGBOK IS BACK IN THE BATTLE !! :banzai

captaingrim
26th September 2008, 01:51 PM
I've said it once i'll say it again..u guys r gold and i love u all, even tho your scousers :twisted

Hey hey hey... easy now! I think you'll probably find that most of the development team aren't actually scousers, but are just forced to live and breath amongst them...

You can usually guess which ones are the scousers by the smell and the inarticulate posts... I'm looking at you Berry ;)

Axel
26th September 2008, 01:53 PM
We knew Colin was a northern monkay from time. What about Egg? He smells funny :)

captaingrim
26th September 2008, 01:54 PM
Nah, he's a cockney..

nin-tEk
26th September 2008, 02:00 PM
So, I think this is the right place to drop my first post. It`s a bit complicated for me to express my feelings in english, as it is not my native language but i`ll try.
I grew up with the WipEout series and to a certain degree it influenced my life /style. The days...weeks..month..no..years before the release of WO HD you guys @ SL gave me a long missed feeling - you know that one you had as a child the days before christmas /birthday.
And now thats here and I see it - play it - feel it - love it, it gives me the exact same feeling I had with the first WipEout`s - a warm feeling inside because you know there are people in this world who feel the same way as you (I).
It´s such a rare and valuable feeling. Only WipEout, some music tracks and some art has accomplished that feeling for me in my life.

So what can I say - THANK YOU SO MUCH...
for the brilliant art style and texture work
for staying on track and delievering such a polished piece of work in this more and more decaying /greedy industry (EA - hint)
for giving me (us) a really, really good time with the next milestone in the WipEout saga - WO HD that is.

I really hope to see more of you guys in the future. And please don`t lose the track you pursued.
All the love and best from me :+

Bytehawk
26th September 2008, 02:07 PM
this game is soooo sweeet and hard. I LOVE it !!!!!!!

eLhabib : your records are super high, even if you've played this for a while, yours will be hard to beat.

any idea how or when the game sends the records to the server. Mine don't seem to appear yet.

infoxicated
26th September 2008, 02:18 PM
I'm taking no credit here ... just the odd job guy.
Funny... I often thought of you as a cross between Blofeld and Odd Job.

:D

All these positive comments are almost tempting me to get the game...

But remind me... it still has barrel rolls, right?

stin
26th September 2008, 02:48 PM
I gotta admit, I`m really impressed with HD and Zones are out of this world!

Thank you guys whoever created this amazing game:+ and hopefully more to come in near future.

Foxy, not much barrelrolls! ;) take it!

stevie:)

Axel
26th September 2008, 03:10 PM
Infox, you might be surprised, but I've yet to see one person do a BR online yet. Especially when I'm playing with Zoners!! Big cheers to all the Wipeout connoisseur's out there racing how it's meant to be :)

darkfaerytales
26th September 2008, 03:15 PM
i'm happy, SO HAPPY, yes a BIG THANK to ENTIRE SL CREW is a must, THANK YOU GUYS!!!
this game is fxxxing gorgeous, my eyes was on the verge to blow up yesterday afternoon, and the only damned thing i have did the entire afternoon was say to me " ok ok, then i do one more time and turn off the play" in the end i've repeat that like 34 times , i cannot was able to turn my damned head out of that game yesterday
this game is so ****ing hard ( who is a great thing ) it's really a mess ! in a GOOD GOOD way

the music of the menus has sounded in my head the entire morning ( cooool....:dizzy)

:+

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 03:23 PM
... eLhabib : your records are super high, even if you've played this for a while, yours will be hard to beat. ...

All of those were done on my first attempt. Don't think I've done this before, just because I played the press version a couple of times...

Dogg Thang
26th September 2008, 04:48 PM
Against my better judgement, I bought this. I didn't hold out even one day. I'm WO's bitch and it eats away at me.

But since we've got a thank you thread, I'll say thanks for one of my favourite front ends of the series.

The Boye
26th September 2008, 06:08 PM
WipEout perfection right here.

SL. I salute you.

Lance
26th September 2008, 06:59 PM
I've read pages and pages of comments about HD in the last two days, and from these it is clear that Studio Liverpool worked their collective asses off inventing, designing, programming, and polishing so many aspects of the game. Congratulations on a great job, and thank you all.

SpaceCake
26th September 2008, 08:08 PM
In my opinion wipeout HD is the best game ever ! :D
Great job SL ! :cake

The Gracer
26th September 2008, 08:15 PM
Ive decided to withdraw my thanks -

I HAVE WORK IN TEN MINUTES, AND I DIDNT GET ANY SLEEP DUE TO YOUR BLOODY GAME

:D :D :D

infoxicated
26th September 2008, 10:07 PM
Against my better judgement, I bought this. I didn't hold out even one day. I'm WO's bitch and it eats away at me.
Interesting.

