PDA

View Full Version : HD Online Meetings

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Rapier Racer
8th December 2008, 08:28 PM
I had some fun races for a short time on Friday evening and during the early hours of Sunday morning, good times :+ pink is nice....

eLhabib
9th December 2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks to Haydn, Nadia, AKRO2, jope-c, and others I forgot :paperbag for some really nice and very tight online races this afternoon.

And I'd like to quote a message from Nadia, which she wrote to me after I apologized for a rather rough race on my part. I reall liked you response, Nadia, and I think it expresses the spirit of wipEout pilots. The response was:

It's wipEout! We race, we die.

OBH
9th December 2008, 04:13 PM
Had some great races elhabib :) Everyone was very quick on the weapons, loads of eliminations. Lucifex was another guy playing, very fast.

I didnt realise you were an auricom player. Out of all the heavier ships i find them the hardest to use by far. Looks sweet in red though :)

eLhabib
9th December 2008, 05:43 PM
Just had a great session with Greenix - some REALLY hostile races ;) Good fun, mate!

micky1984
11th December 2008, 11:14 PM
cheers for the close races djmaniac good times indeed:lol

crawdad62
12th December 2008, 05:12 AM
Do any of you race any other than Phantom? I rarely race that class. Needless to say I've NEVER seen anyone from here online to race. I guess I either have to practice or give up racing someone from here.:frown:

il_NIK
12th December 2008, 06:10 AM
Hi crawdad62 :beer

I don't race so much, but I manage also Flash and rapier class!

See you soon online:P

lunar
12th December 2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Crawdad, I usually race Phantom, but I`m just as happy to race any speed class online, I just like racing. So please message me if you see me online.

OBH
12th December 2008, 03:12 PM
ill join anything, but phantom 90% of the time if im honest. guess cos thats were everyone is :)

Also good job to kingheim, wellington, asayyeah.... and some name i cant remember... ive dropped from 1st on chenghou reverse to 5th in about a week, with the top 4 all less than 2 minutes. Quality times guys.

TheFrostE
13th December 2008, 07:29 PM
wipEout has never really tested your true skill on anything but phantom... anything less basically becomes a race to the finish based on your ship stats if you have a high skill level like most of us. phantom tests your ability not only to know the track, but race a nice line at high speed with or without weapons. rapier flash and venom...pick icaras and grab a few weapons to get ahead, and your all set. just my opinion though :p

Asayyeah
13th December 2008, 07:56 PM
thx again guys for the last weekend it was great ( like usual) i already played few tracks today against Andybob and Kgb before dinner and now currently with Soccermums, Greenix, T Rex 29, JJPAP into Bambobanga's arena : sweet quality fighty races :banzai

OBH
14th December 2008, 07:01 AM
wipEout has never really tested your true skill on anything but phantom... anything less basically becomes a race to the finish based on your ship stats if you have a high skill level like most of us.

not really true, everyones weapon accuracy is far greater, and cleaver use of boosts and barrel rolls are essential to good times.

I dont know if its just me but i lose more races on flash than anything else.

edit:
also i forgot to give thanks to lil nik and wotan for some great races the other day :) i was desperate to beat nik i have to be honest! and luckily got a stonking sol 2 reverse time :) got a long, long way to go if im going to beat your sol 2 forwards though! both you guys are very fast.

great stuff.

TheFrostE
14th December 2008, 04:10 PM
hey guys, im hopping on now, any one up for some racing?

eLhabib
14th December 2008, 08:09 PM
Will be online for a couple of hours, starting 22:30 CET - hope to meet some 'Zoners! ;)

TheFrostE
14th December 2008, 10:00 PM
some of the most intense weapon crazed lunatics ever out there on the track tonight! thanks greenix, habib, wellington, blakely, leungbok!

eLhabib
14th December 2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah, thanks to TheFrostE, Greenix, Wotan998, Luxoflux, oolproo, Leungbok, Wellington86, and blakey87 - some very cool races tonight, but also extremely weapons-heavy. Been on the receiving end again, but also serving out some facial bombs ;) Until next time!

Soccermom
15th December 2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the past two weekends of fun racing :xtree

Big thanks to:
wellington, KGB71, acrooklyn/bambo, Asayyeah (for putting that beam up my rear), Andybob, Rushinmonkey, JJPAP, Luxoflux, Kingheim for some lengthy session - you are all fantastic racers.

And a :turd for all the racers that quit races prematurely. That is a killer for long term sustainability of WOHD.
Especially, I always wonder about the racers that seems to quit both when they are winning AND losing. Some of them are really good but seems to quit immediately when they get eliminated but also when they are winning by a huge margin. Where do you race ... if you feel "too good" for racing people you are winning against, but at the same time doesn't want to race against people where they risk losing?

Wellington86
15th December 2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah thanks everyone for lots of good racing and hosting over the last couple of days. Thanks especially to Asayyeah for several very close tournaments on Saturday. It was a rather unpleasant surprise when you boosted past me at the end of the last race of the second tourney in AKRO's room to win by 0.04s and snatch the tournament! Great competition.

@Soccermom, are you sure people in first place don't leave because they get disconnected? I would trust anyone who has left in first place to have suffered an honest disconnection.

Asayyeah
15th December 2008, 02:50 PM
Saturday session was a truly moment of heavy fights and fast racing lines, after my previous post i raced against El, MadIce DjManiac, Greenix, Wellington, Akro2 and Kindheim in few tours : tension at maximum : unique mistake you are doing and immediately you are last :O : also a good part is that pushes your limit to the max !

Next online weekend will be settled in Holland :xtree

ps to Wellington86 = oh yeah! mate that was some damn close competition between you and me ! cannie believe i had luck to get that Autopilot which passed you over the line for those nano 4 hundreths of seconds but i must reckon you are faster than me : respect deserved to your lines which are almost perfect everytime. :clap

JJPAP
15th December 2008, 04:53 PM
The last few days I had the pleasure to race some very good wipers. Asayyeah, Wotan998, Bambobanga, Soccermoms, Luxoflux, oolProo, Wellington86, acrooklyn, eLhabib, Greenix, Rushinmonkey, AndyBob, WZFro, Haydn, Kingheim, Akro2 (sorry, if I forgot any). You´re almost out of this world. Sometimes I was happy just being able to see the track, which were filled with all kind of nasty things;-/ And the folks mentioned just keeps going on, no quitting, even if you had a bad race.
Really makes me want to practice and try to eliminate my journeys into the abyss. See you on the tracks (always got a couple of hours, when the kids (and wife!) has gone to bed).

rushin
15th December 2008, 05:02 PM
And a :turd for all the racers that quit races prematurely. That is a killer for long term sustainability of WOHD.
Especially, I always wonder about the racers that seems to quit both when they are winning AND losing. Some of them are really good but seems to quit immediately when they get eliminated but also when they are winning by a huge margin. Where do you race ... if you feel "too good" for racing people you are winning against, but at the same time doesn't want to race against people where they risk losing?

*holds hand up*

i quit a 12 race tourny yesterday, it was race 7 and i'd won every one by over 8 seconds. was just bored :( Long tournaments are great when you have even one person around your level.. I was playing on rapier btw, i am lucky to get 4th in races with you lot on phantom ;)

OBH
15th December 2008, 07:00 PM
I try and look out for wz names and stick around regardless.

though i too will admit quitting mid tourny. Just when 8 becomes 4/5, and their not really on the pace, it gets dull....

saying that though, if tourny times counted towards the leaderboards, id stick around anyway! thats the main reason i dont often join tournys.

TheFrostE
15th December 2008, 07:07 PM
great races yet again guys. VERY close finishes. evolite, hellfire, wotan, micky and everyone else. always a pleasure

micky1984
15th December 2008, 07:23 PM
yeah was a good load of races Froste also did u hear the random abuse from the spanish guy (think he was spanish) was funny :lol Wud of liked more time to change ship mind evolite. 10 secs wud do:frown: got caught trying to choose fieser and ended up with a pirana :( on sebenco reverse ahhhhhhhhhhh. needless to say it was a disaster :banzai

dobyblue
15th December 2008, 07:27 PM
I try and look out for wz names and stick around regardless.

Me too - most names I know and like seem to do single races anyway.
There are a few wipers not in the Zone that should definitely be on here - acrooklyn likes to race with Auricom and Triakis on phanton - I've told him a few times to get his butt on this site.

Hellfire_WZ
15th December 2008, 08:19 PM
also did u hear the random abuse from the spanish guy (think he was spanish) was funny :lol

Yep, I think it may have had something to do with me ramming him into the wall on the last corner of Metropia reverse :lol

Best way to respond to little boys like that is to just keep on handing their arse to them ;)

Also, thanks to Andybob35, Evolite, JJPAP et al for an absolutely insane 12-race tourney. Tighter than a duck's arsehole in the end, won it by only two points :)

micky1984
15th December 2008, 08:54 PM
nice, it always makes me smile seeing how worked up people can get over a game.I salute there blind ability to look like complete numpty's, it always astounds me:lol

FrenkyV
15th December 2008, 09:42 PM
Hi

I like to play with you guys sometime.

I find myself winning alot. so i guess i need some challenge.

Is it ok if I ad some of you people?

TheFrostE
15th December 2008, 09:50 PM
add away, we are always looking for rising stars haha :p

Wellington86
16th December 2008, 04:10 AM
saying that though, if tourny times counted towards the leaderboards, id stick around anyway! thats the main reason i dont often join tournys.

Tournament times are shown on the leaderboards. Many of my current times are from tourneys, I even improved three today, all in tourneys, and all now showing on the leaderboards. It's just annoying that you can't see where you are during the tournament itself.

JJPAP
16th December 2008, 08:20 AM
PLEASE SEND MONEY FOR A NEW FEISAR

During a 12 race-tournament last night (around 21.00 GMT) my beloved Feisar were seriously damaged. For the moment it´s parked in the garage. The electronics went completely dead (on a race shortly afterwards at Vineta K it disconnected completely just before the very first corner).
At a certain time, during the above mentioned tournament, I am sure I saw a big fat Quirex hanging just above my cockpit, leaving the glass all battered.
I am glad glad to inform you, that physically I am allright, just a few bruishes and scratches. Mentally ...
NB: I´ve already got in contact with my insurance company. I was told not to expect any money at all. They didn´t even know what a Feisar is.
NBB: If Hellfire, Andybob or Evolite are reading this: Please find your wallets.
NBBB: Until the money for the new Feisar starts flowing, I'll make an arrangement with my younger brother to borrow his never-used Feisar, meaning I´ll only be able to use the ordinary skin.

