PDA

View Full Version : What tracks are you best at?

Frances_Penfold
29th August 2008, 06:43 PM
Wanted to lighten the mood a bit for this board at bit, following the debates about CFW and speed mods :)

Just curious-- given your inherent abilities / racing style / choice of ship / personal preferences about course design-- what three tracks are you "best at" for Wipeout Pure?

For me, it's probably Staten Park, Anulpha Pass and... well, maybe Koltiwa.

BTW, I pretty much only use the Zone ship and spend far more time focused on lap time trials than other game modes

mdhay
29th August 2008, 07:42 PM
I'm Mainly good at:

Sol 2, Vineta k, Anulpha, Chengou and also koltiwa:).

Xavier
29th August 2008, 10:05 PM
Sol 2, and all of the second series of "virtual" courses (Iridia and the like). The tracks are so wide and easy to drive, and on Sol 2 the visibility is great all the way.

What I'm terrible at is the first "green" series of virtual courses (Classic). Manor Top gives me fits!

alterego
30th August 2008, 06:27 AM
Hi All!

For me all the leagues are ok! even "shitta" nuova!

...but a little mention for my 'kahara descent' and its three barr roll a lap ;)

For the ships: Icaras, Goteki e Ag Sys

Read You soon
CdRom

KIGO1987
31st August 2008, 01:35 AM
Citta Nova is a bit of a Shitta Nova on those chicane parts where your ship keeps on taking off into the sky.

Maybe (not sure if im the first to think of this) if those chicane corners had mag locks on them to prevent your ships taking off, Citta Nova could be one nice sweet fast track, considering how many fast parts on the track there are.

My fav track on Pure is on one of the DL packs. Its the one that sometimes freeze at the end of the race when the race times are being displayed on the screen. Got to find what its called.

Medusa
31st August 2008, 08:17 PM
Wow, well it's been awhile...after thinking back, for pure joy and consistency in results, my best tracks were Sol 2, Blue Ridge, and maybe Staten Park?
But if I look at my records, the best I ever reached was in the TT on Karbonis VR - icky icky track...haha, that's what challenges do to you. It doesn't count though, since I could never replicate it in a real race.

Always liked the Puma 1 craft - somehow it felt how I wished the AG-SYS would have. And everybody killed me when I used AGS. :D

lunar
31st August 2008, 09:21 PM
AGS were a soft target - if you`re really hardcore you try to take down a Triakis ;) I think I got two in two years.

Hard to say which tracks I`d be "best" at, but unfortunately it was never my favourites. On Kai I`d always feel reasonably confident going into Modesto, Mandrashee and 123 Klan, so they would probably have been my best. If I could have been the master of Koltiwa, Burgertown and Ubermall it would have been cool, but it wasn`t to be very often ;)

I would often do well on Karbonis VR, but was rubbish and couldn`t call it one of my "best". My success was only because I was driving round like a nervous pensioner while the FFF pilots were trying implausible stunts and respawning themselves :D

ZenDJiNN
2nd September 2008, 07:52 AM
Sol 2 is almost "Too Easy" :) My favourite track (or one of them) is Ubermall. Mainly because when i first started playing i found it really hard to crack, but not so now. Same with Manor Top, which i absolutely didn't like at all, but now really love. Practice practice practice. LOL!!

Renegäde
13th January 2009, 05:17 PM
I can race on Vohl Square all night long, a nice fast, flowing circuit. Its always one of the first ones I play when I go back to Pure. Done plenty of laps it so I hope im half decent at it.

Citta Nuova is a bit of marmite track and I used to sit in the hate it club, but once I got the better of it, it earned my respect and its the track that usually first comes to mind when I think of Pure. Like Silverstream, Odessa Keys and so on, Citta Nuova is that track that has your swearing at first but gives you the biggest grin once you pull of a perfect lap or a finish first in a tight race. I'd probably say im best at the circuits in the classic2 pack though as those are what I play most these days.

q_dmc12
14th January 2009, 02:52 AM
All of them :twisted

djKyoto
14th January 2009, 06:09 AM
Wrong forum, huzzah!

archman
14th January 2009, 08:41 AM
hm, i just started to play pure, and i'm practicing just the alpha class for now, i think i'm good on vineta k...short with time lately... :frown::frown::frown:

swift killer
5th February 2009, 04:47 PM
I'm best at the Menu Screens 8) . . . LOL

Xavier
5th February 2009, 08:33 PM
I'm terrible at the menu screens... you have to press "X" 5 or 6 times at the beginning just to get the game started and I can never time those right; I can't remember which profile settings are part of which menus; I can't remember how many times you have to go "back" after looking at your medal progress and then wanting to immediately select some event where you don't yet have the gold... the Menu Screens are one of my weakest areas! :lol

archman
5th February 2009, 09:38 PM
Lol +100001

swift killer
8th February 2009, 01:50 PM
i keep getting eliminated on the menu screens

G'Kyl
10th February 2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, and the lag sucks. I mean, in two occasions they force you to look at one screen for a DOZEN seconds or so - after choosing the ship and after waking up from stand-by. Always gets me off balance. My sense of timing just can't take that. I swear that's the only thing that keeps me from the top position in the record tables!!283 *sigh*

darkstaruav
25th February 2009, 01:32 AM
I am excel at Vineta K (I own the American version of Pure). It is by far my most played track and unfortunately I don't have any of the downloadable content so I don't know what the other tracks are like. I race with Zone.

