PDA

View Full Version : HD Online Meetings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hellfire_WZ
23rd September 2008, 04:07 PM
As with the Pure and Pulse threads, this thread is to let everyone know when you're online and up for a game

Myself, I'll be downloading the game as soon as I get home from the pub on Thursday and will be online for pretty much the entire evening. As I'm sure most of you will be, knowing you ;)

mclarensmps
23rd September 2008, 04:14 PM
I'll be grabbing it night of, and will be online as long as all the tracks are unlocked for racing, if not, I'm gonna be busy unlocking stuff for Arnaud's convention over the weekend!

RJ O'Connell
23rd September 2008, 04:21 PM
Status doubtful for the launch date, I'll see about splitting the cost of the system + game + headset with a parent within the next two weeks. Keep in mind I have to keep school needs first, and Wipeout second. (God, why am I saying that? :g)

Amon
23rd September 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm going to buy this day one for sure. I tend to stay offline a little with new games, not sure i'll do the same with Wipeout HD. I'm too curious to che check how it works online :)

Rubix42
23rd September 2008, 04:39 PM
I'll be available online to be beaten on day one. Hopefully I can learn some new tricks while losing to all of you.

stin
23rd September 2008, 04:41 PM
This might surprise you guys.

Depending how I feel and the weather, If it`s good, I will be out practising golf and if weather is bad then I will be there!;)

stevie:banzai

Architect
23rd September 2008, 04:43 PM
Add me.

PSN: PuristTPN

mclarensmps
23rd September 2008, 04:48 PM
This might surprise you guys.

Depending how I feel and the weather, If it`s good, I will be out practising golf and if weather is bad then I will be there!;)

stevie:banzai

Golf is awesome :D

lunar
23rd September 2008, 04:52 PM
Charlie, I`ve got a feeling you have just started what might become biggest thread in the site history. :)

I`ll be there a bit on Thursday, hopefully a LOT on Friday and Saturday and as often as I possibly can after that. Everyone please feel free to add me to your PSN.

eLhabib
23rd September 2008, 05:05 PM
same here! :hyper

rushin
23rd September 2008, 05:12 PM
i'm gonna at least win a few races offline before coming online. Little bro is over on friday to stay the weekend, he is huuuuge wipeout fan from ps1 days also. We will be on for a beating at some point over weekend though :)

Darkdrium777
23rd September 2008, 05:18 PM
I'll get it day one, be offline though beating the campaign so I'm ready for Friday. ;)

Hellfire_WZ
23rd September 2008, 05:19 PM
I'm not gonna be around on Friday, gutted I'm missing that. Will be on it all weekend though ;)

Mad-Ice
23rd September 2008, 05:35 PM
I will be there on Friday but Thursday will be for unlocking everything what I can! See y'all online.

Nadia Elenova
23rd September 2008, 10:19 PM
Same here! But I'll give it a go online on Thursday to see who's there. :P

KIGO1987
23rd September 2008, 10:25 PM
Seems like this is going to be a hot thread very soon. I feel sorry for the guys who do not have a PS3 yet, the Pulse Online servers will be abandoned, if not reasonable empty.

Ill be online on HD as soon as i unlock some of the ships i choose to use. Hopefully by friday arvo for a little while ill see if i can make an attmept to go online if im not going out:D

rdmx
24th September 2008, 12:06 AM
I'll try to get on come October 1st/2nd when I arrive back down under.
I can't wait! I've been playing too much pulse zone mode in preperation:blarg

leungbok
24th September 2008, 07:18 AM
If my plan of buying the black box 80go today works perfectly, i'll probably go online for a look, after unlocking at least flash speed ;)

INFAXSU
24th September 2008, 07:47 AM
I'm still more excited about the release of KlLLZONE 2 in february than WipEout HD (despite being released tomorrow). I doubt many ppl will be playing HD online in the long run... just like pulse...

Axel
24th September 2008, 07:51 AM
Little faith this one has :).

Chill
24th September 2008, 07:58 AM
If I get a PS3, I'm going to continue to play Wipeout, but I'm also definately getting some other games... (Far Cry 2, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Kingdom Hearts III eventually, as well as Final Fantasy Versus XIII) and others later on, but Wipeout remains the reason why I would buy the PS3... all other games I wouldn't pay 500 bucks for...

jmoid
24th September 2008, 08:08 AM
Although it'll be difficult to resist, I probably won't be online until Friday, I'll need to get used to the tracks and unlock stuff... hopefully, I should be online by Friday afternoon, UK time.

INFAXSU
24th September 2008, 08:19 AM
I'd like to say i'm dating a couple of models from work thursday night but i'm just gonna practice offline until i'm ready to bring my stuff online, i want to get a strong start to my rank (wait until the top 3O is established first)

Nadia Elenova
24th September 2008, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately I haven't been practicing because I lend my PSP to a friend to introduce him in the world of wipeout.
But I'll catch you soon!! :banzai

BaldyCurly
24th September 2008, 09:02 AM
Not had any practice either and I am getting too old for this I fear but I will be online tomorrow evening!

Asayyeah
24th September 2008, 10:03 AM
I second what Stephen said : that's gonna be the ultimate biggest thread in the Zone history !! After mine through Pure ( KAi Rendez-vous) , Tom's one for Pulse ( online Meeting) and now yours Charlie :p

Talking about thursday : i am buzzing to find a hot spot to DL it yesterday , since it's not working at formation Center , i need to go downtown Beauvais to a cyber-café ( like a coffeshop with free wifi), i have phoned the guy this morning and he is ok but i need to bring my small lcd tv with me so i asked the teachers from my center to leave 1 hour before. Hope i can finish the DL before doors close, otherwise my last solution will be finishing it at Mc Donalds !

Anyway i ll be connected friday ;)

TearsToShreds
24th September 2008, 10:07 AM
You probably won't see me online for at least two weeks, I need my practice really badly! Haven't played any Pulse or Pure in months, only 3 SE, and I don't think practicing that will make you any good at HD. :P

Axel
24th September 2008, 10:22 AM
Hmmm guys practising with the PSP will be a lot different than the actual game. I have a feeling the crafts will handle different. Least we can re-learn the tracks again :)

KingTalo
24th September 2008, 01:59 PM
Sign me up! I'm ready to get eliminated (just as soon as i finish the campaign). I'll be on Friday night/the weekend for sure.

PSNID: KingTalo

Architect
24th September 2008, 02:46 PM
Sign me up as well: PuristTPN.

I should be online all night Thursday.

Amorbis
24th September 2008, 03:02 PM
I should be online tomorrow if I'm not too busy on the campaign mode. I want to try and unlock Icarus before I take anyone on, either that or Piranha. My PSN ID is Amorbis.

Flashback Jack
24th September 2008, 03:09 PM
I can see it now -- entire grids of online races populated by Icaras pilots. :)

SouthendRage
24th September 2008, 03:14 PM

Not me!! I'll probably use the Pirahna, but if I get eliminated too often I might choose a ship with stronger sheild, that won't be icarus if things are as usual with the sheilds on it. I say pure speed may be not enough :P

Hope I see some of you tommorow, watch out for that Pirahna! :banzai

Sumimasen
24th September 2008, 04:22 PM
What's all this 'I'm not playing until I've practiced' bollocks?!?

Does no one just play for fun anymore? I hope it's not going to be all hyper-competitive and too serious - that ain't my bag, baby.

Well as soon as I've unlocked the Icaras, I'll be there. As my WO skills are well past their prime, I'll be the perennial back marker and proud of it!

Winning isn't everything - blasting Triakis with a quake - now THAT's all I need!

KIGO1987
24th September 2008, 04:39 PM
I still play for fun. There was nothing better in Pulse than doing an Eliminator challenge in Vertica White/Black phantom speed with 25Kills with Triakis and listening to some truely kick arse tunes:rock:

Also droping a few reverse quakes in leungboks face in online races in Pulse:g I cant do too much of that anymore since that frenchman has become a really strong condender in online sessions.... Damn you:lol

leungbok
24th September 2008, 04:49 PM
Well, me i just bought my ps3 today :) And i will try HD online today as soon as i got the download done. I just think that fun will be bigger on flash speed at least than the boring's venom class ;)
PSN id : leungbok
I'm strongly determined to not let that happen again (Kigo's backquakes) lol

Rapier Racer
24th September 2008, 06:30 PM

That would be pretty sweet because I would happily kill the lot of them! :banzai:twisted

TearsToShreds
24th September 2008, 06:42 PM
Goteki ftw.

