PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD Price.

KIGO1987
26th August 2008, 02:08 PM
Does someone out there maybe Colin Berry or someone from Sony can tell us what the retail price for Wipeout HD on the PSN is?

$49.95
$59.95
$69.95
$79.95

? ? ? ?:|

RJ O'Connell
26th August 2008, 04:10 PM
Just from an educated guessing method...

(NOTE: this is all using USD)

PSN games run about $29.99. But only HD has a platinum trophy, reserved for retail games that go for no lower than $40. However, Burnout Paradise will also make its way to PSN for $29.99 - I don't know if it supports trophies of any kind though.

Realistically, for the United States it will be in the $30-40 range. No lower than 30, no higher than 40 even with a Platinum Trophy.

As for other regions, just convert that price to whatever PSN games, GT5P, etc. run in your country. ;)

Nadia Elenova
26th August 2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe a silly question but, what's that "platinum trophy" thing?

RJ O'Connell
26th August 2008, 08:43 PM
I have no clue.

Bytehawk
26th August 2008, 09:18 PM
it would be really silly to jack up the price because of a trophy.

lunar
26th August 2008, 09:29 PM
Nadia, I believe a platinum trophy is what you`re awarded when you get all of the trophies in a game. Not all games get Platinum trophies - only big important games :)

And only the most recent or patched games have trophies in them anyway.

KIGO1987
26th August 2008, 09:40 PM
So price conversion from USD to AUD, it could be something like $49.95 or $59.95. Since the Aus dollar is something like 90 US cents. I dont think the trophy suppport addition would do anything to adjust the price.

Frances_Penfold
27th August 2008, 01:34 AM
Most discussions I have seen on the 'web from people savvy to PSN pricing schemes and the whole "trophy" thing speculate that this will be a $40 USD release.

Key word here is "speculate" but that does seems about right to me. I'm sure Sony is right now running out the different price-point scenarios and guestimating what each would mean in terms of sales number vs. revenue per sale-- not to mention establishing a broader user base to whom Sony can potentially sell DLC-- and bragging rights in terms of online purchases for one of their long-held franchises.

:dizzy

cybrpnk
27th August 2008, 04:17 AM
I'd around there...only cause there will dlc later on...which will increase the price value of the game even more...

Darkdrium777
27th August 2008, 04:44 AM
There won't be any DLC later on. Work may start on some if people want it, but it's not part of the plan for now.

turbotortuga
27th August 2008, 04:48 AM
What I gathered was that if it would have come out in say... July 2008, with only 8 tracks and 4 cars.. etc... it would have been a $29.99 US PSN title. However, since Sony wanted them to put the 8 reverse tracks, 2 extra HUD's and 4 extra ships into the original release instead of offering them later on as a $20 US DLC [as SL themselves said that they were planning on], then I can fully see it being a $49.99 release at this point. Sony knows how many Wipeout fanatics they have salivating at the mouth over this title. Hell, they have been cock-teasing us with videos, screenshots, and bogus release dates for the past year and a half. Regardless, even if it was $59.99, I would begrudginly pay it after realizing that I throw away a lot more money that that on retarted things that don't even give me a tenth of the joy some 1080p wipeout goodness will [i.e.: dates with boring women lolz].

loxy
27th August 2008, 09:25 AM
I don't see why the few implemented additions (reverses tracks represent any additional real work in term of graphics resources [contrary to HUD] ) would justify a rise of 20 $ (that would make expensive the 3 months of development…) and why not a release for Christmas with one additional bonus track and some musics for a 69$ price as long we are there…
Colin told us ANY date of release had been planned until now , consequently we should not regard these additions as supplements, the game has evolved, for the quality of gaming experience, but it was for sure a need...

so 49$ means 49 euro for us european, and it's definitively too expensive in regard to what will be the true new opus ps3 of wipeout :banzai
I hope the price will remain at 29$ such it was awaited, the game will be that more attractive

alka16r
27th August 2008, 10:06 AM
well i think there's no need to argue, anything that we could say would be pure speculation, except the clue given by GT5 prologue's pricing.

