PDA

View Full Version : It's BROKEN!

zerojay
25th September 2008, 04:55 PM
Can't say I've been able to download it myself (I'm in Canada and the PSN update hasn't been done yet), but the European PS forums are filling up with people saying the game is constantly crashing. Careful, pilots.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&thread.id=988971&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

SouthendRage
25th September 2008, 04:58 PM
No problems here! Just that can't get it to display in 4:3 ratio......:-

Other than that it's great! :D

Rapier Racer
25th September 2008, 05:02 PM
I've not experience any problems with the game yet, hope it stays that way.

Ota
25th September 2008, 05:03 PM
Flawlessly for way over two hours now.

zerojay
25th September 2008, 05:11 PM
Indeed, several European message boards as well as Neogaf all have threads of complaints. Something went wrong here.

Flashback Jack
25th September 2008, 05:16 PM
Enthusiam frequently gives way to disappointment. Buddhists call that the Law of Dependent Origination. Both develop in proportion, but nonetheless, let's hope it all works out for everyone. I sure as hell don't want mine crashing when it gets here. :)

- F

flashbax
25th September 2008, 05:33 PM
No problem here either...i'm in love with this game..and the surround sound works perfect its well balanced SL you guys are gold i love u all..:+

Skvall
25th September 2008, 05:35 PM
Only thing not working for me (that I know of..) is the friends highscore list. Im alone on that one.

mangaroo
25th September 2008, 05:47 PM
only thing that bugs me is occasionally (but every race) the sound will stutter for a moment

Also, wouldn't being able to download elhabib's replays be fantastic!

Rubix42
25th September 2008, 05:51 PM
Seems like the linked thread has determined that the issue comes from being signed in online with a ton of buddies perhaps.

Ah well, seems like no one is having trouble playing offline, so if it freezes up on you, just give that a shot for now.

zerojay
25th September 2008, 05:58 PM
I have 100 friends on my list and I get 5 more requests on a daily basis.... so I'm pretty much screwed, huh?

Rubix42
25th September 2008, 05:58 PM
Nothings been confirmed, wait until you have it to find out what happens.

pvdracer
25th September 2008, 06:05 PM
downloaded wipeouthd euro zone

no problems at all.

this game is truely fab,

the way wipeout was meant to be played

Ota
25th September 2008, 06:08 PM
Enthusiam frequently gives way to disappointment. Buddhists call that the Law of Dependent Origination.
I like that one :)

Axel
25th September 2008, 06:53 PM
I get stutters during the single player game and I'm not connected to the net. I had this same problem with MGS4 and i think it's to do with the sound traveling through the HDMI cable. Ack this sucks a little bit. The game is fantastic and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'll b online in 2 hours after some more practice :P

The Gracer
25th September 2008, 07:15 PM
Axel, make sure that you have a high quality HDMI cable - as i am working as a big screen tv installer ive found that a lot of the cheap crap HDMIs dont have the bandwidth throughput for bluray/1080p images/games.

A monster 700 series or similar may fix your problems, and give you a better picture too, especially with your BRD movies.

zerojay
25th September 2008, 07:33 PM
Never mind.. it's completely off-topic.

eLhabib
25th September 2008, 07:44 PM
I've been playing HD for about 5 hours straight now, with tons of buddies in my list online, and didn't experience any troubles at all. Dunno what the fuzz is about...

zerojay
25th September 2008, 08:36 PM
Do you have over 50 buddies (regardless of how many are online or offline)? So far, quite a few games have come out and had the same problem, because PSN used to have 50 friends as a max and now the max is 100. It's entirely possible that they are using older PSN libraries that make that assumption and they freeze when they see it's over the 50 friends limit.

blackwiggle
25th September 2008, 08:47 PM
There are TWO downloads to HD ,one is 100k...you get that first and then second is the main file 998mb.

If you read the posts most of the problems stem from either not downloading the small file first or not at all.