I actually thought I'd do the same as soon as it launched, but since I haven't really enjoyed playing WipEout since WipEout 3 SE it's made it pretty easy to for me to ignore it.

Still, like Mad-Ice said somewhere else, it does feel kind of strange that almost every single person on my friends list is playing HD right now and I'm the admin of the fan site who cant bring himself to buy it.

Kind of has me wondering about the point of running a fan site for something I don't appear to have a passion for any longer. :|

****ing barrel rolls - I really do rue the day. :(

Lance
26th September 2008, 10:17 PM
Did I just feel an earthquake?

mdhay
26th September 2008, 10:18 PM
Nope - the fat lady sang.;)

Axel
26th September 2008, 11:16 PM
Oh God, that was lame lol. Infox, the game can be played in Demo form. A old mate once told me you can't knock something until you have tried it I know that saying doesn't apply to everything but this game is different.

As I said before, not many people are BR'ing online mate. The game really is a blast. Oh and with the WO3 HUD and soundtrack playing, you wouldn't notice the difference :)

infoxicated
26th September 2008, 11:25 PM
I really should try the demo, I suppose, because if I don't like it then there really isn't any point in me being here.

Other than to pay the bills and activate accounts, I mean. ;)

oggob
26th September 2008, 11:29 PM
and it's under a GB also, so it's not as if you will be losing your monthly cap...

:p

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 11:58 PM
Fox, the only thing you have to lose if massive jaggies from the PSX era. . .

eLhabib
27th September 2008, 12:02 AM
Rob, you should definitely give this one a chance. I used to dread BRs also (although probably not as much as you), but somehow, in HD I don't mind them... oh, and the rest of the game is fantastic!

Dogg Thang
27th September 2008, 01:30 AM
If you don't love Pure and especially Pulse, I can't possibly see why you'd love this unless you have a thing for detailed textures made from the same metal that everything in Doom 3 was made from. This is the same. Just technically, if not design-wise, far better looking. It's certainly as barrel-rolly.

But, yes, give the demo a go and see what you think.

cybrpnk
27th September 2008, 01:33 AM
Played a lot more this morning...playing it now actually...trying to finish campaign with my bro...

Love the attention to detail on this baby...the sounds made by the auto-pilot is ace...is it just me or does it sound like the auto-pilot is talking to the craft...brilliant!!!

Shizumapower
27th September 2008, 05:17 AM
Studio Liverpool = GODS

Thank you for such a beautiful game. I've been showing my appreciation on the Photo Mode thread... need to stop snapping pics and earn some more trophies!

rdmx
27th September 2008, 07:51 AM
Erm mate, these guys are Studio LIVERPOOL ;)

The Gracer
27th September 2008, 08:02 AM
Come on foxxy....ive picked the game up again after a good gap of some 6 years!

ill agree that pure and pulse werent really the best, but you really should give it a shot, the tracks arent the old 'gems' but this game is a MAAAASIVE step in the right direction.

Keenan
27th September 2008, 01:02 PM
Amazing game, nearly flawless execution. Just please fix the 50 friends bug tomorrow.

What he said ^^

Great game http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8911/cooljc6.gif

Egg
27th September 2008, 01:17 PM
Studio LEEDS = GODS

That's right! Neither of them exist!

Jambo
27th September 2008, 02:37 PM

I now have a new favourite online quote!

rushin
27th September 2008, 03:29 PM
oh my. have managed to tear myself away from HD, can see tracks when i close my eyes even after sleeping.

It is impossibly good, thank you so much SL for a very big lump of awesomeness. I have no idea how i am supposed to go to work on monday

:rock :hyper

Alcachofa
27th September 2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks to everyone at SL, the game is clearly a must have. Even better than what i expected thanks to online mode !

Does anybody knows how well it sells ?

DawnFireDragoon
27th September 2008, 10:19 PM
Interesting.

I actually thought I'd do the same as soon as it launched, but since I haven't really enjoyed playing WipEout since WipEout 3 SE it's made it pretty easy to for me to ignore it.

Still, like Mad-Ice said somewhere else, it does feel kind of strange that almost every single person on my friends list is playing HD right now and I'm the admin of the fan site who cant bring himself to buy it.

Kind of has me wondering about the point of running a fan site for something I don't appear to have a passion for any longer. :|

****ing barrel rolls - I really do rue the day. :(

like yourself i'm a BIG fan of the oldies, feel like they've veered off from what wipeout meant in style and design recently, but i'd give HD a look. someone else mentioned it's a step in the right direction...which i personally feel is true...i just hope for a new game and another step in that direction...and maybe backwards, with regard to certain things.

still i'd give it a go. :)

cybrpnk
27th September 2008, 11:22 PM
Got into some split-screen multiplayer today...although there is a noticeable drop in the framerate...the reaction times when controlling the ships are in tact and tight...very cool...

