PDA

View Full Version : HD Online Meetings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Danterich
24th July 2010, 02:01 PM
I reckon they capped the friends list at 100 because it might slow your console down too much if you had more, I'm sure when they upped it from 50 it did.

Anyway, thing how many more times the message alert box would pop up at an inconvenient time during a game if you had more than 100, it can get pretty bad with 100 already.
I´ve been editing my buddylist a few times during my long online sessions, and guess what happened : Everytime i deleted 1 slot of my full 100 i had a FREEZE:frown:

xtriko
2nd September 2010, 12:15 AM
Just had a great night :) made some TT, played some LBP and went Online on HD with LUNA_bgb. She's by far the deadliest lady pilot that I've ever seen! we kind of teamed against the other pilots and even that way, she killed me xD best team mate ever! now I have to killer... if i can... lol thanks to all pilots that played tonight :)

DreamyElf
20th October 2010, 05:00 PM
I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the zoners that i've raced recently, from those who are on my friends list to everyone else. :)

I've also missed racing against some great pilots that always finished ahead of me for at least 5 secs...lol
These are: Woopzilla, yeldar, unctuous and OBH.
I hope to see you back on tracks soon... :rock

Challenger #001
20th October 2010, 05:09 PM
Seconded to Dreamy. ^^ And thanks again man (and novide, if he's watching) for helping me trophy hunt. One day, Transcendance will be mine! :twisted

mic-dk
20th October 2010, 05:18 PM
I too have had the pleasure the last couple of night. Special thanks to tug_14, Ace3cube and erich123. Those were some wild races!

Ace3cube
20th October 2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that was so c00l \o/

JJPAP
3rd November 2010, 06:41 PM
THANKS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyjI_RVMF0) ... LOL, ehrrr :eek ... to drr1984, Fuye3, Mikrucio and erich123 for some great races this afternoon :+
Made me remember how cruel online racing is :)

mic-dk
3rd November 2010, 07:39 PM
That's a epic final lap! Great stuff :lol

erich123
3rd November 2010, 09:01 PM
Lol,online can be very brutal but always great fun;)

mikrucio
4th November 2010, 07:28 AM
hahah lucky you guys cought me... for some reason I couldnt sleep. so I got up and starting playing... ill have to not sleep more often as it seems more players come on then.. hahaha.

erich123
22nd November 2010, 05:51 PM
Just had a great time and some very crazy/violent races. And special thanks to LadyLxxvl and id_7of 9 (strange nick)hehe. Two girls who are very fast and VERY deadly wipers. Guess sinus1 and bart_mdma felt their fury too:D
And thanks to the rest of you (dont remember all of you)
Oh yes Slawolk:D

F.E.I.S.A.R
25th November 2010, 05:09 AM
Last night(around 2200-2400 GMT+8 ) had a race with MegaGeeza22.
Practice makes perfect,MG! I'm sure you will get better!

Challenger #001
2nd December 2010, 11:17 PM
Got in a few races with nutcase, DP, hacenetchik and TwitchySpitfire. In my regular style of madcap races we did eliminators, a ZB, weps on, weps off, and 10 laps enduros both with and without weapons. What stood out for me though was at the last three races we picked each others' ships. ;3 Now this is something you wouldn't expect in a lineup...

[These aren't finishing positions btw, before anyone asks.]

The Amphiseum (10 Laps, Weps On):
challenger001: Goteki45
TwitchySpifire: Piranha
Dark_Phantom_89: Triakis
nutcase259: Harimau
hacenetchik: Feisar

Modesto Heights (5 Laps, Weps Off):
challenger001: Icaras
TwitchySpifire: Assegai
Dark_Phantom_89: Qirex
nutcase259: Auricom
hacenetchik: Feisar (He forgot to change, so he used Triakis again for the next two events as punishment)

Tech De Ra (5 Laps, Weps On):
challenger001: Mirage
TwitchySpifire: EG-X
Dark_Phantom_89: AG-Systems
nutcase259: Goteki 45
hacenetchik: Triakis

Nutcase:259
3rd December 2010, 11:49 AM
ArGH dont remind me that i had to use the auricom. all heavy sluggish.

DP in the Triakis :lol The mirage is the source of his power!

ps it was me in the EG-X not Twitch. i dont really like the EG-X either. its like it has a rudder steering it. all the turning seems to come from the back. id never really noticed until i was suddenly forced to switch from my AG SYS with its wonderful planted turning :rock

F.E.I.S.A.R
3rd December 2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks to Danterich and zero3growlithe for racing with me in a room hosted by someone who was spam-hosting in that after he set the track that person immediately started the race.
It's been fun,can we race together again?:D

Dark_Phantom_89
3rd December 2010, 04:44 PM
DP in the Triakis :lol The mirage is the source of his power!

I was terrible in the Triakis wasn't I? :lol

It was a nice little twist to do things differently, but I won't be changing my alliegance from Mirage any time soon! ;)

Challenger #001
3rd December 2010, 05:08 PM
Here's a thought. What if we get a bunch of people in a room together, and then we go through the ships, each using a different one for each track. So if it's two people, we start with:

FEISAR
Qirex

and then next race it's

Qirex
Piranha

and then

Piranha
AG-Systems

...and so on.

3rd December 2010, 06:49 PM
you mean that we have to use a certain ship against a certain ship? its a bit rigid, i like the randomness of someone else deciding the ship for you. that way its less likely to get old, plus you never know what your gonna get :D

unless of course im reading it wrong? :lol

Challenger #001
5th December 2010, 09:26 AM
Good point. And yeah, it's always fun to not to know what to expect. :P Even though some bastard is always going to give you the Triakis when you don't need it.

yeldar2097
5th December 2010, 02:30 PM
Only the HD version though, cos Fury Triakis rocks :rock

Dark_Phantom_89
5th December 2010, 02:36 PM
It so doesn't yeldar. ;)

Or maybe my judgement is biased seeing as I was absolutely abysmal in it when it was picked for me in the "dares" races. :lol

yeldar2097
5th December 2010, 03:21 PM
Too much time in that Mirage+ of yours. I think we should impound it for a while, whaddya reckon? :P
Diversify's the word :D

5th December 2010, 03:34 PM
yeah. the mirage give you too much of a performance advantage.
will launch a protest to the World WipEout Council to have mirage banned :g

Challenger #001
5th December 2010, 05:16 PM
I call DP's Mirage love into question considering that he hasn't even named her. :p He seemed to like Sascha though <333

yeldar2097
5th December 2010, 06:14 PM
Our ships have names?

I mean, oh wait....of course they do....

*thinks up name so as not to offend the Harimau gods* :D

Challenger #001
5th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Qirex HD = Natacha
Qirex Fury = Sascha

Icaras HD = Destiny
Icaras Fury = Chelsea

Mirage HD = Kima
Mirage Fury = Sa'rel

That's all I've made so far. :P I don't know any Malay female names besides Maisarah, and that's a woman I'm keen to forget.

yeldar2097
5th December 2010, 08:08 PM
Right, my Silvermau+ is now officially called Candie.

Watch out, she's frisky :P

Oryx Crake
6th December 2010, 04:57 PM
Naming your ship huh... any Qirex I'd drive would be called Svetlana (sveta for short) tough naming a harimau though... maybe Esmeralda... just cause I like that name.

Challenger #001
6th December 2010, 07:17 PM
Noo. Not Sveta for a Qirex - brings back memories of Tigron's second pilot. D:

Oryx Crake
6th December 2010, 08:22 PM
Lol when your right your right challenger... how about Dascha or Daria?

Also thanks to, Geeza, erich123, skynet(whoever you are) and feisar for kicking my ass tonight vengance will be mine though!

mikrucio
8th December 2010, 04:59 AM
Although if you use mirage you also have the negatives that come with using the ship. like;

"look at the piece of, errrr. What is that?"

8th December 2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah Mirage looks like a cross between a praying mantis and some sort of whacky most likly japanese robot that dispenses hugs with its flappy green arms

*ripping on mirage is how many shots challenger ? lol

Ontopic ;) Crazy races tonight, i had to go off in a huff and whinge like a big baby Whaaah lapped mines!
and something i now call quake spam :lol
Quake Quake Quake

mikrucio
9th December 2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks too

Danterich
TarquinFarkhuar
Spook-21

and a few others that I cant remember last night for a great round..