Their are a few little glitches on single player,mainly when you have won a medal or Trophy as they come up During the game...not after it,but that's all I've noticed...online seems fine.....there are a LOT of people getting their butts kicked out there ATM....maybe that is considered a glitch.:D

cybrpnk
25th September 2008, 08:50 PM
I've been playing HD for about 5 hours straight now, with tons of buddies in my list online, and didn't experience any troubles at all. Dunno what the fuzz is about...

Hey Habib....I'm on 20% of the main dl at the moment...i accidentally installed the unlock first...:(

What order did you install yours in??? or doesnt that matter??? Cause I'm thinking of redownloading the unlock file after I've downloaded the main one...

:(

Hope the dl finished before I have to head off to work...

Wip3ou7
25th September 2008, 08:51 PM
Wipeout hd is not working for me. Im in the US and I cant even get it into the game. Its frozen on me every time I've tried so far, and thats about 10 times. It freezes in the options menu and also when I try to go to Campaigne mode, online mode, or racebox.

zerojay
25th September 2008, 08:52 PM
Actually, it's now pretty much confirmed that the real problem is the friends list: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/09/25/wipeout-hd-broken/

Deleting friends gets the game working. If the key file were the problem, it wouldn't start the game at all.

Rubix42
25th September 2008, 08:53 PM
Seems like people have success playing offline as well.

zerojay
25th September 2008, 08:55 PM
Yes, logging off of PSN works as well.. but of course, only for offline gameplay. Each time you log back on and play, you freeze.

TheFrostE
25th September 2008, 08:56 PM
im downloading it as we speak!!!! so excited guys!!!!

zerojay
25th September 2008, 09:53 PM
I don't think I'll be playing it online until there's a patch. I have to first delete 50 people and somehow stop people from sending me friends requests... argh.

mangaroo
25th September 2008, 10:07 PM
Default acceleration sensitivity is 30% which means you need to press down X quite hard to actually move max speed - even at 80% sensitivity i see it drop to 67% speed when i want to go full speed - crazy! im going to try upping it to 90%

-mics dont work - league tables havent updated properly for me in a long time

apart from that, working really well - but for goodness sake, 30%?! who batters their controllers these days...

fusionfrenzy
25th September 2008, 10:12 PM
What an awesome game this is. I got my copy ('copy') earlier today, it took 1 hour 45 mins to download, but it was worth it. My favourite team is Goteki 45 (suprise suprise) and i've only had the game crash once online.

I noticed the leaderboards wouldnt update for me though- I was 5 seconds off the world record for Chengou Project on Venom, so i replayed it a couple of times and set 1:58, which was better than the 1:59 1st place. But as far as I know my new record still hasnt updated and im still 5th :/ .

Teething problems though, really. I mean, the game is stunning, best racing game of 2008.

Lance
25th September 2008, 10:22 PM
Dammit, all the positive raves [even in the ^Broken^ thread] are driving me crazy. This game is the only reason for me to get a PS3, and that is way expensive, not even counting the new tv to see it properly, and any other auxiliary goodies needed. If I could actually shriek, I'd insert a frustrated shriek }here.{

Sorry for offtopic rant. Carry on.

Frances_Penfold
25th September 2008, 10:26 PM
DO IT, Lance. DO IT!

I am downloading the game as we speak, so can't speak to any problems. But Neogaf is alight with folks with freezing problems, again apparently due to having too many friends.

Luckily (?!) I just got my PS3 and have no friends :/

fusionfrenzy
25th September 2008, 10:27 PM
You could always get a phone contract Lance. That's what I did. £30 per month for 9 months, crap phone, free PS3. Affordable and totally worth it for Wipeout HD.

^Same here Frances_Penfold, XD. I'm Wiped89 if you want to add me.

eLhabib
25th September 2008, 10:30 PM
Default acceleration sensitivity is 30% which means you need to press down X quite hard to actually move max speed - even at 80% sensitivity i see it drop to 67% speed when i want to go full speed - crazy! im going to try upping it to 90%

-mics dont work - league tables havent updated properly for me in a long time

apart from that, working really well - but for goodness sake, 30%?! who batters their controllers these days...

you're thinking the wrong way. the higher the percentage, the harder you have to press. if you want to have it totally unsensitive, always giving 100% power set it to the lowest setting!

