PDA

View Full Version : HD Online Meetings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

LOUDandPROUD
2nd May 2009, 11:03 PM
Haha remember the other day I was telling you about Liquidmodrin?

LOL...I just ran into him this morning for the first time. He was hosting Rapier races and I recongnized his name from this thread, so I jumped in. Beat him by 4 seconds on Metropia in my first race...promptly got a message from him saying something like, "****ing Icaras noobie racers...you can only win by using weapons and never by skill". I was laughing so hard, as I've always considered Icaras to be an advanced player's ship (low shield, average thrust and handling), not to mention he was piloting Assegai and hit me with mines, rockets and a quake in the next race...LOL. Anyway, I just ignored the message. After a few more races I got a couple of random messages from him complaining about some other pilot and he also let me know he was leaving that room and setting up a new one and to join in. So, I replied back with "Lol" and "ok" and stuff then asked him what was up with his rude comments earlier, to which he basically chuckled and said he was just messing around trying to get a rise out of me after I won...the whole intimidation factor...and we both laughed it off. He's no Chiryu007 after all... :lol

Vartazian
2nd May 2009, 11:13 PM
Next time You see him, Tell him Vartazian the "MooseFu**er" says hi!

ever thought he was trying to save face?

LOUDandPROUD
2nd May 2009, 11:44 PM
Maybe, but I don't care...this is online videogaming anyway, not real life.

Vartazian
2nd May 2009, 11:47 PM
He seemed to take "videogaming" quite seriously.

Oh well maybe we just got off on the wrong foot.I even tried being nice after his little splurge of hate.

JaceMc
3rd May 2009, 05:45 AM
Just Had some Phenominal Races with Silverfox, Oolproo and JaceMC.

Lol, probably be the last one you and I ever have. I don't think I can take much more 15 second losses :(

blackwiggle
3rd May 2009, 11:33 PM
I was playing yesterday ,Chenghou reverse and djKyoto is in the field.

Anyway I get out in front and pretty much stay there for the whole race,but I'm seeing all this "Contender eliminated" alerts coming up really frequently,a lot more than you would normally see,I thought maybe the Taliban had set up road side bombs,it was carnage.

The race ends and I'm looking at the podium and the badges.

All explained - djKyoto-Plazmafier badge ,I couldn't stop laughing.:lol

KIGO1987
5th May 2009, 08:45 PM
Was online a few hours back. Saw Kanar in a room, JJ was in there too. Had some good races, then Saturn, Stink, and TarotCardKiller joined the room, then the room went off. Everybody in the Wipeout community then joined in. Really unexpected. ****ing great races guys. Sorry for the other guys PSN inboxs ive spammed, i want to get people into the chatbox and to get into the spirit of things.

But damn! It was an unofficial Avalon event so to speak, huge, great races guys. I love these random off beat get togethers, there is no stress from representing your country or a team, its just you representing yourself and some great fun races:D. Thats what online racing should be all about. Later:g

SaturnReturn
5th May 2009, 10:57 PM
It was a lot of fun tonight. I was amazed by the amount of zoners logged on. Good races all round. Was good to see Greenix back on the tracks too.

Darkdrium777
6th May 2009, 12:22 AM
****ING THING SUCKS!

The game froze again.
****ing look back bug.
Why does it always have to happen when I'm enjoying the game the most!!!??? I swear, it will never happen when there's lag you can cut through with a knife, but when everything's perfect, (#@$&^!@#$ ARGH!
Coming up on the last lap on Metropia forward, I'm 3.4 seconds behind AK-Furtif, I've finally gotten rid of Connavar and I'm in second place, so I looked back to see where Connavar was, go down on the magstrip, switch to front view, freeze before the speed pads before the loop back to horizontal level!!! OMFG! WTH this is so annoying and frustrating :(

Good games with AK-Furtif, Connavar, Wotan, JJohn, T-Rex, Infinity, Divide... Very spectacular action all around, and thanks for the bling brigade help earlier as well.

Mass Effect time now. :( Gotta shoot some geth to vent the frustration!

kanar
6th May 2009, 06:21 AM
thx for the races guys & Cat last night, sorry if I didn't stay for long, wanted to save energy for today & 1.40 lol. Really appreciated to chat & race wth you. Would be awesome if the freezes & glitches will be cleared in wipeout & transfered into real life. I could have more time to play. Feel depressed sometimes to see how much time I'm obliged to spend doing boring/nonsense stuffs, instead of...

blackwiggle
6th May 2009, 10:44 AM
I've notice that Avalon type races are becoming rather popular amongst none zoners.

I have to give SL a pat on the back for one part of the 1.30 patch,and that's the ability to see who is racing online.
Before where the races started it looked like there was nobody online as the race disappeared from the lobby board once it started.now there seems to be a lot more zoners meeting up which is brilliant,and a lot more people online which is also a great thing.

The biggest problem atm is having pilot assist left on [If you turn it off a lot of people won't join or if they do they leave after half a lap] and having pilots that are not used to Phantom speed "Pinballing" around the track [and into you,causing craft damage]

Of course we can turn it off once we have a basically full field of zoners,then it's "ON" racing wise,and I'm loving that,some really tough racing against the best.
I honestly think it has made me a better pilot over the last month playing online so much against other zoners,I went back and did all the cells in Meltdown Campaign against Elite AI and it was a doddle compared to racing some of the pilots here.:lol

eLhabib
6th May 2009, 01:32 PM
Granted, having Pilot Assist turned off makes many people shy away, but I still always turn it off - those people using it wouldn't be fun to race against anyway. I'd much rather have a 1on1 with a skilled pilot than 7 PA-users to lap :P

silverfoxy
6th May 2009, 03:40 PM
Some top quality racing this afternoon with Peh Hok, Blackwiggle, Designer79, HN9354, Chaos, FGDK and many others whose names escape me.

Far too busy trying to survive in the Warzones that were out there.

Also some good fun no weapons races.

Cheers guys, being out of work seems so much better when having mad races (do you think Studio Liverpool need some test pilots :lol)

Vartazian
6th May 2009, 11:54 PM
Amazing Races with Wotan, Darkdrium, OBH (First time ever!), Mister Mateo, Redscar, LoudandProud, and Feisar31. Sorry if I forgot anyone! Those were really intense!!!

I almost forgot TheFrostE..... Man He wouldnt stop ighting me up either!

TheFrostE
7th May 2009, 12:41 AM
good races today and still going guys. i wont list names because its not fair for ppl i forget, but you all know who you are ! :D

LOUDandPROUD
7th May 2009, 02:25 AM
Yah, that was quite a room of Zoners tonight...awesome stuff...and no glitches! :)

designer_79
7th May 2009, 03:13 AM
I really think patch 1.40 is doing a great job, no glitches at all in the yesterday races. Big thank you to the guys from SL! Online racing is much better now, and i even thought weapon balance is getting better too. Despite Rockets being still a tad too strong IMHO.

Anyone else quite enjoying 7 lap races? It seems it was part of the fun yesterday, cause there is more potential for changes in position. I make it a standard if hosting the game , 5 laps in Phantom already feels to short. Thanks to this awesome community anyway, you guys make for the best gaming experience i ever had.

mic-dk
7th May 2009, 05:11 AM
A special shout out to Kanar for a certain Ubermall(R) race. Demolition Derby FTW ;)

Thanks to all the guys and girls I raced yesterday. Quality racers all around. I was really rusty when I first logged on, but at the end of the evening my Assegai was shining a bright metal gleam. but why did you have to polish it with rockets...? ;)

kanar
7th May 2009, 07:23 AM
A special shout out to Kanar for a certain Ubermall(R) race. Demolition Derby FTW ;)

ah ah true. Cambodia will rule forever now. Thanks for the races guys & girls.

OBH
7th May 2009, 12:54 PM
Amazing Races with Wotan, Darkdrium, OBH (First time ever!), Mister Mateo, Redscar, LoudandProud, and Feisar31. Sorry if I forgot anyone! Those were really intense!!!

I almost forgot TheFrostE..... Man He wouldnt stop ighting me up either!

Pleasure! :D As was racing everyone else I did yesterday, was on fire early on, then Darkdrium777 was on fiiiirreee late in the day!!

Next time though I hope its just me playing :) my little bro was determined to be mirage so everyone i was racing though i was sh!te! :blarg

Rubix42
7th May 2009, 02:13 PM
Good races with Blackwiggle last night (US time) and a couple other people. Seemed like we were beating each other by some wide margins, but the first couple of laps in each course were grand fun jockeying for position.

IH8YOU
8th May 2009, 04:19 AM
IDReaper gets my seal of approval - great racing across the board. :+

IDReaper
8th May 2009, 01:03 PM
Yay I race with IH8YOU for the first time last night, awesome close races there. There was also that, um, CoatlKetzal I think it was? He was pretty good too. IH8YOU I'm actually not used to being up that late, lol DWI for me. I tend to race more around GMT eastern 6:30-8:00, probably will be on again today.

