PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a wipeout Fusion 2 ?

wipeoutfan2
13th August 2002, 06:15 AM
will there be another wipeout game made in the future?

Doesnt one of the mods here at this site (infoxicated/lance?) work for Sony?
Do you have any inside information??

I desperatley want there to be another Wipeout game for PS2, i guess it would be Wipeout 6 (including Wipeout 64)!

Anyway like i said does anyone know if this will happen, or has heard any rumours , we must make sure Wipeout 6 gets made!! :D

infoxicated
13th August 2002, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the forum.

To answer your questions, probably, none of your business, and no. :)

wipeoutfan2
13th August 2002, 10:29 AM
none of your business

well i read a thread the other day (i cant remember which thread) and i am pretty sure the guy said 'i work for sony/Psygnosis" (cant remember which one) so i guessed that meant it was ok to talk about, thats all.

Peace.

And heres to WIPEOUT SIX!!!!! :wink:

Sven
13th August 2002, 02:43 PM
I know who works for Sony, but I'm not telling :wink:
I'm really hoping for a Wipeout Online especially.

Hydra XL
14th August 2002, 05:24 AM
i could b mistaken, but whether or not Sony's interested (and for that matter whether a board member works for Sony) seems inconsequential since it's just a namesake to attain (?). The next wipeout could theoretically pop up on any system, no?

wipeoutfan2
14th August 2002, 07:11 AM
i could b mistaken, but whether or not Sony's interested (and for that matter whether a board member works for Sony) seems inconsequential since it's just a namesake to attain (?). The next wipeout could theoretically pop up on any system, no?

I guess that is true.

Its just wipeout is such a strong brand for sony and the playstation, its like wipeout and playstation just seem to linked together in my mind.

infoxicated
14th August 2002, 09:33 AM
And they are - Sony own the Wipeout brand, so the chances of it appearing on another format are extremely slim. :)

UncleZeiv
14th August 2002, 10:59 AM
I was told by a friend of mine working at Studio Liverpool that they aren't going to develop any new wipeout game for the ps2, and that we should wait for the ps3.
(He also added they are working to a secret project, but being secret, he woudn't tell any further details :( )

infoxicated
14th August 2002, 11:52 AM
Dado sux!

Sven
14th August 2002, 10:09 PM
EXCUSE ME!?

:wink: :wink:

wipeoutfan2
14th August 2002, 10:36 PM
Dado sux!

I have no idea what this means??!
Can someone explain?

Lance
15th August 2002, 04:01 AM
'dado' is one of our members [unheard from in many months]

Vasudeva
15th August 2002, 09:06 AM
I pray to the gods there won't be a Fusion 2. Instead, they might use my WoMax project ;).

Hey, it never hurts dreaming...

V.

rhys
15th August 2002, 09:56 AM
i think it was a good idea, and if you sent it off......then maybe they would consider some of it :)

UncleZeiv
15th August 2002, 10:34 AM
Dado sux!

:-P :-D

infoxicated
15th August 2002, 12:05 PM
Dado is Davide Pirola, a very nice skateboarding, cake making, salsa dancing, footballing Italian who made some of the fancy special effects for Wipeout Fusion.

He sux, but in a nice way ;)

Dado
15th August 2002, 12:47 PM
Dado? I heard of him in the legends, thousand of fans hollering in front of his house, now resting ( after a disgraceful defeat (Rob's 30th event) ) in some of coolest hawaiian beaches, drinking margaritas all the day...

Any questions? :)

Thruster2097
16th August 2002, 03:28 PM
thats a very...... errr..... enduring, yet disturbing image I got in my head now...... thanks?

All I can add is when I done the playtest for Fusion, I was told right there that there will not be another wipeout for the PS2.

Nuff said.

True? only time will tell.......

wipeoutfan2
16th August 2002, 04:47 PM
All I can add is when I done the playtest for Fusion, I was told right there that there will not be another wipeout for the PS2.

:cry:

Wamdue
17th August 2002, 03:14 PM
:o

stin
17th August 2002, 06:36 PM
WAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (really!?)

stin :cry:

Vasudeva
18th August 2002, 09:31 AM
Yes! Mwuahahahahaha 8).

V.

Caffeinated
21st August 2002, 05:27 PM
I was just curious about how well this game has been doing, sales-wise. I bought my PS2 specifically for Fusion. The Wipeout games havent done too well in the US though, unfortunately. I was hoping they were doing well enough world wide to justify a new version being made.

If there's a Fusion SE I really hope there is a US version produced.

wipeoutfan2
21st August 2002, 10:04 PM
yep, caffeinated i was wondering exactly the same thing.

Although of course Fusion has only been out for a couple of months here in the USA so it may still be too early too tell exactly how well its done just yet.

Thruster2097
25th August 2002, 01:15 PM
well,over here in blighty, it has been sold at reduced prices about a month after its release. It is now being treated as a clearance item, an being sold for £14.99.
In short terms, it is not selling very well at all.

There isn't a pheomenal interest about it worldwide at the moment, it seems!
I can understand about it not being a very good seller in america, just purely because of the fact that it is designed for a european market.

Oh, and did I forget to mention.....
SCEE also told me that I should expect to see WipEout "coming soon to a PS3 near you"

yes, you did read that right.... P S 3 (three).
I am sure that Sony are not working on it right now, but it sounds like they aim to go for a release title for the ps3. (and if that is as much of a release title as Fusion was for the PS2, then we're in for a long wait!)