Oryx Crake
9th December 2010, 11:50 AM
thanks for the races to ponta and flaflasat! at least now I can see your vapour trails! Improvement YAY:rock:g

gordo1974
17th December 2010, 07:59 PM
Mods.
Have we got a thread where we can go-over/thank/threaten ;) zoners about recent on-line meet ups? I've looked and I can't find one. But that might be me old old eyes:redface:

What I wanted to say was that I had a great little session today with Twitchy, NielsB90, zero3grow (for a bit) and a Canadian player darksomething (not DP89) or other. Nice to have a group of players of similar standards on phantom. We were all (quite) good, but not android good, and it was nice to be racing phantom and not coming 20 seconds behind, after eating mines all the way.
And Twitch, why did I always end up losing the side by side pushing battle with you? We were both in the fat bottomed mirage and you put me in the side every time :brickwall. I did feel guilty though, afterwards, when I think I might have spammed you a little with some good old mines :D

Anyway, it all ended badly, after my PS3 froze loading AP.
To any of you who were there, thanks. Good 40 mins.

see you around as the practice for the HD cup heats up :bat
I've pirhapac in 1st round:banzai

blackwiggle
17th December 2010, 10:05 PM
There's this thread from the HD section that sort of covers this ground.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5480&page=49

And there's another titled something like: "online meetings,when zoners meet up", which I can't remember where it's located.

SaturnReturn
17th December 2010, 11:34 PM
It was this one I think you mean BW, so I've merged the two threads.

yeldar2097
26th December 2010, 01:17 PM
Had some wonderful Christmas races last night with Unctuous, IDReaper, Woopzilla, TheBulletDodger7, T-zig, hobbes2010 and a couple of others here and there.

Some of the funniest races ever. Weapons everywhere...it felt more like Unreal Tournament with a speed mod than WipEout.

My cheeks still ache from all the laughing. One race in particular (Metropia) where I managed to hit 11 bombs (4 in first place o_O) and several hundred mines. Was brilliant ^_^
Oh and that other one where there were 4 quakes in one lap and about 6 more after that.

I literally megalol'd. Despite the EPIC input lag at times, it was great fun. Thanks for restoring my faith in online racing guys :g

Greenix
30th December 2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the races today Yeldar, I really haven't laughed so much in a long time :D For once you weren't the one being cheeky !

yeldar2097
30th December 2010, 02:16 AM
You'll get yours one of these days. Watch your back old man. :mr-t

Now you can stop pwning me and go back to being retired-zimmer-frame-ninja :banzai

Oryx Crake
6th January 2011, 07:04 PM
thanks to dp89 for setting off a chain of awesome matches and to m1zw1z, aiir, idreaper, yeldar and all the others who came and went in the time I played.

most fun I've had in a long time!

DreamyElf
7th January 2011, 09:39 AM
I thought that GT5 will completely take away my interest for HD but i was wrong!
The last few days were super fun for me, i had my 1vs1, we did a 4vs4, the 2vs2 and last night it felt like an Avalon night.^^
Luxoflux was hosting Avalon style races and the pilot line-up in the room (and the chat) was epic! :rock
Many thanks to: Dark_Phantom_89, LUNA_bgd, Unctuous, AiiRW0LF, Luxoflux, Xtriko, challenger001, nutcase259, morfeo378, IDReaper, Andybob35 (sorry if i forgot someone).
WipEout HD online will never die because of you guys (and girl)...^^

Colonel
7th January 2011, 12:53 PM
Apologies for stumbling into an other wise pleasant room last night, drunkenly staggering around and then leaving with the TV under my arm. I really must learn when I'm too inebriated for Wipeout. :redface:

XBARNSTERX
7th January 2011, 05:49 PM
Just had some great races with Peh_hok, z1r0rEi, AnErare, Yeldar, Flaflasat and stinkleroy. First time i've been online in ages apart from cup races.
Just wanted to thank them for the fun on the tracks and the laughs in the chatbox, cheers guys:)

Oryx Crake
8th January 2011, 12:14 AM
had some legendary races today too! but yeldar kept going away problems with the connection mate?thanks for the effort though and thanks to everyone else!

Challenger #001
11th January 2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks to chaos80, DreamyElf, T-Zig, Javariko, KGB and everyone else who was in my room for some excellent races. And thanks to Wotan and Colonel__Gadaffi for the Zone Battles before. :3

Jav
12th January 2011, 02:22 AM
Ye those were some good races, wp :beer

Colonel
12th January 2011, 09:38 PM
And thanks to Wotan and Colonel__Gadaffi for the Zone Battles before. :3

Yeah shame I had to leave so quickly, I was enjoying those. I'd been playing Wo for about 4 hourse though and hadn't a) eaten since lunchtime or b) done the 2 hours of work due in today. Late night last night :|

Jav
15th January 2011, 04:09 PM
Excellent ZB'ing just then Chal, Colonel and Carl :)

Colonel
15th January 2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah some great races Jav. I was glad to put the controller down eventually though, I've got a horrendous hangover today and my eyes were nearly popping out of my head by the twentieth race! Zone Boost!

Edit - As if that wasn't enough, just finished a marathon sesh with Denton, also Jav, Nutcase, JFThebestJan and a few others. I've played more Zone Battle today than in any other single day, without a doubt. I was really lagging tonight though, relieved it's over haha.

That thing on Ubermall Rev where you go round and round the split is completely mental.

DreamyElf
26th January 2011, 09:30 AM
I was playing last night with Luna, yeldar and some other pilots.
After some extremely violent races, Luna suggested we do some ZB.
After 3-4 races, we are back to phantom races.
After some races, a huge surprise popped-up, Syncopia! :o

I haven't played at Syncopia since August, so it was nice to have some races there...
It's a pity there weren't many pilots in the room though...
Maybe Luna will do her magic in the upcoming Avalon too^^

Colonel
26th January 2011, 11:19 AM
I had my first ever races on Syncopia last night with Jasmin, Connavar, Rezatron, JPA2097 and a few others. Good fun but it takes some getting used to, the way the ship bounces around everywhere. Shame there are no weapon pads either.

Temet
26th January 2011, 11:47 AM
We want so badly some new tracks that we are all happy when we can run on a crappy, ugly, large and uninteresting track like Syncopia!
Mates, this is the real magic! :g

Oryx Crake
27th January 2011, 04:05 PM
had some epic races with: Nutcase, challenger, speedkang, zero3growlithe, texasalex and constrictor4u today cheers for that I needed ringer like that awesome fun!

Challenger #001
30th January 2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks for all those that showed up to my room tonight. :) Great races, UB3R, Luna, DP, DE, yeldar (for when you were there), ion and JPA. Very fun and very informative, judging by the way that we've discovered just how much yeldar loses the power of speech when he's angry. :twisted

OBH
30th January 2011, 01:06 AM
Got to have a few races tonight for the first time in a good while! Big thanks to Onbac, Sat, Tarquin, JPA, Elois, and the always funny french brothers :):+

Hope to get a session tomorrow. It was only 3 races but god I'd forgot how much fun this is! GT5 can suck it! :g

CPROSICK
30th January 2011, 01:43 AM
I've never been able to <select> Syncopia for online race...anyone care to explain howto ??

CPROSICK
30th January 2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah, not very good, a few Fastest Laps tho.

I'm enjoying phantom racing,,,but driving like 'a cheerleader'....

Saw a few of you out there...didn't really 'perform' very well,,,SEB Climb on phantom w/Pirahna is what I need to PRACTICE!!!!

,,and that BR on rev Chengou,,,STILL haven't got it...

Gonna go check out the youtube wipeout channel...
~C

TarquinFarqhuar
30th January 2011, 09:47 AM
I'll second that OBH.. those races last night were superb. Big thanks to Ace for organising, and hosting. Also thnx to all you guys who took part in the maddness. Hope to see you guys on the tracks more often. :)

OBH
1st February 2011, 10:20 AM
raced against skrotos32 today. my word he's fast.

Dark_Phantom_89
1st February 2011, 10:50 AM
Yep, skrotos is a new beast which has emerged and has been making some excellent times on the tracks.

OBH
1st February 2011, 12:24 PM
Fastest Feisar since Wellington in my opinion.
I struggled to shoot him as he was also an absolute lag monster, but fair play to him. We had some excellent racing :):+

Oryx Crake
13th June 2011, 06:27 AM
Thought it might be fun to resurrect this thread what with the mass of new players and the reappearance of a few old names on the online circuit!

SO!

Thanks for the races last night Unctuous, DreamyElf, Xpand, CHEE5E2EE, Colonel__Gaddafi ánd AiiRW0LF! (if I forget anyone then I probably had fun with you too but you know how it is some times.)

Eden Priest
13th June 2011, 06:35 AM
Hey what time is it over there right now? Over here its 11:34 and I'm all messed up with my old time zone.

Oryx Crake
13th June 2011, 06:35 AM
8:35 am here had an early start to the day ;)

Eden Priest
13th June 2011, 06:48 AM
Ok thanks haha I'm over here in the states staying for collage haha so I'll catch you when I wake up see you around 6-7 ish your time zone ? I'll send you an friend request hopefully you'll get it

Planoptik
16th June 2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone up for playing some friendly (vicious is alright too ;) ) matches later tonight?

Don't be afraid to add me, my PSN is Planoptik

Teach me, o great ones :g

Oryx Crake
20th June 2011, 01:39 PM
PONTA012, Nobu-The-Sprigan, Xifdo, Flaflasat, SpeedKAng96 and AiiRW0LF! Had some great races today, shoulda kept scores!

a3a33a3abf
20th June 2011, 02:20 PM
Anyone up for playing some friendly (vicious is alright too ;) ) matches later tonight?