FrenkyV
16th December 2008, 08:39 AM
add away, we are always looking for rising stars haha :p

allright.

i dont have much experience with the reverse tracks btw :P

eLhabib
16th December 2008, 09:35 AM
Love your post, JJPAP!

I hope your own Feisar will be fully restored soon. I had several Assegai crafts totally destroyed when I was still racing on their team. Those things are just too feeble, and the wing flaps are the first thing to break off... probably produced rather cheaply. On the plus side, they were quick to replace my bricked Assegai everytime with a shiny new one.
Something i can't expect from Auricom - they're pretty cautious of their equipment, I wouldn't want to be ruining one of their crafts. Luckily, my red Auricom can take quite a beating ;)

Asayyeah
16th December 2008, 10:18 AM
NB: I´ve already got in contact with my insurance company. I was told not to expect any money at all. They didn´t even know what a Feisar is.

Thx a lot JJPAP for that so funny moment i spent reading your post !

lunar
16th December 2008, 12:42 PM
Yes, JJPAP, the mental damage is possibly the worst.

I killed a Goteki for the first time in ages last night, thanks to Micky 1984 and my carelessness. It was Ubermall and one of those races where your pick ups are almost too good. I was battling in 2nd-4th positions, and every pick up had an obvious application. Missile - that`s for you there. Turbo - I need that. Quake - have it. Bomb - no tailgating from you sir! I knew I had to absorb some of this stuff, but didn`t, the result being the start of lap 3 with energy on 3, and Micky 1984 doing what I knew was coming. I`m not sure if it was a weapon hit or just a nudge of doom, but I have learned my lesson.

thanks to everyone I raced last night, great fun, but I swear the standard gets higher all the time and new fast pilots keep appearing because I am slowly improving, but it`s as tough as ever. All in a great spirit though. :)

micky1984
16th December 2008, 12:51 PM
lunar it was a lovely case of the mines that destroyed u lol was a surprise to hear such a bang :lol

Hacker X
16th December 2008, 02:21 PM
Sounds like you guys play a lot of HD online and have a lot of fun. I just got my PS3 in September when Wipeout came out. Feel free to add me as a friend on the PSN and I will be happy to do some online races with you guys. I've been playing WO since 96' and still having a ball. Hope to see you guys on the track eventually.

PSN ID: Lord_Khan

- Some of you may know me as Lord_Khan if you post on the IGN boards.

eLhabib
17th December 2008, 04:39 PM
Big thanks to Greenix for the online session we just shared - it's always a real pleasure racing against you. Constant back and forth, most races are within 1 second of each other, lots of them decided by tiny mistakes.

3 brilliant moments I remember:
- Pulling past you on the finish straight of Sebenco Reverse because you didn't quite get the last turn after the jump perfect - won by a couple of hundredths.
- Losing on Ubermall Reverse because you triggered a bomb that was on the track, and it blew up in MY face! (still don't know how that happened!)
- Zooming over you JUST at the finish line with a Turbo on Ubermall (forward).

But there were many more. Let's definitely do this again soon :)

Also thx to drMannevond and to Haydn, who joined just as I was about to leave - you still gave me enough of an ass-whooping in the few races we had ;)

EDIT: just realised Greenix is actually not on wipEoutZone! (yet...) - gotta get his butt over here!

H3avyM3tal
17th December 2008, 06:01 PM
Since noone added me to their list, I am going to do it myself when I get home. Be alert, it will not be plesant!

dobyblue
17th December 2008, 06:01 PM
EDIT: just realised Greenix is actually not on wipEoutZone! (yet...) - gotta get his butt over here!

Agreed - he is a good pilot.

eLhabib
17th December 2008, 07:11 PM
Be alert, it will not be plesant!

Yikes! :eek *tries to cover all openings with his hands*
I'll add you first thing when I'm online next time, promise! ;)

TheFrostE
18th December 2008, 12:02 AM
nice races earlier wellington, evolite, luxo, dobyblue, danterich. tense as always :D

Wellington86
18th December 2008, 04:32 AM
Yeah good races TheFrostE. I've never seen so many Feisars in one room!

alterego
18th December 2008, 07:13 AM
Hi All!

I want to thank Asymel for the strange/funny/good race at Chenghou yesterday in the evening :D

I don't know what happen, but was funny at all! ;)

see you soon online!

CdRom

KIGO1987
18th December 2008, 08:14 AM
Pilots needed for team ANZAC in this weekends tournaments againest France

ANY pilots are welcome to attend

Throw you name on this thread here to join:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5493&page=8

xtriko
19th December 2008, 04:33 PM
yo pilots! i'm playing drunk as hell with wzFro! feel free to join! XD bill29 game!
PS. i just grabed the wrong pad... XD and i can't see nothing! where are you kanar! my drunky mate! XD

DjManiac21
19th December 2008, 08:48 PM
Awesome post :P

Hey Guys, I have the pleasure of having Asa tonight at home, he just came from France and will be staying over.
Tomorrow Mad will join us as well as Chrono and probably a friend of mine, laloquilla will be playing too! :+

Anyways, we'll be playing HD online, later tonight we will plug the HDTV and PS3 that Asa brought and will be playing online after dinner!

Hope to see you online!

Cheers to you all from Asa! :banzai

judus
19th December 2008, 09:44 PM
Man.. you guys have too much fun.. How on earth did you all end up not just liking wipeout but also being good at it collectively? Its great .. Now i must attend to the other end of my room :(

PS. Huge thanks to Soccermom ( I keep picturing you as Quagmire, I wonder why ), Haydn, Greenix, wotan and many others i'm sure i've forgotten. Great races dudes. Heres hoping for more of the same :)

TheFrostE
19th December 2008, 10:09 PM
ooooo! I will be online tonight for sure to do battle with you and Arnaud!
Be prepared Maniac, Im gunning for Euro tonight :D

OBH
20th December 2008, 12:39 AM
Some great races today. I tried giving triakis but had to resort back to harimau :) Im growing quite fond of that mammoth ship.

One awesome race on anulpha pass reverse with greenix right down to the wire, and one where soccermom totally blew me off the track on the last lap on metropia reverse :)

Sorry Im utterly poor at remembering everybodies names, but some real good battles today :D

lunar
20th December 2008, 01:14 AM
Big thanks for awesome racing tonight to Alterego, Wellington, Tordmulen, my Goteki team mate Emwu 23, Trentdf, Soccermums, Pirhapac, a new very fast guy whose name escapes me but begins with D, and who scared me into blowing myself up on Sebenco Climb :paperbag Brilliant stuff from all. :banzai

I think a lot of names are escaping me, so thanks to everyone for tonight..... except the guy who decided he would race Metropia Forward when the rest of us were racing Reverse. :naughty

Cerium
20th December 2008, 08:10 AM
Soccermums was playing some pretty good games yesterday/today/whateverday.

I felt kinda bad robbing him of his victory with some really lucky weapons on ubermall -- only to have him eliminate me 1st lap on the next race.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe fun times were had by all.

stin
20th December 2008, 10:19 AM
I will be online eventually but I was really busy for the last few weeks doing renovated my bathroom and it`s finished. (about time)

I know I will be struggling to race against you guys but hopefully I will adapt.

see you there eventually.

stevie:)

emwu23
20th December 2008, 12:52 PM
Hey Lunar thanks for racing also to Wellington for hosting such a high level races.Thx to Cellar77 with whom I had 8 race tournament and many others
from Wellington room : Pirhapac,Soccermums and few more.

Wellington86
20th December 2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah great races Lunar and Emwu. Lots of great racers arrived for that room. Thanks to everyone Lunar mentioned as well as Judus and Feisar31.

The racer beginning with D was called dureva. I think he was someone from this site playing under a different PSN ID. Apologies to him if not, he's extremely quick despite appearing not to have played very much at all, offline or on. You were right to be scared!

Greenix
20th December 2008, 03:22 PM
...awesome race on anulpha pass reverse with greenix right down to the wire...

Agreed, that race had me glued to the screen right to the end. Constant back and fourth between 1st and 2nd right until the end... great stuff :) I had a close race with Wellington on Vineta K reverse as well, I overtook him just as we crossed the line and the difference in time was 0.01 of a second! I think i may still be dead from exhasution as I played wipeout for just under 9 hours yesterday (ws my day off :) )... Amount of times the ps3 crashed is unbelieveable, think the old girl hasn't got much mileage left, but still got to play many pilots, so thanks to Evolite, AndyBob, Wellington, Bill29, Wotan, Soccermums, Haydn, Judus and contless others I cant remember. Bravo racers. :+

DjManiac21
20th December 2008, 09:14 PM
Hey everyone thanks for the awesome races last night and today!
So far we are having a great time, now we have Mad, Chrono and Asa, as well as me and my wife, laloquilla.
We'll be playing some Pulse online now and will be back to HD soon.
See you later! :D

Cerium
21st December 2008, 12:03 AM
So today Wellington, Wotan and Soccermums helped me figure out something I've been wondering about for a while:

If you are eliminated right at the end of the race and your ship's shrapnel makes it across the finish line it still counts as you crossing the finish line. Hah!

Ahh... fun races.

judus
21st December 2008, 12:16 AM
Something else I also found out today at Sol2. After the first right hander, and the sweeping left along the open section, I used a turbo only to land on top of 3 other crafts battling it out on the approach to the sharp right turn.

From there I was seemingly hovering above these guys whilst travelling at the usual speed as if I were hovering above the track. However, I was able to do a barrel roll, but not have it execute till I found a gap to hover above the track again.. It looked funny till I found the footing and went straight into the wall with a surprise boost :P

Tordmulen
21st December 2008, 12:51 AM
Thx for a bunch of good races and a really tough tournament.

Wellington86, Leungbok, emwu23, t-rex29, danterich and the others which names i cant remember right now. My brain is cooked and it tastes blood :lol

OBH
21st December 2008, 03:33 AM
If you are eliminated right at the end of the race and your ship's shrapnel makes it across the finish line it still counts as you crossing the finish line. Hah!

Ahh... fun races.
its great isnt it :)
i blew up amorbis one time on chenghou literally 2 feet from the finish line and won. was amazing his wreckage DIDNT cross the line :)

stin
21st December 2008, 11:16 AM
Enjoyed a few good races last night after a three weeks lay off due working on my house.

Hopefully I might be online tonight or possibly late afternoon.

emwu23
21st December 2008, 12:44 PM
Thx for a bunch of good races and a really tough tournament.