And yes, actually, screw the 'practice first' bollocks, it'll be much more fun learning everything online again!

Darkdrium777
24th September 2008, 09:45 PM
The thing is that if we go online immediately after buying the game it will be very boring very quickly, with only a few ships and a few tracks unlocked. Best to work on unlocking the content as fast as you can for friday, so we can have some crazy sessions over the week-end :D

xtriko
24th September 2008, 09:54 PM
I'm not making anykind of plans for practicing. when i get the game, I'll see what i want to do. online, offline, or splitscreen with my wife.
for those who don't have me on the ps3 friends list
PSN ID: xtriko
feel free to add ;)

jmoid
24th September 2008, 10:15 PM
What's all this 'I'm not playing until I've practiced' bollocks?!?

Does no one just play for fun anymore? I hope it's not going to be all hyper-competitive and too serious - that ain't my bag, baby.

You're right, of course... I'll want to unlock some ships at least, but you've inspired me to get online sooner rather than later. Cheers :)

Nadia Elenova
24th September 2008, 10:22 PM
YESSIR! First things first! I'm not quite good myself and I'll be there! Fear my quakes!

JABBERJAW
24th September 2008, 10:27 PM
RJ, How are you going to get on, if it is not released in North America, which I don't think it will right away.

Colin Berry
24th September 2008, 10:31 PM
It is out tomorrow (25th) in Europe and America afaik

JABBERJAW
24th September 2008, 11:59 PM
thank you, I'll be looking for it. I should take the day off, but I have coaching commitments after school, so if I showed up for that, I would hear, "I thought you were sick"

Sumimasen
25th September 2008, 09:26 AM
You're right, of course... I'll want to unlock some ships at least, but you've inspired me to get online sooner rather than later. Cheers :)

I'll give you that! ;)

as I said, I'll be unlocking the Icaras before I go online - having seen the Gamersyde vid of Sol 2, my second choice (Piranha) looks like a nightmare in the handling stakes! I may switch allegiance to Assegai for my single player racing - purely as that ship looks so kick ass in HD! :banzai

Ho hum. Work is doubly boring knowing that HD is released this evening. C'mon time! Hurry up and get to 5.30!!! I'll be online at some point tonight - Icaras or not.

OT: I'm supposed to be doing a hand-sketched illustration for a big campaign today, but I keep sketching WipEout ships in the corners of my pad... Preoccupied much!!!

Asayyeah
25th September 2008, 12:02 PM
Oh yes Here's my ID: SouthendRage

No :turd please! Unless it's the funny kind :P

Oh, if anyone'd like to add me, here's my username: TearsToShreds. :)

PSN ID : Mad_Max1978

That could be awesome guys if you can upload your gamer TAG directly into that existing thread : http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4012

Maybe Lance or Jay can duplicate this also here as a 'sticky topic' that could be usefull

Ota
25th September 2008, 05:09 PM
For now all I can see to dedicate a game is to maximize the friends count to the maximum players count. There is no way of disabling the pilot assist from the game host side. If we want real competition we need to organize. :+

flashbax
25th September 2008, 05:38 PM
if u guys are on line now let me know, i'll just be doing some off line stuff (flashbax1) God i love this game its gonna make me a social recluse and my missus will leave me but its all worth it...

Hellfire_WZ
25th September 2008, 07:12 PM
I'm back from college, I'm pissed, and I'm getting ready to get totally spanked online! ;)

lunar
25th September 2008, 08:18 PM
This game is the dog`s danglers online. :cowboy

Eight player races are smooth as you like and no more squinting at a little PSP screen, great job SL. :rock

infoxicated
25th September 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm getting ready to get totally spanked online! ;)
Yes, I've seen your YouTube videos... kinky! :D

Lance
25th September 2008, 09:52 PM
---- :lol :clap :clap

Shozovulnai
25th September 2008, 09:56 PM
Heyyy, there're couple of guys I bumped into during a Phantom tournament, followed by a tournament of one Phantom while the others were Rapier. Small world ain't it?

oggob
26th September 2008, 12:10 AM
Hello All,

Every now and then I have floated back here to check out whats happening here, kind of lurked I guess... anyway... I'm not sure what times I'll actually playing 'online' at the moment, but that's just half the fun...

So figured I'd just post in here first and also the PS3 Handle thread to let alot of you know I am still hovering around (so to speak! ;) )...

PSN ID : oggob

Just know I am totally going to suck at this version of the game... :)

Cheers! :D

cybrpnk
26th September 2008, 12:12 AM
been a long time since I've seen the name oggob on these forums...:)

will add you first thing I get home...man...WipEout HD is the best thing to happen since...since...since...

er...

2097??? (Dare I even say that???)

Lance
26th September 2008, 12:51 AM
Brent, I know that you must have been salivating whilst waiting for HD in zone mode to arrive. :D

oggob
26th September 2008, 01:02 AM
I went through many a bucket... and pants... :p

:D

and, just a slight correction... Brett... but meh...

Lance
26th September 2008, 01:06 AM
OOPs. I'm very sorry, Brett. It's been a loooong time.

----

Let it be known throughout the land, that Lance's memory is not perfect.

Not quite. :g

oggob
26th September 2008, 01:15 AM
It's no biggie, beside I'm one to talk... hell, I would struggle with pretty much everyone's real names... ah... (looks at above post) Lance... :p

Always been one to remember people by screen names and nothing more...

TheFrostE
26th September 2008, 01:24 AM
just a heads up guys the psn is: TheFrostE, been playing through mostly campaign today. but did get those first two trophies for online play, i love this game! so fellow WZ members old and new, shoot me a friend request

Jambo
26th September 2008, 02:10 AM
In maybe the most random thing to happen lately my uni internet has both started to accept my ps3 and gain speed. Therefore i am now online to race if anyone wishes to add me!!!

xtriko
26th September 2008, 02:11 AM
GOD!!! 9h non stop! i made a few phantom races with Darkdrium777 and it was awesome! Mate, you rock! :D

Balrog
26th September 2008, 03:37 AM
I'm jealous of you all. 4hrs til I leave the office, 1 hr commute, then probably another 4hrs until the wife and kids are all tucked in bed :eek

Then I might get to play some... :cowboy

Wip3ou7
26th September 2008, 04:09 AM
I wish I could play online with you guys... I'm pwnd by the "over 50 friends" bug.

Darkdrium777
26th September 2008, 04:41 AM
Mate, you rock! :DTo be honest it was only the second time he went through the reverse tracks. The first time I was eliminated every thirty seconds. :O Of course on the forward tracks I fared better because I knew them, but you still had to get used to the new physics.

Great races indeed!

Also I figured out what the panels on the sides of the track were used for. :lol

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 07:58 AM
Let it be known throughout the land, that Lance's memory is not perfect.

:eek I'm shocked!

Asayyeah
26th September 2008, 08:04 AM
So figured I'd just post in here first and also the PS3 Handle thread to let alot of you know I am still hovering around (so to speak! ;) )...

PSN ID : oggob

Monsieur Holland that's cool to see you back here and yeah i am gonna add you for sure ;)

Looking forward to check your future insane Zone records ;)

Back to online stuff : i am shaking just thinking about my 1st online race this coming afternoon and not talking about the weekend : 10 friends invited in my house for the HD-friendship-meeting.
That's gonna be awesome :O

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 08:08 AM
Stupid question: Since this marks the first time I actually played online on my PS3, can anyone tell me how I go about quickly inviting friends to my lobby? Is there even a way for doing that? I'm xbox-spoiled in that regard, I really hope the PS3 does have those community features, and I just couldn't find them...

lunar
26th September 2008, 08:21 AM
Unless I`m missing something there doesn`t seem to be an easy way to do it, I`m wondering what`s the best way to find fellow zoners from my PSN list, so that I can get my arse kicked!

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 08:26 AM
I will find YOU, don't you worry :twisted

lunar
26th September 2008, 09:01 AM
Cripes :cold

I`ve played almost all online so far, apart from finishing grid 1. At some point I will have to unlock the other stuff, but online is so much fun.

Wip3ou7
26th September 2008, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't know because I cant play online yet /cry

emwu23
26th September 2008, 10:07 AM
GOD!!! 9h non stop! :D

Hey Xtriko so I understand why you were so fast.
Thanx for the 12 race tournament.

xtriko
26th September 2008, 11:54 AM
AH! that was you! your nick was familiar to me, but, since I was pretty drunk XD i didn't remember well lol
yeah! the tournament was sweet :D let's do it again later? :D feel free to add me to your ps3 friends ;)

Axel
26th September 2008, 12:06 PM
Online is really fun, there is always a mad battle at the back. It's all about escaping as quickly as possible lol.