But, SCEE could easily change their mind, like they have done so many times before....
only time will tell

wipeoutfan2
25th August 2002, 06:38 PM
Oh, and did I forget to mention.....
SCEE also told me that I should expect to see WipEout "coming soon to a PS3 near you"

:D

And i am still hoping for something for PS2 as well, i am an optimist!

djb
2nd September 2002, 07:40 PM
well, if there is another wipeout for ps2, i hope its going to be a game i wanted fusion to be, id love to see a return to the old game physics, for the pitch to work, for the airbrakes to swooosh the way they used to, to have proper negcon support (so i dont have to rewire my negcon to get the button assignations i want)..in some ways fusion has spoiled my enjoyment of the earlier wipeout games, in the shallowest way possible. i have become used to ps2 graphics, so ps1 games just dont involve me anymore, at least not as much as they did. i half wish sony had never released fusion, id still be happy with wip3out i think. ...me...me...me..me..sorry about the rant! what are the chances of a ps2 makeover of the earlier games?...and am i really sad for wanting one?, im certainly sad i havent got one!...me...me...me there i go again, oh sod it!!!, i want my wipeout back!!! waaaahhhhh :cry:

JABBERJAW
2nd September 2002, 11:21 PM
It also has tainted my view of earlier games as well. I liked the scraping of the new game, but it is just too forgiving to really like it. I go back to the old games and have to get used to stopping dead.

rhys
3rd September 2002, 04:02 PM
i like the scraping, stopping dead slows up the game, but i never hit the walls of course so i wouldnt notice (i wish :wink: )

Wamdue
3rd September 2002, 07:58 PM
ive gone back to 2097 recently.... the speed when pulling off a perfect lap on phenita park with the piranha is awesome..

rhys
4th September 2002, 03:26 PM
yeah true, when u dont hit the sides the speed is better than any wipeout!!

science
8th September 2002, 04:10 AM
if wipeout jumped platforms, id be screwed. i cant fly worth a **** without a negcon these days. :D

science
8th September 2002, 04:10 AM
i got edited!

DJ Techno
28th September 2002, 07:04 PM
well if there is going to be another street racing game (made for exclusively for Street Racers) *I myself am proud to be* Midnight Club and Midnight Club II

then theirs going another Anti Gravity racing game
like WOF, Wipeout Fusion2 coming soon in 2003

Lance
28th September 2002, 10:04 PM

i got edited!

holy smeg, Joel! what the smeg did you smeggin say?! i mean, what the smeg?! can't we say any smegging swear words any more? this is smegging smeg!!

[this post was edited by Lance]

infoxicated
29th September 2002, 03:06 PM
Erm... nothing to do with me, whatever you're talking about!

I think I'll turn off that swear filtering - it's not too good, is it?

xEik
29th September 2002, 03:31 PM
[Lance:] DejÃ* vu? :D

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6109#6109

Lance
29th September 2002, 05:41 PM
xEik: great minds smeg alike! :D

Rob: i was just kidding; i don't really have a problem with it; all it does is to make ''smeg'' a new curse word, cos we all know what is being said. and it provides a source of humour. i suppose the filter does smack of unneeded censorship, but you're the system admin. it's your job to either make a policy or if you choose, to put it to a vote. if there's something the members don't like, they can always smeg about it to you in an effort to change it. :D

Vasudeva
30th September 2002, 08:03 AM
It really does smeg man.

I feel like a smegging Smurf :D

V.

DJ Techno
30th September 2002, 03:09 PM
I don't know what smeg means :confused:

But here it goes
All you guys really smeg, I problaly smeg too, but not as much as everybody else
so were all a bunch of smegs "there I said it, don't know what smeg is, but I know I am gonna find out.

Angryman
10th March 2003, 12:33 PM
Maybe, just maybe Sony will suprise everyone and show an online WipE'out" @ E3, I heard SCEE were showing Colony Wars (online) and Destruction Derby (online) at E3, so a WipE'out" online seems natural...

zargz
11th March 2003, 01:40 PM
I wouldnt hold my breath .. :-?

Spaceboy Gajo
11th March 2003, 08:49 PM
Same here.

It was stated before that the next installment would have to wait until the PS3 comes out.

If the online games fly, then it'd be better if they wait for a better processor. Especially if it's the one that I heard rumours about. I think Sony know their hardware isn't up to stuff with the other platforms.

spaceboy gajo :D

Harvai
1st May 2003, 01:38 AM
yeah, it's probably true, but people won't hold out for too long once their favourite game goes online (Gran Turismo 4, drool...)

on the 'smeg' topic, didn't it come from the TV show Red Dwarf?

Yuret
8th May 2003, 09:32 PM
When I first heard Wipeout Fusion was gonna be released I thought it'd have a 4 player split screen option and it'd have a fully revamped version of the terrific Eliminator mode from Wip3out. I was diasppointed when neither of these featured in the final versions of the game so I hope any future Wipeouts will have this.

Thruster2097
27th May 2003, 11:20 PM
From what limited rescources I now got (seeing as SCEE dont like me now :x ) there are rumors floating about of a wipeout-ish handheld game...
It wont have the physical power to look great, but it might give those *@#!¬ northerners the challenge to put the emphasis on passion, not polygons.

infoxicated
28th May 2003, 08:34 AM
You'll believe anything! :lol:

If it was happening, I'd most likely know about it... and AFAIK, it isn't happening...

...that doesn't mean it wont happen! :)

Hybrid Divide
5th June 2003, 12:16 PM
Though if they were ever to make another WipEout game. I'd certainly hope they would bring back the spirit of the first 3.5 games (WO64 being the .5 as an extension to 2097) as well as have someone who has a true passion for the games to head the project.

*sigh*

I yearn for the day when we can actually pilot "floating" craft on realistic (ie: NO LOOPS) tracks.... And the elemination of the flamethrower...amongst other things...

Long live WIpEout! :D