So maybe we can just give in this thread our expectations about what would be the good price.

Personaly, I expect 29€ (I'm in France).

Wip3ou7
27th August 2008, 12:13 PM
i think $29 american is fair probably, although less would be great, and more would be robbery since sony knows theres no way in hell im not going to buy it

Rubix42
27th August 2008, 01:53 PM
For the good of the game, I'm hoping it hits at $30 USD.

I say that because at $40, you are approaching full retail game price, and today's mass market consumer probably won't be $40 for software that does not come with physical media.

They will garner more sales in the long run if it hits at $30, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will come in at $40. Meaning the hardcores will buy it, and it will be mostly ignored by the mass consumer crowd.

rushin
27th August 2008, 01:59 PM
wow games are cheap in america :) a full price game here is £45/$90...

Wip3ou7
27th August 2008, 02:03 PM
the average gamer who hasnt played wipeout before might not feel secure dropping even 30 bucks on wipeout... i think to really appeal to the masses it needs to be $20 USD. The cost of entry on this title needs to be low so that the game can expand its fan base quickly... and then the game needs to have pay to download expansion content that will keep the hardcore fans satiated and provide extra revenue for the devs. I really think that would be the wisest path for everyone.

Rapier Racer
27th August 2008, 03:35 PM
and why not a release for Christmas

Sorry what? Why the hell would anyone want to wait till Christmas???? If it's ready to be released in September, I don't see your logic no one wants to wait that long.

Skvall
28th August 2008, 02:41 PM
I'm hoping for 29€ and guessing at 39€. Don´t know what would be best in the long run for "Sony".

I think you can forget 19€? :P

loxy
28th August 2008, 04:06 PM
Sorry what? Why the hell would anyone want to wait till Christmas???? If it's ready to be released in September, I don't see your logic no one wants to wait that long.

no Rapier...it was ironic (sorry for my english, but you separated this sentence of its context) ... just for say I would not agree a rise of the price proportionnaly of time of developpment if the "additional" content is not more significant in answer to turbotortuga who is ready to pay 20 $ for 4 cars and a mirror mode...

now… the game can be ready but Sony can decide to release it in October for a reason or another ,according to the calendar of the others games for example...(what I do not wish)

supersocks
10th September 2008, 12:57 PM
17,99€

http://pelaajalehti.com/2008/09/10/wipeout-hdn-hinta-selvilla/

Bytehawk
10th September 2008, 01:01 PM
that's unbelievably cheap.

Axel
10th September 2008, 01:19 PM
uh.........That is over cheap lol. If true then I will be over joyed!!! lol.

Wip3ou7
10th September 2008, 02:00 PM
Please forgive me but how much is 17,99€ in $USD?

Asayyeah
10th September 2008, 02:05 PM
:O

Starting to dance in circle, clap hands in the air and other strange french technique :P

That sounds the right price to hit a load of new gamers ! best selling psn title of 2008 ?

borell
10th September 2008, 02:11 PM
Off topic

Please forgive me but how much is 17,99€ in $USD?

Google has a built-in currency converter, and it works great. Just type 17.99 eur to usd (http://www.google.se/search?q=17.99+eur+to+usd) into google. :)

Rapier Racer
10th September 2008, 02:31 PM
That would be great if it were the price, seems too cheap though, no? How reliable is that site?

Nadia Elenova
10th September 2008, 02:49 PM
And rumour spreads up...
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/09/10/wipeout-hd-price/

KIGO1987
10th September 2008, 03:02 PM
That makes out to be $31.15 AUD....

but i wouldnt be suprised if it where to sell for $39.95 AUD

Axel
10th September 2008, 03:05 PM
£15 quid? Ok I'm actually lost for words at the moment. If this is true then I now know why we wont be seeing this on BR!!! It's too damn cheap lol.

I think this game will be around £25 quid now.

