PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest press kit ever!

eLhabib
14th September 2008, 03:27 AM
Wow, check this (http://www.movietome.com/users/guy_cocker/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25531928) out! :eek
I sure hope I'll get my hands on one of those! Effin' sweet!

cybrpnk
14th September 2008, 04:12 AM
me want!!!

and why couldn't Sony sell HD in that exact case???

I would've bought 10 just like that *snaps fingers*...ok...maybe like 2...

Darkdrium777
14th September 2008, 04:12 AM
Hey SL, if you're reading this (Which I think you are, or will), release this DVD package! It's good enough for those people like me who prefer having a disk over a digital download :) If I have to I'll buy it later a second time (First time will be digital, not waiting out on this one hehe), but please release this if you can ;)

BARTgai
14th September 2008, 05:50 AM
That is one sexy disc. I think it would be wonderful if they released it like this alongside the digital version. :)

Lance
14th September 2008, 06:18 AM
Oh, to be a member of the Press. :lust

Spaceboy Gajo
14th September 2008, 06:30 AM
Hey I'm pretty envious of those who will be getting their preview copy. They better like it or else... :D

Any ways, do these puppies ever get released onto eBay after all is said and done?

If so, I'd definitely like to put a bid. Like I said, put in a bid. Never been successful with the eBay shopping experience. Always getting sniped :(

chri5
14th September 2008, 07:12 AM
That looks sweet.

stin
14th September 2008, 07:21 AM
ME WANT!

It`s soooooo beautiful!:frown: If it`s goes to ebay and I`m hoping to get the right price!

*Dreaming, stroking my beautiful HD like a precious baby, goo goo ga ga. *phow! wakes up!, oh..groan!!:frown:

stevie:paperbag

Nadia Elenova
14th September 2008, 07:40 AM
Bah, i'ts not that awesome, so if I were you I won't look around to get a copy ...........
I didn't cheat you , right? :P ME WANT TOO!!!!

Axel
14th September 2008, 08:54 AM
I know two people in the gaming press industry. It's been a long time since I have spoken to them :)

kit-yun
14th September 2008, 09:05 AM
it's impossible to find i think ? for Pulse on psp, i have buy a special pack (t shirt, cards etc). superb !

Rapier Racer
14th September 2008, 11:03 AM
Like everyone else, I WANT IT!!!!!! :banzai

Don't hope for a reasonable price on ebay stevie, if one goes up half the forums will be bidding for it. :P

lunar
14th September 2008, 03:19 PM
If this comes up on ebay just give up. You will have to defeat my iron will and frightening financial resources. *shakes piggy bank*

It does look sweet. Does the disc have the game on? Or is it that on the flash drive? Wonder if there`s time before release for me to start a popular gaming blog and get SL to send one over.

mdhay
14th September 2008, 03:46 PM
Like everyone else, I WANT IT!!!!!! :banzai

Don't hope for a reasonable price on ebay stevie, if one goes up half the forums will be bidding for it. :P

What half the forums?

*Atom bomb x 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000*

[Aww, I can't use subscript:(].

Lance
14th September 2008, 05:34 PM
I think you meant superscript?

mm... I can't do it.

Atom bomb x 7x10^43?

Chill
14th September 2008, 05:55 PM
Cool... don't know why they won't release it in an actual disk as well... Then I could play it earlier... doesn't make any sense to me that they would produce this then just not release it... But it looks like a collectable, and is Wipeout, so it would go right up on my collectable Wipeout merchandise list in a split second...

lovedr
14th September 2008, 08:12 PM
just to reiterate previous posts, i also think the press package looks absolutely awesome and would love SL to release in that format (even if in limited quantity and hugely overpriced we'd all buy it) and if not prepare for the mother of all ebay bidding wars if one ever turns up for sale lol.

Ota
14th September 2008, 08:26 PM
Great, just give us the download only then Sony. What does a press loot do with this anyway? It'll just land on a heap of other gifts and givaways. :bomb

What a waste...

chrominance
14th September 2008, 08:27 PM
I've been trying to imagine what a version of this would look like minus the metal case and with proper cover art for retail. I imagine it wouldn't look all that different, and makes me wonder whether SCEE/SCEA put all this work into the kit for reasons beyond media coverage. (Though far be it from me to ever underestimate the lengths to which PR departments will go to get media outlets to write nice things about their products!)

eLhabib
14th September 2008, 08:40 PM
oh you have no idea. Press kits, especially from Sony, are teh shits! Sadly, they are very limited, and it's like an unwritten law not to sell them over ebay...

cybrpnk
14th September 2008, 09:25 PM
I know a guy here who used to write for a multi-platform magazine...but now he only writes for the Australian XBOX magazine...hmmm...wonder if he knows people, who know people, who killed people, who know people with the press kit...*ponders*

HydrogLox
15th September 2008, 02:35 PM
... doesn't make any sense to me that they would produce this then just not release it...

I wouldn't be surprised if the "oversize flash disk" is in fact a dongle/decoder keyed to the disk (to discourage piracy). While it may be feasible to create a 100 or so of these for promotional purposes, mass-production would be too expensive. Further security features may require an on-line connection for the dongle/decoder to work - that connection in turn could be used to "expire" (i.e. erase) the dongle for whatever reason. So in the end those press kit disks may all end up as fancy (collectible) coasters ...

However all of this is pure conjecture at this point but given corporations' concern about digital rights management, who knows? Why would the press kit include both a flash disk AND a DVD when in fact Wipeout HD could easily be stored on a single-layer DVD-5 (4.7 GB) OR even that 2 GB flash disk that I picked up on sale for $6.99 a few weeks ago? Then again that "oversize flash disk" could simply be not-so-portable, yet collectible swag.

eLhabib
15th September 2008, 02:49 PM
If you look closely, the DVD reads 'Review Code', and the USB card reads 'Assets' (that's usually info text about features, screenshots, logos etc.).

