PDA

View Full Version : Which Three tracks from Pure would you like to get as DLC for HD?

eLhabib
18th September 2008, 08:35 AM
Well, I was gonna make a poll including all Pure and Pulse tracks for vote, but polls only allow 10 choices, so I reduced the poll to just Pure tracks (because I don't like most of Pulse's tracks anyway :P).
Yes, Pure had more tracks than 10, BUT:
In order to aproach it logically, I only took real tracks, which means:
- No VR tracks (like Karbonis or Porto Kora)
- No artist's tracks (like Burgertown)
Seeing as those tracks don't fit with the real tracks, I don't see them being remade for HD anyway, since it would require having artists redefine the look of the tracks, as opposed to 'simply' (;)) re-working a complete track for HD.
Incidentally, there are exactly 10 real Pure tracks which haven't made it to HD yet!

I hope you can follow my line of thought :D
Now vote!

Oh, and I enabled multiple answers, but please vote for 3 tracks maximum - we already know you want all of these in HD ;)

lunar
18th September 2008, 09:03 AM
But... but.... I want Burgertown. And so does Mad-Ice, I suspect ;) No, really I understand your line of thought eL. No Pulse tracks is a good idea too.

Sch@dows
18th September 2008, 09:06 AM
Sorry but I don't remember every Pure tracks just from their names and the official site just displays :
Modesto Heights
Blue Ridge (need rework for reverse ... but yeah!)
Sinucit (a great fancy tracks for HD)
CittaNuova

Tracks from DLC don't havec screenshots on the official site.

Axel
18th September 2008, 09:17 AM
A list of the 10 tracks would be nice since I have forgotten them :)

eLhabib
18th September 2008, 09:23 AM
?? POLL. Top of page. ;)

Axel
18th September 2008, 09:41 AM
Dammit, when i first opened the thread it weren't there lol.

KIGO1987
18th September 2008, 11:42 AM
I would love to see Citta Nova as a remake course for an HD DL pack. Lol... This track could work if there are Mag Locks on the Chicane section of the course... Have a think about it guys.

By the way great Thread/Poll idea eLHabib. Do one for the Pulse tracks also, and possibly for the retro tracks as well. Im going to have a think about this Poll vote before i submit my prefferences.

Asayyeah
18th September 2008, 01:26 PM
Sorry Martin , i haven't read your text before polling :paperbag i made a 5 tracks choice ( Staten park, Blue Ridge, Koltiwa, Khara decent and Sinuccit for its raindrops.

Staten Park got 100% answer :O it deserves it cause it's an unbelievable track to race.

Sausehuhn
18th September 2008, 01:28 PM
Staten Park. It's a damn fast track.

Ah and Citta Nuova of course. And please don't add Magstrips to it, only get rid of that one billboard. Thanks.

Modesto and Blue Ridge are two nice tracks to race, too.

eLhabib
18th September 2008, 01:44 PM
Haha don't worry Arnaud, you had Blue Ridge in your choices, so all is well ;)
Seriously though, I mainly wrote this to keep people from checking ALL the boxes :mr-t

Sch@dows
18th September 2008, 01:59 PM
Does someone have screenshots of tracks from Exostra Run to Khara Descent ?
Thx

Darkdrium777
18th September 2008, 02:25 PM
Voted ;)

eLhabib
18th September 2008, 03:24 PM
A very special applause goes to ZenDJiNN and Task (?!) for voting on all tracks :brickwall

Sch@dows
18th September 2008, 04:38 PM
yeah !!! if at least they had vote for all minus 1 ... but like this, it is the same voting for none >_<

kaori
18th September 2008, 05:13 PM
Sinucit & Citta Nuova for an hardier gameplay.

Frances_Penfold
18th September 2008, 05:50 PM
My vote was for Staten Park, Koltiwa, and Sinucit :)

Staten Park is my favorite

KIGO1987
18th September 2008, 05:58 PM
Right ive had a good think about this. Ive even put in the old Pure UMD, and had a race on those tracks. Ive casted my vote on factors like how many corners there are, where they are, the location and the length of the straights. Also factors that incude how the race track would be on HD as well if the course is fun or irritating or not.

