PDA

View Full Version : WipEout HD- Display problem! :/

SouthendRage
25th September 2008, 05:02 PM
I have no freezes, but I have a quite frustrating problem.

I turned on HD and discovered the menus were all squished. Naturally I went to the option screen to turn the Ratio to 4:3 for my crappy old Tv.

But I can't!! It seems it can only run in 16:9! Can anyone help! I will be forever grateful for the guy who gives me the answer!!:D

Other than that HD is great! Note for the freezers- I installed the small unlock file first.

mdhay
25th September 2008, 05:08 PM
Change the TV screen display settings to 4:3.

captaingrim
25th September 2008, 05:16 PM
Did you change the video output mode in the XMB? The game itself doesn't have options for it, as it just takes the current settings from the system.

SouthendRage
25th September 2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I went to system settings, Display, turned the Resolution to 476i, Scart and 4:3, it didn't make a difference. I'll try again!

Nope, The resoltution is set to PAL (476i) And my Av/Scart connector, and 4:3, but the menus in HD are still squished. None of my other games have the same problem....

flashbax
25th September 2008, 05:35 PM
Your running a HDMI cable right??? does this game even run in SD.. luckley i got a 40" 1080p bravia so its able to run it fine..

SouthendRage
25th September 2008, 05:59 PM
No, i'm getting a HDTV this Xmas, but I don't think I can stand these squished menus too long. Does anyone with a 4:3 tv (Not widescreen) Have the same Prob? Or not? That would be Helpful.

If you do have a 4:3 TV, please help me!

Fascia
25th September 2008, 06:04 PM
Having exactly the same problem, I have an old school 4:3 SDTV, not likely to get a HDTV and I've noticed both the game and menu's are squished, it's annoying, although not a game breaker. Looking forward to a sollution.

Sausehuhn
25th September 2008, 06:08 PM
You can't change the diplay in the TV's options?
My old 4:3-SDTV has an option for 4:3 and one for 16:9.

You would get black borders, sure, but at least it's not stretched.

KIGO1987
25th September 2008, 06:33 PM
*grunt*

Something to look forward to now:( I had an idea that this would of been an issue. And it is. I wonder if you can play Wipeout HD on the PSP via Remote Play.... Anybody gave this a try yet?

Rubix42
25th September 2008, 06:41 PM
I forget, but doesn't the PS3 have a display option that displays images in letterboxing?

Axel
25th September 2008, 06:55 PM
I think it does. But no 4:3 support is bad. Luckily I have a HD TV downstairs, but when i tried it on my normal TV, the game did not look pretty at all. The ratio is completely off!

SouthendRage
25th September 2008, 07:32 PM
Perhaps they will release a patch...But i'm not gonna rush you guys in Liverpool, as it's not really much of a problem, as the menu's are still readable and the core gameplay is intact.

I've played a few online matches, won most of them. I have decided that you guys at Liverpool have done a good job. You guys deserve a pat on the back. :D

Fascia
25th September 2008, 07:52 PM
It's only the Hud and menu's (in game and out), the game itself is rendered at 4:3 and thus, isn't stretched, so it's not so bad.

blackwiggle
25th September 2008, 09:03 PM
What about the ajust screen size option in HD.
Have you tried that?

Fascia
25th September 2008, 09:04 PM
that just moves the hud in and out.

G-Hob
31st August 2009, 02:20 PM
Did they ever improve this issue?

I'm thinking on getting a PS3 soon and an HDTV closer to Christmas.

robanddee
1st September 2009, 01:06 AM
I have an 4:3 SDTV and play WOHD without any probs whatsoever. Menus and game all display normally - I didn't adjust any settings on PS3, game or TV, it just worked.
I would be very unhappy if the game was not displaying properly on SD as I can't see myself affording a HDTV anytime soon!
P.S. I don't get any black bands on my display either - it fills the entire screen.

rdmx
1st September 2009, 01:26 PM
Ok having played on both a 4:3 and 16:9 HDTV set, the normal in-game play is alright with correct aspect ratio. However, only the menus are squished, but personally I don't think it's that important.

G-Hob
2nd September 2009, 03:08 AM
Thanks for that info, guys. :)

robanddee
2nd September 2009, 08:41 AM
As I said before, I play on a 4:3 SDTV and menus HUD etc... are NOT squished, stretched or warped in any manner. Must be something set up incorrectly if you are getting menus that look that way!

Cyberio
3rd September 2009, 02:51 PM
I play in a 4:3 and i have the same problem of the creator of the post.
Menus and in-game are not in the aspect ratio, but it doesn't matter to me, i can put two black brands in my TV to see it in the correct 16:9 aspect.
But if SL can do, i think it will be better.

rdmx
3rd September 2009, 03:41 PM
Ensure that in your ps3 firmware display settings, that it is set to output in 4:3, as this is what wipeout hd reads as your aspect ratio and adjusts the game accordingly.