PDA

View Full Version : Online Problems

KIGO1987
2nd July 2008, 06:34 PM
If there is a problem with you getting into Wipeout online or even the Wipeout-Game website, just give a post on this thread of what the problem is that is concerning you and hopefully someone out there on this forum might have an answer for your problem, and give a quick solution which might provide beneficial to you. Just give a post on this thread.

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2008, 02:39 AM
Today I encountered:

Online Multiplayer Servers went out again at around 3:30-3:45 Eastern Daylight Time (-5 Greenwich). Error message: "Connection to PSN has timed out."

Wipeout-game.com is still slow here using IE7, particularly in transition from Language Selection to Main Page.

Can anyone tell me if multiplayer servers are back up and running?

KIGO1987
3rd July 2008, 04:12 AM
I had some online races over the past few days it appears that the problems from before have been cleared. I find now that Pulse online is running much smoother and faster than before, which is good, it appears they where doing some sorta clean up before Wipeout HD comes out in the middle of this month.

Also ive been on Wipeout-Game on the PSP through the Wipeout Pulse game and it appears all the fake records have been removed and all the new rankings and records have been updated.

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2008, 04:15 AM
Thanks Kigo '87. The only problem I saw when I was online this afternoon? Inactivity.

Rapier Racer
3rd July 2008, 07:27 PM
it appears they where doing some sorta clean up before Wipeout HD comes out in the middle of this month.

Did I miss something???

KIGO1987
4th July 2008, 01:02 PM
I was thinking about that cause ive always noticed there is a PS3 logo as well as a PSP logo on the Wipeout-Game website, was wondering if that had some sort of reference to the site being offline for a short period of time. Maybe some addition features where added during that offline period time frame to contribute to the addition of Wipeout HD PS3 records as well.

Well hopefully HD is out by Tue/Wed of two weeks ahead from now.

Correct me if im wrong....

The idea of this thread is to get answers from the source and to bust myths lingering around as well. :sonarIm ascertain alot of you would get very irritated when a blunt obvious ideas comes out that need to be corrected straight away. In which please do so.

RJ O'Connell
4th July 2008, 01:45 PM
If I recall, the PS3 logo has been there since Wipeout-Game launched.

KIGO1987
4th July 2008, 01:58 PM
Ive always noticed the PS3 logo there, right of the PSP logo. But PS3 content on Wipeout-Game is yet to surface, maybe that was the cause for that period last week when the Wipeout-Game website couldnt be accessed, new addition where being put onto the website.

I would like to see a PS4 logo on that website in years to come. Would be cool if Wipeout series appealed to a larger audience. That would mean greater sales and hopefully more frequent Wipeout games for sale on the market due to its extra popularity.

Flashback Jack
4th July 2008, 01:58 PM
The idea of this thread is to get answers from the source and to bust myths lingering around as well.

The sites were down due to a "server issue", no more and no less, so there were/are no ulterior motives. That information is from the source (Sony). I'd elaboarate, but the e-mail I received has a rather large disclaimer at the bottom of it, and I respect it.

- F

KIGO1987
4th July 2008, 02:02 PM
Cool. Thanks for that Flashback Jack.

That myth is now gone.

KIGO1987
5th July 2008, 05:06 AM
As I've already said to Arnaud I think they started the routine thing of shutting off the servers for the week-end. We'll see if I'm right if it gets back online only on Monday, like it did last time.

From Online Meetings.

It appears all online activities for Wipeout Pulse are suspended over the weekend, and long weekend for those in USA. Darkdrium777 says it all in the quote above.

Lance
5th July 2008, 08:27 PM
Please avoid duplicating material that is already posted elsewhere in the forums

Darkdrium777
5th July 2008, 08:29 PM
Note the "I think"...
Hopefully I am wrong, but it's Saturday and the website is unavailable on PS3 (Network Error after a minute of loading), on PSP (Error 80410410) + the Online multiplayer server is unreachable (Searching for universes hangs for about a minute and then "A network error has occured while contacting the server. Please try again").
If it gets back online on Monday (Or tuesday morning) and not before we'll know for sure at that moment.