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 12:32 PM
Yup, the battles are intense. Flying an Icaras online is definitely asking to get eliminated! Once it flies past the competition it's unstoppable though. :D

I sadly haven't met any Zoners yet, just new players who apparently didn't know what a barrel roll is.

Axel
26th September 2008, 01:18 PM
Me and Rem are playing now, add us and join the game mate.

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 03:21 PM
It's funny how most of the noobs are using the more manueverable craft. Cracked me up when I hit Anulpha pass last night and it was my Piranha versus 3 AG SYS and 2 Feisar's. Easy pickings for now.

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 03:30 PM
Just wanted to do a quick report on my online experiences so far. Had a couple of tourneys with RR, Xtriko, NZLion, Mad-Ice, Hellfire, ... sorry if I forgot some. all I can say so far is:
THIS GAME IS THE SHITS ONLINE! WOW! Didn't notice any lag or slowdown whatsoever. Only strange thing is that sometimes, some ships are transparent and you can't hit them (no, I don't mean right after the start, I know THAT...). Is that the same as it was with Pure multiplayer? Sync issues?

Anyway, great races, guys - more on the weekend!

Flashback Jack
26th September 2008, 03:31 PM
It's funny how most of the noobs are using the more manueverable craft. Cracked me up when I hit Anulpha pass last night and it was my Piranha versus 3 AG SYS and 2 Feisar's. Easy pickings for now.

For now indeed. :)

- F

HydrogLox
26th September 2008, 04:40 PM
Didn't notice any lag or slowdown whatsoever. Only strange thing is that sometimes, some ships are transparent and you can't hit them ... Sync issues?

My guess: In a manner of speaking. Synchronization issues would cause slowdown. I'd assume that the game (on the server or your PS3) only has stale "telemetry" on the other craft so instead of forcing synchronization it replaces it with a predictive "ghost" for you to race against. However as the game seems to be momentarily out of contact with that craft it wouldn't be able to deal any damage to it anyway; so the "transparency" tells you: don't bother to waste any ordnance. That would be a compromise for dealing with real-world networking issues which maintains the racing nature of the game at a slight cost to the combat aspect. It would be more interesting to find out whether you can actually pass through that "ghost" - it should only seem fair as that craft currently "enjoys" protection from any weapons fire, therefore it shouldn't be able to block your path either.

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 04:42 PM
I believe you can pass through the ghosting ships.

Case in point, played a tourney last night and 1 person dropped out. His ship sat at the starting grid for the remaining races, and I flew through it multiple times.

Darkdrium777
26th September 2008, 05:05 PM
If you are at the back of the pack at the start and get the turbo, you can pass some of the newbies by going straight through them. Also, you can get hit if you are ghosting, and you can hit other people if they are ghosting (With weapons, not with collisions).

HydrogLox
26th September 2008, 05:07 PM
I believe you can pass through the ghosting ships.
This gives rise to another interesting scenario. It is conceivable that you can beat a "predictive ghost" over the finishing line only to find out that the actual competitor placed in front of you because the "predictive ghost" was "too slow". (Of course the opposite could also happen but I can't imagine anybody complaining about that.) Ultimately the actual finishing times determine your finishing position.

Rubix42
26th September 2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, that's the issue with any online game, despite the netcode on this being extremely well put together, you'll always have latency to deal with.

I'm just praying that no easy cheats are discovered that can give people an unfair edge.

Anyways, anyone looking for races tonight, please add me. I'll be on from 9:00 EST until I pass out.

The Boye
26th September 2008, 06:13 PM
I'' be caning this all weekend. Feel free to add my PSN.

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 07:19 PM
My guess: In a manner of speaking. Synchronization issues would cause slowdown. I'd assume that the game (on the server or your PS3) only has stale "telemetry" on the other craft so instead of forcing synchronization it replaces it with a predictive "ghost" for you to race against. However as the game seems to be momentarily out of contact with that craft it wouldn't be able to deal any damage to it anyway; so the "transparency" tells you: don't bother to waste any ordnance. That would be a compromise for dealing with real-world networking issues which maintains the racing nature of the game at a slight cost to the combat aspect. It would be more interesting to find out whether you can actually pass through that "ghost" - it should only seem fair as that craft currently "enjoys" protection from any weapons fire, therefore it shouldn't be able to block your path either.

exactly what I meant by 'synch issues like in Pure', but thanks for expanding ;)

TearsToShreds
27th September 2008, 07:58 PM
Just had two tourneys with Axel and Haymister and wow, that was intense! Both me and Axel came out first in the first tourney, then Haymister joined to kick our butts! Missile after missile after missile. Anyone interested in some races without weapons? :p

mdhay
27th September 2008, 08:02 PM
Be glad to race you again, muse.;)

Axel
27th September 2008, 08:05 PM
Hehehehe that was intense indeed :)

mdhay
27th September 2008, 08:23 PM
Anyone up for a Makana Prix league?

captaingrim
27th September 2008, 08:32 PM
I believe the ghosting is also used to prevent griefing (i.e. temporarily disable players who are mucking around and trying to spoil the game!

Task
27th September 2008, 08:54 PM
What? Brilliant! But... how do you detect a griefer?

Hmm, that's an interesting problem. By what heuristics can you determine griefing action? *ponders*...

Darkdrium777
27th September 2008, 08:58 PM
Each time you are hit by a weapon or go backwards even a tiny bit after hitting a column, you ghost.

Wip3ou7
27th September 2008, 09:01 PM
I cant wait to get in some decent races... I tried racng Dark and cn this morning when I first woke up and it just went all wrong for me lol.... I started with pilot assist on accidently (was getting the trophy for it last night) so I paused to turn it off knowing i was gonna lose either way... then i was complaining about it between the races and i couldnt close the xmb and send the msg in time so i lost that race, at that point i was so pissed i didnt even compete.... DAMMIT! And I sucked anyway cuz I just woke up n had to go to work... I WILL REDEEM MYSELF! I WILL! YOU HEAR ME!? Lol... seriously though... I cant wait till sunday night, I have 3 days in a row off and I will be honing my WOHD skills, finishing campaign, and taking the domination online again! FOR REAL THIS TIME! lol

lunar
27th September 2008, 09:14 PM
I wouldn`t mind some good races too, unfortunately I had a cold and felt like **** so far since HD was released. Hopefully get going properly soon!

It would be great if ghosting would stop "griefers". Maybe it just targets ships that aren`t moving forward much, such as people operating a park and shoot tactic to spoil the game. Great work by SL if so.

Wip3ou7
27th September 2008, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=lunar;98748] I had a cold and felt like **** so far since HD was released.QUOTE]

ARGH I also got sick on tuesday! I'm almost over it, but I've been sick the whole time HD has been out, and it DEFINATELY affects my play...

OH YEAH
Reverse Quake does not work in HD!! I pulled a 180-quake the other day and it fired forwards even though I was facing back

Also, I found out (with a perfectly timed pause/photomode) that the zone mode color sweep does not come from behind you, but actually originates from your ship (two bands actually appear from your ship, one that goes forward and one that goes backwards) changing the zone color!! AWESOME screenshot!

mdhay
28th September 2008, 07:05 AM
Had some good races with mclarensmps last night.

Mad-Ice
28th September 2008, 09:59 AM
Pheww, I am so hot I might catch a fever!! Well I did too. Tuesday it all began and feeling miserable on launchday, so I only played for 1,5 hours. But every time I sneeze I boost ahead so no problems there!:dizzy. Online in the afternoon around 15:00 h.

C Y'all!

oggob
28th September 2008, 10:16 AM
Ok... I've resigned to not play online just yet, I'll be playing offline until there is more info on the Friend's list bug... couple of times now I've not even been able to actually select anything in the menu unless I was offline... :(

So will be slowly progressing through the campaign mode (currently grinding the trophies for Burnout) and that is nearly done anyway, so I will be putting my full attention to WipEout HD...

Still trying to get used to the ships and a control scheme... find a favourite ship... and etc... lol

lunar
28th September 2008, 12:47 PM
Tuesday it all began and feeling miserable on launchday

that`s three of us - what`s going on? This is clearly Microsoft black-ops.

I have to say the online play is insanely smooth, even when racing people in the US from here in Europe. However they did this, it`s terrific. Just need to sort out the points thing and other bugs and it will be almost perfect.