The sense of speed is amazing...everything flies by with weapon effects and everything without a hitch...slowdown...or pop-ups...

Very nicely done SL...me and my bro are having some really cool heated WipEout battles...

Shizumapower
28th September 2008, 02:18 AM

Doh!! Got my studios mixed up [very embarrassing]! Lost in the excitement of WOHD :D

Bows down to Studio LIVERPOOL.

Chill
28th September 2008, 09:00 AM

I second that, I AM GOD... haha... ;) You shall bow down to me little one... :D

My opinion is that if Infoxicated were in the lead of Wipeout's all out directions, Wipeout would be perfected...

infoxicated
28th September 2008, 09:34 AM
Lets not get carried away with ourselves!

The Gracer
28th September 2008, 10:15 AM
haha, maybe not such a good idea there Chill - the rules of the resultant game might be overlooked by newcomers to the series, resulting in flaming en masse and some serious banh4mm0r plasma weapons!! :D

Contender Eliminated ;)

captaingrim
28th September 2008, 10:46 AM
Foxxy should never be allowed to make decisions about Wipeout games. His first rule would be to block Bohemian Rhapsody being included in any custom playlists...

The Gracer
28th September 2008, 10:55 AM
haahaha!

IS THIS THE REEEEAAL LIIIIFE? IS THIS JUST FAAANTASSSSSYYY?
Caught in a laaandsliiiide...NO ESCAPE FROM REEEALLITYYYYYYY....

:rock :rock

captaingrim
28th September 2008, 10:57 AM
You do know that Foxxy will probably ban you for that .... ;)

Skvall
28th September 2008, 11:02 AM
Got into some split-screen multiplayer today...although there is a noticeable drop in the framerate...the reaction times when controlling the ships are in tact and tight...very cool...

I think the framerate are that much worse that I cant play it at all. I thought it was sad to hear splitscreen wouldnt work online but now when I cant stand playing it at all that is not an issue anymore hehe.

But I want to thank you guys for a, maybe not perfect but, reeally reeally good game! Thanks! And for this price its ****ing awesome. =P

The Gracer
28th September 2008, 11:04 AM
Haha, if i was him i would too - did you not see how terribly i was singing just then? :D

Meanwhile, the original topic had completely derailed and concertina'd into a bank - largely due to my singing....thanks for wrestling it back there, Skvall

:redface:

GTAce
28th September 2008, 11:47 AM
WipEout HD is my first WipEout after #1 on the PlayStation.
So everything like Zone etc. is pretty new to me and its thrilling me so much.

I agree with most posts here, thank you SL, WipEout HD makes the PS3 feel more like PlayStation again.
Incredible what you guys have done with a friggin download game.

Lance
28th September 2008, 03:56 PM
Haha, if i was him i would too - did you not see how terribly i was singing just then? :D

Your pitch control was off. ;) :g

infoxicated
28th September 2008, 06:09 PM
His first rule would be to block Bohemian Rhapsody being included in any custom playlists...
Heh!

I still haven't heard it, you know - last year I was purposely going out of my way to not hear it, but this year I haven't actually had to run from anywhere with my fingers in my years, so that's over a year and a half I've made. :D

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 08:20 PM
How could you not like Bohemian Rhapsody! Are there any traumatic events involved?

infoxicated
28th September 2008, 09:43 PM
No, I just think it's the most over-rated song in the history of everything ever. This is way off topic, though, so if you're really interested: click here (http://www.infoxicated.com/?p=2).

Back on the subject of the game, well, I bought it after some quiet assurances from Colin, so there you go. It truly is the barrel roll festival that I'd feared - the gameplay is ****ed due to that now and it really doesn't look like there's any way back. So I might as well enjoy it for what it's worth, and, fortunately, I'm pretty sure I can get £11.99 out of it. :)

Rapier Racer
28th September 2008, 10:30 PM
Ech banning that song happens to be something I agree with..

I don' think HD is quite the barrel roll fest past games have been though. Play it on elite at Phantom, using them is almost a death wish on some tracks. I'm not sure I want to use them online against pilots of an equal skill level theres far too much energy loss and not enough reward, no wonder they put respawn in the game.

Mano
28th September 2008, 10:36 PM
guys you are really killing me, how would you rank this game, and maybe more importantly to me how would you rank it compared to XL/2097?, if it rates really that good, i will make a sacrifice with my budget, and i mean a real sacrifice, and buy a PS3.

but really... a real sacrifice.

guys from the trinity era (WO, XL, WO3) please chime in.. is it really that good compared to those?

the game really looks good, but man, i need to know this, i wish i could find someone on Peru with a PS3 that wants to buy the download, and believe me i will be bothering my gaming friends here (but very unlikely to find one with a PS3)

thanks all for your time.