I voted 'no' for two remaining tracks in the 'Alpha' pack. Due to there frequent and sharp corners and due to there location also. Ive voted 'yes' for the tracks in the 'Beta' pack, because there have some long fast straights in. I stll voted 'yes' for them even though i dislike the end cornering of both tracks. Ive voted 'yes' for all remaining tracks in both 'Gamma' and 'Delta' packs, excpecially for the Delta pack, due to there well thought through designs, very fast driving/flying lines in the higher speeds and for there nice consistant flow.

Rapier Racer
18th September 2008, 06:04 PM
Shite, I also voted before reading the first post and evidently choose 6 tracks.

Sumimasen
18th September 2008, 06:15 PM
Blue Ridge, Staten Park and Exostra Run for me. My fave of those would probably be Exostra Run, as it reminds me of the vintage WO circuits.

Of course, 123Klan would be my number one choice... :nod

Tomahawk
18th September 2008, 06:22 PM
Voted! :) Nice thread eLhabib.

Lance
18th September 2008, 06:41 PM
IF I had Pure and Europacks, and IF I knew what I was talking about, I would vote for Staten Park, Card City, and BurgerTown. :D

Mad-Ice
18th September 2008, 07:44 PM
Voted for Blue Rigde, Staten Park and Koltiwa. And yes Lunar; Burgertown fan for life!!!

For Pulse: Arc Prime, Amphiseum and Gemini Dam.

Task
18th September 2008, 08:33 PM
A very special applause goes to ZenDJiNN and Task (?!) for voting on all tracks :brickwall8 D All but Citta actually! And I put a lot of thought into a couple of the others before I checked them.
Another victim of casting my vote before reading the first post in the thread. 8 P
Read the thread, went to try and change my votes, no joy. 8 (
Shoulda put "Pick any 3!" in the thread title or something! I've got my threads upside down on purpose, so the oldest post is at the bottom of the page, handy for when you're reading all the posts and only care about the two or three most recent, this is the only time it's been the opposite of helpful! 8 D

DawnFireDragoon
18th September 2008, 11:07 PM
blue ridge, in the style it appears in pure, no adding shiny shiny!

Chill
19th September 2008, 02:52 AM
I chose Blue Ridge (don't want it to go all woodsy either... I like it's current style)...

Chose Citta Nuova is a very tricky track, and I love how it fits in with the sunny-city type landscape...

And last but not least, chose Khara Descent... don't know why I liked this track so much, I think it's just cause it seemed to be Icaras' type track...

Damn... forgot their were so many tracks from pure... I freakin' love Wipeout...

cybrpnk
19th September 2008, 05:18 AM
Definitely gotta have 123Klan in HD...other than that...to be honest...I don't really know all the Pure track names off the top of my head, but Modesto Heights is up there...I kinda remember tracks by how much I have to accelerate and then how much I have to turn, airbrake, accelerate, turn, turn, airbrake...then repeat cycle...

I'm hopeless with names...this includes music...my girlfriend's always saying how cool (insert song name) is and (insert artist) is...and I would reply with is that the one that goes (insert tune)...

Egg
19th September 2008, 11:52 AM
I'd love to work with 123Klan again. I got on great with them first time round and they were pretty chuffed with the way the track turned out.

And Citta Nuova .. I'm a big fan of the sunny city style, although maybe not the corkscrew chicanes. It'd be pretty cool to do another track in that environment.

KIGO1987
19th September 2008, 12:08 PM
Yes. Do that Egg. Citta Nuova can still work. Just drop mag strips where the chicanes are.

Im suprised that not much people have considered the Delta and Gamma pack tracks, they where fkn awesome! Speed, speed, speed all they where! Bring them into HD glory

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 12:11 PM
That's exactly my problem with them - just not technical enough...

Sch@dows
19th September 2008, 12:12 PM
Maybe because we don't remember the tracks from their names, screenshots are not on the official site for those, and some of us don't have Pure anymore u_u.

I need to get my hands on a Pure UMD ^_^

ZenDJiNN
19th September 2008, 12:15 PM
A very special applause goes to ZenDJiNN and Task (?!) for voting on all tracks :brickwall

Like Task, i also have my threads reversed so that i jump straight to the current page. The reason why i voted for all the tracks is because i like them all, and would willingly pay for DLC for almost anything that was either Pure or Pulse related. There isn't a track on Pure that i don't like. :)

Next time i'll check the first post first.... Promise! ;)

guillaume
19th September 2008, 01:12 PM
Just drop mag strips where the chicanes are.
Oh please don't! No more mag strips!! :frown:

cybrpnk
19th September 2008, 01:38 PM
I'd love to work with 123Klan again. I got on great with them first time round and they were pretty chuffed with the way the track turned out.

