PDA

View Full Version : What kind of DLC would you pay for, for WOHD?

Wip3ou7
17th September 2008, 04:53 AM
What kind of DLC would you be willing to pay for to expand on the WipEout HD game?
I want to think that WipEout HD will be an ever-expanding game to keep this fresh for hardcore wipeout players. At least untill another full-blown wipeout game comes along.

YouTube Direct Upload
New Race Tracks
More Classic Race Tracks Remastered
Online Team Racing
More Ship Skins / Ship Variations / Classic Ships
Online/Offline Eliminator Mode
Music
More Zone Effects
Render Filters
Replay Saving and Viewing + Photomode During Replays for Online/Offline
(Is Online Mode Ranked, or only Singleplayer? If it's not, than) Ranked Online
Alternate HUDs (Which include also the missle lock on reticle)
Alternate/Classic Sound FX/Voices
Ghost Sharing
Zone Ghost / Sharing
More Weapons/Classic Weapons
XMB Themes
PSN Gamer Icons

If you think if anything I didn't please add it.

Personally I would pay for any of the improvements I listed.

Chill
17th September 2008, 05:52 AM
Any... easily...

Howabout "Wipeout XL/3 physics engine"? Or can that only be done during the production of the game?

Wip3ou7
17th September 2008, 05:54 AM
I think at that point you'd be pretty much asking for a different game.

Chill
17th September 2008, 06:05 AM
Hey... that's why we're paying for it... Or is that not right? ;) And the option for pit lanes on or off, and our style of energy (absorb/energy pack or pit lane) and turbo (barrel rolls or energy drain)...

P.S. I like W3O's energy drain better than Pulse or HD...

xtriko
17th September 2008, 07:10 AM
Zen Speed Class :)

leungbok
17th September 2008, 07:28 AM
If you think if anything I didn't please add it.

ed.

And why not a skin editor with high resolution textures :hyper

Skvall
17th September 2008, 07:46 AM
Im dissapointed that splitscreen is offline only, so I would want that online.

Me and friends have enjoyed a lot of PGR4 on 360 with splitscreen online. It´s at least twice the fun when the friends are over. Now we probably wont play online at all, I only will when I am alone.

Axel
17th September 2008, 08:12 AM
For me will be XMB Themes and new tracks. Leave the old track remakes for the next game. Are people forgetting that we are already playing tracks that most of us has played before. I would like to see what other tracks SL can cook up from scratch.

Sugar_from_OTW
17th September 2008, 08:16 AM
Anything. The game is so cheap already, I find it hard to justify NOT buying everything else for it.

Kb0nEZ
17th September 2008, 09:22 AM
Zen speed class and free play like in Pure.

And, if it's not already in, Icarus.

:lol

Alcachofa
17th September 2008, 09:28 AM
I'd love :

1/ More tracks, preferably new ones
2/ Eliminator mode as it is really enjoyable (and makes a good break between Time trial and Zone sessions). Just imagine how crazy an online Eliminator mode would be :g

leungbok
17th September 2008, 10:28 AM
Oh yes, Skvall, splitscreen online is really missing
:frown:
And what about distinct weapons for each ship, like in fusion ?
I know fusion is very disliked here, but there are good ideas SL can use for future dlc or next wipeouts, like the progressive destruction of the ships, the invisibility for few seconds, the possibility to lock missiles on the ships behind and the weapon wich affects the energy of all ships except for those with a shield on.
with this kind of items i doubt a race would last more than 2 or 3 laps with all the racers alive :g, but it can be a spécial mode online.

Egg
17th September 2008, 11:04 AM
Howabout "Wipeout XL/3 physics engine"? Or can that only be done during the production of the game?

Hahahahahaaaa

Please tell me that was a joke. Have you any idea how long this stuff takes to test? We could've done a whole new game in that time.

Axel
17th September 2008, 11:07 AM
You better get cracking then! :D

Bytehawk
17th September 2008, 11:07 AM
for me the tops are:

more (preferably new) tracks
eliminator mode

and then everything else mentioned here already (i'm not picky eh?)

Amon
17th September 2008, 11:30 AM
And why not a skin editor with high resolution textures :hyper

This for sure.

I'd like to see customization of rules in online racing.

If possible for me it would be a must to create a race with no weapons / barrel rolls.

Pure racing on long distances ( 20 minutes races for example ) would be great.

Axel
17th September 2008, 11:33 AM
Good idea Amon. Something similar to F1 where it is a race of endurance and skill. Nothing else. Eliminator and new tracks would be lovely TBH.

Amon
17th September 2008, 11:36 AM
Exactly, but taking away pitstops from it :)

All the overtaking on the track !!!

This would blow me away, and if it will not be enforceable via race rule it would be great to have some races with a sort of gentleman agreement to achieve the same result :)

Axel
17th September 2008, 11:41 AM
Amon I have you on my friends list on the PSN. Hit me up when ever you wanna give this a try. I'll humbly accept thy challange :)

chri5
17th September 2008, 11:50 AM
I liked the coca-cola pack for pure, something along those lines would be good, get some top graphic designers like 123klan in again to decorate the ships/tracks.

Amon
17th September 2008, 12:05 PM
Amon I have you on my friends list on the PSN. Hit me up when ever you wanna give this a try. I'll humbly accept thy challange :)

This is great ! I'll add you wen i'll be home :)

MadMax1978
17th September 2008, 12:07 PM
pimped up HD remakes of wipeout 1 , 2097 and wip3out tracks oh and i'll pay for mesij sound track

Darkdrium777
17th September 2008, 12:13 PM
I'd pay for more tracks/ships, probably game modes but I won't pay for youtube upload and other stuff like that. These should be free patches.

Egg
17th September 2008, 12:59 PM
I liked the coca-cola pack for pure ..
Oh, no.

