PDA

View Full Version : Sebenco Peak is making a case

RJ O'Connell
27th July 2008, 08:01 PM
to dethrone Citta Nuova as the most frustrating track in the game.

****, at least CN would be a fun track if the physics didn't make the ships lift off at speeds over "400" km/h, specifically in the esses that should bring back fond memories of Karbonis and not feelings of rage. But I digress. SP's flow isn't very spectacular, especially the right-left-right sequence in the middle of the lap. And don't get me started on that left-hander that's just like the other Sebenco track.

It can't induce feelings of rage quite like the 'Shitta can, but it certainly is a distant #2 from all the others.

Frances_Penfold
27th July 2008, 08:53 PM
I think that I can agree with you on this matter, RJ :)

I have always struggled with this track, for reasons I'm not completely sure I understand.

RJ O'Connell
27th July 2008, 08:57 PM
It's almost as demanding as trying to race P-Mar Project. But with less fun.

rdmx
28th July 2008, 06:54 AM
I like Citta Nuova....
But this track I detest for some odd reason. It seems that its my kryptonite - I can never do well on it either...

lunar
28th July 2008, 09:33 AM
I love it, please don`t be nasty to it :( ;) Racing on Kai this track was always a game of "hunt the autopilot", and was always fun.

Unlike the Citta, it`s a balanced track. It has a great mix of speedy, thrilling corners with only two nasty sections. But there`s always a little break between the corners and a nice balance overall, which the Citta doesn`t have. The middle chicane is fine if you get the line right. I really like this because you have to be really "feeling it" to get this part right. Then the left hander with weird camber - love that. There`s a way to do it and it`s well thought out, imo - one of the all time great Wipeout corners. If it was immediately followed by another corner just like it we`d be moving into Citta track design, but it`s not. Anyway, that`s my opinion of it, horses for courses etc :)

eLhabib
28th July 2008, 10:19 AM
+1 to that, especially for multiplayer, Sebenco Peak rocks! don't hate it because it defies you ;)

Harvai
28th July 2008, 10:44 AM
Hmm, interesting points for both tracks, but Citta Nuova takes the cake as the most frustrating track. The wacky physics of Pure don't help it out, those s-bends are made of crap and fail. Then there's that god-awful right-hander which I can never do with forward momentum, ship always comes to a halt before the speed pads.

I'm getting better at Sebenco Peak, though. That last left-hand corner before the finish makes you feel awesome if you pull it off!

KIGO1987
28th July 2008, 11:54 AM
God almighty why on earth you had to remind me of Citta Nuova:evil Damn i hated that track, those stupid chicanes in the middle of the course. But its not as bad a Basilico Black on phantom where the mag pads must of been on the wall of the tracks as well as on the surface. My ship is attracted to them alot.

If Citta Nuova and Basilico where ever to make it way to HD or the next installment of Wipeout on the PS3 i would be doing this alot:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

RJ O'Connell
28th July 2008, 01:44 PM
That last left-hand corner before the finish makes you feel awesome if you pull it off!
And just like the right hander in the cave in Sebenco Climb, it's a big "if". ;)

eLhabib
28th July 2008, 01:58 PM
actually, I find the hard upwards righthander at the end of Seb Climb a lot more unpredictable than the down left at Seb Peak.

RJ O'Connell
28th July 2008, 02:29 PM
I agree Martin - Seb Climb's turn is unpredictable because you don't know if you'll hit the wall or not. At Seb Peak's turn, you KNOW you're getting sucked into the wall. ;P

eLhabib
28th July 2008, 07:22 PM
tehehe!
what makes Seb Peak's lefty extra sweet is that it's narrow enough to plant a nearly un-dodgeable bomb right at the apex ;)

Asayyeah
29th July 2008, 03:05 PM
Amsterdam convention 2008 : final race of gamma where Borell was close to be relegated to 2nd division but Seb Peak and my Goteki wrote the story differently : i killed Simon and Mad ICe and that was the Frozen Ice i threw to 2nd division : how can i say now that i dislike that track : no way, i LuV it :D

eLhabib
29th July 2008, 07:32 PM
wow, great story!
this is the kind of stuff I want to read more of! somebody, write up a complete race report of Amsterdam 2008! ;)

Asayyeah
30th July 2008, 01:58 PM
We must find Jay's Euro Clone to write us the backstory !
Or inviting the Jay himself to the German convention next year !

RJ O'Connell
30th July 2008, 04:56 PM
I'd think anyone in good standing at the 'Zone is automatically invited. And if that plan falls through you could settle for me to do race reports ;)

WolfKill01
21st December 2009, 12:27 AM
Shitta is just flatout no fun. Sebenco Peak however, is a phenomenal course IMHO. I even suck at the course and I still love it. The first turn felt just right, and getting the 2 final turns without a hitch is exhilirating. It definantly wrapped up the gamma pack nicely. SP FTW :rock