Wellington86, Leungbok, emwu23, t-rex29, danterich and the others which names i cant remember right now. My brain is cooked and it tastes blood :lol

Yeah Thank you as well guys.
The tournament make me throw dualshock on my floor I was so piss of.
Good to meet you T-rex last time with pulse from what I remember.

T-Rex29
21st December 2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Emwu, yes, that reminds me good moments on Pulse. Awesome races last night , thanks KGB, Leunbok, Tordmulen, Wotan, Amorbis, Danterich, Wellington ( not sure this one is really an human...):lol

Asayyeah
22nd December 2008, 12:41 PM
What a blast online, at DjManiac's flat in Amsterdam, we were having such great time there, drinking great wines and Champagne ( original product of France ;) ) and also enjoying other original products of Holland :g
With our 2 tvs and 2 ps3 we were exchanging controllers between Kellen, Mauro, Martin ( did he played HD i don't remember ? ), Matthijs and me.

Thx to those we fight during those 2 days ( i remember the friday late session around 3/4 am when Mauro and Sofie were already sleeping and me fully awake with large opened eyes, i was racing under Mauro's psn ID against Wellington, pirahpac and Evolite ( ? ) = i enjoyed a lot when we can race at 4 or 5 maximum : even you start last on the grid you can have chance to fight for the 1st rank; when it's 7 or 8 players that is funny ( don't get me wrong) but way harder if you start from the last seat)

We also had a moment of little panic around 5 am when we need to get Mauro to the hospital : he really felt sick and we were worrying for him : hopefully on sunday afternoon everything was ok for him and they let him go out from hospital.

Christmas vacation starts tomorrow for me and i ll be back in Le Havre so you can count on me for many online races/tournaments with you all guys.

eLhabib
22nd December 2008, 12:49 PM
Sounds like you had fun, ey? Sorry I wasn't able to catch your game on the weekend, but it's the holidays coming up - race you soon!

Glad that Mauro is feeling better - so is his nickname 'MaurOD' now? ;)

OBH
22nd December 2008, 12:54 PM
We also had a moment of little panic around 5 am when we need to get Mauro to the hospital : he really felt sick and we were worrying for him : hopefully on sunday afternoon everything was ok for him and they let him go out from hospital.
AG racings a dangerous sport. Casualties are to be expected :D and some will be left behind!

Just like to say good job to wellington. I though my low 1.47 record on sol 2 reverse was safe... somehow gotta hit a low 1.46 now :pirate:eek

KIGO1987
22nd December 2008, 05:56 PM
Im happy with my high records for the Pulse tracks on HD (need more of them), Moa Therma and Metropia.

I put the PS3 on after i couldnt get back to sleep while waking up in the night. Went online HD and havent had that much fun since the good action packed days of Pulse online. That was some tight, fast, and incrediably insane **** on the servers tonight.

Good racing with you all;

GTP_Rorschach, oolproo, Osama Bin Haybn, Woton and Wellington. I think that was all of them.

Also Merry Christmas to all from AUS;
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4t3ki3BDkRw

stin
23rd December 2008, 09:18 AM
I have managed to play Wotan yesterday but I had used a s****y EGX ship!:bomb, I didn`t realised, it was a bloody weakest ship, worse than Van-Uber.

I did played alot of online racing and hopefully be on tonight depending of what I`m doing.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd December 2008, 11:30 AM
I'll try and get back online tonight too as long as my PSN connection allows me. Was totally erratic yesterday.

OBH
23rd December 2008, 12:26 PM
Some great races yesterday. FrostE, Kigo, Greenix, Wellington, Pen-Hok (good pilot), djkyoto (though i was damn tired by the time you arrived :)). Good stuff. :xtree

KIGO1987
23rd December 2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah there where some great stuff the races. Just like Pulse online, i always had to stay around to the early hours of the morning to verse the best competition out there like RR, Stin, Packetmon, INFAXSU, Supersocks and D777. Not too many AUS pilot where ever on Pulse, the only time i saw an AUS pilot on Pulse before last weekends events was back in winter when Radium popped onto the server for a short while.

Greenix
23rd December 2008, 02:05 PM
(though i was damn tired by the time you arrived :)). Good stuff. :xtree

When racing at 3/4am I'm not suprised! I remember slippin harimau into auto pilot a fair few times whilst i got some shut eye in the pilot seat, but I still woke up to chuck out the odd bomb :) They were brutal races - I'd never seen so many mines :eek Think I may need to get some sort of polarised magnet installed on Harimau that pushes them away from me :p

Wellington86
23rd December 2008, 02:28 PM
Thx to those we fight during those 2 days ( i remember the friday late session around 3/4 am when Mauro and Sofie were already sleeping and me fully awake with large opened eyes, i was racing under Mauro's psn ID against Wellington, pirahpac and Evolite ( ? ) = i enjoyed a lot when we can race at 4 or 5 maximum

Ah, so dureva was you. I thought I recognised your voice but I was thrown by the British flag. That was a really fun set of races, really competitive between the three of us.

Thanks to Asymel for hosting a really good room on Sunday night. My mind has gone blank and I can't remember who it was who turned up lol, but I know we had a full set of good racers for many races, which as always was great. Sorry Asymel for not understanding your French (my French these days is worse than basic), but thanks for doing the tourney anyway :).

And yeah, as Haydn mentioned, thanks to those who played in my room last night. I thought it was going to prove a quiet night but after a while Haydn, Greenix and TheFrostE arrived to join Peh-Hok and I and made it an enjoyable end to the evening.

Asymeel
23rd December 2008, 04:22 PM
Very exciting racing session last sunday night indeed :)
Even though I don't have your skill Wellington, that's when playing with guys like you i can get better !
I hope to see you all soon (Wellington, Hellfire, Akro2, Leungbok, Greenix, Elhabib, Wotan, Asayeah, kanar, etc..) online during this period of end of year 2008 !

eLhabib
23rd December 2008, 04:53 PM
You can count on me during the holidays! :D

Axel
24th December 2008, 11:54 PM
Wanna shout out to Wellington, Greenix, Evo etc. Sorry I got disconnected, my connection went down south. Very enjoyable!!! Damn I need more practise :)

djKyoto
25th December 2008, 12:27 AM
Cheers for the races Wellington86, you sure showed me what avalon racing is, ack.

Wellington86
25th December 2008, 04:09 AM
Hey that's no problem Axel. That last tournament was wild for me, I forgot to change back to Feisar before it began and, stuck in an Icaras, I was consumately beaten by Greenix (and would have been by Evolite if he hadn't stopped playing), lol.

Yeah good racing djKyoto, you had a strong win in the weapons tourney, I was glad to get one back!

cnmth
25th December 2008, 11:35 AM
Good races greenix !

Some really close ones there hehe.
I got bumped out of the track @ chengou reverse in te last corner... lol
but i gotta go now, some x-mass ****.

cya online soon ;)

:xtreecnmth:xtree

Greenix
25th December 2008, 12:13 PM
Welly, by all means your welcome to use Icaras more often :D
Saying that we still had some close and hectic races. Your Icaras still pushed my Harimau around as easily as your 'rejected' Feisar and Evolite wasn't any easier to get past either without getting pushed aside. Luckily after he left for pizza (ironically right after blowing him up on sebenco and taking the lead ;) ) my worries of seeing another damn feisar were over!

And yup, they were some close races cnmth. Think 3 of them were down to a range of 0.10 of each other. Im just glad the host was laggy so we were all in ghost form, or my ship would have taken a beating from collisions with you. Good races all the same.

Happy Christmas all

:xtree:D

djKyoto
25th December 2008, 12:52 PM
Who the hell gets pizza in the middle of a wipeout game?

Amirite? ;)

Axel
26th December 2008, 12:52 AM
Massive shout out to, Wellington, Froste, Assayeah, Leungbok, connavar and the others. That was a mad numnber of races. It;s gonna be difficult. But I'll match you guys with Auricom dammit!! :P

But I think I'm starting to see why Feisar and AG-S are really favourable. SL we need some balancing!!! :P

Darkdrium777
26th December 2008, 01:03 AM
It's gonna be hard squeezing some HD between Prince of Persia sessions (Amazing game btw), but I'll try :D :nod

RJ O'Connell
26th December 2008, 01:28 AM
I'm ready and willing for some HD at last.

I haven't told everybody my first impressions yet, I'm saving that for a review on the website.

You know my ID. ;)

stin
26th December 2008, 02:56 PM
This afternoon with alot of very close races and I did actually enjoyed it very much!

Thank you to kaorl714, Kigo1987 and don`t forget osma-bin-hadyn ;)

more to come hopefully tonight.

RJ O'Connell
26th December 2008, 03:13 PM
I tried to join Haydn's race at the same time but he never gave me enough time to join! Feh.

Got my Connected 1 and 2 trophies though. :g

kaori
26th December 2008, 03:13 PM
Very nice races with you, Kigo and Haydn.

KIGO1987
26th December 2008, 03:31 PM
This afternoon with alot of very close races and I did actually enjoyed it very much!

Thank you to kaorl714, Kigo1987 and don`t forget osma-bin-hadyn ;)

more to come hopefully tonight.

Very nice races with you, Kigo and Haydn.

They where really good races, all the old Pulse race pilots with Kaori and Stin, and me when you think about it the races where like;

Team FFF (Kaori) vs. Team ANZAC (me) vs. Team UK (Stevie) (Scotland still occaciates with the United Kindom dont they?) and also Team England (Haydn) we he came into the room.

Sorry i had to leave after the end of that last tournament, really, really, really had to sh1t, thats why i was racing real faster than usual:D

Def more to come in the future:rock:beer

Asayyeah
26th December 2008, 04:14 PM
Like Axel said it was a truly great night fightin agaisnt the tough guys : Wellington ( the fastest ;) but had eliminated you one time : my revenge has started slowly but surely :D ), Connavar, the FrostE ( funny talks through mic ), Kgb ( always correct & gentleman ), Leungbock ( who suffered from my weaponry i must reckon), Axel who were the single one to destroy my poor ship last night : congrats you bastardooo ;) ), and Wowo ( wotan ) at the beginning of the evening : sorry my fellow citizen i had the right destroying weapons at the right moment : you were my most appreciated target of the evening lol )

Fight you tonight guys

Connavar
26th December 2008, 11:33 PM
Played against some amazing players recently, if you meet any of them online,
get ready to suffer:
AkFurtif, Wellington86, osama-bin-haydn, Asayyeah, Hellfire_WZ, IH8YOU,
Leungbok, Feisar31, oolproo, Wotan998, stin_wz, DividedXZero,
Soccermums (funny name), Tomeru, Danterich, dobyblue, Solid432, theFrostE, ...
I forgot the other names.

