PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Support?

Wip3ou7
15th July 2008, 11:01 PM
Will WOHD have trophy support out of the door? Has anyone from SL commented on this? Thanks

Axel
16th July 2008, 05:00 PM
It's probably why this thing is delayed. They might be adding a Challenge mode which is always fun TBH.

rdmx
17th July 2008, 08:44 AM
There was speculation that the 'one percent' that was left on HD was the trophies.
Colin however has said recently that the game has moved back a bit to around 97 percent or so, and said that you'll be happy with what they do.

Axel
17th July 2008, 11:53 AM
I'm calling it here!! Challange mode!! I loved this feature in WO64 and 3. It gave the game a whole new leaf of life.

lunar
17th July 2008, 12:01 PM
I hope we don`t get trophies for dubious and gratuitous "achievements" like "do 20 barrel rolls and get 10 kills in one race." Hopefully they won`t be things that depend on your ability to cope with repeated frustration, rather than actual flying skill, and they will be for achievements that flow naturally from good all-round piloting.

Axel
17th July 2008, 12:02 PM
Seriously wishfull thinking mate. I would so love to be wrong though.

lunar
22nd August 2008, 04:57 PM
A little bit of info about trophies in this IGN preview

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/901/901647p1.html

"beat a developer`s best time"...... can`t imagine that taking very long. :g

edit: errr, think I might regret saying that one day :paperbag

Darkdrium777
22nd August 2008, 05:06 PM
Well for people who are not as good as us, it might ;)
There's a Platinum trophy! Isn't that usually reserved for BRD releases? Or have I missed something...

Anyway this preview is awesome, thanks! :D

Medusa
22nd August 2008, 06:08 PM
One of the new teams is "Muricom"? LOL, please tell me that's a typo.

I think my favourite trophy is the one you get for executing your first barrel roll. Now that definitely deserves a trophy all its own.:turd;)

RJ O'Connell
22nd August 2008, 08:22 PM
The fonts in this game are clean and easy to read - the writer had no excuse to mess up Sebenco Climb.

er, "Sebenoa Climb" >_<

Wip3ou7
22nd August 2008, 09:28 PM
Definately gets me thinking... I wonder if they are going to release this on BRD eventually or if WipEout just gets the special treatment and is an exception from the rule of platinum trophies being exclusive to BRD games.

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2008, 05:02 AM
Trophy support info:
PS3Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/22/wipeout-hd-has-platinum-trophy-should-be-over-30/)

Pictures:
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7792/gamesconvention2008017xa5.th.jpg (http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamesconvention2008017xa5.jpg)http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1594/gamesconvention2008019bx0.th.jpg (http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamesconvention2008019bx0.jpg)

Wip3ou7
23rd August 2008, 06:41 AM
maybe the cat is out of the bag and now wipeout hd is getting a bluray release, or maybe since wipeout is such a fleshed out game after all the delays they consider it to be over the average psn games scope

Colin Berry
23rd August 2008, 12:30 PM
Truth is we said, can we have a platinum trophy? and they said...hmmmm, and we said, we WANT a platinum trophy and they said.... hmmm ok

Hellfire_WZ
23rd August 2008, 03:14 PM
Well that's one way of doing it. :)

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2008, 03:42 PM
HAhaha nice :lol

Linchpin
23rd August 2008, 04:50 PM
Ask them if the whole of studio liverpool can have a holiday in the bahamas and after they say hmmm... then say we WANT a holiday in the bahamas and maybe they'll say ok :nod

Rapier Racer
23rd August 2008, 05:07 PM
This is sweet, there aren't a lot of games with trophies out this might boost the sales of HD, like they shouldn't be good already.

Frances_Penfold
23rd August 2008, 05:35 PM
"Crown Jewel" of the PSN, confirmed :nod

Wip3ou7
23rd August 2008, 09:32 PM
Definately.... Colin, asking for a platinum trophy was a real victory won for us and we (or at least I) really appriciate this. I was talking a while ago in a thread on this forum and I said "There's nothing I want more for HOME than the centerpeice of my room to be a HUGE PLATINUM WIPEOUT HD TROPHY!". Ah yes. SL has my support %200.

cybrpnk
23rd August 2008, 11:10 PM
I just wanna deck my Home pad out with crazy WipEout gear...maybe chuck in some psychedelic neons for effect...and then have an anti-gravity party...

Home + HD = me leaving reality...

Wip3ou7
23rd August 2008, 11:16 PM
I really wish SL would put out some official WipEout HD themes on the PSN...