Medic! We've found one!

Asayyeah
17th September 2008, 01:11 PM
Lol Egg

More tracks but not released in a short time : give us time to learn those new tracks and enjoy them ;)

I had that idea couple of months ago in another thread : Set a race of 10 / 15 / 20 min or 1 hour racing (ala Amon) The 24 hours endurance Sol2 race : fancy anyone :D

Zen speed class

eLhabib
17th September 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm in! :hyper

lunar
17th September 2008, 01:45 PM
lots of great ideas here, tracks (at a slow release pace like Arnaud said), game modes (Free Play would be great), I`d pay for anything really as I`m a complete sucker for DLC with any game.

HD Omega pack or similar would be my number 1 choice, probably. 1080P Burgertown would be scary.

About Zen speed class - I think I`ll wait and see Phantom before I join the request for such a thing. :blarg

eLhabib
17th September 2008, 01:47 PM
Don't worry about free play - I just found out the new 'Speed Lap' acts as free play, giving you 99 laps to race (possibly more, haven't tried ;)).

Alcachofa
17th September 2008, 01:54 PM
... oh and i'll pay for mesij sound track

Well you can settle this directly with Tim Wright himself ;) Making a donation directly to an artist feels waaaaaaay more square than buying a CD !

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html

BTW, I hope he is about to finish his personal Wipeout HD soundtrack he already talked about !

Darkdrium777
17th September 2008, 02:11 PM
I just thought about this.
I've been playing Spore for a while (Good game, highly recommended) and there is some sort of skin editor in it to change the colours of creatures/buildings you create. It's very simple but it allows for great customization at the same time. I don't think making something similar for HD would be very complicated. All that you need is a colour picker, a lot of patterns, and as an additionnal onto that some decals like sponsor logos to rotate, shrink or grow and apply on the ship. Obviously with that only official content will be allowed, but if a sufficient number of patterns, a good colour picker (More involved than in Spore would be great) and a sufficient number of decals (racing stripes, logos, heat dissipating vents, etc.) would still allow for a great deal of customization, and it would be a very simple tool to use indeed.
If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I recommend you try Spore for PC and especially the coulour tool: you can choose between set patterns and colour palette, but also choose a pattern for various parts of your creation and choose which colour this pattern will be.
Liverpool, it's up to you to try Spore and see if it's a good idea worth implementing in maybe a patch for HD or in the next WipEout on PS3 :)

DawnFireDragoon
17th September 2008, 02:49 PM
if it were up to me, i would make HD officially a compilation game of classic stuff before the next wipeout. full on remakes of loads of the old stuff, new fans won't have played them and everyone else seems to love a good remake, then two years down the road (a wait made easier by the new content for HD, the aforementioned tracks, ships, eliminator, theme's e.t.c.) release Wipeout 2297 or whatever and have loads of new stuff!

to answer the question if i were to buy a ps3 and HD and then pay for content, i would only really be bothered about more tracks, hopefully a bit more reserved with the bright colours and mostly remakes as i suggested above, but two remakes/two new tracks every so often in a pack would be good. SL should get some kind of in-game survey going to see what people want, or on the psn (is that even possible?)

Sumimasen
17th September 2008, 03:04 PM
I'd love to see more tracks! I'd pay good money if the tracks from the first 3 games were released as premium download packs. That would be cool.

Say, the Wipeout 1 track pack, which included HD versions of all the tracks from the first game for, say, £15. I'd be up for packs like that!

Also, I've said in a previous thread, but I'd love to see 123Klan revisited in HD. That would be TOO COOL!

How about vintage team ships too? That would be uber-cool also...

I'm not sure about the limitations to the photo mode, but if it hasn't got it already, I'd love to see an update where you can actually move the camera to get dramatic shots (kinda like Forza 2, PGR4 and GT4).

That'll do for starters! ;)

DawnFireDragoon
17th September 2008, 03:16 PM
yeah, a premium pack of sorts for each games tracks would be amazing. sadly from a business point of view it's not viable, a hardcore fan would probably buy it but a casual gamer wouldn't fork out £15 for a track pack. i suspect HD will sell well, but only have a certain lasting fan-base who will invest in DLC.

i think with the packs, if they make any, we'll be looking at a couple of tracks and a ship for £2.99 or something like that. maybe around next spring/summer or something.

quick off-topic question: any of you guys who've played the game know if you can switch off the shakey HUD effects and the zoom effect when you hit a speed pad/chevron, this is my biggest complaint and really puts me off the game if it's optional i might actually buy a ps3...maybe. it is wipeout after all.

Chill
17th September 2008, 03:21 PM
Hahahahahaaaa

Please tell me that was a joke. Have you any idea how long this stuff takes to test? We could've done a whole new game in that time.

No I wasn't kidding, and no I didn't know how long it took. I'm just listing what I'd LIKE to see, is that not the purpose? ;) Thanks for the educational benefit and laugh...

Flashback Jack
17th September 2008, 03:32 PM
I'd like to see the Pulse DLC nicely tucked into a folder on the HD disc, damn right. :)

- F

Egg
17th September 2008, 03:35 PM
No I wasn't kidding, and no I didn't know how long it took. I'm just listing what I'd LIKE to see, is that not the purpose? ;) Thanks for the educational benefit and laugh...

Sorry, I was in a grumpy mood this morning. Been listening to too much prog rock :)

Anyways, I don't think you're likely to see a downloadable physics engine (in any game) anytime soon. It's bloody hard enough for the designers to get the tracks and ships balanced, using the one we've got.

kanar
17th September 2008, 04:28 PM
I'll pay for :
skin editor
zen class
ALL the old tracks like my beloved valparaiso, new tracks
new ships
The more you can add into would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, big thanks for finally turning my ps3 on.

