PDA

View Full Version : How to take 3 consecutive jumps in Gare d'Europa?

paranoid_android
21st July 2008, 06:52 PM
Hi I'm playing on easiest level and can't keep up with bot speeds in Gare d'Europa during 3 consecutive jumps before that big jump.
How is it done? Do I have to raise my ship nose, do I have to use boost or do I have to lower the ship nose?

Medusa
21st July 2008, 08:01 PM
Not that I'm a pro or anything, but keep your nose up as you're going over the jumps, and allow the ship to level out after you're off of the last jump. That should be enough for you to keep up.

If you have enough shield energy, for sure use the hyperthrust - just because you can and it's fun!

paranoid_android
21st July 2008, 08:08 PM
... keep your nose up as you're going over the jumps, and allow the ship to level out after you're off of the last jump ...this slows the ship down too much, I want the same speed as bots.

JABBERJAW
23rd July 2008, 12:12 AM
the "bots" are on a programmed path, and do not follow any physics model. Try tapping nose up to not bottom out. In wo64, there is a section on velocitar, when you catch up to one of the "bots", they turbo boost ahead at the same spot every time

trentdf
23rd July 2008, 03:52 AM
i haven't played in a while, so dont quote me on this, but theres not much you can do to keep up. Just save an auto pilot for it, or if its the last lap, just blast the hyperthruster, that final jump is one of the best in the game, cause you go flying over the finish line (just make sure its your last lap, or you'll have quite a challenge surviving the next lap ;))

Asayyeah
23rd July 2008, 02:22 PM
you can also pitch up and down during those 3 jumps in order to follow strictly the way those are.
Save a bit of hyperthrust while jumping , the extra boost you have doing that on the jump can let you land very very far ... ( you mentionned the starting line, but you can also land into the tunnel ( shortcut) after that long right bend.
You can go through the pit but while you are in the air and get your shield replenished : that is also a good possibilitie

Hyperthrust when you begin jumping is the key ( with a slight touch of one of the airbrakes will gives you more power jump ) = you can test that on EVERY jump in SE

paranoid_android
24th July 2008, 08:35 PM
Ok I got it.
Race class: vector
Team: feisar

as soon as you approach the first jump press&hold analog stick ⇣ followed by short boost with R1 before every small jump - this way you should be able to "glide" like bots.

#edit: there are actually 4 small jumps:)

Rapier Racer
3rd August 2008, 12:04 PM
(just make sure its your last lap, or you'll have quite a challenge surviving the next lap ;))

Are you referring to the speed taking you into the wall on the big corner or just a lack of energy after hyperthrustage?

trentdf
4th August 2008, 03:40 AM
both, i never used to think about it when i did it, so i'd always line the ship up and go 1 handed on R1, then have a huge shock when i crossed the line and the race just kept on going...