Don't be afraid to add me, my PSN is Planoptik

Teach me, o great ones :g

PSN: a3a33a3abf :)

Mr Phlanj
15th July 2011, 03:48 PM
just had a bunch of races with people from the zone. good flying guys :beer

trackripper
21st July 2011, 03:01 PM
I'm always up for friendly races, usually on around early afternoon sort of time, 1300-1430 GMT :) Still can't compete with most of the people here, but it's fun trying to catch them :P Add me, Ziz528

ion harvest
22nd July 2011, 05:00 PM
I had a great seesion last night with chee5e2ee in a flash room. we took equal number of wins and i borke some personal bests haha

global 10 on anulpha forward flash but the records wont update grrrrr:mr-t

respect to chee5e2ee. ggs man

Colonel
23rd July 2011, 04:04 AM
10th at Anulpha, good effort! I had a great session tonight with Ragsus_Maxima (real name Jesus - how cool's that?) Starting on Zone Battle, then phantom SRs then Rapier. The Rapier room got quite heavy with weed_junky2, morfeo378 and others joining, and I have to say it was one of the best nights I've had on the game, thoroughly enjoyable.

Oh and sinus1 invited me to a webcam chat thing with him, vinnymonster, morfeo, ID_7of9 and zero3. Mental, especially since neither me or zero have webcams. zero3 and I were just chipping in with text comments but I'm gonna get a webcam now, and I'd encourage other players to do likewise. It's ace, you can obviously get to know people much better than with text chat.

Medusa
23rd July 2011, 04:11 AM
The last time I raced Ragsus_Maxima it did occur to me he might be Jesus. :D
I've never even got voice chat to work. Mind you, I broke my keyboard the other day so some sort of chat-thingy must now be purchased...

ion harvest
23rd July 2011, 04:16 AM
sinus1 invited me too Colonel :) but i didnt have a mic so i left it alone. i mite get an eyetoy now aswell :rock

Colonel
23rd July 2011, 04:21 AM
I had no idea what I was going into but it was nuts, and very cool to be honest. A PS3 webcam is next on my shopping list, put it that way.

ion harvest
23rd July 2011, 05:02 PM
well i think it about time i got involved in these chat sessions. im not sure what i am going to expect but it sounds like a lot of mad fun.

I will be on tonite at around 8pm to race for about 1 hour. If I dont go to the pub i mean.

a few of my psn friends already have eyetoy and i had invites before so i do need one of those things.

UB3R~JKP
23rd July 2011, 09:25 PM
I need a PSEye and a new controller. A good idea would be a weekly WZ chat! heh.

Medusa
24th July 2011, 08:49 PM
:lol Wow has it been a long time since I raced with a full room of trigger happy zoners! I really enjoyed racing Frailavi, RedScar, all the others who came and went in Chesterknight's game today. High point was starting Chenghou Reverse in front with a mine/bomb combo to eliminate poor Chester, and somehow pulling off a PB on that track, first race in the game! Then it was all downhill from there, as 8 pilots picked the same line each corner, track solid with mines, what mayhem!!! That was awesome! :rock Great to race some of you I hadn't raced before. :)

Oryx Crake
24th July 2011, 09:25 PM
firtst ever HD-Session with sat, ericd7 anEcat, unc, andybob, and chaos was an absolute pleasure hope to do it again next week!

AspenExcel
24th July 2011, 10:20 PM
Hahaha I had a blast, even if the races got a bit hairy! The games were definitely... interesting. :cowboy

Challenger #001
7th August 2011, 08:19 AM
Last night had a bit of a re-union on HD - Me, Dark_Phantom_89, DreamyElf and UB3R-BRENDAGE all in my chat room. Unctuous, Vlitzertron and nobu-the-sprigon were all in the room as well, had lots of fun and some excellent races. Thanks for reminding me just why I love this game and community so much guys. *hugs*

UB3R~JKP
7th August 2011, 01:32 PM
Right back at ya Chal!

greenymac
7th August 2011, 03:06 PM
I joined in for a few races until someone decided to throw on flash class and I proceeded to bash walls incessantly...Thanks Chall! BTW next time invite me the chat...I didnt know u guys were in there.

Dark_Phantom_89
7th August 2011, 06:05 PM
Last night had a bit of a re-union on HD - Me, Dark_Phantom_89, DreamyElf and UB3R-BRENDAGE all in my chat room. Unctuous, Vlitzertron and nobu-the-sprigon were all in the room as well, had lots of fun and some excellent races. Thanks for reminding me just why I love this game and community so much guys. *hugs*

It was a lovely reunion and reminded me of the good old days. Haven't had races like that for a long time. *nostalgia*

Thanks Chal, I had a blast. :+

Challenger #001
7th August 2011, 06:07 PM
I did, Greeny. :P

Challenger's Lounge?

AspenExcel
7th August 2011, 07:58 PM
I enjoyed the races yesterday, even if I did rage a bit from the weapons fiasco. I got really unlucky in some of those races; 15 seconds behind at some points. :S

Oryx Crake
28th February 2014, 07:47 PM
Ressurecting this Thread cause I had quite a few races tonight with Stin, apple guy, mietepiet, morfeo, liod, aiirwolf, snakenator, rapier_racer, bluwolf, danterich etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone in which case I'm sorry but it felt like a proper old meet up such as I would like to have more often, thanks lads!

stin
28th February 2014, 09:38 PM
Wow! Three years old! And up and running again, yeah pretty good day and a lot of good banter through chatroom!

Must do again.

stevie:)

Mietepiet
28th February 2014, 10:04 PM
arok, lillith, outsider and scar are some names to add as well. Anyways it was good fun.

Snakenator1
3rd March 2014, 10:44 AM
I cannot stop thinking about those awesome races, things got really hairy and the chat room just exploded after each race. I spent most of my time laughing out of shear adrenaline.

stin
27th March 2014, 10:27 PM
Thank you to Oryx, Miet, Arok and the others for tonight! :)

Snakenator1
28th March 2014, 10:36 PM
Just had some awesome races with stin, possessed, mietepiet, marcingru, terra-wrists and others tonight. They are trying to stop my retirement ;) haha
thanks for those races guys :) see you on Sunday for the last time.

stin
29th March 2014, 12:54 AM
I`m sooo drunk as helll!!!!....yeh!, you are so deadly but funny as f u c k!!!! ;) You must come back after you what ever are doing! :)

possesed13
29th March 2014, 08:53 AM
no we are not.... we are just tempting you... :D

Snakenator1
29th March 2014, 09:53 AM
Aww please don't tempt me, you'll just make retirement harder for me :P

and stin you drink driver, we all knew how drunk you were. I should of arrested you on the spot hahaha ;)

stin
29th March 2014, 10:07 AM
Haha!, honestly, I still feel a wee bit drunk but a bit better! Anyway, it was a good night, Terra-wrists!, you are a nutter! but good banter though ;)

terra-wrists
29th March 2014, 05:23 PM
Haha those were some cool raes last night for Snakes uhm.... retirement (that's too strong a word, seriously). Stevie G, you was soooo drunk, yet sooooo funny lol. I am still laughing at the recent memories last nights PSN chat :D

Is anyone racing about now? I got an hour free and am wondering if its worth booting up the PS3

stin
29th March 2014, 09:29 PM
Guys, I had a great time online tonight with Oyrx, Point and others! Time to rest for the night and gotta prepare to play for Kegs! ;)

Yeah Terra!, I was absolutely steaming last night but I had a ball but good banter too ;)

Snakenator1
29th March 2014, 10:29 PM
^^ wish I could of joined you stin haha I clearly missed out on something funny today :P

but honestly I enjoyed the day I've had with my girlfriend more rather than games ;)

Mitchemous
30th March 2014, 12:49 AM
Sone good racing indeed stin! See you in Kegs league tomorrow!

Snakenator1
30th March 2014, 11:40 AM
Hey guys, just letting you know I will be online shortly for the last time. Hope to catch some of you already there ;)

Mietepiet
30th March 2014, 11:44 AM
we're waiting for you, with some missiles and bombs :D

Snakenator1
30th March 2014, 06:43 PM
Had an awesome time with all of my good friends today, lots of endurance racing, zone battle and more. I had a great time guys, thanks a tonne :)

But I am now a retired pilot, I will stay on the forum but you won't catch me online on PSN for a while now :P

Oryx Crake
30th March 2014, 06:58 PM
well I'm sorry my attitude was a bit pissy today snake, I just really wasn't in the right mood, hope you can forgive that.

Snakenator1
30th March 2014, 07:00 PM
Hey it doesn't matter, I still had fun though :) honestly I'm normally in a bad mood half the time :P

stin
30th March 2014, 08:50 PM
Mate I had a rare time with you, all that farting and killing you is totally worth it! lol ;)

Terra, my ps3 went frozed right after I just about to finished the race! :( but it was good tonight and poss! you`re unbelievable scary man! but it was good though :)

stevie:g

terra-wrists
31st March 2014, 12:57 AM
you froze? AHA! Figures :D

yeah, Possessed13 was on form tonight, almost won a tourny off me, was like 2 points off at the closest.

