PDA

View Full Version : difficulty settings

JABBERJAW
29th July 2008, 08:44 PM
Does wipeoutgame.com take records for single race regardless of difficulty hard/easy? It doesn't look like it is set up for this. I am assuming most people race on easy to not take a beating the entire race

just curious, not entering times anytime soon.

Rapier Racer
29th July 2008, 08:59 PM
I was wondering about that as well, I'd put serious money on it not taking into account the difficulty settings.

Frances_Penfold
29th July 2008, 10:09 PM
I inquired about this a while back, and IIRC, the answer was that the difficulty level is not taken into account or recorded... which means that for generating records in single races, there is ZERO motivation to play at the medium or hard AI levels :(

I kinda wish the game only kept track of race records set at "hard." At "easy" the AI is such a push-over that it provides very little challenge outside of the first quarter or half-lap-- ends up being very much a time trial run with weapon's pads thrown in.

Rapier Racer
29th July 2008, 10:19 PM
I dunno about zero motivation, if your solely setting out to set records then yes, the cowards way would be easier, but also boring, not that hard AI is that challenging once you master the game but theres more of a fight :P

Darkdrium777
29th July 2008, 10:35 PM
but theres more spam :PFixed.

For all I've seen the only challenge in Hard is that the AI somehow drives faster (Not better), and shoots more often (A lot more often). :/

JABBERJAW
29th July 2008, 11:53 PM
easy seems to be more on a level field for everyone, meaning that you pretty much know what it is going to do. On difficult, the entire challenge is getting by the AI as fast as possible, or you will get blasted by weapons, making it much more of a luck factor

Asayyeah
30th July 2008, 01:51 PM
I tried easy and hard ( not medium) : I for one to prefer racing hard : why ? simply because you have no chance to lap the AI on lap4 or 5 ( like it is on easy mode) : in term of racetime that is for me pretty equivalent : In easy you can be 1st in the middle of lap1 ( end of lap1 for Hard) but you got the AI back on lap5 ( and none for hard) , even they are less agressive in easy you ll have to deal with those AI a 2nd time at the end of the race.
All my new SRs have been done through hard
Will update scores soon ;)

AG-wolf
30th July 2008, 01:59 PM
I leave it on medium because I think the only "difficulty setting" any wipeout game should ever have is the speed class. Come on... was there ever REALLY such thing as a hard Vector race, or an easy Phantom? Granted the long-time wipeout devouts would argue the latter, but you get what I'm going for.