Getting rid of backquakes is a great decision. They were funny for 3 weeks in 2005, and after that were just old. Well, maybe they were ok between mates on kai or Pulse online, but in a big PS3 release they would be a disaster with race-spoilers everywhere. And with respawning there`s no tactical reason to have the ability to BQ - you can`t kill your opponent to win anything anyway.

The only messing about I have seen is people switching slow tours to Phantom speed in the lobby - a selfish and dumb practice imo. What makes it even more dumb is that these people can`t usually play phantom anyway and just eliminate themselves. Bizarre behaviour. :dizzy

I have done my first online death and rebirth. I dropped to from 2nd to 5th place then recovered to finish 3rd. Therefore I think respawning is terrific. ;)

Mad-Ice
28th September 2008, 01:45 PM
Yes microsoft black-ops are involved, it just has to be!!! Sorry guys for not being online. I fell asleep, still very tired from the cold I got. I try to be online playing with you all around 20:00 h. Here's to hoping to stay awake.

Lunar about what you said with respawning in races with weapons on I agree, but can you look into the thread I made: racing with weapon off.

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 02:34 PM
I hope I can make it at 20:00 - would love to race you guys! How do you meet up online? The messaging system on the PS3 is really slow and useless :(

Jambo
28th September 2008, 02:38 PM
Anyone online now? Just going on now myself. Will create a race so just click on JamboGT!

Ok room created EU Tournament Phantom

Axel
28th September 2008, 03:34 PM
Add me Jambo, me and Haymister are slugging it out at the moment :)

mdhay
28th September 2008, 05:54 PM
And we still are.:)

Axel
28th September 2008, 06:03 PM
Always a pleasure racing against you mate. learned some new racing lines by following you lol. Time to do some speed laps :)

Rubix42
28th September 2008, 06:07 PM
Pleasure racing with you fellas, looking forward to trying it again in the future.

Sol 2 ate me alive, looks like I need to practice on the reverse.

Axel
28th September 2008, 06:10 PM
lol, no offense, i thought u had gone AFK there cause u killed me in the first three races and totally disappeared in the last one. I knew sol 2 reverse would catch one of u guys out :P.

As always, nice racing wit you Rubix

Rubix42
28th September 2008, 06:17 PM
None taken at all. I hadn't played Sol2 in reverse yet period, let alone on phantom, I was actually surprised I didn't get lapped:redface:

Looking forward to the rematch, say tonight or tomorrow night I hope.

Renegäde
28th September 2008, 07:30 PM
I'll be on in a couple of hours if anyone wants a race. And most weeknight evenings.

mdhay
28th September 2008, 07:34 PM
Cheers to:

eLhabib
Hellfire
Stin
Luengbok
KIGO
cmnth
TheFrostE

Good Races!:+

eLhabib
28th September 2008, 08:26 PM
Dudes, that one tourney with 8 skilled players AND weapons on was just too much to take for me - I just got trashed from all sides! Next tourney without weapons was a lot different ;) Thanks guys!

Avenger2197
29th September 2008, 05:40 AM
I would like to thank Rubix for that awesome tournament. It's too bad I didn't know the last two courses better. Thanks again!

Rubix42
29th September 2008, 06:03 AM
Thanks for joining. Looking forward to the rematch!

Too bad we went from 6 people to 2 in a matter of 4 races. Can't say that I blame them though, Sebenco Reverse is one evil track, yet I seem to find it much more enjoyable than forwards.

Skvall
29th September 2008, 01:46 PM
Its really sad to see this crippled online world on the ps3 when you are used to xbox live yes, I agree. It could be done better than in WOHD though. So im a little dissapointed on that anyway.

I really nag about this but play PGR4 online on xbox 360 and see how things should be. I just want to replace the cars, tracks and physics with wipeout and you have the perfect game. :]

jmoid
29th September 2008, 02:31 PM
I finally managed to get the PSN store to accept my credit card today, so I'll probably be online most weekday afternoons - weekdays in the UK that is, so round about now.

Rubix42
29th September 2008, 05:10 PM
I'll be on at 9:00 EST in the US (I think that's -5 GMT, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Hoping we can get a good crew going, I have yet to race with a full tourney of Zone pilots. Also, I plan on making plenty of friend requests using the PSN network thread as I haven't taken time to do that yet.

SOLIDAge
29th September 2008, 05:48 PM
I have the day off and will be online pretty much all day.

Please feel free to invite me as a friend my ID is SOLLDAGE
I'll be happy to play with you guys! love this game!

stin
29th September 2008, 06:08 PM
I did enjoyed online races on weekend there but I was struggling to compete with you guys! So, I will need to work on that!

stevie:)

Rubix42
30th September 2008, 01:31 AM
I'm on now if anyone if looking to race. Also sending out friend requests to those of you I haven't yet.

SuperNova
30th September 2008, 06:46 AM
im online now, up for a race rubix?:dizzy

Rubix42
30th September 2008, 06:49 AM
Sure, just a couple and then I'm off to bed. Send me a friend request and I'll boot back up.

I'm going with some easier tracks cause I'm dog tired.

The Gracer
30th September 2008, 07:10 AM
im on now, hosting - join! im keen to race some of you fullas :P

Boost
30th September 2008, 07:18 AM
Sure, just a couple and then I'm off to bed. Send me a friend request and I'll boot back up.

I'm going with some easier tracks cause I'm dog tired.

GG Rubix, tied for 2nd with ya on 3/4, but I ate it pretty hard on the last track.

SuperNova
30th September 2008, 07:38 AM
Good game Gracer, i beat you on moa therma and sebenco reverse but you got me on the pass and vineta. Granted ive only owned the game for a day :P

multibodydynamics
30th September 2008, 10:07 AM
How about trying to obtain that Bling Brigade Trophy?
Today I will be online at 7 PM to 8 PM (GMT) starting single races. Join me and we'll make it for sure! Remember, you MUST choose an unlocked ship skin! My online name is MrOrbital.

Darkdrium777
30th September 2008, 10:50 AM
Can't come, I will be at school. Week-end is fine though, so if you can relocate to Saturday or Sunday, I'll make sure to come.

flashbax
30th September 2008, 11:17 AM
I should be on 7-8 GMT...But i only use my ASSEGAI

The Gracer
30th September 2008, 11:57 AM
Good game Gracer, i beat you on moa therma and sebenco reverse but you got me on the pass and vineta. Granted ive only owned the game for a day :P

You show promise as an AG-Pilot if you are that good after a days worth of play!

I look forward to future runs :)

cnmth
30th September 2008, 01:49 PM
Whoho had some cool races last weekend!
Really intense and fast!
Lets do some more of those ;)

Sorry that i dident used my campaign skin yet.. but got it now.

ggs! mdhay elhabib hellfire stin leungbok kigo madice thefroste.

:pirate

Hellfire_WZ
30th September 2008, 05:44 PM
12-race tourney up for anyone who wants the Endurance medal

Rubix42
2nd October 2008, 05:04 AM
Good tourney Avenger. Looking forward to the next session.

TearsToShreds
2nd October 2008, 02:45 PM
That was a nice tourney, Leungbok! Sadly the tournament bug messed up my score but I got back to second place fortunately! And man, that Mirage pilot was fast!

The Gracer
2nd October 2008, 08:31 PM
Crob - that last race at metropia was exhilarating! Im sorry to have so cruelly taken that victory from you... ;)

Dogg - we had some good races, our first race at moa therma was a good one. That cannon i hit you with was lucky :P

Dogg Thang
2nd October 2008, 09:08 PM
Heh, you kicked my ass around every track when it was just the two of us. I thought you might let me win Moa Therma but, alas, it was not to be. Fun races!

The Gracer
2nd October 2008, 09:43 PM
I would have liked to give you more of a challenge in the second tour but the others wouldn't have a bar of it! I had to race HARD to stay in 3rd, the weapons fire was unbearable...