Sch@dows
29th August 2008, 12:12 PM
doesn't platinum trophies resticted to BRD games ?

Axel
2nd September 2008, 04:41 PM
Yes, but Colin asked the folks at Sony very nicely :)

Rapier Racer
2nd September 2008, 04:50 PM
It more than deserves it! It's the flagship title of the PSN is it not? Needs to stand out about the rest in every little way possible, in my opinion it already did before the trophies even came along.

Hell, it IS better than some of crap being released on disks never mind other PSN titles!

Darkdrium777
2nd September 2008, 08:47 PM
Well let's not forget Warhawk for the PSN as well but yeah it will be a big part of the market I am sure ;)

Chrono
4th September 2008, 10:24 PM
I was really going to be blown away if HD didn't get trophy support. For a in house project like Wipeout not to get them would be pretty lazy.

Darkdrium777
18th September 2008, 12:41 AM
WipEout HD trophy list (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/17/trophies-wipeout-hd/) (Currently incomplete, PS3Fanboy is questing for the seven elusive ones:lol:)

RJ O'Connell
18th September 2008, 03:26 AM
Damn! Some of those trophies seem out of reach at the silver level! O_O

Darkdrium777
18th September 2008, 03:46 AM
Well you most certainly will not be able to get them in a few tries, that's for sure. But we all know we'll be playing WipEout HD for the years to come so obtaining those trophies over time isn't a problem. ;)

Chill
18th September 2008, 05:07 AM
Damn! Some of those trophies seem out of reach at the silver level! O_O

Yeah... Like this one!!! hahaha...

Airbraker - Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be turned off.

eLhabib
18th September 2008, 08:21 AM
While I am absolutely happy that some of the Achieve... ahem.... Trophies are really hard to get, this particular one just seems stupid to me. It requires quite some practice to reach Zone 50 with normal controls, so how on earth should this be possible just by airbraking???

Sch@dows
18th September 2008, 08:52 AM
I don't remember, do Zone ships have different shield capacities from one team to another ? I don't think so otherwise everyone will take the one with the greater shield.

BR on moa therma seems hard since it is a flat track.
Reach Zone 75 ... I hope It is simplier than in Pulse otherwise ... i will never reach it.
Beat Zico's Time ? ... won't it be easier to just beat Zico (where is he !!?)

leungbok
18th September 2008, 09:11 AM
In pulse, zone ships (only playable on zone mode) have the same capacities for all teams (the interest of choosing one team is increasing loyalty ). The zone skin (playable in all other modes) have the capacities of his team.
If it's the same in hd, no matter wich team you choose.
In pulse you can br on moa therma white on the last turn before the finish line if you nose-up. For the zone 75, it's on moa therma white too that it maybe the most doable.
And for beating Zico, someone have his adress ? :g

guillaume
18th September 2008, 09:14 AM
And for beating Zico, someone have his adress ? :g
Mmh, if I'm not mistaken, he is in Liverpool, in some sort of a studio...

With a big smile on his face because his name made it to WipEout HD's trophies!!! :g

Sch@dows
18th September 2008, 09:17 AM
In pulse you can br on moa therma white on the last turn before the finish line if you nose-up.Need a boost ...

Mmh, if I'm not mistaken, he is in Liverpool, in some sort of a studio...With a big smile on his faceSomeone at SL with a big smile ... That's will be a lot of people to beat but well ... if it is for the trophy ... ^_~

leungbok
18th September 2008, 09:25 AM
Sure, a boost will help, but it's possible without at rapier/phantom speed.
For a visit at SL to say "hello" to Zico and his collegues, let's wait they produce 2 or 3 new wipeouts before :g

Axel
18th September 2008, 09:41 AM
LOL them trophies was so aimed at the hardcore WO crowd. Someone will do it. and that person will be me.................or someone like me :)

Asayyeah
18th September 2008, 12:21 PM
That is pretty funny that zone 50 without using directionnal buttons : i remember i tested it on the 1st zone track of Pure ( dunno what kind of zone i achieved but after few tries you really can turn with sideshift and airbrakes easily ( at least till zone 30 on an easy track)

Same for the one to kill 50 opponents online : watched out RR you ll be on my list of the 50 ;)

To Zico : hey mate with your venom TT anulpha pass! MadIce already kicked your ass : 30.14 :P and it's official : proof here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?game_id=8&mode_id=2&track_id=45&filter=unique&type_id=1&limit=5&action=display_records&sub_action=&x=47&y=63)
:lol

Colin Berry
18th September 2008, 12:24 PM
Some of the trophies are hard, the zone one isnt too bad (depending on which track you pick... )

Beating Zico on the psp version doesnt count :P

TBH the beat zico time wasnt the absolute fastest... that would have been too hard but for a handful of folk

And yes some of the trophies are very very easy, but thats the beauty, we can reward easy silly things, and we can also make some really hard, and have some in the middle.