Rapier Racer
28th September 2008, 10:46 PM
Your not going to find a straight answer here. Your going to get barrel roll haters telling you no flat out, people in between who don't think you can justify buying a PS3 for this or any other one game alone and then people like me who will insist you have to have it and say it's the reason I bought a PS3, which it is and it was worth it :D

infoxicated
28th September 2008, 10:55 PM
You cant say that with too much conviction though, Stephen - you've been playing NASCAR, GTA, and other stuff on it too.

If you were planning on buying a PS3 just for WipEout HD and you weren't keen on Pure or Pulse, then I have to say it would not be a wise decision. With just 8 tracks and the fact it's essentially a re-hash of Pure and Pulse, I couldn't say with my hand on heart that this is worth buying a £300 console for.

Mano
28th September 2008, 10:57 PM
Rapier: definitely agree, but different opinions can really help me and i can find relatively common thoughts with all those opinions with mine and from there make a mess in my head :D

Rob: my wallet´s heartbeat is returning to normal it seems

Rapier Racer
28th September 2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah but most of the games I own are cross platform Foxy, if it wasn't for such a die hard love for Wipeout I wouldn't have went out and bought a PS3 so readily I did so expecting Wipeout on it. If Wipeout dies so will my Playstation brand loyalty. I own 13 PS3 games not including HD and only 3 are PS3 exclusive, only 2 of those 3 I actually like thats RFOM and HAZE, as much as I like them it I doubt I would have bought a PS3 for them.

Why did you have to bring up GTA.... now this thread reeks of :turd lol

Flashback Jack
28th September 2008, 11:43 PM
Well, I was hoping to jump on the congratulatory bandwagon tonight, but the silly PSN store won't verify my credit card to allow me to add funds to my account enough to buy HD, which means it'll have to wait.

So anyway, I'll stare at some more screenshots and videos 'til I get lucky.

- F

lunar
28th September 2008, 11:57 PM
"the trinity era" - great phrase, I am adopting it. :D

Mano, although I suspect I like HD a lot more than Rob, my advice would be more or less the same. The barrel rolls are done better I think in this game than either Pure or Pulse. There are less " grey area" BRs, I think, less silly combo BRs and no wall-grind BRs I have seen so far. The shield loss from BRs is more like Pure, so that`s good. But still if you hate BRs you will not enjoy this. Apart from BRs, the game is basically Pulse with a few wrinkles ironed out (and some not), some great new features, and it takes place on Pure`s tracks. You get to play on a proper screen with a big controller, which makes it more fun, but you cannot compare the handling to the holy trinity. It`s the handling and the weight of the ships that makes those games, and to me these ships don`t have any feeling of weight, such as if you compare an old Qirex to an old AG Sys, HD ships just have different turning circles. There is pitch control in this, especially at fast classes where you need to control the pitch, and a control method that`s pretty good for achieving it.

It`s a very good game, loads of fun and I`ll be playing it for ages, but it`s a million miles from 2097; a bit of bouncing doesn`t make it like that. For £11.99 it`s a steal. For that plus a PS3 you should definitely not buy without trying it out.

Darkdrium777
29th September 2008, 02:02 AM
I don't know about you guys but I'm glad the Zone mode is only ripping my eyes out, throwing them on the floor and dancing cha cha on them (© eLhabib), and does not rip them out, throws them on the floor, dances cha cha on them, burns them with a blowtorch, drops them from the 100th floor, tears them to shreds, glues them back together with a glue stick and punches them back in my orbits by shooting them with a baseball bat.

So yeah, thanks SL :)

eLhabib
29th September 2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the link, Rob, that was a fun read for sure. It's well beyond me how you managed to avoid that song for so long under your circumstances! Must be pretty good karma I guess ;)

To join in on the discussion how to rate HD compared to the trinity era: you just can't. It's too different. If HD had no online, I'd definitely say DON'T buy a PS3 for it, but the stellar Multiplayer justifies it for me. And, of course, I'm a graphics nut, so that's another reason why I love it. Gameplay-wise, as was said before, it's very different to the old games, but I just so happen to like Pure a lot, and HD is basically like a better Pure for me. It's only remotely related to 2097, but it's so well polished that it's hard to look past. Just know what to expect from it - if you want the 'old' gameplay, you'll have to play the old games.

Axel
29th September 2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah i don't think we will be seeing the old type of games again. I think we are going to keep on seeing a evolution. But I do agree with one thng. the crafts feel really light!!! It's so annoying when my Assegai keeps on bouncing up vertically and i have to wait for the damn thing to "float" back onto the track again. :(

Lance
29th September 2008, 06:45 PM
Gentlemen, you have wandered very thoroughly away from the topic of this thread and into a topic discussed elsewhere. Please compare the natures of the different versions of the series in more appropriate threads, and return to the thanking for HD in this one.