And Citta Nuova .. I'm a big fan of the sunny city style, although maybe not the corkscrew chicanes. It'd be pretty cool to do another track in that environment.

123Klan are pretty cool...got the honour of meeting them when they were here in Sydney for a graphic design conference thing here ages ago called Semi-Permanent...bought this limited edition 123Klan book full of their artwork which they apparently printed only for the conference...stoked...

:)

out of all the presentations, they had the coolest vibe around them...Scien and Klor...very cool couple...

Spaceboy Gajo
20th September 2008, 06:43 AM
Voted for Staten Park myself.

It's one of the few courses I think I have a chance to beat any one. Would also love to see in in high def :D

Chill
20th September 2008, 08:57 AM
Yes. Do that Egg. Citta Nuova can still work. Just drop mag strips where the chicanes are.

But I liked this part guys... without magstrip... it was so challenging, and was a big part of why I like it... you did flip over a lot and stuff on this part, but that's a part of the challenge no? If not, aww well... as long as it's understood that it's still liked...

Axel
21st September 2008, 12:23 PM
Has anyone raced Citta Nuova in reverse? That track is awesome!!!! I definately vote for that to be remade as well please :)

Sausehuhn
21st September 2008, 12:31 PM
Citta Nuova is an awesome track once you get used to it.
The chicane should stay - without magstrips. And yes: it's also a nice track in reverse.

One thing, though, that could be changed, is the height of the track's walls. It's too easy to fly off the track.
But that's something that should have been changed for all tracks.

Frances_Penfold
21st September 2008, 06:23 PM
I am surprised (and pleased) to see such a strong showing by Staten Park-- I thought I was the only one that *really* liked that track :)

eLhabib, maybe it would be worthwhile starting a second poll thread for tracks in Pulse! I know that many prefer Pure to Pulse, myself included, but there are some kick ass tracks in Pulse that would be wonderful to see in WOHD.

eLhabib
21st September 2008, 06:52 PM
I don't know enough about Pulse's tracks to narrow it down to the 10 best to vote for (poll only allows 10 options), so if someone with a lot of Pulse playtime could start that thread, that would be great.

DawnFireDragoon
21st September 2008, 08:19 PM
um, pulse tracks are ok. but pure and the previous games' tracks are all far superior. (better design, art direction and no mag-strips) there are a few from the original trilogy never remade that really should be and some full on classics that absolutely should be! it's all down to personal taste though!!!

Colin Berry
21st September 2008, 10:57 PM
Citta Nuova would be bottom of the list of any track I'd want remade

It had some really cool ideas, but it didnt work as well as hoped

I'd love to do some new tracks, I'd love to see Modesto, Staten Park and 123Klan track HDified.

cybrpnk
21st September 2008, 11:00 PM
+1 on that one...remake of the 3 tracks mentioned and a no on Citta Nouva...

The super snake run bit where you have to throw yourself from left to right to left to right...is a bit much and I always seem to somehow throw myself out of the track...unless...some MagStrip technology is placed in that bit...:)

Darkdrium777
21st September 2008, 11:45 PM
It had some really cool ideas, but it didnt work as well as hopedThat advertisement sign bothered you too eh? :lol
I guess each game has it's very hard track: Silverstream, Odessa Keys, [WipEout 3 / WipEout 3 SE / WipEout Fusion], Citta Nuova, Outpost 7.
WipEout HD is the only one that has no really hard track, Metropia Black may be the one I think.

Chill
22nd September 2008, 01:49 AM
Wipeout also had Firestar... I think Wipeout 3 was P-Mar Project...

Their are quite a few in Pulse in my opinion...

Yeah it lacks difficult tracks, but I think before it brings those it should really consider an option for turning the motion-sensitive camera off...

You are to let off the thrust before the sign on citta nuova, then pick it up again once nearly under it... it helps to do this with the other ones actually until you can learn what parts to use the thrust so that you don't lose hardly any speed...