Sausehuhn
15th September 2008, 02:57 PM
Then I would like to see that content on the flash card :)

eLhabib
15th September 2008, 03:00 PM
Lots of sweet EPS files probably, as it was with the Pulse press kit :dizzy

Sumimasen
15th September 2008, 03:24 PM
Funny how the press, who probably couldn't give 2 sh*ts about Wipeout get this, and we, the 'FANS' can only look enviously at these pics.

Sometimes life is just weird!

Still, I'd be up for one if it ever appears on eBay. Have a feeling I should start saving now...

Asayyeah
16th September 2008, 03:19 PM
Looks gorgeous, sexy, desirable and other words that i can't translate in english :) !!

My friend Anthony got contact with a friend of him who is working on multimedia events ( of course including video games), he offered 2 Pulse press kit to Anthony, i hope he can have the same for HD : fingers crossed !

Amon
16th September 2008, 03:30 PM
That is much more than cool :rock

It would be nice to know what's the purpose of that card near the disc ....

eLhabib
16th September 2008, 05:05 PM
I hate to say this (and I love it at the same time ;)), buuuut...
I just got the presskit!
You can all relax, the game on the disk only works with the debug PS3, and I don't have it here right now - it's at the office. Means I will be providing the hungry with new, self-made screenshots in the next few days.
The USB card, as I expected, contains Info text, the (old) trailer, some screens, all team logos as .eps, and, strangely enough, all the skin textures of the ships (will show, later). I will do my best to document the whole thing in photos for those drooling already, tomorrow.

Lance
16th September 2008, 05:11 PM
}kidnaps eLhabib, and impersonates him{

:g

Axel
16th September 2008, 05:12 PM
Uh is it illegal to share the stuff from the usb key? :P

Bytehawk
16th September 2008, 08:02 PM
can you upload the eps files to rapdishare or similar, would love to make my own wallpaper

Medusa
16th September 2008, 08:11 PM
Cool, eLhabib! Will be awesome to see!

Yome NetSan
16th September 2008, 08:21 PM
Would love to have the logos and the textures !
Please share !!

PS : Do you plan to sell it ?

Sumimasen
16th September 2008, 08:36 PM
You lucky blighter, you!

I second (third? Fourth? Fifth?) the request for the stuff on the USB key! That would be awe-frickin'-some! Nice hi res logos would be VERY handy for my 3D project.

Speaking of which, if you feel the urge to get some nice, hi res screens, I'd appreciate it if you could get a few of the AG-Sys for reference for my 3D proj. That's if you're not too busy earning trophies and getting lap records...

Again - you're a lucky git...

;)

lunar
16th September 2008, 09:02 PM
Martin, you`re a lucky guy, enjoy! :)

eLhabib
16th September 2008, 10:44 PM
I will NOT be earning any trophies, because the debug PS3 belongs to the office, and I can't use my personal account on that, so I will have to re-do everything come 25th anyway...

About the stuff on the usb card: I will try and find out if I am even allowed to share this (some of you might remember I f*cked up a year or so ago with wanting to share Pulse press stuff, so I am very cautious not to piss anyone off this time around :paperbag), maybe put it in the download section of wipEoutzone - for now I can only promise self-made screenshots though.

Amon
17th September 2008, 11:26 AM
The USB card, as I expected, contains Info text, the (old) trailer, some screens, all team logos as .eps, and, strangely enough, all the skin textures of the ships (will show, later). I will do my best to document the whole thing in photos for those drooling already, tomorrow.

Great, many thanks !

Speaking of skin textures one thing comes to mind, and if i remember well i did not read anything about it before.

Will there be in Whipout HD the possibility to create our skins ? And if yes, will they be visible to opponents in online racing ?

Axel
17th September 2008, 11:36 AM
There are no skin editor in WOHD mate. It will be way to complex. Expect this feature for the full game i'm sure.

Amon
17th September 2008, 12:06 PM
It's a little pity :(

But will live happily without this feature, im sure :)

Hybrid Divide
18th September 2008, 06:24 AM
Add me to the drooling masses, please...

OMGWANT! *drools more*

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 12:39 PM
Here (http://elhabib.at/2008/09/19/20-neue-wipeout-hd-screens/)'s a little treat for you guys :)

Axel
19th September 2008, 12:42 PM
So much love dude El. You do give us just enough to survive till next week :)

Skvall
19th September 2008, 12:51 PM
Hm, I dont think I have realised how good textures this game has until now. Really nice. :]

eLhabib
19th September 2008, 12:56 PM
That was my intention ;) The screens that have been released so far pretty much sucked, so I tried to use the game's photo feature to its fullest.

Yome NetSan
19th September 2008, 01:03 PM
So you did those photos ??!!
GREAT !!!!
I got a new wallpaper ;)

Thanks a lot !!

Axel
19th September 2008, 01:06 PM
LOL Icarus has never looked so good. Those images are really sweet!! Infact it has made the wait for the game truly unberable now :(.

eLhabib
23rd September 2008, 01:29 AM
oh by the way - Rob was so nice to put up the beautiful EPS files of the HD team logos from the press kit in the downloads section (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/downloads.php)!
Thanks Rob!

Chill
23rd September 2008, 02:03 AM
Uuuuhhhh.... WOW!!! Those pics look so good!! It's a shame I'm going to have to see more of this for another month until I can get the game myself... AAAHHH!!!! ;)

Darkdrium777
23rd September 2008, 05:01 AM
How do you open .EPS? I tried with GIMP, it gives me an error I can't figure out :(

EDIT: Nvm, working on it... Hopefully it will work.
EDIT2: Done, it works. Thanks for the great pics ;)