IH8YOU
8th May 2009, 03:59 PM
Impressed that you held up in Phantom, but also in Flash and Rapier too! Great across the board! Hope to see ya soon.

boo4ever
13th May 2009, 10:25 PM
I hosted several races yesterday that started out with just Feisar31 and myself but quickly became a great room. Quick shout out to Feisar31, Greenix, Sukkermund, Darkfaerytales, Andybob35, XBARNSTERX, fgdk, and others I have probably forgotten (sorry). It was great to share the tracks with such exceptional pilots.

boo4ever

silverfoxy
16th May 2009, 11:00 PM
Had some excellent races tonight.

Must give a big thanks to Tarquin, Asayyeah, Caller77, Emwu23, Infinity, BigiPl and Thorinx.

Can't really thank them for all the weapons they sent my way but its all in the game as they say.

I would love to play some more but my thumb is absolutely killing me and I need it in reasonable working order for the qualifying tomorrow night.

Cheers for the races anyway guys, see you on the tracks again soon. :+

Mad-Ice
17th May 2009, 09:43 AM
Yesterday night I had some great fights with Vartazian, who put up some great races. Later on I could not join the rooms of Caller77 and also I wasn't able to join EMWU23. Too bad. When I became host: I had really intense fights with Ericd7m, SaturnReturn, Asayyeah and TheFrosty. Thanks mates you are very fast and fun to race with. TarotCardKiller could not join me, I hope you will next time.

See you all on the tracks, greetz Mad-Ice

TheFrostE
17th May 2009, 07:48 PM
awsome races mad ice and the rest of the gang, and some good races today with saturn, stinkleroy, fiesar, olouk and ziro. bbl wipers

Mad-Ice
17th May 2009, 08:41 PM
Oh yes it was fun again! Thanks guys.

yeldar2097
18th May 2009, 12:51 PM
had some awesome races this sunday with the usual crew, had some awesome runs as well. :happyyeldar

i also ran into the famous "judus", his pace worries me, especially considering he hasn't played since before 1.3 o_O

great stuff :D

eLhabib
19th May 2009, 11:49 PM
Aaaah, good races tonight!
Thanks to everyone involved - you know who you are! ;)

lunar
20th May 2009, 08:19 AM
After I haven`t been online for a while I always forget how fast you have to be and that lazy piloting is not an option! But thanks from me to all the awesome racers I met in "el`s coffee lounge." Apart from the fact that there wasn`t actually any coffee our host did a perfect job too, see you there again soon. :)

eLhabib
20th May 2009, 10:21 AM
Oh I had coffee :P

stinkleroy
20th May 2009, 10:52 AM
Haha yeah great races from the coffee lounge troop last night..nice to finally meet El online too. Good stuff :D

TarquinFarqhuar
20th May 2009, 12:24 PM
Fantastic racing last night, even tho i was FLyingHigher than usual... :dizzy

eLhabib
20th May 2009, 02:06 PM
The pleasure has been all mine, Cat ;) And you're really fast as well!

TheFrostE
21st May 2009, 02:31 AM
awsome tournament with motor tonight!

Asayyeah
21st May 2009, 02:59 PM
last night was absolutely great : we had some intense tournaments hosted by Spartiate ( a fellow fast frenchy) and Lunar (what a looong time i raced you my dear friend) futuring WZ pilots like MAdIce, Amorbis, Soccermum, Tarquin, Z1 and many others.
I also had the surprise to see Skippou racing phantom speed : i met him in my appartment 5 years ago ( the early beginning of the mini-convention :) ) with Anthony and Vic Cachou.

lunar
21st May 2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks Arnaud it was great to race you again too and it was brilliant to see you pop up in my lobby when I wasn`t expecting many takers for my tournament! But it soon became quite exciting indeed :eek With 7 fast players on the track it was merciless and very tight for room, and I couldn`t get my head in the race mostly, but I have to say the chat rooms make online HD great and very much like Kai. :rock

Thanks to everyone I raced yesterday, great to race Mad-Ice again also, and Kigo it`s time for you to move to Europe I think - less heat and less lag, you know it makes sense ;)

LOUDandPROUD
25th May 2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks to Mad Ice, kgb, Zoth, Nadia, Constrictor and anyone I may have forgotten for some awesome races today. After my poor showing during Avalon weekend, I was finally feeling a bit more like myself out there today and was able to offer up some real competition to you speed demons. :)

KIGO1987
25th May 2009, 11:03 PM
and Kigo it`s time for you to move to Europe I think - less heat and less lag, you know it makes sense ;)

Yes. No:o, i mean **** yeah!!!!:hyper The only people that i know in my family that are living it at the moment, have moved to Europe, One in Zurich, the other in London. **** the Australian heat seriously i hate it with a passion, also the net in this city is utter crap, cant even get ADSL2+ in my area, complete ****ing bullshit. The only thing thats holding me back is completing this uni degree. Soon as im done im ****ing outter here;) Still havent seen snow before in my entire life yet. Be nice and pleasent weather over there. No cranky Kigo anymore:D

Zoth-Ommog
26th May 2009, 01:00 PM
Good stuff today with: Cerium, JJPAP, WzFro, Luxo, Jan709, + many other who i'm forgetting.. sorry. Grate racing and funny chatting, that was a well spent 3 hour session! Thanks a million and see you guys soon!

JJPAP
26th May 2009, 08:23 PM
A good evening in WO-land. Not too many wipers, but it doesn´t really matter when Kanar is around. Great fun. Thx to IH8YOU (I hate you! LOL), Phoenix437, Z1, Cheetah (very short, though - but when a lady steps on me twice, I leave the bar :lol) and others. See you all. Soon.

IH8YOU
26th May 2009, 11:53 PM
That room was a blast, had a lot of fun with you all.

And I swear, I didn't drop that many mines - I've got only 2 "miner" badges - and both of those came from that very room.

I didn't even remember dropping them - then again - with Kanar, and JJ inhaling my fumes, I was focused on getting away - damn the expense. :lol

LOUDandPROUD
28th May 2009, 01:12 AM
Wow, had the most intense session today. Got invited into a Rapier room completely full and with every pilot flying Icaras. Some great pilots in there, most of whom I'm friends with, including PEPEDA, Anderkovver, Kabuto, Morfeo, DividedXZero, and couple of others I can't remember. What a war zone! I don't recall being in a room like that before...multiple eliminations on lap one were common. Absolutely insane and super-competitive...often only 1-4 seconds separating all the pilots. Thanks to all involved for an awesome time!

TheFrostE
2nd June 2009, 03:35 AM
awsome races with eric, kanar, stink, and a bunch of others i cant even remember since i played all day lol. ill see everyone tommorow :D

stinkleroy
2nd June 2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah good races FrostE, was knackered and had to go to bed though...shame to leave Cambodia so early :lol

mdhay
2nd June 2009, 05:22 PM
Yes. No:o, i mean **** yeah!!!!:hyper The only people that i know in my family that are living it at the moment, have moved to Europe, One in Zurich, the other in London. **** the Australian heat seriously i hate it with a passion, also the net in this city is utter crap, cant even get ADSL2+ in my area, complete ****ing bullshit. The only thing thats holding me back is completing this uni degree. Soon as im done im ****ing outter here;) Still havent seen snow before in my entire life yet. Be nice and pleasent weather over there. No cranky Kigo anymore:D

Yeah!!!!

mic-dk
3rd June 2009, 05:24 AM
A quick thanks to K_Haruki, micmacdonald(?), Xtriko and Zoth-Ommog for great races yesterday. Unfortunately I had to bail early - work called :(

Great stuff!

(and you .jp guys better get a hold of Haruki - bloody fast!)

stin
6th June 2009, 06:56 AM
Looks like I decided to play today and I will start hooking up my ps3 now.
Just for time being!

stevie:)

Cerium
6th June 2009, 11:36 PM
Some good, brutal, races today with Mad-Ice, chaos80, JJohnEames, eric7d and a few others. "Cambodia" doesn't even begin to describe some of them, though. :D

Sadly, I had to ragequit during the first tourney. The wipeout gods were smiting me every race, and I was one respawn away from putting a dualshock through my TV.

TheFrostE
7th June 2009, 04:33 AM
big ups to everybody i raced today. especially IDreaper and REDALRT. we had some great 3 man races goin on and then me and reaper had some heated 1 on 1 for about an hour. great times guys, cya around.

IDReaper
7th June 2009, 02:11 PM
Hey FrostE that was some epic racing last night, I may have to switch over to Harimau when I race you for now. That Feisar absolutely slices those corners. I need to go ahead and add REDALRT too, we've played a number of good matches already as well.

stin
7th June 2009, 04:36 PM
Well, I had played HD for well over 8hrs of racing this weekend!:guitar
So many intense racing! and I did actually enjoyed my experience and I will keep play but I must concentrate on my golf!