I soooo need to break my new controller in, I'm still using the old one (why? I don't know - well actually, breaking in a new controller is a pain that's why lol)

Looking forward to some races tomorrow evening gmt :)

stin
31st March 2014, 07:53 AM
Oh yes, I also do need a new controller too due I worn them out! Online tonight?, maybe but we will find out eventually

possesed13
31st March 2014, 08:24 AM
last night i logged in and i wasn't much in the mood.... i didn't talk much and sorry Stevie about that.... but the the game was on mate!! you and terra and djgun thanks! awesome races!!
and as im telling you terra im getting closer.. (in some tracks lol) thanks again guys i went to bed shaking!
Lest have a great week!

terra-wrists
31st March 2014, 02:17 PM
you got me on sol2 - twice. I rarely repeat a track, but i just had to.

Yes Possessed, you're getting closer my friend :) too close for comfort in some races lol

Knux_Chaotix
8th April 2014, 11:58 AM
Anyone about on Thursday and Friday for a few races?? Feel like I've neglected Wipeout for a wee while thanks to Final Fantasy. Level grinding is doing my head in, so I thought a few races would sort me out. That and I miss playing lol. So aye, gimme a shout if anyones up for it ^_^

stin
8th April 2014, 01:31 PM
Aye, l'm mostly on nearly all the time so, you will see me. :)

stevie :)

possesed13
9th April 2014, 06:52 AM
prob be around knux... see you!!

terra-wrists
9th April 2014, 01:10 PM
I'll be online Friday Night GMT :)

superjeepboy
9th April 2014, 02:14 PM
I will ONLY be online on Sat/Sundays. So, ill be on those days if i can.

mannjon
9th April 2014, 05:21 PM
Anyone about on Thursday and Friday for a few races?? Feel like I've neglected Wipeout for a wee while thanks to Final Fantasy. Level grinding is doing my head in, so I thought a few races would sort me out. That and I miss playing lol. So aye, gimme a shout if anyones up for it ^_^

mannjon reporting for duty...
If you win enough races, you might just acquire the Race God Aeon.

possesed13
12th April 2014, 05:34 PM
man.. i got online today and i got beaten up badly... very badly!!!
i played 20 races and i was eliminated around 30 lol!
explosive room... my icaras couldnt stand alive half round!
it was one of these days....
and stin was winning the tournament while i was eating mines like pop corn :p
at least an icaras kept the flag up...
nice work stin!

stin
12th April 2014, 06:32 PM
Heh!, mind you, it did took me a long time to start winning races and trust me, it`s not easy as you think but, I had to think of ASA (Yeah you ya Fud! ;))and starting to learn from it and starting to make progress. Since mid January, I`d jumped 13 ranking points in my own name plus my second ID "Madstin" up to I think is 21 points but I will check!

Want online?, I`m there, but Golf Masters is on this weekend and Pro Cycling too "From Paris to Roux" all cobbles!, awesome to watch so yeah! ;)

Mietepiet
20th April 2014, 11:33 AM
I'm having some good easter race atm

Weed_junky reached rank 97 and I beated Scar twice in a row on Vineta K, first time i needed two missles :D
Then I went "MIEEEEET" :D

Snakenator1
21st April 2014, 12:51 PM
Currently Online looking for races if anyone wants to race

Snakenator1
16th May 2014, 09:05 PM
I just realised guys, only 3 more exams to go, on the 2nd of June I can finally come out of retirement. Oh how I've missed you guys :)

P.S I think some of you may have seen my name online recently, umm if you did just letting you know that was a friend using my account to learn the competitive world of Wipeout HD, not me :P I haven't touched the game in ages.

My lines are gonna be so bad when I get back in my Feisar

terra-wrists
17th May 2014, 11:10 AM
Sure bud Xd

Rapier Racer
18th May 2014, 12:26 PM
Your lines ain't that bad Snake! Not from what I was seeing :)

Snakenator1
2nd June 2014, 02:50 PM
The day has finally come, my exams are over so....
I'M BACK GUYS!! :D
My *ahem* retirement has finally reached its end, I have all the time in the world now for one thing: Pure online Wipeout HD racing with you guys :)

If anyone has the time later tonight I want to race again, I think some races with all of my good friends on here is long overdue :)

possesed13
2nd June 2014, 06:03 PM
good :)

Snakenator1
4th June 2014, 01:59 PM
Just had some of the best races in my entire Wipeout career, with three of my best buds Rapier Racer, Knux Chaotix and Oryx Crake. Despite my long absence from playing HD Fury I still am a competitive pilot :)
Some races were intense, violent and down right awesome!

Thanks guys for those races, I had tons of fun :D

Knux_Chaotix
4th June 2014, 03:59 PM
Was great fun racing you lot!! May have only been a short session, but wow. They were intense, close and aggressive races!! Just the way I like it ;) I still need to sort my lines with Phantom speed. My poor Goteki was a ping pong ball at some points. Hopefully get a few more in soon. Was epic fun ^_^

Oryx Crake
5th June 2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah that was damned good fun! been a while since I had a challenging phantom race... mainly because it's been a while since I had a phantom race period. cheers guys I needed that.

terra-wrists
7th June 2014, 01:12 PM
Wipeout hd offline meeting today. Yep I'm on my way to legend Yeldar place.... Whoop whoop

Snakenator1
8th June 2014, 07:29 PM
Awesome races with marcingru, maciek, stin and keg today :) had a ton of fun

Earlier on though I ran into a lobby of random pilots who I raced a couple of times before, they gave me a nickname. They messaged me when I joined and they called me "The Black Mamba". Naturally I asked why and they all said "I am the fastest snake they've ever seen" :P

I am now infamous apparently as they spread the awareness of my PSN ID to everyone they know. Haha I didn't think this would happen.

terra-wrists
9th June 2014, 02:41 PM
Wipeout hd offline meeting today. Yep I'm on my way to legend Yeldar place.... Whoop whoop

Yeldar is a beast. :D too damn fast.

And his sound system is something else... seriously!

Thanks for having me over Yeldar2097! I had a wonderful time.

yeldar2097
9th June 2014, 07:08 PM
Welcome back any time <3

More offline goodness awaits. Time to oil up that AG again xD

terra-wrists
9th June 2014, 09:42 PM
I guess I canna fly by this weekend then :D

Snakenator1
16th June 2014, 05:33 PM
Cipher and Maciek thanks for that awesome Zone Battle, I had fun :) As for the badge I got:

Kamikase: Win a Zone battle event despite causing substantial damage to your own ship with your own Zone barriers.

Its true cause I ploughed into six barriers before I won XD

nostromer
18th June 2014, 08:26 AM
Good races tonight with a few users I'm not sure are WZone pilots. WeedJunky_4(2), Leudism and others.

Gonna start adding some of you guys to my PSN tomorrow. It seems like not so many pilots are up for Phantom class (my favorite) and I see lots of flash events and raiper-eliminator.

I'll be on a good portion tomorrow. Looking to try and get some Zone Battle on ! ! : )

terra-wrists
22nd June 2014, 06:04 PM
i'mback... internet is working whoop whoop.

Snakenator1
22nd June 2014, 09:34 PM
How's this for a online meeting:

Snakenator1
maccy123456
Rizlablueboy

I may of only won one race, but I was definitely giving them a run for their money, the closest race was +0.44 seconds between me and maccy (he still beat me) But I did win the previous eliminator events.
I am definitely improving as a pilot though, since I'm giving Riz a run for his money means my times are faster than ever :)
Watch out pilots, Snakey here is a black mamba ready to strike ;)

terra-wrists
23rd June 2014, 11:07 AM
Wanna try me snake? You may leave a little humbled

stin
23rd June 2014, 11:59 AM
Please delete this post, thanks. :)

Snakenator1
23rd June 2014, 03:23 PM
Challenge accepted, your on Terra 8)
I may give you a nasty surprise ;)

terra-wrists
23rd June 2014, 03:43 PM
:D ok, when can you be ONLINE? ;)

Snakenator1
23rd June 2014, 03:45 PM
If your available tonight, I should be on at 7pm GMT if that works

terra-wrists
23rd June 2014, 03:47 PM
I'm available from now til midnight - get your practice hours in while I finish of a website.

:) see you at 7.

EDIT: Snake, sorry dude I got slightly delayed with the website, I'm firing up the PS3 now, see you online me hopes.

EDIT 2: hosting a private room - have sent you an invite (skruffem) ;) it's gonna be just us... get in.

Snakenator1
23rd June 2014, 06:56 PM
I'll beat you one day Terra ;)
Just need to practice lines more, AND THOSE BLOODY ROCKETS >.<
I'll get revenge on you

terra-wrists
23rd June 2014, 07:20 PM
easier said than done:D let me explain that rocket to you.