Lance
17th September 2008, 04:44 PM
I would like to see the equivalent of Pure's Omega pack; to once again have artists in other fields design tracks and environments for an 'extracurricular' experience that is novel.

KIGO1987
17th September 2008, 04:52 PM
I had that idea couple of months ago in another thread : Set a race of 10 / 15 / 20 min or 1 hour racing (ala Amon) The 24 hours endurance Sol2 race : fancy anyone :D

****. Endurance races in Wipeout like GT, but at Phantom/Zen speeds, lol that ill do a good job frying a few brains around here. Would be cool to see it in the future. See how many pilots drop like flies from having a sesure from playing a not stop race after a few hours. I completed the GT4 24Hour Nurenburg race, it took me 9 hours to complete via B-Spec mode. Felt like **** at the end.

BTW bring back eliminator, this will be a ****in' awesome feature viewed in 1080p!!!! XD!

zerojay
17th September 2008, 05:27 PM
I'd pay for any and all DLC... of course, that is if they decide to support those of us in North America at all. *glares in anger at Pulse*

Frances_Penfold
17th September 2008, 06:11 PM
I think some of you are getting carried away with this topic though it is nice to witness the enthusiasm :lol

I would probably pay for just about any DLC content for WOHD because I love the franchise, don't have that much time to spend playing video games in general, and life is too short to hold back on paying some cash to do something I enjoy. Not that I think Sony's marketing should be based around my particular behavior, I am hardly representative of the intended audience for WOHD.

To be honest, I would be THRILLED to see any sort of DLC support-- and the most useful (and probably most likely) is to have additional courses available for download. I agree with Asayyeah, a slow trick of tracks would be best, perhaps by releasing black/white versions of one track every 4-6 weeks? Hopefully WOHD gets enough sales to justify the effort on Studio Liverpool's behalf.

I would like to see the equivalent of Pure's Omega pack; to once again have artists in other fields design tracks and environments for an 'extracurricular' experience that is novel.

Yes, this would indeed be awesome. Maybe if WOHD becomes the "crown jewel" of the PSN, Studio Liverpool will be given the latitude to do this :)

I'd like to see the Pulse DLC nicely tucked into a folder on the HD disc, damn right. :)

I second this. Though I am trying to think already about ways to borrow a European friend's credit card so that I can create a EU PSN account. I sure would like to play those tracks! :(

Don't worry about free play - I just found out the new 'Speed Lap' acts as free play, giving you 99 laps to race (possibly more, haven't tried ;)).

Best news EVAR! This was my primary complaint about Pulse-- seven laps is not enough. Thank you, SL.

Rubix42
17th September 2008, 06:18 PM
Tracks, tracks and more tracks.

I love that we have 8 tracks in the release, but more is always better. Expecially for a community like this were each track represents 10 hours of gaming or more.

Lance
17th September 2008, 06:43 PM
Frances Penfold said: "I am hardly representative of the intended audience for WOHD."

The most enthusiastic supporters of the WipEout franchise don't seem to be near the center of the intended demographic for which the game is designed. Odd how things work out, isn't it? I think that except for massive role-playing games, the mass audience moves from game to game too fast to stay enthusiastic for extended periods of downloaded content. But DLC is relatively new; maybe really good DLC for long periods after release will change the market for racing and martial-arts games and FPSs.

One such download, even though a minor one, that I'd like to see is a package that can change colours and textures of the original environments to represent changes in seasons. If the original is Spring/Summer, as it most likely is, then alternates of Autumn and Winter would be nice low-cost [I suspect] visual variety to extend interest in playing a game.

Frances_Penfold
17th September 2008, 07:37 PM
The most enthusiastic supporters of the WipEout franchise don't seem to be near the center of the intended demographic for which the game is designed. Odd how things work out, isn't it?

Yes :)

It's a fundamental economic problem, right? Software development costs are sky-high for modern games, so it's only profitable to make games that appeal to a significant number of consumers. Games like Wipeout have always had a relatively small fan-base. Therefore the hardcore Wipeout gamer is only a small part of target audience for WOHD.

In all seriousness, I wonder it would be better for consumers and the industry to have fewer and more high quality game releases, such that gamers' attentions were less scattered.

Rubix42
17th September 2008, 07:53 PM
We would never be better off with fewer games. Imagine how bleak it would be with fewer titles. Plus, variety is the spice of life.

I do wonder how much DLC affects games in a time after launch graph. I'd imagine that high quality DLC would make a spike in activity of a certain game. The maps for CoD4 for example. Regardless, the console crowd is too fast paced for any game to retain popularity for too long. Halo, Socom and CoD being the few exceptions in this generation of hardware.

Egg
17th September 2008, 08:09 PM
.. Games like Wipeout have always had a relatively small fan-base. Therefore the hardcore Wipeout gamer is only a small part of target audience for WOHD.

Yeah, I think that's why I found Chill's call for a 'classic' handling model amusing (although I never meant to be so sarcastic, sorry again mate).

I know you guys would appreciate the choice, but the general games-playing public would probably find it totally baffling - not to mention the inevitable Xbot cries of 'Sony doesn't know what it's doing! They've effectively admitted HD's physics weren't up to snuff! PS3LOL!' etc.

It's really not something we could feasibly devote time, people and money to.

Wip3ou7
17th September 2008, 08:57 PM
I think its fairly realistic for us to request for some more PSN Gamer Icons, and maybe you guys could get a pair or so out around the time WOHD releases? I've been using the ASSEGAI icon since the day the PS3 was released...

Darkdrium777
17th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah I've got a few A's in my friend list. Pretty hard to tell who is who until you look at the names, since everyone has "WIPEOUT HD!!!" as their comment xD People, be original :P :lol

Also seems nobody noticed my custom skin editor option? Or nobody has played Spore yet...