Thank you guys for competing!:clap

stevie:beer

LOUDandPROUD
8th June 2009, 02:09 AM
Yah, that was good stuff, Stevie...first time I've ever had the pleasure of racing you, I believe. Hope to see you on the tracks again soon! :)

stin
8th June 2009, 06:18 AM
Heh!, thanks LoudandProud but last night, I was really drunk as a fart while playing on Rapier level! Did I ever won?:?

But nevermind, I had a rare time that weekend and maybe I will play tonight but depending how I feel!

stinkleroy
8th June 2009, 08:25 AM
Aaah that explains your ungentlemanly behaviour then Stevie...mines, rockets, mines, missile, quake :p
Boy you were firing everything you had at me last night haha...good races though and was nice to play rapier again, good change of pace :)

stinkleroy
8th June 2009, 09:55 PM
Had some good racing tonight, thanks to Chaos, AnErare, Danterich and his clone, FrostE, Graeble (nice to race with you for the first time) and some other peeps I've probably forgotten because I'm baked :D

TheFrostE
8th June 2009, 10:19 PM
baked...mmmm reminds me of brownies OMNOMNOM... good races today !

Mateo
15th June 2009, 10:35 PM
Great races today, special thanks to Mad-Ice and Alejess who went through all the 16 tracks twice with me.:clap Also thanks to rowan_psn, Greenix, tug_14, fluorescence, chboing and all the others who joined.

And again there were happening strange thinks on track. bhutata showed up again and believe it or not, he raced once (Anulpha Pass Reverse). Of course then he had to rest a few hours on track to regenerate after this enormous amount of effort. But I found out why he is doing this. Though you don't get loyalty points if you're not flying, your Online Rank definitely increases. I tried this after I reched Level 37 today. I entered a race and quitted, so I fell back to 36. Then the next race I kept staying at the starting line like bhutata and after the race I earned 0 loyalty points, but my Online Rank was 37 again. I think we should really complain about this guy, he blocked today again a spot for more than a hour.:mad:

Also a new phantom appeared. His name was AlienZico51fury (British flag) and he was flying an Assegai with a fresh PSN-Account. My theory is that he's z1r0rEi, though he tried to convince me that he's the real Zico.:g z1r0rEi went offline about 20-30 minutes before alienzico appeared, they're both British, he's already rank 50 and maybe bored + he loves conspiracy theories as we have seen this weekend. But thats just a conspiracy theory by myself, could also be anybody else, that's what we talked about (PSN Messages):

I: great name lol
Zico: it is me
I: for sure...
Zico: i am sure, testing, secret
I: lol
Zico: (:

Later another fresh British account MEINFURY (Harimau) entered, I guess this was Paul then...:g

blackwiggle
16th June 2009, 01:37 AM
If it was zico & Paul , then I suspect they were testing the fixes for HD that Paul Tweedle hinted at in the account fix thread, as well as FURY online.
They only just worked out what was causing the problem.

I have sneaking suspicion it has been some sort of conflict with the SL server/ HD online & the PSN messaging that has been causing the account problems and Vista pads,none BR's etc.
The reason I say that is that my messaging went down for a few days 2 weeks ago,but I could play online and it was like when HD first came out,no lag,fast,all pads working,BR's worked etc.
As soon as I got messaging working again online went back to having all the problems.
I posted this experience in the HD section before,then a few days later Paul posts that they finally found a fix.

I know that either Colin or Paul had told Elhabib that the account problems had been passed on to SCEE as SL couldn't find a permanent fix and they suspected a PSN problem.

Mad-Ice
16th June 2009, 05:18 AM
Ohh, yes what a great fights we had yesterday! Thanks for hosting and the fast and furious racing Mateo, Alejess, Greenix, rowan_psn, tug_14, fluorescence, chboing and all others.

I think we really should have a grid position system for the host because yesterday was really bad. For almost 1 hour I was put on start position 6,7 or 8 all the time. It sure makes up for good fighty races but no possible way to make any new personal bests.

yeldar2097
20th June 2009, 12:54 AM
haven't been online in a while but i'm having a great time trying to rekindle my wiping skills etc... great room at the moment with barnster, fabimus, akfurtif, evolite, LUNA, and of course z1. had some awesome races with klocki earlier as well.
great times all around, i'm getting ****ed up the arse by all sorts of weapons, BRs don't work, **** loads of lag, wrongs skins being put on my ships, random bastards quaking me aways from new records, vista pads, xp pads, no pads, it's like i never left :D it's good to be back!

edit: IDReaper just arrived! :D

IDReaper
20th June 2009, 01:29 AM
Lool yeah I just got a disconnect :| I swear I was determined to win that metropia reverse and just before the finish...:frown: Lol back in spectating tho.

IDReaper
22nd June 2009, 05:09 PM
Woah, 12GMT Eastern time and I've run across some powerful players. Just had a few games in a room with z1r0rEi, imre92, Elois-13(How do you make Triakis get 1:47 on Ubermall:o ), Evolite and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head sry:frown: Incredibly intense racing though I'm glad I joined in. I loved the high brutaity level:twisted

stinkleroy
22nd June 2009, 09:47 PM
Some good times had tonight in the rapier division....makes a change, was still quite Cambodia though :lol

Thx to Sat and Wowo (for the chat), fgdk, Mjolnir74, Mus, LUNA_bgd, INFINITY_1, Constrictor4U, and my new friend EsoXLucius75

Happy days :)

SaturnReturn
22nd June 2009, 10:08 PM
I knew this thread still existed. Couldn't find it earlier. Those were very fun rapier races. Thanks Cat for hosting. I probably wouldn't have had fun playing WipEout tonight if it weren't for you.

Off Topic: Also had fun with z1r0rEi just now on Bomberman Ultra, despite that fact that I sucked big time.

stinkleroy
22nd June 2009, 10:13 PM
Aw I'm touched Sat :redface: :lol

JJohnEames
23rd June 2009, 07:02 PM
Just had some great 20 lap races with chaos 80, andybob , zeroray, gtp, luxoflux and Evolite (!) Who i havnt raced in ages. It was good to see he hadn't lost any of his skill ;)

Luxoflux
24th June 2009, 06:13 PM
Aha, so this thread is now in the pilots lounge. Oooowkaaaay. Well anyway, today has opened my eyes. I suck in HD compared to the likes off Elois :( He has set about 4 would be avalon records this week, and that were only the races i joined him. ;) Seriously this guy is to fast :) And lets not forget eric. I thought i was fast with a 1.45.80 no weapon race time on sol2 reverse, but 2 races later he was even faster then that. Anyway, i had loads of fun racing you guys today.

Also raced IDreaper for th first time today. Nice racing :)

LOUDandPROUD
27th June 2009, 02:26 AM
Had a bunch of awesome races tonight with LUNA and DeepMix in a mostly full room...the three of us just kept flip-flopping between 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the podium...great racing, you two! :+

Rapier Racer
30th June 2009, 04:30 PM
Just went for a game online to find the PSN is OFF for maintenance.

If anyone from Sony is watching I'd like to applaud you on your timing, I mean, who wants to sit down to an online game of whatever at 5.30pm eh?

KIGO1987
1st July 2009, 12:07 AM
That explains why i couldnt access the PSN Store or access Account Management on my PSP last night. Yes there times are always the best isnt it;)

kanar
1st July 2009, 07:04 AM
Dear Stinkleroy,

Thanks for the races last night. I was terrible, wasn't supposed to join cos' I was dead, but that was the last time I could see your blue AG-SYS before your moving. I hope you'll get back a connection real soon. I need my super double league team mate!! Oh ****. I miss you already. PLEASE COME BACK SOON!

Thanks to all the zoners I raced briefly too, Sat, Z1 (happy b-day again, and funny, we have the same age), Evolite, chaos, wotan, TreAtzTMA, LOUDandPROUD, machiasu... sorry for the pilots I forgot... damn there was a lot of aces, I need more practice for this we!

AmigoJack
1st July 2009, 04:16 PM
Yes there times are always the best isnt it;)Since a lot of timezones worldwide are affected they'll never hit the right time :p While people may sleep in Europe pilots in the US are in the peak of their gaming... :D

Rapier Racer
1st July 2009, 06:59 PM
I didn't think they'd carry out maintenance world wide at the same time. Its not like they can do anything else world wide like say, releasing their console ;)

Lance
1st July 2009, 07:04 PM
lol. Exactly!

guillaume
7th July 2009, 12:02 PM
Nice session today with G'Kyl, Wotan, Yeldar, Rapier_Racer and breadhead.
Too bad the PS3 froze on me when I had the time for two more races...
Rapier, you do know how to use your weapons!
Thanks guys!