Lance
22nd September 2008, 01:51 AM
W3O>Stanza Inter at your own risk.

MAMUTH
22nd September 2008, 09:57 AM
I had to choose staten park and modesto...my third choice could be any of tracks from the list...apart from 2nd sebenco...damn I hate this track there is NO WAY I could ever do perfect lap on this one. Especially with that nasty left turn which allways makes my slam into wall :paperbag

Mad-Ice
22nd September 2008, 05:20 PM
Citta Nuova would be bottom of the list of any track I'd want remade

It had some really cool ideas, but it didnt work as well as hoped

I'd love to do some new tracks, I'd love to see Modesto, Staten Park and 123Klan track HDified.

I am happy to hear this. However Modesto Height is really a bit like Chenghou Project, it almost has the same flow. Staten Park, I can already see myself flying this one in HD. About 123Klan, oh yes with more artwork on the walls, graffiti everywhere. Scien and Klor rule! Greetings from Shape Squad.

Sausehuhn
22nd September 2008, 05:43 PM
123Klan had a nice track layout if I remember correctly. The style, on the other hand, doesn't really fit to WOHD (even though it didn't look bad!).
But then I could imagine that track with a completely different sourrounding.

That being said, the Omega Pack had some really nice track layouts in general.

RJ O'Connell
22nd September 2008, 10:20 PM
Perhaps they could be relocated to an extra Hub Complex, ala the Delta League. I dunno, I've never seen the Omega League in action, since it was an exclusive gift to the EU region for their patience in waiting another six months for a PSP.

cybrpnk
22nd September 2008, 10:27 PM
Maybe...just maybe...if there isn't any bad blood between the two parties...there could be a track designed by miTDR???

Just a thought...:)

Althought the idea of a DLC track pack with tracks designed by a whole host of design firms blows my mind...maybe a track by a designer from each discipline of design...

architect, graphic, fashion, interior, product...

Fiznu
29th September 2008, 05:40 PM
Maybe because we don't remember the tracks from their names, screenshots are not on the official site for those, and some of us don't have Pure anymore u_u.

I need to get my hands on a Pure UMD ^_^

Actually, Pure is downloadable onto good ole memory stick courtesy of the Playstation Store. I actually bought it right after purchasing my PS3 and didnt realize that the PS3 doesnt emulate PSP...ah well, it will come in handy when I DO by a PSP later! :)

Darkdrium777
30th September 2008, 01:43 AM
I think it's a fair bet to say that Staten Park will be downloadable if DLC is created :P

Renegäde
30th September 2008, 04:24 PM
I'd really love to see a non neotronic version of Vohl square. A fast twisty track, had some good races on there. Would also be nice to see a track with a brand new visual design rather than an upgrade of an existing track.

Mad-Ice
1st October 2008, 07:36 AM
I am really happy to see Staten Park and Blue Ridge on top! But I don't understand why Modesto and Exostra are ranked higher then Sinucit or Koltiwa, these tracks are far better in flow and speed and have tricky turns too. I am hoping that other players will vote for Koltiwa and Sinucit.:+

KIGO1987
1st October 2008, 08:14 AM
Seems like the Delta and Gamma tracks are making a comeback:D:D:D:D Please no more shitty Pure tracks where the corners are a joke:brickwall The Sichuan Province track is a real bitch:brickwall The Gamma tracks are great for speed and flow, Anuphla Pass is great, probably not as great after attempting for that Zico trohpy thing a few hundred times. But its a nice fast tracks....

BTW when is someone going to do a poll thread on the Pulse DL idea.... We want Talons Junction, Arc Prime, De Konstruct, Tech De Ra, The Amphiseum, Fort Gale, Platinum Rush and Vertica!!!!

Basilico and O7 can ****off:g

Axel
1st October 2008, 09:05 AM
Does anybody have a link to the PULSE DLC track designs. Are they any good?

Darkdrium777
1st October 2008, 10:59 AM
We want Talons Junction, Arc Prime, De Konstruct, Tech De Ra, The Amphiseum, Fort Gale, Platinum Rush and Vertica!!!!