RJ O'Connell
18th September 2008, 03:37 AM
I'd be happy to purchase stuff like...let's see...at least another four tracks (reversible) and if we had to "settle" for just PSP-era tracks I'd go with...Koltiwa...Staten Park (Exostra I would find too short and not as cool-looking in 1080p)....Vertica and Talon's Junction.

Chill
18th September 2008, 05:10 AM
Sorry, I was in a grumpy mood this morning. Been listening to too much prog rock :)

Thanx a lot for apologising!! It certainly did piss me off... lol... ;) it's all good...

Skvall
18th September 2008, 09:15 AM
(edit: uh there where a lot of posts between mine and the one I replied too.. its was that one about Spore and changing the looks on the ships. ^^)

PGR4 have that for the cars. It works fine. I have said it before but I will say it again. They really should look and steal things from PGR4 and bring it to wipeout. Im mostly thinking about the online features and replays and customization of ships etc.
Save and share replays after each race. Take photos with a lot of effects while watching replays, and share them too. Upload directly to a website so you can link to them.
Splitscreen multiplayer (really important) and team tournaments (2v2v2v2, 3v3v3, 4v4 etc..).

PGR4 are a really fun way to spend an evening with a couple of friends and an internet connection.
Having the same possibilitys in the wipeout world would be even better. :)

Sch@dows
18th September 2008, 09:58 AM
Yep, Team tournament is a great idea.
Obviously, I would also pay for new tracks and ships (but not just for new HUD).

Asayyeah
18th September 2008, 01:20 PM
I completed the GT4 24Hour Nurenburg race, it took me 9 hours to complete via B-Spec mode. Felt like **** at the end.
Funnily enough 3, 4 years ago ? we planned a Nürburgrind GT4 weekend : we started at 3 friends in a flat around 2 pm saturday, relay every 1 hour, around 5 am we lost our mojo and felt sleepy, we let the ps2 running in pause mode and we finished the 24H ( a-Spec) during sunday afternoon and part of the evening : brilliant moment spent with friends but it's definitly TOO MUCH lol

One such download, even though a minor one, that I'd like to see is a package that can change colours and textures of the original environments to represent changes in seasons. If the original is Spring/Summer, as it most likely is, then alternates of Autumn and Winter would be nice low-cost [I suspect] visual variety to extend interest in playing a game.
i second that idea that could be named Vivaldi Pack - the 4 seasons :)
But Sebenco Climb in summer : no more snow mountains? visible sign of new global warming : scary vision :paperbag

Or Pop art wipeout ala A. Warhol?

Wip3ou7
18th September 2008, 07:28 PM
So Colin or Egg, how hard is it to get some new PSN Gamer Icons out? All these other games have tons... Uncharted, flOw, Calling All Cars and more. Is there any way you guys can hook us up with like 2-5 more icons? We want to represent WipEout HD!

Mad-Ice
18th September 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes good idea Lance: season change. And also endurance racing setting minutes or ...., well minutes is enough! Yes laps, of course, being able to set laps, so cool!

-BR off button
-more tracks

Medusa
18th September 2008, 08:21 PM
What kind of DLC would I pay for??

Tracks - but in a different style, more basic, like a throwback to the oldschool games. They could be artist designed, like Lance said, but don't have to be. Just make the atmospheres different, like some night settings or season settings, and maybe some tracks with less texture - yes, I think I'm saying I'd pay for some bland tracks. LOL

I'd pay for the option to switch off barrel rolls. I'd pay a LOT if I had to. I wonder, would it be that hard to add that option into the game? Since it's not changing the physics, it doesn't have to be tested, does it?

Rapier Racer
18th September 2008, 09:09 PM
Probably anything they released.

DawnFireDragoon
18th September 2008, 11:09 PM
Tracks - but in a different style, more basic, like a throwback to the oldschool games. yes, I think I'm saying I'd pay for some bland tracks.

yes! totally agree!

JABBERJAW
19th September 2008, 12:03 AM
chill wrote

"Howabout "Wipeout XL/3 physics engine"? Or can that only be done during the production of the game?

Hey... that's why we're paying for it... Or is that not right? And the option for pit lanes on or off, and our style of energy (absorb/energy pack or pit lane) and turbo (barrel rolls or energy drain)...

P.S. I like W3O's energy drain better than Pulse or HD..."

I will ditto this, although no way this is happening. The only thing I want for downloads are fixes to any bugs in the game. 16 tracks is enough for me. Maybe a zen speed class though, whoever wrote that, I'll agree with you as well

cybrpnk
19th September 2008, 12:06 AM
what would i pay for...hmmm...

definitely:
more tracks (new and old tracks...I'm not too fussed...new or old in HD would be bonus)
more crafts (these do not have to be new race teams although that would be a bonus...but it could even be new designs for crafts like the prototypes and concept crafts in previous WipEouts...not just decals)
more music (new music of course...i guess this would be a good platform for up and coming musicians and artists to get some of their compositions out there...)
new gameplay modes and options (team tournament???)

I'm picturing this to be sold not separately but in packs...like maybe the Pure downloadables...(eg...a pack may consist of 4 x tracks, 2 x crafts, 3 x music tracks, 1 x gameplay mode)

what I wouldn't pay for:
new decals
new HUDs
new filters (for graphics...TRON mode, psychedelic velocity mode, WipEout mode, 2097 mode, Wip3out mode)

DawnFireDragoon
19th September 2008, 12:11 AM
new music? cold storage would be a good move.

blackwiggle
19th September 2008, 02:05 AM
How about craft skins representing different countries [national flag sort of thing]that can be used during online play.
IE:USA,France,Australia...etc...sort of WOHD Olympics.