Moa Therma was an awesome race from my viewpoint - once again, it took intense concentration to catch up! Good races. :)

eLhabib
2nd October 2008, 09:59 PM
Just had a couple of cool races with Asymel and leungbok. What really frustrates me in races with 8 people is that I always seem to start at the very back, and getting shoved around in my feeble little Assegai so badly at the beginning of the race, that the players in front have enough time to get away from me :bomb

oh and 'sorry' for that long rocket on the anulpha skill cut strip, final lap, leungbok :P ehehehe

leungbok
2nd October 2008, 11:11 PM
I noticed that ;)

Rubix42
3rd October 2008, 02:14 AM
Up and online, let me know if you'd like to play.

eLhabib
3rd October 2008, 01:29 PM
heading online right now (early weekend, yay!) - would love to race some 'zoners! :)

flashbax
3rd October 2008, 01:36 PM
I'll be on around 7pm tonight, and sorry if anyone joined a game i was hosting the other nite its sods law that just as i set it up the phone rings...:naughty

TearsToShreds
3rd October 2008, 01:38 PM
Wish I could get online, but once again it just keeps connecting...

Hellfire_WZ
3rd October 2008, 05:22 PM
Gonna take a hiatus from online for a brief while, the last few trophies are coming within my grasp. I will be back on soon though :)

leungbok
3rd October 2008, 05:38 PM
Very tense races with El-Habib (with spécial guest Kigo for a while). Great fun, that race on ubermall with me hitting you with plasma (not enough to kill you, damn :brickwall) and you at the next lap waiting for me with yours, and my little "leechy". But all of this ended by my death on a wall, a few disapointed, no ?;)
Cya soon online, mates.

eLhabib
3rd October 2008, 06:51 PM
That Ubermall race was great! At one time, you jumped over me at the finish straight with a turbo, and hit the sign and exploded! That was spectacular! (or was that Kigo, not sure...)
Anyway, great races!

mdhay
3rd October 2008, 08:11 PM
I can't go online anymore - it keeps freezing when I'm signed in.:(

leungbok
3rd October 2008, 08:43 PM
El, it was me the "kamikaze";)

Hey, Stin, when i was entering the room on that "SIDSIDSID"'s race, i was expecting phantom's adrenalin. And i was disapointed when the hoster suddenly changed for flash speed. But the fight with you on anulpha was hilarious : I was laughing when i held a missile from half a lap, to hit you just on the highway. I laughed too when you did me the same next lap, but luckyly i succeded a br on my falling and it allowed me to get close to you and to hit your icaras?assegaï? with rockets:banzai

I hope you were not in your bath with the hdtv and the big black box on the soap holder ;)

Asymeel
3rd October 2008, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm online now. PSN ID : ASYMEL.

I'd enjoy playing with good players :)

Rubix42
4th October 2008, 01:25 AM
I'm currently online, looking for a good race. Hit me up with a message if you want to join.

Asayyeah
4th October 2008, 03:18 AM
Had a great night Offline and online with Dag at home we were switching from flash to phantom eachother, so thx to every pilots we met tonight ( Locus2K,Expitarius, The FrostE, Emwu23 and many others)

Hope to race you tomorrow :)

Rubix42
4th October 2008, 03:51 AM
Had a couple of intense races with
Kigo, Axel, TheFrostE, and Avenger tonight. Wip3ou7 joined us for a moment, but I think his connection dropped off.

Kigo and TheFrost split most of the races with Kigo coming out on top by a couple of points on each of the tourneys. I took first once or twice, wish I could say it was more than that though. I'll get you guys next time!

I also learned that if you activate your mic during a race, you take a 10 second penalty because the system chugs for a moment, learned my lesson there. Went from first to last on Moa Therma when it happened.

KIGO1987
4th October 2008, 04:26 AM
Those races where very tight. I thought i was truly fcked at the end of Cheungou Project in the second tournament when i got eliminated. But amazingly i actually pulled through at the end of the tournament with my trusty understeering Goteki:D I dont recall racing TheFrostE, Rubix42 and Avenger in Pulse before. I do recall racing Wip3ou7 a few times. Good to race you guys for the first time:beer Looking forward for more online races next time with you's.

BTW Frost, **** me, ive never seen a FEISAR ship go that fast before. You know how to use that ship well.

I need to get a headset. Interesting listening to the conversations in the lobby. Lol, at the first tournament race at Cheungou. Who said "this is ****ed!". Looooool.

stin
4th October 2008, 07:44 AM
Hey, Stin, when i was entering the room on that "SIDSIDSID"'s race, i was expecting phantom's adrenalin. And i was disapointed when the hoster suddenly changed for flash speed. But the fight with you on anulpha was hilarious : I was laughing when i held a missile from half a lap, to hit you just on the highway. I laughed too when you did me the same next lap, but luckyly i succeded a br on my falling and it allowed me to get close to you and to hit your icaras?assegaï? with rockets:banzai

I hope you were not in your bath with the hdtv and the big black box on the soap holder ;)

Heh!, Yeah unusual nickname for that guy and seriously I was glad to see your name on it and it was really funny while racing with you!:hyper I was using Icarus and Assegai

We will need to race with you again!;) but I`m still need alot of work on Phantom level!

Oh! and yes I was planning to do that in my bath but my wife says to me "No ****ing chance......darling!" Oh well I`ve tried! :g

leungbok
4th October 2008, 02:29 PM
^^ Stin, :beer

I too have to learn those f*****g ubermall and sol2 reverses to be able of being a decent contender on each track.

Assegaï and Icaras, good choice, i'll see if the AG system is compétitive over the long term.8)
Looking forward racing you again:hyper

Gavin_
4th October 2008, 02:47 PM
I raced against (or tried to trail actually) elHabib yesterday. Remembered his name from the leaderboardtimes so I knew he was fast. Lost eight times or so but managed to win once. =D

He pointed me to here and look at this: A Wipeout forum! :hyper

eLhabib
4th October 2008, 03:26 PM
Hey Gavin! Now, don't downplay yourself, you were really tough competition, and more often than not my victory was due to weapon luck! Hope to race you again soon, and glad you found the 'Zone - welcome! :)

Rubix42
4th October 2008, 05:20 PM
Today was my first chance to play against our friends overseas in a group. My hat is off to you, everyone is really good. I think I only challenged for first on one race.

Good racing, I look forward to a rematch after I do some more time trials!

Asayyeah
4th October 2008, 06:58 PM
Currently into a mini tour with the muse !

Great phantom tournament & races ( a bit always the same tracks but why not :) )
Sorry i needed to quit you lauched to quickly your rapier tourney and i didn't want that speed ;)

TearsToShreds
4th October 2008, 07:26 PM
Heh, yeah that was fun! Can't believe I actually won. Very close tho. And sorry, I set it to rapier because I wanted to practice some reverse tracks. :)

TheFrostE
4th October 2008, 10:27 PM
that was me KIGO...i hit an auto pilot after a perfect double barrel roll at the start of chengou, and i started bouncing around the hairpin and auto pilot launched me into the top of the arch way >_< ! but yea, amazing races, feisar IS my baby, ive been using him for all of the games since the very start :p. excellent races for everyone else too.

on another note, awesome organization today by elhabib , me and 7 other fellow members grabbed our bling brigades this morning.

ill be on tonight everyone!

Wip3ou7
4th October 2008, 11:13 PM
Sorry about dropping last night guys. During the first 2 races I was on the phone with my girlfriend who was yapping my ear off (which was making me play terriblly), so I had to leave and go pick her up so she would stop bothering me... we have plenty of future to race again though. :)

KIGO1987
4th October 2008, 11:24 PM
that was me KIGO...i hit an auto pilot after a perfect double barrel roll at the start of chengou, and i started bouncing around the hairpin and auto pilot launched me into the top of the arch way >_< ! but yea, amazing races, feisar IS my baby, ive been using him for all of the games since the very start :p. excellent races for everyone else too.

on another note, awesome organization today by elhabib , me and 7 other fellow members grabbed our bling brigades this morning.

ill be on tonight everyone!

Yeah, ive realiesd that you cant use auto-pilot at that retarded turn, or your ship will go and hit the top of the arch.

BTW Who up for the bling brigades trophy right now? I am, im still yet to get it.

Avenger2197
5th October 2008, 05:32 AM
Great races with Rubix. Except the oddity that was that Sebenco race. There I was thinking I'm second when I crossed the finish line, yet lo and behold I'm first! Rubix said he hit the finish line pedestals on the last lap and bounced backwards. oww is all I can say. Next time I won't be so lucky.:)

cybrpnk
5th October 2008, 10:01 AM
Can't seem to bump into any of you online...:(

Racing all these randoms which is good practice I guess...there are a few really talented pilots out there giving me a run for my money...

Anyone know how this online WipEout works??? Seems really strange...I'm trying to figure out how SL pulled off a super smooth experience at such graphical detail...

