PDA

View Full Version : Race Teams in WOHD

alka16r
28th August 2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry if my question got a previous answer in other thread but since news that we got from elHabib thanks to his meeting with a member of the dev. team, what are the race teams that will be availlable in WOHD ?

eLhabib
28th August 2008, 11:18 AM
FEISAR
AG-Systems
Qirex
Assegai
Piranha
EG-X
Goteki
Triakis

and for additional, unlockable teams:

Mirage
Auricom
Harimau
Icaras

Sausehuhn
28th August 2008, 11:53 AM
I don't believe it's in the game, but there are also Tigron ads visible.

rdmx
28th August 2008, 11:55 AM
Indeed:
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8067/tigronia4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Maybe their AG-Racing division is no longer active? Or could we see a team rise from the ashes?

eLhabib
28th August 2008, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't read too much into that, especially seeing as it appears to be an asset from Pure (the ad graphic itself). Might just be a filler they put in in an early build. Plus, SL stated that there are no plans for additional downloads atm, all depending on how well the game is received.

rdmx
28th August 2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah - that's pretty much what I'm thinking. If I recall, someone ripped this little ad from a fairly early version of the game or the Wipeout HD website (one of the old-ish videos of Metropia, something like that).

Mad-Ice
28th August 2008, 12:24 PM
How can you forget the Pure super ship?;) Triakis.

eLhabib
28th August 2008, 12:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHA SH*T! totally forgot it! must be subconcious ;) trying to make my biggest enemy un-exist!

Mad-Ice
28th August 2008, 12:30 PM
Well Triakis in Pulse is maybe even the worst ship in the game, I wonder what it will do in HD?

eLhabib
28th August 2008, 12:34 PM
Was it really that bad in Pulse? Didn't know that - my playtime with Pulse was very limited due to immediate dislike. Haven't tried Triakis in the GC build, only Icaras, which flies like a charm (No.1 candidate for supership here), and Mirage, which felt awfully heavy around corners.

rdmx
28th August 2008, 12:40 PM
It's terrible compared to the rest of the competition. It fills a niche that doesn't need to be filled. The stat balance in Pulse puts shield at the very bottom for priority - shield makes such a minimal difference to the amount of damage you take it is seriously not worth it. Next most useless for competitive play is top speed (a nosed down AG-SYS beats a nose up Pirhanha if you can be bothered moving the analog stick up), meaning that the Triakis' two strongest traits are nullified.

Mad-Ice
28th August 2008, 12:54 PM
Yup Triakis in Pulse is so bad. Really cool to hear Icaras handles like a charm. Can you tell more about the teams and their handling, skins and other things?

eLhabib
28th August 2008, 01:15 PM
As I said, I only tried Icaras and Mirage. The handling in general does feel quite different than Pulse's, I wouldn't go as far as to say it feels w3o-ish, but the float has definitely been upped :D (and the PS3 analog sticks are a completely different game compared to the PSP nub, naturally)
Concerning damage: I had a couple of splitscreen races with Tony, and each time my energy was getting low real fast. Might have to do with the fact that BRs now suck way more energy, but even so, it surprisd me that I was even close to exploding after only 1 1/2 laps!
Speaking of skins, I think I already wrote that, there are 3 designs for each ship, and a platinum skin when you max out on loyalty points. Looks like T1000 formed a wipEout craft, all chromey and whatnot. Personally, I like the painted designs better, but it will certainly attract people with the bling factor. ;)

rdmx
28th August 2008, 02:03 PM
It'll be like the CoD4 golden guns. Ohhhh so useless :P

darkfaerytales
28th August 2008, 03:23 PM
and the concept ship models ? there are many old pics around in which is shown concept ship model for quirex and some others...

taqili
28th August 2008, 04:44 PM
Speaking of skins, I think I already wrote that, there are 3 designs for each ship, and a platinum skin when you max out on loyalty points. Looks like T1000 formed a wipEout craft, all chromey and whatnot. Personally, I like the painted designs better, but it will certainly attract people with the bling factor. ;)

sounds like Burnout Paradise!

Sausehuhn
28th August 2008, 05:58 PM
@eL

Noticed the same in Pulse; the energy goes low very fast, every contact with the wall or weapons cause a lot of energy loss. Sometimes you just go from one weapon pad to the next one just to recharge your energy.
I don't like that.

Rapier Racer
28th August 2008, 10:55 PM
As I said, I only tried Icaras and Mirage.

What the hell are you doing flying around in an Icaras you traitor! :p;)

Seriously though, all this mass energy suckage is a little concerning for someone like me who flies Assegai. On the other hand I like how it seems easier to kill other players once more, none of this pussy whipped nonsense ala Pulse.

Tell me the plasma is actually useful for more than absorbing again?

cybrpnk
28th August 2008, 11:27 PM
On that note...in response to the pussy whipped comment by rapier...