Chill
19th September 2008, 03:02 AM
Mmm... or just the flag in a square on the side of the craft representing what country your from, automatically loaded on by whatever country's version of Wipeout you buy... that's a good idea...

And yes... I so want Cold Storage and some more WO 3 type artists...

chill wrote
"Howabout "Wipeout XL/3 physics engine"? Or can that only be done during the production of the game?
Hey... that's why we're paying for it... Or is that not right? And the option for pit lanes on or off, and our style of energy (absorb/energy pack or pit lane) and turbo (barrel rolls or energy drain)...
P.S. I like W3O's energy drain better than Pulse or HD..."

I will ditto this, although no way this is happening. The only thing I want for downloads are fixes to any bugs in the game. 16 tracks is enough for me. Maybe a zen speed class though, whoever wrote that, I'll agree with you as well

Cool with me JABBERJAW!!! :+ Yeah a zen speed class isn't a bad idea...

cybrpnk
19th September 2008, 03:09 AM
heheh...just had a random thought...anyone ever propose multiplayer Zone Mode???

2-player...or 8-player full grid??? should be interesting...

last craft on the track wins...

Chill
19th September 2008, 03:11 AM
Yeah that's not a bad idea... those who survive longer get placed higher up... :+

Lance
19th September 2008, 03:22 AM
heheh...just had a random thought...anyone ever propose multiplayer Zone Mode???

2-player...or 8-player full grid??? should be interesting...

last craft on the track wins...

Actually, it was discussed back in the early days of the ^WipEout Future^ section.

Chill
19th September 2008, 03:36 AM
[Off Topic] Lance you are definately the best Moderator in these forums, as you are the one making the most corrections and doing most of the work as a moderator... their should be some kind of reward for you... [/Off Topic]

Alright I'm done posting for today... ;)

cybrpnk
19th September 2008, 05:10 AM
pardon me Lance...did a check and yes...insertcoin did propose a Zone Eliminator mode...

you gonna be online when HD hits us next week???

Lance
19th September 2008, 06:07 AM
[is saving cash for digital flat-panel tv, then maybe, maybe PS3.] PS3 cost heaping large pile of cash considering value I might get from it compared to a back-up self-defense tool or some little luxuries like high-quality tea, DVDs, and other luxuries I've not been able to get for the last eight years. It's a lot of money to spend so I could play just one videogame. Right now I can't rationally justify it, and maybe can't emotionally justify it either. Can't tell what my future will be till it gets here.

cybrpnk
19th September 2008, 06:16 AM
fair enough...here's wishing for a severe price drop for you leading up to Christmas...:)

*puts on wishing hat*

Skvall
19th September 2008, 09:07 AM
representing what country your from, automatically loaded on by whatever country's version of Wipeout you buy...

Flag could be a good idéa but they should not load it from version of game or version of Ps3. Take it either from country chosen in the PSN account settings or make you choose it yourself in the game. Lots of people have imported ps3 and/or games.

Also a big reason to have global online in the games. So you can always find people with lowest latency no matter where you are and what hardware/software you are using. Would be best for everyone. :)

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 09:50 AM
There are flags in online mode. I think they are set according to your PSN account, seeing as mine was Austria by default. (btw props to SL for including the Eagle on the Austrian flag, few games have that :+)

Axel
19th September 2008, 11:34 AM
Lol very nice!! I have a feeling I will be getting that 100 online races trophy in no time.

Medusa
19th September 2008, 04:52 PM
LOL, Lance! High-quality tea instead of Wipeout HD! (Alright, I'm leaving a fair bit out.) This is the reason WipeoutZone rules. People here have taste.

Wip3ou7
19th September 2008, 06:19 PM
C'mon Lance, I don't think you're giving the PS3 the credit it deserves here bro. It's definately the best home console at the moment.

Anyway, it's time to moderate my own thread. Can we please get back on topic here? This thread is about DLC, and what type you'd be willing to dish out your money for. Let's keep it to that, thanks guys.

Lance
19th September 2008, 06:30 PM
Whether it is the "best" or not, the thought of spending about 600 dollars on the machine and one game just to play that one game instead of buying a bunch of stuff that fulfills a lot of other needs is just crazy. I'm thinking that the only reasonably practical solution is to get a used one and only after getting the digital tv. Not to mention a new toaster-oven and some decent bourbon! Which is a downloadable content that I will willingly pay for! :D

Darkdrium777
19th September 2008, 11:56 PM
Something that removes the respawn feature permanently. I would pay for that.
Then again it depends if I even get the full game.

Wip3ou7
20th September 2008, 01:08 AM
lol dont pretend like youre not gonna get it, we know thats a lie ;)

i wouldnt pay money for that option btw

Egg
20th September 2008, 01:18 AM
Then again it depends if I even get the full game.
>evil cackle<

Let's see how long your will holds out on the 25th, sir, when the forum is buzzing :)

Darkdrium777
20th September 2008, 01:27 AM
Shh, that was the incentive.
Secret broken. :P

Ok I admit I may have been a little too hot-headed but really please work on this feature as fast as you can; well not as fast as you can but you know what I mean. I hope it comes out soon ;)

Egg
20th September 2008, 01:33 AM
Lots of things are being worked on...

The thing is, I could have calmed your rage anytime, if I'd have thought of posting this:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=12861969&postcount=316

Colin Berry
20th September 2008, 01:33 AM
>evil cackle<

Let's see how long your will holds out on the 25th, sir, when the forum is buzzing :)

oi, I thought I was the designated Insomniac on the WO team?

Wip3ou7
20th September 2008, 01:41 AM
Colin, Egg, please, PSN Gamer Icons? Gonna happen? Sooner, later? Not gonna happen?

