PDA

View Full Version : Did I make a mistake buying this game?

synapticflow
20th September 2008, 03:13 PM
I just bought Wipeout Pulse a few days ago. I haven't opened it yet because I haven't completed all of Wipeout Pure yet. I was also waiting for the price of Pulse to go down and I found it for $10.00 less so I went ahead and picked it up.

I have read a whole lot of glitch complaints on here; more than I ever expected to see. So am I pretty much going to have a miserable time with this game? I didn't know it had so many problems. I doubt I will ever play online, so that's not a big concern. I just hope I can actually get more enjoyment than misery out of this game.

Having it to do over again, would all of you buy this game if you knew about all these glitches?

kanar
20th September 2008, 03:23 PM
Hi synapticflow,

You did no mistakes. Pulse is great. Like each wipeout episode. You could really enjoy a phantom ride on tech de ra or platinum rush...

Darkdrium777
20th September 2008, 03:58 PM
If you've read the bug reports thread, look at the date of each posts and compare them. You'll see that even though there are some bugs, they don't happen frequently.

You made a good choice buying WipEout Pulse, it's a great game :)

ZenDJiNN
20th September 2008, 05:22 PM
If you like Pure, you'll probably love Pulse. You definitely didn't make any mistakes in the purchase of Pulse.... it's a great game, and worth every penny (Especially as you managed to get it at a reduced price) :)

DawnFireDragoon
20th September 2008, 07:50 PM
pulse is a good game, you wont regret buying it, it's smoother looking the pure and just as fun. the only glitch that repeatedly bugged me was falling through the same piece of track every lap on...er, the course where you go upside down over the previous piece of track, i forget it's name, but that bugged me. pure is better but the game's good, it's wipeout and more wipeout isn't a bad thing at all. :)

synapticflow
20th September 2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah I got it for $19.98, so I was pretty happy with that price. I'm glad for all the positive reassurance. I love Wipeout Pure. It's pretty much in my top 2 favorite PSP games ever made. I bought it on launch day and still think it's pretty much awesome and the best Wipeout ever.

I will look forward to eventually unwrapping Pulse.

infoxicated
21st September 2008, 05:35 PM
If you've suffered through the progression system in Pure, you owe it to yourself to play Pulse and enjoy probably the best progression system a WipEout game has ever had. :)

Rapier Racer
21st September 2008, 05:48 PM
I'd say it's worth buying, I'm not the games biggest fan by a long shot and I have 3 copies so...lol

GalacticSpartan
21st September 2008, 08:49 PM
Pure I agreed was awesome and was worth getting, but I got Pure from Christmas XD. Pulse is really worth it cause of all the new features it has, can`t wait for the next game they make ^^.

Harvai
22nd September 2008, 11:16 AM
Nah mate, in no way have you made a mistake. While there are a few bugs and glitches, they aren't massive and game-ruining.

Personally, I think Pulse is better, (probably because I played it first) but its still a really good game.

blixabargeld
30th September 2008, 06:17 PM
Finally back on these pages after months of silence.. All I can say about pulse is that "the bad things (about it) came last", precisely after the "stress tests" made by the professional of this site, and the advent of global cheating in online gaming (as I've heard, I've rarely experimented it). After all I think it's a good game, made probably for a wider audience than before, but as "wipeout"(adj) as the other titles of the series.. hope you'll enjoy :P