Hellfire_WZ
26th December 2008, 11:50 PM
Had some great races with Asymel, oolproo and Leungbok tonight, and managed to rank in at #2 on the Metropia Reverse record table in the process :)

A good night I think, will try and catch more of you tomorrow

OBH
27th December 2008, 11:17 AM
I tried to join Haydn's race at the same time but he never gave me enough time to join! Feh.

sorry buddy :) should have dropped me a message! id have waited for you. was a good room.

Great races everyone. Connavar was the new guy i noticed most :D I say "new" loosely! could be a pulse legend for all i know!

Also id like to apologise o anyone whos sent us a message on the ps3 and i havnt replied, since getting the nice tv back i barely notice the message pop ups; now its not 1/4 of the screen size any more :):beer;)

blackwiggle
27th December 2008, 12:32 PM
Less annoying,but a PITA if you are "On Watch" as you would be for the UK V's France onslaught...sorry races.:?

Wellington86
27th December 2008, 01:09 PM
@ Axel and Asayyeah

Yeah that was a great session the other night. Hopefully we'll get another one going tonight. And hopefully I can halt that slow revenge of yours Asayyeah, ;).

klax75
27th December 2008, 01:20 PM
Played against some amazing players recently, if you meet any of them online,
get ready to suffer:
AkFurtif, Wellington86, osama-bin-haydn, Asayyeah, Hellfire_WZ, IH8YOU,
Leungbok, Feisar31, oolproo, Wotan998, stin_wz, DividedXZero,
Soccermums (funny name), Tomeru, Danterich, dobyblue, Solid432, theFrostE, ...
I forgot the other names.

That seems to be most of the big guns around here. lol

Axel
27th December 2008, 10:07 PM
You guys are too good!! You know who you are :P

stin
27th December 2008, 10:13 PM
These guys are absolute nutters! especially el who actually murdered me twice!, bud I`d never lay a finger on you, you know I`m a gentle soul.:(

stevie:D

Greenix
27th December 2008, 10:15 PM
Don't think I've laughed so hard at such mad races!

eLhabib
27th December 2008, 10:26 PM
Ah now, don't act so innocent, Stevie :naughty you pushed me around the track (and off the track) quite often, you bully! ;) But yeah, I was rather weapons lucky tonight :D

Speaking of which: BIG THANKS to everybody I raced tonight, and also this afternoon - Evolite, Wellington, Wotan, Leungbok, Amorbis, Alejess, Asymel, Axel, Asayyeah, Luxoflux, stin, soccermum, T-Rex, Greenix, and all the people who's names I forgot - sorry :paperbag

This was one of the most fun nights I have had with this game so far - great pilots, and also on my big new TV everything is much nicer now, that I am accustomed to it :) YAY!

See you all online soon!

P.S.: I do find it quite funny that I'm seeing quite a few Auricom pilots these days, whereas a few weeks ago there was NOONE flying the Auricom way... conicidence? ;)

Axel
27th December 2008, 10:29 PM
I just frakking had enough of getting pushed around in my Assagai craft TBH. Auricom proved that I can survive a couple more races :)

eLhabib
27th December 2008, 10:30 PM
... sounds familiar :D

RJ O'Connell
27th December 2008, 10:30 PM
You were online a lot today and I didn't see you in any of the rooms - lately it's been a wild goose chase with you Zoners ;)

I just frakking had enough of getting pushed around in my Assagai craft TBH.
I've just had enough of being pushed around, period, in any ship - every time I try counter-ramming I feel like I'm trying to push a Yokozuna, yet the other ships seem to have little trouble grinding down my shields to about 5% before I'm halfway done with lap one. :/

Axel
27th December 2008, 10:34 PM
Yes it does dude, and yes I did give it a try after your announcement to Auricom. TBH I'm sick and tired of seeing Feisars and AG-S all the time. I wanna prove that there is a third pillar! And that pillar is Auricom! :D

RJ O'Connell
27th December 2008, 10:36 PM
It's just like WO1 - Feisar, AG-S and Auricom as the big dogs and Qirex as a total non-factor. :g (No offense team Qirex, but it's true.)

And what was this about FEISAR? ;)

eLhabib
27th December 2008, 10:37 PM
Glad to have a fast teammate then! And yes, the fact that Feisar and AG-SYS are a bit overpowered is becoming more and more apparent these days...

RJ O'Connell
27th December 2008, 10:47 PM
The difference in top speed is so small nowadays that I wonder if that statistic is even relevant...:/

Alejess
27th December 2008, 11:13 PM
I’d also like to thank all the racers eLhabib mentioned (and eLhabib himself of course). Some great races and it was awesome for me to see so many great pilots all in one place. Really hard work for me just trying to keep up with you guys, but I had massive fun trying!

I sometimes can’t believe how good value Wipeout really is. Surely something this fun should be more expensive!

Hellfire_WZ
27th December 2008, 11:51 PM
Wow, saw you all online pretty much all evening, yet somehow managed to catch only a few of you... :(

Will try and make a bigger effort tomorrow :)

leungbok
27th December 2008, 11:55 PM
Awesome races today, with some of the greatests. Thanks to Elhabib, Wellington, Wotan, Hellfire, Stin, Akro2, Luxoflux, Alejess, Asymel, T-rex and some others i don't remember the name. Cheers :beer

eLhabib
28th December 2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the sessions this afternoon, especially Luxoflux, who i had some intense 1on1 battles with! Also, I am proud to state that today I aquired the AG Assassin Trophy - the real, non set-up=cheating way - with a full on plasma hit on T-Rex :D Just feels som much more satisfying when those 50 kills actually stand for people that were shot in a race ;)

Luxoflux
28th December 2008, 05:38 PM
Great racing this afternoon. Those races with eLhabib were close indeed. And everyone who joined later: Thanks for racing and race you all later :)

T-Rex29
28th December 2008, 05:39 PM
Elhabib you are a pirate ! :lol I just put you as Friend today ! Is that your friendly welcome ?
Nevermind T-Rex will survive. Congratulations for your trophy. Awesome races with 8 skilled pilots, that’s great moments. Thanks all. :+

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2008, 08:01 PM
Great mini-Avalon session with Wotan, Kaori, Wellington and Asayyeah (and Del Stepho who left after two races).

My consistency was impeccable. I thought I'd never stop finishing 5th! :lol

kaori
28th December 2008, 10:57 PM
No, you finish twice 4th :D
Wellington was too fast today, first, England-France, then, my mini-avalon... He don't let us beat him! Good game :D
Del Stepho often have connexion mistake...:frown:
See you soon!

OBH
28th December 2008, 11:36 PM
cheers to wellington, djkyoto, luciflux, kgb, soccermoms, and someone i think iver forgotten :):beer

First tourny was nuts. 8 races with me, wellington and djkyoto on 24 points! table put me on top despite finishing 4th, as they were 6th and 7th :D:beer thought i was totally done for.

eLhabib
28th December 2008, 11:45 PM
I (and some other 'Zoners in my room) encountered a special kind of idiot player today: his name was WildWise, and as soon as he discovered that he was nowhere near capable of actively racing us, this poor individual decided it would be fun (for him) to drive in the opposite direction, taking potshots at the people who were still racing. He devastated some of the very intense battles we had for positions, and wouldn't leave after I told him twice, in a nice manner, that his 'style of play was not appreciated in my room'. Instead, this moron even had the nerve to answer my message by saying 'what can you do about it?' !!! What a crackhead. I told him what I can do: leave the room and take my friends with me (which actually included everybody in the room except him :P) to a new, friends only room.
Anyway, things like that make me wish there was a kick option...
So, if you come across WildWise online, you have been warned.

kanar
28th December 2008, 11:45 PM
thanks to luxoflux for kicking my *ss 12 times. LOL, I need training.

djKyoto
29th December 2008, 12:10 AM
Cheers for the races haydn, wellington, luxo, kgb, etc.

On that 8 race tourney after haydn left, I think you guys turned on me, I got eliminated in 4 of the last 5 races. You guys are so mean! :frown:

On the upside, I smashed my SB Rev WR twice.

OBH
29th December 2008, 12:04 PM
1.57.24 is pretty damn fast :):beer

I thought i could catch the previous one, after finally nailing what racing lines I was meant to be doing and got 3rd... but the bars been raised ever so slightly now!!

Its Wellingtons Chenghou Reverse im worried about being there for aaaages. I had first with a 2.00.44 about 3 weeks ago. How am I going to get lower than 1.58.14 :paperbag:eek

stin
29th December 2008, 04:30 PM
Some news for you guys, I`m now officially as stin_wz, no change here!:P but most importantly, my son is huteer on HD, so you will recognise him eventually and I have to warn you guys, he is also a dangerous player!:cold
Trust me on this one.

Btw, he is only 12yrs old!

stevie:pc

TheFrostE
29th December 2008, 04:44 PM
WELLINGTON! you must not say this is your first experience with WO! too fast. do you race almost every race with perfect laps?! good races guys , even though i am racing like garbage lately. i fear im just no good anymore

Axel
29th December 2008, 05:00 PM
There was a tournament with you guys I was in a couple of nights ago. Even though I came last in every race, I smashed all my records. Now thats saying something about the level of quality the Zoners here have. Astonishing TBH. Glad to be racing with you guys, competition has never been so good :)

Wellington86
30th December 2008, 02:10 AM
@TheFrostE, I fully completed Wip3out (possibly more than once actually) and absolutely loved it. I also bought and played Fusion, but I stopped playing it before I completed it. The thing is that there were six or seven years between the last time I played Fusion and when I began playing HD, and at no time has it felt as though I'm re-learning something I used to be able to do, especially since the physics etc have no doubt changed a lot since then as well. I've had to learn it from scratch, which is why I can talk about a time when I was useless at HD and thought I would never even get the Platinum, let alone be competing for records.

As for perfect laps, I don't know if I regularly get them because I don't really pay attention to them. As you will know very fast times can be attained regardless of scraping the sides every lap. My guess is that the answer to your question is no, I don't finish most races with 5 perfect laps (or even 3).

To everyone who I have raced in recent days my thanks for all the great racing. It's been a very busy Christmas period for the Wipeout addicts. May it continue!

