PDA

View Full Version : Goteki 45

adelheid
24th June 2008, 10:31 PM
Why does everyone seem to hate the little yellow dumptruck? It's not my favorite ship, but I do think it gets unfairly picked on :(

Albino Ace
24th June 2008, 10:50 PM
Well, my guess is one reason would be the stats. Poor speed (at least Feisar is mobile as hell, as it always has been, and great thrust, although some attribute that to it having no speed to accelerate TO :P ), average mobility and thrust, and high shield...which, as far as I can tell in W3O, is actually a bad thing.

I'm not sure how SE differs from regular W3O, but in regular W3O all ships lose shield from hyperthrust at the same rate. However, ships with a lower shield rating regenerate it faster in pit lanes. So, not only does it lack the natural top speed to maintain the boost from hyperthrust - and be energy efficient in that sense - but it also takes much longer to regenerate in pitlanes thanks to the high shield. As far as I can tell, the only benefit from high shielding is that it'll take forever and a day to kill it in single race or eliminator.

So...that's my reason for disliking it. (if SE differs from regular in regards to hyperthrusting, then those who have played SE, feel free to correct me.)

RJ O'Connell
26th June 2008, 03:23 AM
Hence their cynical racing tactics back in the day.

Of course, for a team that was so mediocre in-game, it's quite amazing how much exposure Goteki 45 recieved - it was the ship on magazine covers, and was even the namesake for a song in the game's soundtrack.

AG-wolf
29th June 2008, 10:02 PM
Albino: yeah but... if you're good, it doesnt matter how quickly or slowly your shield diminishes OR regenerates ;P

RJ: Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a lot of them back when the game was being advertised... Which is retarded because it doesn't even visually seem to represent the attitude of the series in general.

I wish I remembered who said it up in Vermont at Al's, the "Flying Trashcan"

RJ O'Connell
29th June 2008, 11:38 PM
And they were battling AG-S and FEISAR in the game intro. And by battling, I mean exploding in reverse three-abreast.

Albino Ace
30th June 2008, 05:52 AM
The whole reverse thing doesn't make sense to me...we can't do that in Wip3out! Why can THEY? :P :lol

AG-Wolf: I see what you're getting at. :)
However, I think of it this way: Some say its the craft. Others would respond its the pilot. I've recently learned its BOTH. ;)

KIGO1987
30th June 2008, 06:00 AM
Goteki was average in SE
Goteki was clearly the best ship in Pure
Goteki was one of the best ships in Pulse

A great ship in phantom, it just is so responsive. Best acceleration and good sheilds.

supersocks
30th June 2008, 06:47 PM
The whole reverse thing doesn't make sense to me...we can't do that in Wip3out! Why can THEY?

I quote my old theory here...

It's a surreal vector graphics representation of ultimate state of speed no man or computer capable to process. The reality distorts around the crafts creating a four dimensional space which can be witnessed as a misplaced polygons on 2D-projection matrix of TV-set.

And as for Goteki45... well the looks make up for any negative things :g

omega329
30th June 2008, 07:42 PM
woah woah woah...
surely it's a surreal raster graphics representation of ultimate state of speed no man or computer capable to process?

JABBERJAW
1st July 2008, 12:44 AM
"Goteki was average in SE"

You are being way too nice, it was gaga. Easily the second slowest ship

Lance
1st July 2008, 01:46 AM
Yep, definitely the slowest W3O ship except for FEISAR.

Asayyeah
1st July 2008, 01:00 PM
Goteki was clearly the best ship in Pure
Sorry but it's wrong Kigo1987, Triakis is the supership for Pure ( off & online) by far.

rdmx
1st July 2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, it's definitely the Triakis which is the fastest craft in Pure, only because of a programming error - the Triakis loses way less speed through corners than all the other craft.

Auricom in Pure also has a slightly too high top speed.

Competitively however, you can't beat the Goteki 45's thrust in Pure if you are in a weapon heavy match.

I cannot comment on the g45 in w3o as I have little to no experience with it.

AG-wolf
1st July 2008, 01:20 PM
Hmm, so Triakis is only "powerful" because of an oversight? And I usually use Auricom but I never noticed they had a particularly high top speed... unless you mean in regard to their previous standing in the earlier games. It seems like the "attitude" of Auricom and Qirex were switched when they were making pure.... Qirex was supposed to be the heavy fast ship, and Auri was supposed to be the elegant and nimble balance. Qirex was nerfed when theyreleased Pure ;___;

G45 in WO3 sucks though, all around :D slow slow slow slow

rdmx
2nd July 2008, 06:51 AM
To clarify, their actual top speed was too high compared to their stat for top speed.

KIGO1987
2nd July 2008, 07:35 AM
Sorry but it's wrong Kigo1987, Triakis is the supership for Pure ( off & online) by far.

Haha cool, sweet the supership of Pure is the Australian built ship from Adelaide. Triakis is a nice cruizy ship to fly around just like most of the cars built here also. I put in SE a few days ago, i didnt acknowledged how slow of a ship Goteki really was. Damn good ship in Pure and Pulse though. Also hopefully good in HD also.