One thing I'm noticing...everytime I hit the start line...there are a bunch of ghosts sitting there...waiting...anyone can explain this??? I think we are essentially racing ghosts of one another and not solid crafts...then again...how do we bump into each other and how do the weapons hit??? Hmmm...

eLhabib
5th October 2008, 10:14 AM
the 'ghosts' sitting at the starting line are players that dropped out of the race.

Rubix42
5th October 2008, 01:41 PM
@Avenger

Yeah, it was a great few races we had last night. I couldn't believe that happened on Sebenco. Coming out of the last turn, and knowing I can't make a mistake or you'd have me. And I smacked the side of the finish line, popped really high into the air, and fell backwards!

Too bad my baby boy woke up again, I was hoping to get more game time in before I went to bed. Ah well, he'll be better about it in the future, can't be too bummed I guess.

kaori
5th October 2008, 06:29 PM
Several races with leungbok, eLhabib, Hellfire and emwu23 (and johnline I don't know him but he's fast).
Big big level tonight, thanks you all.

leungbok
5th October 2008, 06:59 PM
Yes we did some little sessions with Kaori without weapons, and it was a great surprise to see Hellfire, El-Habib and Emwu23 entering the room for big fights. yes Kaori this Johnline is good !
Thanks mates, looking forward to race you all:beer

Asayyeah
5th October 2008, 07:59 PM
Had such incredible races on Sol2 Black with Charlie but when i 'received' the hoster duty and selected vineta K Black the 2nd race my screen froze at the start and couldn't do anything than a reboot of ps3 :(

Let's try again now :)

Currently into multiple races hosted nicely by Emwu23 with Charlie, MArtin and few unknown pilots : i can tell you it's freakin intense and i am almost near to an heart attack :O

Seriously speaking there's a weird bug appearing , it seems we can speak to each others and sometimes it's down or guys can listen to me but me i rarely can hear someoen, like tonight i started laughing with MArtin and the race after nothing on audio
Is there something to do with the controller or else to change that?

Except it , that is amazing online game
( Emwu just did passed me for bronze medal for a micro 1 hundreth !)

Asymeel
5th October 2008, 11:48 PM
I had a lot fg fun playing a few tracks tonight with Elhabib, Emwu and thefrost.
You are all great players :)
I'll try to improve and meet you online as much as i can to reach your level :hyper

eLhabib
6th October 2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah, cool races we had today. I also finally met Arnaud on track for the first time since the golden xLink Kai days, good to see you're already fighting hard! You and Charlie gave me quite a run for my money! :)

Gavin_
6th October 2008, 12:47 AM
Are you guys racing in secet rooms or what? :p I never manage to find any games with PSN's mentioned in this thread ..

emwu23
6th October 2008, 06:32 AM
I had great weekend with hd online and offline.
Thanks to those pilots:Yannick,bling brigade:KIGO1987,Darkdrium777,TheFrostE,
Asayyeah,Expitatius,Leungbok,Triple-Lei.
Thx also to Stin,Xtriko,HK-50,Kcim,Hellfire,ELhabib,Asymel,Balandel666,and many more whom
I dont remember.

I need to buy a headset.

lunar
6th October 2008, 08:51 AM
I was working all weekend with hardly any sleep and went online to race last night - totally unprepared for Phantom with eL, emwu23, FrostE and Asymeel and some others. I don`t know how some of you get so good so fast :o but thanks for the lesson. I will practice practice practice and return. Also need a headset here.

Hellfire_WZ
6th October 2008, 10:16 PM
Just a note to you all to keep an eye out for Yoshikamistsu. Really good player :)

TheFrostE
7th October 2008, 01:06 AM
awesome races to all of you in the recent posts! cya soon!

JABBERJAW
7th October 2008, 03:14 AM
kingtalo and I had some nice races tonight, the last on sebenco was 2:04.39 - 2:04.60, very nice race. Hellfire tore me a new one earlier today though, it was ugly. Maybe tomorrow. I have a new line now, it's called not running into every wall :)

emwu23
7th October 2008, 06:41 AM
Oh yes a new fast pilot out of nowhere Yoshikamistsu.
Thanks to hd we should have lots more of them now hopefully.
Very good level will be only higher and higher and its just a week and a half after released of the game.
Just to think what will be happenning in 2 months time.

Asayyeah
7th October 2008, 10:06 AM
Had such great races with you all guys ! looking forward to next weekend to fight you again :P

more than 120000 pilots registered at monday : Can we call it a true DL success? in less than 2 weeks i d like to answer a big YES !!

Gavin_
7th October 2008, 10:20 AM
I believe the number would be a lot higher if there were prepaidPSN-cards in Europe ..

Leaderboard tells me I have the second time on Sol2 - Phantom in a multiplayerrace, right after Asayyeah .. So I would love to race you once in a while!

Asayyeah
7th October 2008, 10:21 AM
Gavin : it will be a pleasure to meet online a new talented WZ member like you mate. :nod

Axel
7th October 2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah that Yoshin guy is great. Forgot to add him to my firends list. Had a fantastic tournament where he beat me on the last race :(.

Roz
7th October 2008, 10:42 PM
Anyone out there right now? :)

SuperNova
8th October 2008, 04:47 AM
Hosting 12-race Tourny NOW

Asymeel
8th October 2008, 11:31 PM
I really had fun and it was very exiting playing with you tonight Emwu23 and Leungbok :)
Looking forward to see you very soon for more big fights !:banzai

emwu23
9th October 2008, 04:12 AM
Yes we had fantastic races.Thank you guys Asymel,Leungbok and Lunar with whom I had some tough races as well later. Just played with another very fast pilot who nicely kicked my ass :Evolite .I invited him on the site .He races in feisar incredible .We will see if he will join.Deltavar thx good spirit.

kanar
9th October 2008, 07:48 PM
Hi guys & girls,

This is for tomorrow. First High Definition avalon event. 3 days, phantom class, no guns, only the force to guide you. I will suck a lot (DNF/respawn/safety car lol, not enough time to live my passion, cos' of the real "hard knock life"), but I'll be glad to host you all.

the competition will begin friday, oct 10, 18h45 CEST (GMT+1).

What's the principle of Avalon? -- Online TT, without boost. I'll post the online records in the arena thread.

Where can I find the 3 ugly teasers of this so-called event? -- Here :

http://files.filefront.com/avalonday1AVI/;12020024;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/avalonday2AVI/;12020115;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/avalonday3AVI/;12020150;/fileinfo.html

Gavin_
9th October 2008, 08:08 PM
Excellent. Although Chenghou is not my favourite ..

What's the name of the track used in the first trailer? I know the song but I cannot name it. =(

TearsToShreds
9th October 2008, 09:25 PM
Sounds good! I'll probably be there. :)

Chengou happens to be my favorite track!

Roz
9th October 2008, 09:35 PM
Going online right now. Anyone care to join?

eLhabib
9th October 2008, 10:11 PM
I'll definitely join if I'm available!

emwu23
9th October 2008, 11:26 PM
I will start 3 nightshift I wont be able to participate .I really would like to .enjoy guys

lunar
10th October 2008, 08:06 AM
Bad luck emwu, see you online next week then. I`ll be racing online in the evenings this weekend, guns and no guns. :banzai

Asayyeah
10th October 2008, 09:45 AM
First High Definition avalon event (...)
competition will begin friday, oct 10, 18h00 CEST (GMT+1).