It will be a while before anyone gets all of them... I think..

Sch@dows
18th September 2008, 12:28 PM
well, it's Pure not HD, and if it wasn't possible it wouldn't be a trophy n_n
I'm not very interested by trophies, but this one seems challenging ^_^

KIGO1987
18th September 2008, 12:36 PM
First person complete all gets a free DL pack.lol. Im looking forward to this. Already havin' a bitchin' time trying to complete the final event for the Special Licence. S-10 at Suzuka is proving to be a real **** and a half, this is where consistancy counts. If Trophy support in Wipeout HD is going to be hard this im in for a bit of fun..

Rubix42
18th September 2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, what a list. This will keep me busy for a very long time. I'm not nearly as skilled as most of you on this board. I'll be lucky to earn half of the trophies.

Hellfire_WZ
18th September 2008, 05:53 PM
Zone 50 using only airbrakes... Reminds me of Zone mode in Fusion, it was surprisingly easy to get really high zones using only the airbrakes all the way through. In fact, at high zones it was almost necessary as touching the stick or pad at zone 100 would have had you eating wall quicker than than a very hungry wall-eating thing.

Mad-Ice
18th September 2008, 07:34 PM
So many new challenges, so cool! I think the Zone challenge with only airbrakes and sideshift will be tough! Or what about the 8 first places in SR with difficulty Elite!! Oeps sounds scary.:bat

Rubix42
18th September 2008, 07:45 PM
I'm willing to bet good money that the tougher trophies are all nods to this forum in one way or another. I love that Studio Liverpool tries to listen to us and provide fan service.

Lance
18th September 2008, 08:51 PM
In that case, is there a NoBarrelRollsAllowed trophy? :D

Medusa
18th September 2008, 08:53 PM
Amen, Lance! :lol

Seriously, I want to see if it's possible to beat the game (as in not win all trophies, but beat the game) without barrel rolls. It all depends on how stupidly aggressive the AI is, I guess - if they're "smarter" racers than in Pulse, then that could be a real challenge.

Flashback Jack
18th September 2008, 09:42 PM
Mind that there's now an "elite" difficulty. If that means the A.I. will enter into the barrel rolling mix, got your work cut out for you, Medusa.

- F

Chill
19th September 2008, 03:00 AM
I for one love the idea of Trophies... it gives a much more of a feel of accomplishment, challenge and gameplay to Wipeout... I don't care how challenging they seem, cause I'm sure they're possible, and yet seem so challenging... I love em'...

Medusa
19th September 2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I have to admit I'll likely keep the AI on something easier than elite when racing without barrel rolls.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have different save games with HD, like Pure/Pulse had? I'd like to try with no barrel rolls on one save game, and of course go for trophies on the other one.

A lot of people are going to be driven insane chasing that Platinum trophy. XD I can hear people whining already...

Rapier Racer
19th September 2008, 04:49 PM
Same for the one to kill 50 opponents online : watched out RR you ll be on my list of the 50 ;)

You are my 50 :P

lunar
19th September 2008, 05:05 PM
tough talk! Truth is that the pair of you will be playing on Venom, hunting down noobs to get your 50 kills! :lol

Isadora, all the PSN games I have only allow one save game per user account on the PS3, but if you wanted a second save game you could just create another account. Wipeout HD might be different though. We`ll find out pretty soon....

I think this trophy list is fantastic - some easy, some really challenging and no really stupid ones. It`s like having a third game to play, after the main game and the online.

Medusa
19th September 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks, Lunar!
Hmmm...I guess it'll have to be just one before the other then, save the brs for later when I'm desperate!

Rubix42
19th September 2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about this today, but given how much time I sank into other Wipeout's, I'm not sure trophie chasing will be good for my health!

Wip3ou7
19th September 2008, 08:02 PM
How come ps3fanboy's list of wohd trophies doesnt have "Happy Accident?" on the list? I've seen that trophy earned in a wohd video before.

Rubix42
19th September 2008, 08:15 PM
I'd imagine that they don't know how to unlock it. I saw it in a WOHD trailer, but it wasn't clear what happened to get that.