Colin Berry
20th September 2008, 01:43 AM
Not really our call to be honest (Eggy might know more being an arty type? but its not generally something we deal with) its something I can bring up next week in the office.
Cant promise anything though :(

Personally I hope there are fkin loads though, and some themes

Wip3ou7
20th September 2008, 01:48 AM
The themes would be nice, even if they are just icon and sound fx sets (we can use photo mode to make background pictures). PSN Gamer Icons though would be great, if you could mention something to the right people. I mean, even just 2 more would be awesome. I've been using the ASSEGAI logo since ps3 launched (and i freaked out when i saw it because i immediately knew that there had to be a ps3 wipeout coming!)

Rapier Racer
20th September 2008, 03:21 PM
Funnily enough, I'm happy with the Wipeout icon thats on offer now :g

I was surprised to see it though, would have expected AG-S or a Feisar logo instead, glad they choose the correct team for a change :banzai

Darkdrium777
20th September 2008, 03:34 PM
Thing is everyone's using it. :P My PSN Friend list is full of Assegai A's xD
We need more icons ;)
And a theme or two that release with the game wouldn't be so bad. I would like something as involved as the Pulse theme, but with the HD 'clean menu' style, that would be very cool. Custom sounds for scrolling and all would be awesome ^^

rdmx
20th September 2008, 05:38 PM
you gonna be online when HD hits us next week???
I'm on the wrong side of the world till October 1st. =D
I've been home every other time, but I'm away when HD is finally released:frown:
That said, I'll be happy to start blowing chunks out of everyone else when I get back.
//ontopic
Being Wipeout mad as I am, I'll probably pay for anything except ship decals for HD.
(I didn't however buy the Pulse DLC)

Chrono
20th September 2008, 07:18 PM
Themes and gamer icons are both something I'd be interested in as well.

Thursday can't come soon enough. I hope my connection is solid enough to get some fun first night races on.

DawnFireDragoon
20th September 2008, 07:54 PM
Lots of things are being worked on...

The thing is, I could have calmed your rage anytime, if I'd have thought of posting this:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=12861969&postcount=316

wow, i admit sol 2 looks good in HD, i feared it would be a bit jazzed up like some of the other tracks.

kinda want game...but..ps3...expensive.....arrrrrrrrgh.

ColdRem'S
21st September 2008, 09:58 AM
Even if I'd be pleased to see additionnal skins and WipEout themes, the only thing I REALLY want is new tracks. 8 (~16) tracks is good, but 2 or 4 more real tracks, remakes or not, would just make the game PERFECT to me :P

Is there something planned in this direction? I mean, can we hope for something or definitely not?

mangaroo
23rd September 2008, 03:53 PM
im kind of ashamed that it just hit me, but the probable reason for wipeoutHD's low price is the expensive (multiple) DLC they are working on...

Here is hoping it's not as bad as pulse.

Shozovulnai
24th September 2008, 06:45 PM
Since The Designers Republic was responsible for the design in old times, why not haul 'em back and design some odd looking ships and even odder looking tracks, Omega-style? Sure, Omega pack kinda broke the whole credibility of WipEout with its artistic silliness, but TDR could cook up something wild.

Lance
24th September 2008, 08:28 PM
DR never designed the ships or tracks; basically they just did team logos, fonts, billboards, and menus. After all these years, they are still being given credit for things they didn't do. Ships and tracks were designed by the in-house staff of Studio Liverpool on WO1 and WO2, and on WO3 by Studio Leeds.

Shozovulnai
24th September 2008, 08:35 PM
DR never designed the ships or tracks; basically they just did team logos, fonts, billboards, and menus. After all these years, they are still being given credit for things they didn't do.

That I fully knew. You got the wrong idea, buddy. It would be only logical to think that a design company designs logos, fonts etc not relating to the real content of the game.

But my whole idea was that if Designers Republic could design a ship or some maximum-minimalist WorkBuyConsumeDie tracks, the result would be interesting to say the least. Always loved DR's design, even outside WipEout their album covers for Autechre are beautiful. Aphex Twin's Windowlicker cover's just plain disturbing.

captaingrim
24th September 2008, 08:36 PM
</lurking>

I'd like to see some amusing old Psygnosis artwork in the tracks... perhaps climbing around on the EQs with their little umbrellas...

*sigh*

Shozovulnai
24th September 2008, 08:40 PM
They could do the same as what Namco did with Ridge Racer Type 4 and add a super fast flying Psygnosis owl, which players have to keep up with for rewards. Snrt, did that make any sense?

captaingrim
24th September 2008, 08:41 PM
Awesome! Although I don't think modern day Sony are too keen on the old Psygnosis image... or the owl...

Lance
24th September 2008, 08:57 PM
That I fully knew. You got the wrong idea, buddy. It would be only logical to think that a design company designs logos, fonts etc not relating to the real content of the game.

But my whole idea was that if Designers Republic could design a ship or some maximum-minimalist WorkBuyConsumeDie tracks, the result would be interesting to say the least. Always loved DR's design, even outside WipEout their album covers for Autechre are beautiful. Aphex Twin's Windowlicker cover's just plain disturbing.

Not merely logical to think so, but the actual fact In the case of the WipEout games. But anyway, what is the most recent tDR work that you like? They have different designers now than they had in the 'old days'.

Shozovulnai
24th September 2008, 09:13 PM
Most recent as in DR's most recent work or what I have seen from them most recently? I haven't really checked what their present stuff is all about, though I found a nice picture index with loads of DR pics. http://www.oakneo.com/dr/ My friend has a couple of those Autechre albums I mentioned and what appealed to me most was Confield's cover. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4134HZWHDAL.jpg

Yes, I have no idea what that ...thing is supposed to represent (same can be said about the music) but it's cool in its own way. But isn't this getting a bit offtopic here?

