PDA

View Full Version : barrel rolls in pulse

JABBERJAW
6th July 2008, 07:38 PM
so since I switch to using my fingers for turning instead of my thumb, I noticed that barrel rolls don't always work in TT as well. after inputing the left right left off a jump, then remove my fingers entirely from the pad, the barrel roll does not activate for a second after, making barrel rolls off little jumps a definitive maybe. If someone was listening I would recommend losing barrel rolls for this very reason, in that they dont work completely correctunder any circumstance. maybe for ps2 version, but doubtful

kanar
6th July 2008, 09:32 PM
Hi,

After I read the "why the br hate" topic ...& with my own -& desperate- pulse TT experience, I came to the conclusion that rolling is the only way to reach the top/(galaxy now, when u look at wo-game-when it works:evil-). For Talon white it's impossible to ignore the crazy br+right airbrake lol:robot for a decent time. For Metropia the br number to accomplish is insane (3? 4? can't remember:robot... This "br need" suits well to aliens but guyz like me... I'm off work actually, I play more & I realize this is insane lol : After 3000 laps on tech de ra white I'm finally able to make the 2 br combo at the start... I'm now under the 21:00!! But I'm still unable to :dizzycontrol my nerves for the one on the bridge lol. You said Br need? Maybe not for all tracks because they're not "sure" to unleash, but unfortunately good curves & nose down are not enough... (my thought lol)

by the way Lunar, great song! http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4946

Albino Ace
7th July 2008, 02:30 PM
If that's what happens when you switch to your fingers, JABBERJAW, then why not just use your thumb? :?

If you worry that much that you won't make the barrel roll, or think it'll only be a maybe, then save some finger/thumb energy and some health by not trying it. I'm sure some more practice would turn it from a maybe to a successful BR, though. No problem for you, right? :P

JABBERJAW
7th July 2008, 07:10 PM
wrong, you did not understand what I am saying. the fingers are far superior to the thumb as far as how fast I can barrel roll. The problem is. I complete the barrel roll off a jump, my fingers are COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE DPAD, then about .5-1 second later before I touch the dpad again, the ship attempts a barrel roll. Lag if you want to call it that, and it is not my setup. It just happens sometimes, but you waste energy for doing it correctly because the barrel roll is attempted by the ship right before it lands, well after the input. Sometimes I do make a mistake,and dont get the barrel roll, but this is a perfect example of doing it right, but the game doesn't keep up.

Mad-Ice
8th July 2008, 10:38 AM
I totally agree with you JABBERJAW. BR's don't always work in TT too, eventhough you did the trick the right way. And some tracks are just not designed to handle the BR's and the speed given after it. Especially Metropia Black, man this track is so bad for the possible BR's, the way the ship is jumping on it's roof or side or just straight up into the air. I hope this is solved in HD otherwise they really should have chosen the white version or better a total different track from Pulse, like: well just any other would have been better. lol!

Frances_Penfold
9th July 2008, 03:18 AM
I think I know exactly what you are talking about, Jabberjaw, and it is annoying. Isn't this also present in Pure as well?

Speaking for myself, the "lag" in the barrel rolls coupled with the numerous spots where the ship can *almost* but not quite pull off the barrel roll-- those are my biggest complaints about the BRs in general. I actually like the extra layer of strategy that they add to Time Trialing but their actual implementation can be frustrating, IMHO.

Albino Ace
9th July 2008, 05:45 AM
Ahh, that's what it is? Hmm...I only seem to get lag like that in Single Race, when some other opponents - AI or human - are on screen. Never had a lag problem in TT. =-o

Darkdrium777
9th July 2008, 02:43 PM
I have custom firmware, run the game at 333Mhz and I still have unresponsive barrel rolls problems, even in time trial.

rdmx
10th July 2008, 04:06 AM
So it's not a framerate problem, it's a bug in the game's code then :|