Rapier Racer
25th September 2008, 10:42 PM
Thats the first thing I did, I noticed I was moving slower compared to the rest of the field until I applied more pressure than I'd like on the button, I have it on 10%.

HD is a great game, the online is so much better than Pulse, it's almost incomparable.

Wip3ou7
25th September 2008, 10:43 PM
Yes the game is amazing, I love it, but I can't play online until they patch the friends list issue. And I wish the custom music was actually from the XMB but oh well I can live with it like this I guess. I really want to go online with this game so please get a patch out soon! I have to stay logged out of the PSN to play :(

RJ O'Connell
25th September 2008, 10:45 PM
Wip3ou7: Not the news I wanted to hear since I am waiting on pins and needles for an opportunity to buy the system. :bomb

Ginger Stephen: Nice to hear the online is far better in HD, I just wouldn't want to be in any sort of proximity on the track where I could be hit with weapons fired by you :g

Rapier Racer
25th September 2008, 10:51 PM
If I may borrow a quote for a minute and change it slightly. The plasma is one size fits all and theres plenty for all of you. :twisted

mangaroo
25th September 2008, 11:17 PM
you're thinking the wrong way. the higher the percentage, the harder you have to press. if you want to have it totally unsensitive, always giving 100% power set it to the lowest setting!

thanks elhabib!

Skvall
25th September 2008, 11:45 PM
Dont make people buy very expensive HDMI cables please. :/
Its only needed if the cable are long.

nrXic
25th September 2008, 11:59 PM
Dammit, all the positive raves [even in the ^Broken^ thread] are driving me crazy. This game is the only reason for me to get a PS3, and that is way expensive, not even counting the new tv to see it properly, and any other auxiliary goodies needed. If I could actually shriek, I'd insert a frustrated shriek }here.{

If you lived close to me I'd invite you over! I live in Alberta, Canada, btw. :P

And I don't even have it yet, gonna head out and grab a pre-paid credit card (my credit card worked from PS3 launch until early this year, tried everything and it's not going to work again) to pick this up.

So people have been theorizing that issues have to do with:

Friend's List size
being connected to PSN (similar to GTAIV's issue)

One person claimed to have an original 60Gb console...but it hasn't been verified if it these issues are exclusive to owners of that console.

Maybe it would be nice if people could post some details if they had some issues, something like:

Where did it freeze?: (ie. during an offline race, during an online lobby, etc.)
How long were you playing before it happened:
How many friends are on your PSN friends list?:
What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?:

Y'know stuff like that. Someone else may think of a better little quiz than me. I just centered my Qs around the current theories.

Won't stop me from picking up the game though.

cybrpnk
26th September 2008, 12:14 AM

Cmon Lance...I think you should go for gold mate...only if you have the available funds of course...we don't want you eating 2 minute noodles for the next 10 years now do we???

Think about it...the more units we can shift...the more likely SL will create more DLC to support the game...am I right??? wrong??? I don't know...

Lance
26th September 2008, 12:47 AM
ot
}points out that his income is both fixed and small, and that his basic foodstuffs have risen in cost over the last 3 months by 34 to 65 percent.{
}Damn, but I hope Obama wins{
btt

Frances_Penfold
26th September 2008, 01:38 AM
The plasma is one size fits all and theres plenty for all of you. :twisted

Heh, I like that.

WOHD is working perfectly on my PS3 so far, knock on wood. Hope that it ends up working for everybody else as well :)

mangaroo
26th September 2008, 01:55 AM
i know this is perfeclty intended (probably from destroying the hopes of newcomers) but don't bother turning around to fire of a quake, just ends up going the forward direction

Wip3ou7
26th September 2008, 02:57 AM
Maybe it would be nice if people could post some details if they had some issues, something like:

Where did it freeze?: In any Menu in the game
How long were you playing before it happened: Right away when I select anything from the menu
How many friends are on your PSN friends list?: Roughly 75
What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?: OG 60gb

Note; When I sign off of the PSN I am able to play the game without problems. When I'm signed in (with my 50+ friends) the game freezes at every screen, I can't even get into a race of any type.

