PDA

View Full Version : Buying Wipeout Pure?

Neverdown
18th July 2008, 04:09 PM
Hey guys. I currently have WipEeout Pulse and I've kinda finished all the tracks and stuff. So I wondered would it be worth getting Pure just for the tracks and the extra ships? Also, do the downloads work with the PSStore version of Pure. I'm thinking about getting the PlayStationStore version because that reduces loading times, which I hate :P. Any input on this is greatly appreciated.

~Neverdown.

KIGO1987
18th July 2008, 05:00 PM
Pure is def worthwhile getting. Some people here seem to prefer this over Pulse. Pure is good cause the flying dynamics of the ships are more related to the old school Wipeout titles, DL packs are free and most of the tracks will be featured on HD, DL music tracks are sweet and its really cool title for the PSP. So yes do go and buy it.

Asayyeah
18th July 2008, 05:08 PM
3, 2, 1, Gooooooo for it mate, you won't regret it !

Mad-Ice
18th July 2008, 05:19 PM
Hi Neverdown,

You really should get Pure, it is soooo good and fun and every track is a different atmosphere!! Sometimes I even see the UMD for 10 Euro in a game shop. I think it is nice to have the game itself, with booklet and cover and stuff.

PS: check you private messages

Neverdown
18th July 2008, 05:30 PM
Really Mad-Ice? What gameshops do you mean? I live in Holland too and the lowest I've found was €15. If I can't find lower I'll probably get the PSN version for €20 for reduced loading times. The only thing I need to know for that is whether downloadable content works on that version, but if I can find a cheaper deal I'll probably go for the UMD version because I'm sure downloadable content works that way.

RJ O'Connell
18th July 2008, 06:04 PM

Neverdown
18th July 2008, 09:30 PM
It is my understanding that the DLC is not made for use with the PlayStation Store version.

Can anyone confirm this?

RJ O'Connell
18th July 2008, 09:36 PM
****. I forgot to do some reading and found this post (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88625&postcount=43) from Rubix42. There is your real answer, and sorry for the inconvenience.