TheFrostE
30th December 2008, 04:03 AM
truly a crazy pilot , and hats off to a fellow feisar pro pilot. racing you against my very own team has inspired me to take on the TT boards with my XL favorite Qirex. dedicated to my best wipeout bud who lives about 30 minutes from me and accompanied me to the last WO convention in VT Ag Wolf 2097. i know you dont have a ps3 but im going to do the purple brick proud for a little bit!

again thank you everybody for the races today, and another thanks to wellington for pushing that much harder on the track to inspire others :) !

chboing
30th December 2008, 09:03 AM
100% agree TheFrostE, wellington is just a level upper than everybody was in the room yesterday.
you can see his feisar during quite some time until the first smash into a wall, and then, you can kiss him goodbye cause he didnt crashed, and probably wont till the end of the race.

i was quite proud to finish a tournament second behind him with all the really good player around !

:bat < wellington's modified feisar

oh, and btw, the room was perfectly driven wellington, i love when you play weapons first, and then an Avalon race on the same track (maybe Kanar should copyright this term before all the wipeout scene use it for free ;) )

eLhabib
30th December 2008, 09:40 AM
Big thanks to djKyoto, Wotan, Zoth-Ommog, stin, Xtriko and some others for the wonderful morning session we just shared - very cool races! :+

KIGO1987
30th December 2008, 03:08 PM
blackwiggle was PM alot, to join. But i couldnt find the fuking room, arrrrhhhh! Maybe next time:D

Any of you guys in the Perth area for NYE? Cause im doing this pis up thing. You are all welcome, just PM, ill give you the heads up. Havent meet any you guy AND chicks yet. Itll be good have a yarn over a few drinks:D

Wellington86
30th December 2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks FrostE and chboing for the generous comments. chboing, as I recall I only beat you by three points in that tournament! I remember you raced strong races on the last two tracks.

And yes, the weapons on then off format is directly influenced by Kanar's Avalon (at least when I'm doing it), lol. So all credit to him for that, :lol.

Rapier Racer
30th December 2008, 05:22 PM
I (and some other 'Zoners in my room) encountered a special kind of idiot player today: his name was WildWise,

Yep, sitting facing the wrong way 4 out of 5 laps just after the triple speed pads on Sebenco reverse, dick, wheres all the plasmas when you need one?

KIGO1987
30th December 2008, 05:31 PM
I meet a character like that yesterday on Moa Therma. Fuktard was hanging tight on the mag strip just after the finishing grid. Cnt was firing rockets and plasma from a stationary position. He stayed in my room for sometime. Forgot his username though. Other than that the other races where good.

BARTgai
30th December 2008, 06:33 PM
Just picked up my ps3 the other day (Yay!) and played a few online races before the connection went out :frown: I must say though , online is very smooth and a ton of fun :D

I'll try to get on later today, depends if my internet wants to be nice to me :bomb

feel free to add me (psn: BARTgai)

stin
30th December 2008, 10:59 PM
That was hellva weird connections tonight!!.

Alot of great intense races tonight.

First of all are, Bloody Hellfire:P, asa, kgb1971 and few guys, thanxs.:banzai

see ya tomorrow.

Feisar31
31st December 2008, 02:42 AM
That was hellva weird connections tonight!!.

Yeah I was in a tournament with Wellington, Hellfire, kgb1971, and others I can't remember; when loading the next race I got some error message and was kicked to the main menu! :mad: I couldn't connect to the main server for a few minutes, but everything was fine after that.

Thanks to those above as well as Greenix, radiumx, hn9354, and more for some tough races tonight.

Greenix
31st December 2008, 02:56 AM
Tell me about it.. I was on and off wipeout pretty much all day. Must have been kicked off and had 'this account is already logged in' shoved in my face about 13 times... luckily im not superstitious. Ruins the experience and certainly put me in a feisaring bad mood when i was on par for getting a new record on Sol 2 and the dam thing kicked me right infront of the finish line :bomb Still, SL has been very good up until now so i shall give them time... to those I actually managed to race: thanks :+

KGB
31st December 2008, 09:56 AM
We were having a real good ding dong last night/this morning when i got cut off for the third time. Generally its a very good connection so i won't complain too much.

Wellington: Thanks for the tip, took .5 sec off sol 2 reverse SL.( and it was far from perfect).

Radiumx: It will be interesting to race you when you are good at HD.lol

Feisar31: I think you are going to be very,very good.

Greenix: You crack me up, and owned me as usual.

Is Radiumx even a member here?

eLhabib
31st December 2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks to Andybob, Greenix, chboing, ak_furtif, Cerium, and some others for the last session of 2008! Fun times - see you all in 2009!

Btw, Cerium, big props for your Piranha flying skills. That sure is one fast fish you pilot!

H3avyM3tal
31st December 2008, 02:22 PM
Well now I have to race you people more (and lose).
Hey, how about this:

"Losing: It's the only way to fly"

Should stick it on my Icaras until that day comes that I feel it is not so shameful:beer
Seriously now, I am still 5 seconds behind the top racers on the record tables, however I am keeping getting bettering. Err sorry(ing). Just need to play more, as I can play only on weekends. The good thing about it is that whenever I get home I seem to race more and more capable pilots!

Keep it up zoners!

zeeZ
31st December 2008, 04:21 PM
In case there's some butt kicking going on tonight, drop me a message on PSN with time and zone, possibly even add me.

Dress code for this night shall range from totally drunk to completely wasted

rdmx
1st January 2009, 12:51 AM
Is Radiumx even a member here?
Why hello there :P

KGB
1st January 2009, 10:58 AM
Haha, never noticed your Psn name before, sorry about that.
Hope we race again soon.

stin
1st January 2009, 01:43 PM
Managed to play with Mad-Ice, alot of close races huh?;), also played with Osma-Bin-Haydn, Hn53(jap player), KBG1971 and other players I can`t remember.(sorry)

KIGO1987
1st January 2009, 04:58 PM
You forgot me you bastard, lol.

That was some crazy stuff in that full house Mad-Ice was hosting, these races are getting tighter and tighter each time, with more draws occuring, like with me and Greenix on Moa Therma. So many nationalitys online then, from winging POMs, to leaping frogs, to multitaskers smoking a weed joint at the same as racing, to the lone skip on the track (always representing myself in the early hours in AUS, lol). But these races where just brilliant! Even if i had to combat the shtty lag i always get on my side. Looking forward for more of these fun get-togethers:)

Mad-Ice
1st January 2009, 05:15 PM
Whooooaaayeah, that was so intense, hard to survive and very close races all together! Thanks to: Kingheim, Kigo, Greenix, Wotan, Stin, Leungbok, DjManiac and to you all who I forgot, sorry.

Greetz and I hope to be there sooner then later.

TheFrostE
1st January 2009, 05:31 PM
rang in the new year with a nice video chat with arnaud and then after a some beer and brief intermission we were battling on the track with greenix and others for wipeout supremacy until 3 am here! thanks for the great races everybody in 2008 ...MORE EXTREME RACES IN 2009!!!!!!!

Greenix
1st January 2009, 05:33 PM
I had lag aswell so you weren't the only one, but on this occasion I think it helped make the races more chaotic. Weapons from other players appeared randomly and with poor timing and this made it all unpredictable. I remember going over the pad, receiving nothing, flying into a bomb that appeared from nowhere and then right after I finally recieved the weapon (typically a shield)... pure mayhem :dizzy
(im just glad that everyone was in ghost form or I would have died even more from shunting.)

Also had some great races with Asa, froste and KGB yesterday/this morning so big thumbs up to you guys...
Did you ever get your ship repaired after the fatal plasma froste ? :D

TheFrostE
1st January 2009, 06:03 PM
that was the most epic plasma i ever been eliminated by....

scenario: sebenco reversed, going down into the ice tunnel i hit greenix with a nicely locked missile right before the triple speed pad. as i BR down the hill into the speed pads, i see him sitting on side of track with plasma charging, i hit my BR and as i nail the three speed pads i fly by greenix but right into his pefectly timed plasma and BOOM debris and blood and screaming everywhere....lets just say i didnt beat him that time :(. but was so awsome

stin
1st January 2009, 06:46 PM
You forgot me you bastard, lol.

Oops!, was that you in the first place this morning?:paperbag, maybe, too much sleep for me.

Too drunk to play tonight but I will be back to normal tomorrow.:)

stevie:banzai

Greenix
2nd January 2009, 03:47 AM
Thanks to Welly, Convanar and a few others for some tight races :+
Even got to match Wotan's Number 1 on Chenghou Project. Think thats the first multiplayer world record to be shared :P

OBH
2nd January 2009, 02:08 PM
Kingheim mate... youve given me a right hiding the ls few days. I wish i could really get to grips with Eg-X, in capable hands its so fast. :paperbag

I was certain Pirahna was the way forward for me.... though your close to single handedly destroying that idea :eek:cold

KGB
3rd January 2009, 10:04 AM
Funny one last night, as i entered a room with 6 or 7 French pilots. I could of swore the room went quiet for a moment (needle scratches across record).
Anyway we had some great races with a nice little tournament at the end.

Cheers everyone :lol

stin
3rd January 2009, 10:51 AM
Haha!, I did exactly that last night. I entered in that room and my thoughts are "Oops, did I entered in the wrong place and a wrong time, thinking french guys would swore in french dialogue!", so I hastily left without being feared:cold.

Please don`t hit me!:paperbag

Anyway, this morning, I decided to play online and hell, full house right away, well nearly.

Played with WFRO(sorry just the right time;)), then Wotan! where did you come from?, I did not seen you!!!:blarg, are you on stealth!

stevie:D

Greenix
3rd January 2009, 12:56 PM
the french room games were mad! You need a sign saying 'Danger, Enter at own Risk' with those guys piloting!

guillaume
4th January 2009, 12:21 PM
I was able to borrow the PS3 from work for my last days of holidays and it's a blast! :g
Thanks to stevie, Greenix, Alejess, KGB1971, Feisar31, Tomeru, Luxoflux and a few others I forgot, sorry.
And a special to Mad-Ice, it's the first time I've played HD online with someone I met in real life and it was great fun! Thanks mate, I tried to be the fastest I could!

I'm Fro on the PSN, I don't post much here but I read a lot. So if you see a friend request from me, I'm not a complete stranger and I'll try to be as competitive as I can! :)

Tomorrow I need to bring back the PS3, I'll only be able to play at lunch breaks, poor me... ;)

Hope to race you all online soon!

zeeZ
4th January 2009, 03:37 PM
After failing so hard yesterday (I picked up EVERY SINGLE mine/bomb) and my insane amount of suck today (I hit a wall, got boosted way up to the ceiling, got stuck there until I blew up) I guess I need a short break...

Seriously, I call sabotage! It's 2009 and suddenly my airbreakes don't work properly, I grind to a full stop every time I get hit by something and a slight touch to the wall makes me pull an Icaras.