KIGO1987
10th September 2008, 03:15 PM
If this is the official price its pretty good i say.. leaves me with another $40 to waste in my PSN account.. Might get some old school PS1 classics... No ill get those DL packs ive never purchased for Pulse..

Wip3ou7
10th September 2008, 03:20 PM
So its going to be like 19.99 or 24.99 USD?

Frances_Penfold
10th September 2008, 04:18 PM
That seems too cheap-- unless Sony is trying *hard* to establish a huge base population upon which they can release DLC.

If this is a false rumor, it will be unfortunate for Sony, as fans will be disappointed when a higher price point is released :(

Rapier Racer
10th September 2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah but put your sensible cap on for a second, any fan who gets seriously hyped about this price point is an idiot, until Sony says something, anyone could have started this rumor.

KIGO1987
10th September 2008, 04:37 PM
Ive put $80 AUD into my PSN account a fews days back.. So i couldnt give a flying **** if the game was going to sell to up for $79.95 AUD, i would still buy it, since im that pumped up over it....

Just release it already dammit!.. i cant wait any longer... lol.

Hey, ive just realised ive owned my PS3 for a year today. Damn i remember the day i pick it up.. that was some classic chaotic **** i went through to find a PS3. funny too...

Alcachofa
10th September 2008, 04:58 PM
17,99 euros ?! Is Santa Claus working for Sony now ? :g

Darkdrium777
10th September 2008, 06:35 PM
It would be a very good price! Maybe Sony has taken a hint from the 1Up preview? It would be very good for WipEout if it was the actual price, but I would pay even 30$ for it. 40$ is a bit too much I find though.

Frances_Penfold
10th September 2008, 07:18 PM
...put your sensible cap on for a second, any fan who gets seriously hyped about this price point is an idiot...

Heh, very few video game enthusiasts own sensible caps :)

Nadia Elenova
10th September 2008, 09:52 PM
Phahaha! That's true. Too cheap to be true, it's like saying that the game is going to appear tomorrow on the store. (You all know you're going to check it out, right?)

flashbax
10th September 2008, 11:31 PM
well now its officially thurs so i checked lol,,it dont refresh till around 4..to much jd didnt help,,,

eLhabib
11th September 2008, 07:43 AM
Sorry, I find that price very hard to believe. Don't start the celebrations just yet - you may be disappointed in the end...

BaldyCurly
11th September 2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah I agree, I just wish they would give us a release date, I am happy to pay pretty much anything for this bad boy if I am honest.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196939
---
£11.99 so they say @ CVG, still nuffin from Sony though but at this price the game should sell very well i would think!

Now, about that the release date....

Alcachofa
11th September 2008, 12:05 PM
I find it still too good to be true :|

Sausehuhn
11th September 2008, 12:20 PM
That's about 15 Euros.
The game should sell like hotcakes then.

But nonetheless I'm still waiting for an official statement.

yawnstretch
11th September 2008, 12:21 PM
This seems too low - why are Sony selling themselves short? I'm holding off buying the freaking PS3 itself until this game is released and they're selling it for £11.99???? I think they're mad.

Axel
11th September 2008, 12:22 PM
This is what I'm hearing from other sites as well. I'm shocked if this is true. I was expecting something like £30 but i'll damned. Maybe people arn't willing to pay much for rehash tracks in HD.

Hmmm that was in the mind of a colleague at work and it kinda fundamentally makes sense. We are thinking from a fans point of view. Looks like the will just drop this game on the PSN then without much hype :)

Balrog
11th September 2008, 12:42 PM
Eurogamer claim Sony has announced it officially as 12 pounds. (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=234353)

Axel
11th September 2008, 12:46 PM
Ok so its beginning to sound too good to be true. I mean the amount of bad press that would come if the game price is something like £20 quid lol.

rdmx
11th September 2008, 12:48 PM
If the price is true - Unless the development costs were ridiculously low, how are they going to recoup them with such a meager price? :eek

Egg
11th September 2008, 01:15 PM
Sell a lot of copies?

