PDA

View Full Version : Any guesses as to how big (filesize) WO:HD will be?

nrXic
5th September 2008, 10:27 PM
I have 2Gb free on my 60Gb PS3.

Now, I know that 320Gb 2.5inch HDDs are cheap nowadays, I was shown a PS3 friendly one for just $100, and I plan to get that later this Winter so that I won't have this problem ever (don't see myself filling that sucker up!).

Until then, I'm deleting a lot of demos and stuff. I'm gonna get it down to 5Gb free, hopefully that's enough.

Better to do the deleting NOW, rather than when I see WO:HD on PSN and then panic and go about deleting stuff when I could be playing the game. :P

Flashback Jack
5th September 2008, 10:33 PM
The speculation ended ages ago. From the lead designer:

http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89126&postcount=17

- F

Sugar_from_OTW
6th September 2008, 01:58 AM
No way. I read a forum post at neogaf that said it was going to be 5 Gb+

Darkdrium777
6th September 2008, 02:48 AM
Well then go ahead and believe an uninformed member of the NeoGAF boards.
We choose to believe Colin Berry, lead designer of the game.
To each his own I guess.

RJ O'Connell
6th September 2008, 04:15 AM
of course that was announced before the confirmation of reverse tracks and extra ships included on initial release.

(juuuuuuuuuust sayin'......)

eLhabib
6th September 2008, 10:44 AM
the reverse tracks use the same textures as the initial 8 ones, so little to no additional space needed there. Splitscreen as a game mechanic doesn't really eat up space either, only thing would be the 4 additional ships, but c'mon, how much can that possibly be?

nrXic
6th September 2008, 10:53 AM
Cool, thanks for the link!

Yeah the reverse tracks won't add much, if anything, to the install. New car packs in Forza 2 were like 80Mb for 4 cars...so it could be similar for vehicles. In the end whether it's 20-80Mb, that's still fairly small.

Good to hear...1Gb is easily manageable.

infoxicated
6th September 2008, 10:58 AM
In future, please search the forums beforre posting a new thread.