Had some great times this weekend, well, didn't actually see most of you guys because you were always about 10 seconds ahead, but I guess that's actually a good thing.. When I got close to KGB1971 he eliminated me by simply ramming me after I got hit by that filthy wave of doom... and then instantly again died to his mines. Again.

They should let me use that Zone craft in races, I got used to that one..

Mad-Ice
4th January 2009, 03:37 PM
Yes Guillaume it was very cool and we will miss during all the other weekends. Be sure to buy a PS3 of your one! And btw your PSN is wzFRO.

See you soon, maybe in Paris the 14th, 15th of this month?

KGB
4th January 2009, 03:42 PM
Don't tell me that was your first time on HD Guillaume!
I was wondering where you had sprung from,

Edit: just seen your post zeeZ. Sorry about that :lol I'm generally quite unaggressive.

OBH
4th January 2009, 03:46 PM
i just witnessed wellington beating my long standing vk reverse time by a massive 8 tenths.....

2 races, about 20 bombs / mines, and 4 explosions later... i did what ive never done and i threw a hissy fit and turned off the ps3 :)

and i thought it was going to be my day after some good sl improvents!... damn.... still cant work out what ship i should be flying..

KIGO1987
4th January 2009, 05:55 PM
FM! New Wipeout HD Avatar i saw, nice:)

Spent a very long time on Wipeout HD online then, it commenced with my old Pulse mate Micky doing a few races then it went for hours after that as i was hosting. Then the server pulled a Vista on my arse, an i got a disconnected error Message, arhhh! Great racing with my sister ship out there, also versing the 3 englishman Anab35, Greeny and Wellington, would ive proved/discovered who was immortal by eliminating his blue arse on Metropia earlier, lol.

guillaume
4th January 2009, 09:43 PM
See you soon, maybe in Paris the 14th, 15th of this month?
What's happening then? :?:

Don't tell me that was your first time on HD Guillaume!
Oh no I've played before, but not with someone I knew :)

KGB
4th January 2009, 09:58 PM
Don't think Ive raced you guillaume/wzFRO before last night, have they been hothousing you somewhere in deepest France?

I like your avatar as well, might have to get one of those.

Edit: I now have one of those :rock

Wellington86
5th January 2009, 02:12 AM
Met with another nuisance today, like the one eLhabib mentioned. In acrooklyn's room (which had previously been Connavar's) it eventually got down to just him, Feisar31 and me. Mid-way through a tournament a player called campb292 decided he'd had enough of losing and began to sit on the track in every remaining race waiting to shoot or otherwise sabotage us. On AP reverse he even sat his ship next to his own bomb at the very narrow part of the track and since his ship was somehow not a ghost he ensured there was no way past. acrooklyn somehow never noticed him (lol) but Feisar was killed outright by him and I was indirectly killed because of him at least twice. We need some kind of report system!

Anyway, I did a lot of racing today with a lot of people. Thanks to all.

Feisar31
5th January 2009, 04:13 AM
Yeah Wellington, although I didn't see the bomb thing on Anulpha I did notice that guy being a headache. Can't understand some people!

But I was getting frustrated enough at my own inconsistency tonight. In the last tournament with djKyoto, amazingly I had gotten out in front on the first Anulpha forward race when I botched the BR off the bridge in spectacular fashion, ramming into the wall and bouncing back to a complete stop. I wish I could have waved at you guys as you zoomed past. :dizzy

Anyway, cheers to everyone I raced with this weekend, including the very fast wzFro! :beer

guillaume
5th January 2009, 07:57 AM
Don't think Ive raced you guillaume/wzFRO before last night, have they been hothousing you somewhere in deepest France?
Yes, in a dark castle with Master Asayyeah :g

Seriously though, I play online at work, which means 1pm to 2pm monday to friday, french time (GMT+1 I believe). That's not the usual gaming hours for european players, that must be why we never raced before.
EDIT: because I'm an addict, I sometimes play after work too, between 6pm and 7pm. :)

Cerium
5th January 2009, 09:33 AM
Heh...? I'm curious what type of job you have that affords you the opportunity to play a PS3 while on the job. :)

guillaume
5th January 2009, 10:22 AM
Video game company ;)
And I play during lunch breaks.
Ooh, there's one in about 10 minutes!
And yes, I sometimes post during work hours.
But with internet at work, who wouldn't, mmh? :)

EDIT: lunch break over, head and stomach all dizzy, thank you blackwiggle, jjpap, stin_wz, must get back to work. :)

yeldar2097
5th January 2009, 01:26 PM
the joys of still having 22 weeks a year of holiday...

rushin
6th January 2009, 02:04 PM
i play at work, but i try to be strict and limit it to an hour a day at most, dont get me started on how much time i spend aimlessly wandering the net reading stuff though..

somewhat luckily i get to work from home whenever i want, which turns out to be 90% of the time ;-)

Cerium
6th January 2009, 05:01 PM
Yikes... played a bunch of games today which closer resembled some of my first races ever; yet I still managed to anger someone enough to send me hate mail (Narx88 ). If only you could filter by the games your friends are in rather than just the ones they create...

Also got a couple of games against a pretty fast American I've not seen around here (magneux or something). Hopefully he accepts the invite. :)

kanar
6th January 2009, 07:28 PM
-3 days:cold
ExclusiveTeaser1 (http://files.filefront.com/airstrike1AVI/;12891605;/fileinfo.html)
ExclusiveTeaser2 (http://files.filefront.com/airstrike2AVI/;12891672;/fileinfo.html)

micky1984
6th January 2009, 07:30 PM
Well thanks to every one in that action packed tourny today every race was amazingly tense, thanks to leungbok, froste, luxoflux and others i cant remember. Havnt had races like that in a long time so thanks all :)

Connavar
6th January 2009, 11:13 PM
Had a pretty horrible lag tonight, game disconnecting me several times :frown:
Still great games hosted by Wellington86 with kingheim, Greenix, Danterich,
imre92, z1r0rEi, Yoshikamitsu...

Sorry again for disconnecting after the first race in the tournament.
We'll play again I'm sure!

Tordmulen
7th January 2009, 07:56 AM
I just want to say that I really enjoyed the session last night with emwu23, JJPAP, Toastor, KIGO1987 , a french auricom player (whose name I cant remember) and others that dropped by.

Its good to see which tracks one needs to practice more on.

JJPAP
7th January 2009, 08:26 AM
Thx for good races with Yomismi, Andybob, Evolite, Tordmulen and others last night. See you on the tracks.
Oh, I almost forgot Wellington86 (maybe because I didn´t see much of him!): You really did some fabolous times on several tracks. Thumbs up.

guillaume
7th January 2009, 12:05 PM
Good races again today, with KGB1971, Wotan998, Aka-sho, hn9354 (a fast japanese player), and surely others. Thanks all!

Wellington86
7th January 2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah thanks for the races Connavar and JJPAP, I hosted for quite a long time yesterday and it was an enjoyable session, although the early races featured Evolite giving up on almost every track and eventually starting to interfere with the race once we lapped him. Thanks to everyone else, particularly kingheim with whom I had lots of close races (as usual!).

And yes JJPAP I beat a couple of my own records yesterday (one of them by a very large margin) and I had the satisfaction of bringing djKyoto's long-standing time at the top of the SC reverse multiplayer leaderboard to an end, for now anyway :P.

OBH
7th January 2009, 03:46 PM
Youve taken SC Reverse too? For god sake, id had my eyes on that for ages! ;)

Im sure a certain djkyoto is pissed :lol:lol

KGB
7th January 2009, 05:10 PM
Just played in Greenix's room and the lag was awful, i must of flown over countless weapon pick-ups without getting a single one or if one did appear it was after a 10 sec delay. I don't often play that early, so i don't know if it's a time of day thing or not, but if that's what it is like all the time then i would have to stop playing as it was infuriating. I lost by a country mile which made it even worse :frown:.

To cap it all off i actually had a shield before i even set off on sol2 rev but i won that (;) KIGO) so that's ok.

Cerium
7th January 2009, 05:14 PM
PSN has been having issues today. I was playing an 8-player race on Chengou reverse and... well... a transcript would probably work best.

* player leaves *
* player leaves *
* player leaves *
"Weird. Wonder why everyone is leaving..."
* player leaves *
* player leaves *
"Odd."
* player leaves *
* player leaves *
* You have been signed out of the Playstation Network *
"Ohhhh..."

KGB
7th January 2009, 06:05 PM
If people are experiencing this all the time then i feel bad for them. It ruined, what was a really good room full of great pilots for me, I don't mind losing at all, there will be plenty of people on this forum that will testify to that.

But it changes the results of the races for everybody and gets everyone more than a little angry. On the few occasions that i did get into the lead, trying to fend Greenix, KIGO, Evolite, Luxoflux and Acrooklyn off takes more than a little skill, the odd weapon would of been nice to (I know everyone was having problems mind).

Anyway I'm being a bad loser, ill go back to playing at 2AM.

Cheers for the races everyone anyway :lol

blackwiggle
7th January 2009, 09:07 PM
KGB1971 ....The lag and non functioning weapon pads usually happens when you have players from all over the world [EU,US,AUS] all playing the same race.

I had it 2 out of 9 races with Leunbok,micky1984,KIGO1987 etc the other night.

We in Australia suffer it quite often when playing EU hosted races,if it's not that it's the occasional extra floaty type handling of the craft or somebody seems to get an EXTREME boost start.
A PITA.

Connavar
7th January 2009, 10:25 PM
^ I just had tons of those non functioning weapon pads, during a tournament.
It was really annoying cause I avoided speed pads and did a few BRs knowing
that I would get a weapon, but didn't...
The nice part is that the same pads are affected, so if you can identify them
during the first lap, you "just" need to remember which ones are useless, for
the remaining laps.

Also had twice the super boost start, but it's not too bad because at the end of
the race, positions are going to be readjusted, it's an advantage for the first
player for sure (assuming he's the only one with the super boost) because he can
essentially race without being disturbed, but if you're a close 2nd you're going
to win the race!

guillaume
8th January 2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you blackwiggle, Aka-sho, Danterich, KGB1971, hn9354, for some very close races!
Sol 2 was a real battlefield!! :g

blackwiggle
8th January 2009, 02:03 PM
Sure was, first 6 places within 1.8 sec of each other.