Bytehawk
11th September 2008, 01:19 PM
sell some extra DLC ?

Axel
11th September 2008, 01:20 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the team for WOHD was not that big anyway. Don't forget this is a PORT so I cann only imagine that the rest of the team are working on new projects and a true Wipeout game :)

lunar
11th September 2008, 01:25 PM
I think it must be true as I very much doubt Eurogamer would post a news item based on a rumour, and also they phrased the news with "Sony has announced...." Perhaps most amazingly, the EG commenters can`t seem to find anything to complain about. Satan is putting his ice-skates on over that one. :paperbag Joke stolen from Rob, sorry ;)

If you just look at the comments there it`s obvious this price will bring in a lot of new players - fantastic decision by Sony, imo. :clap

Axel
11th September 2008, 01:29 PM
Ok this brings a bigger problem. How long do you think it will take to download the game now there is going to be a Thursday rush for it? :)

The only thing that gets me mad is waiting for a anticipated game to download at turtle speeds :(

Bytehawk
11th September 2008, 01:29 PM
it'll be easy to see approx how many games were sold, there's timetables - just look at the bottom one of the first track in the slowest speed class.

Darkdrium777
11th September 2008, 01:31 PM
This seems too low - why are Sony selling themselves short? I'm holding off buying the freaking PS3 itself until this game is released and they're selling it for £11.99???? I think they're mad.I think you're mad for actually wanting to pay more ;)
lunar is right, it's a fantastic decision! :)

Sausehuhn
11th September 2008, 01:45 PM
Egg not denying the price... hmmm...

;)

Egg
11th September 2008, 01:59 PM
... or confirming it either. Not my department :)

Rapier Racer
11th September 2008, 04:14 PM
Heh, very few video game enthusiasts own sensible caps :)

I retract that statement after realizing how 2 faced it was lol

As for the price.. :eek:eek

stin
11th September 2008, 04:32 PM
I`m pretty shocked at this price and it`s amazing, I will buying one when it will release but I don`t have a PS3 yet!:blarg

stevie:)

Frances_Penfold
11th September 2008, 05:14 PM
Wow, this rumor gather more steam-- I'll still be shocked (though pleased) if true.

I really hope that Wipeout HD becomes a "staple" download for all PS3 gamers.

BornToBeMild
11th September 2008, 05:31 PM
http://threespeech.com/blog/2008/09/wipeout-hd-release-date-to-be-announced-soon/#more-1814

Confirmed.

Rubix42
11th September 2008, 05:59 PM
Must be getting close to release. This price is fantastic.

Ahhh, the long dark wait will be worth it.

Sausehuhn
11th September 2008, 06:58 PM
Now I only need a PS3...

ZenDJiNN
11th September 2008, 08:13 PM
Me too. :) I'm frantically thinking of stuff that i can sell just to raise some cash to get one.

Nadia Elenova
11th September 2008, 08:30 PM
Funds ready. Wait... can you hear that little girl's voice in the back of your head?

Three... Two... ONE...........

RJ O'Connell
11th September 2008, 08:46 PM
11.99 GBP = 21.0526 USD

:g I'd expect to see it at about $20-25 in the US at that exchange. But this is....holy ****, are you sure this isn't LHC-related panic? Am I hallucinating? A game THAT robust for THAT price???

*faint* ^____^

alka16r
11th September 2008, 09:00 PM
I'm almost disappointed for the game's price to be so low...as if somebody wanted to sell me a Ferrari for the price of a basic Ford model...First reaction would be to check if it's not a hidden cam. jock, then realising that not i'd get shocked. And finally I would pay the price and leave quickly the dealer in case he would change his mind!
But right now just have the price..not the car...lol

fusionfrenzy
12th September 2008, 12:00 AM
That is a good price. But I can understand how it could be that cheap- think about it, no Blu-Ray release means no disc, manual or box manufacturing costs, no getting stores to take copies/sell shipments to outlets so no hassle there, less tax (I doubt PSN games are VAT'd), then there's the fact that they wont lose any sales to preowned copies, or to defective discs, and since it is sold on PSN directly, no middle man like Amazon.com to take a hefty retailer's cut.