Ill be there Olivier, i think Anthony will test it on my profile tonight aswell : he is coming for our weekly friday mate session at home ( he loves HD and will think now to plan buying a ps3 at the end of this year only to play HD on it : eventhough he is struggling to find time with his 2 kids and job to play a game from time to time : that's why our friday sessions is sacred :p

If we join Avalon we gonna alternate every 2 or 3 races, and also join 'gunny-fighty' races as well.

in less than 1 hour i ll be back on track driving my car to Le Havre , connecting ps3 to synchronize what i did during this week, and also showing you pics from what happend last night : i did invited friends from formation center in my bedroom to get their 1st HD competition ( half finale and finals : winner raced me ala Rory ( thx for that idea mate ;) ) )
We had a great one together and we finished really early this morning :blarg

SL, with your pilot assist , you did the right thing : if you didn't implemented it my friends would have raced a little and just stop playing it cause it was too hard to get used to it ( even venom -easy- ). With pilot assist on they really enjoyed HD and asked me to organize a revenge next week but not that late ( lol or that late early in the morning ! ), sure they gonna spread the 'good HD speech ' to their relatives & friends and who knows one or more could be DL it later. The more we talk about Wipeout the better future will be :D

leungbok
10th October 2008, 01:59 PM
Hey Asa, i agree with you when you say that pilot assist is a good feature for introducing newcomers in wipeoutHD's universe. My friends too can have fun with PA on. But it can also conduct to weird behavior from online players. Lots of guys are playing only phantom's class in the tracks the most tortuous's with PA on. And when you beat them (by 10sec or more) they quit the game. I know that the most of them are kids, but it's sometimes boring to see it day after day. For example of the "cool spirit online" PA can bring : last tuesday i was online with my BADTEST secondary profile and i was searching phantom races. I entered in a tournament of 8 or 10 races. All the guys were PA users. I won all the races by 8/15 sec. And after the tournament, the hoster (south64, if i remember well) insulted me. He sended me a message by the xmb saying : "great races, dickhead" (he's wrong, my head is normal), i answered him "thanks kiddo, you're a great player with pilot assist" and then he sended me "burn !". After 10 mn (when i stopped laughing) i told myself that pilot assist is responsible of this kind of behavior. Because, using PA, guys thinks they can easily win races and grow in the rankings, and because they have some success at the begining they can't manage defeats. Of course "south64" is an isolated case, but even the idea of using PA online don't suit me. It lacks some respect and "courtoisie", don't you think ? I suggested that PA should be unavailable to phantom class (because the learning of the game ends with flash and rapier, no ?) So please SL, do something about this, it's great to have a lot of people playing HD (and PA helps maybe), but for not frustrate some, you will frustrate the others. And maybe those are the real wipeout's fans.

Flashback Jack
10th October 2008, 02:04 PM
"great races, dickhead" (he's wrong, my head is normal)

That part belongs in the quote database, for sure!

- F

leungbok
10th October 2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah Flash, i'd be proud of it ;)

Lance
10th October 2008, 03:24 PM
I suggested that PA should be unavailable to phantom class (because the learning of the game ends with flash and rapier, no ?)

I don't know about this in HD because I've not played it, but in all the WipEouts I have played, it seems like each new speed level is a different learning experience.

Gavin_
10th October 2008, 03:52 PM
Indeedy, rapier was soooo much easier than phantom.

The learning never ends in zone mode. 8)

leungbok
10th October 2008, 08:27 PM
I don't know about this in HD because I've not played it, but in all the WipEouts I have played, it seems like each new speed level is a different learning experience.
Yes lance, but you don't think that with rapier you're already familiar with wipeout gameplay ? After, i agree, you have to learn the way of racing at phantom speed with new trajectories, new turn's strategy etc. And in all the wipeouts too phantom is for experts, not for assisted guys. I'm not elitist, but it's a satisfaction to be able of racing well at phantom speed by his own skills, no ?

Lance
10th October 2008, 08:38 PM
You learn the game structure, but you don't yet have the muscle memory appropriate to each different speed class, each of which requires different timing and track positions for control inputs.

This does not change my position on Pilot Assist, which should be available as an option but should not be counted for official times in the records.

leungbok
10th October 2008, 09:37 PM
yes, i totally agree with you :+

lunar
11th October 2008, 01:36 AM
thanks Kanar and Leungbok for some great Avalon racing tonight, and for the tour of the reverse tracks.

Kanar, the reason I said I enjoyed that Moa Therma so much was that on that race my custom music was playing Xpander and there were 3 of us chasing each other so closely for the whole 5 laps - it was a perfect moment! ;)

rdmx
11th October 2008, 04:46 AM
Australia vs. New Zealand - Trans-Tasman 12 Race Tournament
Final results:
Speed class: Flash
Team NZ:
WhiteyNZ: 48
gunslingerNZ: 65
Sugar_from_OTW: 35

Team: 143

Team Aus:
radiumx: 76
blackwiggle: 45
Bomber_Rock: 30

Team: 144

Individual Results:
1st - radiumx
2nd - gunslingerNZ
3rd - WhiteyNZ
4th - blackwiggle
5th - Sugar_from_OTW
6th - Bomber_Rock

Team Results:
1st - Team AUS -144
2nd - Team NZ - 143

I think we've proven which nation is better, thank you very much. :D

Darkdrium777
11th October 2008, 05:56 AM
By one point. Wow :O

eLhabib
11th October 2008, 08:47 AM
I only had a handful of avalon races with you guys last night - unfortunately mdhay and I had some synchronisation problems it seems. He couldn't even see my lobby, and when he entered kanar's lobby, I couldn't enter any more, always got an error message... :(

Ah well, next time! I'll be racing in the next couple of hours, if anyone is interested.

leungbok
11th October 2008, 08:53 AM
great avalon's sessions last night with (of course) Kanar, Mad-Ice, Kaori, Lunar, Asa, El-Habib, Mdhay, Evolite, lots of guests and a new french prodigy Mr-Hypnos (member of the french site wo-arena). Thanks mates, more to come this WE

lunar
11th October 2008, 09:30 AM
I saw a weird thing last night - when returning to the post race screen (at least I think it was that screen, the first one after the race) for a millesecond I saw a different set of options. There were three instead of two, and one of them was called "spectate". I couldn`t see which button you were supposed to press as it was too quick. Then it went back to the usual options. I`m fairly sure it was the post race menu and not the lobby, but it was all over in a split-second and I only saw it once. I don`t think it was sleep-deprivation, adrenalin-overload, or the mushrooms, but you never know!

leungbok
11th October 2008, 09:57 AM
subliminal teaser, maybe ;)

kanar
11th October 2008, 10:16 AM
Hey Lunar, I saw that too (for 1 or 2 secs, this spectator mode, after a race). But my online universe was first located in korea lol (I'm in France), during one or two hours we played ghost laggy races lol. Anyway thanks to all for the show, it was my first connection, what a blast, online mode runs fantastically well (even the korean universe!!!) I'll probably be back for more around 15h00 GMT+1, I saw that I needed a lot of training!!! 3 races per track, phantom, no guns, DNF... thank god there's a respawn lol, I need that for the moment...

& let me introduce the "rapier racer rule" (I saw you last night lol) : if rapier racer connects, guns will be turned on!

TearsToShreds
11th October 2008, 10:17 AM
Too bad I missed it, I had no internet connection for the PS3 yesterday! Let's hope for today, then.

KIGO1987
11th October 2008, 10:20 AM
Australia vs. New Zealand - Trans-Tasman 12 Race Tournament
Final results:
Speed class: Flash
Team NZ:
WhiteyNZ: 48
gunslingerNZ: 65
Sugar_from_OTW: 35

Team: 143

Team Aus:
radiumx: 76
blackwiggle: 45
Bomber_Rock: 30

Team: 144

Individual Results:
1st - radiumx
2nd - gunslingerNZ
3rd - WhiteyNZ
4th - blackwiggle
5th - Sugar_from_OTW
6th - Bomber_Rock

Team Results:
1st - Team AUS -144
2nd - Team NZ - 143

I think we've proven which nation is better, thank you very much. :D

I think we all know what the official score would be if i was included in them;

Rapier 1st
Phantom 1st

:g:g:g:g

I guess next time ill take into account these stupid daylight saving that you guys in the east are having and im not this year:dizzy

If KANDANG came into the picture im sure he'll over take me in the tournys. Seems like the only comp atm is a few:g

rdmx
11th October 2008, 10:37 AM
Man, imagine a superteam consisting of KANDANG, KIGO, blackwiggle and I (oggob and bomber_rock can be a sub). We'd kick the sheep anyday :+

lunar
11th October 2008, 10:40 AM
& let me introduce the "rapier racer rule" (I saw you last night lol) : if rapier racer connects, guns will be turned on!

:D Very good rule!

stin
11th October 2008, 01:43 PM
Kanar, I`m seems can`t get into your lobby and it`s keeps saying errors!:(

stevie:(

Gavin_
11th October 2008, 01:56 PM
I cannot even find the bloody lobby!

Avenger2197
11th October 2008, 02:14 PM
To Stin, kanar, El, Nadia, and some others(sorry brain isn't quite up yet), my many thanks.

@kanar, I didn't know I was about to take part in Avalon, I'll be ready next time though.

TearsToShreds
11th October 2008, 02:57 PM
Nice Avalon races today! Damn eL you are fast!

And oh, sorry I had to leave, but I really needed to cook myself some dinner!

kanar
11th October 2008, 03:28 PM
damn I'm still in korea or what lol!!!! I'm going to turn off my computer to get more speed connection, that's weird. too bad stin can't wait to race u!!! I'll be back @ 18h00 gmt+1

Gavin_
11th October 2008, 03:28 PM
I found the lobby! eLhabib is superfast, indeed.