KIGO1987
27th July 2008, 02:48 AM
Is there problems with with the Wipeout-Game website again? :brickwall

Because i have been uploading my files and my ranking has gone to **** again. The numbers have gone up then down. I dont think the ranking numbers a spose to drop but only to increase. As well i have been getting alot of wins of pilots who are higher than me in the rankings and my ranking hasnt moved. What could this be?:|

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Something must of happened today. The last upload i did made a difference. Now my ranking has moved. So has yours packetmon. Now how the hell im i spose to get closer to your 14th ranked spot:brickwall I guess i need some more online races with you then i guess:) But hey i think im the highest ranking Wipeout Pilot in Australia now:D:hyper:D correct me if im wrong anyone:)

wacko853
15th August 2008, 03:16 PM
This may sound stupid but how do create an online acount to go online i just cant do one and it wont accept me heeeeeeeelllllllpppppppppp:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:: mad:

kanar
15th August 2008, 03:48 PM
hi wacko, maybe you already tried that...

https://store.playstation.com/accounts/register/beginNewAccountRegistrationFlow.action

good luck!

wacko853
15th August 2008, 06:51 PM
i need the 14 digit number for me to register

guillaume
1st April 2009, 08:07 PM
I was just beginning a session with ACE-FLO, Kappeskop and haxorger, and I was dropped from the race.
From the few sessions I had the last two weeks, I had many disconnections problems. Sometimes it's an in-game error, like "there was a problem connecting with the server", or "the lan switch has been turned off" or something. Sometimes it's an XMB error while I try to reconnect after being disconnected. And sometimes it will go as far as freezing the PSP and swichting it off...

So first of all, sorry for anyone I play with and sees me quit.
Second, is this "normal" behavior from the game? Is there anything I can do to improve this situation?

Thanks!

Echthroi
2nd April 2009, 01:17 PM
Wipeout-game.com is still slow here using IE7, particularly in transition from Language Selection to Main Page.

That's how it is for me. It just takes a long while to load.:frown:

I'm kinda irritated with how the new skins thing works. You publish it, but then you search for it, and can't find it, can't find anyone else's, etc.

ACE-FLO
2nd April 2009, 02:45 PM
I was just beginning a session with ACE-FLO, Kappeskop and haxorger, and I was dropped from the race.
From the few sessions I had the last two weeks, I had many disconnections problems. Sometimes it's an in-game error, like "there was a problem connecting with the server", or "the lan switch has been turned off" or something. Sometimes it's an XMB error while I try to reconnect after being disconnected. And sometimes it will go as far as freezing the PSP and swichting it off...

So first of all, sorry for anyone I play with and sees me quit.
Second, is this "normal" behavior from the game? Is there anything I can do to improve this situation?

Thanks!

Yeah I remember that (you are wzFRO right?) - it happened to Haxorger too... and me. In fact, after a short freeze, my PSP just turned itself off. All this time I've been thinking its a prob with Norton being updated - but now I'm beginning to wonder... Hmmmm...

guillaume
2nd April 2009, 03:03 PM
Yup I'm wzFro.
Did you ever have the lan switch message? I was wondering if I had a hardware problem with my PSP, or if I switched it off inadvertantly...

ACE-FLO
3rd April 2009, 02:22 AM
Yup I'm wzFro.
Did you ever have the lan switch message? I was wondering if I had a hardware problem with my PSP, or if I switched it off inadvertantly...

ian switch? no, what's an "ian switch" then...

Lance
3rd April 2009, 03:01 AM
LAN :)

Another nickname for me, sorta.