The only reason Prologue was so much was because the BR release couldn't be any cheaper, and to undercut it on PSN significantly would've made no sense as it'd kill the disc sales off. Makes you realise how much of GT5P was profit on PSN.

Skvall
12th September 2008, 12:16 AM
But GT5P should have been cheaper on PSStore. I would never buy a downloadcopy for the same price I can get a disc, manual and box.
But in this case the download was 399SEK and the BD version was available for as low as 250SEK. Hm tough choice there.

cybrpnk
12th September 2008, 12:37 AM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...

eurogamer article was written yesterday...and eurogamer is reliable...are they not???

now all we need is some official word on release...Colin??? Egg??? Studio Liverpool???

DawnFireDragoon
12th September 2008, 01:12 AM
ok, that's a pretty amazing price. i have to admit i didn't expect that, (especially after the pulse pack pricing) Even though i'm one of the minority who isn't too impressed with HD, if i had a ps3 i'd still buy it without question.

total bargain.

Asayyeah
12th September 2008, 08:01 AM
Fantastique !! Incroyable !! Hallucinant !!
Few words in french , that is pretty rare for me , but what a splendid occasion to say them loud : yihaaaaaaa

SL : thx for pushing SCEE in the right 'price direction' , they learnt from the past with the DLC from Pulse which were sold poorly due to expensive price.

Wipeout HD will hit the million unit DL ( hope this will be true !!)

alka16r
12th September 2008, 08:12 AM
Does this price means that we'll not have a BRD release of WO:HD ?

In one hand, if we consider that "The only reason Prologue was so much was because the BR release couldn't be any cheaper, and to undercut it on PSN significantly would've made no sense as it'd kill the disc sales off " it necessarly means that we'll not have a BRD release.(except if Sony decides to retail it at the same price but Sony's not Santa Claus..)

But in the other hand it also could means that we'll have a BRD release with a higher price due to all retail costs.

Don' know what to think about it.

MadMax1978
12th September 2008, 08:35 AM
that equates to about $30 au at a guess

Not bad buying a $600 PS3 for a $30 game.

that will mean i've spent $630 for my new wipeout fix :D

roughy the same for what a payed for my PS1 and OG wipeout back in 1995 :)

eLhabib
12th September 2008, 09:18 AM
@Arnaud: at that price (which really surprises me), I don't think the million mark will be any problem at all. YAY!

@alka16r: only way I see wipEout HD coming to BluRay shelves is as a special edition disc with all sorts of added fancy (manual, design booklet, collectors box), if the game sells in the millions.

Colin Berry
12th September 2008, 12:11 PM
It is a great price for people who buy games

£11.99, 17.99Euro,
I think The US price will be announced any day too, and it wont disappoint

Release date will likely be confirmed very soon too as the team has been told it.

Cant wait to actually see it available

Sausehuhn
12th September 2008, 12:28 PM
I'm really happy about the price and I'm not really complaining about the it, I think everyone expected it to cost more. Nonetheless I don't understand why it's 18 Euros and not something like 15,49 or 15,99.

eLhabib
12th September 2008, 12:28 PM
AHA! So you know the date, huh?
C'mon, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone, promise! ;)

flashbax
12th September 2008, 12:37 PM
Everything to do with this looks like a recepie for the best PSN maybe in my view best PS3 game since release of the system

Axel
12th September 2008, 12:38 PM
Good stuff Colin. I'm so hoping for a Sep 25th release date. I'll be so booking the next two days off lol.

Lance
12th September 2008, 02:33 PM
I~snip~
I think The US price will be announced any day too, and it wont disappoint

Release date will likely be confirmed very soon too as the team has been told it.

