PDA

View Full Version : Ship Explosions

Rapier Racer
18th September 2008, 09:43 PM
I have to say, I don't like this new ship flames and spins onto the track way of dieing. What happened to the BANG and flying pieces when someone is eliminated??

If all deaths are like that video thats almost an 80% reduction in the enjoyment of hunting people down, as someone who enjoys knocking other players off its like no proper reward for the effort put in. :frown:

How about some downloadable patching, you can call it the classic/satisfying/proper death patch.

What does everyone else think? :banzai

rdmx
18th September 2008, 09:48 PM
Don't know about you, but isn't it more satisfying watching the ship 'wreck' over the track then watching it just dissapear?
Maybe we can have burnout style deformation of the craft upon elimination? Crumpling body panels... ooh yeah.

KIGO1987
18th September 2008, 10:02 PM
Hell yeah! That sounds sweet imagine how much fender body damage would occur during those extremely fun Avalon events. A good explosion a must in online racing. There is much satisfaction after eliminating some shithead. More to come definitely now:twisted

Chill
19th September 2008, 03:17 AM
Yeah I thought of this once back when we were thinking of the crafts being magnetic, and the body parts that are still slightly twitching on would push a craft out away from it when it did twitch on... scary stuff... haha mabye if they re-did the first Wipeout and the craft parts seem more ancient thus capable of danger...

Sch@dows
19th September 2008, 06:06 AM
I prefer the new explosion type. More realistic, and more fun to see wrecked ships on the tracks.

This post needs a poll to quickly see the whole opinion.

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 07:22 AM
I don't know if you guys noticed yet, but the burning carcass of eliminated ships stays on track for the rest of the race. I definitely prefer this to having the ship blow up in smoke. Now, every time you speed past a ship you destroyed in previous laps, you're thinking 'HA HA!' :P

Sch@dows
19th September 2008, 07:48 AM
And can you bump into ships' carcass ?

It seems there is only in Zone mode with its VR style where the ship desintegrate slowly ?

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 07:55 AM
No, you can't bump into the wrecks. You hover over them. They lie on the track and burn. It looks sweet.

Yagya
19th September 2008, 08:43 AM
is there a link to a video showing the new crashing? i've just seen the recent vids where the zone mode isn't as crazy.

Sch@dows
19th September 2008, 08:49 AM
No, you can't bump into the wrecks. You hover over them. They lie on the track and burn. It looks sweet.Erf, I guess we can not have our cake and eat it u_u, but it's true with WO speed it would have been difficult to avoid.

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 09:47 AM
No, I mean you actually hover over them. They are lying on the track. Your ship is flying a couple of meters above the track. Even if there was a collision model (which I doubt), you still wouldn't be hitting them.

Sch@dows
19th September 2008, 10:12 AM
it didn't seems to me that the ships were flying that high, but well, we will surely still be fighting against our instinct to avoid obstacles >_<

Will it be the key to win ? ...

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 10:31 AM
Check out this (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/eLhabib/wipEout%20HD/wohd_20080919_113131jpg.jpg) and this (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/eLhabib/wipEout%20HD/wohd_20080918_112528jpg.jpg) :pc
and yes, that's my Assegai in the second picture :bomb

G'Kyl
19th September 2008, 10:32 AM
Actually, I feel more like the I'm clipping through the wrecks instead of flying over them. ;)
I'm not yet sure I like them lying there for the entire rest of the race - especially since there are now FAR more eliminations (one in almost every race) than before. I mean, where's the logic if working ships can be warped back on track and wrecked pilots can't be brought to safety the same way?

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 10:34 AM
It looks cooler! ;) Best logic there is...

KIGO1987
19th September 2008, 11:19 AM
Check out this (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/eLhabib/wipEout%20HD/wohd_20080919_113131jpg.jpg) and this (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/eLhabib/wipEout%20HD/wohd_20080918_112528jpg.jpg) :pc
and yes, that's my Assegai in the second picture :bomb

Those screen shots are fkn awesome! Cant wait! Lol at the first picture at the EGX ship. Seems like that Kia exceeded its five year warrenty. Lol.

Rapier Racer
19th September 2008, 04:26 PM
*sigh* why do people want Wipeout to be 'more realistic' it's almost getting annoying having to read that over and over..

So what happens when you die? Do you get to watch the rest of the race or does it cut to photo mode?

Mad-Ice
19th September 2008, 05:17 PM
That is one freaking amazing hot Icaras you got there! The Mirage is looking sweet too, I really like the look of the cables underneath the wings, but I think the wings are coming from a very small and fragile part of the ship. I would imagine it to break with the smallest collision. Mirage is looking so much like the Goteki45 from Pure.

KIGO1987
19th September 2008, 05:19 PM
When you die. Thats depending on how **** a pilot you are... You are prob cursing at the screen... As leungbok quoted to me 'The bastard' on Arc Prime Rapier, or as i was on MSN a few weeks ago i said 'Goddam ****in cnt aaarrrrhhhh!' When i got ****ed over bad. You remember RR on MSN? Lol. More good times to come:g

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 05:37 PM
When you get eliminated (offline), you can watch the rest of the race and take pictures, yes. I don't know about online, but I reckon it would be the same there. So the first person to get eliminated will turn into the 'dedicated photographer' ;)

Darkdrium777
19th September 2008, 06:16 PM
Apparently (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rshy-yrzjh0&fmt=18) when you die online you respawn. :blarg

Rapier Racer
19th September 2008, 06:22 PM
WTF??