Darkdrium777
3rd April 2009, 03:23 AM
You can be turned off?:o

zargz
3rd April 2009, 09:07 AM
The lan switch is on the left side of the psp just beside the memory stick slot.
It's easy to turn it off by accident. afair I had that message 0nce :)

Yesterday I couldn't log in. Tried 5-6 times but got the "An error has occurred WHILST logging in" message time after time :(

Some times I manage to log in just to freeze on the join game screen :bomb

WHILST writing this replay I failed to log in 3 times ..

Just got - An error has occurred WHILST joining the channel

well, well .. Back to FF Tactics then! 8)

archman
3rd April 2009, 09:24 AM
Hmm...I rarely have connection problems with Pulse...dunno.
But that WLAN switch is something I'm pushing right all the time I'm waiting for the match to start. Sort of phobic :D
btw.: I hate the Hold switch. When you want to Hold off, it's a definite Standby. Sucks badly. The only thing that sucks on PSP. Power off and Hold should be separated...

ACE-FLO
3rd April 2009, 12:04 PM
Oh... The LAN Switch... how stoooopid of me! I don't turn the lan sw off, but have seen error msgs regarding the LAN switch - thing is, when I 've cecked , its always been on... Other than that - I've had every error message possible, including "communication error occurred... (something saometing)" what is this rubbish?

I agree with the viewpoint of someone on this forum, they said "wouldnt it be nice if Studio Liverpool released a version of Pulse with all the bugs fixed (not happening)

archman
3rd April 2009, 12:25 PM
I have experienced this "communication error occurred..." a few times, but really rarely...

I think that we should be happy that the servers are still up and running... ;)

Darkdrium777
3rd April 2009, 01:10 PM
zargz: don't know if you were trying to educate me about the LAN switch position (I know where it is, have PSP fat and slim :P), I was actually kidding about Lance and the fact that he could be 'turned off' ;)

ACE-FLO: PSP fat? Have you dropped your PSP recently? The wifi/soundcard is very fragile. Mine broke (soundcard bit) but the wifi on yours could be a bit loose, thus explaining the dodgy wifi while the plastic switch is actually at the on position. Consider getting it repaired, or do like I and get a slim if it's out of warranty (Much better build quality btw).

zargz
3rd April 2009, 05:20 PM
D777: nope, was just answering ace-flo :)
ian switch? no, what's an "ian switch" then...

ACE-FLO
3rd April 2009, 07:24 PM
DD777' Archman and Zargz.... you guys are so cool man! I really appreciate the way you have helped me out with this connection problem rubbish...;)

I have PSP Pregnant (yeah yeah, i know - bad joke - she's only fat!), being kinda fat, she often trips over and hurts herself - therefore the delicate embryonic LAN baby may have been damaged, as you so rughtly point out...

I have thus decided to purchase myself either a PSP slim or a PS3 - or maybe even both (the PSP slim purchase would be purely for Wipeout Pulse's ONLINE mode - which I would like to add is "spectacular, awesome, and almost frighteningly addictive!";)

archman
4th April 2009, 12:42 PM
Definitely addictive, yes. :) ;)

ACE-FLO
5th April 2009, 01:46 PM
I was ranked 48 then 2 days later I'm 51 and now I'm ranked 50? I beat Packetmon (ranked 15) a few games even... which I was jumping up and down in my room for, out of sheer gleeful delight that I may be progressing up the rankings...

Er - NO!

I think all the heavy disconnections are to blame: I mean - So often I'm in the middle of a game and I get this error message - "connection error has occured" then the only option I get is to "QUIT RACE" so I quit as I'm unable to race (ship not moving) then my psp freezes and turns itself off... I turn it on - and I'm on the PSP menu screen and I have to navigate over to "game" and start pulse all over again - I get into the Pulse Menu Screen - I go to profile, Save - save progress, once saved I go to load to see if the "save" made a difference - and NO (WTF man!) my progress online is unsaved!!