Close one on Moa Therma as well.;)

Aka-Sho had the fastest start every time,must fuel up with nitrous.:o

Twice I kept getting 2 weapon pads on Ubermall that just would not give me the weapons......arraggh!:turd

guillaume
8th January 2009, 03:28 PM
Happened to me too a few times. That's what you get when european, australian and japanese players race together... We need fiber optics :banzai

Laeke
8th January 2009, 08:50 PM
Met KIGO1987 tonight. Well... we were in the same lobby, but not on the same planet. You are fast, sir. I was a bit ashamed by my results (esp. on reverse tracks where I couldn't run well to save my life), but I didn't expect to be able to hold a candle anyway.

Wellington86
9th January 2009, 03:04 AM
Had great fun in Kaori's room tonight. Only Triakis, Auricom and Piranha allowed! It was an excellent way to shake things up :lol.

Also enjoyed some crazy tournaments with more Wipeout Arena guys in EPSILON's room, thanks everyone for waiting all that time while kingheim and I finished that other tourney.

Ended with some tournies in Tordmulen's room. You've hosted good games on a number of occasions recently, so thanks for that! And thanks of course to everyone I raced. See you all at Avalon I'm sure.

Feisar31
9th January 2009, 04:43 AM
Yep, cheers to Tordmulen, Wellington, kgb1971, Judus, and anyone else I forgot for some more tough tournaments tonight. Let me add a special hello to whoever hit me with a quake as I was approaching the first gap on Vineta: I deployed my mines right after it hit so there was a nice arc showing my descent into the darkness... :bat

I'm looking forward to more intense races this weekend! :+

kanar
9th January 2009, 12:33 PM
-1H30... I'll begin alone, with my own little tiny skills. So please be nice with me, haven't been online for... a month (strictly feeding myself with SL, not enough gaming time) so I won't be a fantastic challenger. But just wait for tonight 21:00 lol. Asa will help me to host something better! I hope to race you all this week-end. By the way, just to remind you : 3 races per track, phantom, only the third with guns. More guns later lol.
I don't care about finishing 6 or 7 or 8. I've organized this meeting for fun. Of course there's "records", but I just want to share some races with you guys, nothing else. There will be fast pilots for sure, but from the 1st to the last place, we will share the same feeling : wipeout Hd is awesome!

(was talking about that) http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5559

KIGO1987
9th January 2009, 02:35 PM
Met KIGO1987 tonight. Well... we were in the same lobby, but not on the same planet. You are fast, sir. I was a bit ashamed by my results (esp. on reverse tracks where I couldn't run well to save my life), but I didn't expect to be able to hold a candle anyway.

Yeah i remember you on the track. I recall you where the guy with the Wipeout 3 Avatar from WZ. Always good to see more newbies on the track:)

kanar
9th January 2009, 04:13 PM
.....& it ended with a superb psn freeze (you, guillaume lol). Sorry to everyone's involved. Wasn't a warm up. That was awesomely dirty. Wellington is already on fire. See you later 20:30 with Monsieur Asayyeah. A huge thanks to everyone!
I mean : youareFubar, smoovie-T, leezy155, spiderwomen419, tarquinFarqhuar, Albygrox, dacl38, kingheim, JJmiller, omnislash76, colorblindcrow, jmoid, stinkleroy, Wellington86, nalguedo, Haydn, kgb1971, emwu23, tef1, z1r0rEi, gresselighting, nelson1978, mic-dk900, danterich, amorbis, wzfro (guillaume), loganthedog, lory1969vr, unk75...

Asayyeah at my house tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:hyper:guitar :beer:burger:robot:banzai We'll be back together, at 21:00!!!

Avenger2197
9th January 2009, 05:10 PM
A big thanks to Guillaume, wellington(could you slow down a little?lol), emwu23, and others who escape me atm.

Sebenco is definitely not my strong suit AT ALL. I just can't get the hang of it. Ah well, practice, practice.

emwu23
9th January 2009, 05:31 PM
A big thanks to Guillaume, wellington(could you slow down a little?lol)
hehe thats the good one ! Anyway thx guys and Kanar we are waiting till 21 00

stin
9th January 2009, 07:24 PM
Asayyeah at my house tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whaaaaaat!!!!, but I can advise you mate, hide your precious white AND black neggy somewhere safe....;)

Have a nice time there guys!:hyper

stevie:g

xtriko
9th January 2009, 07:57 PM
Kanar! I'm already hitting the William Lawson's bottle! eheheheh how's you Jack Daniels? XD and Stin, how's Stella? you drunky pilots!!! see you in a few minutes! :D

kanar
10th January 2009, 12:48 AM
we're back for more, 2h47 here, we don't care, but we enjoy!!!!!!!! cheers from asa & me

Connavar
10th January 2009, 09:31 PM
Damn REALLY sorry guys, my internet is very unstable at the moment.
(Several people on this forum know how bad it is sometimes, like when we tried to get the bling brigade trophy!)
And now that I'm writing that it seems to be fine, I'll try 1 more game then I guess :)

edit: broke again :( not my day (actually not my night, it worked fine during the day)

Avenger2197
11th January 2009, 04:33 AM
Wow! I am still reeling from some the races I had with boo4ever, AG-wolf, and emwu23. Boo4ever, that plasma is still stinging! Guess I'll have to break out the duct-tape to repair my ship!lol

Avalon was fun earlier too. I couldn't paticipate for as long as i wanted, but had some, sorta nice runs though. Keep up the great work, Kanar! Be back for more tomorrow, when I can.

BARTgai
11th January 2009, 07:06 AM
few great races earlier with ag-wolf, emwu23, and some others i can't remember. you guys have some leet piloting skills! :+ keep it up! :)

mdhay
11th January 2009, 07:39 AM
Oh, now you get HD and I lose mine! :(

emwu23
11th January 2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks for races wich took place over the weekend : Avalon crew again it was great fun and tough, GTP_Rorchach,osama-bin-haydn,boo4ever,AVENGER2097,klocki_LEGO,Daguet_Rapi de, Darkdrium777,Wotan,Wellington,Ag-Wolf,BARTgai,guillaume and many more i dont remember. THX

kaori
15th January 2009, 01:23 PM
5 little tournaments (4 races) yesterday with Wotan, leungbok, Akro2, Wellington & Soccermom. We have taken the same ship at every tournament, Piranha, Mirage, Goteki45 avalon, Feisar & Auricom. Wotan won for one little point on Wellington. Thanks all for sharing my crazy tournaments!

Wellington86
15th January 2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks kaori for those tournaments! I didn't know you were scoring the whole lot. I can't believe I lost by one measly point, I can think of at least two utterly stupid mistakes I made that would have made up that shortfall.

One was in the Auricoms on Sol 2 when I had rockets on the start/finish straight with one lap to go and behind Wotan, and somehow I missed him! Even worse, in the Gotekis on the last lap of Ubermall I had exactly 30 health left and decided to do two BRs, gambling that I could get round the nasty S bend without touching the sides. You can guess what happened there, lol. It hurts knowing such a foolish decision cost me the win!

I quite liked the Goteki though (I got most of Livery Liberation in Zone mode, so I've almost never used some ships). In that tournament, at least, it seemed that the 100 thrust is more use than I thought, and the slow top speed makes it a bit better at cornering than the Icaras.

Congratulations to Wotan on a deserved win. And thanks to everyone, I'd be up for doing this again some time.

guillaume
16th January 2009, 11:57 AM
Just finished a really nice online session with JJPAP, it was great fun! Thanks mate :)
trentdf and HISHO-JP joined at the end, to make things harder. thx to you too!

JJPAP
16th January 2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it was real fun, wzFro. But I´m a bit worried: You play too much and eat too little during your lunchbreaks. From me to you::burger and :coffee. See you on the tracks.

Soccermom
17th January 2009, 03:05 AM
5 little tournaments (4 races) yesterday with Wotan, leungbok, Akro2, Wellington & Soccermom. We have taken the same ship at every tournament, Piranha, Mirage, Goteki45 avalon, Feisar & Auricom. Wotan won for one little point on Wellington. Thanks all for sharing my crazy tournaments!

Cheers, Kaori!
Those tournaments were so much fun. As I also told you, it opened up a whole new game for me. I had less than 300 loyalty points in all of the crafts except for Feisar and if it hadn't been for this event, I would have been too lazy to try them out.
Now I am considering changing to Piranha or Mirage, in which I felt really comfortable. Auricom is just too much of a truck for me and I don't understand how some of you can throw that ship around the tracks :o

Anyway, thanks a lot ... it really was an eye-opener for me. I hope you will host a similar event again soon.

Cerium
17th January 2009, 04:42 AM
Now I am considering changing to Piranha or Mirage...

Do it for the fish!

OBH
20th January 2009, 12:36 AM
good stuff today.
saturnreturn, ewmu23, feisar31, and imre92 - your fast.

though i realised today why no one can find osama... hes not hiding, hes just too damn fast! ;)

guillaume
20th January 2009, 11:45 AM
I was having nice tough races with haydn, imre92 and reach-big7, a fast japanese player, when I had this happen:
80710092 - "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network"
And now I can't join HD's servers...

So, sorry guys, and thanks for the races! :)

OBH
20th January 2009, 11:51 AM
wait your wzFfro? :) awesome.

reach -big7 is a great racer

SaturnReturn
20th January 2009, 11:18 PM
good stuff today.
saturnreturn, ewmu23, feisar31, and imre92 - your fast.

though i realised today why no one can find osama... hes not hiding, hes just too damn fast! ;)

Don't forget modest, too damn modest as well :p

Not too fast for the quake though are we now? :D

OBH
21st January 2009, 01:02 AM
yeah i swear youve killed me every other race. mainly quakes at god aweful times, or a bomb left on ubermall rev chicane.

i need to get some packback....... so try catching up so i can shoot you! ;):beer

pirahpac
21st January 2009, 05:42 AM
and not to fast for his tt or sl ;;im modest:lol

guillaume
21st January 2009, 12:11 PM
Great (but too short) session with Paradoxx, trentdf, osama-bin-haydn, micky1984 and OLOuk!!

Haydn, I don't know if mirage has low shields or if you're a careless racer, but you sure like to blow up ;)

I should really do speed lap sessions to improve my racing lines, but when you get that kind of fun racing online and you can only play about one hour a day, it's hard to go offline :)

OBH
21st January 2009, 02:12 PM
Haydn, I don't know if mirage has low shields or if you're a careless racer, but you sure like to blow up ;)

careless racer :beer
if one of the trophies was for flying with low shield id have got it aaages ago.
The amount of quakes that blow me up as im trying for big times, forcing br after br is just ridiculous.

IH8YOU
21st January 2009, 02:56 PM
The amount of quakes that blow me up as im trying for big times, forcing br after br is just ridiculous.

