PDA

View Full Version : Any other one-button airbraker/sideshifters?

Frances_Penfold
21st June 2008, 07:51 PM
From nearly the beginning, I have played Wipeout Pure and Pulse with single button airbraking and sideshifting-- so that the L shoulder button (combined with the d-pad) creates an airbreak and the R should button (combined with the d-pad) creates a sideshift.

I like this arrangement because I tend to sideshift A LOT in Pure and Pulse. In some recent playthroughs of Staten Park on Pure, I think I normally airbrake only in two places-- courses in Pulse tend to require more airbraking but I still sideshift almost continuously.

I guess the downside is that you can't combine sideshifts and airbreaks for sharp corners-- I tend to airbreak hard and then sideshift immediately after for the Z-turns in Outpost 7, rather than doing both at the same time.

Anyway, I am by NO means that good at either Pure or Pulse, so I'm not recommending my approach :lol but I am interested in hearing if/how other folks custom map their buttons for playing Wipeout games on the PSP :)

Albino Ace
21st June 2008, 08:58 PM
Hmm...well, that's different. :P : )

I just use the usual dual airbrakes. I use Square to accelerate - with the PSP's small size, I just find it more comfortable for me. Then I can easily move the thumb's midjoint down to X to fire weapons, or slightly tilt it up at Triangle to absorb. Of course, this leaves Circle somewhat out of reach...so I put something I rarely use there, which is rear view. :P

As for Outpost 7, first I hold down the airbrake for a little bit, and then I briefly let off so I can double tap and let the sideshift give me a headstart on speeding away from that area. :)