I'm all out for the old damage system of WipEout and I agree, the plasma bolt lost its kick from days of 2097 where you knew that if you unleashed one of these babies, and if you hit it right on the spot, you felt like...er...god???

Anyway, my question is...anyone here miss the pit stops of old...I have to admit the weapon absorb dynamics is a great step up in the evolution of WipEout...but for some reason, I miss cranking in at 800kmh around bends and when needed, just whip quickly into a pitstop to re-energise...

Avenger2197
29th August 2008, 05:27 AM
I, for one, "sort of" miss the pit stops, but I like the new(ish) setup a lot better. Nothing like keeping in the race without being slowed down to a point where snails would outrun you.

But if I feel the need to "pit" a la the legacy games, well I can and do play the legacy games. Anyway, HD's handling of absorb is pretty damn cool IMO.

On ship skins, they should have done classic skins for the ships at max loyalty. Oh, I don't know, W3O perhaps?:g

eLhabib
29th August 2008, 08:17 AM
Pit lanes were classy, but the absorb system does more for the flow of the game.

And don't you worry, the plasma has been beefed up considerably, as Tony told me. I think I recall him saying that more often than not, it will result in an elimination (so I guess it sucks about 75% off a medium shielded ship).

Rapier Racer
29th August 2008, 03:16 PM
The thing that most pissed me off about it in Pulse was the speed it moved at, you could practically fly along with it sometimes, if anything needs to change its that and that alone. Oh and the fact that it can just explode right into the track after you fire it.

alka16r
29th August 2008, 08:16 PM
I know that my question could seem to be too subjective but I'm sure that "hardcore" WO players would give their very objectiv point of view on that : what is the best team in WO ever ?

RJ O'Connell
29th August 2008, 08:38 PM
That's almost impossible to answer. Because there hasn't been a really "dominant" team throughout.

Pure had Triakis, XL had Piranha, W3O had Icaras and the original had AG Systems. Fusion and Pulse are still up in the air.

Rapier Racer
29th August 2008, 08:45 PM
Best team ever threads have been done to death already haven't they? Lots of different answers to that question exist, you want mine? Look at my avatar.

RJ O'Connell
29th August 2008, 08:56 PM
we all know the one correct answer - G-Tech. :g

Joking aside, I think it'd make sense to see Tigron and Van-Uber, since this is set in the bridge series between Pure and Pulse. At least Van-Uber - they built a solid ship for Wipeout Pure and it still has a unique charm to it. (And by charm I mean "weirdness". But that's cool.)

Lance
29th August 2008, 09:33 PM
Back on topic, please, gentlemen. This subject is not only offtopic, it's been "done to death" and there is already a separate thread for it

RJ O'Connell
29th August 2008, 09:39 PM
There was a second part to my last post that was getting back on-topic...

alka16r
29th August 2008, 09:39 PM
All my apologize for such "noobness". I should have check in forum before posting. So let's go back to post subject.

RJ O'Connell
29th August 2008, 09:40 PM
I'm looking forward to HD just so I can play as the ships I didn't get with Pulse. :D

And for other reasons as well.

mdhay
31st August 2008, 03:40 PM
FEISAR
AG-Systems
Qirex
Assegai
Piranha
EG-X
Goteki
Triakis

and for additional, unlockable teams:

Mirage
Auricom
Harimau
Icaras

Why can't all the teams be unlocked from the start? It's like making Van Gough actually paint the Mona Lisa with a smile on her face, and not a wince.

RJ O'Connell
31st August 2008, 04:19 PM
I like it, if there's only eight tracks and they're all unlokced from the start, it gives me another set of "checkpoints" for my progress ^_^ I'm just happy that they're even in this game to begin with after the Pulse debacle.

rdmx
1st September 2008, 07:26 AM
Well you'll be happy RJ because it appears that not all tracks are unlocked to begin with :) Don't forget the reverse variants to unlock also.

Rapier Racer
1st September 2008, 03:11 PM
It's not like they are going to stay locked for very long now is it :p

RJ O'Connell
1st September 2008, 08:40 PM
Maybe they'll have the higher speed classes as unlockables...

cybrpnk
1st September 2008, 08:52 PM
Surpassing Phantom???

Zen???

Transcendence???

Brain Melt???

:)

RJ O'Connell
1st September 2008, 08:57 PM
Nah. More like "win enough races at Venom and unlock Flash, win enough at Flash and unlock Rapier, etc."

That was a flaw in the racebox of Pulse - you would end up racing at eyeball-blistering pace at Rapier and then have to slow to a crawl at Venom. :/

(Zen would just be ridiculous.)

cnmth
24th September 2008, 05:55 PM
I made this little file with all the wipeout HD/Pulse teams and stats in it, really easy to compare the teams now.