THAT, is precisely my problem with Sebenco. Too many BR opportunities, too few shields. I wish you could over ride the warning chime, because after a while, I just want my music back, because I KNOW the shields won't be going up.

On that note - does anyone else here think of an open-door car-chime when shields are low?

lunar
21st January 2009, 03:01 PM
I didn`t before, but I do now. Thanks ;)

I definitely don`t get eliminated enough online. I`m far too cautious and there are no real talented killers playing Wipeout these days. :D

Cerium
21st January 2009, 04:04 PM
You need to sit in some of the races I'm in... Even the shields on my Piranha are barely holding out after a single lap. I usually have to spend most of the 2nd and 3rd laps recharging to keep from being eliminated. :D

blackwiggle
21st January 2009, 07:57 PM
After racing some of these guys a few times, you learn that being out in front at the start is not always that a good a place to be.
It's rare that you can get away without getting hit and falling back,depending where you are sitting on the starting grid [and who you are racing against],sometimes it's better to miss the start slightly and be the shooter rather than the target.
You a gambling that the front runner doesn't pick up a turbo on the first or second weapons pad [they usually don't]

guillaume
23rd January 2009, 03:05 PM
Hello there! :)

Phantom SR session for the next hour and a half (until about 17h30 GMT), please join if you see this message in time and are interested!
PSN is wzFro.

yeldar2097
23rd January 2009, 03:21 PM
yeah mandem! see you there!

guillaume
23rd January 2009, 04:34 PM
Hehehehe!! :D

Great fun!!

Thanks Zoth, Yeldar, Xtriko, Danterich, Cerium, Avenger, oolproo (are you on the zone?), ... (dammit, who am i forgetting? sorry :(;)), thanks everyone else who joined!! :g

Race you all soon!

xtriko
23rd January 2009, 05:01 PM
Great races but i didn't have much fun... BRUTAL HANG OVER XD my hear hurts, I already pukked, my eyes are killing me and those barrel rolls on cockpit view were being my dead sentence lol but thanks for the invite my friend :)

Danterich
23rd January 2009, 06:01 PM
THAT, is precisely my problem with Sebenco. Too many BR opportunities, too few shields. I wish you could over ride the warning chime, because after a while, I just want my music back, because I KNOW the shields won't be going up.

On that note - does anyone else here think of an open-door car-chime when shields are low?

hey BR-fanatics:dizzy. look into audio-options. There might be a solution ;)

Darkdrium777
23rd January 2009, 06:02 PM
open door car chime: yes. :lol

KIGO1987
24th January 2009, 11:37 AM
just had the most ****ing awesome online tournament then. It featured Greenix, Kyoto, GTP_Ros, and Aka. Not sure why it was such a good series of races, must be the combination of the cooler weather, just having a 500ml mother and have the best Trance beats shaking the **** through the house during those races, ****ing loved it, looking forward to it again :g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g :g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g:g
Now time to race Leungbok.

Asayyeah
25th January 2009, 02:27 AM
Got a true blast session along this past evenind with great friends and talented pilots from the Zone : it's started slowly for me with an incredible plasma from Luxoflux who kicked my Icaras arse on the 1st online race i was doing lol
Hopefully team Icaras did survived better than that 1st race and i really enjoyed fightin for fleeting pride :banzai

Catch you online next weekend for AVALON glory :pirate

BARTgai
25th January 2009, 02:59 AM
The few races I had with you guys were figgin insane! :lol I could barely keep up with the person in second to last place!

You guys have some real talent! :)

djKyoto
25th January 2009, 08:04 AM
Sorry I pulled out Kigo, I was nackered driving a Huge ute around all day transporting aracde equipment around Sydney, and I was making too many mistakes in the game, But I should be sweet next time. ;)

KIGO1987
25th January 2009, 10:21 AM
What type of Ute is it Kyoto? Is it good for fanging? Around the corner in the wet. Booohhhhhhh, Nen nen nen nen nheeeeeeeee!!:lol Ford Falcon Typhoon Ute or a 6.2Liter V8 Holden Ute? (Please not a Proton Jumbuck).

Nah, thats understandable. It was a bitch of a hot day in Sydney from what ive heard. Too hot to enjoy a game of Online Wipeout, without frying your brains in the process. Completely understandable. It was cooking here a few weeks back and will be again here in a few days. But youve gotta say there Kyoto those races in the room Greenix was hosting where bonkers:eek:dizzy:bomb:cowboy Sry about the leach beam on the first track of the tourny in VinetaK, BOOM!!!!

Greenix
25th January 2009, 05:03 PM
"contender eliminated" filled up most of those games yesterday. :dizzy
(Half of em were me :paperbag )
You've gotten incredibly fast since the weather cooled down where you are Kigo, although you could certainly feel the heat in those games.

KGB
26th January 2009, 02:06 AM
Had a few mini tournements with Soccermums, Wellington and Feisar31 just now, I got out before Welly turned on me :lol.

Great fun, nice to be back on at a proper time of day.

(Greenix where were you?):?

djKyoto
26th January 2009, 07:39 AM
What type of Ute is it Kyoto? Is it good for fanging? Around the corner in the wet. Booohhhhhhh, Nen nen nen nen nheeeeeeeee!!:lol Ford Falcon Typhoon Ute or a 6.2Liter V8 Holden Ute? (Please not a Proton Jumbuck).

It was just a Mitsi Tritron thingymahbob, couldn't care really, pretty gutless for a 2.7 petrol tbh.

Sry about the leach beam on the first track of the tourny in VinetaK, BOOM!!!!

My next missle will forgive you. ;)

guillaume
26th January 2009, 12:00 PM
Just finished a nice session with djKyoto, trentdf, imre92, Zoth-Ommog, TarquinFarqhuar, z1r0rei, vwyz, and a few others. Thanks everyone!

I had the pleasure to get my first plasma-kill, on trentdf.
Granted, it was on Anulpha's shorcut, so it's not like you could have gone anywhere ;)
I also had the chance to kill djKyoto. You're a way better pilot than me, but if someone's there to slow you down, you are reachable :)
All in all, a good Aussies' hunt :p

Whoever started the 8 race tournament should have waited a bit before starting it though, I don't like quitting mid-race but I didn't have a choice this time.
Race you all soon!

djKyoto
26th January 2009, 01:08 PM
Everybody's out to get me it seems. :rock

Greenix
26th January 2009, 04:35 PM
(Greenix where were you?):?

I'm sorry KGB :(
After a couple 4 race tournaments and then a 12 race tournament with Welly, Soccermums, AKRO2, Kenshiro, Tordmulen and Z1r0rEi, I was left exhasuted (who wouldn't be?) so left the ps3 to download some ps store stuff... (not to mention escaping from a revengeful Welly ;) ) Thumbs up to those involved in EPSILON / AKRO2's room yesterday, some real tense action in those races :beer

I should be on tonight, but I've been getting very tired lately (and a saw thumb!) so I don't know how long i'll be able to race for..

boo4ever
27th January 2009, 01:59 AM
had some good races / tournaments with Wellington86, kgb1971, Danterich, JJohnEames, moosemanmike, Feisar31, xtriko, and others tonight. i really enjoyed competing with so many quality pilots. i look forward to the next time.

i am new to the zone, but i recognize a lot of the names from online races. people told me i should check it, and they were right.

xtriko
27th January 2009, 06:27 AM
Welcome to the zone boo4ever! hope to race you soon :)

zeeZ
27th January 2009, 06:27 AM
I hopped in too I think, you might remember me as the one last place, cleaning up the mines and bombs :lol
Didn't have time to practice recently.. couldn't even fly straigt

chboing
27th January 2009, 01:36 PM
welcome boo4ever, i remember having some very pleasant races some days ago
fast pilot! :)

silverfoxy
28th January 2009, 03:50 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to regste-nikoras and hn9354 for the excellent races this afternoon. Chasing their tails for most of it but most enjoyable.

Decided to put some ambient chill out tunes on my soundtrack and it has definitely helped me for some reason. Even won on reverse Chenghou which I'm shockingly poor at (it was nothing to do with all the speed boosts I got honest.....)

guillaume
30th January 2009, 11:34 AM
Just had a funny "piranha experiment" with trentdf.
After using Feisar for a while, it really felt like a different game.
Once you get used to it though, I guess it must feel way better, ala pure.
Thanks mate, sorry I had to go!

OBH
2nd February 2009, 10:19 PM
finally got internet back, but its garbage. not good enough to play online..!!

been weeks since i played wo now!!

guillaume
3rd February 2009, 12:06 PM
Explosions festival today!
Thank you KGB1971, Wotan998, hn9354, imre92, and Luxoflux!!
Great races! :g

OBH
3rd February 2009, 03:57 PM
yeeeaaah internets been working.
good stuff today with imre92, oolproo, and OLOuk and hn9354

guillaume
4th February 2009, 12:05 PM
Good races with Golay today, I don't know if he's from the zone (french pilot).
Also had my first races against alterego, a good friend of Asayyeah if I'm not mistaken. It was an honor! :)

Asayyeah
5th February 2009, 12:21 PM
I delegated him all my mini-powaa to kick arses online while i can't :D
Go Romano gooooo :banzai

Anthony is not coming tomorrow for an offline session so i shall be fightin' till late in the morning online with you guys.
See ya there :)

Darkdrium777
5th February 2009, 07:36 PM
Big tournament (12 races) with KIGO, JJAP and reach-big7 (I think Saturn Return was there too)
Lots of explosions, tight endings, and good race lines :D

Good game to all :)

Also, a bunch of equally interesting single races before that. I d/ced for my first time on Chengou Reverse, but then I found SaturnReturn's room and we had good fun there too, until the big tournament. :)

SaturnReturn
5th February 2009, 08:31 PM
I didn't take part in the tournament. A bit too tired for 12 races. Plus, the truly international flavour of that room, although good to see, was lagorific.

Just had some good races against some of the guys. Did a mini 4 race tournament. Think it ended Wotan 28, JJPAP 21, Zoth-Ommog 20, Me 19. Something like that, may have it slightly wrong but it was close for 2nd, that's my point. Good stuff.

KIGO1987
5th February 2009, 09:13 PM
Big tournament (12 races) with KIGO, JJAP and reach-big7 (I think Saturn Return was there too)
Lots of explosions, tight endings, and good race lines :D

Good game to all :)

Also, a bunch of equally interesting single races before that. I d/ced for my first time on Chengou Reverse, but then I found SaturnReturn's room and we had good fun there too, until the big tournament. :)

It was too. I wonder if i choose EG-X or Triakis the results could of been different. I dont think Saturn was in that 12race tournament.