PDA

View Full Version : New Tracks

JABBERJAW
8th September 2008, 01:32 AM
What is your opinion on DL tracks for HD. I am pretty sure most people want more. I am in the opposite camp. There is just too much to learn with the limited time I have, so I like just 16 tracks TBH. Hell, I am still trying to get records in ALL of the other games, even after all those years of play, I can still knock off seconds. So, for me I am against DL tracks. I would like them in 1 year, but it would never happen then anyway. I am not adamant about this at all, just curious to see what others think.

Kscorps
8th September 2008, 01:56 AM
I'd like to see a few tracks from the PSX wipeouts tbh.

Chill
8th September 2008, 05:17 AM
Just some tracks with some darker environments should be added... ;) An "Ergo Proxy" type of style...

cybrpnk
8th September 2008, 07:19 AM
Like I was saying in another thread...SL do not really have to come up with anything new...the WipEout series has an absolutely HUGE database of tracks...i think both parties will win on all fronts...

SL - don't have to create anymore new tracks...just update and revise the best of the best (maybe all???) in HD

Pilots - Already know the tracks almost inside out, so nothing new has to be learnt really, just enjoying the best anti-gravity racing game ever made in glorious HD...

flashbax
8th September 2008, 08:21 AM
TBH I think this is were the DLC would start making money for sony..They bring out some classic tracks re-vamped into HD maybe even a few ships to go with...I'd pay for that kinda thing..

Linchpin
8th September 2008, 09:10 AM
I think some dl tracks from the old PSX titles would be sweet , maybe just one or 2 .
I would definitely prefer brand new tracks designed for HD over remade old ones .

And like chill was saying a darker style would be awesome .
I think , maybe not for HD but definitely for their next title , they should go for a complete different art style , we've had a few titles with this clean shiny neon future .

How about a wipeout in the other direction . along the lines of 2097 art style , but DIFFERENT . Say how pure relates to pulse difference .
A dark technological mayhem future , cyber-punk .
I would love them long time if they did this ^_^

cybrpnk
8th September 2008, 10:52 AM
Just some tracks with some darker environments should be added... ;) An "Ergo Proxy" type of style...

what I'd give for a track designed by Shirow Masamune (Ghost In The Shell)...now THAT would kick arse!!!

SL should maybe approach TDR once again (if there's not too much bad blood)...get them to specially design a track just for HD...now that would be any fans anti-gravity dream come true...

EDIT: don't know if anyone's noticed this...go to WipEoutHD.com...games modes...speed lap...check out the screenshot...there's this little mini projector thing flying next to the craft, projecting the ghost of the previous best time...don't know why but i absolutely love this little attention to detail...Studio Liverpool...you are the coolest!!!

Linchpin
8th September 2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah agent orange , that would be too cool , Shirow Masamune and Katsuhiro Otomo(Akira) are the granddaddy's of cyber-punk . I think a wipeout game or wipeout tracks co-designed with either of those guys would be mind blowing .

RJ O'Connell
8th September 2008, 04:23 PM
Wait, Shirow Masamune has a clone? :g

Sausehuhn
8th September 2008, 04:33 PM
AFAIK there's no DLC planned for now. The content which was designed to be downloadable is now in the game (reverse tracks, ships, 2-player-splitscreen).
If the game does well there may be DLC following in future, but as it is now, there's no DLC coming.

Axel
8th September 2008, 06:12 PM
Reverse tracks was the DLC? :(

kaori
8th September 2008, 07:01 PM
No!

Why not a poll organized on-game wipeout to choose among circuits of old wipeout?

cybrpnk
8th September 2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah agent orange , that would be too cool , Shirow Masamune and Shirow Masamune(Akira) are the granddaddy's of cyber-punk . I think a wipeout game or wipeout tracks co-designed with either of those guys would be mind blowing .

I think Akira was Katsuhiro Otomo...:)

It could even maybe have a cel-shaded filter to make it look hand drawn manga-ish...sigh the possibilities are endless...

DawnFireDragoon
8th September 2008, 10:00 PM
i have to say, if i had bought the game and they later said the DLC was just reversed tracks, i'd have been dissapointed.

For those who are going to buy HD it's good it's all been thrown in from the start as i'm sure many would have preffered entirely new environments or awesome remakes from previous titles and would have felt a bit cheated if they had to buy a pack to race as, say icaras, but had to buy a pack with just a reverse version of, say moa therma, in it as well.

i hope the game does well, so they can make more DLC, but by the sounds of it if there will be any, it will depend on sales and be a loooooong way off.

personally i just want it to do well so the next 'real' wipeout can be realised.

cybrpnk
8th September 2008, 10:02 PM
any way to buy more than one copy??? hell, I'd buy about 10 copies just to help boost sales...that's how desperate I am to see this series do well and have DLC...