Someone explain this....you can turn it off right?

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 06:27 PM
WHAT THE FLYING ****?! Now this is just... wrong...
Seriously, who's the ****ing idiot that came up with that idea?! He deserves a smack in the face :bomb
This really upsets me. I'll get a petition going to have that fixed in an update ASAP! Aaaaaaargh!!! :-

EDIT: I apologize for the harsh accusations in this post - thank you Colin for providing insight into this issue (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96736&postcount=9) in the petition thread.

Lance
19th September 2008, 07:16 PM
*sigh* why do people want Wipeout to be 'more realistic' it's almost getting annoying having to read that over and over..

I want the ships to look absolutely new and clean up to the instant they're destroyed.

Colin Berry
19th September 2008, 09:16 PM
WHAT THE FLYING ****?! Now this is just... wrong...
Seriously, who's the ****ing idiot that came up with that idea?! He deserves a smack in the face :bomb
This really upsets me. I'll get a petition going to have that fixed in an update ASAP! Aaaaaaargh!!! :-

And this years academy award for the most dramatic and beautiful over reaction goes to. . . .

:)

Rapier Racer
19th September 2008, 09:20 PM
Ah that soothes the soul Lance, :banzai totally unrealistic in every possible way, just how Wipeout should be.

Chill
19th September 2008, 09:22 PM
Chill the hell out guys about the online respawn... yeah I don't like it either but grow up...

RJ O'Connell
19th September 2008, 10:30 PM
Ah that soothes the soul Lance, :banzai totally unrealistic in every possible way, just how Wipeout should be.
Which makes Barrel Rolls okay using that logic, since they're also proven to be unrealistic, amirite? :-

eLhabib
20th September 2008, 12:11 AM
And this years academy award for the most dramatic and beautiful over reaction goes to. . . .

:)

You are right, I overreacted, and I am sorry for offending the person on the receiving end. Thank you for your statement in the petition thread. Still, I sincerely hope this issue can be compromised in the future.

Sch@dows
20th September 2008, 08:56 AM
well I don't really understand the difficulty behind turning off respawn (the problem of host quitting is the same wether he is playing or he is dead, just the context which is different) but if we could turn it off in the future, I've nothing to complain for the moment.

Why the respawn is so fast is another point which bugs me (nearly no handicap for having been destroyed ?). It is even quicker than Motorstorm respawn (but which game isn't ^_~)

Chill
20th September 2008, 09:01 AM
Yeah but does it start you on a head start just like if you were to fall of the track and then respawn, or does it start you motionless... cause then you'd have to speed up...

Yes please let this not coninue, I don't like this respawning idea...

Good for you eLhabib... You the man!! ;)

KIGO1987
20th September 2008, 06:36 PM
That is one freaking amazing hot Icaras you got there! The Mirage is looking sweet too, I really like the look of the cables underneath the wings, but I think the wings are coming from a very small and fragile part of the ship. I would imagine it to break with the smallest collision. Mirage is looking so much like the Goteki45 from Pure.

Yes those two screen shots are just unbelievable. It think the way the Mirage ships structure is set up is that it would have dense heavy strong steel connection, the front of the ship to the rear pilots cabin section to achieve a low and even center of gravity. While the curved structure at the front of ship would have some light kevlar and/or polyeutherane material to contunue the correct weight balance.

Icarus looks hell sweet. If this is the most fastest ship in the game (that doesn't require a DL pack) i will be using the ship by default:g

Mad-Ice
20th September 2008, 08:35 PM
Yes indeed and it so looks like Lance his avatar!

Lance
20th September 2008, 08:45 PM
Not quite like my avatar, but pretty damned nice!

IIIIIIIICCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAASSSSSS

eLhabib
20th September 2008, 10:06 PM
Actually, Lance, the new Icaras looks like your avatar was the concept sketch for it. The front is a little beefier, but other than that, exactly the same shape. Down to the little antenna thingie under the nose. Lookie here (http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/eLhabib/wipEout%20HD/?action=view&current=wohd_20080919_113131jpg.jpg)!

Lance
20th September 2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I'd saved that pic already. :D Thanks for it. Pretty sleek alrighty. A classic design. But not the quite the right colour-scheme. Needs reddish-purple and pink. ;) And a slash of orange. Mine is even sleeker and has a bigger.... thruster. :g

Axel
20th September 2008, 11:33 PM
Lance, it looks ALOT like your avatar pic lol.

Lance
21st September 2008, 01:44 AM
My avatar is a reduced-size reproduction of an original concept sketch done for Wipeout 3. So it's ooooooold.

But great!

Yagya
21st September 2008, 07:34 AM
i still can't seem to find a video of the new crashing. seen the online crashes where it respawns you, but i wanna see offline crashes plz.

Sch@dows
22nd September 2008, 07:48 AM
Yeah but does it start you on a head start just like if you were to fall of the track and then respawn, or does it start you motionless... cause then you'd have to speed up...The video posted by Darkdrium (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=rshy-yrzjh0&fmt=18) shows it.
Since you respawn after the ship crashed and made a complete stop, you respawn without speed. But it is regain very fast.