PDA

View Full Version : Sasha's new album

Hydra XL
23rd August 2002, 06:07 AM
may b old in UK, but.. [dj] Sasha - AirDrawnDagger; the new best thing to emerge from the electronic music stage as of late. get it now if u have any taste in music and self respect.

Nick Burcombe
23rd August 2002, 10:23 AM
Fantastic isn't it. Been listening to it for about 5 weeks now. A real grower.
I noticed the other day that most of the tracks are produced by JunkieXL (just to get the topic back onto QR for a sec. LOL)

Asche XL
23rd August 2002, 05:04 PM
That album is amazing, simply. 5 stars says me.

infoxicated
24th August 2002, 10:24 AM
Hmmm - I had a listen earlier this week and I have to say, I didn't find anything on the album that stood out at all. There does not seem to be an "Avenue" type song, for example, that stands out from the crowd.

Maybe it's just me being burned by his lacklustre Global Underground album, which could not have been more bland if he'd tried, but I was hoping for something better this time round.

Or maybe it is a "grower" as you say, Nick... :-?

Vasudeva
24th August 2002, 12:48 PM
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, but wasn't "Avenue" a PvD track?

Peace,
V.

AmigoJack
24th August 2002, 06:58 PM
youre rite vesudeva
anybody heard sashas (& digweeds) renaissance?

generally i think sasha makes good sets. nevertheless i never enjoyed listening to him more than with the wip3out tracks. if hed made an album full of such music id go crazy bout that - but as far as i know he "only" mixes and rather releases his few tracks on vinyl (like "xpander" or "baja")...

infoxicated
26th August 2002, 06:33 PM
> At the risk of sounding like an idiot, but wasn't "Avenue" a PvD track?

Yeah, of course - I just meant a track that stands out on an otherwise samey album! :)

jmoid
26th August 2002, 07:09 PM
has he started using breakbeats now or is it still 4-4? reason i ask is that i heard a track and it seemed ot be more nu skool breakz oriented than his older stuff.

on the subject of recommendations... anyone heard the ils album? i can't recommend it enough, it's one of those records that makes you think "why doesn't everyone make music like this?" think wipeout fusion soundtrack but a lot more spaced out...
http://www.marineparade.net

infoxicated
26th August 2002, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah, I meant to add this to my original post, but kind of forgot.

If you're looking for slightly off the wall, electronic style music then I'd recomend an album that's recently come to my attention by "The Drummatic Twins"

I'd never heard of them before either, but it's a pretty cool listen and I've had it on the cd player in the car (although Fliss thinks it sucks and turns it off!).

JABBERJAW
26th August 2002, 11:17 PM
What album is it similar to(previous albums)? Off topic a little, I am a NEW ORDER fan and was wondering if the new album was good. I heard some good things about it. I didn't have enough money to buy either sasha or NO at the time so this is a good topic for me.

AmishRobot
27th August 2002, 02:42 AM
IMO, the latest New Order album is.... not so good. ;) Like Republic, it has one great song and the rest is throw-away. This is, of course, opinion. Moreso, it's coming from a very old New Order fan who resists change. :) I'd suggest you give it a shot. You should be able to pick it up used by now.

Never a big fan of Sasha myself. What I liked from him most has always been the Northern Exposure discs he did with Digweed. From what I've heard, I like his sets a lot more than his own music.

For the last couple months, I've been trying to find FC Kahuna's Machine says yes, but am having no luck. What little I've heard is really good stuff. (yes, I am aware I could order it online, but... well.... yeah.)

U V
13th March 2003, 11:24 PM
lovely album, but i prefer the Xpander EP much more realy

Damon
17th March 2003, 10:20 AM
For the last couple months, I've been trying to find FC Kahuna's Machine says yes, but am having no luck. What little I've heard is really good stuff. (yes, I am aware I could order it online, but... well.... yeah.)

That album was originally on City Rockers, which suffered big problems when Ministry of Sound pulled their finance out. However, FC Kahuna have since signed to Skint who I believe are re-releasing 'Machine Says Yes' - they may already have done so, not sure. So it should become easier to find.

DJ Techno
18th March 2003, 03:24 PM
Actually that album isn't really that old here in the USA!

I still remember hearing it on the radio and satellite, that was around winter 02.

The Xspander EP album was greater than this new one.
Rabbitweed and Baja!