jmoid
26th September 2008, 11:06 AM
At least the ppl with broken versions can get it, the PSN store won't accept the details of any of my credit cards... I only wnat to give them my money.

xtriko
26th September 2008, 11:51 AM
I got 1 crash yesterday

lunar
26th September 2008, 11:59 AM
After going for a break, I came back and I thought I had a crash and the game had locked up on the online lobby, so I hard-reset the console. Then I realised I had picked up the Sixaxis, which wasn`t assigned, instead of the new Dualshock 3. :paperbag Need to remind self that I now own 2 wireless controllers.

i know this is perfeclty intended (probably from destroying the hopes of newcomers) but don't bother turning around to fire of a quake, just ends up going the forward direction

Great news, thanks SL. Though some people will not be happy. :twisted

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 12:39 PM
Hehehe...

Dogg Thang
26th September 2008, 12:44 PM
This is an unfortunate topic (even with the rather alarmist heading) but, after the disgraceful lack of quality control on Pulse, I can't say I'm hugely surprised. Actually, that's not totally true. With the delays and extra time, something Pulse clearly didn't get, I would have thought that quality control would be better. As a lot of the Pulse issues were drowned out by the initial excitement of a new game, it will be interesting to see how this develops.

In spite of these issues, there are glowing reports of the game itself everywhere.

blackwiggle
26th September 2008, 12:46 PM
Where did it freeze?: In any Menu in the game
How long were you playing before it happened: Right away when I select anything from the menu
How many friends are on your PSN friends list?: Roughly 75
What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?: OG 60gb

Note; When I sign off of the PSN I am able to play the game without problems. When I'm signed in (with my 50+ friends) the game freezes at every screen, I can't even get into a race of any type.

The guys at the AUS playstation forum were reporting the 50 friends [online] glitch,but found they only had it if their computer was signed into the playstation store or the PS forum at the same time as playing online.

Once they logged off the store or forum all was ok.

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 12:51 PM
Haven't encountered any crashes so far, only some slowdown when I start a race (sometimes the countdown takes a long time to start). Other than that it's perfect! I don't have a lot of friends online, yet, though....

zerojay
26th September 2008, 03:15 PM
It's been perfectly rock-solid for me.

taqili
26th September 2008, 03:36 PM
Where did it freeze?: Trying to get online
How long were you playing before it happened: Any amount of time between immediately starting it up and playing for 4 hours straight.
How many friends are on your PSN friends list?: about 15
What model of PS3 do you have, when was it made?: 40gig from when GTA IV came out

My problem: I can't get online and it always disconnects me from PSN when I am playing...I haven't had this problem with anything else...

edit: I got online just now :D maybe it was just weird yesterday...reset the modem and the router yesterday too to no effect.

taqili
26th September 2008, 11:37 PM
Soooooooo I posted in the It's Broken!! thread about this, but it started working mysteriously. Now it's back to not working, and I am not sure why. I can log in to PSN in the XMB with HD not running, but as soon as I try to go online it errors and logs me out. Any attempt to log in to PSN with the XMB while HD is running just gives more errors. I can quit HD and log back into the PSN just fine, but if HD runs, PSN does not. Any ideas?

Jambo
26th September 2008, 11:43 PM
First things first, do you have more than fifty friends in your psn friends list?

Lance
26th September 2008, 11:45 PM
Soooooooo I posted in the It's Broken!! thread about this, but it started working mysteriously. Now it's back to not working,~snip~

Shouldn't this still be in the It's Broken thread?
Well, it soon will be. :D

taqili
27th September 2008, 12:19 AM
Fair enough Lance. As I said, about 15 friends.

cybrpnk
27th September 2008, 01:28 AM
haven't had any problems here...no crashing....then again...I don't have 50 friends...:(

about the countdown starting late...I think the game is saving sometimes before the countdown...like data from the previous race...I was waiting for the countdown and the save icon was flashing in the top right hand corner...

got the honour of racing against Asayeah today...half grid and then one on one...on Phantom...this guy is fast...I was always a good 4 second behind him...aw well

back to practising