PDA

View Full Version : R1 during the start

paranoid_android
24th July 2008, 08:47 PM
Sometimes the ship starts noticeably faster with R1 key - what's the exact technique to always start so fast?

adelheid
25th July 2008, 08:09 AM
I should hope your ship ALWAYS starts faster when you press R1: That is the turbo button!

At the start keep your Thrust bar just above your Sheild bar.

Think of it as revving your car at the start of a race.

paranoid_android
25th July 2008, 12:21 PM
This doesn't work. The ship has to start really fast and make different sound.

Task
25th July 2008, 01:21 PM
Perhaps your controller is broken or something, since it works quite well for everyone else...

AG-wolf
25th July 2008, 02:45 PM
this is the regular boost start:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPu-MSrHuBc
It's just regular WO3, but it shouldn't make a difference for this purpose... it's done using only the accelerator. I've never launched from the start line using the hypterthrust, though.

Also, if you're using a dual shock, the controller rumbles at the boost point if you have vibration turned on.

paranoid_android
25th July 2008, 07:33 PM
ok I got it now. The short presses with X - I tried to hold down X at first, not clicking fast.

abukii
12th November 2008, 06:35 PM
Pretty much. Hands free, 3...2...1...GO!

Let the 3..2..1.. slide. Then press acceleration when it says "GO!!". That will give you full thrust upon launch.

Darkdrium777
13th November 2008, 01:59 PM
Let old threads rest.
Also the information you give is inaccurate: in WipEout 3 and older you have to hold the thrust bar at a certain level right when the race starts so you get the turbo start, not press X when the 'Go' text appears.

abukii
1st December 2008, 07:58 AM
Old threads...?? It was on the first page:rolleyes:

...and false info..?? OK then.

Darkdrium777
2nd December 2008, 02:08 AM
Sorry it was a few months old already ;) Anyways it's not the worst case, I'm just saying that if the original query has been answered, unless it's to bring complementary info (not contradictory) or to express your own troubles well I wouldn't post (I as in me). That's just how I feel it should be anyways.

But yeah the boost start doesn't work the way you described in WO3SE. Watch the video ;) Although in any newer game it works the way you describe.

defor
8th December 2008, 03:30 PM
Really odd, as I also use the 3,2,1, Press Hard timing for WO3 and 3SE with 100% accuracy... a similar timing works in XL/2097....