Rapier Racer
8th July 2009, 08:59 PM
Aww shucks cheers mate lol a little somethin I brought over from Pure :banzai

IH8YOU
8th July 2009, 09:10 PM
Experienced one of the most brutal low-speed rooms I've ever hosted.

Cambodia would be understatement of the year - and this all occurred in Venom and Flash!

Props to:
texasalex - let the rest of us win once in a while, bud. ;)
e-nite - wish your system didn't freeze up on ya - kickin butt b4 u left.
Jigabachi03 - never see you before, but won't forget you now.
slayer34 - nothing needed to be said - good racing all around.
CHEE5E2EE - fought the longest - felt some of my pain. :lol
TwinBandit - good racing
Tailsman77 - way to hang in a tough room.
astragale - very fast and good racing... until they left their PS3 on and went for a nap or something. ?

yeldar2097
8th July 2009, 11:12 PM
ooh i raced some of those guys today
sub-phantom classes ftw! pity i didn't see you IH8YOU...

IH8YOU
9th July 2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah Yeldar, wish you joined - it was epic carnage..... In slow motion. :lol

To each who say slower classes require no skill - I challenge you just to SURVIVE one of those races. It was fun. :)

IH8YOU
9th July 2009, 06:04 AM
Classic case of be careful what you wish for.

Yeldar joined - my thumb bleeds.

Need I go on? :cold

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 06:19 PM
The amount of Baguette Munchers in the room tonight was incrediable, that many online in one room i could smell the rank cheese from all the way in Australia. Good to get a couple of wins last night. I think im going to enjoy some Red Bull now:)

IH8YOU
14th July 2009, 03:36 AM
You fought a bunch of Frenchies? Hell, forget the Red Bull, you deserve a hug and some Cocaine. :lol

KIGO1987
14th July 2009, 02:04 PM
Yes it was horrific, so many foreign languages in one room, i didnt know what to do,

Asayyeah
15th July 2009, 03:26 PM
i didn't know what to do ? : just die in silence :g ( damn , i bet his ghost getting out from his deadly body will throw a loud F***)

KIGO1987
15th July 2009, 03:36 PM
My plasma hit you on Analpha Pass reverse earlier in one of those sessions didnt it Arnaud;)

Fuking pussy you guys are not to select neither forward or reverse of Moa Therma once.

Asayyeah
16th July 2009, 08:15 AM
cause it's the dullest track ever, simple as that ;)

KIGO1987
16th July 2009, 08:17 AM
i wouldnt go about saying that Asa, about a track that is in Sicily hey;)

eLhabib
16th July 2009, 09:08 AM
But it is the dullest track ever.

KIGO1987
16th July 2009, 09:33 AM
No that goes to that grey depressing track called Analpha Pass. Moa is in paradise, have a look for yourselves:)

Asayyeah
16th July 2009, 10:10 AM
Paradise for lazzy people :lol

KIGO1987
16th July 2009, 10:55 AM
So Le Havre isnt paradise asa? :lol

Rapier Racer
16th July 2009, 11:22 AM
Basilico is the dullest track ever. I hope it dies with Pulse and never returns.

KIGO1987
16th July 2009, 11:39 AM
Basilico Black, i agree. Nova Scotia must'nt be paradise then. But most Pulse tracks are pretty sweet, they all have great flow, thats whats makes a good Wipeout track.

Asayyeah
16th July 2009, 12:08 PM
So Le Havre isnt paradise asa? :lol
Le Havre is more than an industrial area could be the true ancestor of Gare D'europa from 2097 imnshfo, we're far from the sunny-riviera coast where nothing happens really, glued desperatly to magstrip (+half of the track d'ooh), in a short word : boring

Geez not even broadband access for HD online here and derailing the thread from its source :o Let's stop this!

KIGO1987
16th July 2009, 12:28 PM
Gare D'europa from 2097 is my favorite any Pre Fusion track. Just loved it. and that final part of the track with the flying jump. Thats what the core of Wipeout reminds me of. Gare D'europa.

LOUDandPROUD
17th July 2009, 02:17 AM
Ended up in an amazing and unplanned Rapier room tonight with Stinkleroy, O_BR, BARTgai, IH8YOU, Motorsagmannen & caller77. What carnage! Just great racing all around...and we even had a chat room going, so it was really a lot of fun. Thanks to all for such a great time! Need to do it again soon! :)

KIGO1987
17th July 2009, 08:07 AM
Stinkleroy's got net again, when did she get net again? i thought i saw her online last time i was logged into the PSN.

sny
17th July 2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the matches today, Elois-13 and stinkleroy, I had loads of fun trying to catch a glimpse of your ships in the distance and not get consumed by the angry mob behind me. :D

stinkleroy
17th July 2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah those were some crazy races! Good fun though :)

stinkleroy
18th July 2009, 12:06 AM
Oh such a fun time tonight, thanks to TCK for hosting, I had a blast in more ways than one ;)

ericd7
18th July 2009, 12:13 AM
i can't connect anymore :(
Thx that was great session toonight :)

xtriko
18th July 2009, 01:30 PM
Just made the tournament of my life... YouAreFubar... YOU ROCK! It was so intense! it finished almost 10min ago and my hands are still shaking! me and fubar, 8 races, 1 point between us! It was like an eliminator game! Wipeout Zone won the tournament :D 1st and 2nd place!

YouAreFubar
18th July 2009, 03:41 PM
:lol To be fair, that was intense and awesome fun! I havent raced a tournament in ages because people were in a habit of leaving as the tournament went, so I just end up sticking to single races. I was top of the leaderboard from about race 4 or 5 up until the last race but there was only 1 point between us. We were neck and neck on Sol 2 continuously taking over each other for about the first couple of laps until someone in third shot me and then it was all over. I still came second but my winning streak was taken at the last minute! Xtriko, that was good racing dude and I look forward to seeing you on the track again sometime!

sny
19th July 2009, 06:43 PM
Hey razor_sharp84, that was some wicked fun racing we just did on all 16 tracks, swapping 1st and 2nd places almost after every event... I had a blast! (mostly from your missles :lol) What on earth happened on CP reverse and Sol 2 reverse tho? it was just miliseconds separating us on all other tracks. :o

Hope to race you again soon!

Aeroracer
19th July 2009, 09:53 PM
Nice games today luna..apart from sol reverse when i didnt even get to finish the race..

Ps i was ok about the rocket.I had it coming:hyper:hyper

Rubix42
20th July 2009, 05:09 PM
Good games to all I played over the weekend. I'm out of practice and coming about 6 or 7 seconds behind the leader on most courses right now, but I'm getting back into form and will be challenging people soon I hope.

mic-dk
21st July 2009, 08:00 PM
A lot of familiar faces on tonight - checking out version 2.0.

Thanks to all I raced. All though I didn't put up much of a fight I had a lot of fun!

(RobCoxy, that quake on Metropia was awesome :) )

OBH
21st July 2009, 08:23 PM
Friday evening ill be borrowing a ps3 through till sunday.

Been ages, cant wait :)

sny
21st July 2009, 08:31 PM
I had all sorts of trouble trying to test the new patch tonight. :( First it was colleagues from work constantly ringing me for advice while I was trying to win races... I had to sit out two races until lap 4, watching in shock as ships passing me by had a rocket or missile waiting for me standing in the starting grid after every lap.

Then I had a race where I finally got in a game with one of my Goteki 45 idols, Hellfire_WZ, and was hot on his heels until like the third hairpin on Sebenco, when he inserted a masterfully place bomb right into my ship's nostrils, and all hell broke loose... literally everyone who passed me by had some sort of a weapon to stick into my poor ship, so I was at 3% shield like 10 seconds into the lap. :robot

Needless to say, whenever I caught up with the next to last ship, he had a missile or a rocket just waiting for me, so I ended up being eliminated twice and not seeing Charlie for the rest of the race. :( Oh well, another time perhaps. :D

And lastly, my Wi-Fi router just died on me, just as I was about to get back into shape after being blown to bits in the biggest Cambodias I've seen so far. I was like "ARGH! Not now, I was gonna have my revenge! :evil ".

Oh well, gotta hit the hay, but I'll give this new patch a proper testing tomorrow before I can call myself ready for Fury on Thursday. Hope to race you again, Hellfire_WZ and OlOuk, you guys were great!

Rubix42
24th July 2009, 01:59 PM
Good games to those I raced last night. Vartazian, DividedX and others. Man you guys got fast on these new tracks quick!

I'm going to be playing more again, still not back up to speed myself though, I was losing to those 2 by about 4-5 seconds or more on some of the tracks. had a blast though.

leungbok
24th July 2009, 02:14 PM
Cool races on the fury's tracks yesterday and today with Asa, Kaori, El habib, Expitarius, Amorbis, Dj kyoto, Luxoflux, Danterich, Reach big 7, Rapier Racer, Lunar and i forgot the others sorry ^^ Didn't notice any bug like vista pads etc. :D

djKyoto
24th July 2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah, cheers for my first Fury races on Phantom speed eL / Leungbok / Reach Big 7.

