PDA

View Full Version : What means the rankings in wo-game

leungbok
26th August 2008, 09:11 PM
I was very surprise to see my name on the tenth place on the ranking table :o.
It's very flattering, but i do not deserve this rank. A lot of excellent pilots ranked lower beat me more often than i beat them (Kigo,lauga, del-stepho...). Maybe it's due to the fact that i race alot of wipers in various catégories (phantom, rapier and sometimes flash). All i wanted to say is this ranking don't mean the number one is the best pilot, so we must be cool with those résults,we don't need to spend ages to reach higher ranks ;).
Hope it will be upgraded for hd but maybe it's very difficult to obtain a fair formula (pilots don't play against all others, not the same playing time for everybody, etc.)

KIGO1987
26th August 2008, 10:01 PM
I noticed that when i open the Rankings page, at the very bottom of the first page i saw you leungbok in 10th position. I made it to 29th position, then i went back to 30th after you overtaken me leungbok. I think im going to give up on trying to move my ranking, even though im approaching my 1000th online wins and 1000th perfect laps online. ****, i have been playing too much Wipeout, and its my 300th post on this forum, been on this forum too much also. Ah **** it, it shows dedication.

Now the online Ranking System im going to take Rapiers words of advice. 'Put a Void sticker on it'. Until a new revived a system that takes in Win Ratios into account also.

leungbok
26th August 2008, 10:32 PM
yes Kigo, i too think it's the wisest ;)
Or maybe they punish the backquake users :g

KIGO1987
26th August 2008, 10:47 PM
That'll be alot of people punished.... me, Supersocks, Kairo, others.. You let a few rear quakes rip a while back. I was going to let one rip last night when i was versing againest Trent and INFAXSU. But i decided not to, knowing i could be the last person left in the room after the end of that race.

I wonder how leathal the reverse quakes in HD would be. Alot of new Wipers will be playing that game and saying WTF when a flaming wall i coming straight for them.

Darkdrium777
26th August 2008, 11:06 PM
Alot of new Wipers will be playing that game and saying WTF when a flaming wall i coming straight for them.XD That cracked me up :g If the game has voice chat they'll be yelling for sure :twisted

I agree with you Leungbok the "Ranked" records are broken, I'm 55th D:

leungbok
26th August 2008, 11:09 PM
Yes darkdrium, but now you beat me alot you'll level up for sure :g

trentdf
28th August 2008, 10:21 AM
Does anyone actually know how the rankings work? Does it have anything to do with your records or is it just how you go online? I'm kinda pissed off cause my rank is stuck at 400th, and even though i beat my old records and attempt to update, it just sits there. If you check my venom time trial at talons junction, it still has a record that i set when i first raced it in race campaign. I've beat that time and updated about 10 times, and it won't update. WTH?

maybe it has got to do with online play, seeing as ive only done about 130 races total.

KIGO1987
28th August 2008, 10:36 AM
There is only one thing to describe the state on the Wipeout-Game ranking system:

Its not on fire, its ****ed.. its ****ed.. then dramtic background music kicks in (Quote HK S2 US).

By what i have been told here, the system works on the amount of higher ranked players that you have versed online. So if your 400th and you are vs. a guy in 40th place and you where to win several times, this is spose to advance your ranking higher, and also the more of them you vs. that are higher than you and the more you win againest them your rank should move higher. But since leungbok made it onto the ranking scene, i now know the ranking system is completly ****ed, because i do happen to bet him most of the time in online races.... which are always a tight fun battle though.

Oh yeah. suposely all online records TT, Speed Laps, Single Races and Zone records have nothing to do with the ranking system. Ranking system is according to the results of your actual online races.

leungbok
28th August 2008, 12:25 PM
Yes Kigo, it isn't in my interest, but i must admit it ;)

It seems the ranking system is based only on growing, you can't loose points but a guy can earn more points than you and pass on a higher level. If i play 10 times against you, Kigo, and other better ranked pilots (micky, supersox, kappeskop....), even if i loose 9 times, my only victory will gives all the benefit to me. We have more to win playing better ranked players than they have.

Maybe a ranking system with steps and qualifying should be more fair. For example needing to achieve a determined number of victories to reach the upper level, and so on. Of course winning 50 times (for example) on beginners is not the same than victories on good pilots, but after 3 or 4 steps, normally
the level should be balanced. And when pilots reach the last level, we can have the same system as in pulse.

Maybe including the offline records (tt,sr...) in the table can make a ranking based on overall skilled pilots (need to be good online and offline for reaching top ranks).

I hope HD ranking will be more fair.:?

PS : But i'm not that bad !! Beware, Kigo, on hd, i could be a tough opponent ;)

gnesta_93
28th August 2008, 12:25 PM
But what does the points mean then?? And how does you earn points? I´ve understood that you have to win but how much points do you get for 1:st place, 2:nd, 3:rd....

Edit: Ok, just checked my stats at wipeout-game.com and looked at the ranked site. There it says that im not one of the 2607 best player. This morning i checked it and then i was ranked about 300 whit about 10.000 pts to the ranked no 1. At the same time i´ve uploaded my profile. I don´t get it; how the f**k can i go DOWN in rank when i upload my profile? It was about a week since i´ve uploaded my profile before this morning, and in between i have raced many races.

Edit 2: Nvr mind about above. Refreshed the page and suddenly i was ranked 178:PWohoo!LOL

Medusa
28th August 2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, don't pay any attention to those rankings - I haven't even owned a PSP for months and months - but I'm still shown at 35th, right where I was when I stopped playing.

gnesta_93
28th August 2008, 07:27 PM
Ha,LOL:P

stin
28th August 2008, 09:49 PM
Good point Medusa!:clap, I also, never ever been updated my times or online ranking for three months now cos, I`m not interested it anymore and I always entered my times in WipeoutZone`s records.

stevie:)