Supper is ready so had to quit unfortunately.

KIGO1987
11th October 2008, 03:46 PM
Man, imagine a superteam consisting of KANDANG, KIGO, blackwiggle and I (oggob and bomber_rock can be a sub). We'd kick the sheep anyday :+

Lol. There always that dJAmZz guy also. heard he's pretty good. Im yet to race him though.

We'd kick the sheep anyday :+

Best way to keep Trans Tasman relations going. lol. Lion is pretty good though, he beat me in a couple of races when my Pirahna was being a bit of a bitch by not accelerating properly. Not my ship of choice also. Just using different ships at the moment so i can get that silver trophy for unlocking all the ship skins, i need to get 8000 points for every ship, this is taking longer than i expect. But NZ pilot are interesting to verse againest.

eLhabib
11th October 2008, 03:51 PM
very cool avalon races today between 15:00 and 17:20! Wow! lotsa fun, thanks Kanar for hosting. Avalon is so much cleaner than racing with weapons, apart from the occasional punt that sends you scraping a wall to a halt...

Anytime, Kanar, Avalon rules!

Amorbis
11th October 2008, 04:16 PM
eLhabib you have some crazy skills. We've had some good races today. I've been able to see lots more skilled racers. I'm really enjoying this no weapons thing, evryone gets a fair chance at winning. I'll see if I can join you a 1800 today for some more fun.

Asayyeah
11th October 2008, 05:54 PM
unfortunately mdhay and I had some synchronisation problems it seems. He couldn't even see my lobby, and when he entered kanar's lobby, I couldn't enter any more, always got an error message... :(.
Sadly enough ( can't write funnily here ) i remember from Xlink Kai sessions that weird bug affected few racers on our biggest evening ( ermm biggest for Pure underground multiplayer : 10/12 pilots :D)

"spectate".
Dag & I got read that briefly : would it be implemented in a future HD update : giving possibilitie to run as a spectator mode watchign races or tournaments of good pilots !

let me introduce the "rapier racer rule" (I saw you last night lol) : if rapier racer connects, guns will be turned on!
Ahahaha that fits sooooo well to this amazing character RR is :P

lunar
11th October 2008, 06:04 PM
Perhaps "Spectate" could be to do with the "no respawn" option that was discussed - giving eliminated pilots the chance to watch the action while they cry their eyes out ;) Or maybe it didn`t say "spectate" and was infact "speculate", which is exactly what this sort of thing leads to. :)

kanar
11th October 2008, 07:22 PM
ok guys. I'll be ready for 22h00 gmt+1, after a crazy afternoon. I need training!!!

xtriko
11th October 2008, 11:26 PM
kanar! We rule!!! The Legend of the Drunken pilots!
lololol

kanar
12th October 2008, 12:16 AM
lol xtriko, yeah I think I went too far tonight with Jacky danny lol, couldn't negociate the turns & the reverse & man I suck lol. need training. I'll post the new records in the arena thread. see you tomorrow! -straight-, no more alkaolic lol

Frances_Penfold
12th October 2008, 02:59 AM
Great races, Asayyeah! Sorry I couldn't stay longer, the wife and I had to run some errands.

Looking forward to seeing more of y'all online-- haven't had much time recently and have been focusing on single player. But I want to get online more even if I still have a lot more practice to do :)

Asayyeah
12th October 2008, 03:41 AM
Thx to everyone for those cool online sessions, avalon & sr included :+

leungbok
12th October 2008, 07:48 AM
Awesome races last night in kanar's avalon. huges thanks to Mad-ice, Asayyeah, Kaori, Xtriko, Lunar, Guixsilver, El-Habib, Hunk83, Amorbis, Dag , Mdhay, Lude22tvi, Giufa-online, Pirhapac, The Muse, Avenger 2197... and of course Kanar "the genius".:+

stin
12th October 2008, 07:54 AM
Thanxs to asa and xtriko also a surprise guest who I participate is Yoshikamitsu who is an excellent player!:eek:+

Sorry, I had to go to my precious bed!

kanar
12th October 2008, 09:11 AM
yeah, awesome races last afternoon, & last night... I'm still a safety car on this game (drunken safety car yesterday lol), but I really hope/dream to be competitive soon. As Flash said, this is not pulse here. But I have to adapt. I'll be back for more today, probably for 15h00 CEST/GMT+1 (france is gmt+1?). Last avalon day, phantom, all tracks, 2 no gun races & a third, apocalyptic one with your favourite bombs & plasma stuff!

Rapier Racer
12th October 2008, 11:05 AM

lol aah don't do that I'm guessing the majority of players who play this like the Avalon thing cos of the lack of weapons which is what makes it so good (not my personal opinion) for some people. So changing the way it works for one person... :dizzy

JABBERJAW
12th October 2008, 04:36 PM
So avalon is without weapons. That would be awesome if you could get one turbo per lap, but ships stayed solid. I wonder if there is a possibility for team racing to be a download, like 4 on 4, or 3 on three, or something like that. where you couldn't hit your own team with weapons. That could be pretty sweet

kanar
12th October 2008, 05:37 PM
sorry guys I was fighting a strong headache since this morning. Rapier racer, I love guns too sometimes, & I would be pleased to race a real plasma guy like you. I'll be online @ 20h00, for sure this time. Yeah Jabberjaw a real online TT mode or team racing would be great.

lunar
12th October 2008, 05:50 PM
TT race like Pure had would be great, with options for one turbo per lap, no collisions etc. But perhaps this would need a new records table to keep things fair. I also like Avalon racing, it`s great for learning the tracks as I am doing at the moment and it can be very tactical, but I think racing with guns is what really gets me most excited. :pirate So RR if you`re ever looking for a willing plasma victim I`m ready! ;)

Mad-Ice
12th October 2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks to all who were there saturday night. Kanar named you already, so thanks again it was great fun!:+

captain howdy
12th October 2008, 10:04 PM
if anyone is up for some rapier class races (single races, not tournaments) i'll be hosting for a while.

rushin
12th October 2008, 11:29 PM
just going to bed, but have been loving online rapier all day. Could do with more good racers though, not all the fun is to be had with phantom :)

Avenger2197
13th October 2008, 04:15 AM
A thanks goes out to Al, although I was sucking pretty bad on Sebenco. What do I expect trying to race one of our elite pilots.:P

Good races with BorntoBeMild too. Except for the guy doing everything in his power to "grief" me. Ahh, well, good racing nonetheless. :)

JABBERJAW
13th October 2008, 01:27 PM
thanks for the races, also to kigo for the 2 or three that we had. I was very happy with that last race, then had to go (kid stuff). I am still trying to figure out the controls I would like to use. The turn and the pitch certainly works better separately, even for this game, but I haven't found the setup or controller I like yet. I used the frag fx which worked well, but the mouse buttons took too much of a push to get them down. I need to find the manual to see if I can get a better config with the pitch. Also am working on settings on a wheel, but it isn't quite where I want it to be, (too much turn required). I need someone to make an old school wheel with steering sensitivity built in. It was very nice on sebenco when coming out of that tunnel, and not bottoming out.

Hellfire_WZ
13th October 2008, 07:56 PM
Anyone else having problems online? I've got a network error

EDIT: Never mind, working now

Avenger2197
13th October 2008, 11:22 PM
Great races with Flashback, leungbok, emwu23, evolite, Hellfire, and G'kyl(i believe). ****in' intense I tell ya! Look forward to future races with all of you.

Flashback Jack
13th October 2008, 11:27 PM
I'm trying my best to let this thing grow on me. :)

EDIT: Aplogizes to the delayed "add friend" responses. I barely know how to operate my PS3, which is hardly newer than HD for me.

- F

Gavin_
14th October 2008, 12:18 AM
Only encountered Flashback Jack in a tournament this evening ..

Two examinations next week so there will not be much time to go for some good online games. =(

Flashback Jack
14th October 2008, 02:46 PM
Crazy races yesterday, Froste. You clinched it on Sol 2 reverse; I'm not familiar with that one yet. I don't have a headset, otherwise I would have responded to your hollering after the Anulpa Pass battle (which was ****ing phenomenal).

Very good stuff.

- F

cnmth
15th October 2008, 12:37 AM
gg races emwu23, 1st time i raced u online in hd/pulse :)

ill add ya as friend,
time for some zone mode now :g