It's hard. I was all over the place, haha. :coffee

Don't use a boost on Modesto Heights... I went to the heavens, haha.

IxDELTAxI
24th July 2009, 03:27 PM
I will be online today so if you want to race me just add me on psn.

Rubix42
24th July 2009, 04:42 PM
Don't use a boost on Modesto Heights... I went to the heavens, haha.

The straight around the finish is a great spot to boost, hit it right as you come out of the turn into the flat.

Or, if you feel cocky, heading into the chicane you can boost off one of the rolls and clear the whole mess in one straight shot.

The Boye
25th July 2009, 11:30 AM
I'll be caning this to get my phantom groove back on.

Add me do for any online shitniz.

IDReaper
26th July 2009, 01:43 PM
Um, lets see, I remember Coatlketzal, Vartizian,(owned me in zone battle, I can't dodge a barrier for my life) REDALRT, Rubix24 and that's about all I can remember sry if I missed anyone. Good Amphiseum race ;)

Rubix42
27th July 2009, 02:53 PM
Good games to all I played over the weekend.

And yes IDReaper, you sure did give me a good run on Amphiseum. I've always been poor on that course since I first started playing Pulse. The long spirals with shifting amounts of curve give me fits. I certainly need to practice more.

Although, the race after you left, I was a full 5/6 seconds faster than when I was racing you, I think it had something to do with the distinct lack of mines and bombs on the course.

IDReaper
27th July 2009, 04:19 PM
Haha yeah I got bombs, mines, and turbo like the entire race xD. Luck of the draw yay! Oh yeah I only find the glass turn hard on Amphiseum reverse, it's one of those wierd Sol 2 turns. It's like, turn harder-turn less-turn more all in the same curve.

Rubix42
27th July 2009, 04:47 PM
For sure, when you use d-pad like I do, it makes it really tough to nail consistently.

I did some SL using the stick yesterday on that course and while I prefer the d-pad, being able to smoothly navigate those turns made me think I might need to learn some new tricks.

As Heaven Is Wide
28th July 2009, 04:42 PM
Just had a few eye-watering zone battle races with JFthebestJan and ProblemSolver. I was a pinball by the end of that target 55 Modesto heights race. Was incredible fun :+

djKyoto
29th July 2009, 12:36 PM
Cheers for the help earlier Kingheim / LUNA / Sequent_Blender. :rock

Avenger2197
30th July 2009, 12:58 PM
I haven't raced in a while online, but had good session with Motorsagmannen, and Darkfaerytales yesterday. Thanks gents:beer

Thank you to anyone else I raced but can't remember as of now. :)

Edit: I remember now(somewhat), Crob thanks for the eliminator run we had. That was great fun.:)

Harrye
1st August 2009, 04:19 PM
anyone up for a race on later on? i wanna find some active racers so ive actually got some mates to play online :v

my psn's Ebbleman, add me if your up for one !

TarotCardKiller
3rd August 2009, 10:50 AM
A few zoners and I had an evening worth mentioning yesterday. It was wasn't a Wipeout session but AnErare, Chaos80, Luxoflux, Stinkleroy, Yeldar, Z1r0rEi, and me played Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars. If you don't know about it, its a football/soccer game with supersonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars. You can either do 1v1 or big teams. It was loads of fun =], even for beginners, and everyone seemed to catch on quick. If you haven't checked it out, I recommend you get the demo (you are able to play online with it). Its a nice change from wipeout once in a while. I'll try to upload a video to show you guys the action.

We should be doing this again soon. That game is awesome when played with zoners.

z1r0rEi
4th August 2009, 10:19 AM
Had some nice wipEoutHD races, with ye1dar, jjeames,& elios, i think i played chaos80,il put ur name down, anyway,its hard to find any phantom races since fury, anyway,thanks friends & yes, it was fun, tck, playing SupersonicBattlecars, with all wipeout zoners, it was a blast

Rubix42
4th August 2009, 01:15 PM
Had a bunch of great races with fellow zone pilots. Man, you guys are brutal. I could barely survive the first lap most of the time while we were all bunched up.

Glad I stuck it out for so long. I was quickly getting a bit more adept at dodging some of the weapons I was being barraged with. Although I want to say there was a race on Modesto heights, I was about 1.5 seconds in the lead after the first lap, then got passed by Vartazian or Darkdrium after a well placed rocket blast. At which point the other and a 3rd pilot passed me. They were going down the long downhill curve to the left (reverse course) and both of you dropped mines blocking the entire track, which I had boosted into trying to catch up. Only time in my life I went from 1st to 8th in a matter of about 6/7 seconds.

Vartazian
5th August 2009, 02:55 AM
Speaking of "blast" sessions Me, JJohnEames, TarotCardKiller, Yeldar, GTP-Roscarch, and Deepmix had a "Blast" with the Minefields and bombs everywhere.

Who ended up being top Roadsweeper? TCK?

Its was a Great time boys!

RAMstein!

Hellfire_WZ
17th August 2009, 11:52 AM
Good times last night with ProblemSolver, kingheim, Mad-Ice, Vartazian et al. Made me realise just how crap I am at the last corner on Tech De Ra ;)

Vartazian
17th August 2009, 11:55 AM
Twas a good session Hellfire! You guys definatly made that tournament a Extremley difficult win!

Plus you rocked my Face on Vineta K was it?

ProblemSolver
20th August 2009, 07:41 AM
Good times last night with ProblemSolver, kingheim, Mad-Ice, Vartazian et al. Made me realise just how crap I am at the last corner on Tech De Ra ;)
Yeah I remember that, I got you twice on the last corner. But I still have to learn a lot,
since I just recently started into non-ZONE racing. xD Currently I'm only competetive at
Tech De Ra and those tracks where I hold a record in ZONE, never touched the reverse
one. xD So you now know where to get me.

OBH
5th September 2009, 12:04 PM
Was great to race against some familiar faces for the first time in ages last night! great stuff.

Cheers to Mad-Ice, Assayeah, TCK, Sat, oolproo, rerealm (who is damn fast!), plus a few more i just cant remember! :g

Cheers guys, looking forward to next time!

yeldar2097
16th September 2009, 04:25 AM
Had a lovely session today with kigo, jasmin, obh, tck, oolproo, fabimus, senture, sabinslash, barnster and some others (sorry if i forgot you, i'm tired :P)

brilliant races :g

KIGO1987
16th September 2009, 02:57 PM
It was fun Yelder. Thanks for telling me to use Harimau. Im sticking with that ship now, christ its quick, i can pull more BRs on Sol2 now with it :D

It was a fun room going, but when the room went over half full, to entire full the lag kicked in on my side. And yes in the infamous Vista pads where back on my end:( Seems like when i have a good host in the room with a fast connection, lag is down on my end.

The chatroom we had going was pretty good though, lol there :D

OBH
18th September 2009, 07:26 PM
was that when i turned up late on? that was good times :)

yeldar2097
20th September 2009, 03:38 PM
yeah, when i beat you :g

swish 8)

OBH
21st September 2009, 03:07 PM
never playing late at night and half asleep ever again :g

yeldar2097
21st September 2009, 03:14 PM
well to your credit you were surprisingly good (different occasion) when it was around 03:00 and you were pissed as a rat :beer

I still won though :P

*runs, hides, covers eyes, thinks of better times* :lol

OBH
22nd September 2009, 10:14 AM
what do you mean "surprsiningly good"!!? :g cheeky fooker

yeldar2097
22nd September 2009, 10:32 AM
Well we all know you're very good but I'd say you're better (surprisingly good :P) when drunk.
see? I'm not cheeky :P

....I'm just...better :g

*runs away yet again*

IDReaper
22nd September 2009, 03:32 PM
Had a good couple of races with Yeldar, boo4ever and, um oh yeah i remember ZoNeS cause i plasma'd 'em =D. Lots of heated races, good stuff. My first online races in a while. Yay who needs practice. XP

eLhabib
22nd September 2009, 05:07 PM
This week marks the first time in over a month that I actually find some time to play some HD again - so if anyone out there is interested in kicking my rusty butt, get online and find me ;) Hope to meet some old friends on the track!

IH8YOU
22nd September 2009, 05:36 PM
I dont know who Zones is as thier name is fairly new to me. But they put up enough of a fight to make me suspect its a zoner incognito.

Next, my new ps3 is the polar opposite from the old one. The launch ps3 definatelly has something going wrong with its cpu / gpu. Suck part is no moar card reader / 100 foot bluetooth range on the new ps3s - but my god I can be competitive again. Gaz, keep your eyes peeled on those Phantom rooms, as i may return. ;)

yeldar2097
22nd September 2009, 06:36 PM
GREAT! I think you need to stop being Grandmaster Flash and become the Phantom Menace :P

btw does this mean the new PS3's are better or what?