Uninspiring tracks are uninspiring. :brickwall
I found these tracks to be lacking something special, while the last four have it. I can't explain it, but I'd like to have the last four before the first four.
Also, Outpost7 would be cool (Like that track, don't know why though. Probably masochism :g)

'strike-through' effect doesn't work ( ooo )

KIGO1987
1st October 2008, 03:14 PM
Pulse tracks are best defined into this order:

Basic: Talons Junction

Chicane Lovers: Arc Prime, Fort Gale, Platinum Rush

Speed Lovers: De Konstruct, Tech De Ra, The Amphiseum, Vertica

Cunty tracks: Basilico Black and Outpost 7

The speed lovers tracks are the only tracks where you can leave your thumb on the 'x' button over the entire race, also these tracks are barrel roll heaven. Great in the highests speeds.

So on my last post i will correct myself.... think these tracks will do much better in HD than the other tracks.

De Konstruct 'White'
Tech De Ra 'White and Black'
The Amphiseum 'White and Black'
Vertica 'White and Black'

darkfaerytales
1st October 2008, 03:25 PM
i have to say that HD really needs:

1-a track with a LOT of nature
2-a really LONG track and hard ( ex. arridos, silverstream, spilskinanke, i don't have play pure but i think also sinucit is good )
3-a really REALLY technical track

Renegäde
1st October 2008, 03:58 PM
Cor The Amphiseum, yes please! And Gemini Dam anyone? The black version of that track is superb.

I think most of the Pulse tracks are pretty decent on their own but put together for the game made some really seem a bit drab. Then having to race them in reverse as you make your way through the campaign made them quite tedious in the end.

I think a couple of the better tracks in Pulse will stand out a lot more if grouped with those found in HD/Pure.

Lance
1st October 2008, 04:06 PM
Hm.. lots of oversized text. GRRR

Sausehuhn
1st October 2008, 04:17 PM
*looks at thread title*

Well... I searched the through the whole game again and again but - damn - I cannot find those tracks in Pure!

darkfaerytales
1st October 2008, 05:05 PM
anyway i've look some videos on youtube of blue ridge , and is a fantastic track, i really hope they put it in a dlc pack soon

JABBERJAW
1st October 2008, 08:06 PM
Well, I jut unlocked metropia reverse, which should be metropia foward on pulse, to severe dissapointment, track destroyed, so I vote for metropia (pulse version). This was my fav on pulse, so I was excited when I opened it up (for a very short time)

Lance
1st October 2008, 08:18 PM
To reiterate Max's point, which three tracks from Pure [as stated in thread title, poll, and first post :D ] would be the ones any of you would want as downloads for HD?

JABBERJAW
1st October 2008, 11:11 PM
DOH!! sorry, khara then, but not nixed

eLhabib
13th December 2008, 10:25 AM
First time I am bumping an old thread, but I feel since we have so many new members here, it wouldn't hurt to have their opinion on this, for SL to consider (if they may) :D

darkfaerytales
13th December 2008, 11:15 AM
i still just wonder in these days what would/will be the major candidates tracks , elhabib
i think modesto ,staten & blue ridge were pretty assured from day one 'cause are fan favourites and from an objective point of view are if not the best really well done tracks
in meantime it just get in mind i've read somewhere an interview of colin where he talks about his favourite tracks which are staten park and 123klan...

the only thing i have never understand about this thread is why to choose 3 tracks...why only 3 i mean , i mean 4 , 4 is an even number...anyway this is just my idea...

however c'mon SL don't make hulk hungry :bomb put something under :xtree

p.s. why don't do a poll about pulse tracks? that game got some astonishing tracks!

multibodydynamics
13th December 2008, 03:26 PM
I really like to see Staten Park being in the lead, such a great track. I do think Sebenco Peak deserves some more votes though, I truely enjoyed that track. Especially that drop and that tight bend in the end.

TheFrostE
13th December 2008, 07:23 PM
id actauly rather see tracks from wipEout 1 and XL

multibodydynamics
13th December 2008, 11:12 PM
Altima VII and Phenitia Park in that case. :P

darkfaerytales
14th December 2008, 07:02 PM
i wish, i really wish...

but not for kill any hopes, realistically talking i think is much easier they'll do some the previous 2 games ones

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2008, 04:38 PM
I love Altima VII, but what a roll-fest it was in Pure and I imagine there will be more of it in HD if it were included. Especially because the Analog stick is quicker with the BR motion.

Time trials there would look like Lylat Wars / StarFox 64!