PDA

View Full Version : Download...the Skin Editor Software?

Primal-Convoy
27th August 2008, 06:47 PM
Hi,

I was thinking the other day. If someone out there, either Dark Alex (Im NOT suggesting custom firmware..so hold on Mods..read me out please!) or someone clever, could download and make an offline capable and friendly wipeout skin creator?

Im under the theory that if it exists online and can be used online then theoretically it can be used by either a browser (I think some software uses frames like SUPER does as a cheat?) offline OR as a fully stand alone software product OFFLINE, right?

Is there anyway to download internet based software?

Im sure many of us here are a bit annoyed with the limit of 5 cars per user etc.

Any home made versions of the player?

Oh and why the HECK did some idiot make the demo DRM, eh? Us lot in Japan cant get it. It actually encouraged my chum to get custom do whotsity stuff and download the copied full game as it was easier to install than the demo! And I thought the PSP was a non region, PORTABLE device! LOL

mdhay
27th August 2008, 07:27 PM
Techically all you have to do is download the template image then edit it in paint.:p No need for an downloadable editor.:)

Xavier
27th August 2008, 07:47 PM
What about us Mac users? Any way to edit pixel art easily? I can't find a program that does it simply and easily like the plain-vanilla MS Paint does.

infoxicated
27th August 2008, 11:24 PM
This has been covered already in the extensive custom ship skin editor thread - you should trawl through that for more info.

However, the 5 skin limit is a game memory limitation, not a website limitation, as the size is trivial in that sense.

phl0w
27th August 2008, 11:55 PM
What about us Mac users?
As a Mac OS X user myself I came to like The Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/) very much. It's a free program (GNU License) with a Photoshop-esque user interface and workflow. I used it quite a lot before I got my copy of PS.

Primal-Convoy
28th August 2008, 03:07 AM
Thanks folks! Thing is, although I joined the sony site, I cannot access it very well. I live in Japan and when I go to the skin generator, it always tells me that my session has expired. I dont think I should have to join the sony site any in order to get what I want. I absolutely loath their DRMed to the eyballs new direction to the PSP and so I want a piece of software that I can use without navigating the site!