@eL: Hopefully I'll be seeing you online :D

Zoth-Ommog
23rd September 2009, 08:26 AM
IH8YOU: Zones would be andybob ;)

KGB
23rd September 2009, 08:55 AM
This week marks the first time in over a month that I actually find some time to play some HD again - so if anyone out there is interested in kicking my rusty butt, get online and find me ;) Hope to meet some old friends on the track!

It was nice to race you again eL, that was a good game last night with a room full of very fast plots. Amorbis is such a tart with those weapons though. :)

Vartazian
23rd September 2009, 09:15 AM
I had fun blowing Spec_r_99 and JJohn, Problemsolver and my apsolute all time favorite person to kill... Coatlketzal today on the track. Good racing had by all.. seemed like a very high quake zoen though...

KIGO1987
23rd September 2009, 09:18 AM
IH8YOU: Zones would be andybob ;)

andybob, been smashing the records recently, don't think the French will be too happy about this, especially Pacman.

ProblemSolver
23rd September 2009, 09:33 AM
Pretty pointless to race with Vartazian on Modesto. xD Good races mate. :+

JJohnEames
23rd September 2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah those races last night were fun. I dont how many times vart killed me last night but it was a hell of ALOT. Had a good time good though. I stayed playing right up till 5.30 a.m. I needed my fix. :p

eLhabib
24th September 2009, 07:44 PM
Big thanks to the guys racing with me tonight - was a lot of fun, hope you didn't mind the lack of weaponry ;) but I need to concentrate on the pure racing for now. See y'all soon!

yeldar2097
24th September 2009, 11:11 PM
Weapons off are fine by me :P

I'd forgotten how difficult it is to pass your FAT ASS ship :lol

KIGO1987
25th September 2009, 06:42 AM
Good news, i might be looking after this house in a few days:) Good large tellie and the neighbours have fast wireless ADSL2+ that i can jump onto:) Might be able to have some lagless races in a few days.

eLhabib
25th September 2009, 09:35 AM
I'd forgotten how difficult it is to pass your FAT ASS ship :lol

Nevertheless you did a magnificent job zooming past me without a scrape :) You must be one of the cleanest racers in the game, not a single orange scratch on my ship :+

yeldar2097
25th September 2009, 02:34 PM
I don't play dirty, I'm a friendly racer :D Unless you quake me in which case i will hunt you down and take you out, ninja style

:)

Had a great session last night (playing BF1943) with Luxoflux, TCK, pacman, and z1r0rei. Was orsum. We won :P

OBH
25th September 2009, 07:05 PM
You were having a bf fest!!! I want in!
Though it would have to be bf2, god bless bf2 days :)

edit:
on a side note, 8.15pm now, with a bit of luck ill be online a little later. tomorrow morning at the latest for a WC warmup :)

stin
6th December 2009, 06:54 PM
I was having problems with my stupid BT connections, I`m sorry about that!:(

But, I did enjoyed it for a while! ;)

Hellfire_WZ
8th December 2009, 06:39 PM
Guys, I feel I need to apologise to a few of you. I've been quitting a lot of races recently and it does look like excessive rage quitting. Truth is my controls have been unbearably erratic lately for some inexplicable reason. The sensitivity of the controls sometimes feels like it's changing during the race, and in the worst cases the steering is locking. It only occurs during online play so I can only assume it's due to my connection. It's happening very often and as you can imagine it is really f*cking me right off.

I'll be moving in a couple of months and so hopefully I won't be sharing my internet connection with every other constant-porn-downloading clungepipe in this area. I will try and play as much as I can, but just making you aware that if I do drop randomly, this is most likely to be the reason :(

eLhabib
8th December 2009, 07:13 PM
I know what you're talking about - currently having problems with my provider as well, and there are some odd things going on with the handling here and there. I'm sure it will all be gone when the internet's fixed - hope you find your way to a more stable connection as well :)

yeldar2097
8th December 2009, 09:27 PM
So it's more a question of connection stability not connection speed? Interesting.

Good thing my internet speed seems to be nice and stable :D

Bit weird though cos I'm pretty sure both of you (eL&Hell) have massively faster connections than most of us (or me at least).

Are you guys using the same phone line as other internet-using devices or are you using dedicated phone lines?

eLhabib
8th December 2009, 10:36 PM
Right now, I have a really slow connection, because I need to save some money since I moved apartment. I only have 8Mbit down (as opposed to 30Mbit before) and only 0.4Mbit up!!! (as opposed to 3Mbit up before!) - so I thought there's no way I can play wipEout online at the moment. But, it seems, these slow speeds are absolutely enough for comfort, as I've had absolutely smooth, lag-free races in the last couple of days. Only problem is that my wi-fi is very unstable sometimes (don't know why), so there are days when my PS3 won't even connect, I get a DNS error, or I get weird handling and heavy lag in races.
So it's definitely not about the connection speed (which means SL did indeed pull off a mighty good netcode), it's about the consistency of the data packets, and the ping, of course.

yeldar2097
8th December 2009, 10:51 PM
Ooh clever, now I understand :)

BUT: "I only have 8Mbit down"

Only?!?! I get MAXimum 100Kbit down speed. Not sure about my upload speed but it takes about 40mins to get a 40Mb file onto youtube :P

Only 8Mbit...pah!

:lol

eLhabib
9th December 2009, 08:32 AM
100Kbit? That's highly unlikely in this day and age - have you tested your connection here (http://speedtest.net/)?

mic-dk
9th December 2009, 10:11 AM
Yeldar probably meant to say KiloByte.

eLhabib
9th December 2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah I think so too, which would make it roughly 1Mbit - not fast, but good enough for online play.

mic-dk
9th December 2009, 10:20 AM
Last sunday I wished both you and Yeldar were on a 100Kbit connection. Maybe that could slow you down a bit :D

(see, tying in the whole "who met who online" theme!)

yeldar2097
9th December 2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah I meant byte, I'm just lazy. Still sucks for downloading stuff though. Have to wait about 10 mins to watch a video on youtube. Interweb = fail

eLhabib
9th December 2009, 04:59 PM
Amazing then that you can play wipEout HD online without severe lag! I bet you don't have that smooth of an experience in other online games!

stin
9th December 2009, 05:07 PM
Martin, my connection is exactly the same as you plus three laptops and two online games but no lag!

stevie;)

eLhabib
9th December 2009, 06:42 PM
You have your own personal lag caused by Stella ;):beer
P.S.: would be good to race you again soon!

yeldar2097
9th December 2009, 06:44 PM
play wipEout HD online without severe lag!

Is that even possible? I think next time I go online for a session I will film every race - sometimes it's so bad that I get lag-spun 180 degrees at least once every 2 races. You will see :nod

Sometimes it's ok though, haven't found a correlation between this and any other factors yet though :)

eLhabib
9th December 2009, 06:47 PM
Ever thought about getting a faster internet connection then? ;)

KGB
9th December 2009, 07:03 PM
sometimes it's so bad that I get lag-spun 18- degrees

18- or 180? Me too yeldar, there is nothing worse than going 90 degrees down a track trying frantically to get out of the collision lag only to end up facing the wrong way.

yeldar2097
9th December 2009, 07:13 PM
oops, typo there, cheers KGB :+

@eL: My connection is as fast as it will get. Got offered a free upgrade to 16Mb Broadband...until they found out where I lived, at which point they said "oh sorry, that's as fast as it's going to get because the cabling/exchange server closest to your house is too old". Broadband = win? Not from where I'm sitting ;)

eLhabib
9th December 2009, 07:17 PM
You know that there are portable internet sticks (USB, via satellite) that are WAY faster than your current connection. And they're usually rather cheap compared to a 'real' internet bundle. And don't tell me you live too far away from a satellite ;)

OBH
10th December 2009, 01:58 PM
They dont work with ps3s. Each needs to install its own software first.

Their also a total rip-off. We have one with a 2gb monthly limit, but if you go over your charged 20p per 1mb you view, that equals at least £1 per web page viewed. We were billed £52 in less than 2 hours net usage.

eLhabib
10th December 2009, 02:55 PM
wow ok didn't know that. tough luck then...

stin
19th December 2009, 09:43 AM
Sorry guys about last night, I was really pissed off with all the killings and shoving but I was not focusing well before you guys turns up and I decided F*ck this!, I`m off!

I`m was not right in a frame of mind.

stevie:(

eLhabib
19th December 2009, 11:37 AM
haha same here Stevie! a couple of races later, I got gunned down so bad again and again and had to kill the ps3 as well before I throw a controller into the tv...
weapons races with 8 people are just ridiculous, nothing to do with pure wipEout anymore :( sure wish SL would fix some weapons *coughminescough*

stin
19th December 2009, 11:50 AM
Yes!, that is exactly what I like as Pure race for HD, that game are more balanced than Hd game!