That was the second race - phantom moa forward... i let you get ahead on the start by a fraction... by doing that, I let you get the choice of the 2 speed pads alongside each other entering the loop - a dangerous place to get shot - on a magstrip. Suffer extra slow down ;) And so you may have picked up a bomb or mine, but I wasnt behind your drop line, and so had a distinct advantage - with a red weapon... and its the early stages of lap one in that decide a race in most cases... after that, it was hard for you to keep behind me.

And that, is wipEout... :)

You'll do good, I can tell, just stick with it - and one more thing, being cocky about skill, should be backed up with results :)

Snakenator1
23rd June 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm not cocky :P I'm good
Last time I checked

Your right though, I talk to much for my own good :P
I'm still a pilot in training and your skills are far superior than mine. But I accept that for its something to work on, I'm always striving to improve ;)
Lol Terra gave me a reality check XD

terra-wrists
23rd June 2014, 08:35 PM
Here's another one - you're not good, you're very good... anyone who can finish less than 2 seconds behind me in a flash race, has got what it takes to take what I got... like I said, it just takes practice, practice, practice - over time, you will see options open in race within a split second, and be able to react without breaking a sweat or missing a beat... it's those levels of gameplay that will ensure you are always out ahead.

Remember on Modesto, you shot me with a missile and I bumped into the wall? You should have gotten ahead - but didn't because I exposed the flaw in the track where I can "lip" the edge I bumped into after I got hit with your missile, and BR'd my way ahead instead... risky strategy on low energy, but I knew I'd get the weps pad before you and so, can absorb to replace some shield and get ready for the BR off the jump.

That's how I did it :) and you can too. Just practice. Peeps who see me get away from a missile hit like that - think I'm cheating - it's actually just an advanced skillset, and only works under certain conditions.

Flashback_Jack (a legend on PULSE) used to say "if my hands can do it, so can yours"

Keep on, keeping on - you're an AirLicker Approved Pilot now :)

God bless,

Snakenator1
23rd June 2014, 09:11 PM
I have so much yet to learn now, that's enough to keep me motivated for a long time. Don't expect me to disappear anytime soon now, I'll race till my demise ;)
You are such a kind person to, thanks for that. Its pilots like you who I aspire to be like Terra, awesome but willing to lend a helping hand. Just like Hellfire to :)

I hope one day I can return the favour to other pilots.

I'm an AirLicker pilot?!!! *gasp* YAY :D :hyper

terra-wrists
23rd June 2014, 10:03 PM
truth be told Snake :)

it's your passion for the game... in a way, you remind me of a younger me in some ways. I was a cocky son of a badass :D didn't bode too well, and had to eat my hat on more than a few occasions in the past...

...fast forwards a few years and though I have humbled somewhat, my skills have improved greatly through practice. Might I add that I don't mean offline TT's or SL's - I learnt HD Fury skill set purely online, and that is the long way round.

Had I TT'd and SL'd, I'd have peaked a lot sooner, and maybe been a cockier son a badass for a longer time.

I guess it all worked out well in the end :)

And yes, approved, by the air-licker himself. Moi. :D

I wonder what happened to Uber-JKP? He is missed here.

Snakenator1
23rd June 2014, 10:15 PM
We're very similar people then Terra ;) not just as pilots but as people to. We may have been cocky but in time we grow stronger and through resilience we become better people. If I joined the forum earlier than I did then I would be the most sarcastic person you could meet (and therefore very unlikeable). But I have turned that around and although I am still big headed I mean it in the best manner possible. Time will see me become a pilot like you and others.

And as a AirLicker now I won't let you down, for that is a promise my good friend ;)

terra-wrists
23rd June 2014, 10:26 PM
no need for promises - just keep the passion alive. we're a unique bunch of gamers, we play a game that a lot of people have but dont play due to its difficulty in mastering the basics (as per hellfires tutorial) and we've taken it waaaaay beyond that... could we be an elite bunch of gaming geeks who have lightning fast reaction times and can handle the adrenal outputs and stay clam, focused and determined? Yes We Are...

...and thus, there are no need for promises of any kind, just keep on, keeping on :)

God bless,

possesed13
24th June 2014, 11:03 AM
thumbs up :):+

Words of truth between pilots of a game like no other!

Wipeout forever:rock:rock:rock:rock

liquid_kit
24th June 2014, 02:52 PM
Amen!!!

Snakenator1
24th June 2014, 07:07 PM
Words of truth between pilots of a game like no other!

That is the true Wipeout community for you ;)

Snakenator1
25th June 2014, 04:02 PM
Just had a venom class, Icaras lobby going, guess who joined?

The clearly nobody cares about Kronicreaper88
Think I scared him off as he left within seconds after the first race he did with me and it was only us two in the lobby to begin with.
Kinda glad he did, cause I don't like him anymore.

Other than that I ran into mastermind Bigsnake009 as well, had a nice time with him. Hope all is well for your game development ;)

ericd7
28th June 2014, 07:34 AM
Thanks to Maccy12345, AirWolf, Arok1982, pianopractice and Cygni for yesterday night session :rock, it was great to play with you again.

Snakenator1
5th July 2014, 10:28 PM
Soo I read the thread about these guys and I know its a dead topic but, I'm right now in a lobby with:
xX333-3Xx
xX333-2Xx
xX333-1Xx

I just had a race, they couldn't use there tactic on me cause I think I was to fast for them :P
One of them was really fast though, beat me for 1st so I settled with 2nd but no deaths by those three. Quite the challenge they are ;)

Snakenator1
6th July 2014, 09:00 PM
Literally just had a Wipeout day :D I played online and offline and played all the game modes. Lots of good wins today online and set some new times on some speed laps. Altogether a great day.

Well I'm goin Iceland tomorrow :D :D so I'll be inactive for a few days, wish you all good races while I'm away and have fun.
See you guys on the 11th July :)

Snakenator1
18th July 2014, 08:12 PM
Just had an insane lobby with maccy123456 :D it was a lot of fun and you won't believe what happened in one of the races:

I am not lying but after a phantom sol2 race the results were:
Maccy: 1:48:93
Snake: 1:48:93

I am not lying we had equal times upon finishing but maccy got the 1st place position by the skin of his teeth, how awesome it was :)
Also Terra I'd like to race again sometime, I've been honing my skills and improving lately so I wanna race. I'll probably still lose :D

Cipher
19th July 2014, 12:53 AM
haha! had that with Lilith during avalon, it was so awesome XDDDD
tech de ra reverse, i remember very well, actually have it recorded (can't link cuz on vita) but it's in sunday's avalon event, video on my channel ;)
I love wipeout always amazing things to experience ^_^

And a bit late, but hope you had a nice vaction in iceland! :)

Snakenator1
26th August 2014, 02:14 PM
GUYS HEADS UP! there's a new pilot online and he is a bada$$ at this game! I had a few races with him and spectated some of his races as well and this guy is fast. A level 5 new pilot was beating level 101 veterans on Flash and higher speeds by 5 seconds and so on 0.0

I've never seen such a experienced new pilot, just I was amazed. Keep your eyes open for "Solo_Wyvern" because he will give you a run for your money :D

I'll also see if he would like to join us on the forum, this pilot deserves a place here ^_^

prototype890
30th August 2014, 10:11 AM
hello i am new to this thread and forum so yeah.... i am up for a game if any of you are also i would like a place on the thread please so yeah bye :)
EDIT my psn is assassain890

terra-wrists
30th August 2014, 05:06 PM
welcome aboard bud :)

I'm in GMT london time so it would be hard for us to meet online, although I do not rule out the possibility.

hopefullly see you around.

terra-wrists
30th August 2014, 09:31 PM
GUYS HEADS UP! there's a new pilot online and he is a bada$$ at this game! I had a few races with him and spectated some of his races as well and this guy is fast. A level 5 new pilot was beating level 101 veterans on Flash and higher speeds by 5 seconds and so on 0.0

I've never seen such a experienced new pilot, just I was amazed. Keep your eyes open for "Solo_Wyvern" because he will give you a run for your money :D

I'll also see if he would like to join us on the forum, this pilot deserves a place here ^_^

and then... this:

I have sent the defending document to SCEE, all I can do now is wait for a response but my account is still down at the moment so still racing as Solo_Wyvern for a while yet to come.

:D facepalm ?

Snakenator1
30th August 2014, 09:44 PM
Yeaaaah originally was mean't to be a joke but after I started using that account I got the accusation :brickwall:

Irony at its best hey? :P

Story is Solo_Wyvern was my original account before snake one, but I couldn't use it and only recently I could. I thought I could have a joke with it and now look where I am.
So yeah THE WORLDS BIGGEST FACEPALM RIGHT HERE :P

terra-wrists
30th August 2014, 11:52 PM
LOL dude. I'll be racing in a few mins under one of my many pseudonyms... I came across you solo_wyvern earlier this week, not bad kid, you're getting better...