Edit: Ok, I'm not 100% sure that all Autechre's covers are from DR, but I'm assuming it's so.

Lance
24th September 2008, 09:22 PM
Repeat: "... what is the most recent tDR work that you like?"
In other words, that you find to be superior work.

And back on topic, another download I might be willing to pay for, assuming I could afford the PS3 and all time and money costs of going online with it, would be a full options package to customise the game modes and racing conditions to my liking. Being able to allow or disallow any weapons or manoeuvres [such as barrel rolls], to change HUDs, etc etc.

Crob
25th September 2008, 06:48 PM
</lurking>

I'd like to see some amusing old Psygnosis artwork in the tracks... perhaps climbing around on the EQs with their little umbrellas...

*sigh*

Hmm, what did you have in mind exactly... ;)

Casshern1981
26th September 2008, 11:26 AM
Ok here's what i would like to see added in a DLC

- Wipeout & Wipeout 2097 Tracks & Ships (the xwing ship from wipeout 1)(and championships)

- New tracks

- for example

- A track in space (on a space station),
they would basically be glass tubes and at a certain point you get to race on the outside surface...

- In a desert environment
- Lava environment

- New weapons ?
- A ship customization tool or option - solid color change ?
- Online championship ?

Just some wild ideas here...

The Gracer
26th September 2008, 11:39 AM
Van uber!!! :+ :+ :+ :D :D :+

Id love to see an HD remake of the pure arty pack (was it Omega?) minus the ships

Citta Nuova anyone? :D :D

Casshern1981
26th September 2008, 11:44 AM
AGreed !

The Gracer
26th September 2008, 11:48 AM
Casshern - its against forum rules to quote the post immediately before your own, just so you know. There are a few other rules that we have here that are different to other forums, a quick read of the guidelines should save your ass from the banhamm0r.

Otherwise, thanks for your agreement :)

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 12:36 PM
I must say I agree with everyone who'd like to see some old Wipeout tracks from 1 and 2097. I don't mind what they do with it in terms of art direction, I'd just like to lap some Arridos and Gare d'Europe in HD quality. ^^

eLhabib
26th September 2008, 12:41 PM
- Wipeout & Wipeout 2097 Tracks & Ships (the xwing ship from wipeout 1)(and championships)

x-wing ship??? what x-wing ship?:eek

The Gracer
26th September 2008, 12:44 PM
I don't mind what they do with it in terms of art direction

For me, the art direction being near exact is the most important part!

The tunnel must be perfect. The speed-canes must be perfect. New-style billboards and what-have-you are fine but the circuit and its style must remain - dark, industrial and gritty.

Gare 'd Europa is a HUGE want of mine, but i dont expect it.

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 12:47 PM
True, mate, I'd like to see it dark, gritty and rainy myself, but HD is SL's baby, and I assume they'd like to keep the style somewhat consistent. The tunnel should at least be red, though. :P

The Gracer
26th September 2008, 12:51 PM
Red and arrow-striped. Or were they wobbly stripes?

Red and striped, anyway.

Whats wrong with a bit of variety in the style? it would be boring if everyone wore black suits and red ties. (Hmm.....)

metalpancake
26th September 2008, 12:52 PM
pimped up HD remakes of wipeout 1 , 2097 and wip3out tracks oh and i'll pay for mesij sound track
http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html:D
they are all legal and free.

Axel
26th September 2008, 12:56 PM
I would love to see some dark tracks as well. Not knocking SL, the tracks are amazing, but they are all a bit too clean? Well I'm old school so there you go :)

TearsToShreds
26th September 2008, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure. My favorite WipEout game would include a whole lot less billboards and neon stuff and more sublety, but that's not the direction they're taking, so I appreciate the new Wipeout for what it is (and it's awesome, really). I don't think there'd be much of a consistency problem with Gare d'Europe, but more with tracks like Arridos which show a lot of nature and less concrete.

Casshern1981
26th September 2008, 01:02 PM
you nailed it !

karmacoma01
26th September 2008, 09:39 PM
In Wipeout pure and pulse, there where a lot of statistics saved for your profile like the total number of eliminations and so on. I know it´s only stats but it´s fun to keep track of it. Especially the online stats. :) Can we please have it added in a patch?

TheFrostE
26th September 2008, 09:45 PM
i think they need to work on getting the basics stats up and running fully first, half the people that play cant even synchronize their personal data with the global leaderboards

Lance
26th September 2008, 10:22 PM
I'm merging Karmacoma's stats patch request thread with the wishlist for downloadable content thread.

captain howdy
27th September 2008, 04:34 AM
I'd pay $5 for a pack of some of the stuff listed in the original post, like a couple of new or remade race tracks and more ship skins/classic ships. But I think things like direct YouTube uploads, video replay saves, an online ranking system, and ghost sharing would all be better suited for a free patch.

DawnFireDragoon
29th September 2008, 02:29 AM
as they used the track data from pure and pulse to make the HD tracks, i suspect we shall see more DLC tracks from those two games along with some new tracks, but at least 1 or 2 from 2097 and wip3out, to go with those lovely HUD's would be a welcome gesture. :)

darkfaerytales
29th September 2008, 12:48 PM
-van uber and tigron
-more skins

-p-mar project
sampa run
gare d'europa
hi-fumi
altima VII
korodera
terminal

the option to select the number of opponents you want to compete like in old games ( 4-8-12 )

some more weapons taken from old games like force wall or electro bolt or the ones missed from pure/pulse

RJ O'Connell
29th September 2008, 01:56 PM
P-Mar would be absolutely murderous in HD, especially in the first tunnel section.

Altima VII...I don't know how hard I'd orgasm to see that track in HD but I'd most likely be spent for months. :g

Rubix42
29th September 2008, 02:04 PM
I'd love to see Fort Gale make an appearance, what a fun technical course.