I only play single races and as a result I have my name in either the 1st or 2nd place spots for all of the race and lap times (except phantom lap-3rd :frown:) (NTSC-A). Not trying to brag...

It's kind of a bad habit that I play that track so obsessively!

Chill
26th February 2009, 07:37 AM
well I booted up this sequal just about 10 minutes ago... and it's been at least a year since I did that... and all I could say was: mmeemmoorriieess..... :p

Damn did it bring a lot back... and playing it brought me back to how much hype it really brought to me... Wipeout Pulse although has better gameplay in general and online capability, I think... Wipeout Pure was the game that brought the most excitement to the SL series... well that and HD... especially after that Wipeout Fusion game... :p And I remember just going back to the website and looking it over every single day I had time from school work... I was loving every bit of it... for an entire month!!!

@ darkstaruav: cool name... :p you can get all the downloadable content to Wipeout Pure from http://www.wipeoutpure.com/ ... it's home site...

Harvai
4th March 2009, 09:13 AM
I'm probably best at Sol 2 and Odessa Keys. Spent a bit of time at Exostra Run as well. Should give this game a spin again.

darkstaruav
6th March 2009, 10:56 PM
@ darkstaruav: cool name... :p

Haha, thank you. It comes from an Unmanned Air Vehicle called Darkstar, built by Lockheed Martin. Unfortunately, the project turned out to be a failure. "The Department of Defense terminated DarkStar in January 1999, after determining the UAV was neither aerodynamically stable nor meeting cost and performance objectives."-Wikipedia

Cool looking plane though...

Dusk118
6th March 2009, 11:10 PM
My best track is Odessa Keys in the Classic 2 League on Flash. My best Time Trial lap is 29:35.

anderkovver
6th March 2009, 11:54 PM
My best track was sokana (wo64) i did a lap in 30.1 ....is there anybody who knows if there is anybody who have a better time.... i wonder since 1999 thanks guys ....oh i did it in phantom....in pure i liked vinita k

Dusk118
7th March 2009, 04:43 AM
Um, this is Pure, not WO64. What's your best track on Pure?

GreenPhazon
7th March 2009, 10:27 AM
I used to be great at Ubermall and Sebenco on Pure. Then I lost my Pure UMD and when I got into HD... it wasn't pretty.

Sausehuhn
8th March 2009, 05:49 PM
I used to be good at Citta Nuova... well... till I stopped practising...

lunar
8th March 2009, 11:45 PM
You used to rock at Citta Nuova, it`s true ;) For this player, against you and Arnaud, it was just a matter of watching the gap increase by 2 seconds a lap and waiting for one of you to be eliminated. For me the most exciting thing about such a race was trying to guess who it was.

Mandrashee VR was my "home track". I think "unbeatable" is the word I`m searching for ;)

stin
14th March 2009, 01:45 PM
Mandrasshee, "unbeaten"?, actually you wrong about that one! :naughty, I did beat you on that one ;)

stevie:)

WolfKill01
18th May 2010, 12:05 AM
Check out this old thread!! :D

I perfer racing on the gamma tracks. Staten is a smooth easy ride with a few intersting BR's. Exostra is a little more difficult and has a much faster pace then staten. Then things start getting a little more intresting on Ubermall. More technical then Exostra or Staten, Ubermall requires a ship with a little more accel.(I perfer the Goteki myself:g). There's some pretty fast BR's here as well. And the cherry on the ice cream is probably my favorite technical course ever, Sebenco Peak. Not exactly a well liked track around here, I simply loved it...once I learned how to fly on it, of course. Although it doesn't have alot of BR oppurtunities, you can still travel decently fast on this course. The real thrill comes when you perform that first perfect lap on phantom.
Super fun tracks, love to see them again in the future. :+

Tomahawk
19th May 2010, 08:51 AM
I haven't played pure for a long time now, but back in the days I guess I was best at Chengou Project, Iridia, Sebenco Climb and all Classic 2 Tracks (except Altima maybe). Racing the Classic 1 tracks usually resulted in an utter disaster (contender eliminated) for me though... :paperbag

ACE-FLO
21st May 2010, 12:02 PM
Pure was a visual masterpiece, the track I was best at was the probably the easiest in the game - was the 123KLAN track, it was DLC.

I sucked quite badly on a lot of the tracks though, BR's were new to me and it wasn't until Pulse that I'd mastered them.

Worrying Wonton
22nd May 2010, 09:44 AM
I don't think I hold a particularly fast time on this track compared to others out there, but I'd say I'm best at Khara Descent in Delta league. I'm counting the track I'm best at as being the track I swap paint with the walls the least often on. My best phantom (NTSC-A version of Pure) time on Khara Descent is 20.62 in a team Triakis ship.

My favorite tracks btw are Citta Nuova, Sinucit, Khara Descent, and Blue Ridge (despite me whining about it in an earlier post).

Alan Campbell

stin
22nd May 2010, 09:53 PM
Favourite!!!, well, that`s a hard one for me!;)

Khara Descent!!!! (NTSC-A version of Pure), I just decided to play on that version!!!:bat

stevie:g