PDA

View Full Version : wipEout HD art

eLhabib
16th July 2008, 09:20 PM
Look what I found: clicky (http://www.intothepixel.com/artwork-details/winner_details.asp?idArtwork=861)
Part of the Intothepixel collection 2008 (http://www.intothepixel.com/artwork/2008_contest_winners.asp). Congratulations to the artists! :clap

Paradoxx
16th July 2008, 09:43 PM
Very nice. We easily reconize the Wipeout style but the design looks more organic. I think that this kind of biomecanic art could be a new direction for the future "Wipeout" titles !

eLhabib
16th July 2008, 09:59 PM
Please no! IMHO, wipEout needs to stay as clean as possible. Away with that fangly-dangly tentacle stuff! ;)

Frances_Penfold
16th July 2008, 11:17 PM
So is this fan-art that was entered into a contest? Or are these artists from Sony Liverpool?

eLhabib
17th July 2008, 09:57 AM
afaik, all the artworks are concept art from the developing studios.

Egg
17th July 2008, 10:46 AM
The art was created by Rita Linsley, who was responsible for (among many other things) the Zone tracks in Pure (and the whole recurring look of Zone in general), and the Paris Hair track.

Frances_Penfold
17th July 2008, 01:03 PM
Awesome.

Paris hair, tentacles, psychodelic coloring schemes... it all makes sense now!

:)

rdmx
17th July 2008, 01:21 PM
I really don't like the Paris Hair tentacles, but these look sick! Probably because of the more muted colours, rather than a fluro pink nightmare (my eyes!!)

Asayyeah
18th July 2008, 05:23 PM
The art was created by Rita Linsley, who was responsible for (among many other things) the Zone tracks in Pure (and the whole recurring look of Zone in general), and the Paris Hair track.

Is she also giving her own voice to the soundtrack of Paris Hair? especially when you 'enter' the girl's cave/mouth? mmmmmmmmm :P

Task
18th July 2008, 05:27 PM
8 D I don't think so!
She did design the 6th anniversary T-shirt though!
http://www.cafepress.com/wipeoutzone.99415665

KIGO1987
18th July 2008, 05:34 PM
I really don't like the Paris Hair tentacles, but these look sick! Probably because of the more muted colours, rather than a fluro pink nightmare (my eyes!!)

First time time i played Paris Hair it seriously screwed with head, not good if you choose to go out to drive in the following 5 minutes. The orgasim sound through the tunnel is quite funny. Sounds like (Australian viewers) that chick on the ch9 advert. Who says 'channel 9' in that really seductive tone. Quite funny.:lol

Medusa
18th July 2008, 07:42 PM
That is really beautiful. A real wipeout trip! I wonder if Rita Linsley will release an artbook? Or maybe just a flyer...:lol

Avenger2197
19th July 2008, 01:47 PM
That is awesome, it's so good to see unique, and inspiring art from some of the people who work on our favorite game. And, to Rita Linsley, if an artbook ever is created with your work, this is one person who will buy it.:D

G'Kyl
19th July 2008, 09:35 PM
Awesome stuff! I really like this sort of digital art (- many of my desktops were graced by it :) ). I discovered Craig Mullins a couple of years ago - great artist, good to see him make an appearance there. I want his Fallout 3 "matte" as desktop background! ;)

Ben

Lion
2nd October 2008, 03:28 AM
I found this (http://www.threespeech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wipeout_full.jpg) over at threespeech, it's most of those panels in much higher resolution (warning, it's a HUGE 8.5MB 6000x2999 image)

is the zone ship portion available in this scale?
or even the whole original with the different shading in various places?

eLhabib
2nd October 2008, 07:15 AM
there is no zone ship in this picture. :P

ZenDJiNN
2nd October 2008, 07:33 AM
Amazing artwork!!

Re: The Paris Hair track for Pure, was that available as a part of one of the downloadable packs? I'd love to try it if possible, just to see it in all it's glory. :)

SuperNova
2nd October 2008, 09:49 AM
Lovely Art! A bit more fluid then your usual Wipeout:+

As a budding Graphic Designer, I appreciate this

Virtical
2nd October 2008, 03:05 PM
Nice work indeed!

*whips out tablet and blows off cakes of dust*
Always wanted to do a wipeout scene :o
see how I go, probably wont finish for like a month though, if I ever do >_>

Lance
2nd October 2008, 05:55 PM
(warning, it's a HUGE 8.5MB 6000x2999 image)

HF! That's about twice as big as my browser's installation file.

Lion
2nd October 2008, 09:22 PM
is the zone ship portion available in this scale?

there is no zone ship in this picture. :P
the middle section of the image you linked to in the original post is the zone ship
I'm after that portion of the image in the same sort of size as the one I linked to

eLhabib
2nd October 2008, 10:04 PM
ah, I see, in the original post! hm, probably best to ask Egg about that?