Ideally though, I would be happier getting new courses to pay for. As much as I love the HD versions of the past games, new courses would be a real good time to.

Ah well, maybe that will be saved for WO: PS3 ;)

darkfaerytales
29th September 2008, 02:09 PM
P-Mar would be absolutely murderous in HD, especially in the first tunnel section.

Altima VII...I don't know how hard I'd orgasm to see that track in HD but I'd most likely be spent for months. :g

brother you couldn't get the point any better:+ if it really should happen :rock

we have to do something for that to happen!!!

just image p mar with all these cherry blossom in on your HD screen and you that run whitin at 500km/h :eek

Rubix42
29th September 2008, 02:27 PM
I would pay very good money for a darker menu's screen. The white looks very cool and extremely clean, but after a long session, it really makes my eyes hurt. Something similar to say the hacker menus in Pure would be much nicer on the eyes.

rushin
29th September 2008, 02:42 PM
all the tracks in WO3SE. :cowboy

ohh apart from mega mall, never could get my head round that one on phantom ;)

DawnFireDragoon
29th September 2008, 03:10 PM
track wise:

from 1: altima vii (it just needs to be there) and karbonis (i love this track and think it can work in HD) and silverstream (this could be amazing, just not too bright like the sagarmartha remake in 3: se, which makes your eyes bleed if you look at it's track surface too long!)

from 2097: gare d' europe (a classic) and valparaisso (if that's spelt right, i want to see a non cityscape track with that awesome waterfall in full HD!)

from 3: porto kora (i just like it) and p-mar project (again non-cityscape)

from fusion: florion height 3 (massive jump, yes please) perhaps minus any wide sections and random rocks.

from pure: blue ridge (beautiful)

i'm not personally bothered about seeing anything else form pulse. and to the 64 fans, are those tracks not just revesed versions of tracks from 1 and 2097, thus any remakes getting forward and reverse versions would essentially have that game covered too! :)

bakkufu
30th September 2008, 08:13 AM
two words: Qoron IV :D

Darkdrium777
30th September 2008, 10:57 AM
That's one word (name) and a roman numeral. :D

QoronIV is a fun speedy track, but it's not really technical. In Reverse it would be the exact same thing, speedy, but not technical: you're just going the other way around on a huge circle with a dent.
Even though I like the speedy sensation you get, I would prefer something more technical. ;)

Axel
30th September 2008, 11:08 AM
Qoron IV please. That would basically be another Anulpha Pass but boy was that a fast track on phantom :)

TearsToShreds
30th September 2008, 02:52 PM
What about Talon's Reach? That was fast and technical! (Although it looked a little bland imo)

darkfaerytales
30th September 2008, 02:53 PM
also i want the 3-2-1 GO!!! voice at the start with classic opera voice.

like pavarotti, it should work well

:beer

TearsToShreds
30th September 2008, 08:51 PM
Heh, I was thinking of Tigron and Van Uber as downloadable teams and came up with this Tigron design (didn't know where else to post it, but still wanted to share it!) :

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/Simonbeekman/TigronDesign.png

Darkdrium777
30th September 2008, 10:10 PM
You just 'came up' with it? :O

Very nice :+

RJ O'Connell
30th September 2008, 11:01 PM
Qoron IV please.
It's just Altima VII on cakewalk mode. No offense. Though it is wicked fast as you said. :/

Lance
30th September 2008, 11:33 PM
Heh, I was thinking of Tigron and Van Uber as downloadable teams and came up with this Tigron design (didn't know where else to post it, but still wanted to share it!) :

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/Simonbeekman/TigronDesign.png

Here's a thread for WipEout fanart, all versions: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5202 ?

Mad-Ice
1st October 2008, 09:19 AM
The muse, that is one hot looking Tigron! Very recognizable as a Tigron, because of the nose.

darkfaerytales
1st October 2008, 01:04 PM
very good! nice the muse, this tigron design is very interesting, and i think van uber should remain more or less the same as pure design

guys why we don't open a petition thread for add tigron and van uber as dlc, or do you think is too early ?

Darkdrium777
1st October 2008, 09:14 PM
Because that's a little too much petitioning I think...

darkfaerytales
3rd October 2008, 01:58 PM
no, naah , petitioning is our right of players, i think, because we love so much a game, also we have pay it , and we will pay and we're happy to do it i think for some good new contents ( at least i talk for me...)

love9sick
8th October 2008, 08:15 AM
I want Cury back saying 3-2-1 GO! and also some classic tracks remade like P-Mar project and Talon's Reach. I think music would be pointless as we can just use our own and the option is limitless there.

DrTrouserPlank
8th October 2008, 09:24 AM
Online TT and SL tournaments where all players race either simultaneously as ghosts, or with staggered starts to get the best lap/time over a series of courses, lowest total time wins. I know it will never happen, but I'd enjoy seeing who can lay down the fast laps without hundreds of tries.

Carlos
10th October 2008, 05:32 PM
Every track ever created in Wipeout XL, re-created in HD.

THAT would be rad, and I'd buy it.

Wip3ou7
10th October 2008, 08:54 PM
WipEout HD needs to amp it up and take a lesson from Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars with this feature:

"- A really powerful replay saving and editing tool. You can save a replay after each match of the entire match and later re-watch it with full camera controls (free cam, focus lock, slow motion, etc etc etc) and even edit it ingame and upload the new clip directly to YouTube or export the thing to your XMB and do your own video editing in higher quality."

Lance
10th October 2008, 09:10 PM
Or at least as good as the original Gran Turismo. With higher resolution, of course. :D

cybrpnk
13th October 2008, 01:01 AM
Any news on DLC yet???

I'm hanging for more...more...MORE!!!