Cant wait to actually see it available

Yay! :+

And also about time the team got rewarded with seeing their work out in public.

[and also this thread can finally be done with. :D ]

Sumimasen
12th September 2008, 02:41 PM
Nice one Colin! Guess this confirms the price then.

I have to say that I for one would have been willing to pay a LOT more for this title. I am shocked that the final price is so low. Ah well, hopefully I can sink more cash into the DLC then, huh? ;)

Rapier Racer
12th September 2008, 04:40 PM
(I doubt PSN games are VAT'd)

I think they would be, just like itunes and all that, almost anything and everything a company sells in the UK get VAT put on digital download or not. I doubt PSN games are exempt.

Argh you know the date and won't tell, TEASING TO THE MAX!!!!!

Colin Berry
12th September 2008, 05:54 PM
US price confirmed by American producer Damion Pinnock, actually he's from london, but he works for SCEA :D
Nice guy, beat Paul Tweedle at Pro Evo :D
But then who doesnt

$19.99

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=996

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/689202/WipEout_HD_20_In_North_America.html

eLhabib
12th September 2008, 06:11 PM
Well, normally, I would be getting it from the US store now, because it's the cheapest of the bunch, by far. But then, this is wipEout - I will pay as much as I can for it. €17,99 it is!
Thanks for the info Colin!

Sausehuhn
12th September 2008, 06:11 PM
Nice guy, beat Paul Tweedle at Pro Evo :D
But then who doesnt

I lol'ed :D

Asayyeah
12th September 2008, 06:13 PM
Merci Colin :)
Hope they can release it worlwide at the same time, could be interesting to see how many numbers of pilots connected online for their 1st true races on HD.
Geez i am so freakin excited, now i have a trustfull feeling : HD will mark a new step in Wipeout history.

turbotortuga
12th September 2008, 07:28 PM
This price saddens me in some ways. Firstly I KNOW this game is worth at least $40 US and that they are offering it so low is amazing to me. Secondly I had to lol at the fact that "Fatal 'Fail' Intertia EX" came in at $29.99 [and still is] and is less than half the game that Wipeout HD is. Which brings me to the point that had they released Wipeout HD in July on the PSN, ZERO copies of Fatal Interia would have sold, so in some ways it was a blessing for that shite of a game. On a side note, no matter what the price would of been [short of FREE], it would have been to high for many idiots and die-hard retarded Nintendo fans of F-Zero [which fails by comparison]. [i.e: the geniuses posting after the article below]

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/689202/WipEout_HD_20_In_North_America.html

Flashback Jack
12th September 2008, 07:49 PM
US price confirmed by American producer Damion Pinnock..

<offtopic>

Thanks, now can you kick someone's tail about those Wipeout Pulse packs for us North Americans?

</ontopic>

- F

RJ O'Connell
12th September 2008, 08:12 PM
US price confirmed by American producer Damion Pinnock...$19.99
That says just how much of a great deal this game will be. I'd happily pay $40 for a game with this level of content, seeing WipEout HD at $20 is a testament to the PSN's aim :g

Axel
12th September 2008, 08:43 PM
Retarded Nintendo fans? I'm not a retard :). I'm someone who is opened minded and enjoy's both series for what they are :)

Colin Berry
12th September 2008, 10:00 PM
I loved F-zero waay back in the old days, didnt like the N64 one, but enjoyed the gamecube one, it had some lovely features. They are different games and aim to do different things.

Regarding Pulse downloads for USA, well this is not official, just my personal opinion BUT given they havent been released yet, I doubt they ever will be, its a bit late now after all. Why ?
I've no idea, but to me it seems if they havent released them yet, then its unlikely they will for whatever reason

but like I said, this is NOT official in ANY way shape or form, it is just my personal opinion

KIGO1987
12th September 2008, 10:07 PM
So we have got some fixed prices in Europe and in North America. Whats the official fixed price for AUS? Ive noticed in the PSN store Ratchet: Quest for Pussy at $33.95 AUD, is this the price for Wipeout HD for Aus as well? Currency conventer from Euro to AUD says yes.