But HD, is now like, too much weapons killing to each other.

EDIT, Now I have hooked everything up for Pure game and seriously, I`m looking forward to this rather than HD.

eLhabib
20th December 2009, 05:17 PM
Just had a beautiful set of no-weapons races with z1r0 and Sat - thanks guys, twas amazing! so close :+

SaturnReturn
20th December 2009, 06:17 PM
Sebenco Climb was a good ending too. I lost count of how many times we swapped places in that race.

yeldar2097
20th December 2009, 10:04 PM
Hmmm I was about to have a nice little session with Kyonshi and friends. That went out of the window when my father unplugged my PS3 and told me to go to bed -_-

No fair :(

KGB
20th December 2009, 10:07 PM
Are you being serious? Tell the boring old sod to do one! How old is he by the way? Please don't say the same age as me.

SaturnReturn
20th December 2009, 10:08 PM
I hope you politely informed him that you shouldn't go to bed when it's not even tomorrow yet. I always start and end my sleeping session on the same day.

EDIT: Or indeed, told him to "do one". :D :P

yeldar2097
21st December 2009, 10:31 AM
I am deadly serious. It's not fair I tell you!

He's 61 and grumpy. We don't really see eye to eye tbh.

Even so, unplugging the PS3??? Noooooooooooooooooooo.

I managed to guilt-trip him a little by telling him that he may have broken it/damaged the internals :lol.

Ahh I do love a bit of bullshit now and then :P

OBH
21st December 2009, 10:46 AM
Orange best sort out my internet soon or heads will start rolling :( about 60 days with no wipeout so far.

eLhabib
21st December 2009, 10:55 AM
ouch, that sucks! :( hope you get fixed soon!

yeldar2097
21st December 2009, 06:30 PM
Same again:

Was just in a 4-race tourney with Mad-Ice, Elois, Maderfacker, LUNA, Constrictor, Reach-big and some other randoms :rock
I was having a whale of a time until..."Turn that £%$*ing machine off and come get your dinner!"

I'd only had about 3 races that session, I was rather miffed :bomb

SaturnReturn
21st December 2009, 06:41 PM
Just tell them to give you a 5 minute warning. That should work. Or time it better and be less addicted. ;)

OBH
21st December 2009, 09:22 PM
Or get your own bloody house! :g

though then youd have to cook your own dinners :beer

Vartazian
26th December 2009, 04:33 PM
After a 2 Month Hiadus, I raced online again.

I Definately suck now. Barely managing times in the top 200 Every race. The only Exception was Modesto Heights where I got a 1.42xx time :)

Those Japanese Pilots are fast... looks like I need to practice a bit more...

See you all on the track...

OBH
26th December 2009, 05:59 PM
I didnt get as much online time as i planned today. Entertaining family and such instead. Still good fun none the less :)

look forward to next time!

Ace3cube
28th December 2009, 04:27 PM
Today, we make lots of 20 laps races.
lol that's amazing and so hard for eyes @.@
I would thanks assoartu, mizunori, themaderfacker and others to be there for that crazy experience.
Let's make other in the future :P:hyper

mizunoori
28th December 2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah, that were great races. The hunt on Sol 2 was great and your victory in Metrophia rev on the finish-line, my heart was racing too :hyper:hyper:hyper

Ace3cube
28th December 2009, 06:19 PM
ahah our hearts were crazy ;)
I hope we will get other sessions like that. With others crazy pilots lol

20 laps = 7 minutes !
awsome !
amazing !
crazy !
ahah I fall in love :]:hyper
:rock:hyper:rock:hyper:rock

yeldar2097
3rd January 2010, 02:22 PM
Ok the only rooms I can find listed under 'Phantom' are all Zone Battle rooms.
Granted, there's only 3 of em, but that just ain't right :lol

LOUDandPROUD
3rd January 2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks to z1r0rEi for hosting some fun races yesterday. It was my first day playing WO in like 5 or 6 months, so I was quite rusty. It was weird realizing I had forgotten whether to airbrake or not (and when) around some corners haha. It felt good to be back, though I need a lot of practice. Others in the room were tug_14, Iwillbuildaduck, MrOrbital, Ace3Cube and a couple of others I can't remember. I had never raced against IWBAD or Ace, though I've seen them lurking these forums...they impressed and finished ahead of me regularly.

It's pretty wild how many good pilots are out there now. When I first got good at WO, I recall feeling confident in most rooms that I would come in first or finish in the top 3 when racing against names I didn't recognize from the Zone...not so anymore. The quality of opponents has risen quite a bit!

Anyway, I plan on trying to get in a few hours of playing time weekly again, at least, to try and get back to form and show all these new competitors what LOUDandPROUD is all about! :nod :)

z1r0rEi
5th January 2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks LOUDandPROUD, was good ,racin with u again, fun races indeed my friend , & yes there are alot of good players now, than ever before, dont underestimate , anyone thats what i think:dizzy see you soon m8:P

Ace3cube
5th January 2010, 06:20 PM
LOUDandPROUD > always pleasure play with nice pilots \o/
Ace at your service :P

LOUDandPROUD
9th January 2010, 09:58 PM
Had some more fun races with today with Ace3Cube, SaturnReturn and ACE-FLO. Starting to knock off that rust and feel a bit more confident...had a couple of nice runs on Chengou F, taking 2nd in consecutive races, behind Saturn by 2 and 4 seconds, respectively. Hey, finishing that close to Saturn is a huge accomplishment for me (or anyone really) LOL. Also had an exciting finish on Ubermall F where I caught up to ACE-FLO around the final couple of bends then passed him with a turbo down the final straight to take 3rd hee hee. Thanks to all and looking forward to seeing you on the tracks again soon! :)

ACE-FLO
10th January 2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, that was awesome man! LOL, we had a good session then mate. Thanks to all zoners who rolled with me, or rolled me :lol always a fantastic experience peeps... Should be online for more punishment later, I like a lil virtual pain, only coz it's virtually painless :lol

EDIT: good races tonight, wanna thank the following pilots - JFthebestJan, Brainbeat, TehRedScar, Micko_bg, TokyoSushi, hacenetchik and also boo4ever, who caught my last race for the night. thanks guys... catch you again, tomorrow night :rock

ProblemSolver
11th January 2010, 08:11 AM
Had a long stint with ShawnFrecle and his Italian followers, yesterday. It was
very enjoyable. :+ Best race I remember was on Sebenco where we both got kicked
at the end of the field first lap from where on we started a pretty cool
comeback riding close behind each other through the entire field until finish
line, he in first position an me second. Additionally, playing with someone
who is also quite competitive in ZONE makes up for a good spirit while meeting
online.

I now get also much more comfortable with the dpad. WipEout HD has become a new
game for me! Inputs and slight corrections to the racing line can be given so
faaaast. And my success rate for doing BRs has more than doubled. Jesus Christ!

KGB
17th January 2010, 12:50 AM
Great games everyone just then, you know who you are. Nice to see a room full of fast pilots. :+

stin
17th January 2010, 11:55 AM
Well well!, that were very interesting game today and loads of pretty epic battles and close races!

Two hours of wonderful races and I thank you guys!!!:clap

Hopefully more to come.

blackwiggle
17th January 2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah,some great races Stin :+

Danterich
17th January 2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, thank you two too :clap
I switched ships very often to make it more interesting ;)
race you soon again mates !
btw: there are lots of skilled pilots online these days :clap

OBH
18th January 2010, 09:47 AM
Ive been gone so long L&P has returned!!!? :g never thought id see the day! :beer

LOUDandPROUD
19th January 2010, 01:01 AM
HAHA! Yes, OBH! I'm back! Good to hear from you! I was too busy last week to hit the tracks at all, unfortunately...I'll definitely make some time for WO this week though! :nod

kanar
30th January 2010, 07:45 PM
I believe one of the best thing we all can do to thank & support Studio Liverpool right now is to play online. Like we never did before. I'm a speed lapper from the start, I always prefered to play offline & work my lines, brs and so on. But today I think I must show to those Sony bastards how much I love this game, and the best way is to BURN their servers to death. So...

DECEPTICONS... MOBILIZE!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jia_gfiHh3E)

yeldar2097
31st January 2010, 11:50 AM
Decepticons? Does that mean I'm not invited? :P

kanar
1st February 2010, 12:41 PM
eh eh you're the hero mate, autobots = win lol, of course you're invited. I love Starscream myself, cos' I'm a raptor fan (well I'm a fan of its flying performances, not of its power of destruction...). When I was at Las Vegas last summer I wanted to go to Nellis AFB, but lol tourists are not authorized. On topic, I'm trying to go online each days now, gah feel hard to get my a$$ kicked like that (on the fury tracks in particular, OMG I suck so much). As I said before my favorite mode is speed lap, but it's so cool to race with all of you guys, despite all these mines - mines - bombs - rockets - missile - respawn - gah! Cambodia FTW!

thanks to Imre92, jodiroga, brainbeat, IDreaper, flaflasat, Wipe-Assassin, Luna, afuroky, boxman22, Whateverman, TorquedSoul, Hacenetchik ...and to all the guys I forgot to quote for these cool races last night!