Might be usefull 2 you, here it is:

http://members.home.nl/keyl/xdFgei/wipeout-teams.JPG

I assume that all the stats from the downloadable ships from wipeout pulse remain the same in wipeout HD otherwise ill correct it tommorow ;)

Greetz cnmth/cyno

Fascia
24th September 2008, 06:01 PM
Why can't all the teams be unlocked from the start? It's like making Van Gough actually paint the Mona Lisa with a smile on her face, and not a wince.

....wait what?

SouthendRage
24th September 2008, 07:46 PM
I made this little file with all the wipeout HD/Pulse teams and stats in it, really easy to compare the teams now.

Might be usefull 2 you, here it is:

http://members.home.nl/keyl/xdFgei/wipeout-teams.JPG

I assume that all the stats from the downloadable ships from wipeout pulse remain the same in wipeout HD otherwise ill correct it tommorow ;)

Greetz cnmth/cyno

FEISAR are at the top? I would never have thought that.... Pirahna arn't brilliant tho.... Nice table anyways, very revealing.

Lance
24th September 2008, 08:36 PM
....wait what?

Yeah, it's true. And I heard that Leonardo painted 'Guernica'. And "Nude Descending A Staircase', too.

cnmth
24th September 2008, 09:23 PM
FEISAR are at the top? I would never have thought that.... Pirahna arn't brilliant tho.... Nice table anyways, very revealing.

Its not done by the number 1 ship on top of the table and worst ship at the bottom..

Just coincidence that the 2 teams with both a total of 33 points are @ top.
All teams are good, its just a personal preference of looks and stats.
Only made the table 2 compare the teams :)

Darkdrium777
24th September 2008, 09:42 PM
Pirahna arn't brilliant tho...Piranha ain't brilliant? I suggest you check out the WipEout-Game tables for Outpost 7 White in Phantom... ;) Piranha is just as good as any other ship, it only depends on the driver :)

RJ O'Connell
24th September 2008, 09:46 PM
They'd probably be even more brilliant if Top Speed actually meant something like it did in WO3. Triakis has one of the best ships in that category and they were absolutely ****ing useless in WO Pulse. Maybe SL fixed it for HD? We'll find out.

Flashback Jack
24th September 2008, 10:37 PM
I honestly don't believe Triakis was broken to begin with in Pulse. It's just that nobody used the ship enough to allow it to shine. It does after all hold at least a couple top three slots on wipeout-game.com (Phantom).

- F

SouthendRage
25th September 2008, 05:26 AM
Piranha ain't brilliant? I suggest you check out the WipEout-Game tables for Outpost 7 White in Phantom... ;) Piranha is just as good as any other ship, it only depends on the driver :)

Hehe, I was only going by the total points.... It's not like i'm not going to choose Pirahana when I get it today, I mean piloting a Feisar? Or Icarus? :blarg

:xtree It's Xmas again today!!!11!!one

trentdf
25th September 2008, 07:35 AM
OK i admit triakis isn't that great in pulse, but you guy's saying it's the worst obviously haven't flown with auricom. Seriously, Auricom is the biggest piece of **** in pulse- it says 6 handling, but compared to pirhana and triakis i think it would be more suited to a 4. sorry 'bout the rant, i gtta stick up for my team :)

KIGO1987
25th September 2008, 08:03 AM
I honestly don't believe Triakis was broken to begin with in Pulse. It's just that nobody used the ship enough to allow it to shine. It does after all hold at least a couple top three slots on wipeout-game.com (Phantom).

- F

Lol, my records on Vertica Black and The Amphiseum White. Its a nice cruizy ship once you hit top speed in it, quite nice in Phantom, a bit more solid than the Piranha ship. Also a good ramming ship when some idiot is fidgiting around in front of you and you cannot over take them.

Triakis could do with a tad more response in the acceleration and the handling department. But hey the current stats are the ships characteristics. It takes an aggressive pilot to fly Triakis right.

Chill
25th September 2008, 08:29 AM
When I played Pulse and just beat it tonight, like just about a half-hour ago... I used Piranha the ENTIRE time throughout the game... only the Piranha has loyalty points, and yes it is maxed out on loyalty... if the downloads were available, all my time would have been spent with the ICARAS BABY!!! I'm most likely going to use the Icaras nearly all the time in HD when I get it, but if I continue to be eliminated, I may just have to settle for something with more shield energy until I can become a better master on the Icaras...

Ricanebleu
25th September 2008, 11:48 AM
It takes an aggressive pilot to fly Triakis right.

Well, I use only Triakis , and I have to say I like it even better then in Pure. I tried the other teams just for fun , but I find them too … responsive, too fragile. Once you get the hang of side-shifting it is paradise with Triakis. If only the design of the ship would be the one in Pure....8)