DawnFireDragoon
8th September 2008, 10:12 PM
as it's a download i don't think you can buy multiple ones, you could go to a friends give him/her some cash and get them to download it!

it's hard to say how well it will do, with actual ps3 owners, i can see it been appealing...and selling well with them.
i don't think it will sell consoles though...except to the odd hardcore fan...but then i'm a hardcore fan, and i can afford a ps3, but i'm giving this one a miss, it's not what i want, that, and the lack of other titles...but that's another story.

i really want the wipeout universe to continue and for HD to be a success, the possibilities of DLC are there, and if it sells well, people will get bored of 8 tracks pretty soon, so if priced right, DLC could continue and the title could be supported until the next one appears.

Darkdrium777
9th September 2008, 12:22 AM
You can only buy it five times max. After you've got to reformat your system completely or buy another PS3.
Note: if you're actually considering to buy the game five times: create five users on your PS3 and make five master PSN accounts with them. Then add five times the appropriate funds to each wallet and buy the game five times. Of course you only download once, but you can pay five times if you want.

JABBERJAW
9th September 2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think one person answered the question, probably bad wording on my part :)

I didn't ask what kind of tracks would you like (neon, goth, dark light, fruity colored). I was asking whether or not you think they should have downloadable tracks. I don't care to really myself with the amount of time I have to play the game (not much), and would rather focus my efforts on the 16 tracks that are there, trying to be as good as possible on those tracks, rather than spreading my time out over 400 different tracks. That was why I mentioned, even in WOXL, I can still knock time off my records, even after all these years. yeah, I do like alot of tracks, but when it gets to be too much, it makes mastering the game difficult for someone without alot of time on their hands. Of course though, in the end, more is normally better than less. I would kill for 8 more XL tracks right now.

DawnFireDragoon
9th September 2008, 12:41 AM
personally i like the 'idea' of HD, i wouldn't mind a wipeout game, which they continually added to, through DLC, so yes, answering your question, more tracks and ships and maybe features too would be a good thing for HD.

perhaps releasing two remakes, two new tracks, two new ships in a pack every so many months or so, thus creating (as someone mentioned in another thread) an ultimate version of wipeout. one complete package. what wipeout 3: special edition almost was (i say almost, as it only had 8 remakes! not a bad thing at all by the way!!!)

But HD isn't 'that' wipeout, if they plan on making the tracks look the way they have for HD (and this is just my personal opinion here) they don't look how HD versions of them looked in my head, too shiny, too much going on. the track surfaces look kinda wrong, don't get me wrong the game is a triumph for the ps3, but if they remade altima vii, say, i wouldn't want the surface covered in weird patterns and shiny things everywhere...

lunar
9th September 2008, 12:49 AM
I understood you Al, but didn`t have time to reply! As another person with limited playing time, I agree with your point. Pulse had too many tracks too soon, and with all the DLC coming in a big splurge there were 32 tracks before I had even learned the turns in the first 24. :dizzy That spreading thin was one reason why I gave up on Pulse, apart from it being a bit :blarg. The thought on this might be different for those with lots of time on their hands, but the release rate in Pure was much better, with 12 tracks at the start and then the DLC coming slowly enough for me to keep up with it.

Of course there is still no Pulse DLC at all for a large portion of the world, which isn`t good, so the perspective for many there would be very different.

If the game is good enough, though, loads of DLC just isn`t needed, even though you wouldn`t turn it down, because you`ll be happy exploring the tracks you`ve got and trying to be as good on those as you can.

taqili
12th September 2008, 04:35 PM
No!

Why not a poll organized on-game wipeout to choose among circuits of old wipeout?

vouch.

let's get some w3o up in here! No-one can say no to P-Mar Project or REAL Manor Top !

RJ O'Connell
12th September 2008, 04:46 PM
I can say no to P-Mar Project. Feckin' S-curves.

Stanza Inter on the other hand...:g

Medusa
12th September 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm with you Jabberjaw and Lunar - I'll take quality over quantity, thank you very much.

Don't get me wrong, I like having more tracks to play on, but not all at once. If there's plenty of enjoyable playing time to be had on what comes with the original release, then let the game be while finding out if there's any problems with it.
There doesn't seem to be much sense in releasing more tracks for a flawed game, if they could be used in a future game with those problems fixed.

RJ O'Connell
12th September 2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe 1-2 new track(s) every two months would do the trick, of course that's if the sales are high (they will be). And in that case I'd wait for that cycle to start in, say, Winter '09.

Asayyeah
12th September 2008, 06:47 PM
1 track ( white and black) every 2/3 months would be great imo so that we could have a long HD online life ( let's say 2/3 years , in paralel of a new wipeout developping ps3 project ), that could give a constant cash into SL/SCEE pockets ( :paperbag i mean not in your wallet Colin ;) ) to let them work in serinity on that new Wipeout and for us, the fans, we could have those DL tracks to let us be patient.