Albino Ace
2nd July 2008, 02:23 PM
If the stats in HD are of equal importance as in Pulse (speed being negligible for the most part, acceleration being vital for online, etc.), then I assure you Goteki will remain quite the competitor in HD. ;)

meman887
30th July 2008, 11:06 PM
The whole reverse thing doesn't make sense to me...we can't do that in Wip3out! Why can THEY? :P :lol

AG-Wolf: I see what you're getting at. :)
However, I think of it this way: Some say its the craft. Others would respond its the pilot. I've recently learned its BOTH. ;)

Well you can kind of... except instead of going backwards you can use a cheat, which in turn enables the Flip Track Option in Options, which basically reverses the track.

If you don't know what the cheat is, it's simple enter ya name as MIRROR :P

RJ O'Connell
30th July 2008, 11:45 PM
WipEout and Wipeout XL had a cheat code like that, it's called "Wipeout 64"

/offtopic

Rapier Racer
3rd August 2008, 12:02 PM
Or you could earn the reverse tracks option in Wipeout 3 like a real player instead of cheaply cheating eh?

XpanDrome2097
14th August 2009, 12:33 PM
Oh, this thread don't appears in the thread list, I've found it with Google....'so strange :?!
Goteki45 was my favourite ship in pure and it also represents my first choice at the moment...it don't have a great top speed, the handling is decent but its shield is the best....I like the original look of Goteki45 in Wip3out.
Ok, it's very slow but if I need some speed, I choose AG-System (very fast, for me it's the best ship in W3O)...and if I want handling, I choose Assegai (of course, the SE edition, but am the only one that hate the lateral driving cabinet of the W3O Assegai? It looks 'so nasty!), but I like Goteki45 in Wip3out (for me SE is too much better than the original WO3), I don't understand the reason, but I like it :p.

Lance
14th August 2009, 03:03 PM
I always kinda liked the offset driving position of the original Assegai.

Task
14th August 2009, 11:07 PM
G45 in WO3 sucks though, all around :D slow slow slow slowIndeed, in WO3 Speed Is King, and that low speed stat makes Goteki an almost useless ship. Not totally though. In the Eliminator mode Goteki is a good ship. Not great, but slightly better than average. That's about the only place where it doesn't completely suck though. 8 )

WolfKill01
15th August 2009, 12:21 AM
I, personnaly, loved Goteki in wo3. Not sure why. It's really fun on eliminator too.

XpanDrome2097
16th August 2009, 10:08 PM
Goteki 45 is good for the first times that you play on Wip3out, but I don't understand the sense....Top Speed 2 and Handling 3....useless relationship....Accelleration is only 3, not very fast....good only for the eliminator mode because its shield is 4, but I continue to like Goteki 45 in Wip3out....
Tried a great number of times in single race mode....being at the first place is very hard at the faster classes with this ship....and you'll try again....failure....and you'll try again and again....failure again!
After twenty times you'll be first :robot....not very good, am trying with Qirex....first place at the first time, in every track and in every type of class....but....I like Goteki 45 :).

Flint Fandango
27th January 2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry, but I can´t agree with the Goteki45 enemies.:naughty
The Goteki45 is such a beautiful ship in W3OSE! Manly and strong, with its orange complexion it looks like a powerful construction vehicle!
It maybe slow, but its shield is above average, so you can easily compensate this weak spot!
Stats are smoke and mirror, the handling of this ship is fantastic and in combination with the look and the possibility of hyperthrust it´s simply incommensurable!
POW!
So, I hope I have dispelled all doubts about this wonderful piece of art called Goteki45...

My advice:
Try it excessively - fall in love - be satisfied! :nod

XpanDrome2097
27th January 2011, 10:11 PM
Flint Fandango, I agree every word of your post, because after hours and hours of playing I've totally changed my opinion about G45 in Wip3out: awesome ship!

Stats are smoke and mirror, the handling of this ship is fantastic and in combination with the look and the possibility of hyperthrust it´s simply incommensurable!

This is absolutely true.
In Wip3out the hyper-thrust is very useful (I want it again in one of the next games - finally, after the good news of yesterday, I can write "next game" about WipEout :+ - !), perfect for a ship like Goteki45: slow but not too slow (:dizzy), great handling and good thrust, excellent shield.
After hours and hours of playing I'm sure that Goteki45 is not average: don't forget that a "3" stat in Wip3out is a medium/good stat, and this can be compared as an "8" stat in Pulse/HD: in fact, Auricom has all on 3/5 in Wip3out, Mirage (the actual team that has the old-way Auricom style, all feels good without any sacrifice in every point) has all on 8/10 in Pulse/HD.
G45 has 2 stats at "3": therefore, is well balanced :P.
The most underrated and uncomprendehended ship of the game.

In these days I've started to play Piranha, another underrated ship by myself: very fast, more than Assegai and Auricom that have the same top speed, easy to handle.
Average accelleration and weak shield makes it very challenging, I love it!