PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Roll Speeds

Typhy
14th June 2008, 12:33 AM
Hi there, I have a few questions regarding this commonly used trick:

Does anyone know if the speed at which a craft can barrel roll is influenced by it's weight?

It has always been said that the distinctions in ship characteristics are that 'heavyweight' craft have higher speed and shielding, whereas 'lightweight' craft have good handling and acceleration, and so would it not be logical to assume that a heavier craft rolls slower and so lessening the chance of a successful barrel roll?
In some tracks it is possible to roll, and immediately nose-up to get the height to perform another. Is this therefore easier to do with teams like AG-SYS and FEISAR?
Barrel rolling with different teams I thought I noticed a difference. Is there some truth to this, or am I just imagining things?!

Cheers,

Typhy

Darkdrium777
14th June 2008, 01:11 AM
I believe all ships spin at the same speed. I've played PurE for quite a long (Passed 100h) time and Pulse for half of that time and I have not noticed any difference.

KIGO1987
14th June 2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah. Dito pretty much the same also. However ive noticed in Pure the ships barrel roll quicker than in Pulse.

Darkdrium777
14th June 2008, 06:00 PM
Yes that is correct.

Typhy
16th June 2008, 06:06 PM
Cool, thanks.

There does seem to be some definite weight difference between the ships, however. I have noticed this on turns such as the final turn onto the grid in Fort Gale Black, where the heavier ships seem to 'sit' on the track through the turn and the lightweights become airbourne, taking time to fall back down and 'grip' the track again.
Another example would be the final turn on Platinum Rush White (one of my personal fav. tracks) where lighter craft seem to slide away from the apex.

Asayyeah
17th June 2008, 04:38 PM
you can compensate that disadvantage by pitching up ( means nose down your ship) while turning : the ship is staying on the track with a good grip.

Typhy
17th June 2008, 09:11 PM
Ah, thanks.

I'll give that one a go! Although I'm not sure what category the EG-X ship falls into, given it's stats...

Darkdrium777
18th June 2008, 01:14 AM
Light I guess. It has only one nose :p

EDIT: Although Pirhana is heavy, and has one nose too.

I'm confused. I think I will have nightmares. :(