PDA

View Full Version : wipeout 2097 for the mac

JABBERJAW
14th August 2002, 08:17 PM
This game has somehow alluded my attention until now. I heard that it actually was recently ported to the mac either early this year or late last year. Anyone have any info on it?

Eric
20th August 2002, 05:17 AM
I will soon...if nobody else mentions anything, contact me and I will let you know when I have gotten the game.

infoxicated
20th August 2002, 08:27 AM
Yeah - true fact, the Mac version was published a few months ago.

I can imagine that Mac stores will probably carry it, as they're pretty much crying out for games on their colorful plastic anti-Gates machines :)

Eric
21st August 2002, 09:55 PM
Hey that's a low blow dude... They're not even colorful anymore.. I'm a big Mac fan, and I honestly hate the ones from the 3-year span that were all funky colors...it was just a marketing ploy by Steve Jobs to attract a new groupd of people to the Apple world... fortunately it worked great, but UNfortunately, the only people he attracted were posers, preps, and pussies (woo, go alliteration! XD ). The REAL Mac users are the ones who used them to begin with, the people who KNOW what a Quadra is...the people who KNOW what models back in the 030 days were 32-bit dirty...

The only thing that's credible with the fruity colored Macs and now the latest clear/silver/white ones, are the fact that they are still Macs at heart... they still run smoother and faster than Windows machines. And as a matter of fact there are a TON of games for the Mac, that are on Windows machines as well...the only really popular one that isn't is probalby Half Life/ Counterstrike...but those kinda games only appeal to Windows-minded people anyway ;P

(Note: I didn't knock -> PC's <- at all... a PC is alright, so long as it isn't running windows)

Lance
22nd August 2002, 01:41 AM
why, dang it, ya little whippersnapper, i remember [and damned lucky to be able to ;) ] uh.. where was i... oh. yeah, uh... i remember way back in the bad ol' days before there even wAS a Mac. all we had then was Apple II's and Commodore 64's 'n' such. 8 bit one MHz processors and command line interfaces. hoo ee! i'm tellin ya it was a b**ch! then good ol Steve dropped in over at Xerox PARC and ahem... borrowed Douglas Lambert's user interface. but hey, it resulted in a lot of good for a lot of people, so yeah, i still like Steve Jobs anyway; i like his vision of the way to make computers. not just the cheapest thing you can make but the best, most complete, most beautiful thing you can make

infoxicated
22nd August 2002, 11:50 AM
Hands up - it was maybe a low blow. :oops:

I love Mac's as much as the next burger :)

Wiseman
26th August 2002, 07:09 AM
I can imagine that Mac stores will probably carry it, as they're pretty much crying out for games on their colorful plastic anti-Gates machinesHmmm, after Eric's response, maybe too late to post this? Then again, maybe not. ;)

http://ugo.com/channels/games/features/switch/media/switch.mov

I don't know if they have the whole "Switch to Apple" campaign thinger over in Europe yet, but even if you've never seen one of Apple's latest series of commericals, this one's still pretty funny.

xEik
26th August 2002, 02:52 PM
...I'm a big Mac fan, and ...
Do you mean you love hamburgers? :P (very bad pun but I couldn't help it :roll: )

I don't know much about Macs but at least, with a PC you can choose what OS you install. A different fact is if you are willing to install something that isn't Windows.
As for me, I got a dual boot as soon as I had a HD big enough to have both Bill and the Penguin in it.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Eric
3rd September 2002, 10:26 PM
Uhm, you can choose what OS you want on Mac :P Unix, Linux, Mac OS, Windows (emulated of course, so as not to screw with the hardware and infect wit with its microsoftyness)

Lance
4th September 2002, 03:18 AM
eric said: ''..so as not .... ....infect wit with its microsoftyness''

lol. yep, i go along with that sentiment