So to put this into perspective - I start my psp - Pulse - Profile - saved profile reads 99hours and 37 minutes and 20seconds (example)... I play online for like an hour - Game crashes online and all of the above happens, I go through the motions... Start psp up again etc (as mentioned above) and go to save - Save progress, then load file - The file should now read 100hours and 37 minutes and 20seconds because I played an hour online right? ... Wrong - it only reads 99hours and 37 minutes and 20seconds ... what a load of rubbish!... Thus all that online gaming progress... GONE! Not Saved! PSP Crashes online and all online progress for that session is... non existent anymore...

What I have figured out is this - after every game - quit online, Then go to PROFILE then to SAVE - and save your progress.... then go back online again.

Yes I know it's a cumbersome process - but it's about the only thing I can do to make sure my online races and progress is logged, banked and displayed online...

I don't wanna go through all the online races then get bumped off by bad programming or connection probs (whatever it is...) So this is my only option until I get "PSP SLIM" which wont be for another couple of months...

ALso - one other question, CFW's - if installed on my psp - will it make my psp run smoother online? Are there more connection probs with CFW or less? What are the pro's and con's of installing CFW to PSP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

@ Archman - Yes, it is very very addictive, I missed two meals last week coz I was totally engrossed in this crazy adrenaline fuelled competitiveness...:P

miljoneir
9th August 2009, 04:48 PM
To ACE-FLO
-no, you will not have (if their is nothing wrong with your psp) more or less connection problems.

-I have a verry big connection problem
(I had this connection problem already before I installed CFW): their are almost NO players online!
the maximum number of players I have seen is 17
(but last time it's always 0)
I don't have this problem with other games becous all my other games are using EA nation

jimsin
24th August 2009, 10:09 PM
Hi hi.

Well I bought a nice new PSP just so I could play Wipeout Pulse - thought I'd try out an online race, but after connecting (infrastructure), I just get a 'no games found' message.

Find it hard to imagine that nobody in the world is playing Wipeout Pulse at any given moment - does anybody have any idea what could be causing my problem?

Edit: In the 'Channel Select' Screen all the 'Games' rows say '0', and all the 'In/max' say 0/256 except for 'English Speaking' which says 1/256 - don't know if that's any help.

archman
24th August 2009, 10:40 PM
Your problem is that almost noone plays Pulse online anymore. You could ask ACE-FLO, Designer_79, Temet, NightArh or some others for the race, though, they're still active. ;)

ACE-FLO
24th August 2009, 11:37 PM
Yep, thank you Arch, Pulse needs more interest for sure! For such a good game, I find it hard to accept the little activity which is experienced online!

Which brings me to my point. Pulsers all more or less know which pilots are still active! We all keep our eye on the 'online meetings' thread in this Pulse section. Post here to let peeps know you wanna race, or visitor message Pulsers on your friends list! I'm always up for races - next time, let me know!

jimsin
24th August 2009, 11:56 PM
Ahhhhh Guess I'm getting into it a few years too late.

Thanks Archman for explaining the root of my problem, and thanks ACE-FLO for your kind offer ... am just starting to make the backwards(?) jump to Pulse though, so wouldn't provide any sort of competition. Am really enjoying the game though - surprised that there's not more people still playing it.

ACE-FLO
25th August 2009, 12:09 AM
Oh for sure there are people playing, I see new pilots a lot, playing the slower classes. But for the elite it is very hard to get a good game easily! I understand Arch's frustration totally, I share it! But the Pulse scene isn't what it once was, and never will be I guess.

Now I love Pulse and have started to race Rapier and sometimes even Flash, online. Just to encourage new Pulsers to remain active!

We do have a scene though, just it could be more active with skilled pilots.

ranted off nicely lol

leungbok
25th August 2009, 06:37 AM
Period can explains that too, mates ! It's summer and holydays for many players, so, other leisures than video games ! ;)

ACE-FLO
25th August 2009, 06:00 PM
hmmm, true. You have a point here Leungbok. I certainly hope this is the case. alas a ray of hope on the horizon, for pulsers...

NightArh
26th August 2009, 07:23 AM
I see 4-5 pilots every evening in the channel English speaking (~at 10pm GMT+3) And they are not zoners