...keep it up ! :)

- - - Updated - - -

bloomin' heck that was a rush - I jst got a global 5th on chenghou rev flash under one of my alternate ID's... hate it when that happens, chen rev flash speed in under 2 mins...

it was a full room, hectic, got away early, mannjon was present :) hi dude :) sick racing on moa rev mate, well done!

terra-wrists
31st August 2014, 11:41 PM
thank you RizlaBoyBlue and Cipher for the awesome phantom races, made my eyes bleed, especially in those internal view races lol.

This avalon should be kinda excellent me thinks.

prototype890
6th September 2014, 03:51 PM

oh please i could run circles around that guy with my eyes close in fact i think i could beat anyone here that's a challenge anyone who wants to race all ya have to do is ask nicely;)
EDIT did not realize that it was you but my point still stands

Cipher
7th September 2014, 09:52 AM
I'll accept that challenge :p
1v1, phantom, 10 races, 5 weaps on, 5 weaps off, whenever you're ready ^^

Cipher

prototype890
7th September 2014, 03:11 PM
then it's on let me know when you want to vs i'll be waiting for response

Cipher
8th September 2014, 11:20 AM
Currently visiting my mom's so can't get on, not sure when i'll be back yet either, but accepted your fr request via the vita already ;)

And we are talking Wipeout HD/Fury right? Cuz you don't have a single trophy for it (or are you being sneaky? :p)

Cipher

terra-wrists
26th December 2014, 08:32 PM
necro-bumpings of this thread, had to b e done.

Just had a n amazing session with cipher, nml_cygni, not nugget, and the crew - all phantom which is out of my comfort zone but WOW, what a blast (literally - we all suffered heavy damage in this one)... I got DC'd and had to leave but wanted to thank everyone who participated in the races.

My thumb is sore now. Tomorrow I can peel the dead skin off it - gross. :D

Cipher
26th December 2014, 09:33 PM
Ewwwwwwwww XD Don't peel it off! >.<
But yeah, great games everyone, was fun! :)

Cipher

Rapier Racer
28th December 2014, 04:05 PM
Is anyone from the UK having trouble getting online with HD Fury? Everything else seems to be working fine PSN wise but I can't connect to the HD servers, tired with different accounts on different connections and nothing.

Cipher
28th December 2014, 07:13 PM
It was working earlier today, PSN's been up and down the last couple of days so it's probably still a bit wonky with all the problems happening @ psn
But checked just now and it seems to be working fine atm ;)

Cipher

terra-wrists
28th December 2014, 07:29 PM
I was online earlier but only saw eliminator rooms so left.

Knux_Chaotix
28th December 2014, 07:29 PM
Mine was back up a while ago.

Cipher
12th February 2015, 01:49 PM
Hey all,

Discussed this a bit before with Eric and kind of surprised this isn't on the forum yet, but this thread will be reserved for "Mini events" that are being organised, so if you plan on a day of wipeout and want to make sure some other people can/will be there shoot a post with a structure similar to the one below (See Template).

As a note, this thread is not for "i'm online right now, please join", more for organised thingies where you're sure there will be someone there when you hop on and they haven't already left or something, a separate thread for that could be made, but i personally think people don't check the site enough to attend at such short notice, which would mean that your post would go unnoticed-> bummer, so lets avoid that =)

Template:

Date: DD/MM/YY
Time: ##:## (24h Clock)
Time Zone: GMT+#
Race Type: e.g. Mix of Phantom Single Races and Zone Battle | Phantom Endurance Races (Weaps off & On) | Eliminator Varying speeds | ...
Estimated Duration: e.g. 3-4hours | As long as there's pilots | ...
Chat Room Enabled: Yes | No | Maybe
PSN ID Contact: e.g. Apple-Guy-Cipher

Extra Info (Optional):

Something like that :)

And to start things off;

Date: 12/02/15
Time: 21:00
Time Zone: GMT+1
Race Type: Mostly Phantom Races
Estimated Duration: ~2 or 3 hours, maybe more (You can keep going after i'm off though)
Chat Room Enabled: Yes
PSN ID Contact: Apple-Guy-Cipher

Extra Info (Optional):
Just for funsies! :D
Xtriko will be attending (a.k.a. The Drunken Master) for some nostalgia races, Maciek should be there as well if nothing comes up
I myself will be flying internal to keep it a little fair with rusty Triko, so don't expect greatness of me ^^
I know i know, this is kinda short notice, but only knew it myself since today :P But feel free to join! :)

Cipher

ps Here ya go Eric, your birthday present lol :p

Dylan061997
12th February 2015, 03:43 PM
if i'm not busy tonight i'll join the party :redface:

BardicSMG
12th February 2015, 03:55 PM
That just so happens to be the exact date of my job interview! Oh well, I don't have the game yet, anyway. I'll probably get it soon and use this tread to make sure I know be lonely.

Knux_Chaotix
12th February 2015, 04:27 PM
Wont be about tonight, well not until the early hours of the morning, but tomorrow night I could if people are still about?

Cipher
12th February 2015, 05:55 PM
Lol Bardic, wtf are you doing here then, that date is today, shoo shoo! You're late for your interview! XD (You probably confused it with US date structure :p (i hope, otherwise you're in trouble))

@Dylan, sure, feel free to join, might be in dat wipeout game chat, will see, hit me up on psn if you don't have it yet

@Knuxy dunno if i will be on tomorrow, visiting mom's, depends when i leave, will see ;)

Cipher

Maciek1704
12th February 2015, 05:56 PM
I'll try to join :/

xtriko
12th February 2015, 08:23 PM
It's been a long long long long time since I last took the DS3 to WOHD. Made a few races with the lads and guess what... I loved it! Not top player skills on my fingers but awesome smile on my ugly face! :D
Special thanks to Maciek1704 who didn't allow my smile to get bigger and taking the tournament on the very last race, with tons of luck :P sorry mate xD ahahah its true lol
Bigger Special thanks to Cipher for keeping my interest in the game alive by posting he's insane fast videos on youtube.

Big love to you all;

Xtriko aka Mauro :)

TheConzio
13th February 2015, 07:02 AM
Eeeesh 4:00am xD Another time

Dylan061997
13th February 2015, 01:45 PM
Pure fun last night gg guys :g , cipher likes bombs and he knows it xD

@xtriko , our finish in sol 2 was insane :g

terra-wrists
13th February 2015, 03:26 PM
Damn man. I missed out BIGTIME. xtriko is legend !!! I haven't seen him online for yonks.

xtriko
13th February 2015, 08:14 PM
@Dylan, yes mate! There were some really tight finishes :D I really had a blast :)
@terra-wrists, I'll try to join some sessions more often :) I will also keep in touch here at WOZ. Been off for too long. I miss the WO gang :P Today I bought a ps tv just to play pure and pulse on a big screen lol too bad 2048 isn't a option. I would LOVE to play this on big screen...
If my lady let me, I'll hop on tomorrow for a couple races ;)

Btw! Last month I tried to take my WO skills to the next level! I barrel rolled a car xD It was not "contender eliminated" but it was "ship destroyed"... direct to the junk yard. Happily I didn't take serious injury. I'm starting now to walk again because I injured my right foot, ankle, knee, shoulder, neck etc... Sadly I don't remember anything. And before someone asks, I was on Zero Alcohol :P Next time I'll try it on external view. Maybe I can improve the results ehehehe

Big Hug to You all my friends :)

Xtriko aka Mauro

PS. Next few weeks I will start a remix of "Messij"

J.666
14th February 2015, 03:43 PM
Were you racing the guitar Xtriko?:P

Cipher
15th February 2015, 01:57 AM
^That's still a challenge i want to take on XD But don't have the guitar for PSN :p

And yes, great games they were, thanks everyone who was able to join in, was a blast, the internal made my eyes bleeeeeed though, Mauro, i dunno how you do it man XD Some damn good games ;)

@Dylan No i don't!!! Grrrrrrr!!! XD

@Mosh, ye you did! could've shown off your pirhana skills ;D

And as stated in the first post, anyone's free to set up a thingy in here, doesn't have to be me, so feel free! :)

Cipher

JFthebestJan
15th February 2015, 04:39 PM
i would like to play some Pure / Pulse online via 'ad-hoc party'. if someone is interested, plz let me know. i have Pure with all DLC tracks, and Pulse without the DLC tracks.