Lance
12th September 2008, 11:35 PM
Colin, I very much agree with that opinion; SCEA have let it slide well past the point of no return. I'm guessing it's because the downloads for Pulse were not well received both for reasons of perceived excessive cost and for the download ships not having been available for online racing.

Rubix42
12th September 2008, 11:36 PM
Off topic but Colin seems to be reading, so it can't hurt to ask right?

Any tips on how US zoner's can lawfully obtain the packs?

Sugar_from_OTW
13th September 2008, 07:10 PM
So we have got some fixed prices in Europe and in North America. Whats the official fixed price for AUS? Ive noticed in the PSN store Ratchet: Quest for Pussy at $33.95 AUD, is this the price for Wipeout HD for Aus as well? Currency conventer from Euro to AUD says yes.

that sounds totally reasonable, but R&C was $29.99 NZD. That means you guys got totally ripped off.

Sch@dows
15th September 2008, 11:48 AM
Waow !! 18€ ... it IS very exciting.
I suppose this is either a promotion for PSN or because additional content will follow.
But 18€!!!! I'd have never imagine that.

Hope to see it (very) soon ^_^

(BRD version seems very far now u_u)

KIGO1987
25th September 2008, 10:01 PM
The Australian Price of Wipeout HD is:

$27.95 AUD

If you guys have not known yet.

BTW what the NZ price out there, you guys in NZ?

Darkdrium777
25th September 2008, 10:11 PM
Canada: Québec's price is 22.56$ CND.

I wouldn't know for the other provinces since tax is different.

KIGO1987
17th February 2009, 06:00 AM
Any idea what the prices of the DLC packs would be?

KIGO1987
3rd June 2009, 06:17 PM
Whats the set price for the Wipeout HD Fury pack??

Spece2goin
4th June 2009, 04:02 PM
please be patient
you will know it. just wait!
(around 10€ would be ok)

NightArh
4th June 2009, 04:08 PM
And how much approximately will cost all-in-one (wipEoutHD+patches+Fury) pack?

stin
4th June 2009, 04:31 PM
please be patient
you will know it. just wait!
(around 10€ would be ok)

My gut instinct says around €20

stevie:)

stinkleroy
4th June 2009, 04:45 PM
I'm not really concerned about the price, like many others have said, HD has been the best value for money game I've ever had. I would have been happy to pay full price for that, hell I would have paid whatever they asked, and I feel the same about Fury :)

Colin Berry
4th June 2009, 05:35 PM
As Paul has pointed out elsewhere, price and release date are not yet set.

Now I'm going to make a crazy suggestion... until you read it from Paul, or Tony or Damien via the official sony blog dont believe anything you read. :D

It doesnt matter what site you read it on or who posted it, the first accurate news on launch and release date will come from Paul, Tony or Damien or via an official press release, rumour and specualtion on other forums, or on game websites, will just be baseless guesses.

KIGO1987
4th June 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the post Colin:g

aerobie
5th June 2009, 03:07 AM
Now I'm going to make a crazy suggestion... until you read it from Paul, or Tony or Damien via the official sony blog dont believe anything you read. :D

What?! But, but... unfounded, baseless speculation is what keeps me going between official announcements! What am I to do?

(Twiddles thumbs...)

(Tries hard to ignore craprumours.com's suggestion that the DLC came out yesterday at a price of SCEE reimbursing us $5.00 each and including a collector's pack containing all previous wipEout games in edible red-bull flavoured jewel cases.)

(Twiddles thumbs some more...)

(Gets a better idea, picks up a DualShock3, applies thumbs, and fires up WOHD! Nice!)

Thanks, Colin!

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 01:07 PM
Whats the set price for the Wipeout HD Fury pack?