LOUDandPROUD
7th February 2010, 01:51 PM
Had some fun races yesterday with z1r0rEi, Luxoflux, shapealot, dobyblue and a couple of folks that apparently aren't here at the Zone, but who are both great pilots...SHENG_LONG (not the first time I'd run into him on the tracks) and TY_RAPTOR (never run into him before). I have to say, despite playing more recently, I'm still pretty damn rusty and not performing close to the level that I used to. It's fun trying to get back into shape though!

il_mago_di_Doz
8th February 2010, 03:15 AM
Hei Loud_and_Proud ... I remember you! :) We did some races together when I was a rookie... :lol Hope to see you and the other zoner soon online!
For now.. thanks to ProblemSolver for the incredible races of other night. ;)
That was pretty damn intense! :eek :beer

LOUDandPROUD
8th February 2010, 04:30 PM
Hey, il_mago_di_Doz! I remember you too! Well, I recall you being a fast pilot when you were a rookie, so you are probably much faster than me now! Yes, I hope to see you on the tracks again soon!

Had another batch of fun races yesterday with brummpah and z1r0rEi. Brummpah was kickin some serious butt! What also made it great was that we were in a full/almost full room most of the time and the three of us were on the podium at the end of just about every race. We would just flip-flop positions haha...though I only took 1st once (which I was very excited about, as a win against z1r0rEi is very rare for me lol...no disrespect to brummpah's amazing day, I just seem to encounter "z" on the track far more). There's nothing like the adrenaline rush that is WOHD! :hyper

z1r0rEi
8th February 2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks L&P, had some close races there,was good, thanks to every1,i raced on the weekend:dizzy

Mad-Ice
17th February 2010, 06:58 AM
It has been a while, but I had great fun racing with Z1, Greenix, Fgdk, Luxoflux, Themaderfacker, Kaori and oeps and sorry for forgetting other pilots.

I had a superb and intense racing night. Greetz Mad-Ice

Raziel-X007
6th March 2010, 02:05 PM
Dang, it's been a while!! Hello, this is Raziel X and I'm hosting at this VERY MOMENT, a Zone comp in Mallavol... You want in, just look for Raziel_Sinister.. Though I'm only Level 3 (Thanks to my Little Brother stealing my last PS3), I'm still there... I think.. Come on by!

SaturnReturn
6th March 2010, 02:35 PM
Raziel, I moved the above post here to the HD Online Meetings, because we would have an awful lot of threads if we all created a new one when we were hosting a race/game.

KGB
6th March 2010, 03:01 PM
Did this thread get moved, I'm sure it used to be in the HD part of the forum?

SaturnReturn
6th March 2010, 03:13 PM
I think it did. I'm not sure why it was moved though.

Raziel-X007
13th March 2010, 12:35 AM
@ Saturn....- Thanks!

SaturnReturn
11th June 2010, 10:52 PM
Had a great comeback session tonight. I've been away from WipEout HD for a bit and it was good to play again. Thanks to all who I played with tonight. :)

Cyberio
13th June 2010, 06:22 PM
Yesterday I felt the online pilots are levelling up their skills nowadays.

A few months ago, winning a race was not very hard, today i can't.
I like it that way, a real challenge.
But the people still quitting when i'm selecting the combat zone mode :(.

UB3R~JKP
13th June 2010, 11:48 PM
Having great fun online! Getting slowly better and actually competing with pilots. :)

F.E.I.S.A.R
14th June 2010, 12:38 AM
Just got back from vacation in Great Britain and France. Will go online tonight GMT+8 to play HD,to see if sinus is still on my friends list(me thinks not as I have not played for about 2 or so weeks)and to try playing with jet lag!(headaches,start your engines!)Will try playing with minimum one fellow zoner.

mic-dk
9th July 2010, 07:59 PM
I haven't played a lot lately - my two-wheeled rocket needs its exercise while the sun is shining - but tonight I had a great and very fun session.

Thanks to all I played, but especially z1r0rEi, Danterich and DreamyElf - you guys rock!

Danterich
20th July 2010, 10:57 AM
thanks 2u2 mic, was a pleasure, hope 2 meet again, and of course all the other zoners i raced recently:clap
btw: the wipeoutHD servers are offline atm:turd
upate:
they´re online again!
i´m hosting Avalon Style 2day, feel free to join, whenever there´s a free slot!

OBH
21st July 2010, 08:59 AM
Nice racing recently danterich :) ive been getting some good top 5 multiplayer times while youve been hosting :g
Been also racing a lot with LurifaxFlux, Whoopzilla, DreamyElf & others lately, kudos to all of you :beer

yeldar2097
21st July 2010, 12:32 PM
Any particular reason for you doing so well only after you've left my house?

Dammit OBH you're supposed to be at your best during Avalon, not after. Sort it out :beer

OBH
21st July 2010, 12:33 PM
i blame your mexican internet :)

Challenger #001
21st July 2010, 01:42 PM
Having a lot of good races online with you guys recently, though it seems I'm late to the party - a lot of the time when I try to add some of you as friends it says your lists are full. Particular problem for DanteRich, who I am very determined to beat straight-out at least once in anything other than Zone Battle.

KIGO1987
21st July 2010, 03:26 PM
Once your PSN friends list hits 100. it maxes out, and you cannot add anymore friends to it. Sucks bad, used to be only 50 back in the day. Needs another increase i reckon.

Danterich
21st July 2010, 05:27 PM
No no ch. : NOT DanteRich, its Danterich like Friedrich, i´m poor;)
and limit of 100 sucks yes, shoulde be 101 ;)

KIGO1987
21st July 2010, 09:39 PM
Should of been bloody 250 this time last year, i could of used up all those extra spaces.

BTW Syncopia room online atm. DP89 is hosting.

blackwiggle
22nd July 2010, 12:02 AM
I reckon they capped the friends list at 100 because it might slow your console down too much if you had more, I'm sure when they upped it from 50 it did.

Anyway, thing how many more times the message alert box would pop up at an inconvenient time during a game if you had more than 100, it can get pretty bad with 100 already.

KIGO1987
22nd July 2010, 12:52 AM
You learn to tolerate it one way or another will all the additional messages overtime. Is inconvenient when you have a message come up during a moment like doing the Zone Zeus trophy.

The Syncopia room went for ages, still think it is going now. When DP left i hosted it for a while, then when i left AnE took over i think. Had quite a few enjoyable races of both the laggy and non laggy kind, i think my PS3 is going to chuck another YLOD on me again, its running horrible atm. Quite a few people come out of the blue when there is a Syncopia room being hosted. had Deepmix, DP, IH8YOU, BB, AnE, Cat, Dantrick, Anek, and T-Rex joined the room at the end there. Good when meetups like that happen, bit of a rouge avalon meet or something:)

Danterich
22nd July 2010, 05:19 AM
WizardPlayHD is SYNCOPIA-host atm!

Dantrick is a good one:lol, its Danterich m8, call me Dante if u wish
man i lolalot these days

KIGO1987
22nd July 2010, 08:39 AM
Lol! seems like the Syncopia 24hour room concept is being put into reality right now.

Awesome!

Danterich
22nd July 2010, 12:16 PM
update:
SYNCOPIA is still on! Join avalon lounge 4 the pleasure!:)

KIGO1987
22nd July 2010, 12:31 PM
OMFG. Awesome! i got to inform the others about this.

Danterich
22nd July 2010, 01:29 PM
Syncopia-reminder:

Mustn´t mess with settings!!!!!

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd July 2010, 10:35 PM
It was a great day Syncopia-wise today. Woopzilla managed to set up a Venom, Rapier AND Phantom game. Was pretty cool being able to switch rooms if I fancied a change in speed.

UB3R~JKP
22nd July 2010, 10:52 PM
This Is all.

UB3R~JKP
23rd July 2010, 01:59 AM
Sorry for the double post, had some good racin' with Dante tonight :D
EnduTRANCE FTW ;)

KIGO1987
23rd July 2010, 10:20 AM
Syncopia 24hour room still going?

Danterich
23rd July 2010, 12:48 PM
No, it isn´t.

leungbok
23rd July 2010, 07:17 PM
It was a great day Syncopia-wise today. Woopzilla managed to set up a Venom, Rapier AND Phantom game. Was pretty cool being able to switch rooms if I fancied a change in speed.
Cool stuff :) :clap