TheConzio
16th February 2015, 01:35 PM
^That's still a challenge i want to take on XD But don't have the guitar for PSN :p

I have, it was great fun :D (could only win on venom and flash though lol)

terra-wrists
16th February 2015, 08:43 PM
for the past week or so, everytime I read WZ, I feel like wanting to play some wipeout. :)

J.666
17th February 2015, 07:28 AM
I have, it was great fun :D (could only win on venom and flash though lol)

I would love to try it, unfortunately just like apple l don't know anybody with a guitar :(

stin
17th February 2015, 06:30 PM
Jfthebest wrote :"i would like to play some Pure / Pulse online via 'ad-hoc party'. if someone is interested, plz let me know. i have Pure with all DLC tracks, and Pulse without the DLC tracks"

If you want to play this?, but I also would like to play Most Wanted for trophies, deal? :)

stevie :)

Cipher
17th February 2015, 06:41 PM
@Zio The man did it with internal as well, he cray cray :P

@JF isn't that PSP? Don't have that one (despite having a the game lol (wipeout collection ^^))

@Mosh You've got too many alts, i never know when you're online :D

Cipher

JFthebestJan
17th February 2015, 09:30 PM
@stin: yeah, i can help you with 'most wanted' trophies. i need them too ;)

@cipher: it's possible to play 'ad-hoc party' with PSP + PSV too. so if you own the digital version of Pure and Pulse, you can compete with us ;) all you need is 1PS3 + 1PSV or 1PSP / ad-hoc party (free on PSN) + Pulse and /or Pure as PSN versions. the PS3 has to be connected to the internet with a wired connection! so it can act as a hotspot for the handhelds :)

Cipher
18th February 2015, 12:33 AM
Hmmmm, don't have either digitally no, might pick them up, but just bought a new car, so will hold off on it for a little longer and save some money first, maybe in the future ;)

Cipher

JFthebestJan
18th February 2015, 01:51 AM
go and get them via your PSV, both games will cost 15.98euro (7.99/game). the dlc tracks for Pure are free, the dlc for Pulse will cost another 15euros.

J.666
19th February 2015, 10:18 PM
I'mgoing to host some races this sunday

Date: 01/03/15
Time: +-18:00 (maybe l will be also online in the afternoon)
Time Zone: GMT+1
Race Type: Mostly single races, rapier and phantom. When l'm getting too drunk l maybe switch 2 flash. If tourneo is requested l will host that too
Estimated Duration: Till my eyes close, mostly around 1 or 2
Chat Room Enabled: If somebody has anything to say, l will be in 'dat wipeout game' chatroom. I'll send invites
PSN ID Contact: Jezoes666

Participants:
Jezoes666
The conzio
Ericd7m

Maybe:
apple-guy-cipher

Hopefully l'll see some of you sunday :)

Cipher
20th February 2015, 12:07 AM
I'll see if i can't join in on that one, will be late though as i'll have to drive back home in the evening first ;)

@JF, you missed the point, i bought a new car lol, i'm a poor guy now XD Will have to play on stock exchange for a bit again ^^

Cipher

JFthebestJan
20th February 2015, 12:49 AM
are you serious? playing with money is not very smart...you can lose it! so to all kids around here, DON't try this at home. ;)

BardicSMG
20th February 2015, 01:03 AM
Try it at someone else's house with there money. That way, you won't lose any.

Cipher
20th February 2015, 01:31 AM
Lol jf, i'm not talking to kids, i'm talking to you as an adult, of course it's not safe to just go ahead and invest in stuff without doing research/ investing time & putting thought into it and i'm not telling you should all do it, definitely not lol
You need some dedication if you wanne do it, but i won't recommend it either way, there's high risks ;)

So no, that was not a post to say ppl should try it, just a note that it'll take some time before i can go on shopping sprees again :p

Cipher

TheConzio
20th February 2015, 10:16 AM
J.666 I may be able to join in the late hours, as that'll be around 8:00am for me.

ericd7
20th February 2015, 10:42 AM
Sounds good for me too.See you on sunday :)

J.666
21st February 2015, 09:23 AM
cool, l've added you to the participants list, see you then :)

J.666
22nd February 2015, 03:30 PM
l'm not sure if racing for me is still on.. The servers won't let me get online (again :() l had the same problem yesterday for the whole evening. l Hope l will get through eventually.

Dylan061997
22nd February 2015, 04:31 PM
l'm not sure if racing for me is still on.. The servers won't let me get online (again :() l had the same problem yesterday for the whole evening. l Hope l will get through eventually.

i've got same problems as you sometimes for me i just wait 20-25 min turn off the ps3 and i can get online again

J.666
28th March 2015, 10:54 PM
what is it with gamers nowadays. Saturday evening and no one to race :-( l thought gamers never leaved their gamecave willingly :g

terra-wrists
28th March 2015, 11:21 PM
i'll hop on, I got my tea with me :)

J.666
29th March 2015, 12:01 AM
tnx for racing dylan and terra :-) but what's with the strange green flag terra? :g you changed nationalities?

blackwiggle
2nd April 2015, 07:58 AM
Change of Flag usually means that the PS servers are re-directing.

Cipher
2nd April 2015, 08:04 AM
Whuuuuuuuuu?!?!?!

Is this what's going on then with the outage??

Cipher

stinkleroy
20th June 2015, 05:31 PM
If anyone is interested in a regular sessions me and ericd7m have decided that we will host a room every Friday/bi weekly (depending on interest) from 7.30pm till whenever we get tired, even if it's just us we will stick around. We managed to get a full rapier room going for about 2 or 3 hours last night, would be great to see some more zoners online :) Lets rock the servers till they shut them down :)

Cipher
20th June 2015, 06:59 PM
I'll try and tune in to those, the timing is great, but can't make it this weekend though :p

Cipher

J.666
20th June 2015, 09:28 PM
If this will become a regular thing l would gladly join :)

stinkleroy
20th June 2015, 10:01 PM
Excellent :D

Just show up and look for either ericd7m or myself. 7.30pm GMT, if you can't make it this week don't worry we will be there next week :)

We will most likely be playing Rapier or Phantom and run the rooms in an Avalon style where each track will be played twice - once with weapons on, once without.

Snakenator1
20th June 2015, 10:20 PM
I need to race you guys again! I just finished College so now I'm on summer holidays so I picked up Wipeout again. I missed this game so much but now I'm uber rusty xD
Can't wait to see all my good friends back on the race track :D

stinkleroy
21st June 2015, 09:15 AM
Don't worry Snake I am a rust bucket too, you'll get your mojo back in no time :) Hope to see you there!

possesed13
21st June 2015, 08:51 PM
.... I need to get a new ps joystick....

ericd7
23rd June 2015, 07:55 PM
I'm in (it seems i have no choices anyways :D).
There was another dedicated thread in the arena section where you should have set this up as you must be logged in to see the pilot lounge.

J.666
23rd June 2015, 07:56 PM
Wont make it this week, l'm currently enjoying the lovely croatian country and sun. maybe next week, l come bakc thursday night so if l'mnot ired l get some online time :-D

Knux_Chaotix
23rd June 2015, 10:51 PM
Im back from Holland and I've missed racing you lot. Will be online later in the week if anyones about ^_^

fab0810
24th June 2015, 12:26 PM
good idea, thank you for the initiative, I would participate when possible...
Summer is a source of numerous requests :)

stinkleroy
24th June 2015, 09:38 PM
Awesome fellow pilots, great to have you on board :) I promise you will have fun

I might not be around next week as a trip to see Jurassic World is on the cards but this week is on :)

Cipher
25th June 2015, 12:21 AM
To make this visible for the non-forum members as well, every friday is wipeout day;

If anyone is interested in a regular sessions me and ericd7m have decided that we will host a room every Friday/bi weekly (depending on interest) from 7.30pm till whenever we get tired, even if it's just us we will stick around. We managed to get a full rapier room going for about 2 or 3 hours last night, would be great to see some more zoners online :) Lets rock the servers till they shut them down :)

Cipher

ps Double post because reasons..
pps sry for that, but gotta get that bump..
ppps guessing she meant GMT timezone, but not certain, anyways, just friday :p

terra-wrists
25th June 2015, 05:30 PM
i'd love to fly with you all, but i'ts ramadhan and I am fasting (one week done already) I won't be racing until it's all over :) so i'll do an Arnie and say, "ah'l be bach" :D

Cipher
26th June 2015, 09:03 AM
I didn't know wipeout fasting was part of that? :p
But okay Mosh, DunDun Dun DunDunDun (Terminator theme, kinda..)

Cipher

terra-wrists
26th June 2015, 02:22 PM
19 hour fasts aint easy Alex :mr-t:mr-t:blarg no water, no food, no cigarettes even - nada... and I love to smoke while I play wipeout. Besides, I swapped my TV for a 24inch monitor (finally got the beasty PC for video special effects).

stinkleroy
26th June 2015, 06:40 PM
Sad about that Terra but you're doing it right :) See you in another session.

Well i'm around and about if anyone wants to fly tonight :)

Cipher
26th June 2015, 10:48 PM
Hope you guys had fun (or, if still going, continue to do so ^^ )

@Mosh Food wouldn't be a problem lol, water however :P
Don't restart smoking when it's over, it's better for ya :) (If you smoke)
And wooot for the new PC, party time!! \(^o^)/

Cipher

JFthebestJan
27th June 2015, 02:25 AM
@terra: i would say, don't stop smoking, if you love it, like you said. because something that you love to do cannot be bad for you ;)
btw, are you allowed to sleep during the day? that's what i would do to fight the hunger :D

terra-wrists
27th June 2015, 03:07 AM
Sad about that Terra but you're doing it right :) See you in another session.

