PDA

View Full Version : 2097 mods?

Sven
5th August 2002, 12:31 AM
Now that you can get Wipeout 2097 for OS X, wouldn't it be possible to make various mods for it? Maybe someone could make a mod that has Wipeout 3 vehicles and tracks, or even make some original wipeout tracks for it...just think of the possibilities...

Mator
12th August 2002, 12:06 PM
very, very hard task, almost inpossible.Im not a coder or sth, but for making mod you need information how the game's engine is working and to have software for editing the meshes, tracks and etc.there are such things, but for the action games- Q3. UT.HL , GTA3... so far i dont know a race game supporting mods. And - i've tryed to open the wipeout1&2 meshes with big number 3d viewers -without success.The only thing i have made so far is to change the WO1's shield mesh with the quirex mesh from WO2 (with a little HEX editing).

"Maybe someone could make a mod that has Wipeout 3 vehicles and tracks... " - Ive searched every single byte of the WO3 CD .i'll be happy if someone tells WHERE THE HELL ARE STORED THE MESHES AND THE TRACKS!!!

Lance
12th August 2002, 02:37 PM
what is a ''mesh''? is that the polygon envelope, the shape, of the movable objects like ships? or is it something else altogether and i am completely in the dark?

Mator
14th August 2002, 01:04 PM
Yes, thats mesh, You're not wrong (first i thought that "model" means "mesh" in english :oops: )

Lance
14th August 2002, 03:02 PM
thanks for the information, Mator
:)

hi-nrg
15th December 2002, 12:44 PM
The term mesh is a synonym for the geometry data - all vertexes, faces and texture coordinates are stored in 'mesh'-information. All you need to make it visible is the textures you paint on the faces.
With WipEOut (1) for PC it was easy to steal stuff - the whole texture package was stored in .PCX-files. If someone wants to render some WipEOut stuff and could need these textures than tell me and i will upload them to my site :)

Nathan Adams
17th December 2002, 09:07 AM
I have no experience with playing around with games
but I know that with cocoa programs (and i'm guessing games) - that everything is really nicely organised if you view the package contents of the app - and things are really easy to edit (for instance, the toolbars of cocoa apps, all the buttons are usually tif images. and the interface nib files are easily played with in interface builder, etc.). So it's possible that if wo2097 is cocoa - then it may be easy to find ways to play around with the files.
i'm completely stumped for ideas though if it's in carbon....