PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD gameplay vids

Nadia Elenova
13th September 2008, 09:32 AM
IGN (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/838/838996/vids_1.html) - Funny how the say "High speed combat" when playing in venom class.

CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197064)

rdmx
13th September 2008, 10:14 AM
Love the doppler effect on 'High Speed Combat' (the bomb being passed). Like that the flaming effect upon being hit with a weapon now comes from the engine, not the cockpit. Makes more sense! :+

Zone mode actually seems better with more subtle equalizer effects. One thing that I think is a little annoying is the 'energy is VERY low alarm' - it's very piercing to the ears and could be annoying if one manages to survive zone on low shield. It's not faded out like it is on the Chenghou Project video from CVG. :S

Loving the new start sequence too (may prove odd to long time fans though).

Paradoxx
13th September 2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197064

I'm sorry but I don't like the audio tracks. I think they're not made for this game. Give us harddance/trance/techno...

Sausehuhn
13th September 2008, 10:19 AM
Also love the effect when you fly through a ship's trail.
The new start sequence has a more realistic feel to it, definitely. I like it very much.
Zone mode looks better than before, in my opinion. Also love the effect here when the ship is hidding the wall.

I agree about the low energy alarm being to irritating.

Nocturnal
13th September 2008, 11:16 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197064

I'm sorry but I don't like the audio tracks. I think they're not made for this game. Give us harddance/trance/techno...

You can use Custom Tracks with the game.

remenant
13th September 2008, 12:02 PM
New start sequence has passed my expectations. Was worried when I saw them using the pulse font in a few of the previous video's, no more 3-2-1 will make a nice change.

Also the new zone effects don't seem that different, it still mixes in the EQ effects, you just don't see them through all the different speed classes.
All in all, bring on the release date :hyper

Axel
13th September 2008, 02:01 PM
I was about to mention the start sequence as well, fantastic!!!!!! I love the way BR's now drain your shields a lot! BR users are going to die a lot online lol.

EDIT: Also the speed class announcer sounds so cool lol. I'm really going to enjoy this game. I'm praying that they think about adding more tracks to the game.

Flashback Jack
13th September 2008, 03:31 PM
Suppose you all didn't notice the Triakis holding onto the plasma (about 42 seconds in) on the video titled "Coasting on Anulpha Pass." By appearances, it seems we're able to charge the shot and release it when we please.

- F

Darkdrium777
13th September 2008, 03:37 PM
No that is leech beam.

eLhabib
13th September 2008, 03:39 PM
[that's not a plasma bolt, it's a leech beam.] Yeah, that.

Flashback Jack
13th September 2008, 03:44 PM
Interesting. So the beam charge has gone from being a simple cloud of energy to being an outright ball. Curious.

- F

Mad-Ice
13th September 2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks Nadia for the video links. Zone still looks very cool! But I have to agree with the alarm bells that keep on ringing so loud, even the music and sfx are being toned down, all you hear is: BING, BING, BING.

Furthermore the game looks amazing and floathy, every track a different atmosphere. Superb! Checking the PSN right now, you never know:lol

cybrpnk
14th September 2008, 12:17 AM
Wow, wow, wow...and...o...did I mention...WOW!!!

Definitely GOTY for me...my criteria is not based on how good the graphics are...how many units this will push in sales...or how old the pedigree of the series is...

I'm basing this on how well-rounded the package is...and I have to admit...kudos to Studio Liverpool on ushering WipEout into the 21st century with pure un-adulterated style... I'll have to give a huge pat on teh back to whomever was in charge of sound effects cause they are frikkin sweet...graphics...full of muscle...1080 at 60 and with such detail and love going into the models...holy epilectic seizures batman...this is one slick package...especially for a PSN release at such a low price point...

A little bit disappointed with the toning down of Zone...but it's understood...if it had to do with the epileptic seizures issue...still looks very nice though...

This shows that the wait was worth it...and that patience is the ultimate virtue...I probably can't swear here but this is one f$%king sweet game...

Game being good and all...this could have been advertised so well...there are so many unique selling points about this game...it's a shame to see Sony having not done much in that department

On that note...I believe it's up to us wipers to spread the word about this game to all the PS3 owners that we know...that way...we are sure to get some DLC loving...:)

Thank you SL for...(to me anyway)...the best game ever made...

BARTgai
14th September 2008, 03:15 AM
I love the new countdown, the really cool sound effects, and the new effects on the track in zone mode. I think its even better than before.

I'll be buying this the day it comes out! :g

Wip3ou7
14th September 2008, 05:41 AM
during some phases of the zone mode effect the equalizer is still VERY visible... the only thing i miss is the old white sweep.... the new white sweep doesnt "glow" its just a band of white that passes over everything... before it was the same band with an incredible glowing effect that projected volumetric light outwards... oh well.

Nadia Elenova
14th September 2008, 07:27 AM
On that note...I believe it's up to us wipers to spread the word about this game to all the PS3 owners that we know...that way...we are sure to get some DLC loving...:)

I've already convinced 3 of my friends. I've even lend my PSP to them so they could stand a chance when HD is out.

And I also like better zone mode now, less is more.

judus
14th September 2008, 12:56 PM
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/wipeout/video/6197688/wipeout-hd-interview

Don't know if you guys already saw this interview with Daimion Pinnock (producer at SCEA). Appologies if this the wrong thread for this.

Axel
14th September 2008, 04:04 PM
Very nice interview. Good to know that PA (Pilot Assist) will help to bring new people into the game. I guess it's time to expect a rush of whole new fans onto the forums!! :)

Atom6x!
21st September 2008, 05:22 PM
Don't know if these have been posted yet, four vids:
http://www.guycocker.com/2008/09/15/wipeout-hd-impressions/

Darkdrium777
21st September 2008, 05:40 PM
Proof that the guy doesn't have a clue about what he says when he gives WOHD a 7.5: one of these vids show Goteki on Ubermall, but the title is 'Wipeout HD Goteki 45 on Metropia Circuit'
Doesn't even know what track he's on, and we're supposed to trust him with an informative review? :-
I guess the only thing we owe him really is filming plenty of stuff, but that's it.

Sausehuhn
21st September 2008, 06:13 PM
I'm in love with the menus :)

Sumimasen
21st September 2008, 07:51 PM
Loving the new Ubermall cat too! :)

Sausehuhn
21st September 2008, 08:03 PM
Loving that big panda even more! :D