Well i'm around and about if anyone wants to fly tonight :)

I do miss the old days :)

@Mosh Food wouldn't be a problem lol, water however
Don't restart smoking when it's over, it's better for ya (If you smoke)
And wooot for the new PC, party time!! \(^o^)/

Cipher

well, I'm down to only smoking a cig after I break the fast at night after sunset - and it buzzes me out so bad, legs turn to jelly :D better than weed duuude.

During the day, I don't crave the cigs because I'm too thirsty for water lol. I feel so healthy now and it's only been 10 days. Blood pressure has dropped to normal levels and my adrenaline is.... uh, where is it? :D I feel detoxed. 20 days left. I'll be superhuman by the end of this.

Fruit is soooo good after a fast, and my taste buds :D can't explain man, childlike is the best way to explain it. I can taste EVERYTHING as it is meant to be tasted :)

@terra: i would say, don't stop smoking, if you love it, like you said. because something that you love to do cannot be bad for you
btw, are you allowed to sleep during the day? that's what i would do to fight the hunger

I have to work :blarg fortunately I run a business which is my own, and so, I can take the odd power nap here and there, until the phone rings and brings me out of my stupor - and that sucks really badly. Today for example, I was in my office (I work from home) and decided to have a break, so I layed down on the recliner, put my feet up, dozed off for like all of 7 minutes or thereabouts, then the phone went off - unhappy client - and my throat was so dry when I spoke to him, I felt he may have thought I was feigning some emotion or something. I explained I was fasting and he was like "how do you not eat or drink for 30 days straight? are you even human?" I found that really funny and even laughed, but only ended up sounding like a horse being strangled. Weird schit man. The I explained that when a Muslim fasts, he doesn't eat or drink in the daylight hours at all... 19 hours in the peak of British summertime is a pain in the - well - just plainly painful full stop :D Can't wait for another ten years when it will be in winter when the daylight hours are shorter :) This is not easy. But necessitated, my body needs a detox baaaadly.

I think I'll pack up the smoking. It's not working out for me :D nicotine withdrawal though, is a real beeyatch. Just gonna have to try and deal with it. God give me strength.

:)

stinkleroy
28th June 2015, 05:15 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Maccy, Kronic, eric and Ane for sticking it out on Friday night it was fun :)

Awesome to see our friends Xtriko and Zones as well, I hope you guys will come back to play with us again soon! I'll be back next Friday.

stinkleroy
3rd July 2015, 11:03 AM
Alright I won't be around tonight for a Friday night flyabout as I have a BBQ to go to. I'm not sure if eric will be around or not, but I'll be back next week @ 7.30pm (GMT)

Cipher
3rd July 2015, 01:00 PM
I won't make this evening either, Sis is coming over from Paris, nor the week after, cuz then it's the other way around :p

Cipher

ericd7
3rd July 2015, 08:45 PM
There are still a few zoners playing at the moment if you want to join.
See you next time alex, AnECat :)

SlickNova
4th July 2015, 04:14 AM
I just got a PS3 after a 6 year hiatus. Hit me up if you want to play Wipeout. My PSN ID is my username

stinkleroy
4th July 2015, 12:35 PM
Well come join us on Friday nights Nova, from 7.30pm GMT onwards. All are welcome!

You owe us some races Cipher ;) Hope you have a great time in Paris :)

Thanks eric, I will be there for sure next week, hope you had fun :)

Cipher
4th July 2015, 02:34 PM
I owe them indeed, the 19th, pinky promise ;p
& Thx, happy summer holidays to everyone! ^^

Cipher

Edit, noticed the threads got merged to the public section of the forum, cheers whoever did that ^^

mannjon
8th July 2015, 02:51 AM
Friday at 7Gmt you say? I may start showing up. Seems kinda like a bowling league thing.

terra-wrists
9th July 2015, 06:49 AM
dammit i'm screwed... no TV.

Cipher
9th July 2015, 12:35 PM
You got so hungry you ate it Mosh?! :p
As mentioned before, i won't make this week, next week though!! :D

Cipher

terra-wrists
9th July 2015, 07:26 PM
Well, I got the PC I wanted but wanted a decent monitor for it... so I sold the TV and put some extra cash in to get the monitor I wanted :D

I'll prolly get a new tv in late Aug early Sept when I can afford it. I'll be really rusty when I get back so i might have to start off in a the Icaras, coz she handles well... and work back up the beasty fish once I got my legs back :D

Formula Fusion though, hmmm... I got my eyes on that now, since I have a badass PC now. See specs here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9883-No-Barrel-Rolls&p=244148#post244148

What you think? :)

Cipher
9th July 2015, 10:53 PM
I hate selling stuff which i know i'll have to buy again sooner or later, meaning you'll probably lose a bit of money because you had to sell it as used, so i'd just keep saving up, but that's just me, see you in august/sep! :D
As for the comp, that's a beefy build indeed, can't beat me though XD (Only your video card is better (good pick btw, bang for your buck with the 970) mine's 4 years old now), then again, i did spend 3K on it lol
But it's a damn fine build, hope you thought of great cooling though with the 4GHz processor? (Running a 3.2GHz Hexa here, never goes over 40°C :D)

Also, this kinda totally off topic, Charlie's gunna come kick our butts, wonder if a "post your system setup" thread would be interesting on here (i freaking love computer building XD), then again, this is wipeout, it's not even related to computers lol, so mibi not
Here's my build if you fancy a peek; http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/104284-success-core-i7-3930k-asus-sabertooth-x79-16gb-ram-gtx680-dc2o-2gd5-dual-boot.html
(The ram's been upgraded though)

Cipher

terra-wrists
10th July 2015, 12:19 AM
That is one seriously sexy setup... very impressed.

A question Cipher, isn't the i7 4790k processor better than the i7 3930k?

Rest which I didn't mention is as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming5 G1
Processor fan: Zalman Shark Fin Blade GNPS10X optima Direct Touch Heatpipe
Power Supply: Zalman Goldrock ZM750-XG 750W
Bluray: Pioneer BDR-209DBK read & write
Oh and I forgot to mention the Ram is Ballistix by Crucial 8GB (got 4 of these)

I also have a MAC wired keyboard with numerical keypad like you lol.

I'm not too savvy on building computers to be fair, and got Andybob35 to help me understand all this malarky, which is still a bit like "what is that again?" for me, so I'm pleased you say its a decent setup :)

Also: SNAP :D my case is also white, looks like R2D2 disguised as a storm trooper :D

Total cost was around £1500 UK.

Also, sorry for offtopic guys... Cipher, you're right, a PC Setup thread would be interesting, and now you got me curious as to what Hellfire has :)

Cipher
10th July 2015, 01:20 AM
They're pretty evenly matched up and your single core performance is definitely much better, 4GHz vs 3.2 on mine, but having 6 cores reduces power consumption and heat generation quite a bit, that as well as having a way better multithreaded performance (obviously, 4 vs 6 cores), but also a big difference is the L1, L2 and L3 cache sizes, (basically CPU memory (to minimise I/O with SDRAM), the bigger it is, the more can be stored and accessed faster)

And, when turbo boosted, my hexa jumps to 3.9GHz, so it's no so far off, however, when you go turbo boost, it jumps to 4.4 (max), which if you compare, is an increase of 400MHz for you, and a 700Mhz for me, that's a difference of 300Mhz.. times 6 8D

It's much pricier though, there was another upgrade for mine, the i3930x (which has another boost to L3 cache size), but the price doubled lol
Not only that, but mine doesn't have integrated graphics (it relies on graphics card, without it, you have a brick), whereas yours does, but personally i prefer it like this, GPUs tend to get warm and as i mentioned in that build, i prefer running my system coooooool
And finally, mine's a bit of an odd socket (LGA2011), yours is more compatible, but the socket it has happened to perfectly match the mobo i needed/wanted (which now even has an upgrade, deluxe edition, which i kinda want xD)

My setup is hackingtosh (Running Mac OSX on a non-Macintosh Computer) compatible though, something that's not so easily done :p (Which was the main criteria when choosing my parts)

And mmmmmmmmmm-mm! I love my case, pure design pickings! Haha! Been wanting to create my own case nowadays though, but what i have in mind isn't cheap, so no go :p (Wipeout themed lol)

You never mentioned your GFX Card ram though (i hope you went with 2GB or more?)
Oh and that's a great cooler pick ;)

Charlie posted a pick of his setup not too long ago.... somewhere....

Cipher

ps we should totally stop being off topic in here lol, it's escalating quickly XD *stores away geek glasses he doesn't have*
pps i had a déjÃ* vue writing this
ppps and a déjÃ* vue of the déjÃ* vue lol
pppps would love to see pics of your build :p (but shoot a PM before the mods or charlie hang us by our computer cable cords LOL)
ppppps i should totally go to sleep as well
pppppps this is a long list of post scriptum, i wonder if it's still sensible :p

stinkleroy
10th July 2015, 05:15 PM
Just ignored all that PC stuff, sorry guys :p

I be around for the night, from 8pm this week, hope to see some people there :)