I wouldnt mind knowing now, so i can put the specific amount of credits into my PSN user account. bit on a budget now atm.

blackwiggle
13th July 2009, 03:15 PM
I've put $40 in my account weeks ago to cover the cost ,I'm just hoping nothing else comes along to tempt me beforehand.

Battlefield 1943 nearly got me,but then I had a reality check and realized that I would probably play it for about an hour of so then never touch it again,being easily bored by FPS.

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 03:17 PM
i need to do that too,

btw bw. Do you use a credit card or a debit card on the PSN? Cause im thinking about getting a debit card, but im not sure how reliable they are.

zeeZ
13th July 2009, 03:39 PM
I likes ma debit card. Problem is PSN only accepts Credit Cards (or did so half a year ago)

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 03:49 PM
**** it, seems im still going to have to ask my dad do drop in some dough from his credit card again. ucksake.

Why cant there be a system like with iTunes where you can by some credit in the shops with your actual cash, then hit the digit pin and off you go with more credit on your PSN account.

Rapier Racer
13th July 2009, 04:17 PM
There is, just not for you or me because we don't live in the US.

Lance
13th July 2009, 04:29 PM
Do you mean to say that Sony actually gives an advantage to gamers living in the U.S.? It must be the Only effin advantage they give us.

stinkleroy
13th July 2009, 04:33 PM
I use my debit card to buy stuff from PSN.....:?:

Lance
13th July 2009, 04:37 PM
I would prefer KIGO's suggestion since I have no credit cards and do not want any even if I could get one. Don't want to use debit cards either. All of that stuff is too insecure. Too easy for someone other than oneself to empty one's bank account.

stinkleroy
13th July 2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah I'd prefer that too Lance, however as Rapier Racer pointed out, we lowly creatures in the Euro - Australasia zone don't have the choice to buy PSN cards. Does anyone know why that is?

LOUDandPROUD
13th July 2009, 04:47 PM
Cuz USA > Euro/Australasia...duh! :p

Lance
13th July 2009, 04:49 PM
Not when it comes to getting WO games and DLC.

blackwiggle
13th July 2009, 05:15 PM
Somebody started a petition to Sony a while back at the official PS forums about getting pre paid cards in Aus.

So now a poll has been put up by Sony asking what the preferred value of the cards should be $15,$20,$50 etc ,so I think it will eventually happen,but when?

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 06:01 PM
Just make them $20 and $50 and fuking release them already.

Aeroracer
13th July 2009, 06:27 PM
they should give options.

buy upgrade for whatever...say 15 euro

or buy full game with upgrade at discount rate to get more new players for say 25 euros as a guess

Reezy
13th July 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm guesstimating that fury will cost £8.99 / $14.99

Sideshow
14th July 2009, 09:54 AM
I'd guess there'll be a Wipeout HD + Wipeout Fury pack too.

KIGO1987
20th September 2009, 12:56 AM
Since Wipeout HD/Fury BD, is coming to Aus, anybody get a price guess on it here?

djKyoto
20th September 2009, 01:00 AM
I'd guess around $40-$50, depending on the outlit maybe.

KIGO1987
20th September 2009, 10:56 AM
I guarantee you that the dunderheads at EB and GAME here, will not have a clue when i ask them about "Wipeout BD", they'll say "duhhhhh", like idiots,

One shitfor brains said to me when i poped into EB a few weeks back do you want to trade your "old PS3" for a "new slim PS3",

My response,

"Mate i dont wanna downgrade"

"Im very happy with my flawless old backwards compatibility PS3, the PS3 Slim is shitand doesnt have half of these feature of my current one"

But i reckon the Wipeout BD will be about 49.95 AUD

Haywire_Guy
20th September 2009, 11:50 AM
Just checked it up at EB, apparently its going to be $39.95AUD, there will be no special edition or preorder bonus. Guy only got told about it the this morning xD. I honestly itd be more than the PSN version, having a plastic box and all. Oh well >.>.

KIGO1987
20th September 2009, 11:56 AM
Thats even better news:)